This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
    Verdict in in the Chauvin trial. Not sure if 10 hours deliberating means anything more than the attention span of most people not being what it used to be.
    Sadly overshadowed by the football pantomine where a collection of hideous organisations and individuals see their carefully laid plans collapse in a humiliating fashion.

I think I may have OD'd on the schadenfreude.
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

This guy has also written a good article on the contempt in which these clubs hold their 'fans'. AKA 'suckers'.

Comment

Guilty on all 3.
        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Guilty on all counts.
          Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Guilty
            Guilty
            Guilty

Unanimous * 3.

Comment

It's gas that no one is in favour of the Super League but everyone will spend their limited time and money watching a franchise with a monopoly on the worlds best players and won't give a second glance to the struggles of mediocre English teams anymore.
              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Rahenyrhythm View Post
                ​​​​​​.. GG? The bank? I dunno But I' m fuckin sorry I bothered me arse with the whole online thing once again. Ionapaul may be interested given his gg connection...
                ​​​ Apologies for any typos or discrepancies in the above, but you get my point. I think I have 10 dollars left in my gg account which will go you know where...
                Hey - I'm really sorry to hear you had this trouble. Now firstly I don't work in payments so can't 100% stand over what I'm about to write, BUT yes, GGPoker does have many different ways of withdrawing, but in a case where your preferred method of withdrawal isn't working (which is the credit card/bank's fault, not GG, for whatever that is worth - very little in most circumstances!), we simply have to ask a player to make another deposit using their next preferred withdrawal method, before that method can be used. This is down to anti-money laundering/financing of terror requirements (not a joke! bear with me), we need to be 100% sure that the money is going out to a genuine account associated with the player, rather than to some random account that could be literally anyone. Typically any withdrawal needs to go back to the last deposit method used. It sucks but that's how we and all other egaming outfits operate at present.

Sounds like you weren't helped very much by whomever responded to you from our support/payments team and I apologise for that. If you fancy playing a bit at GG without having to deposit again, send me a PM with your nickname and I'll send some freebies your way. If you win anything, you'll still have to deposit using a new payment method in order to be able to withdraw to that method again though, I can't help with that requirement unfortunately!

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                  It's gas that no one is in favour of the Super League but everyone will spend their limited time and money watching a franchise with a monopoly on the worlds best players and won't give a second glance to the struggles of mediocre English teams anymore.

need to ban Strew and Raodroool posting about football, it’s cringe.

Comment

It was the nature of the competition. There has to be winners and losers . They sold it completely wrong.

Comment

BREXIT from the Super League . Will it be a hard Brexit? Perez will not be happy.

Comment

Well i spent my limited time and limited money (a fiver) watching Sligo Rovers go top of the league tonight after winning 3-1 away to the Bohemians

17 yr old Sligo lad who scored his first goal last week, flicks on for 18 yr old Mayo lad to score his first goal this

Comment

lot to catch up on today...

but to start, new house shit taking up a lot of my time.
                          Explain to me why I wouldn't just go for the cheapest option here?
                          Compare our great value Gas, Electricity & Dual Fuel price plans to find the best offer for you. Switch now.

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post

I'd have expected you to see the gargantuan hypocrisy underlying the reaction of soccer fans to this.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post

I wish it was the normalisation rules wombat, that's all pretty simple imo
                              It is indeed the twelve rules of what is relational
                              The lecturers lecture on it is him basically repeating them and saying stuff like they are hard to understand, lazy bastard!

Seems to me they were written for a time when cowboys pretended their product was relational but now it is all kind of in the code hence ignored
                              Im sure it's relatively straight forward but was just looking for a simpler breakdown than the actual rules to follow

I should have made that clearer, will edit, Cheers!
                              That's a pretty crazy course requirement.
                              The 12(13) Rules are for vendors not for DBAs really
                              As per usual RedGate do a pretty plain breakdown of them
                              Dr. Codd proposed the normalization rules we used to design databases, but did you know that he also came up with rules that vendors must meet to call their products relational database systems? In this article, Joe Celko explains the thirteen RDBMS rules.

