Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lovely Hurling, she will get a sale sometime this year I suspect.
    Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
    https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

500k first jabs now. Ignore second jab numbers imo. So five weeks between here and end of April and we need that number to rise by 180k a week to get to one third vaccinated by the end of April (approx everyone aged 60+ plus all serious younger cases). It's going to be tough, but hopefully doable. We're sorted then once we get that first third out of the way as its then simple sailing to add a minimum of 20% a month in May and June and get to around 80% by the end of June. April is the big month as this is the first big test of the main flow of vaccines. Fingers crossed. We do April right and we're in game over territory.

Tl:dr: 500k now. If we have five weeks starting now each at 200k, it's all over, if we're a lot less than that then summer is cancelled.

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 26-03-21, 17:14.
      "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
        woohoo, just booked the belfry for early july. playing both saturday afternoon and sunday morning on 2 of their courses. already nervous just thinking about it! Never played anything at this level. gonna need to practice big time before then
        Wouldn't worry about it. I expect it's most often frequented by moneyed yanks who couldn't hit a beach ball.

If things don't go your way on the day, golfing wise, don't let in get in the way of appreciating the place and enjoying the experience; a mistake I have made a few times and regret. Plenty of time for hard nosed golfing when you get back to your club.
        Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
          All I hear is that they do a fierce amount of tugging in Lao's industry...and people talk about bankers.

I'll tug your banker

no wait...

I'll bank you tug

no, hang on...

I'll tug you industry

...ah, forget it, it's been too shitty a week to expect me to have the mental strength to come up with witty comeback at twenty past five of a Friday evening

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post

Wouldn't worry about it. I expect it's most often frequented by moneyed yanks who couldn't hit a beach ball.

If things don't go your way on the day, golfing wise, don't let in get in the way of appreciating the place and enjoying the experience; a mistake I have made a few times and regret. Plenty of time for hard nosed golfing when you get back to your club.
            i'll definitely be in awe of the place, so looking forward to seeing it. i don't get worked up about my golf, i'm really not good enough. expecting to play at least twice a week till then so hopefully get a half consistent swing before i get there!
            Last edited by shrapnel; 26-03-21, 17:40.

Comment

Was on the phone with somebody from a company I'm working with in the UK just there - he wants us to be a customer, quite a posh older man. He said "love you" by accident before hanging up, I burst out laughing after. Say he's still thinking on that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

Back in the glorious days of haircuts, a lot of places use online booking systems. No idea what backend they use though.
                Back end sides for most people (I think)

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                  Does anyone know much about the EIIS scheme for tax rebates on investments to qualifying Irish startups?

Looks like a HUGE no brainer, getting 40% back over two years on your initial investment - €1k investment becomes a €600 exposure.
                  I looked at these before. Went to a presentation by Cantor Fitz for O'Haras. Was too many red flags for me. Your 1k getting very quickly skimmed by the agents and company. And that was one of the more respectable ones. Plenty of investors never see their money again.

I wouldn't say never, but, be very wary.
                  Last edited by Denny Crane; 26-03-21, 18:43.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

Easy to paint the walls but I can't imagine how long it would take to exorcise 'poor oul' Sinead from a house.... Imagine waking up in the night and thinking you are in the room where she was banging John Waters
                    Missed that!

Comment

I couldn't see fees when i looked at them before. I wanted an ETF style coverage but since they did not mention fees at all and the huge risk involved, meh. Show me some fund/trust/etf that I can do it with a low fee and it would be great. Seems complicated if you are investing a lot also, since you may end up with a decent chunk of some small irish company.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                        Applied to taxback.com - ticked a few boxes - and they're now promising to send me €12k in back taxes. It all seems unlikely, so we'll see. I suspect no tax authority goes around offering €12k cheques for perfunctory ticking of boxes. But if you too might also be owed tax, taxback seem very good.

