This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dobby View Post

Nah, nothing recent or intense tbf. I just remember a tweet where you said something like 'just stay at home it's simple really' or something to that effect. I cant be arsed to go back through your tweets cos I dont actually care. But maybe a day or 2 later you were on getting a taxi to a park cos it was within your 5k.
    Yeah for me it was the one when he went to look at some rare cows in a field, and then mentioned the taxi drivers comments on the housing situation in Ballyogan. Think it would be safer to spend an hour with a prostitute, over 15 minutes in a taxi, but either way I would advise against broadcasting the choice on twitter.
    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

Yeah we've been let down badly by the lack of ability to drive!! So many things would be so much more pleasant.
      Just get bikes. Dublin is flat.
      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

Yeah for me it was the one when he went to look at some rare cows in a field.
        I suppose they're technically rare at that stage but it seems an unusual level of inspection of the food chain.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

I suppose they're technically rare at that stage but it seems an unusual level of inspection of the food chain.
          These were the ones https://www.irishtimes.com/news/envi...urbs-1.4104704

image.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie
            Win the IPB Aintree Tipping Comp and you could purchase yourself an entire medium-rare cow.

Just three days left for entries.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
              I'm dyin cause of you cunce
              Ah have faith: you'll go to a better place

Comment

Three year old also has it. Wife came back negative. Still waiting on results for the baby and six year old.

I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

“The first time I played The Masters, I was so nervous I drank a bottle of rum before I teed off. I shot the happiest 83 of my life”
                  Chi-Chi Rodriguez, 14-time Masters competitor

Play the IPB Masters Sweep 2021

Entry deadline Wednesday at 5PM.
                  Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Baby and six year old confirmed positive.

HSE sends a reminder text to you 30 mins after the first one.

'Hey, just a reminder, your baby has Covid'

Cheers, I'd forgotten that.

Comment

Have the kids even noticed or are they happily running around?

Comment

Dublin - riddled.
                        ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

We'll play Sempo in the Irish GN today.

Comment

Have the kids even noticed or are they happily running around?
                            Not a bother on any of them. You would never tell.

Can only imagine how many of them are running around school yards.

Comment

My dart is on Salsaretta. And a small reverse forecast on the 2 Kerry jockeys for fun.

Very envious of the weather there today when the last couple of times I was there for the Irish national we could hardly see the finishing line from the stand the fog was so bad.

Comment

Latest Exhibition wins with a clear round IMO. Court Maid as a saver
                                Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Top ten. Non runner
                                  Last edited by balfejohn; 05-04-21, 16:03.

Comment

We'll take the e/w part of the 20s. Bit disappointed the jock didn't fire him at the last three, why run in a race like that and then look to pop over them gently?

Comment

How much you have on that Elbows?

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                        Elbows notorious 80/1 Cheltenham winnah, Jeff Kidder, won again today at what looked a generous 5/1.

No doubt our man was all over it.

Comment

A good time to pimp the real GN Tipping Competition - starts Thursday so sign up today.

Comment

And there's the snow

Comment

brianmc; is this just micro-level bio diversity in action? There is a lot of bees out and about in the garden today. In the tree with the blossoms, they are smaller and look more honeybees whereas in the heather directly below, they are much bigger and look like bumble bees. Is this normal or have I happened upon a breakthrough discovery?
                                              Just your standard spring time biodiversity but I’m still going to ramble on about the fascinating details...

The bumblebees that you see now are mostly queen bumblebees, out of hibernation, setting about building a new nest/colony. They’re much bigger than the standard worker bumblebees you’ll see later once the nests expand and get well established.

If they are honeybees in the tree, they’re likely all on the tree and not on heather or anything else. The scout honeybees go out early in the day and return to the hive with samples of pollen or nectar from different sources. They share their finds and advertise them to the other workers by dancing. Through a pretty democratic process most of the workforce will end up working on the best source based on estimating the relative efforts and relative rewards.

We had a load of honeybees in our pear tree two or three days ago. No sign of them yesterday though - probably because of the field of oilseed rape that has started to bloom nearby offering better rewards.

Of course, there are plenty of hover flies and solitary bees and so on that get mistaken for honeybees too.

tl;dr sounds great. Enjoy the buzz.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                And there's the snow
                                                Sometimes it snows in April
                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Jimmy White v Stephen Hendry in the world quallies at the moment. Standard is dire so far but would make you feel good about your own game.

