This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dobby View Post

If you need shopping or anything done, I'm not working so can do it any time, drop the stuff at the door for you and leave, you have my number.

Any idea where you picked it up? I'm sure you'll be grand anyway and hopefully nothing more than a bad cold for you.
    Cheers man, that's very kind of you.
    Thanks everyone else too.

Have no idea really where I picked it up. Best guess is one of the kids silently bringing it home from school.

I had only one close contact to give the HSE. Needed a lift somewhere on Tue. We both wore masks with windows open. He's already gone to be tested and is isolating.

They were most concerned about the 48 hours prev to symptoms developing. They asked if I'd been to any shops in the 7 days previous.

Kinda knew going to bed last night tbh. Felt really strange, woozy. Vertigo type feeling. I had read that was a symptom. Was also discounting it as psychosomatic too. Felt nauseous also.

​​​​​​Feel mostly ok now. A little breathless going up the stairs. Had a pack of salt and vinegar Tayto and they tasted really strange. Took me ages to pinpoint what the real familiar taste and smell was.

They tasted like my Ventolin asthma inhaler I used as a kid. Found that quite odd.
    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Had seasonal asthma as a kid btw, came on alongside hay fever in years when the pollen counts were through the roof.

Haven't had it in 30 years.

Comment

You'll be grand, get the tablet/laptop set for netflix or get some of your to-be-read books into a box and get a week or two off the parenting.

Just stay away from others. Introverts dream to get the positive test.

Comment

That Wasps-Clermont game was great.

As ever, if Leinster don't win the HC, I want Clermont to do it.
          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Dont worry Conor , probably through the worst of it. Its fatties like me that are in danger. Sounded like you had it all right .
            New strain very contagious . Need me vaccine as it's a matter of time before ...

Comment

Xmas 2019 I was floored for 10 days with the worst flu I've ever had.

Covid now at Easter.

May have to rethink this god stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

Covid now at Easter.

Like Jaysis himself, you will rise on the third day.

Comment

Covid now at Easter.

It will stand to you if you don't have meat on Fridays. The good thing is the wife should have more appreciation for you coming out of this as she knows your not immortal. Might even be a bit more forthcoming i certain ways.

Hows the folks doing in retirement over in Spain btw, well I hope?.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post

It will stand to you if you don't have meat on Fridays. The good thing is the wife should have more appreciation for you coming out of this as she knows your not immortal. Might even be a bit more forthcoming i certain ways.

Hows the folks doing in retirement over in Spain btw, well I hope?.

They're doing ok Aidan, fair play for enquiring. They're actually home though, living with my sister in Carlow now.

Struggling a lot with the whole thing really. They haven't seen my kids in months.

Me poor oul fella was on the phone a couple of weeks ago very upset. Mentioned how tough it is on people like them who feel the clock is ticking.

Getting his first jab tomorrow though, so an end in sight somewhat.

Comment

Covid now at Easter.

You'll be grand. Kev always kept you in his prayers at mass on a Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                        You'll be grand. Kev always kept you in his prayers at mass on a Sunday.
                        I offered up some prayers to the protestant god on his behalf too.

Comment

Boob jobs, nobody to look after the kids Your Honour.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                            https://www.rte.ie/news/2021/0403/12...ts-quarantine/

He also said his clients, who had travelled to Dubai for breast enhancements, were not aware of the regulations before they travelled.
                            Ha. Always remember not being aware of a law being Kayroo's favourite defence argument. Not
                            Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                              https://www.rte.ie/news/2021/0403/12...ts-quarantine/

I think the term Tits up springs to mind
                              hopefully the kids will continue to look after each other even though they are away from the bosums of their mothers

Comment

Originally posted by balfejohn View Post

I think the term Tits up springs to mind
                                hopefully the kids will continue to look after each other even though they are away from the bosums of their mothers

Surely they'll now always be much closer to their mothers bosums?

Comment

I love the way Dickie Johnson went out on not a winner(finishing 3rd). Particularly not on a sappy Grade1 festival winner. fack that. Dickie went out better than any other jockey in recent times. You either just go out as Dickie did or you name your last day and dont be Hollywooding it up going out on a festival winner.

Comment

Saw some clips of Regina Dohertys performance on The Tonight Show. Not suprised with the shite she came out with. Surely someone in FG has to say, well maybe she shouldn't make TV appearances.
                                    Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Mustard View Post
                                      Saw some clips of Regina Dohertys performance on The Tonight Show. Not suprised with the shite she came out with. Surely someone in FG has to say, well maybe she shouldn't make TV appearances.

