X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
    Who's the floor man of IPB?
    Herself got what I thought was an utterly fucking insane quote for 35m^2 of floor but I actually realised I have almost zero idea of how much "floor" is.

This the shtuff she's after - or similar https://www.instagram.com/p/CMnNBDan...d=w1h67b38qjyi

Also I'll be looking for a blinds and shutters man soon too.

What other men do we have?
    balfejohn is your man. Due to get back to him about a couple of bits next week. Wood floors, tiles, bathrooms, worktops.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post
      Can't believe I missed these guys first time around when their debut was released on 2018. Nevertheless their LCD Soundsystem-influenced ravey punk-funk is cheering me up no end today AND I just discovered they're playing Vicar Street in October - I'll be shining up my dancing shoes for that!

This video REALLY makes me wanna get out and dance...

Great tune. I've never heard of them before. The stage antics remind me of the Sultans of Ping.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post

You might find this interesting
        That was really brilliant Sham. Thanks for sharing.

I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Did a 10k limp today. I'm beset with corns . Having a few cans read this today. Its pretty cool imo
          Spinoza (apparently) . Could be someone else . Similar to Hendricks never said Rory was the greatest but the text is pretty good.

corn hacks appreciated?

SPOILER
          When Einstein gave lectures at U.S. universities, the recurring question that students asked him most was:
          - Do you believe in God?
          And he always answered:
          - I believe in the God of Spinoza.

Baruch de Spinoza was a Dutch philosopher considered one of the great rationalists of 17th century philosophy, along with Descartes.

(Spinoza) : God would say:

Stop praying.
          What I want you to do is go out into the world and enjoy your life. I want you to sing, have fun and enjoy everything I've made for you.

Stop going into those dark, cold temples that you built yourself and saying they are my house. My house is in the mountains, in the woods, rivers, lakes, beaches. That's where I live and there I express my love for you.

Stop blaming me for your miserable life; I never told you there was anything wrong with you or that you were a sinner, or that your sexuality was a bad thing. Sex is a gift I have given you and with which you can express your love, your ecstasy, your joy. So don't blame me for everything they made you believe.

Stop reading alleged sacred scriptures that have nothing to do with me. If you can't read me in a sunrise, in a landscape, in the look of your friends, in your son's eyes... ➤ you will find me in no book!
          Stop asking me "will you tell me how to do my job?" Stop being so scared of me. I do not judge you or criticize you, nor get angry, or bothered. I am pure love.

Stop asking for forgiveness, there's nothing to forgive. If I made you... I filled you with passions, limitations, pleasures, feelings, needs, inconsistencies... free will. How can I blame you if you respond to something I put in you? How can I punish you for being the way you are, if I'm the one who made you? Do you think I could create a place to burn all my children who behave badly for the rest of eternity? What kind of god would do that?

Respect your peers and don't do what you don't want for yourself. All I ask is that you pay attention in your life, that alertness is your guide.

My beloved, this life is not a test, not a step on the way, not a rehearsal, nor a prelude to paradise. This life is the only thing here and now and it is all you need.

I have set you absolutely free, no prizes or punishments, no sins or virtues, no one carries a marker, no one keeps a record.
          You are absolutely free to create in your life. Heaven or hell.

➤ I can't tell you if there's anything after this life but I can give you a tip. Live as if there is not. As if this is your only chance to enjoy, to love, to exist.

So, if there's nothing after, then you will have enjoyed the opportunity I gave you. And if there is, rest assured that I won't ask if you behaved right or wrong, I'll ask. Did you like it? Did you have fun? What did you enjoy the most? What did you learn?...

Stop believing in me; believing is assuming, guessing, imagining. I don't want you to believe in me, I want you to believe in you. I want you to feel me in you when you kiss your beloved, when you tuck in your little girl, when you caress your dog, when you bathe in the sea.

Stop praising me, what kind of egomaniac God do you think I am?

