Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When this pandemic is over I think we should all look back on the Matt Damon in Dalkey story last year as the single most shameful episode from the entire pandemic.
    The fawning boot licking coverage was a national disgrace, we are better than that as a country

Comment

No 2 prospective son in law started work in a new job last year in a rapidly growing company, decent package with share options to kick in after 12 months he's happy with the job and seems to be doing well. Yesterday they were told that the company founder is being bought out, minimum 40K bonus for everyone who has options, he's there 10 months, puketastic. He's bull thick and I guess you can't blame him. They are about to start building a house and it would have made a nice start to that.
      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

This lockdown has been going on way too long. Please do better.

On a related note, has anyone ever been to a presidential library? Kinda imagine they don't see much traffic but maybe there are hordes of avid amateur historians who can think of no finer thing to do with their holidays than to trek to the Richard Milhous Nixon Presidential Library in Yorba Linda and marvel at the wonders therein.
        Tough gig BBV. Belly laugh imo

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
          No 2 prospective son in law started work in a new job last year in a rapidly growing company, decent package with share options to kick in after 12 months he's happy with the job and seems to be doing well. Yesterday they were told that the company founder is being bought out, minimum 40K bonus for everyone who has options, he's there 10 months, puketastic. He's bull thick and I guess you can't blame him. They are about to start building a house and it would have made a nice start to that.
          Ah sure half would have gone on tax .

Comment

They'll probably end up doing 'something' for him - I've seen this before where thresholds were set and then management threw in sweetners for the staff below.

In fairness though, 10 months, WTF do you expect really.
            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
              When this pandemic is over I think we should all look back on the Matt Damon in Dalkey story last year as the single most shameful episode from the entire pandemic.
              The fawning boot licking coverage was a national disgrace, we are better than that as a country
              Too much Good Will ?

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                I did like that someone suggested to name that Walrus who fell asleep on an iceberg and ended up in Kerry
                SPOILER
                "Fatt Damon"

Comment

It's a sickening feeling. Happened to me back in the day when BT bought Esat from O'Brien, I was 3 weeks short of share options and while everyone was dancing around and talking about their windfall I was sitting gutted in the corner. would have only been 20-25k but still hurt.
                  Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

USA, France, Germany and Italy added to hotel quarantine rules

Fucking hell

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post

It's a sickening feeling. Happened to me back in the day when BT bought Esat from O'Brien, I was 3 weeks short of share options and while everyone was dancing around and talking about their windfall I was sitting gutted in the corner. would have only been 20-25k but still hurt.
                      I worked with a guy who was in the office lotto syndicate for a few years. He was out sick from work for a week and didn't get to pay his sub as a result. They didn't count him in the syndicate for that period and ended up winning the lotto. Pictures in local paper and national media coverage etc. Poor fella missed out on a very nice 5 figure sum as a result. The other syndicate members wouldn't give up a few k each to cover his potential winnings either. I just couldn't fathom the bad vibes that would have caused. He was still working with the same company and colleagues for years later.

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post

I keep hearing him on calls telling people how happy he is for them I think the poor hoor has actually died inside, He'll get over it in time.

I remember a conversation with three lads in Trintech who were working out whether to vest shares they had and if it would be worth the hassle for the €400 they were going to get between them. They told me then that they had had a conversation five years earlier where they were discussing an option to sell those same shares and buying a house each in Leopardstown for what they were worth at that time (setting up a company to deal with the tax), one of the three persuaded them to hodl

Comment

LOL welcome to the future.

I've seen Chinese manufacturers who don't give a fuck put manuals through translate but this is a whole new level of the game

Comment

I have to say this is the most over the top delivery of sausages that I woke to this morning and I appreciate it.

ieczvacl.jpg

xpykTtbl.jpg

Comment

Are we going to be living with Luke O neill for years to come or will he disappear when pandemic is over?

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                I have to say this is the most over the top delivery of sausages that I woke to this morning and I appreciate it.

ieczvacl.jpg

xpykTtbl.jpg
                                This reminds me of when Homer accused the gays of stealing 'our words'.