Comment

Not a bean. My Dad did back the winner as he liked the name
                                                    His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

Sometimes it snows in April
                                                      Do you lie?

Comment

I picked up between the lines from the Ruby RTE Interview that Rachel isn't in it for the long haul. Definitely not going to sacrifice riding over having kids much longer. I hope she gets the 10+ winners needed for the championship. When I seen Briony I thought this is the best but Rachel has eclipsed her.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                          Are we all criminals now father

Think it's only a hundred quid fine if you're stopped is it? Youd drop more on a Wednesday wine
                                                          Home this afternoon and not a sign of a Garda in the 3 and 1/2 hour trip.

There looked to be a checkpoint at Maynooth for cars heading west but nothing eastbound.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                            Home this afternoon and not a sign of a Garda in the 3 and 1/2 hour trip.

There looked to be a checkpoint at Maynooth for cars heading west but nothing eastbound.

It's some totalitarian police state we're living in alright

Comment

1% of Ireland's confirmed cases today occurred in my gaff.

That's mad.

Comment

Jesus, even for RTE, the 'news' today was pathetic. Special pleading by:
                                                                • teachers
                                                                • beauticians
                                                                • travel industry
                                                                GTFO the lot of you.

Comment

That's mad.
                                                                  What % are in the local creche ? GreenO

I'm gonna get it ain't I? I've been a good Christian 50% of the time.

Comment

That's mad.
                                                                    Are you typing all this whilst lying on your belly , typing one letter every 10 seconds or in splendid isolation in your jocks drinking craft beer ?

In other words . Update on the symptoms?

Comment

Are you typing all this whilst lying on your belly , typing one letter every 10 seconds or in splendid isolation in your jocks drinking craft beer ?

In other words . Update on the symptoms?
                                                                      It's very strange. The worst was Thurs when I got in touch with the doc in the first place. Was bedridden all day with fever.

Just felt lousy then Friday, like a bad hangover.

Saturday was similar but with weird bouts of intense tiredness and then snapping back into good shape again. Feeling perfectly fine and normal then bang, like a zombie, hardly able to hold my head up. Breathless. Would last about 30 mins then I'd be back perfectly fine again.

This repeated all day Sat. Went to bed at 9pm.

Sunday and today were like that but less intense up until about 6pm when I just suddenly felt 100% again for the rest of the evening.

Very weird.

Could smelll and taste ammonia all day Saturday. That seems to be gone now. Taste generally is affected but only slightly so. Smell seems fine.

Haven't touched any alcohol at all since it began, don't want to be giving the body any extra work.

​​​​​

Comment

A lot of vertigo too on Saturday.

Comment

Hope you're all back feeling 100% soon Laz!

Comment

Cheers man.

Comment

It's very strange. The worst was Thurs when I got in touch with the doc in the first place. Was bedridden all day with fever.

Saturday was similar but with weird bouts of intense tiredness and then snapping back into good shape again. Feeling perfectly fine and normal then bang, like a zombie, hardly able to hold my head up. Breathless. Would last about 30 mins then I'd be back perfectly fine again.

Sunday and today were like that but less intense up until about 6pm when I just suddenly felt 100% again for the rest of the evening.

Very weird.

Could smelll and taste ammonia all day Saturday. That seems to be gone now. Taste generally is affected but only slightly so. Smell seems fine.

Haven't touched any alcohol at all since it began, don't want to be giving the body any extra work.

​​​​​

Reminds me of the 90s after a durty drunken one night stand in coppers .

Comment

Very weird.

​​​​​

That breathless thing must have been awfully worrying. It seems like an awful slog, not least the not knowing what comes next.
                                                                                "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Hon Laz. Good to hear you are feeling a bit better.

Be on the watch, have heard of cases where you think you've rounded it and bang, the tiredness whacks you again.
                                                                                  My missus was like this, had a day of grandness and then just sleeping for a few days.
                                                                                  She also still has some issues with catching her breath, nearly 3 months later.

Now Im fairly sure she's just outta shape... but I will be nodding, agreeing and furiously blaming covid for the good of my own health.
                                                                                  This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                  All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                  The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

This is shaping up to be quite a ride. New HBO show - Made for Love. Actually it might even be a good idea to not watch too much of the trailer and just let the first show seep over you.

