Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ooni arrives today, just the 155 days lead time.
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
      Prince Phillip browners
      Can't imagine lizzy staying on the throne much longer after this.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

Not the done thing old chap. Stiff upper lip, what what.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
          Prince Phillip browners
          Agonisingly shy of the century, UL but a fine knock all the same.

How are you and the kids feeling?

Comment

old silly phillys bloopers will soon be doing the rounds.

3 months from a telegram from the missus . 99 decent spin .

A great comedian gone too soon

i seem to remember his quip about there being eating dogs for anorexics to a wheelchair bound blind girl and her dog.

Comment

How come he's prince and not king?
              like the missus is the queen?
              ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Only noticed today that DAB radio in Ireland is gone. Quite the short lived waste of time/ investment. https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2021...e-dab-network/
                Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                  Only the direct line are 'real' Kings or Queens.
                  e.g., Charles will be King eventually but Camilla will probably just have some posh title - even if she was called Queen it would be a temporary title as she would lose it automatically on Charles death.
                  William & Kate might be interesting - the public love them so much that I think there'll be a demand that she be given Queen.

Comment

Why is Ann below Andrew but Charlotte is above Louis? Going to have to do up one for these succession lines for my estate.

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

He is with the real king now . Right Laz?

Comment

I'm guessing no sports events are in danger of being cancelled - football, Aintree etc?
                        The older posters might remember how out of control it got in 1997 for Diana with a week of random postponements.
                        Reaching a zenith with UEFA/FIFA being put under pressure to cancel WC qualifier games to show their respect.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

He is with the real king now . Right Laz?
                          Ben E. ?
                          ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Brutal start for Shane. Will be F-ing and blinding all day, and Justin will have to listen to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Agonisingly shy of the century, UL but a fine knock all the same.

How are you and the kids feeling?
                              We're all doing good, I'm well over the worst thankfully, and it seemed to bounce off the kids.

Wife has started to come down with some symptoms though, so waiting on an appointment for a second test for her.

Thanks for asking.
                              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Comment

FFS, everything cancelled on BBC1 and 2 for news about the dead lad.

Comment

Property market update. Just accepted an offer on an apartment I'm selling. I actually accepted a lower bid as it was a cash buyer.

Agent called back a short while later to say there'd been a late offer, 20 mins past the cutoff point for bids. Between the to-ing and fro-ing over the next couple of hours there were a couple of additional bids and I ended up settling for 10% higher than the original price I'd have ben perfectly happy with.

Nice to be on the right side of if for a change!

Comment

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                                      This gallery has 1 photos.
                                      Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                                        It's like Budget Day from years ago when it used be on RTE 1 & 2 with no cartoons.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                          I'm guessing no sports events are in danger of being cancelled - football, Aintree etc?
                                          The older posters might remember how out of control it got in 1997 for Diana with a week of random postponements.
                                          Reaching a zenith with UEFA/FIFA being put under pressure to cancel WC qualifier games to show their respect.
                                          WTF older members, '97 is a blink ago FFS, I assumed u were 55+

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                            Question for the gym peoples...is the stronglifts 5x5 one of the best like the internet tells me ?

Mainly to lose weight but wouldend mind some sexy shoulders...
                                            It's gone out of fashion. The Reddit fitness forum is very against it. The first few weeks are good but after that you're spending an excessive amount of time on squats. Think there's better programs these days.

I was reading this guy's book recently. He takes a topic, spends months researching it, and writes up his synopsis.
                                            I deconstruct how things work—like writing and storytelling—and share my learnings along the way.

Comment

"Protests" called off up North as a mark of respect

Comment

My golf picks copied from ye lads

Leishman, Harman, Speith, Champ, Garcia and Langer all EW

What could possibly go wrong......gulp

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post

"Protests" called off up North as a mark of respect
                                                  The Sinn Fein leadership consoling with QE2 when they would have gladly blown them to smithereens given half the chance not so long ago takes the biscuit for me.

Comment

The Sinn Fein leadership consoling with QE2 when they would have gladly blown them to smithereens given half the chance not so long ago takes the biscuit for me.
                                                    Progress no?

Comment

This is the new world we live in
                                                      blow smoke up their holes to make them feel wanted
                                                      live together grieve together
                                                      at least he didn’t get Covid

Comment

Progress no?
                                                        Ah, I just think it would have been better to say nothing.

Comment

I'm still pissed that the 1 hour of broadcast TV that I routinely watch, 'Gardeners World' was postponed.