Now you lot are at it. 'Sausages' and 'black pudding' are sacred to our tribe, you're messing with forces you don't even understand here.

Comment

Went into a decently authentic looking Chinese place and asked for the gyozas. She's just pulled the same frozen pack I normally buy in the Chinese supermarket out of the freezer. Got to love the gamesmanship. Although I'm now wondering if the run-down look of the place wasn't an attempt at portraying authenticity but just their general business attitude.
                                  "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                    Went into a decently authentic looking Chinese place and asked for the gyozas. She's just pulled the same frozen pack I normally buy in the Chinese supermarket out of the freezer. Got to love the gamesmanship. Although I'm now wondering if the run-down look of the place wasn't an attempt at portraying authenticity but just their general business attitude.
                                    Don't gyozas come from Japan?

Comment

Comment

This reminds me of when Homer accused the gays of stealing 'our words'.

Now you lot are at it. 'Sausages' and 'black pudding' are sacred to our tribe, you're messing with forces you don't even understand here.
                                        They ruined all our best names like Bruce, and Lance, and Julian sausage and pudding. Those were the toughest meatiest names we had!
                                        It's come to a point I can nearly live off the free food I am receiving, and for some reason companies seem to think i want to wear beanies with their names on it.
                                        I was surprised to see Denny get in on the vegan products but their sausages are class.

Comment

Got a new lawnmower this week
                                          SPOILER

Must invite Tara around when the project is complete

Comment

It's probably the same ones in the Asian supermarket down here too. I've a Korean mate that had them and she said they're legit decent compared what's available at home. Probably the same ones for your starter in a Chinese take away too.

Comment

Don't gyozas come from Japan?
                                              They come from China, they were brought to Japan by soldiers after the war and are a little different now, though homemade Chinese ones are the same as Japanese ones. But you are right with the word, Hitch should have said Jiaozi for a Chinese place, though they are written using Chinese characters in japan still!
                                              Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 30-03-21, 12:49.

Comment

They come from China, they were brought to Japan by soldiers after the war and are a little different now, though homemade Chinese ones are the same as Japanese ones.
                                                Ah, OK. On first glance, it looked like the equivalent of going into a Polish shop and being annoyed they didn't have the right type of French cheese.

Comment

Like when I went to a Ramen place in New York with my mother and she was miffed they didn't have chipper style battered fish, and didn't trust the word tempura.
                                                  Also don't get my girlfriend started on how Eastern European shops are all called Polish shops too as us westerners just think there is one big country called Poland over there.

Comment

It was definitely themed Chinese anyway. Maybe gyozas was the French used word. (look at that fecker blaming the French again)

Comment

as us westerners just think there is one big country called Poland over there.
                                                      I really don't think we think that. Like literally no-one. Not least thanks to decades of Eurovision and football. I do remember the exact at opposite at some point of being surprised how big Poland actually was.

Comment

Does "zoos and wildlife parks" effectively just mean Dublin Zoo and Fota?

I wonder is there a substantial meal = restaurant type workaround for a pub if they stick a penguin on the bar or have a gibbon in the toilet?

Comment

The Ranchers Wife.

SPOILER
                                                          The Ranchers Wife

A successful rancher died and left everything to his devoted wife.

She was a very good-looking woman and determined to keep the ranch, but knew very little about ranching, so she decided to place an ad in the newspaper for a ranch hand.

Two cowboys applied for the job. One was gay and the other a drunk.

She thought long and hard about it, and when no one else applied she decided to hire the gay guy, figuring it would be safer to have him around the house than the drunk.

He proved to be a hard worker who put in long hours every day and knew a lot about ranching.

For weeks, the two of them worked, and the ranch was doing very well.

Then one day, the rancher's widow said to the hired hand, "You have done a really good job, and the ranch looks great. You should go into town and kick up your heels." The hired hand readily agreed and went into town Saturday night.
                                                          One o'clock came and he didn't return. Two o'clock and no hired hand.
                                                          Finally he returned around two-thirty, and upon entering the house, he found the rancher's widow sitting by the fireplace with a glass of wine, waiting for him.