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Lazare

First week was up and down for me. 100 fever, no taste etc but not too bad. Second week was way tougher, fever upped breathlessness was worse, just stayed under the covers mostly.

Post Covid has not been good...tried a run a few weeks or so after it (I think it was a few weeks after, sense of time is fucked)...bad headache after and struggled with breathing all the way through...did a few walks..headache after. Just not right ...lungs definitely compromised and other weird stuff going on thats hard to describe.
                                                                                      Have been getting up in the mountains for excercise and beginning to feel some improvement. Dont feel confident running yet as dont want to pressure heart too much at this point.

I think long Covid will be viewed with scepticism though.
                                                                                      A lot of people just shrug the virus off and it doesnt bury itself deep into any weakness it can find in lungs, heart, brain, kidneys etc so they say "ah it wasnt even a flu" all proud that they beat it.

Take your time with it on the recovery side and manage your expectations, hopefully you will.shrig it off.

Comment

I know ~50 people that had it from 23rd December - Jan 5th including my parents, 3 siblings their partners, kids, in laws and a whole host of friends and families. Orwell, Greenhills, Kingswood were all wiped out. When her Dad got his results on the 23 rd we just isolated for Xmas and avoided it. Her Dad is old and overweight and was quite ill for a couple of weeks. Everyone else had similar illness to you Laz for a couple of days including how it started and has recovered fully.

You'll be grand.

Comment

The Strewelpeter Super Salami has landed. I foresee much sausage munching in my immediate future.

Comment

Cheers lads. Will admit to being anxious about any lingering effects that might affect my ability to run.

More concerned though about my wife developing symptoms over the next few days, and if that overlaps with me getting that second wave of sickness that people have experienced.

Will be difficult with three small kids.

Comment

Several gardai have been told to self-isolate tonight as it emerged that the now infamous ‘Dubai-two’ are caught up in a Covid-19 scare.

It is understood at least six gardai have been told to self-isolate at home after coming into close contact with a confirmed case of Covid-19.
                                                                                              Exclusive: It is understood at least six gardai have been told to self-isolate at home after coming into close contact with a confirmed case of Covid-19

This was pretty inevitable wasn't it.
                                                                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Cheers lads. Will admit to being anxious about any lingering effects that might affect my ability to run.

More concerned though about my wife developing symptoms over the next few days, and if that overlaps with me getting that second wave of sickness that people have experienced.

Will be difficult with three small kids.
                                                                                                I've no idea how you guys would manage with the 3 kids without the mrs getting it?
                                                                                                Is your splendid isolation turned into daddy day care? As that's the only way it would work I think?

Comment

Haha, no such thing as splendid isolation with three nippers in the house.

Masks on and stuck in as normal.

Had a little laugh when Emmet posted the other day about laptops and Netflix and novels. Can only dream of that.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

Exclusive: It is understood at least six gardai have been told to self-isolate at home after coming into close contact with a confirmed case of Covid-19

This was pretty inevitable wasn't it.
                                                                                                    This bit caught my eye

When they attempted to return to Ireland from Dubai on March 31st last, they were informed that she must pay €1,850 in order to quarantine at a hotel upon arrival in Dublin.

They were not able to pay that sum, and was told in Dubai that if they did not pre-book the hotel and pay, she would be denied passage to Dublin.

They were not allowed board flights to Dublin for two days. Following presentations from a public representative and the Irish consulate UAE after they agreed to make deferred payments for the hotel.
                                                                                                    I wonder who the Public representative was?

My money would be on them being from same party that want to close all borders except the land border while at the same time allow untested people to come in from variant hotpots on 'compassionate grounds'
                                                                                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Just to prove my ability to multi-pimp; the IPB Aintree Tipping Comp starts on Thursday. Ship now to avoid disappointment! Win this and you could purchase a bumper shipment of sp's super-salami!!

Comment

I have made my Masters pick, sticking of course to the tried and trusted stratagem of 'always back an American with a stupid name'. I remained faithful to Mr Scheffler, who is surely due.

Comment

Why not put RDIII's silly name theory to the test?

​​​​​Join the IPB Masters Sweep
                                                                                                          Where green jackets meet greenbacks.