Comment

Got the text at 9am.

I have Covid.

Still processing it.
                                        How you feel better soon.
                                        Get in loads of fluids..it helps

Also thanks to all for the acknowledgements recently...youre not the worst bunch to be fair

Comment

She's not wrong, certainly waved a red flag at the wrap the green flag round me gobshites

There was some absolute moron Shinner Wheelie Bin on the radio yesterday and argued
                                          a/ that everyone coming into the country should do 14 days hotel quarantine
                                          b/ but we couldn't even consider closing the NI border
                                          c/ she wanted an exception made to let someone in from Dubai for a funeral on compassionate grounds

You couldn't make up that level of dumbfuckery
                                          Last edited by Strewelpeter; 03-04-21, 19:46.
                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

GL Conor, hopefully you'll be back pounding the roads in a few weeks
                                            ]

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                              She's not wrong, certainly waved a red flag at the wrap the green flag round me gobshites
                                              She was the deputy director of FGs Seanad abolition campaign. Shes never been right on anything..ever.

Comment

Saw a Swallow today feels like a few weeks earlier than I'd usually see them, if the weather forecast for Monday is correct he'll be turning around and heading south again.

Comment

Saw a Swallow today feels like a few weeks earlier than I'd usually see them, if the weather forecast for Monday is correct he'll be turning around and heading south again.
                                                  Weather is fucked. My little patch of grass needs cutting again, after 2 weeks since the last one. Roses pretty much didn't stop growing at all over winter. Wallflowers I grew from seed this time last year have already flowered.
                                                  Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Cheers man, that's very kind of you.
                                                    Thanks everyone else too.

Have no idea really where I picked it up. Best guess is one of the kids silently bringing it home from school.

I had only one close contact to give the HSE. Needed a lift somewhere on Tue. We both wore masks with windows open. He's already gone to be tested and is isolating.

They were most concerned about the 48 hours prev to symptoms developing. They asked if I'd been to any shops in the 7 days previous.

Kinda knew going to bed last night tbh. Felt really strange, woozy. Vertigo type feeling. I had read that was a symptom. Was also discounting it as psychosomatic too. Felt nauseous also.

​​​​​​Feel mostly ok now. A little breathless going up the stairs. Had a pack of salt and vinegar Tayto and they tasted really strange. Took me ages to pinpoint what the real familiar taste and smell was.

They tasted like my Ventolin asthma inhaler I used as a kid. Found that quite odd.
                                                    fuuuuuck. Thats just really unlucky. Like there seems absolutely zero you could have done to avoid it.
                                                    "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

So much of this anti-gov sleek social media stuff seems based on far better budgets than SF should have. They're literally buying themselves into government imo. The social media game is top top, but that costs money, and they are probably paying a fortune on it.

Comment

She was the deputy director of FGs Seanad abolition campaign. Shes never been right on anything..ever.
                                                        Except that that seanad should have been abolished.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

Except that that seanad should have been abolished.
                                                          Totally agree just highlighting the hypocrisy

Comment

Saw one today in the mountains. Was cutting through the heather and gorse and it flew out. Amazing when you stop for a few minutes and have a listen all the crittur sounds you hear.

Had a slightly nervous moment off Military road walking by 5 lads about 17ish old mucking around with a dirt bike with their boy racer type car nearby. One of them shadow boxing and attempting a roundhouse (poorly executed). Bit of a weird moment as no one saying anything. Me looking at them, them looking at me, me again lookin at them, then roundhouse guy says howya and I give a nod with a "lads" and they all go "howya doing"
                                                            Think roundhouse guy was admonished as heard one say something about being intimidating.

Anyway, survived, probably more danger in twisting an ankle in the cross country.

Comment

So much of this anti-gov sleek social media stuff seems based on far better budgets than SF should have. They're literally buying themselves into government imo. The social media game is top top, but that costs money, and they are probably paying a fortune on it.
                                                              Ah here . You can get a student to do up those so called sleek social media vids.

Comment

Totally agree just highlighting the hypocrisy
                                                                ha, i completely missed the point that she herself is a senator. oh yeah she is a fuckwit. Man there's such value in not having a tv and having no means of accessing all this type of stuff like politician interviews. I saw a tiktok with simon harris the other day and that was the first time I've ever heard him speak. I can only imagine what someone like alan kelly sounds like as he post-dates chucking the tv.

