This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

Even Greystones is on the agenda now with the 20km. It's all up for grabs!
    Is it not within your own county or did I misread that part. Not that it bothers me as I think it’s a load of bollox in relation to outdoor activities anyway.
    His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
      Is it not within your own county or did I misread that part. Not that it bothers me as I think it’s a load of bollox in relation to outdoor activities anyway.
      Nah, 20km is allowed even if it goes into another county. Of more concern to the HH clann is their reliance on public transport. He might want to print up an appointment with Bray dentists if he doesn't want to get fucked out of the dart/bus/taxi by the rozzers.
      Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Month One of 'operation get slightly fitter' complete.
        This started on 28-Feb when I weighed myself for the first time in a few months. 13 stone 3, WTF? I laughed heartily at Mrs D3 for buying such an obviously malfunctioning device as I have been 12st 7" continuously for about 25 years but, a heated conversation later, I was persuaded that the scales were in fact not rigged. So have been going on a cycle early every morning for all of March - managed to do all 31 days (and only get wet once), usually go out as far as Sutton on the coastal cycle path and come back, about 12km round trip, doing it as fast as I can such that I arrive back in a muck sweat and ready for the breakfast.
        Then a few basic core strength exercises - planks, crunches and press ups. Started out being able to do a pathetic 7 press ups but now up to a record of 16.

Ambition for April:
        1. Continue with the daily cycles but throw in a few ascents of the Alpe de Howth Head for variety and to see if I die in the attempt.
        2. If the drill instructor from Full Metal Jacket appears to me and starts roaring that 'I didn't know they stacked shit this high' and telling me to drop and give him twenty, that I'd be able to do it.
        We'll tackle the healthy diet stuff at a later date. Baby steps.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQT0JcTlpHd8F1LyqzjQ7-6u9qXqH4MtWcO1g&usqp=CAU.jpg
        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
          Ha. I hit a nice round 20 stone at christmas. Was tempted to go for the full morbidly obese, in the hope of getting vaccinated early, but thankfully sobered up. Have lost a pound every 8 days or so since, mostly by cutting out the big breakfast and having a more normally sized dinner.

Comment

Good LOL at the pisspoor Gavin Jennings getting torn a new one by Pascal on the radio this morning when he started making snide comments about FG's record on children's shoes.

Pascal sent him off with his tail between his legs, he's some performer in the media
            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

I started a month fitness in January. To undo 2020.
              Started it again in February.
              Didn’t even both lying to myself in March.

Telling myself now I’ll knuckle down after Easter.

Comment

Pardon the pun but do IPBers have the stomach for an investment syndicate x amount per person . Say a monkey each and see what madness can come from it over say a 6 months/12 month

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                  Pardon the pun but do IPBers have the stomach for an investment syndicate x amount per person . Say a monkey each and see what madness can come from it over say a 6 months/12 month
                  IPB pension fund, it’s only a matter of time

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                    I started a month fitness in January. To undo 2020.
                    Started it again in February.
                    Didn’t even both lying to myself in March.

Telling myself now I’ll knuckle down after Easter.
                    Win the IPB Aintree Tipping Comp next week and you can hire a personal trainer to beat you into shape.

personal-training.gif

Comment

Win the IPB Aintree Tipping Comp next week and you can hire a personal trainer to beat you into shape.

personal-training.gif
                      It’s the only time you’ll see me giving away money outside of the poker table. I also promise I won’t have an 80/1 winner the first day.
                      His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Israel seems to be the first country to have gone past the '100 doses administered per 100 people' marker

Flying it, so they are.

Comment

This started on 28-Feb when I weighed myself for the first time in a few months. 13 stone 3, WTF? I laughed heartily at Mrs D3 for buying such an obviously malfunctioning device as I have been 12st 7" continuously for about 25 years but, a heated conversation later, I was persuaded that the scales were in fact not rigged. So have been going on a cycle early every morning for all of March - managed to do all 31 days (and only get wet once), usually go out as far as Sutton on the coastal cycle path and come back, about 12km round trip, doing it as fast as I can such that I arrive back in a muck sweat and ready for the breakfast.
                          Then a few basic core strength exercises - planks, crunches and press ups. Started out being able to do a pathetic 7 press ups but now up to a record of 16.