She quietly called him over to her. "Unbutton my blouse and take it off," she said. Trembling, he did as she directed. "Now take off my boots." He did as she asked, ever so slowly. "Now take off my socks." He removed each gently and placed them neatly by her boots. "Now take off my skirt." He slowly unbuttoned it, constantly watching her eyes in the fire light. "Now take off my bra." Again, with trembling hands, he did as he was told and dropped it to the floor.

Then she looked deep into his eyes and said, "If you EVER wear my clothes into town again, you're fired"

Comment

Inter county GAA training back before golf is a bad joke- do GAA have compromising pics of cabinet members? It’s a fucking joke the slack they get count after the amount of shite that had been caused county final celebrations last yesr

knowing the nature of the micromanaging nazis who are involved in back room teams and management of inter county a good few have been training away for past few months anyway

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post

I worked with a guy who was in the office lotto syndicate for a few years. He was out sick from work for a week and didn't get to pay his sub as a result. They didn't count him in the syndicate for that period and ended up winning the lotto. Pictures in local paper and national media coverage etc. Poor fella missed out on a very nice 5 figure sum as a result. The other syndicate members wouldn't give up a few k each to cover his potential winnings either. I just couldn't fathom the bad vibes that would have caused. He was still working with the same company and colleagues for years later.
                                                              ...This is not how the beloved IPB lotto syndicate is run...Often members would be a few € negative but will always buy the same amount of tickets- except maybe for Andynotsofatbastard... Fact they didn't all throw a few K each to him is horrendous...

...On that note--- still recruiting for the IPB Lotto syndicate... €5 per week for guaranteed returns*...

*Returns very likely to be massively less than invested...

Comment

I keep hearing him on calls telling people how happy he is for them I think the poor hoor has actually died inside, He'll get over it in time.

I remember a conversation with three lads in Trintech who were working out whether to vest shares they had and if it would be worth the hassle for the €400 they were going to get between them. They told me then that they had had a conversation five years earlier where they were discussing an option to sell those same shares and buying a house each in Leopardstown for what they were worth at that time (setting up a company to deal with the tax), one of the three persuaded them to hodl
                                                                Ryanair did a buy back scheme one shares when MrsDP and I were just at the dawn of courting.
                                                                She was gushing telling me how she was getting €4 a share...
                                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

I really don't think we think that. Like literally no-one. Not least thanks to decades of Eurovision and football. I do remember the exact at opposite at some point of being surprised how big Poland actually was.
                                                                  It's not literal lmao. She is just assumed to be Polish every day for years here, her comment is that she only ever gets questions about how long ago she moved from Poland, what part of Poland is she from and on and on, non stop. And that the "Polish shops" are selling goods from all over the place, not just Poland etc, we go there for Hungarian products.

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post

...This is not how the beloved IPB lotto syndicate is run...Often members would be a few € negative but will always buy the same amount of tickets- except maybe for Andynotsofatbastard... Fact they didn't all throw a few K each to him is horrendous...

...On that note--- still recruiting for the IPB Lotto syndicate... €5 per week for guaranteed returns*...

*Returns very likely to be massively less than invested...
                                                                    Ignore such blandishments from inferior get rich quick schemes

Instead stick with the tried and trusted option of the IPB Aintree Tipping Comp. As seen on TV.

Comment

Ignore such blandishments from inferior get rich quick schemes

Instead stick with the tried and trusted option of the IPB Aintree Tipping Comp. As seen on TV.
                                                                      No more canvassing. Numbers stay as is I make the top 5 .

Comment

So...

Got a house now.
                                                                        Turns out issuing legal proceedings really lights a fire under peoples arses.
                                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

https://www.reuters.com/article/cryp...-idUSL1N2LR0OD
                                                                          LONDON (Reuters) - PayPal Holdings Inc will announce later on Tuesday that it has started allowing U.S. consumers to use their cryptocurrency holdings to pay at millions of its online merchants globally, a move that could significantly boost use of digital assets in everyday commerce.