Comment

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

What's the difference between Prince Philip and Rory McIlroy?
                                                              Prince Philip will be 6 under on Sunday

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

France added to the quarantine list. Albania and Israel taken off.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                  That's DPRK level batshit crazy.
                                                                  I wonder when the decision was made to react like this, was it always in the playbook or is it another symptom of the intense jingoism that has become de rigueur since they 'won' brexshit?
                                                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Some decent LOL's on that no context scouse twitter account

Comment

Ah, I just think it would have been better to say nothing.
                                                                      If they said nothing it would be used as a political football accusing them of being disrespectful. Definitely better off offering condolences regardless of how they actually feel for the optics of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

That's DPRK level batshit crazy.
                                                                        I wonder when the decision was made to react like this, was it always in the playbook or is it another symptom of the intense jingoism that has become de rigueur since they 'won' brexshit?
                                                                        I'd imagine that seeing they have obituaries written well in advance of people actually popping their clogs that it was likely to have been in the playbook.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak

there is ALWAYS more to these stories. I mean always. So there is being some element of the story being omitted somewhere. Happy to assist and give direction on what to do.

Was it a duplicate account, was it in his name, etc?
                                                                          Only seeing this now. Sent you a DM on Twitter. Thanks
                                                                          His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

I wonder what a 25-year-old is thinking when they see this chart. Take the vaccine for a definite 11 in a million chance of serious harm, or roll the dice on getting rona while waiting a year for the vaccine kinks to be worked out, and only have a 28 in a million chance of dying. So if you think you've only a one third shot of getting rona (and you view the possibility of the vaccine not working as roughly cancelling out serious side effects of getting the disease), you might say to yourself - you know what bud? I don't think I'll get vaccinated today.

A 55-year-old on the other hand, is loving their vaccine benefits. We're kind hoping young people don't do maths all that well here, or are willing to take slightly higher risk by taking a vaccine for the social good.

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Fucking Masterchef final cancelled because the aul codger died. FFS!

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                I wonder what a 25-year-old is thinking when they see this chart. Take the vaccine for a definite 11 in a million chance of serious harm, or roll the dice on getting rona while waiting a year for the vaccine kinks to be worked out, and only have a 28 in a million chance of dying.

It's not very clear, but I assume the 23/million stat includes the chance of getting the virus. I.e. it's just a sample of the entire population. The chance of dying due to being struck by lightning seems to confirm this assumption.

I find whenever people talk about anecdotal probability they never make it clear from what point they want to start.

edit: maybe not, that seems like too many kids
                                                                                Last edited by Hectorjelly; 09-04-21, 23:52.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post

It's not very clear, but I assume the 23/million stat includes the chance of getting the virus. I.e. it's just a sample of the entire population. The chance of dying due to being struck by lightning seems to confirm this assumption.

I find whenever people talk about anecdotal probability they never make it clear from what point they want to start.

edit: maybe not, that seems like too many kids
                                                                                  I don't know tbh. I was just really surprised it was so close. Bear in mind the population-wide chance of getting rona will drop significantly when most other age groups get vaccinated anyway, so if its 28 in a million with the past years rate of infection, it will be even less when transmission collapses.

Comment

Got reminded of this tune today. What a fantastic piece of work. Have it mentally associated with the likes of Stacys Mom etc, and Blink 182, and that type of tune.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post

Only the direct line are 'real' Kings or Queens.
                                                                                      e.g., Charles will be King eventually but Camilla will probably just have some posh title - even if she was called Queen it would be a temporary title as she would lose it automatically on Charles death.
                                                                                      William & Kate might be interesting - the public love them so much that I think there'll be a demand that she be given Queen.
                                                                                      Not quite.
                                                                                      That only applies to the title of King, but not Queen. The monarchy is the direct line, and the spouse of the Monarch is either a Prince consort if male, or Queen consort if female. I imagine due to a perceived hierarchy from King over Queen.

That’s is why Queen Elizabeth’s mother was also a Queen. And both King Georges had Queen wives.
                                                                                      In the same fashion, Kate will be Queen. Diana would have been. But Camilla won’t be though, out of respect for Diana (and because she’s a divorcee).

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post

Not quite.
                                                                                        That only applies to the title of King, but not Queen. The monarchy is the direct line, and the spouse of the Monarch is either a Prince consort if male, or Queen consort if female. I imagine due to a perceived hierarchy from King over Queen.