I'm bored being praised. I'm tired of being thanked. Feeling grateful? Prove it by taking care of yourself, your health, your relationships, the world. Express your joy! That's the way to praise me.

Stop complicating things and repeating as a parakeet what you've been taught about me.

What do you need more miracles for? So many explanations?

The only thing for sure is that you are here, that you are alive, that this world is full of wonders.

- Spinoza
          Last edited by Solksjaer!; 17-04-21, 22:56.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
            I've no doubt you'll have loads of fun.

I just checked and the first time I saw them I had just come from seeing Arca at primavera and was waiting for The Black Madonna who was due on after them so my frame of mind may not have been in the right place. Second time they were defo shit though.

Under no circumstances would I tell you she's not hot.
            We can all agree on that.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post

Great tune. I've never heard of them before. The stage antics remind me of the Sultans of Ping.
              Gimme the ball and a yard of grass ..

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post

Another banger!

Comment

All this drink talk making me question my own habits.

Most older bucks I would know or be friends with have given it up pre pandemic. They reach 40+ and either totally give up the drink or limit to less than 10 times a year. Bodies aren't able for it any more.
                  Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Herself got what I thought was an utterly fucking insane quote for 35m^2 of floor but I actually realised I have almost zero idea of how much "floor" is.

This the shtuff she's after - or similar https://www.instagram.com/p/CMnNBDan...d=w1h67b38qjyi

Hey Emmet, would you mind saying how much the quote was for?
                    We are doing the same in the house and wife sent me the exact same picture!
                    Also need tiles for a downstairs bathroom.
                    Bought this house almost eight years ago now when we were last living in New York and have had to do nothing with it since but this damn lockdown has encouraged a load of work which includes new windows so the whole place is going to be torn apart.

Comment

Hi young man

can help out with flooring and all inside and outside items for the house
                      as laz said couple of options re herringbone
                      drop me a pm and I will give u a few flooring sites to look at and apply the IPB discount where available

Comment

Originally posted by Cuchulainn1 View Post

Bought this house almost eight years ago now when we were last living in New York and have had to do nothing with it since but this damn lockdown has encouraged a load of work which includes new windows so the whole place is going to be torn apart.
                        Drop me a message
                        just finished small job with dead parrot

tiles wood and sanitary ware can be got

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post

It is just a side thing (though if warranted my partner would work full time), basically an online retailer of vegan goods from small local and bigger businesses.
                          Have an audience base already that will buy from us due to social media presence, have experienced constant demand for this kinda thing and know products they'd want (that they can't get in general). Have a working relationship with a lot of businesses already as they approach us for PR work, so give it a whirl anyway! Would like to stock things from the UK too, so let's see how that goes...
                          Pm sent ... Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

Yep I can help you out with blinds and shutters.

Motorised blinds we do are incredible, if you're in the market for that. Can be fully automated, up with the sunrise down with sunset etc, voice controlled. Controlled via app from anywhere in the world.

I wholesale them so can save you a few bob.

Shoot me a pm when you're ready.
                            PM'ed
                            Originally posted by Cuchulainn1 View Post

PM'ed
                            Originally posted by balfejohn View Post

Hi young man

can help out with flooring and all inside and outside items for the house
                            as laz said couple of options re herringbone
                            drop me a pm and I will give u a few flooring sites to look at and apply the IPB discount where available
                            PM'ed

anyone else want a private message?

Have we a TV Man? Or a sofa Man?

Comment

PM'ed

PM'ed

PM'ed

anyone else want a private message?

