This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

Had my two solo for last 5 years, have to say its been fun. The boy has some ROI at Southwell these days too as a bonus.
    My daughter is a fan of apples jade and any horse that runs in gigginstown colours is apples jade.
    Nothing like seeing a five year old scream a horse home
    especially when there is a few gigginstown runners in the same race
    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

My daughter is a fan of apples jade and any horse that runs in gigginstown colours is apples jade.
      Nothing like seeing a five year old scream a horse home
      especially when there is a few gigginstown runners in the same race
      My youngest likes Rich Ricci's colours because (a) pink and (b) 'he has a cool name'.

Hard to argue with that logic tbf.
      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

My youngest likes Rich Ricci's colours because (a) pink and (b) 'he has a cool name'.

Hard to argue with that logic tbf.
        The Swedish rapper?

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

The Swedish rapper?

Not quite but a similarly exuberant sense of fashion.

%2Fmethode%2Ftimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2F8f586f10-5fca-11ea-9891-dcb2edabd2b0.jpg?crop=5100%2C2869%2C0%2C266&resize=1180.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
            Can't remember who recommended it but we watched Sexy Beast last night and enjoyed it. Love Ben Kingsley and he was as intense as I was expecting him to be. Ray Winstone suited to his part well also. Worth a watch.
            That was me. I actually found the film because I wanted to watch something Ray was in, a fantastic actor. I read they held a party at the start of the filming, Kingsley turned up in character and was so annoying Ray W climbed out a window to get away from him!
            Last edited by Hectorjelly; 26-04-21, 21:02.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post

That was me. I actually found the film because I wanted to watch something Ray was in, a fantastic actor. I read they held a party at the start of the filming, Kingsley turned up in character and was so annoying Ray W climbed out a window to get away from him!
              Were you joshing when you referred to him as Kingsley Amis in that post? Like you said, there is no accounting for taste.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

I still haven't finished the latest HSP, but he's a very different animal these days vs his younger days.
                Where are you seeing these? Wouldn't mind watching a few to see how different the profile of players invited to it is now.

Comment

Lol. I dont even care if that's true, its class.

I'm sure you've seen Nil By Mouth but its another good Winstone film. A tough watch but hes fantastic in it.

Comment

Anyone on a Winstone binge should probably watch Scum... bit TV movie but the whole Winstone image in the media is based on that film

As for British films of that ilk... Dead Mans Shoes

Was going to put up trailers but they tell too much of the films, better to just watch'em

Comment

I still haven't finished the latest HSP, but he's a very different animal these days vs his younger days.
                      He still completely crushed it though.. Just love watching him play. Would love to hear the stories of how he got on in the huge Asian cash games.

Emmet They're on PokerGo.. Might be able to find them on some torrent somewhere though.

Comment

Were you joshing when you referred to him as Kingsley Amis in that post? Like you said, there is no accounting for taste.
                        No, just mixed up my Kingsleys

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post

Where are you seeing these? Wouldn't mind watching a few to see how different the profile of players invited to it is now.
                          There's a reddit thread with streaming and cousin links.

Comment

He still runs good though in HSP! i find him a very likeable character tbh

Comment

could see V signing up to this

For that part, participants could receive instructions such as to consume a high-fat breakfast of “two eggs fried in butter, two strips of pork bacon, two slices of toast with butter, 4 oz. of hash brown potatoes, and 8 oz. of whole milk,” all of which must be consumed in 20 minutes.

Comment

Eoghan Murphy resigns as TD. Very strange https://www.finegael.ie/eoghan-murph...ional-affairs/

Comment

Eoghan Murphy resigns as TD. Very strange https://www.finegael.ie/eoghan-murph...ional-affairs/
                                  That is weird. You would have thought he'd be in line for a top job down the line.

Possibly just had enough of the shite here?

Comment

That is weird. You would have thought he'd be in line for a top job down the line.

My guess would be the he was offered a job with the kind of uplift normally given to senior uk politicians when they go.

Comment

New Mortal Kombat movie is so good that it's bad
                                      "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                        New Mortal Kombat movie is so good that it's bad
                                        Gonna be a trilogy and two standalones.
                                        Possibly even a video game tie in.
                                        ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Elected early 2011... done his 10, pension sorted!?
                                          Wonder does he get ministers pension or a TDs?

The local secretary of the labour party spent about 2 years asking me to join in my early 20's, because he wanted a take the piss lefty in the Sligo branch

if he had pointed out to me that all I had to do was get elected (not the easiest for anyone from Sligo town due to Leitrim/Co Sligo vote)
                                          and hold onto the job for 10 years to be pretty much sorted, he might have gotten a different reply

Comment

My guess would be the he was offered a job with the kind of uplift normally given to senior uk politicians when they go.
                                            Yes, but that involves going into the private sector and cough, cough, greasing the wheels with your old colleagues (hello Mr Cameron).

