This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

Bookatable for restaurants, expedia for holidays, clubv1 for golf. Not sure if that's what you're looking for but those are the ones I use regularly.
    Thank you.

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

My physio has a very good system that works from his calendar to show me the times he's free. Not sure what plug in he's using.
    Cliniko. Perfect, thank you.

We are in talks with a practice management app here called JaneApp so this is a great shout, ty.
    This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
    All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
    The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

By that metric Ooni should have shoved my pizza oven up their hole back in January.
      That's like a different product, a different shark
      Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post

Thank you.

We are in talks with a practice management app here called JaneApp so this is a great shout, ty.
        The first thing that came to mind when you mentioned developing an app.

Comment

What type of fuckwit sets up midnight presentations to discuss financial maths in australia

<- this fuckwit

going to need those clockwork orange things to keep the eyes open for the talk at this stage.
          "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
            What type of fuckwit sets up midnight presentations to discuss financial maths in australia

<- this fuckwit

going to need those clockwork orange things to keep the eyes open for the talk at this stage.
            Have you solved the problem with your heavy breathing in video presentations?

Comment

I see some of the ships in the queue have started to go the long way ahead. Tough year for logistics. Anyone in that industry deserves a raise imo.

Comment

Thank you.

Back in the glorious days of haircuts, a lot of places use online booking systems. No idea what backend they use though.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

Have you solved the problem with your heavy breathing in video presentations?
                  Has RDIII solved the problem of flat netherlands? Lets get the IPB priorities straight. First we sort out the dutch, then we work on personal problems.

Comment

Use this booking app a fair bit - both here and with other restaurants. https://3leaves.clickandcollection.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                      Lad still hasn't contacted me about my knife. I've been in touch a couple of times to gently enquire.

Ordered it at the end of Nov.

How long do you think I should leave it before telling him to stick it up his bollix?

Or is 4 months (so far) acceptable for something hand crafted?
                      Listen I meant to say this to you before . Those neighbours, (the dodgy ones) do you really think a knife will scare them ?

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

Back in the glorious days of haircuts, a lot of places use online booking systems. No idea what backend they use though.
                        The horrifically named Sugar Daddy use Phorest. I used it before and its quite pleasingly designed. https://phorest.com/book/salons/suga...krock/disabled

I'd imagine the key with these is they could be a lot better than they currently are. Like why not text me five weeks after a haircut saying 'psst want us to book you in for a cut'. Could also remember some client info and use that to ensure decent service no matter which hairdresser is cutting the hair.

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                          Speaking of decor being 'too trendy', what would you think of this? Not to my taste at all, we were offered a viewing on this previously but declined for a few reasons, mainly location - but to my mind that interior is a bit off-putting to most buyers I imagine!
                          Too many statement pieces in the living spaces.
                          People get put off by things that demand attention.

The kitchen/bathroom/garden stuff is grand.
                          As a rule of thumb we try for a clean practical look which is plain enough that people can adapt easily.

Walk in and not have to change anything is the goal.

Last edited by DeeBrown; 25-03-21, 22:26.

Comment

Originally posted by DeeBrown View Post

As a rule of thumb we try for a clean practical look which is plain enough that people can adapt easily.

The fact that the previous owners were wankers shouldn't really make any difference though. Especially when it was only built 4 years ago. The question of Churchtown or Nutgrove as expressed by RD3 is a bit odd to me. Nutgrove is a street(that I live on) which is either Rathfarnham or Churchtown. The site those houses and apartments are on, were where HB and Premier Dairies were, and both were Rathfarnham addresses.

Comment

True, the previous owners taste is irrelevant.
                              Buy a tin of paint if you don't like black walls
                              & they can call the area Timbuktu if they like,
                              ​​​​​​so long as it's close to where you want to live.
                              Last edited by DeeBrown; 25-03-21, 23:18.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

Listen I meant to say this to you before . Those neighbours, (the dodgy ones) do you really think a knife will scare them ?
                                My RPG is stuck in the Suez.
                                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Yeah we have a couple integrations underway for barbers.

It is kinda shocking how little some companies want to integrate.
                                  All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                  The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Yeah we have a couple integrations underway for barbers.