Have we a TV Man? Or a sofa Man?
                              On this is the poker plumber still around and does he does Kildare

Comment

Love and Monsters is a very enjoyable fun film.
                                No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

A selection of shots from World Press Photo of the Year 2021

Comment

Raoul Duke III

You'll enjoy this selection of interviews with Le Carre that was compiled recently

I must re read A Perfect Spy I remember at the time that I loved it but I didn't realise then how autobiographical it was.
                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

...Formation of a European Super League confirmed... Gonna change football drastically, and not for the better imo...They'll give a spiel about increasing popularity etc, but coffers getting filled will be to the demise of several clubs

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post

On this is the poker plumber still around and does he does Kildare
                                        Can put you in touch with a plumber
                                        what part of Kildare you in sir

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                          ...Formation of a European Super League confirmed... Gonna change football drastically, and not for the better imo...They'll give a spiel about increasing popularity etc, but coffers getting filled will be to the demise of several clubs
                                          It might be the best thing to happen to football in years!
                                          It was fucked anyway, needs a shake, FIFA (and UEFA) needed a kick and all so if this is how they get it, no harm!
                                          https://open.spotify.com/episode/3af...QWupZGPNfH_QYA

Football was called the peoples ballet at one point, now it can be cheaper for 4 to go to the ballet in London than one to Arsenal,

20 clubs, 15 guaranteed a place, what happens if/when a couple of them are constantly in the bottom 5?
                                          It could be laughably dull within a couple of seasons

And fuck the clubs obviously!
                                          Last edited by Guest; 19-04-21, 01:55.

Comment

Look what happened the FA CUP. Traditionally it was a highlight until recent years with the stupid world trophy experiment diluted it somewhat. The cup suffered though.
                                            The premier league will suffer and this new super league will get boring very quickly The CL is entertaining post group stage. The Super L is just one big group stage. I can see traditionalists flocking back to the smaller games/clubs and snubbing this SL . One good thing about the English game is the history of the clubs . This is pissing over it.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post
                                              A selection of shots from World Press Photo of the Year 2021
                                              3905.jpg?width=1920&quality=85&auto=format&fit=max&s=693336f2d09f0a2ff62366ddd2e37784.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post

It might be the best thing to happen to football in years!
                                                It was fucked anyway, needs a shake, FIFA (and UEFA) needed a kick and all so if this is how they get it, no harm!
                                                https://open.spotify.com/episode/3af...QWupZGPNfH_QYA

Football was called the peoples ballet at one point, now it can be cheaper for 4 to go to the ballet in London than one to Arsenal,

20 clubs, 15 guaranteed a place, what happens if/when a couple of them are constantly in the bottom 5?
                                                It could be laughably dull within a couple of seasons

And fuck the clubs obviously!
                                                The absolute saturation of games is the problem. Unlike the NFL they don’t understand “what’s rare is wonderful”. It’s like having a World Cup every year.

Comment

Jose sacked . A week before the cup final.

Rumours it's was his SL pushback
                                                  Last edited by Solksjaer!; 19-04-21, 09:39.

Comment

I get the feeling the soccer powers that be consider the fans to be an inconvenience - with some honourable exceptions like Germany, where the clubs are owned by the fans and ticket prices are kept low. English soccer sold its soul many years ago and I don't know how any fan could keep going to games with the financial mugging that entails.

"We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Was around in someones house for lunch yesterday and jaysus their hands were shaking like mad. Either extreme alcohol withdrawal or parkinsons. Wasn't sure where to look. But no-ones hands should be shaking like that. yikes. I wonder if he's just spent his lockdown drinking himself into a stupor. Probably a better result than parkinsons anyway.
                                                      "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                        Was around in someones house for lunch yesterday and jaysus their hands were shaking like mad. Either extreme alcohol withdrawal or parkinsons. Wasn't sure where to look. But no-ones hands should be shaking like that. yikes. I wonder if he's just spent his lockdown drinking himself into a stupor. Probably a better result than parkinsons anyway.
                                                        Probably just intimidated by being in the presence of the world-leading NFT guru?

Comment

Ah here Hitch . There are many conditions that lead to the hand shakes . A guy I work with has it. Its hereditary for him. No drugs Parkinson's etc.

Comment

Maybe they hate breaking the law and you being at his gaf when it's against the law was terrifying?