Ambition for April:
                          1. Continue with the daily cycles but throw in a few ascents of the Alpe de Howth Head for variety and to see if I die in the attempt.
                          2. If the drill instructor from Full Metal Jacket appears to me and starts roaring that 'I didn't know they stacked shit this high' and telling me to drop and give him twenty, that I'd be able to do it.
                          We'll tackle the healthy diet stuff at a later date. Baby steps.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQT0JcTlpHd8F1LyqzjQ7-6u9qXqH4MtWcO1g&usqp=CAU.jpg
                          How do you think in stone, and I think in kg, despite being quite similar ages? We might have been a few critical years apart in school, because by the time i did the junior cert (I think it was the second year of it being the junior cert rather than the inter cert), there wasn't a stone or a pound in sight. I'd just have no conceptualisation what 13 stone 3 is without googling.
                          "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

The sad truth I learned, mainly through on here, as someone who has shot up from a lifetime consistent 65kg (10.2st in granddad weights) to 79kg (12.4st) in the last year, is that exercise is almost no benefit in terms of weight. Its all about eating less.

Comment

Comment

How do you think in stone, and I think in kg, despite being quite similar ages? We might have been a few critical years apart in school, because by the time i did the junior cert (I think it was the second year of it being the junior cert rather than the inter cert), there wasn't a stone or a pound in sight. I'd just have no conceptualisation what 13 stone 3 is without googling.
                                I think it's just habitual - growing up you measured your weight and your height in imperial. Most Irish people still do - like if you ask how tall someone is, you're far more likely to get back '6 feet' compared to '183cm'. You probably got used to metric from your time in France.

I do measure distance in km though.

Comment

I went from 67kg to 88kg over the pandemic, that is impressively bad! I ate the same (apart from the free candy and pastries) but used to exercise a lot every day, went to 0. Decided to do something about it as eventually I'm going to have to be able to wear the clothes I own when we go back outside and as I have a court date in June I kinda would like to fit in a suit. At 86kg and falling now. In general it is about eating less but I would consistently be doing over 1000 cals in exercise every day before. Climbing, football, yoga, weightlifting @gym, running, dancing, 2-3 hour walking every day.
                                  Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 31-03-21, 11:51.

Comment

The sad truth I learned, mainly through on here, as someone who has shot up from a lifetime consistent 65kg (10.2st in granddad weights) to 79kg (12.4st) in the last year, is that exercise is almost no benefit in terms of weight. Its all about eating less.
                                    I will endeavour to prove you wrong.

Comment

The US dont do stone either . BTW You are approx 1.80 in CWT . :-)

Comment

I have no problem with the running, cycling (turbo trainer), weights, walking, stretching and even digging in the garden while golf is out.

It's the eating junk bit I struggle with. Must eat a pound of butter a week to start with.

Quick 3km jog at lunchtime yesterday. Pace 5min 40s per km. Avg heart rate 161. Max 185 (shitty Mi Band 3 watch). The auld ticker looks to be struggling.

WFH bin is a disgrace.........

bin.jpg
                                        Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                          I have no problem with the running, cycling (turbo trainer), weights, walking, stretching and even digging in the garden while golf is out.

It's the eating junk bit I struggle with. Must eat a pound of butter a week to start with.

Quick 3km jog at lunchtime yesterday. Pace 5min 40s per km. Avg heart rate 161. Max 185 (shitty Mi Band 3 watch). The auld ticker looks to be struggling.

bin.jpg
                                          So glad I've no sweet tooth. I'm already a carb addict

When I got injured in Nov I put on a fair few KG . Exercise sure keeps the weight off. If you need to be skinny though the food intake needs to be reduced. I'm happy to be moderately obese. .