It is kinda shocking how little some companies want to integrate.
                                    I feel I know the guy who set up Phorest (the sugardaddy booking system). Maybe we were in college at the same time. They seem to have done well for themselves, 2000 hairdressing salons from the comfort of their own home. Maybe each salon paying €30-40 a month? for a handy million euros a year in revenue, probably mostly profit, as they surely can't have many running costs.

Comment

I feel I know the guy who set up Phorest (the sugardaddy booking system). Maybe we were in college at the same time. They seem to have done well for themselves, 2000 hairdressing salons from the comfort of their own home. Maybe each salon paying €30-40 a month? for a handy million euros a year in revenue, probably mostly profit, as they surely can't have many running costs.
                                      Hitch man, if you could broker an intro there it would be massssssssssive.

I might even do the designs for your idea for free for you if you do!

Comment

The fact that the previous owners were wankers shouldn't really make any difference though. Especially when it was only built 4 years ago. The question of Churchtown or Nutgrove as expressed by RD3 is a bit odd to me. Nutgrove is a street(that I live on) which is either Rathfarnham or Churchtown. The site those houses and apartments are on, were where HB and Premier Dairies were, and both were Rathfarnham addresses.
                                        Do you remember when Holylands was re-named Mountain View? Having a Rathfarnham address didn't help when you're from Holylands, when they changed it to Mountain View it fooled a few potential employers for a while.

Comment

Speaking of decor being 'too trendy', what would you think of this? Not to my taste at all, we were offered a viewing on this previously but declined for a few reasons, mainly location - but to my mind that interior is a bit off-putting to most buyers I imagine!
                                          Started off with some potential but quickly descends into tacky mix of ideas. Sort of a magpie approach of hoarding shiny knick-knacks.

Although it’s mostly the decor tbf. I’m fully aware styling has an impact on perception - it affects how a place looks considerably. But it's really irrelevant as none of that is gonna be included in the sale. Once you remove the furniture. It's pretty basic tbh. The only issues then are the light fittings and the paint.

Comment

Originally posted by gorrrr72 View Post

Do you remember when Holylands was re-named Mountain View? Having a Rathfarnham address didn't help when you're from Holylands, when they changed it to Mountain View it fooled a few potential employers for a while.
                                            Oh, I do yeah. Though a lot has changed since then, and I'd hope that that kind of snobbery is a shadow of it's former self. Often wonder if the history of the travellers being moved on from the site of Nutgrove Shopping Centre was ever recorded, can't really trust my memory of it.

Comment

Too many statement pieces in the living spaces.
                                              People get put off by things that demand attention.

The kitchen/bathroom/garden stuff is grand.

Walk in and not have to change anything is the goal.
                                              It must be a thing that gaudy homes are undervalued? People don't warm to it, can't see themselves there, when the reality is that most of the stuff will be gone, and the walls can be repainted?

Comment

Always thought Nutgrove was a distinct area? It has its own shopping centre.

i.e. between Ballinteer, Rathfarnham, Dundrum and Churchtown
                                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

It even has its own wikipedia page.

Nutgrove (Irish: Ceathrú an Notaigh) is an area in Churchtown, County Dublin.

It is a suburban area at the foot of the Dublin mountains between Churchtown and Rathfarnham around the Nutgrove Shopping Centre.

It used to be the home of HB, an ice cream company in Ireland.

Comment

It's definitely a phenomenon all over Dublin, people (especially when trying to sell property) claiming to be located in a more desirable area than they actually are. I'm sure it happens everywhere, it's relatively harmless and quite funny to watch.
                                                    We know somebody who will very forecfully insist she lives in one place, when she's nowhere near it. Maybe an Irish version of Hyacinth Bucket?

340?cb=20110519214122.jpg

Comment

If any BBV readers can think of any businesses that you've booked online, or ay businesses that use acuity or squarespace I would MASSIVELY appreciate it.

Here is an example of the squarespace/acuity UI to see if it jogs a memory.

Clients can quickly view your real-time availability and self-book their own appointments—and even pay online, reschedule with a click, and eliminate 100% of the drudgery. (Official term.)

