Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

one of my cousins first ever Facebook status was "OmG! Just saw Van Morrisons wrinkly ball sack as he got out of the hot tub in Lough Erne Resort"
    Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
    https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Mujid 5.20 Chelmsford

Comment

Originally posted by balfejohn View Post
        Mujid 5.20 Chelmsford
        Win the IPB Aintree Tipping Comp and you'll be able to punt these balfejohn good things like there's no tomorrow
        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

No messing around with the SIL sp! Gear en route

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
            It's a magical instrument
            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Waiting on a call for a Rona test.

In bed most of the day with fever, aches and chills. Massive headache too.

None of the classic symptoms but no harm to rule the Rona out.
              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

I woke up yesterday with a wicked sore throat, cough, blocked nose and massive pressure behind eyes.
                I'm guessing its from digging around in my new attic for forgotten loot but not ruling out I've managed to get rona after a year in a bubble just before we all get the vaccine.
                I've had something go my way recently, I'm bound to have to pay for it.
                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

When you say none of the classic symptoms, you mean you have ACTUAL classic symptoms. Ah here I'm confused

Comment

Probably that coleslaw, though worth getting tested anyway.
                    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

When you say none of the classic symptoms, you mean you have ACTUAL classic symptoms. Ah here I'm confused
                      None of that dry cough throaty stuff.

Comment

GL Laz, you will be grand either way.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Sheen View Post
                          The US crushing the vaccines, a mate had to go to the States for a few months, landed maybe two days ago and already has his first dose. Early thirties, no pre existing conditions, just made a booking and turned up, no residency barely a question asked. In and out in a few minutes. Gets the second jab in three weeks.
                          Lots of stories of vaccine tourism round these parts.

Whatever about ol Joe being slow, or the fact that this success is the sum of so many parts he has no hand in, they CRUSHED the goal.

Heads up though Charlie, lots of pharmacies round the city doing "waitlists" so you will get a call if some old dear cancels, and so the dose doesn't get wasted.

I've not availed, rather told as many parents of friends as possible but if you need it and are high risk but not up yet by the letter of the guidelines, you can prob get in somewhere.
                          This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                          All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Under 40 niece no underlying condition living in New York got vaccinated yesterday.

I'm feeling very much like DP about having dodged it so long and with the real risk of bringing it to my father I'm almost expecting to get caught y it between now and getting the jab.

So many thick cunce pretending they know better than everyone else and encouraging the selfish cunce to spread it about, losing what little patience I've had for them.
                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                              Under 40 niece no underlying condition living in New York got it yesterday.

I'm feeling very much like DP about having dodged it so long and with the real risk of bringing it to my father I'm almost expecting to get caught y it between now and getting the jab.

So many thick cunce pretending they know better than everyone else and encouraging the selfish cunce to spread it about, losing what little patience I've had for them.
                              You’re talking about the Dublin men’s GAA team here right? Nuts the amount of cringe fools trying to make excuses for them.

this story that’s getting traction about immigrant doctors not being able to access career development opportunities in HSE is a weird one- there’s a lot of dancing around the obvious- that a certain class in Ireland like their immigrants to stay in McDonald’s and Starbucks not bumping their slightly dim sons and daughters off the ladder

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

I woke up yesterday with a wicked sore throat, cough, blocked nose and massive pressure behind eyes.
                                I'm guessing its from digging around in my new attic for forgotten loot but not ruling out I've managed to get rona after a year in a bubble just before we all get the vaccine.
                                I've had something go my way recently, I'm bound to have to pay for it.
                                My money would be 100% on attic rooting around. Dusty attic + rockwool plays hell with the sinuses. You have all the symptoms of sinusitis. If only you had a mask handy
                                Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post

My money would be 100% on attic rooting around. Dusty attic + rockwool plays hell with the sinuses. You have all the symptoms of sinusitis. If only you had a mask handy
                                  Snip.wrong post

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post

You’re talking about the Dublin men’s GAA team here right? Nuts the amount of cringe fools trying to make excuses for them.
                                    Not just them local hurling team were training last week and one of the adults a lad I know to be a full time prick was blatantly organising it.

this story that’s getting traction about immigrant doctors not being able to access career development opportunities in HSE is a weird one- there’s a lot of dancing around the obvious- that a certain class in Ireland like their immigrants to stay in McDonald’s and Starbucks not bumping their slightly dim sons and daughters off the ladder
                                    That's a shocking story, seems to be explicitly built in to the system.
                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Hannibal (2001) clip with quote Let's say it with the respect it deserves. Yarn is the best search for video clips by quote. Find the exact moment in a TV show, movie, or music video you want to share. Easily move forward or backward to get to the perfect clip.