From my own experience, I don't think professionally I've ever really had to consider them as most vendor houses do it out of the box.

I need to prove my sql database fits the rules using queries etc
                              This requirement strikes me that either yourself or the cowboy leading this course have mixed up RM with RDBMS

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Evening all. I have a sad tale to relate about ggpoker - some of the fault may be mine, I'm somewhat confused at this stage. I'll try not to keep you too long...

Firstly, some of you will know I am a long-time lurker here, don't post very much. As I am a "senior" type of guy, I don't understand much of what you young lads do be on about, eg them oul Nft's and such like! So I am maybe confused about modern technological methods. Anyway, this is in the nature of a serious complaint/moan and I'd be interested to hear what people here think. And so, again before I get into detail I must confess I'm one of the crappiest poker players ever - pretty shit live, but really appalling online. You will know the sorry tale going back to c 2005 - only playing drunk, at levels way way beyond my competence, the occasional lucky strike but always ending in abject failure and excluding myself from sites etc. Which is absolutely fine, I always had the money to indulge and while I didn't like losing it, there were no sour grapes...
                                And so, during lock down I decided once again to donate my money to a group of fellow online players who I felt would really appreciate it! I duly rejoined ggpoker. We had a little discussion about previous accounts I had opened with them previously, but after some assiduous copying and posting of intimate and other personal details, I was cleared to once again join the merry throngs playing online on their site.

I stuck in 300 dollars in 2 separate deposits and I almost immediately struck lucky - a rare occurrence - over a few nights playing. I made a withdrawal request of 500 dollars back to my Visa, but nothing seemed to happen and so I soon pulled it back to my poker account and duly lost most of it. However I had a mini recovery and decided - definitely - to withdraw 150 dollars to my Visa. Nothing happened for a few days and so I decided to try and trace back through my gg account to see what happened. Well, it turned out my withdrawal had been sent from gg to my bank (AIB) who had rejected it because, my helpful phone-banking assistant said, gg had used a method - visa direct I think she said - to refund my money, which is not acceptable to AIB; and could I please ask ggpoker to use a different method to return monies to my VISA account. No one had told me about my 150 floating around in free space, anyway...

Well, sez I, I am sure I'm not the only Irish online player with ggpoker that uses VISA, so they (gg) must have other methods/networks/whatever to put monies back into accounts. So I texted their help/support people , explained what AIB had said, and asked could they have a look and sort things out. I would have assumed that a worldwide organisation like gg would be able to deal with a small issue like this...

I duly received a polite, if robotic/scripted reply saying they would ask their cashier section to look into things. In the meantime, my poker luck was holding and I had accumulated a further 900 dollars, of which 500 was required (by me) to go back to my visa. Are you detecting a sorry ending to this cos you'd be right. I had 500 dollars unused in my gg account - to be returned to my VISA- duly lost the other 400 - fair enough - and made a further withdrawal request for the 500 back to my VISA. At pretty much the same time as I did this request I got a longer, even more robotic/scripted note, written in a formal but bad version of English, telling me basically to fuck off and use a different deposit/withdrawal account. Of course my immediate response to this was to pull my 500 straight back into my poker account, and in a glorious but ultimately self-defeating blaze of glory, to donate that back to the poker world also.
                                You'll guess from the passive/aggressive nature of all of the above, that I am fucking furious and feel really badly treated. It appears that I can put as much money as I like into my gg online poker account, just don't ever try and withdraw any of it.
                                Sorry this is such a long post and I hope I don't come across as moaning (of course you do, sez the assembled masses!), but there seems to be some kind if bind in the above that doesn't make sense. I would have thought, if money could be deposited from a standard VISA card, it could just as easily be refunded to it...
                                Maybe it's me, I dunno. But there's a total of 1, 150 dollars that might have resided in my VISA account that I ended up donking away cos I could find no way to release it. The money doesn't matter, but I feel as if I've been royally fucked over... By someone
                                ​​​​​​.. GG? The bank? I dunno But I' m fuckin sorry I bothered me arse with the whole online thing once again. Ionapaul may be interested given his gg connection...
                                ​​​ Apologies for any typos or discrepancies in the above, but you get my point. I think I have 10 dollars left in my gg account which will go you know where...
                                Not sure if this will help but I had this very issue with my 1st withdrawal from GG a couple of weeks ago also to AIB Visa, all I done was switch from dollar to euro in the cashier and funds hit my bank account in a couple of days, done the same thing only last weekend and no problem either.
                                Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