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

Ah here Hitch . There are many conditions that lead to the hand shakes . A guy I work with has it. Its hereditary for him. No drugs Parkinson's etc.
                                                              ah no i know him well over the years, very well, never noticed anything before. So its a new thing anyway. I suspect there's no good reason why you need to physically steady your hand with your other hand in order to be able to grip something.

Comment

Maybe they hate breaking the law and you being at his gaf when it's against the law was terrifying?
                                                                you'll have to get used to the lawbreaking now you're back. Ireland is not an episode of The Bill.

Comment

I don't have access to Indo Premium to read the full story, but this is a generally fascinating story from what I've read of it before. Did anyone ever hear any rumours about it?

Comment

We're definitely at the top of the EU covid stats now. And seems like next week is the one where we move to the vaccination centre as being the main means of jabbage.

140k vaccinations last week, 170k this - should be easily doing 250-300k p/w by mid-May.

Comment

you'll have to get used to the lawbreaking now you're back. Ireland is not an episode of The Bill.
                                                                      Think this may have been coming a while... the constant need to say ex-po-nen-tial to a bloke who explains squiggly graphs for a living and all...

But anyway, congratulations on taking the throne off "All new and improved", mature(?) Dobby

Seriously 6Star... you're killing me here

Comment

Sorry Dobbs, I know how much you cherished holding that title, but with maturity we must leave behind the follies of youth and all that

Comment

Originally posted by balfejohn View Post

Can put you in touch with a plumber
                                                                          what part of Kildare you in sir
                                                                          In Maynooth - that would be great

Comment

Comment

LOL chavball

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                LOL chavball
                                                                                maybe someone could mock up ManU sitting on the dead carcass (is dead redundant there?) of the English Premier League.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post

In Maynooth - that would be great
                                                                                  Pm me your number and I will get him to contact u

Comment

Mortgage approval in principal through finally. Now to do the same thing in 6 months when we can't find anything we can afford

Comment

From a Spurs forum:

Spurs joining this super league is like Banana-man joining the Avengers.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                        We're definitely at the top of the EU covid stats now. And seems like next week is the one where we move to the vaccination centre as being the main means of jabbage.

140k vaccinations last week, 170k this - should be easily doing 250-300k p/w by mid-May.
                                                                                        200k = 5% of the eligible population. And we're moving towards only first doses now. So we probably have the next ten weeks or so where at least 5% of the population are being jabbed every week. It'll be over quick enough. The only scary thing is that summer is just about to start, and in my head it was only just Christmas.

Comment

Why weren't PSG asked to join, I'd have thought with their owners they'd be near the top of the list?

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                            Why weren't PSG asked to join, I'd have thought with their owners they'd be near the top of the list?
                                                                                            They and Bayern bailed. They are obviously happy monopolising their home leagues .

Comment

200k = 5% of the eligible population. And we're moving towards only first doses now. So we probably have the next ten weeks or so where at least 5% of the population are being jabbed every week. It'll be over quick enough. The only scary thing is that summer is just about to start, and in my head it was only just Christmas.
                                                                                              In my head it just been 1999 .

Comment

absolutely solks. Thats the bigger existential worry.

Comment

I enrolled in rouxbe:

Online cooking courses. Looks highly promising. Read quite a lot beforehand and it was quite consistent that rouxbe are a million miles ahead of everyone else.

Comment

I enrolled in rouxbe:

Online cooking courses. Looks highly promising. Read quite a lot beforehand and it was quite consistent that rouxbe are a million miles ahead of everyone else.
                                                                                                    Sounds like they are quite behind, it's not even all porn yet.

Comment

Not a Labour fan I guess

Comment

Sounds like they are quite behind, it's not even all porn yet.
                                                                                                        ha, yeah. They do they have the ability to do their entire course just in plant-based alternatives.

Comment

That's the first I've heard of Keir Starmer

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                            Something to do with DAZN having the Champions League rights in France whilst also having some involvement directly with PSG i heard.