Comment

Not that anyone wears actual grown up shoes anymore but...
                                        Discover our Winter Sale on oliversweeney.com. Men's Shoes, Men's Boots, Clothing and Accessories. Free UK Delivery on Orders over £100.

with this sale if you use the code SPCL21 it's buy 1 get 1 free on the reduced lines

Comment

We (all 4 of us as kids are in school) get tested every couple of days. You just rock up to a test centre and pick up test kits (7 in a box) which gives you results in 30 minutes. Very easy, no paperwork, and you just log your result on the NHS website. Very efficient.

Comment

For anyone that can handle more 'rona coverage, the docco just started on BBC2 looks good so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post

Lots of stories of vaccine tourism round these parts.

Whatever about ol Joe being slow, or the fact that this success is the sum of so many parts he has no hand in, they CRUSHED the goal.

Heads up though Charlie, lots of pharmacies round the city doing "waitlists" so you will get a call if some old dear cancels, and so the dose doesn't get wasted.

I've not availed, rather told as many parents of friends as possible but if you need it and are high risk but not up yet by the letter of the guidelines, you can prob get in somewhere.
                                              Yeah I know of one person whose parent nipped off to Phoenix. I'd assume there have been thousands from Alberta living across the border like they usually do in the winter and it's likely increased recently with the availability of the vaccine down there.

And despite my attempts of running this body into the ground and my family history I am deemed perfectly healthy by the Canadian health care system but will let friends who have elderly parents know.

Comment

filedata/fetch?id=1691318&d=1617309752&type=thumb

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                                                This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

We (all 4 of us as kids are in school) get tested every couple of days. You just rock up to a test centre and pick up test kits (7 in a box) which gives you results in 30 minutes. Very easy, no paperwork, and you just log your result on the NHS website. Very efficient.
                                                  Some difference to the experience here.

I'm still waiting on the text. Wife called the doc for a referral at about 10am. The receptionist incorrectly told her she didn't need one, just to rock up. Wife politely argued that she didn't think that was the case and the receptionist, unsure then herself asked her to Google it.

I called back at about 5pm to enquire as to whether the referral was made and they didn't know and couldn't check.

'the GP was very busy today, maybe she' ll get to it after her shift'

No idea now whether the referral was made.

Thankfully I'm not anxious about it but so many people would be.

Last edited by Lazare; 01-04-21, 21:02.

Comment

There are some new walk in testing centres here. Though you have to be within 5km of them, and not have symptoms to use them. https://www2.hse.ie/conditions/coron...t-centres.html

When I wanted one, the GPs receptionist made the appointment, and was getting the pcr test 3.5 hours later. Wouldn't be too jealous of Shrap's lateral flow tests, which give more false negatives than film left in the sun

Comment

I'm still waiting on the text. Wife called the doc for a referral at about 10am. The receptionist incorrectly told her she didn't need one, just to rock up. Wife politely argued that she didn't think that was the case and the receptionist, unsure then herself asked her to Google it.

I called back at about 5pm to enquire as to whether the referral was made and they didn't know and couldn't check.

Big walk in test centre Naas racecourse this weekend afaik if ya dont get sorted by then.
                                                      All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                      The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Are the pubs open today for good Friday?

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                                                          Are the pubs open today for good Friday?
                                                          We opened them in 2020 on good Fridsy and God got angry and closed them for a year after that.

Comment

So the Finns get a great kick out of Iceland at Easter time as the word for Easter in Icelandic means shit in Finnish. Shit eggs , shit egg hunts , shit Sunday etc etc.

Comment

Got the appt in Citywest for 12.40

Comment

Got the appt in Citywest for 12.40
                                                                Stuck a tenner on it.

Good luck . It's fairly efficient according to da missus

Comment

You'll be back for King of Kings on BBC2 at 2pm then. Only biblical epic I can see on the main channels, shower of heathens. Used to be wall to wall Cecil B DeMille type films.
                                                                  Ben Hur on TCM at lunchtime as well, which sort of counts.

Comment

First Alpe de Howth Head ascent completed. Wasn't as bad as I expected although the north wind up my arse on the way back may have saved me.

Comment

I suspect that a huge amount of the negative perception of how bad the HSE is (it isn't) is because of how woeful GPs tend to be, and they in turn blame the HSE for their incompetence.
                                                                      "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Leinster game against the Toulon cheese-eating surrender monkeys is off.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

I suspect that a huge amount of the negative perception of how bad the HSE is (it isn't) is because of how woeful GPs tend to be, and they in turn blame the HSE for their incompetence.
                                                                          Very good point.

The setup in Citywest was a masterclass in efficiency and service.

Every single member of staff was super friendly too. The two guys doing the actual swab were great at lightening the mood and making me feel comfortable.