That's a pretty crazy course requirement.
                                  The 12(13) Rules are for vendors not for DBAs really
                                  As per usual RedGate do a pretty plain breakdown of them
                                  https://www.red-gate.com/simple-talk...-twelve-rules/

From my own experience, I don't think professionally I've ever really had to consider them as most vendor houses do it out of the box.

This requirement strikes me that either yourself or the cowboy leading this course have mixed up RM with RDBMS
                                  Crazy? Half the class didn't know what SQL was 3 months ago and they get this landed on them as part of the project

Words will be had!

Cheers!
                                  Last edited by Guest; 20-04-21, 23:04.

Comment

I've been saying for a long time - soccer disappeared up its own arse decades ago. This was just the logical next step.

The fans will be cheering on their teams this weekend, fondly imagining that their abusive relationship has been mended.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post

Thejournal.ie comment section level, I'm expecting a reference to Mehole Martin
                                      airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by wicklowp View Post

Not sure if this will help but I had this very issue with my 1st withdrawal from GG a couple of weeks ago also to AIB Visa, all I done was switch from dollar to euro in the cashier and funds hit my bank account in a couple of days, done the same thing only last weekend and no problem either.
                                        Jaysis - really? I actually tried to change my withdrawal currency in the cashier from dollars to euro but it just defaulted to dollars again? Any particular method you used to look for euros?
                                        Maybe if I used euros as my playing currency rather than dollars? Thanks you very much for that very helpful info.

Ionapaul - I really appreciate your gentlemanly response, I wasn't intending to get at you in any way, but was hoping you would notice my post and acknowledge it - which you did. You are a decent dude. Given that I feel I might have "cracked" some of the lower-level cash games on GG (lol - the eternal delusions of the occasional poker player !!!) I would love to go back into the fray again, but I really cant face the thoughts of setting up a Skrill (dafuck?) or Neteller or some other new type of account - I'm too old and set in me ways to be at that! I know, I know...but anyway.

Do you think Ionapaul if I just lodged some more money and stipulate I want to play in eur rather than dollars, that might do the trick re refunding winnings straight back to my VISA? Seems to have worked for wicklowp above? If I thought that would work I'd get right back at it. Maybe you could ask someone there for me?

I do accept that there are rules of conduct which apply to everyone and I just didnt realise that refund thing was one of them, but there you go. Its very kind of you to offer me some freebies but to be honest, say if I won with them? How would I get me lll-gotten gains ? For what its worth I really enjoyed the site, its easy to play and nice little surprise extras like sometimes getting a few bob for hitting a flush etc, so I really wouldnt need much encouragement to jump back in...
                                        I actually came on here this morning to delete my post from last night, which was aided by a few drinkies (I betcha no-one guessed - ahem !!!) but am delighted to see the kind and supportive comments from people - makes me feel slightly less of an idiot, thanks all.

OK, if I could be reassured that the "wicklow way" works, I'd be straight back at it, if I could get some more reassurance on that. Once again, thanks to all...

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

I've been saying for a long time - soccer disappeared up its own arse decades ago. This was just the logical next step.