That’s is why Queen Elizabeth’s mother was also a Queen. And both King Georges had Queen wives.
                                                                                        In the same fashion, Kate will be Queen. Diana would have been. But Camilla won’t be though, out of respect for Diana (and because she’s a divorcee).
                                                                                        Wow, you Australians really are devout monarchists.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Wow, you Australians really are devout monarchists.
                                                                                          In fairness Mellor is famous for knowing obscure information on a wide variety of subjects that would normally only be useful in a pub quiz. My favourite ever was his knowing the name of the type of storage cabinet in Hitches office

Comment

IPB Masters Sweep 2021 Standings Update after Round 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                              I wonder what a 25-year-old is thinking when they see this chart. Take the vaccine for a definite 11 in a million chance of serious harm, or roll the dice on getting rona while waiting a year for the vaccine kinks to be worked out, and only have a 28 in a million chance of dying. So if you think you've only a one third shot of getting rona (and you view the possibility of the vaccine not working as roughly cancelling out serious side effects of getting the disease), you might say to yourself - you know what bud? I don't think I'll get vaccinated today.

A 55-year-old on the other hand, is loving their vaccine benefits. We're kind hoping young people don't do maths all that well here, or are willing to take slightly higher risk by taking a vaccine for the social good.

More than one vaccine tho - they can give them all the j and j one that’s due to go live soon instead.

pfizer/moderna are the most expensive but also the best so maybe keep that for the most likely to die.

anything more complicated than the above is seriously over thinking it imo.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post

More than one vaccine tho - they can give them all the j and j one that’s due to go live soon instead.

pfizer/moderna are the most expensive but also the best so maybe keep that for the most likely to die.

anything more complicated than the above is seriously over thinking it imo.
                                                                                                Doh. Still waking up.
                                                                                                Last edited by Wombatman; 10-04-21, 10:51.

Comment

23 in a million 25 year olds die of Covid???? Will you go away outa dat. That would equal around 115 dead in that cohort in Ireland.
                                                                                                  There are 5m 25 year olds in Ireland?

Comment

23 in a million 25 year olds die of Covid???? Will you go away outa dat. That would equal around 115 dead in that cohort in Ireland.
                                                                                                    Surely it would be about 1.5 of 25 year olds dying? Don't have exact numbers, but seems there are around 60,000 people of that age.

Comment

Conor Hogan Fundalk 2.15

Comment

Surely it would be about 1.5 of 25 year olds dying? Don't have exact numbers, but seems there are around 60,000 people of that age.
                                                                                                        It's not a fair statistic. The majority of those would have underlying conditions.

What's the statistic for healthy 25 year old's???? I'm sure O'Neill knows he is taking the piss and massaging the numbers. There have been 51 deaths in Ireland under the age of 45. Most of those would have had serious health issues already.

Comment

Did SP have a go of the new bypass yet?
                                                                                                          ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Did SP have a go of the new bypass yet?
                                                                                                            Haven't driven on it yet but I had the record for running it on strava ...for about 5 minutes, wouldn't be in the top 50 by now

Some nice new views of the town but for a pedestrian the view of the river from the two Liffey crossings are a bit disappointing because of the height and type of mesh they are using. The mesh looks almost tempting to climb on which doesn't seem right.
                                                                                                            It has an unusual configuration for a ring road like this in that there is no footpath for the first Km from Kerry Foods to Osberstown where the motorway junction is, I guess it is designed to discourage people from walking towards the Motorway. They are in the process of putting in an alternative pedestrian route that looks c. 1K longer but probably is actually a shortcut to where people actually live in Sallins
                                                                                                            Last edited by Strewelpeter; 10-04-21, 15:11.

Comment

I bloody love Rachael Blackmore. Didnt back the winner but so so happy for her. What a woman.

Comment

O'flaherty putting leinster up against it already!

Comment

O'flaherty putting leinster up against it already!
                                                                                                                  You just don't get this quality of old school BBV'ing much anymore.

Just the 34-8 scoreline to Leinster from time of posting.
                                                                                                                  Last edited by Raoul Duke III; 10-04-21, 18:36.

Comment

That was a class show from Leinster

Comment

First go off the Ooni tonight. My God, it makes all the difference compared to (regular) oven pizza. Feels like I will have to make a lot of pizzas to perfect my technique.

What do people do for tables? I just have it on an old garden table.

Comment

First beer in two weeks tonight and it tastes..... weird.
                                                                                                                        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Mine is on an old former kitchen table, whenever I get some time I'm going to build one like Ole's

The thing I want to refine now is the manufacturing process, my initial policy of allowing everyone to make their own isn't ideal. Where I am now is that I get them to put their toppings on a plate and I'll put the dough on the peel spread out the sauce and let them put on their own toppings.

LAst night I was making one for a small kid who 'only ' eats black pudding so his pizza was dough a bit of olive oil and thinly sliced black pudding, it was surprisingly good
                                                                                                                          Last edited by Strewelpeter; 10-04-21, 19:48.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X