Won't lie about being a tad nervous, got the impression they knew that and had the skills to assuage it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                                            Here's my second release! A short little ditty named after a fantastic gay bar in Mexico City. https://open.spotify.com/track/0bOeG...e22c5b2ece4633
                                                                            That is very nice. Keep up the good work.
                                                                            "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

Heard a rumour that Luke Ivory and Parkinson are going to re-open the Aquarium top floor with the demise of The Fitz & Jackpot, not sure how true.
                                                                              Any confirmation of this?
                                                                              Would love a regular €2/€5 or €5/€10 game in town and surely with the Fitz gone there's a gap for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                Leinster game against the Toulon cheese-eating surrender monkeys is off.
                                                                                Two weeks in a row Leinster’s opponents haven’t shown up

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post

Yeah. Another exquisite little track Daragh. Lovely.

Comment

Finding a good GP is a bit like finding a good mechanic. A lot of trial and error, and by the time you find a good one, a lot of avoidable damage has already been done.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post

Originally posted by BennyHiFi
                                                                                      Yeah. Another exquisite little track Daragh. Lovely.
                                                                                      Thanks guys! That is very kind and encouraging. There are two more tracks to be released from this EP. I'm actually working on the 2nd ep now, which I'm very excited about. I found a really cool bass player, so I'm going to jack up the BPM and really let loose

Comment

Originally posted by thechamp87 View Post

Would love a regular €2/€5 or €5/€10 game in town and surely with the Fitz gone there's a gap for it.
                                                                                        It will be interesting to see what happens post covid, there's definitely an opening for a poker club in the city centre. It would be great to see someone ambitious launch something.

Comment

I've found that the GPs are typically good but the people running their surgeries are useless.

Is there any other profession where it's par for the course that you make an appointment for X o'clock and are then kept sitting there for an hour? With never a hint of an apology.

Comment

I've found that the GPs are typically good but the people running their surgeries are useless.

Is there any other profession where it's par for the course that you make an appointment for X o'clock and are then kept sitting there for an hour? With never a hint of an apology.
                                                                                            Yep, meant to come on and say the GP in this case is excellent. Front of house not so much.

Comment

Since Covid, I've had two video sessions with GP's. A far better experience.

Comment

Yep, meant to come on and say the GP in this case is excellent. Front of house not so much.
                                                                                                Strangely enough, the receptionist at my GP is brilliant. I've never experienced such competence from any other service provider anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by thechamp87 View Post

Can only tell you it seems to be a pretty solid rumour. Personally would love it to be back in there as much nicer than any competition as a venue (car partking aside but plenty around if you're prepared to pay a tenner while punting 4 figures )

Comment

Leona Maguire doing well in the ANA LPGA major champ today. Tied for lead. She looks solid.

Comment

Well a magical moment at home . The birth of a chick.in my hands .

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                                                        Leona Maguire doing well in the ANA LPGA major champ today. Tied for lead. She looks solid.
                                                                                                        BBV curse as strong as ever.
                                                                                                        Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Test results yet Lazare?
                                                                                                          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Ex-19QzWgAsDNP5?format=jpg&name=medium.jpg

Comment

I had to get bloods done during the week, routine stuff as thankfully hadn't needed to go to a GP in a few years. Appointment booked for 8:45am. Nurse does all the bloods so I turned up on time, checked in at reception and asked to sit down.

There was never more than 3 people in the reception at any one time but every person that came in got called in by the nurse before me. After 35 minutes, I was getting fed up but didn't want to be a dick as know they are under pressure with restrictions etc so very politely asked if I was due to be seen soon. They had completely forgot that I was there. I was sitting right in front of the reception desk where you couldn't not see me. Apparently, she clicked the button on the computer but it didn't work. Just so meh about it.

The receptionists in general are like guard dogs that you have to get past to get to a doctor, they completely run the show.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                                                Test results yet Lazare?
                                                                                                                Got the text at 9am.

I have Covid.

Still processing it.

Comment

Got the text at 9am.

I have Covid.

Still processing it.
                                                                                                                  Jasus...stay safe dude.

Be interesting to see are they going back 7 days to contact trace.
                                                                                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Got the text at 9am.

I have Covid.

Still processing it.
                                                                                                                    This is where all that running pays off, you will be grand.

Comment

brianmc; is this just micro-level bio diversity in action? There is a lot of bees out and about in the garden today. In the tree with the blossoms, they are smaller and look more honeybees whereas in the heather directly below, they are much bigger and look like bumble bees. Is this normal or have I happened upon a breakthrough discovery?

20210403_111940a.jpg

Comment

Got the text at 9am.

I have Covid.

Still processing it.
                                                                                                                        you'll be grand bud. You spent the year preparing your body for this.

Comment

Got the text at 9am.

I have Covid.

Still processing it.
                                                                                                                          If you need shopping or anything done, I'm not working so can do it any time, drop the stuff at the door for you and leave, you have my number.

Any idea where you picked it up? I'm sure you'll be grand anyway and hopefully nothing more than a bad cold for you.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X