The fans will be cheering on their teams this weekend, fondly imagining that their abusive relationship has been mended.
                                          As long as fans support and enjoy the game/rivalries well then it’s going to remain the biggest sport in the world. It’s growing every year and with the growth in the wimmins game , it will remain the biggest and possibly the fastest growing sport in the next few years.
                                          When you say disappeared up it’s own arse. I can’t think of a sport that has not done similar. The Olympic games itself needs a new sport -> dodging/passing the juice test. The Champions League games are massively entertaining , though it does require some tweeks to eliminate the nothing matches. In footballs favour it seems drugs doesn’t seem to be a big issue.

In itself football is a great game. I for one don’t feel abused by the accounting practices. I’d spend more on an overpriced meal in Dublin than I would to attend a PL game (although it’s been a while for both) . To it’s credit Football stood up to the ultimate slap in the face, the hand picking of favoured clubs to play in a league with no consequences for defeat other than the outrage of fans. I bet you guys will continue to watch it as it plays out from within it’s own bowels.
                                          Maybe give it credit this week for at least drawing a line against the ultimate corporate greed .

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

As long as fans support and enjoy the game/rivalries well then it’s going to remain the biggest sport in the world.
                                            It is interesting that soccer particularly in England, can still command the level of passion seen in the last couple of days amongst fans when there is no hint of any similar passion amongst those running the clubs or playing on the pitch.

Comment

lot to catch up on today...

but to start, new house shit taking up a lot of my time.
                                              Explain to me why I wouldn't just go for the cheapest option here?
                                              Compare our great value Gas, Electricity & Dual Fuel price plans to find the best offer for you. Switch now.

I'm not crazy right? It's a no brainer to go with the first one?

In other house related quandries, Shark Vs Dyson?

Shark seems to be just as good for half the price

Comment

Rahenyrhythm I'm trying to follow up internally on this for you, no promises because I'm just not working in that side of the business, but I'm doing my best! Will let you know what I hear back anyhow.

Comment

Things are quiet on the freelance photography front there is some light at the end of the tunnel with the WSOP going ahead this year (falls during my wedding) I'd hope to pick up a couple weeks there. Just putting it out there for the BBV if anybody has an in for some work that would be handy enough for me to pick up for a bit? Any help greatly appreciated. If you have my number drop me a line or else send me a PM.
                                                  "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Dyson is a prick, so the less money given to him the better.

Similar to you, I don't understand the gas and elec thing - it seems like they've invented two worse plans simply to make the first one seem great. Why would anyone not go with the first one?!
                                                    "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Need a set of knives for my new cookery profession. What would I go for if I wanted a decent set of knives that are chef quality, but not forged by a teenager in the west of Ireland excessively good quality? Is there a brand, a price range, I should be looking at?

Comment

Became disillusioned with the soccer years ago and the introduction of farcical VAR has heightened the disillusion. It got to a point where I turned down a trip to OT with the brother when I asked myself, what's the point. In the last 2 years I've watched 3 full soccer games and all 3 were PSG v Bayern.

One good thing to come from that, we decided to buy season tickets to follow the Kerry team. All league games and first championship game covered in the price. Overnight the away games in towns we might not visit otherwise. Was great for me cos I also got a weekend at home when Kerry played in Tralee/Killarney.

Also, because you're emotionally invested by following the team, results like the drawn league game in Croke Park which may not have meant anything a few years ago, suddenly meant a lot. Going to PL soccer games never gave me a feeling like going to Kerry games did.

Comment

g
                                                          Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                          Rahenyrhythm I'm trying to follow up internally on this for you, no promises because I'm just not working in that side of the business, but I'm doing my best! Will let you know what I hear back anyhow.
                                                          Ionapaul you are a total gent, I really appreciate your intervening. Very many thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                            Became disillusioned with the soccer years ago and the introduction of farcical VAR has heightened the disillusion. It got to a point where I turned down a trip to OT with the brother when I asked myself, what's the point. In the last 2 years I've watched 3 full soccer games and all 3 were PSG v Bayern.