Comment

Btw I bought a SPIN bike. Great workouts. 30 mins of burn.
                                            I'm fat and fit.

Comment

So glad I've no sweet tooth. I'm already a carb addict

When I got injured in Nov I put on a fair few KG . Exercise sure keeps the weight off. If you need to be skinny though the food intake needs to be reduced. I'm happy to be moderately obese. .
                                              TBH, I'd imagine the biggest factor of all is genetics.

Maybe I can write my will accordingly:

"Hi kids, this is your father speaking from beyond the grave. I have good news and bad news. The bad news is I spent all my loot on trips to Vegas, expensive wine and slow horses. The good news is that I have left you something more valuable - my lean physique has been transferred down the generations. Use it wisely.

P.S.: the house is remortgaged, you have 3 days to GTFO."

Comment

Btw I bought a SPIN bike. Great workouts. 30 mins of burn.
                                                I'm fat and fit.
                                                I was debating getting one but felt it'd be an expensive clothes horse

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

oh paypal starting crypto payments
                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                    oh paypal starting crypto payments
                                                    not really though, as SP pointed out yesterday, all they do is convert your crypto to your currency of choice before settling the payment

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

not really though, as SP pointed out yesterday, all they do is convert your crypto to your currency of choice before settling the payment
                                                      I can't see any other way to start using cypto for them than this initial path. What they will need to do next is allow people to deposit and withdraw crypto.

Comment

I think it's just habitual - growing up you measured your weight and your height in imperial. Most Irish people still do - like if you ask how tall someone is, you're far more likely to get back '6 feet' compared to '183cm'. You probably got used to metric from your time in France.

I do measure distance in km though.
                                                        no i measure height in feet. Six foot etc is such an engrained measurement. But its weight and the use of stones that seems odd.

Comment

Struggling a bit with weight and exercise at the moment. my multi year weight chart is ridic 120 kg -> 79 in one year five years to get back up to 97 then 7 months back down to 79 and today I'm 87

Running has been off the charts since lockdown, my runningmost year before was c.850K and I'm now on a rolling 12 month 2100Km but I seem to be running a bit slower every time.
                                                          Anyway I've managed to get in at least one half marathon a month since lockdown and its the 31st of march so I either do it this evening or break that sequence.

I don't have to do anything ... but I just got a nice box of meat cheese and cake from Italy so I'm going to finish up work early go out at 3 and I may or may not be gone some time

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                            I just got a nice box of meat cheese and cake from Italy so I'm going to finish up work early go out at 3 and I may or may not be gone some time
                                                            Any progress on making said meat commercially available here?

Comment

Did the WL bet with Sickpuppy - lost the 17lbs target then out it back on again (well 3/4 of it) without any exercise really either way. Back to the grind after Easter.

See HH, pounds not KG's.

Comment

Any progress on making said meat commercially available here?
                                                                Nothing immediate, if only I knew someone with a masters in Food Business and Innovation

In the context of what I was saying last week about probably not wanting to finish working in that dim distant future where I'm no longer employed I can imagine it being a viable option. No2 Daughter has a reasonably clear mid term plan towards a sheep's cheese production business that might integrate well with it.

Comment

I was debating getting one but felt it'd be an expensive clothes horse
                                                                  Tis all about habit forming. For the spinning bike you have levels of resistance so you can follow the online classes Tis boring but as with most exercises the afterburn feels good

Facts are we are too sedentary . I watch the TV standing up as I'm fed up on my ass all day working. .

Comment

Damn you strewel, going to be very hard not to splurge a fortune on this site now

Comment

bin.jpg
                                                                      Your run will have earned you about 6 fingers of a kitkat for reference.

Comment

no i measure height in feet. Six foot etc is such an engrained measurement. But its weight and the use of stones that seems odd.
                                                                        I only moved over to kg about 6 years ago, when I got my first digital scales. Before that every analogue set of scales I had had the imperial units printed in a much larger font, that just made them easier to read. Measure height in metric too since about then. Still use inches for clothes sizes usually, and whatever the UK units are for shoe sizes.