You can and should just do it on revenue online and save yourself 1.2k fees, I'll do it for you for 1k.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post

You can and should just do it on revenue online and save yourself 1.2k fees, I'll do it for you for 1k.
                          Not in my case. It was very complicated due to the two country thing. I tried filling in the form for one year and it was many many pages long full of questions I didn't understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                            500k first jabs now. Ignore second jab numbers imo. So five weeks between here and end of April and we need that number to rise by 180k a week to get to one third vaccinated by the end of April (approx everyone aged 60+ plus all serious younger cases). It's going to be tough, but hopefully doable. We're sorted then once we get that first third out of the way as its then simple sailing to add a minimum of 20% a month in May and June and get to around 80% by the end of June. April is the big month as this is the first big test of the main flow of vaccines. Fingers crossed. We do April right and we're in game over territory.

Tl:dr: 500k now. If we have five weeks starting now each at 200k, it's all over, if we're a lot less than that then summer is cancelled.

Got a call from the Ambulance service yesterday and they came this afternoon to give my Father his first dose. Can't describe how relieved I am to get that done, Phew!

They have been very secretive about the rollout to housebound but I got a few bits of info from the lad who arrived, He's doing between 6 and 14 a day depending on how far he has to travel. Sounds like their initial estimate of 2000 calls has increased and after three full weeks they are less than half way through the first doses.
                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

I looked at these before. Went to a presentation by Cantor Fitz for O'Haras. Was too many red flags for me. Your 1k getting very quickly skimmed by the agents and company. And that was one of the more respectable ones. Plenty of investors never see their money again.

I wouldn't say never, but, be very wary.
                              Someone elsewhere mentioned liquidity as being a major issue. It's not like you can just fire up an app to close your position and lump it somewhere else.

Comment

It's OK Hitch I could google them.

Originally posted by coillcam View Post

Someone elsewhere mentioned liquidity as being a major issue. It's not like you can just fire up an app to close your position and lump it somewhere else.
                                There is also a minimum holding period of 4 years.

Comment

Hosing down in Gay Paree. UL shraaaap.
                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Hosing down in Gay Paree. UL shraaaap.
                                    Yeah definitely not perfect. A win will do, although would be fun if we're 10 points ahead with 20 to go. I think they'll go for broke.

Comment

That's an odd one France effectively punished 2 points for getting the try scored

Was touched down in the corner despite the scorer being fouled, if he had not got it down it was a penalty try for 7 points and as he scored it the conversion was taken and missed.
                                      Last edited by Strewelpeter; 26-03-21, 21:12.

Comment

That's an odd one France effectively punished 2 points for getting the try scored

Was touched down in the corner despite the scorer being fouled, if he had not got it down it was a penalty try for 7 points and as he scored it the conversion was taken and missed.
                                        And a yellow card. I don't understand why he doesn't give it tbh.

Comment

Anyone going to try and defend The beacon?
                                          scum tbh, and thick scum at that
                                          i know people who could have got it early on a legit technicality but refused as it wasn’t the right thing to do , there’s plenty out there like that
                                          plenty in minimising the Coombs story last time (think I might have had a dig at the story too) turned out they got kids of senior staff vaccinated- these people are pretty thick really

Comment

Silly by Russell there.

Seems like even these top players often forget the rules in the heat of battle these days.

Comment

The club I play for in Meath are running a fundraiser which is badly needed in these times. Pick some golfers and get money. If anyone fancies jumping in for a tenner, all support is appreciated. For the more adventurous, you can have as many entries as you like.

Comment

LOL France

Comment

LOL France
                                                  That might be the most French way to lose a game yet

Comment

Unreal, Only France could do that, exceptional bit of surrender monkeying

Comment

Please explain that play ?????? It was over

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                        Gallic flair

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                          I think we should ask Shraaaap to explain it in detail.

Comment

I still have no idea what I just saw. It was over when we turned the ball over then dulin had the biggest brain fart ever. Wtf was he trying to do?

Comment

In what is possibly, but maybe not, the BBVs first academic study, I wrote a study on NFTs. The idea for which was exclusively based on BBV discussion.