Comment

Was up hellfire today. What a place! Never seen it before. The hellfire club itself is properly eery and its pretty amazing that you can go in around it. The surroundings are really quite magical. Followed the trail through the hills then over to Carty's Castle, which turns out to be neither a castle nor belonging to a Carty, but an old abandoned hunting lodge, mainly torn down about a hundred years ago. Notable, for those of you who don't know, for its real name being named after the niece of the Earl of Ely - her name being Dolly, and then Mount appended for its mountain-based status, to give the name of the lodge as Dollymount. I was guessing that was the reason for the name Dollymount the area in Dublin, but google suggests now that thats named after a whole other house called Dollymount that existed in Dublin at the same time in the area now called Dollymount. The city seems to have been littered with buildings named after Dollys at a particular point in time.

Comment

Shinners spend feck all on anything ever, they just have some very motivated people with decent social media skills. Whether their politics and message are anathema to people is a separate thing, their strategy,effort and delivery are pretty impressive.
                                                                    There is an entire snake oil industry with social media and PR, big Venn diagram overlap with the "mental health grifters" someone nailed before. These fuckers are more of a root cause of mental health issues from what I can see.
                                                                    Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                    https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Sounds like we are going to end up with mandatory quarantine for everywhere except the UK.

Comment

Was up hellfire today. What a place! Never seen it before. The hellfire club itself is properly eery and its pretty amazing that you can go in around it. The surroundings are really quite magical. Followed the trail through the hills then over to Carty's Castle, which turns out to be neither a castle nor belonging to a Carty, but an old abandoned hunting lodge, mainly torn down about a hundred years ago. Notable, for those of you who don't know, for its real name being named after the niece of the Earl of Ely - her name being Dolly, and then Mount appended for its mountain-based status, to give the name of the lodge as Dollymount. I was guessing that was the reason for the name Dollymount the area in Dublin, but google suggests now that thats named after a whole other house called Dollymount that existed in Dublin at the same time in the area now called Dollymount. The city seems to have been littered with buildings named after Dollys at a particular point in time.
                                                                        Was up at Carthys myself yeaterday, you should have popped in for tea.

Comment

Wonder if Micheal will be in trouble with this latest gaffe.
                                                                          The fact it happened in December and was previously reported on doesn't seem to help him.
                                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Have they not admitted this week that some of their social media accounts are run by, ahem, "party supporters" in Serbia?

Must be cheaper than using local firms

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak

what is this?

Edit - boxing club? ah here.
                                                                              It's a seemingly small story being blown up but the optics of it are really bad imo.
                                                                              ​​​
                                                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak

what is this?

Edit - boxing club? ah here.
                                                                                As much as I think its a total non story and its being completely blown out of all proportion way bigger than it should be, he is the guy telling us exactly what we should and should not be doing during restrictions and he himself cannot stick to them. That's why it looks so bad.

Personally, I've stopped sticking to restrictions 100% for a few weeks now. I was in Glendalough for a hike on Paddys day and again yesterday. Alone. Made my lunch at home, drove there with no stop, hiked and drove straight home. And I dont see the harm I was doing. The fact I'm not allowed do that with current restrictions in place but I can be surrounded by people in a shop doesnt make any sense.

I can see why people are so fed up when stories like that boxing club come out.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                  Wonder if Micheal will be in trouble with this latest gaffe.
                                                                                  The fact it happened in December and was previously reported on doesn't seem to help him.
                                                                                  Isn't it mad that that's the story that's doing on rounds as the main story of the day on the day when Leo has had to leave his house, despite it being under armed guard, because of a threat to his life.

Comment

Have they not admitted this week that some of their social media accounts are run by, ahem, "party supporters" in Serbia?

Must be cheaper than using local firms
                                                                                    I'd imagine there's something in that that allows the real cost to be obscured.

Comment

As much as I think its a total non story and its being completely blown out of all proportion way bigger than it should be, he is the guy telling us exactly what we should and should not be doing during restrictions and he himself cannot stick to them. That's why it looks so bad.

Personally, I've stopped sticking to restrictions 100% for a few weeks now. I was in Glendalough for a hike on Paddys day and again yesterday. Alone. Made my lunch at home, drove there with no stop, hiked and drove straight home. And I dont see the harm I was doing. The fact I'm not allowed do that with current restrictions in place but I can be surrounded by people in a shop doesnt make any sense.