Customers who hold bitcoin, ether, bitcoin cash and litecoin in PayPal digital wallets will now be able to convert their holdings into fiat currencies at checkouts to make purchases, the company said.

The service, which PayPal revealed it was working on late last year, will be available at all of its 29 million merchants in the coming months, the company said.

“This is the first time you can seamlessly use cryptocurrencies in the same way as a credit card or a debit card inside your PayPal wallet,” President and CEO Dan Schulman told Reuters ahead of a formal announcement.

Checkout with Crypto builds on the ability for PayPal users to buy, sell and hold cryptocurrencies, which the San Jose, California-based payments company launched in October.

The offering made PayPal one of the largest mainstream financial companies to open its network to cryptocurrencies and helped fuel a rally in virtual coin prices.

Bitcoin has nearly doubled in value since the start of this year, boosted by increased interest from larger financial firms that are betting on greater adoption and see it as a hedge against inflation.
                                                                          Slideshow ( 2 images )
                                                                          PayPal’s launch comes less than a week after Tesla Inc said it would start accepting bitcoin payments for its cars. Unlike PayPal transactions where merchants will be receiving fiat currency, Tesla said it will hold the bitcoin used as payment.

Still, while the nascent asset is gaining traction among mainstream investors, it has yet to become a widespread form of payment, due in part to its continued volatility.

PayPal hopes its service can change that, as by settling the transaction in fiat currency, merchants will not take on the volatility risk.

“We think it is a transitional point where cryptocurrencies move from being predominantly an asset class that you buy, hold and or sell to now becoming a legitimate funding source to make transactions in the real world at millions of merchants,” Schulman said.

The company will charge no transaction fee to checkout with crypto and only one type of coin can be used for each purchase, it said.
                                                                          Let's see how this goes. Is that actual crypto they will be holding or some made up PayPal price tracking thing?

Comment

Got a new lawnmower this week
                                                                            SPOILER

Must invite Tara around when the project is complete
                                                                            Have you picked the wine ?

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                              So...

Got a house now.
                                                                              woooooohoooo. excellent.

Comment

i see wombat is 5% richer today thanks to his IAG buy yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                                  This is also great.

This tweet thread was great by Geno and Joel goes and wins one the next week.

These two tweets together is super feel good reading and watching.

This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                  All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                  The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

If you want to get technical, no he isn't unless he invested his entire wealth on the one investment and then you have to account for tax on top of that. So he is more likely 0.001% richer
                                                                                    No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Started KBCs best deposit account last May. €4k in at the start and then €1k a month after that.

Interest paid at the end of the year. Me thinking it will take care of a bit of Christmas.

31 Dec 2020 Total Interest = 35.66. Dirt Deducted: 11.77 Account Credit: €23.99 LOfookingLZ

Bagged €300 today on a €7k IAG punt yesterday.
                                                                                      Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

https://www.reuters.com/article/cryp...-idUSL1N2LR0OD

Let's see how this goes. Is that actual crypto they will be holding or some made up PayPal price tracking thing?
                                                                                        Except you are not using the crypto for the transaction, you are paying in the local currency while Paypal skim a couple of points off your crypto for the service. Nice bit of business for them.
                                                                                        Last edited by Strewelpeter; 30-03-21, 16:12.

Comment

Some of that stock options conversation is very relevant to us right now. It turns out having a greater than one percent share of a company in the form of stock options is not actually worth all that much when the company is sold for quite a lot of millions. As in, its very optional how much the options are considered to be worth, and all the parties need to agree on that. What seems on paper options that should be worth a €60,000-€120,000 payout is looking like no payout at all. But then again, there's an opportunity to work for the bigger company, maybe at a higher salary. Mustn't grumble. We'd always mentally written the options off as zero value, but still...