Comment

I still have no idea what I just saw. It was over when we turned the ball over then dulin had the biggest brain fart ever. Wtf was he trying to do?
                                                                Fuck you Shrap and all your countrymen, especially Dulin

I was 3rd out of 4 in my SuperBru league. I went with France to win. The person behind me went with Scotland. France just had to win, even by one point, actually a draw would have done, they were winning with the ball in hand in the 80th fucking minute, with the clock in the red, what the fuck was he thinking, even if they ran up and scored, there was no fucking difference.

I now have to cook a three course fucking meal for 4 fucking people plus fucking wine.

I hope this lockdown never fucking ends so they other couple aren't allowed to come over for dinner.

Fucking cheese eating fucking surrender monkeys.

I'm going to cook snails and frogs for the fuckers.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post

I'm going to cook snails and frogs for the fuckers.
                                                                    When you mentioned this before, I was surprised that the winner didn't get to cook for their friends. Still find it a strange arrangement.
                                                                    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                      The club I play for in Meath are running a fundraiser which is badly needed in these times. Pick some golfers and get money. If anyone fancies jumping in for a tenner, all support is appreciated. For the more adventurous, you can have as many entries as you like.

I did this. Easy enough to do.
                                                                      His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

When you mentioned this before, I was surprised that the winner didn't get to cook for their friends. Still find it a strange arrangement.
                                                                        Food cooked for you as you put your feet up is always better than you spending a day in the kitchen cooking.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post

Food cooked for you as you put your feet up is always better than you spending a day in the kitchen cooking.
                                                                          Well, I think we can agree to disagree.
                                                                          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post

I did this. Easy enough to do.
                                                                            Nice one elbows. Appreciate that.

Comment

v good effort

Comment

Kids test came back negative as i expected. Me sitting downstairs minding kids all day (as obv couldnt go to school) waiting on text result so i can go out and do a crap load of work/shopping/stuff. Drop up to Mrs working away upstairs complaining that it was over 27 hours now (4.30pm), hope they hurry up etc etc -

"Oh they texted me the result earlier, sorry was busy here"

Me grabbing phone - 10.15 am text. Women

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                  "Oh they texted me the result earlier, sorry was busy here"

Me grabbing phone - 10.15 am text. Women
                                                                                  Mugged you off lad. Nothing to see here. Move on.

Comment

Matchplay a bloodbath with only 1 top seed going through. Only Sergio running for me but glad to have one.
                                                                                    His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post

Mugged you off lad. Nothing to see here. Move on.
                                                                                      Its in the book

Comment

Yeah mentioned it the other day. Symbolic of RDIII’s renovations.
                                                                                        At this point the official ones are all mass produced anyway so no reason a good replica can’t get close. Obv shitty ones exist too.

I remember one day seeing a dismantled Eames chair on the side of the road near work. Seems to be left there for council pick up when an office was cleared out. I wasn’t sure, but thought it was a genuine one, albeit a few years old. Decided I could put it back together. Came back after lunch with the car and it was gone.
                                                                                        Still annoyed about that. I’ve convinced myself that it was real and some sold it for a few thousand when repaired.

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                                                                          Matchplay a bloodbath with only 1 top seed going through. Only Sergio running for me but glad to have one.
                                                                                          My 2 went by the wayside but fuck me backing the outsiders in doubles and trebles going spectacularly (SP Im drunk) well.

Comment

Lol, who knew the highlight of a shiity day would come at 2.30am. Just finished shipping a €530 ticket to IO PKO tomorrow and having a gin decided to go out for a smoke before bed. Lad in a car throwing IT into next door driveway didnt see me and i said "good morning". Scared the crap outta him and he fell over and smacked mush off neighbours car and alarm went off TGIF

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                                                                                            This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Not everyone is happy with the development in Cork
                                                                                              I could just sense this line was coming

And it feels like we’re still stuck with male-centred design. Big gleaming, phallic elitist structures designed to win architectural awards, ego-driven structures.
                                                                                              In the space of two weeks, a spate of prestigious developments has been announced for Cork, bookended by the deaths of two homeless men.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                                Anyone going to try and defend The beacon?
                                                                                                scum tbh, and thick scum at that
                                                                                                i know people who could have got it early on a legit technicality but refused as it wasn’t the right thing to do , there’s plenty out there like that
                                                                                                plenty in minimising the Coombs story last time (think I might have had a dig at the story too) turned out they got kids of senior staff vaccinated- these people are pretty thick really
                                                                                                I know a few people who got it early, I don't think it ever occurred to them to turn it down. Although they were sheepish about saying they had received it.