Got a visit from the Gardai to my home the day after Paddys Day about 'Pats Pub". Said they'd had a few complaints. Shebeen isn't actually at my house. Told them they could have a look around. Lads did so thoroughly. Said to them when leaving they'd be better off spending a bit of time up in Glendalough if they were looking to hand out a few fines. Should add shebeen is now decommissioned.

Comment

Got a visit from the Gardai to my home the day after Paddys Day about 'Pats Pub". Said they'd had a few complaints. Shebeen isn't actually at my house. Told them they could have a look around. Lads did so thoroughly. Said to them when leaving they'd be better off spending a bit of time up in Glendalough if they were looking to hand out a few fines. Should add shebeen is now decommissioned.
                                                                                        I actually got stopped at a checkpoint, the one on the N11 before the Bray exit and then just as I parked the car in Glendalough a Garda jeep pulled up.

Explained to both that I had my lunch and all, didnt stop and would be hiking alone and going home. Told them the toll it's taken on me mentally when before I was a generally positive person and I needed an outlet. Both of them wished me well and told me to mind myself.

Its about making decisions that are the best for you while staying safe.

Comment

Now that you mention the shebeen has been stopped, do you want to tell us about it?

What was the set up? Did you make much money? Where did you source the booze from? How much was a pint? Or anything else in general that was different from your normal pub.

Comment

Josie's Orders wins @ 100/1 in cork.

Comment

Win the IPB Aintree Tipping Comp and you can eat Easter eggs from endangered species.

Can also be used to defray US Masters losses. Clever, eh.

Comment

242 in hospital now with covid and vaccines accelerating. We're in the home stretch, Lazare aside.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                  We're in the home stretch, Lazare aside.
                                                                                                  I can't be the only one who relayed laz's mishap as a cautionary tale today with the tagline 'no matter how safe you are, you just never know'.

Comment

Mrs Lao Lao finally cracked this week.

On Wednesday, she said 'How would you fell about going west for the long weekend?' which was met with a strange look from me but no comment.

On Thursday, she mentioned it again and I said I wasn't sure if it was a great idea as we'd have a three and a half hour drive to get through with God only knows how many checkpoints.

On Friday morning, she announced she was going regardless if I was or not.

So, I got home from work Friday at about 7, had a quick bite to eat, packed a bag and we were on the road at 8pm. We weren't stopped at one single checkpoint. Roads were very quiet and we made it down in record time of 3 hours and 12 minutes, having not stopped once en route.

Yesterday, we headed out for a walk of about 6km and met one person, a guy from Cellbridge who has a holiday home down here who has been here with his wife since before Christmas. He was doing a bit of work outside his house and was chomping at the bit to talk to us.

Today, we did a walk of just over 7km, over the headland, Gorteen beach, Dogs Bay, over another headland to a small cove for a quick swim and back again and we came in contact with nobody.

I was very weary of coming down but I'm delighted we did. The break, albeit only for a couple of days, was badly needed.

That said, we still have to get home tomorrow so will probably be stopped/fined but it'll still be worth it.

Comment

Now that you mention the shebeen has been stopped, do you want to tell us about it?

What was the set up? Did you make much money? Where did you source the booze from? How much was a pint? Or anything else in general that was different from your normal pub.
                                                                                                      Can't disclose location but it was in a converted horse stable in deepest darkest Wicklow, 6km off a "main road", needed a code to open the gates into the property.

Not much difference from a pub to be honest.2 taps, Guinness and coors for the girls, 2 optics.. gin or whiskey, small fridge for bottles, cans and mixers, 2 large couches with tables and small standard bar L shaped bar that could fit 4 high stools at it.small pool table, dartboard and tv with sky, even had a poker table but was seldom used. fitted 12 people comfortably.

Wasn't setup to make money, no till. 3 pints for a tenner. Also an honour system so money was put in a jar at the door on your way out. I used to work in bars and hotels in my youth so had plenty of contacts to source kegs. I had all the equipment as I also used to setup bars for events.

Honestly just got too busy with people looking to come, even on a school night, was initially only setup for friends and close friends, but just took off, had to employ a barman at one stage. I'm still WFH full time and have a little lad under 1. Also a friend who really should have know better, brought 2 undesirables from SP's neck of the woods without pre clearance. Knew they were bad news straight away. Didn't make a big deal at the time and let them drink away.