One good thing to come from that, we decided to buy season tickets to follow the Kerry team. All league games and first championship game covered in the price. Overnight the away games in towns we might not visit otherwise. Was great for me cos I also got a weekend at home when Kerry played in Tralee/Killarney.

Also, because you're emotionally invested by following the team, results like the drawn league game in Croke Park which may not have meant anything a few years ago, suddenly meant a lot. Going to PL soccer games never gave me a feeling like going to Kerry games did.

Probably a bit like LOI fans who do the same

Comment

It is interesting that soccer particularly in England, can still command the level of passion seen in the last couple of days amongst fans when there is no hint of any similar passion amongst those running the clubs or playing on the pitch.
                                                              Ah, would ya get out ta fuck!

Too busy to fully bite on this comment but, yeah, get out ta fuck, will ya.

Comment

Yes, first one.
                                                                A few bells and whistles on the others which you pay for with a higher price.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                  Was around to the brother yesterday. Really struggling with clinical depression,which was diagnosed a couple of months ago. Struggling to sleep at all at night. Has started on antidepressants but hasn't settled into a drug or dose yet. He is doing a session a week with a psychiatrist. He is still managing to function at work. Hadn't been over much because of the lockdown but I got a bit of a shock at his behavior yesterday. My daughter 15 was with me and she commented on how he seemed well of form, coming away from the house, and her not having been told about his condition.

This time last year, he would be the last person in the world, one would bet on to become depressed.

Had a good chat with him today and he said he was really struggling. Exhausted tired all the time, confused, forgetful, and beset by negative black moods. Spoke of felling numb and bereft of any happiness.

Lives in a small chaotic house with the wife and five children. The eldest 22, is autistic and has been very troublesome during lockdown. His wife, pure saint, has admitted she is struggling to cope too.

I'm very worried about him. Wondering what I can do. Have offered to go walking with him in the evening during the week, but he wouldn't commit to that. Has anybody any experience with this or any suggestions? Fully prepared to drop everything, and take him away from it all for a few months, if necessary.

Something similar happened to my father. Sailed through life until he retired. 2 years later we noticed he was showing some classic sings of depression, but put 2 + 2 together a bit late. After 2 more years of struggling with depression, he killed himself.

Sorry to be bringing this here, but this I have found this place to be a good sounding board.

Pretty much impossible to improve on Hotspur's advice but the only thing I'd say is, if possible, don't take this all on yourself. Is there other family members/mates of your brother that can chip in?

Also, don't forget to look after yourself during all this. Easier said than done I know, but you burn yourself out, are stressed etc, you'll be no good to your brother.

Hope it all works out OK for you

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                    Need a set of knives for my new cookery profession. What would I go for if I wanted a decent set of knives that are chef quality, but not forged by a teenager in the west of Ireland excessively good quality? Is there a brand, a price range, I should be looking at?
                                                                    I'm thinking about similar myself BUT I feel it's better to learn how to manage them properly on a cheaper set first.

IKEA knives + whetstones + sharpening steel = job done. Down the line buy yourself a pro set when you hit a milestone/goal of some sort.

Comment

Evening all. I have a sad tale to relate about ggpoker - some of the fault may be mine, I'm somewhat confused at this stage. I'll try not to keep you too long...

Firstly, some of you will know I am a long-time lurker here, don't post very much. As I am a "senior" type of guy, I don't understand much of what you young lads do be on about, eg them oul Nft's and such like! So I am maybe confused about modern technological methods. Anyway, this is in the nature of a serious complaint/moan and I'd be interested to hear what people here think. And so, again before I get into detail I must confess I'm one of the crappiest poker players ever - pretty shit live, but really appalling online. You will know the sorry tale going back to c 2005 - only playing drunk, at levels way way beyond my competence, the occasional lucky strike but always ending in abject failure and excluding myself from sites etc. Which is absolutely fine, I always had the money to indulge and while I didn't like losing it, there were no sour grapes...
                                                                      And so, during lock down I decided once again to donate my money to a group of fellow online players who I felt would really appreciate it! I duly rejoined ggpoker. We had a little discussion about previous accounts I had opened with them previously, but after some assiduous copying and posting of intimate and other personal details, I was cleared to once again join the merry throngs playing online on their site.