Fresha - https://www.fresha.com/providers/men...eland-u3je0bha

Comment

It must be a thing that gaudy homes are undervalued? People don't warm to it, can't see themselves there, when the reality is that most of the stuff will be gone, and the walls can be repainted?
                                                        Easy to paint the walls but I can't imagine how long it would take to exorcise 'poor oul' Sinead from a house.... Imagine waking up in the night and thinking you are in the room where she was banging John Waters
                                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

It's definitely a phenomenon all over Dublin, people (especially when trying to sell property) claiming to be located in a more desirable area than they actually are. I'm sure it happens everywhere, it's relatively harmless and quite funny to watch.
                                                          We know somebody who will very forecfully insist she lives in one place, when she's nowhere near it. Maybe an Irish version of Hyacinth Bucket?

340?cb=20110519214122.jpg
                                                          Which brings me to... why was Dublin 6West created?

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post
                                                            Which brings me to... why was Dublin 6West created?
                                                            They didn't want to be in Dublin 24

Comment

Actually, while not being an avid Ross O'Carroll Kelly reader, I remember laughing long and hard at how close to the mark he hit with this bit about his mother and her friends trying to stop the Green Line linking up with the Red I am 100% there was much gnashing of teeth and tearing out of hair at the possibility of Northsiders/Westsiders gaining access to the Dundrum Town Centre and other such bastions of the well-heeled.

Back to something else mentioned, I think that Foxrock definitely has the most liberties taken with its borders. Houses well into Deansgrange are given Foxrock addresses. Likewise those in Cornelscourt and Cabinteely. I believe there's similar liberties taken with Knocklyon?

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post

They didn't want to be in Dublin 24
                                                                the other thing that is weird, why do the postal districts abruptly cease south of Dublin 4?

As in, you get to RTE on the N11 and suddenly everything is in County Dublin (even though, you're very close to the city centre and well inside the M50? e.g.UCD, Stillorgan, Blackrock, Mount Merrion etc
                                                                No other area in the city is postcode-free. Guess it doesn't matter any more with Eircodes.

Comment

I knew someone who lived on Malahide Road, Swords. If they clambered up onto railings of fire escape of their building they could see the Sea if they stood on tippy toes.
                                                                  Used to get a lot of smirks when they spoke about loving life in Malahide and being so great to have a sea view
                                                                  Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                  https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

the other thing that is weird, why do the postal districts abruptly cease south of Dublin 4?

As in, you get to RTE on the N11 and suddenly everything is in County Dublin (even though, you're very close to the city centre and well inside the M50? e.g.UCD, Stillorgan, Blackrock, Mount Merrion etc
                                                                    No other area in the city is postcode-free. Guess it doesn't matter any more with Eircodes.
                                                                    Vague recollection of it being something to do with however Rathdown was connected to Dublin as a whole. Should have paid more attention to my local history

Comment

Easy to paint the walls but I can't imagine how long it would take to exorcise 'poor oul' Sinead from a house.... Imagine waking up in the night and thinking you are in the room where she was banging John Waters
                                                                      I'd say the morning breakfast conversations were far out .

About last night Sinead , you er nearly got me when you were stabbing the pillow with the scissors.

Comment

Dublin County Councils border
                                                                        was approximately Trimbleston/Foster Avenues.
                                                                        The old borough of Dun Laoighaire began from there running South.
                                                                        The area within outside DCC
                                                                        became County Dublin for postal proposes.

Comment

Bread 41 on Pearse Street
                                                                          is the nuts for pastries in Dublin.

They seem to operate on the basis of opening early and shutting the door
                                                                          when the shelves are empty so move fast.
                                                                          Also the person's chosen favorite! Thanks for the go early tip! Can't think there'd be much left if I went mod morning as planned!
                                                                          @tar will try your vegan treats another day, they look class
                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

She's only been in Bray for a few years. Used to deliver to her gaff in Dun Laoghaire around 8 years ago. The statue of the virgin Mary on the doorstep was a bit freaky.

Comment

Actually, while not being an avid Ross O'Carroll Kelly reader, I remember laughing long and hard at how close to the mark he hit with this bit about his mother and her friends trying to stop the Green Line linking up with the Red I am 100% there was much gnashing of teeth and tearing out of hair at the possibility of Northsiders/Westsiders gaining access to the Dundrum Town Centre and other such bastions of the well-heeled.