Comment

Did that house ionapaul put up last week appear on home of the year last night, was half watching it and the neon "girls, girls, girls" sign gave me a flashback.
                                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Still not really convinced this is the future

Find answers and learn about our products, home charging installation, warranties, leasing, lending, trade-ins and more.

Comment

Damn you strewel, going to be very hard not to splurge a fortune on this site now
                                                                              You'd need a proper slicer first I think.
                                                                              Hacking at it, while fun, would probably not do it justice

Comment

bin.jpg
                                                                                You're running too fast bro.

Keep the HR <130 if you want to lose weight.
                                                                                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                  Still not really convinced this is the future

https://www.tesla.com/support/bitcoin?redirect=no
                                                                                  It is the beginning of the future, we are at a basic level of bartering at this stage with it. It won't look like bitcoin in the future but it's a place to start.

Comment

France shutting down schools again, until 26 April. 7pm curfew.

Comment

have a look at their site they will ship and pack with cool bags etc. but DHL overnight costs c.50 .

Azienda a conduzione familiare, è stata fondata nel 1945 ad Oggiono (Lecco) e continua ancor oggi con passione ed accurata sapienza a produrre prosciutto dolcis

I was about to send an order in but the odd assortment that arrived today will keep me going for a good while. Next time I'm ordering I'll let you know

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                        Did the WL bet with Sickpuppy - lost the 17lbs target then out it back on again (well 3/4 of it) without any exercise really either way. Back to the grind after Easter.

See HH, pounds not KG's.
                                                                                        Are you on an FT this evening? Would I have to download ppp to rail you?

Comment

Are you on an FT this evening? Would I have to download ppp to rail you?
                                                                                          Gone in 8th.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                                                                                            France shutting down schools again, until 26 April. 7pm curfew.
                                                                                            Until May 10th really as two weeks holidays start on 24th April.

Comment

have a look at their site they will ship and pack with cool bags etc. but DHL overnight costs c.50 .

Azienda a conduzione familiare, è stata fondata nel 1945 ad Oggiono (Lecco) e continua ancor oggi con passione ed accurata sapienza a produrre prosciutto dolcis

I was about to send an order in but the odd assortment that arrived today will keep me going for a good while. Next time I'm ordering I'll let you know

Just made an order, hadn't realised they had gone online.

€25 delivery seems fine, now if it could just arrive in the next 5 mins that would be lovely...

Did you inspire the Linea Celtica?

Comment

You'd need a proper slicer first I think.
                                                                                                Hacking at it, while fun, would probably not do it justice
                                                                                                Strewel played the long game here by first hooking me on the joys of knife sharpening. Then, once suitably tooled up, he reeled me in like the big fish I am with a monster order of Salamini Happy, Salame Gentile Oggiono, Rosa di Bosco, Salame Osteria, Carpaccio, Speck, e Prosciutto Crudo.

You can only admire the artistry of this long con tbf.

Comment

Like an idiot I went and bought Story of Seasons. Five hours last night, just about to get started again. This will be a few months until I wake up in a daze wondering why having the perfect virtual farm was actually so important. Getting the cokes and piss bottles ready!

Comment

The US crushing the vaccines, a mate had to go to the States for a few months, landed maybe two days ago and already has his first dose. Early thirties, no pre existing conditions, just made a booking and turned up, no residency barely a question asked. In and out in a few minutes. Gets the second jab in three weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Sheen View Post
                                                                                                      The US crushing the vaccines, a mate had to go to the States for a few months, landed maybe two days ago and already has his first dose. Early thirties, no pre existing conditions, just made a booking and turned up, no residency barely a question asked. In and out in a few minutes. Gets the second jab in three weeks.
                                                                                                      Literally crushing 15 million doses
                                                                                                      ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

The Hitch effect

AIB was the best-performing bank stock in Europe in the first quarter as investors welcomed the departure of Ulster Bank from the Irish market and the prospect of improved revenue trends in 2021.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post
                                                                                                          heh