I stuck in 300 dollars in 2 separate deposits and I almost immediately struck lucky - a rare occurrence - over a few nights playing. I made a withdrawal request of 500 dollars back to my Visa, but nothing seemed to happen and so I soon pulled it back to my poker account and duly lost most of it. However I had a mini recovery and decided - definitely - to withdraw 150 dollars to my Visa. Nothing happened for a few days and so I decided to try and trace back through my gg account to see what happened. Well, it turned out my withdrawal had been sent from gg to my bank (AIB) who had rejected it because, my helpful phone-banking assistant said, gg had used a method - visa direct I think she said - to refund my money, which is not acceptable to AIB; and could I please ask ggpoker to use a different method to return monies to my VISA account. No one had told me about my 150 floating around in free space, anyway...

Well, sez I, I am sure I'm not the only Irish online player with ggpoker that uses VISA, so they (gg) must have other methods/networks/whatever to put monies back into accounts. So I texted their help/support people , explained what AIB had said, and asked could they have a look and sort things out. I would have assumed that a worldwide organisation like gg would be able to deal with a small issue like this...

I duly received a polite, if robotic/scripted reply saying they would ask their cashier section to look into things. In the meantime, my poker luck was holding and I had accumulated a further 900 dollars, of which 500 was required (by me) to go back to my visa. Are you detecting a sorry ending to this cos you'd be right. I had 500 dollars unused in my gg account - to be returned to my VISA- duly lost the other 400 - fair enough - and made a further withdrawal request for the 500 back to my VISA. At pretty much the same time as I did this request I got a longer, even more robotic/scripted note, written in a formal but bad version of English, telling me basically to fuck off and use a different deposit/withdrawal account. Of course my immediate response to this was to pull my 500 straight back into my poker account, and in a glorious but ultimately self-defeating blaze of glory, to donate that back to the poker world also.
                                                                      You'll guess from the passive/aggressive nature of all of the above, that I am fucking furious and feel really badly treated. It appears that I can put as much money as I like into my gg online poker account, just don't ever try and withdraw any of it.
                                                                      Sorry this is such a long post and I hope I don't come across as moaning (of course you do, sez the assembled masses!), but there seems to be some kind if bind in the above that doesn't make sense. I would have thought, if money could be deposited from a standard VISA card, it could just as easily be refunded to it...
                                                                      Maybe it's me, I dunno. But there's a total of 1, 150 dollars that might have resided in my VISA account that I ended up donking away cos I could find no way to release it. The money doesn't matter, but I feel as if I've been royally fucked over... By someone

Sorry in advance as this is probably going to sound very harsh, but get a grip. Nobody forced you to spunk off the money in your account. There was not two hard locked mutually exclusive options in front of you of

A) withdraw immediately

or

B) spunk off the loots

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post

I'm thinking about similar myself BUT I feel it's better to learn how to manage them properly on a cheaper set first.

IKEA knives + whetstones + sharpening steel = job done. Down the line buy yourself a pro set when you hit a milestone/goal of some sort.
                                                                        Might do that actually. A slightly crap set of knives, well maintained.

Comment

Really appreciating the insights that strew and rd are bringing to soccer. As an NFT K1 league soccer owner myself, I understand their level of insight, thats maybe going over the heads of some of the plebs. Keep up the good fight lads.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post

Sorry in advance as this is probably going to sound very harsh, but get a grip. Nobody forced you to spunk off the money in your account. There was not two hard locked mutually exclusive options in front of you of

A) withdraw immediately

or

B) spunk off the loots
                                                                            and did you ever play a game of poker yourself, father.