Removed everything the following day. Had to cancel Cheltenham pints...some very disappointed people. Break in the following week, few quid to fix the gates unfortunately, then a visit from the Gardai.

Comment

Are we all criminals now father

Think it's only a hundred quid fine if you're stopped is it? Youd drop more on a Wednesday wine

Comment

Mrs Lao Lao finally cracked this week.

On Wednesday, she said 'How would you fell about going west for the long weekend?' which was met with a strange look from me but no comment.

On Thursday, she mentioned it again and I said I wasn't sure if it was a great idea as we'd have a three and a half hour drive to get through with God only knows how many checkpoints.

On Friday morning, she announced she was going regardless if I was or not.

So, I got home from work Friday at about 7, had a quick bite to eat, packed a bag and we were on the road at 8pm. We weren't stopped at one single checkpoint. Roads were very quiet and we made it down in record time of 3 hours and 12 minutes, having not stopped once en route.

Yesterday, we headed out for a walk of about 6km and met one person, a guy from Cellbridge who has a holiday home down here who has been here with his wife since before Christmas. He was doing a bit of work outside his house and was chomping at the bit to talk to us.

Today, we did a walk of just over 7km, over the headland, Gorteen beach, Dogs Bay, over another headland to a small cove for a quick swim and back again and we came in contact with nobody.

I was very weary of coming down but I'm delighted we did. The break, albeit only for a couple of days, was badly needed.

That said, we still have to get home tomorrow so will probably be stopped/fined but it'll still be worth it.
                                                                                                          HeLao Helao Helao, wots goin on ere then ?

Comment

BBV pretty hypocritical. Including me. I crept outside the 5k limit today. If everyone did it , the 6k zone be a death trap.

Comment

I've been coming up with excuses for why the eldest kid can't go on playdates, as that was specifically warned against, but we're wandering a small bit further. Our issue is the reliance on buses or taxis, so its not fair on other people, while ye guys have cars to keep you safe and isolated.

Comment

I'm dyin cause of you cunce

Comment

I've been coming up with excuses for why the eldest kid can't go on playdates, as that was specifically warned against, but we're wandering a small bit further. Our issue is the reliance on buses or taxis, so its not fair on other people, while ye guys have cars to keep you safe and isolated.
                                                                                                                  I must admit I did have a laugh at your stay at home shtick on Twitter and then a few tweets later you're in a taxi to a park.

I don't think there are too many left who are 100% sticking to rules and regulations. From someone like solskjaer stopping just outside his 5k, to me going for a hike alone in glendalough to the more extreme example of Pat operating a shebeen.

It's been a long slog at this stage.

Comment

I must admit I did have a laugh at your stay at home shtick on Twitter and then a few tweets later you're in a taxi to a park.
                                                                                                                    I don't have a 'stay at home' shtick on twitter! I don't think so anyway. Don't think they should be opening pubs etc, but thats just to increase the number of business opportunities for pat mustard.

Comment

I don't have a 'stay at home' shtick on twitter! I don't think so anyway. Don't think they should be opening pubs etc, but thats just to increase the number of business opportunities for pat mustard.
                                                                                                                      Nah, nothing recent or intense tbf. I just remember a tweet where you said something like 'just stay at home it's simple really' or something to that effect. I cant be arsed to go back through your tweets cos I dont actually care. But maybe a day or 2 later you were on getting a taxi to a park cos it was within your 5k.

Nothing major obvs, just gave me a laugh about how people justify their own little things to themselves.

Hopefully we can all get an opportunity to visit Pats pub when things open up again. Support local.

Comment

Nah, nothing recent or intense tbf. I just remember a tweet where you said something like 'just stay at home it's simple really' or something to that effect. I cant be arsed to go back through your tweets cos I dont actually care. But maybe a day or 2 later you were on getting a taxi to a park cos it was within your 5k.

Nothing major obvs, just gave me a laugh about how people justify their own little things to themselves.

Hopefully we can all get an opportunity to visit Pats pub when things open up again. Support local.
                                                                                                                        Yeah we've been let down badly by the lack of ability to drive!! So many things would be so much more pleasant.

Comment

Yeah we've been let down badly by the lack of ability to drive!! So many things would be so much more pleasant.
                                                                                                                          Are you waiting on a theory test or lessons? I know luckforsome is waiting on his theory test that has been cancelled twice already.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X