Whereas he seems to be saying he's staying in the public sphere:
                                            I have resigned my seat today, not to leave politics entirely, but to pursue a career in the area of international co-operation, human rights and democracy
                                            Not exactly known for vast uplift. I guess we should wait and see where he ends up. Maybe he is that most dangerous of things, a true idealist. In which case we're best off rid of him.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post

Elected early 2011... done his 10, pension sorted!?
                                              Wonder does he get ministers pension or a TDs?

The local secretary of the labour party spent about 2 years asking me to join in my early 20's, because he wanted a take the piss lefty in the Sligo branch

if he had pointed out to me that all I had to do was get elected (not the easiest for anyone from Sligo town due to Leitrim/Co Sligo vote)
                                              and hold onto the job for 10 years to be pretty much sorted, he might have gotten a different reply
                                              You could be Taoiseach by now.

Or at the very least have cornered the headbanger Connacht vote that Ming inherited.

Comment

I wonder if the vague term 'international affairs' is the modern euphemism that used to be 'Ugandan affairs'?

(the link is worth reading if only for the Irish-related content, which I have no idea is true or not but is a nice thing to think it is )

Comment

Yes, but that involves going into the private sector and cough, cough, greasing the wheels with your old colleagues (hello Mr Cameron).

Not exactly known for vast uplift. I guess we should wait and see where he ends up. Maybe he is that most dangerous of things, a true idealist. In which case we're best off rid of him.
                                                  I was thinking more like David Milliband and his £800k salary at the charity International Rescue Committee.

Comment

I was thinking more like David Milliband and his £800k salary at the charity International Rescue Committee.
                                                    I don't think an Irish ex-minister with no real international exposure would be in that ballpark.

Interesting background he has, according to wiki anyway:

Prior to entering politics, Murphy worked in international arms control, specifically in the area of nuclear weapons disarmament. He has worked for the United Nations Institute for Disarmament Research (UNIDIR) in Geneva, Switzerland
                                                    You can see how that might be more attractive than a 20 year slog to climb over others to get a top job here I suppose.

Comment

FB_IMG_1619519597260.jpg

Comment

Funny thing about Cameron... is it's not really about the money, apparently he carries the shame (poor baby) of having everything handed to him and not being a self-made man, and so is trying to play big business boy
                                                        Even thought the people he wants to be like are basically living on Daddies money as well, just got flash jobs with it

Of course, the way people like that become self-made is through cheating, because having everything handed to you does skew your view of the world somewhat

See Trump

Comment

You could be Taoiseach by now.

Or at the very least have cornered the headbanger Connacht vote that Ming inherited.
                                                          A fella, 10 years and one day... I would have been sitting outside HRs office with my letter of resignation

Comment

A fella, 10 years and one day... I would have been sitting outside HRs office with my letter of resignation
                                                            Would you not just do a Lowry and not bother your arse turning up in the Dail?

Comment

Funny thing about Cameron... is it's not really about the money, apparently he carries the shame (poor baby) of having everything handed to him and not being a self-made man, and so is trying to play big business boy
                                                              Even thought the people he wants to be like are basically living on Daddies money as well, just got flash jobs with it

Of course, the way people like that become self-made is through cheating, because having everything handed to you does skew your view of the world somewhat

See Trump
                                                              It is about the money, that's how you keep score.

Also, the missus is richer than him so I get the impression he wants to fix that.

Comment

It is about the money, that's how you keep score.

Also, the missus is richer than him so I get the impression he wants to fix that.
                                                                aaah ya but apparently he wants to keep score with his money not the old slave owner money or the wife's

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                    Sinn Feiners murdering people.

It's like an episode of Reeling in the Years.

Comment

I'd like to think that Dom Cummings secretly recorded everything.
                                                                      And also hope that he is releasing information in ascending order of gotcha - because if he has already leaked the best stuff then it's probably not enough to dethrone Johnson.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                        I'd like to think that Dom Cummings secretly recorded everything.
                                                                        And also hope that he is releasing information in ascending order of gotcha - because if he has already leaked the best stuff then it's probably not enough to dethrone Johnson.
                                                                        I'd say that if Johnson is stupid enough to be in a situation where people (even those you think you trust) are recording the contents of supposedly confidential meetings, then he's too stupid to be PM.

Also; how the fuck can you not recognise that Cummings was a means to an end (Brexit - getting you to No 10) but was poison in the context of actual government?

Comment

Good competition for Eoghan Murphy's seat,
                                                                          Greens going with Hazel Chu,
                                                                          Labour with Ivana Blacik And FG hoping Kate O'Connell retains their claim.
                                                                          ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Dublin 1850 . Screenshot_20210427-133818_Facebook.jpg

Comment

Type kicker 7.35 punchardstown
                                                                              told to back e/w

Comment

He seemed to be the only politician that wanted to build things in Dublin city

Comment

Ruby sporting a nice tan. Obviously been essentially traveling to somewhere nice and warm. Cnut.