Comment

and did you ever play a game of poker yourself, father.
                                                                              I most certainly did and there was times, I either played woejus or tilted (or both) and spunk off more money than I would have liked but that's on me, nobody made me sit at the table (real life or online)

On the flip side, I also have money (not large amounts in the grand scheme of things) sitting in online poker accounts for yonks that I have managed not to spunk off - Go me!

Comment

Its a well-known gambling website trick, as you know - make it hard to get money off so that people spunk it away. Its a trick because it works. Mainly because people haven't yet discovered the wonderful world of NFT investing.

Comment

Going on a podcast next week to discuss metaverses. a podcast that is called something like irsh_tech_news to avoid googleability. do we have any smart thoughts on metaverses that I can pass off as my own?

Comment

Going on a podcast next week to discuss metaverses. a podcast that is called something like irsh_tech_news to avoid googleability. do we have any smart thoughts on metaverses that I can pass off as my own?
                                                                                    PM sent

Comment

Damn! I really need a haircut. I could cope with, indeed was slightly flattered on occasion by the comparisons to as they evolved from 'you look like some mad poet' to a 'fat John Cooper Clarke without the shoe polish' and onwards to Brenda Fricker and Nell McCafferty but today someone went too far and told me I looked like Mick fucking Wallace

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

PM sent
                                                                                        Sad to say I looked, you fecker.

Comment

You can claim that you are in fact a NFT in someone elses metaverse, that our universe is in fact a digital construct created to amuse an advanced version of us who may well themselves be digital recreations etc
                                                                                          You can cite Trump as proof.

Comment

Might do that actually. A slightly crap set of knives, well maintained.
                                                                                            I think companies kind of oversell people on the idea of a set of knives. I got a pretty good set of 5 a few years ago and only 2 are used regularly, a 13cm about 80% of the time and a 21cm one about 20%. The others get taken off the rack every six months or so to have the dust washed off them.

If I were you I'd wait and see what the course recommends
                                                                                            Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

I think companies kind of oversell people on the idea of a set of knives. I got a pretty good set of 5 a few years ago and only 2 are used regularly, a 13cm about 80% of the time and a 21cm one about 20%. The others get taken off the rack every six months or so to have the dust washed off them.

If I were you I'd wait and see what the course recommends
                                                                                              They have a specific list. Not too many actual knives.
                                                                                              • Chef’s knife
                                                                                              • Paring knife
                                                                                              • Serrated knife
                                                                                              • Sharpening/honing steel

Comment

Originally posted by dinekes View Post

You can claim that you are in fact a NFT in someone elses metaverse, that our universe is in fact a digital construct created to amuse an advanced version of us who may well themselves be digital recreations etc
                                                                                                You can cite Trump as proof.
                                                                                                You know there's an actual longstanding theory that pretty much says that? (minus the exact NFT terminology)

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                                                    Things are quiet on the freelance photography front there is some light at the end of the tunnel with the WSOP going ahead this year (falls during my wedding) I'd hope to pick up a couple weeks there. Just putting it out there for the BBV if anybody has an in for some work that would be handy enough for me to pick up for a bit? Any help greatly appreciated. If you have my number drop me a line or else send me a PM.
                                                                                                    Danny, is the WSOP photography sorted already? Who will you be doing it for - PokerNews?

Comment

Horse racing game based on NFT's https://zed.run/marketplace

Comment

I think any professional waffler worth their salt could get 20 minutes out of comparing the Oasis from Ready Player One to the virtual worlds of crypto landscape.
                                                                                                        The embryonic state of a virtual world with in world financial transactions and the Wild West frontier attitude of early adopters.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                                                                          ETHHorse tried this about 2 years ago