Back to something else mentioned, I think that Foxrock definitely has the most liberties taken with its borders. Houses well into Deansgrange are given Foxrock addresses. Likewise those in Cornelscourt and Cabinteely. I believe there's similar liberties taken with Knocklyon?
                                                                              Knocklyon is well boundaried using certain roads, schools wouldnt take any prisoners either on the boundary. Our address used to be Templeogue before it became a proper area here in the early 80s housing increase which brough a church, school & shopping centre.

Comment

Does anyone know much about the EIIS scheme for tax rebates on investments to qualifying Irish startups?

Looks like a HUGE no brainer, getting 40% back over two years on your initial investment - €1k investment becomes a €600 exposure.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

Knocklyon is well boundaried using certain roads, schools wouldnt take any prisoners either on the boundary. Our address used to be Templeogue before it became a proper area here in the early 80s housing increase which brough a church, school & shopping centre.
                                                                                  They need more amenities north of Knocklyon. Svalu Knocklyon is going to burst with the amount of people that frequent it. All them new housing estates in "Ballycullen" have really made it a populous area. They're not finished building either (Good thing) but Jesus get them their own shops and garage. Some Bottleneck for traffic outside Woodstown. When the School Run / Morning Bad Weather rush hour gets back there will be some frustration.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                                                                    Does anyone know much about the EIIS scheme for tax rebates on investments to qualifying Irish startups?

Looks like a HUGE no brainer, getting 40% back over two years on your initial investment - €1k investment becomes a €600 exposure.
                                                                                    I remember looking at it before with loads of enthusiasm and then thinking they'd made it far too complicated. Maybe Tar has dabbled?

Comment

Applied to taxback.com - ticked a few boxes - and they're now promising to send me €12k in back taxes. It all seems unlikely, so we'll see. I suspect no tax authority goes around offering €12k cheques for perfunctory ticking of boxes. But if you too might also be owed tax, taxback seem very good.

Comment

Applied to taxback.com - ticked a few boxes - and they're now promising to send me €12k in back taxes. It all seems unlikely, so we'll see. I suspect no tax authority goes around offering €12k cheques for perfunctory ticking of boxes. But if you too might also be owed tax, taxback seem very good.

Yeah but if tax bae calls you then who cares right? The comments on their social media ads with her are gas. Tax bae already a meme like FÁS girl albeit it on a smaller scale.

I've never used the service as I never had much tax back to claim and it wasn't too difficult to use the self service option on revenue's site. The revenue app is handy for uploading pictures of receipts.

Comment

R&D Tax credits also v useful in that regard, can claim retrospectively too, where some of these challenge funds you would be long bypassed by others if you were relying on them as part of your business plan.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                            Question for the knowledgeable BBV, I wanted to pick up some pastries, cakes etc for someone this week, their favourite place is Queen Of Tarts, but they dont seem to be open for takeaway. Does anyone know the best place for such things thats open for takeaway at the moment?
                                                                                            Originally posted by DeeBrown
                                                                                            Bread 41 on Pearse Street
                                                                                            is the nuts for pastries in Dublin.

They seem to operate on the basis of opening early and shutting the door
                                                                                            when the shelves are empty so move fast.
                                                                                            The clever people order online the day before and go straight to the collections hatch the next morning at their appointed time and wave at all the suckers queuing as they head off with their delicious pastries
                                                                                            Last edited by Lao Lao; 26-03-21, 15:17.

Comment

Lao Lao we need updates on your job and the Suez Canal before you can comment on anything else please.

Theresa, my club use Chronogolf for golf bookings, maybe one to check out.

Comment

Mindbody booking system for wellness, fitness, and beauty.

Comment

filedata/fetch?id=1690819&d=1616769886&type=thumb They never let you through
                                                                                                  You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                                                                                                  This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                                                                                                    Lao Lao we need updates on your job and the Suez Canal before you can comment on anything else please.

Theresa, my club use Chronogolf for golf bookings, maybe one to check out.
                                                                                                    Seeing, as you, the former DUAL CHAMPION, are there: the 2021 IPB Aintree Tipping Comp is open for business. With added novelty NAPS competition. WIN! WIN! WIN!!