Comment

Some of that stock options conversation is very relevant to us right now. It turns out having a greater than one percent share of a company in the form of stock options is not actually worth all that much when the company is sold for quite a lot of millions. As in, its very optional how much the options are considered to be worth, and all the parties need to agree on that. What seems on paper options that should be worth a €60,000-€120,000 payout is looking like no payout at all. But then again, there's an opportunity to work for the bigger company, maybe at a higher salary. Mustn't grumble. We'd always mentally written the options off as zero value, but still...
                                                                                            Yes it’ll depend on the volatility and likelihood of strike as you know, but also on the perspective of the acquirer as to how highly they value the new staff to keep them.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post

Yes it’ll depend on the volatility and likelihood of strike as you know, but also on the perspective of the acquirer as to how highly they value the new staff to keep them.
                                                                                              yeah! There was even an 'immediately vest before acquisition' clause in there. But left to the board to determine the exercise price, and given there are warring shareholders the employees fell between the cracks.

Comment

yeah! There was even an 'immediately vest before acquisition' clause in there. But left to the board to determine the exercise price, and given there are warring shareholders the employees fell between the cracks.
                                                                                                It can be a useful takeover defence, like a mass greenmail option I guess.

Comment

She was gushing telling me
                                                                                                  I think I've watched to much porn in my life.

Comment

So...

Got a house now.
                                                                                                    And this is why you never take legal advice from morons on the internet. Makes my and RD3 suggestion to cut all ties and run look pretty foolish now.

Wp DP, fuckin delighted for ya.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post

And this is why you never take legal advice from morons on the internet. Makes my and RD3 suggestion to cut all ties and run look pretty foolish now.

Wp DP, fuckin delighted for ya.
                                                                                                      He didn’t say it was the same house

Comment

You would wonder how much of the gap between France and The Brits, on Astra, is down to science, and how much is down to old enmities. Poll taken before clotting issue I think.

Mad that Sputnik costs significantly more than Astra. Maybe the UK gets a discounted price because of Astra research funding early on. 62-90% WTF like.

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Really like that change to vaccination only based on age group band once they've vaccinated all high risk and over 65s. It never really made sense that young healthy teachers got priority over say shop workers. Cuts out so much bullshit and special groups.

Vaccinations look like they're going to absolutely explode now. 200k this week and then only upwards from then. It's all happening now. Although realistically April is another semi write off. Albeit one where we are now allowed to travel to Bray which seems an unusual luxury.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post

He didn’t say it was the same house
                                                                                                            lol. Feck off you

Comment

Really like that change to vaccination only based on age group band once they've vaccinated all high risk and over 65s. It never really made sense that young healthy teachers got priority over say shop workers. Cuts out so much bullshit and special groups.

Vaccinations look like they're going to absolutely explode now. 200k this week and then only upwards from then. It's all happening now. Although realistically April is another semi write off. Albeit one where we are now allowed to travel to Bray which seems an unusual luxury.
                                                                                                              didn’t realise you lived in Wicklow

His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post

He is well within a 20km distance from Bray though.
                                                                                                                Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

My mother (79) is getting her second dose of vaccine on Saturday, while my father (76) it's getting his first dose on Thursday. It's finally happening, thank fuck.

Comment

It's not literal lmao. She is just assumed to be Polish every day for years here, her comment is that she only ever gets questions about how long ago she moved from Poland, what part of Poland is she from and on and on, non stop. And that the "Polish shops" are selling goods from all over the place, not just Poland etc, we go there for Hungarian products.
                                                                                                                    I remember learning how to say 'thank you' in Polish and saying dziekuje to the Lithuanian girl in the Spar.

I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Nice spins in the poker this week so far - €3.5k second in Unibet game yesterday and spun €50- €265- €2.1k IO HR ticket tonight and dumped straight in. Back tomorrow 7/9 with €4.5k locked up

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post

Even Greystones is on the agenda now with the 20km. It's all up for grabs!

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                                          Nice spins in the poker this week so far - €3.5k second in Unibet game yesterday and spun €50- €265- €2.1k IO HR ticket tonight and dumped straight in. Back tomorrow 7/9 with €4.5k locked up
                                                                                                                          With your record at the lockdown Pokerzzz she'll be telling you to move up to $10 games!!

Good to see one of the nice guys winning. GL.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X