Comment

It is just a side thing (though if warranted my partner would work full time), basically an online retailer of vegan goods from small local and bigger businesses.
                                                                                                              Have an audience base already that will buy from us due to social media presence, have experienced constant demand for this kinda thing and know products they'd want (that they can't get in general). Have a working relationship with a lot of businesses already as they approach us for PR work, so give it a whirl anyway! Would like to stock things from the UK too, so let's see how that goes...
                                                                                                              that's a whopper idea tbh
                                                                                                              There's a local place here that sells some vegan stuff and general 'artsy' food for a frankly ridiculous markup (harry's close to a tenner etc)
                                                                                                              that does a ton of business.
                                                                                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Degag View Post

Something to do with DAZN having the Champions League rights in France whilst also having some involvement directly with PSG i heard.
                                                                                                                Isn't PSG in bed with Uefa and Aleksander Ceferin?
                                                                                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Was around to the brother yesterday. Really struggling with clinical depression,which was diagnosed a couple of months ago. Struggling to sleep at all at night. Has started on antidepressants but hasn't settled into a drug or dose yet. He is doing a session a week with a psychiatrist. He is still managing to function at work. Hadn't been over much because of the lockdown but I got a bit of a shock at his behavior yesterday. My daughter 15 was with me and she commented on how he seemed well of form, coming away from the house, and her not having been told about his condition.

This time last year, he would be the last person in the world, one would bet on to become depressed.

Had a good chat with him today and he said he was really struggling. Exhausted tired all the time, confused, forgetful, and beset by negative black moods. Spoke of felling numb and bereft of any happiness.

Lives in a small chaotic house with the wife and five children. The eldest 22, is autistic and has been very troublesome during lockdown. His wife, pure saint, has admitted she is struggling to cope too.

I'm very worried about him. Wondering what I can do. Have offered to go walking with him in the evening during the week, but he wouldn't commit to that. Has anybody any experience with this or any suggestions? Fully prepared to drop everything, and take him away from it all for a few months, if necessary.

Something similar happened to my father. Sailed through life until he retired. 2 years later we noticed he was showing some classic sings of depression, but put 2 + 2 together a bit late. After 2 more years of struggling with depression, he killed himself.

Sorry to be bringing this here, but this I have found this place to be a good sounding board.
                                                                                                                  Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                                                                    Was around to the brother yesterday. Really struggling with clinical depression,which was diagnosed a couple of months ago. Struggling to sleep at all at night. Has started on antidepressants but hasn't settled into a drug or dose yet. He is doing a session a week with a psychiatrist. He is still managing to function at work. Hadn't been over much because of the lockdown but I got a bit of a shock at his behavior yesterday. My daughter 15 was with me and she commented on how he seemed well of form, coming away from the house, and her not having been told about his condition.
                                                                                                                    Sounds like they are doing the right things. One thing I remember from a similar family episode was to check up on them - are they are actually taking their drugs, are they actually keeping their appointments, are they accurately describing their symptoms if they are keeping appointments?

In our case she wasn't, and no-one ever found out until afterwards. Apparently this is quite common.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                                                                      I'm very worried about him. Wondering what I can do. Have offered to go walking with him in the evening during the week, but he wouldn't commit to that. Has anybody any experience with this or any suggestions? Fully prepared to drop everything, and take him away from it all for a few months, if necessary.
                                                                                                                      I'd suggest just calling around to him uninvited occasionally.

I know when I've been in the depths of depression every decade or so, the coming out of it was as random as the getting into it.

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

CC's idea about calling in randomly and unannounced sounds good. As is your idea about getting out for walks, do you think you could cajole him into that maybe?

You're a great brother btw.
                                                                                                                        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                                          CC's idea about calling in randomly and unannounced sounds good. As is your idea about getting out for walks, do you think you could cajole him into that maybe?

You're a great brother btw.
                                                                                                                          Yeah, I meant just calling around and trying to get him to go for a walk. I know the last time I was suicidal(which lasted for 3 months), the notion of planning to do something tomorrow, or next week, just wasn't a possibility.
                                                                                                                          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X