Comment

RUGBY TYPES

SPOILER
                                                                                                            A Rugby Team...

- 1 Loose head Prop: Moderately tall fat lad, often aggressive when something obstructs way to bar, pie shop and occasionally a ruck. Does weights- no one knows why

2 Hooker: short fat lad with endless capacity for cheap booze and fascinated by women miles out of his league. Believes he has rugby nous and is an athlete

3 Tight head Prop: fat lad who believes he’s technically a good player with good hands. Everyone else thinks he just gets in the way. Does weights, no one notices

4 Lock: big hard lad who thinks he’s the enforcer. Police describe him as hooligan. Wears shorts and flip flops all year round, lives with his mum

5 Lock: Giraffe, looks funny when he runs. Long arms useful in bar, takes up too much space. Often very fit and yet last to arrive at breakdown

6 Blindside flanker: proper hard man, can disappear for 80 minutes but emerge holding someone’s scrotum. Never buys a round

7 Openside flanker: glory boy often with psychotic tendencies. Will spend a lot of time in A&E but when present can carry a team. Often unpopular or young. Or both

8 Number 8: big bastard; talks a good game and describes himself as a footballer. Often vain, sometimes scruffy, generally can’t hold their drink and have weird hobbies or jobs. Handy in a scuffle but best avoided socially.

9 scrum half. Gobby midget who can get himself into trouble marginally faster than he can run away from it. Nothing is his fault. Good drinker

10 fly half: there are two sorts, running or kicking. Generally they don’t know which one they are until it’s too late. Unusually nice hair and over confident in every situation until it’s too late.

11 left wing: lanky speed merchant. Can’t catch. Live in a world of their own and always forget one item of kit, often boots

12 inside centre: often the best player on the pitch as well as the fittest. Limited social skills and terrified of women until the beer kicks in

13 outside centre: does everything the 12 doesn’t. Socially active and often juggling multiple women. Has nice car, good job and demanding fitness regime as well as extensive debts and improbably large porn collection

14 right wing: the only reason he doesn’t score 10 tries in every game is because no one can pass. Often a big lad who really looks the part and yet never quite has the impact you hope for. Doesn’t drink

15 full back: 90% of them should be shot at dawn for cowardice. Last line of defence my arse. Secretly want to play at 10 and buys the skipper lots of pints. Too many hair products but useful source of spare socks and toiletries at away games.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

This bit caught my eye

I wonder who the Public representative was?

My money would be on them being from same party that want to close all borders except the land border while at the same time allow untested people to come in from variant hotpots on 'compassionate grounds'
                                                                                                              Christy Burke and Simon Coveney.

This extract from an interview with one of the womens fathers.

Independent councillor Christy Burke made contact with Foreign Affairs Minister Simon Coveney and between them they managed, after hours of work, to sort out a waiver form to get them onto a flight on Thursday night as both have children who are dependent on them.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                                                                Why not put RDIII's silly name theory to the test?

​​​​​Join the IPB Masters Sweep
                                                                                                                Where green jackets meet greenbacks.
                                                                                                                Never did understand how anyone can call a kid Tiger .

Comment

Haha, no such thing as splendid isolation with three nippers in the house.

Masks on and stuck in as normal.

Had a little laugh when Emmet posted the other day about laptops and Netflix and novels. Can only dream of that.
                                                                                                                  Do you think you got it from the kids ? Mine are in the same school/creche etc I'd love to know if I had it already though . Early last year I was ill for a few days and I'm rarely sick. The whole house had a bug of some kind .

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III

Call me old-fashioned but what happened to these dependent children while they were in Dubai getting their tits pumped with silicone?
                                                                                                                    They said one of their mothers took time off work to mind them, but that she had to go back to work.
                                                                                                                    Last edited by ComradeCollie; 06-04-21, 10:51.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

They said one of their mothers took time off work to mind them, but that she had to go back to work.
                                                                                                                      How convenient

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III

Call me old-fashioned but what happened to these dependent children while they were in Dubai getting their tits pumped with silicone?
                                                                                                                        Being reported now that they didnt even get their tits done. So it was just a holiday, as we all knew and they tried some shite excuses that have blown up on em.

One of their Mas took time off work to mind the little angles apparently. Yes I spelled that incorrectly on purpose.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X