Comment

Mellor, think it's 7-8k for a new original. Who knows what a vintage one is worth...

Comment

You've got to admit it was pretty funny. I'm laughing here thinking of your and Lao's faces as you watched that.

Hopefully there was some secret signal from the bench of 'OK lads, some sucker matched me for the full tank at 999/1'.

Comment

Not everyone is happy with the development in Cork
                                                                                                      I could just sense this line was coming

In the space of two weeks, a spate of prestigious developments has been announced for Cork, bookended by the deaths of two homeless men.

LOL She's not a fan of low rise either.

Grade a gobshite TBF quite the caricature of the anti everything brigade.

I passed a familiar Irish sight: a semicircle of former council houses, pleasant enough little semi-detached homes of a certain era, gathered around a crescent of green, on the side of the road miles from any shops or services.

These houses were built before car ownership was the norm it is today. As I cycled past, I thought, a man definitely designed that. A man who never had to stand in a bus in the rain with a buggy and four bags of shopping and a screaming toddler definitely decided to put these houses out here.

Comment

I wonder if that was a mistake by Barnes or is it an anomaly in the rules

I thought Barnes could been a bit quicker with the yellow cards rather than allowing Scotland to roll over a series of defensive penalties. I think there is something to be said for the attacking team taking the second or third penalty as a set piece and complaining to the ref that they can't get through a line that's consistently offside rather than exhausting themselves trying to break through a line that is defending by giving away penalties.
                                                                                                        That problem might have been a it more obvious in last nights game where France needed to score tries rather than just win.

Comment

Penaud would have been better slapping the ball into the dead ball than scoring.

I think Barnes should have given the PT + YC regardless though

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post

I think Barnes should have given the PT + YC regardless though
                                                                                                            In not giving it was he making a mistake or following the rules, he was very clear talking to the TMO, 'if its not touched down we are going under the sticks' and afaik that implies a YC

Comment

Shrap, I came across this and thought you and your son might be interested. Seems like a very cool project.

Comment

In not giving it was he making a mistake or following the rules, he was very clear talking to the TMO, 'if its not touched down we are going under the sticks' and afaik that implies a YC
                                                                                                                yup agreed, how can you play advantage but end up in a less advantageous position?

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post

yup agreed, how can you play advantage but end up in a less advantageous position?
                                                                                                                  No 1 Son used to do a bit of refereeing he says there's no punishment for penalty offence while a try is being scored.
                                                                                                                  So it looks like an anomaly.

Comment

Unreal, Only France could do that, exceptional bit of surrender monkeying
                                                                                                                    Comical as it was, it was surely the complete opposite of surrender monkeying.
                                                                                                                    "We need 18 points and the clock is red, but we're not going to let that stop us - Lets give it a lash" is a nonsensical bit of bravado but there's an uncharacteristic fight to the death element in there.

Comment

Bad team news for Leinster, Tadhg Furlong isn't available to play.

SPOILER
                                                                                                                      He's been flown over to Egypt to unblock the Suez Canal

Comment

You've got to admit it was pretty funny. I'm laughing here thinking of your and Lao's faces as you watched that.

Hopefully there was some secret signal from the bench of 'OK lads, some sucker matched me for the full tank at 999/1'.

Mrs Lao Lao very kindly took a sneaky video of me hurling abuse at the TV as I paced around the room in a state of distress

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post

Shrap, I came across this and thought you and your son might be interested. Seems like a very cool project.
                                                                                                                          https://www.helium.com/
                                                                                                                          Cheers HJ, will definitely look into it

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X