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                                            This is very cool

Up there with the Shane MacGowan explanation of how songs get written which was paraphrased as:
                                                                                                            "it's like being on LSD and you can see all these fragments of amazing lyrics just floating around you in the air and you've just got to grab them and stick them together before some other fucker like Van Morrison gets them"

I think Van rode his girlfriend, now wife, Victoria at one stage which led to the immortal line:

Victoria, you left me for a fat monk singing Gloria

Comment

Lol the team that least needs to break regulations to train doing it anyway- string them up
                                                                                                              Members of the Dublin senior football squad broke Covid-19 rules to take part in a secret dawn training session yesterday, the Irish Independent can reveal.

Comment

Nuts how much flak golf caught over golf gate when GAA treated with kid gloves for facilitating a huge amount of superspreader events that everyone could see coming from miles away

Comment

This is very cool

He was indeed a composer. Art Garf struck it lucky there. It’s interesting the influence of Bach . Paul McCartney stated ‘Blackbird’ was inspired by Bach – well the guitar piece that everyone whoever took up a guitar has learned off.
                                                                                                                  When you look at the charts these days you can get dismayed at the level of basic competence and what is accepted , however if you look a little closer there are a batch of young instrumentalists who are honing their stuff in college and crossing genres with their interpretations. Example Molly Tuttle went to Berklee (spelling?) and a few of her college mates are all quite accomplished musicians. Her Clawhammer technique is very impressive, so there is hope for those of us who prefer to watch the craft of musicianship. I used to call myself a guitarist but looking at the skills of some of these folk I keep very quiet about it these days. Put you to shame they would.

Tina Tuner documentary last night. Very good. Heard this Bowie Story about her

Eddy, 62, said: “It was in 1985 and they were performing at Birmingham’s NEC on the UK leg of her Private Dancer tour.

“She told me David had already told her many times, ‘I want you’.

“I arrived to see their sound-check on stage and they were teasing each other. Later they went back to the hotel...

“The next morning I went to Tina’s room and she was acting really strangely. She said, ‘Oh my god, David is so naughty’.

“She told me David came on to her and she said, ‘I thought, ‘Oh, we will have a bit of fun’.’ And they did.

“Then Tina started laughing and said, ‘He went to have a shower, then he walks out, stark naked, wearing one of my spare wigs.

Sun
                                                                                                                  “He started singing Rolling On The River and was dancing just like me’.

“They had fun. It wasn’t love, it wasn’t an affair, it was just a moment of explosive chemistry. It definitely brought a whole new meaning to ‘Private Dancer’ [Tina’s 1984 hit ].

That night I went with Tina to the NEC for the performance. David appeared at the top of a long flight of stairs on the stage.

Tina turned round with the biggest smile that said, ‘I had an exciting night’. The atmosphere between them was electric.

“On stage he whispered something to her and Tina burst out laughing.

“She later told me he’d said, ‘My c**k is still sore’. He was one of only a few lucky men who won over Tina.”

And! If you check out the YouTube video you can easily lip read Bowie’s comment and Tina’s reaction!

Comment

I think Van rode his girlfriend, now wife, Victoria at one stage which led to the immortal line:

Did anything happen with his legal challenge to the lockdown in NI? Searching is only showing me results from last January, that he was planning to do so.

Comment

Here's my second release! A short little ditty named after a fantastic gay bar in Mexico City. https://open.spotify.com/track/0bOeG...e22c5b2ece4633

Comment

i'll get that for you...

Epic sax thrusting in that vid too.

I love little moments like that, not the sax cock shots, the little snippets of collaboration between people at the top of their game.
                                                                                                                        Though I am a sucker for a dude humping a sax.
                                                                                                                        ​​

Comment

Epic sax thrusting in that vid too.

I love little moments like that, not the sax cock shots, the little snippets of collaboration between people at the top of their game.
                                                                                                                          Though I am a sucker for a dude humping a sax.
                                                                                                                          ​​

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X