Comment

g
                                                                                                            Ionapaul you are a total gent, I really appreciate your intervening. Very many thanks.
                                                                                                            So, I did get a response from our payment people! But I'm not giving you much more info than I had earlier - your withdrawal attempts were rejected by your own bank as they claim not to support VISA Direct, which unfortunately is the way our payment processor (the middle man between GGPoker and banks, e-wallets, etc...) facilitates withdrawals. Now using Skrill or Neteller is easiest but I can understand why you wouldn't want to bother setting up another account. My contact suggested that the best way forward was first to actively challenge your bank to enable this type of withdrawal for your account (as other VISA Direct withdrawals are getting through for other players), as they might be applying a restriction against you for whatever reason neither GG nor you are aware of. The next thing to do if this doesn't work is using a different card to withdraw (hopefully from a different financial institution!), after first making a minimum deposit of $10 to 'enable' that method A last resort (and happy to work with you on this) is to facilitate a manual transfer direct to your bank.

Comment

A moment's silence for El Stuntdog who has barked at her last postman. Buried in the back garden with full military honours.

Comment

You know there's an actual longstanding theory that pretty much says that? (minus the exact NFT terminology)

Comment

Reread Snow Crash before you go on?
                                                                                                                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

My hot take on the Metaverse is that there's nothing about the Internet that is improved by putting a pseudo-realistic 3D interface on it. All it does is create a bunch of limitations that you don't actually want. The only real benefit will be in recreating the intimacy of an in-person conversation without actually being in the same room, but it will always play 2nd fiddle to actually doing that, while not actually being that much better than a zoom call.
                                                                                                                    Last edited by AndyFatBastard; 21-04-21, 15:11.
                                                                                                                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

Probably a bit like LOI fans who do the same
                                                                                                                      I'd love to support the LOI and go to or games, especially now I've got some decent sides within a handy drive. Bohs, Rovers, Dundalk for a small road trip, even Shels and Pat's could be fun but the hardcore fan base dont do anything to make someone like me feel welcome tbh and seem to carry a massive chip on their shoulder.

Any time I've had a (usually brief) conversation with a LOI fan it's pretty much boiled down to them telling me I'm not a "real" fan and I should just head down to my local club. Despite explaining I grew up with no local LOI club within an hour of me. I did go to every Killarney Celtic home game when I lived in the town and since moving to Meath I go and watch all the teams around me regularly, Ratoath Haprs, Kentstown, Duleek, Ashbourne. Pre pandemic of course. Even made a few jaunts into Ayrfield to watch them play cos they're a good side for a junior side.

But apparently that doesnt make me a real fan in the eyes of a LOI fan. So I don't think I'd be in a rush to support the league tbh and I'll just stick with going to Sunday league games when they're back

Turned into a bit of a rant but anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post

I'd love to support the LOI and go to or games, especially now I've got some decent sides within a handy drive. Bohs, Rovers, Dundalk for a small road trip, even Shels and Pat's could be fun but the hardcore fan base dont do anything to make someone like me feel welcome tbh and seem to carry a massive chip on their shoulder.

Any time I've had a (usually brief) conversation with a LOI fan it's pretty much boiled down to them telling me I'm not a "real" fan and I should just head down to my local club. Despite explaining I grew up with no local LOI club within an hour of me. I did go to every Killarney Celtic home game when I lived in the town and since moving to Meath I go and watch all the teams around me regularly, Ratoath Haprs, Kentstown, Duleek, Ashbourne. Pre pandemic of course. Even made a few jaunts into Ayrfield to watch them play cos they're a good side for a junior side.

But apparently that doesnt make me a real fan in the eyes of a LOI fan. So I don't think I'd be in a rush to support the league tbh and I'll just stick with going to Sunday league games when they're back

Turned into a bit of a rant but anyway.
                                                                                                                        And the second one like Dice reaches out a bit he gets stuff like the above thrown back at him so decides not to bother in the future...
                                                                                                                        Last edited by Guest; 21-04-21, 15:27.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post

And the second one like Dice reaches out a bit he gets stuff like the above thrown back at him so decides not to bother in the future...
                                                                                                                          Well I wasnt throwing anything at dice and he knows this so. Twas a rant is all. Meh.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X