Comment

Originally posted by limpwhacker View Post
                                                                                    Ruby sporting a nice tan. Obviously been essentially traveling to somewhere nice and warm. Cnut.
                                                                                    Ah here tis only been raining 5 minutes

Comment

That podcast recording was quite nerve wracking. Having just a fundamental doubt as to what sentences will emerge from your mouth for three quarters of an hour.

Comment

Originally posted by limpwhacker View Post
                                                                                        I've a nice tan based on climbing the sugar loaf (well the sugar lump beside it) at the weekend. Irish weather is whack yo. Doesn't seem like you should be able to get a tan in sub 10-degree weather, but the Irish gods just don't care.

Comment

Eoghan Murphy may have had a relatively comfortable upbringing but to pass him off as "posh" is a little unfair.

His father Henry is from Limerick originally and as a Barrister he could afford a nice home in Sandymount and have his children educated privately but that's more of a middle class lifestyle rather than landed gentry.

They're an interesting family.
                                                                                          His brother is the actor Killian Scott, probably best known for his role in Love Hate.
                                                                                          So far so good.
                                                                                          His grandfather Russell however was a Theatrical Agent who notoriously spent Most of Gay Byrnes money funding a lavish lifestyle. He apparently was attempting to make restitution when he died.

Comment

Looks like Arlene Foster is about to get the boot.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

I've a nice tan based on climbing the sugar loaf (well the sugar lump beside it) at the weekend. Irish weather is whack yo. Doesn't seem like you should be able to get a tan in sub 10-degree weather, but the Irish gods just don't care.
                                                                                              Same here, albeit based on cycling up and down Howth Head last w/e. Huge surprise in my American colleague's voice when she asked me had I got some sun!

Comment

Originally posted by DeeBrown View Post
                                                                                                Eoghan Murphy may have had a relatively comfortable upbringing but to pass him off as "posh" is a little unfair.

His father Henry is from Limerick originally and as a Barrister he could afford a nice home in Sandymount and have his children educated privately but that's more of a middle class lifestyle rather than landed gentry.
                                                                                                Father is a barrister and you are educated privately whilst living in Sandymount? That's the dictionary definition of posh.

Comment

Father is a barrister and you are educated privately whilst living in Sandymount? That's the dictionary definition of posh.

Surely the 'from Limerick' bit knocks him several notches down the socioeconomic spectrum?

Comment

I was thinking today after seeing a photo of South Sudan's leader which world leaders are the least trustworthy looking? For reference here is President Kiir:

c12252cf4f27405186cdcc5c9bc16f91_18.jpg

Comment

Had a visitor today
                                                                                                      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                                                                                                      This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Surely the 'from Limerick' bit knocks him several notches down the socioeconomic spectrum?
                                                                                                        Purchased Own Sandymount Home . - POSH

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                          Had a visitor today
                                                                                                          Is that a Healy Rae of some descript? Photo is tiny.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

Is that a Healy Rae of some descript? Photo is tiny.
                                                                                                            bit of a likeness alright. Cup also says Jackie Healy Tae and he insisted on me using it.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                                              I was thinking today after seeing a photo of South Sudan's leader which world leaders are the least trustworthy looking? For reference here is President Kiir:

c12252cf4f27405186cdcc5c9bc16f91_18.jpg
                                                                                                              Kazakhstan:
                                                                                                              200px-Kassym-Jomart_Tokayev_%282020-02-01%29.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                                                UK:

BRITAIN-POLITICS.jpg

Comment

Guy in Chechnia is class

Comment

Speaking of Limerick, I was walking home from town on Saturday afternoon and there was a couple walking behind me that I couldn't help but overhear.

He was a complete knob, with the most D4 accent you'll ever get but he looked like he'd just come off the Occupy Dame St movement and was walking along with his fixie bike. She wasn't quite so D4 and her attire was very much along the lines of a goth who liked the sunshine. They were a bit of an odd couple and definitely in 2nd / 3rd date territory.

The conversation went along the line of

Him : Like, do you know how much you could get a three of four story Georgian house in Limerick for?
                                                                                                                    Her: No, how much
                                                                                                                    Him : Like, around €700K
                                                                                                                    Her : Really...
                                                                                                                    Him : Yeah, it's absurdly cheap but then you're in Limerick
                                                                                                                    Her : Is it that bad?
                                                                                                                    Him : Oh yeah, I mean it;s so hotch potch - I mean, they try and try and just when you think they may be getting it together, it all falls apart
                                                                                                                    Her : Oh...
                                                                                                                    Him : Yeah, like Limerick
                                                                                                                    Her : Is there not a really good arts scene there at the minute, a lot of young new talent coming out of there?
                                                                                                                    Him : Well, yeah, there is bits but it's so fragmented

Comment

Philip Rothwell had 2 winners at Punchestown today. It really has been a strange year.
                                                                                                                      Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Chelsea should be three up here, look like scoring every time they attack.

Edit: doh!

Comment

Chelsea should be three up here, look like scoring every time they attack.

Edit: doh!
                                                                                                                          No more posting til 10pm ty.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X