Elbows has promised not to wreck our buzz this time.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                                      I liked RDIII's "weirdly flat" observation on Holland and imagined him in a Lao Lao offer negotiation stand off. "Have you accepted the position yet Raoul?" "No, the ball is still in their court about the country being weirdly flat!"

My job saga runs on

After telling my boss on Tuesday this week that I wasn't changing my mind and if the offer wasn't the same, it was a no from me, I thought it was done and dusted.

Then this morning, I get a call from the guy doing the hiring looking to touch base with me on the role, to run through where we are and how we should probably see if we can get to a figure that I won't happy with and that they also won't be happy but that could see me take the job as they think I'm the perfect fit for the role and can I get back to him with a figure.

I know any figure I go back with will be countered and I am not taking the role for something I am not happy with.

I'm sorely tempted to just withdraw my application but that wouldn't look good long term so I need go around the merry go round once again, give them a range again and tell them my lowest level that I am willing to go to, again, let them counter lower and then tell them, thanks but no thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post

My job saga runs on

After telling my boss on Tuesday this week that I wasn't changing my mind and if the offer wasn't the same, it was a no from me, I thought it was done and dusted.

Then this morning, I get a call from the guy doing the hiring looking to touch base with me on the role, to run through where we are and how we should probably see if we can get to a figure that I won't happy with and that they also won't be happy but that could see me take the job as they think I'm the perfect fit for the role and can I get back to him with a figure.

I know any figure I go back with will be countered and I am not taking the role for something I am not happy with.

I'm sorely tempted to just withdraw my application but that wouldn't look good long term so I need go around the merry go round once again, give them a range again and tell them my lowest level that I am willing to go to, again, let them counter lower and then tell them, thanks but no thanks.
                                                                                                        why don't you be this explicit with them?

i.e. "this is my number, I wouldn't consider taking the job for less so please don't waste both our time by offering"

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post

My job saga runs on

Just tell him the minimum number you'll accept and tell him he can spin it how he likes from a "negotiation" perspective with ranges etc...

Btw this is good progress. Things are going your way, Just stay strong now and bring it home...
                                                                                                          ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post

Just tell him the minimum number you'll accept and tell him he can spin it how he likes from a "negotiation" perspective with ranges etc...

Btw this is good progress. Things are going your way, Just stay strong now and bring it home...
                                                                                                            he'll get to 'Vice President for Suez' if he's not careful...

Comment

I see some of the ships in the queue have started to go the long way ahead. Tough year for logistics. Anyone in that industry deserves a raise imo.
                                                                                                              Screw you Denny

This is just another cluster fuck in a long run of cluster fucks over the last 12-15 months.

You know things are royally fucked, when your industry, one that is fairly anonymous to the larger public at best, is all over the main stream news.

The chaos and potential fallout from this is huge. We're already at an all time low for global schedule reliability with it down at circa 30% and that out of the almost 70% of all vessels globally that are delay, the average time they are delayed has increased by almost double. This shit show will only make it worse and then some;

We will have a small lull in vessels arriving into Europe and then once this is cleared, we will have a shit load all arriving at pretty much the same time which will cause major congestion. The fact that no vessels are arriving for a period of time, means that no export cargo from Europe heading back down the Suez will be going anywhere so there will be backlogs there. We've already seen one shipping line put a full booking stop in place ex Europe to APAC for any new bookings - More backlogs and congestion!

In addition, shipping lines have been trying to send as many empty containers back to Asia as they can to try meet the demand coming out of there. That will be delayed so we will possibly start to run into more equipment shortages ex Asia which will cause further backlogs and congestion

It's like a never ending cycle at the minute

The facts of this incident are still not clear as to what exactly happened - There have been stories of A)The wind catching the vessel, B)The vessel losing power and drifting/caught by the wind or C) somebody making a monumental fuck up.

Personally, I think B is the most likely. Bizarrely, vessels lose power more often than you would think and if that did happen, it could easily drift and with a container stack as high as it is on a 20,000 TEU vessel, the wind could play a bit part in it too.

Another element that may cause some problems is that the shipping line, Evergreen, don't own the vessel, it's chartered. I'm hoping this doesn't make it an issue but in the latest press release I saw from the shipping line, it was very much, the owners are doing X, the owners are looking at trying to solve it by doing Y, the owners said crew are OK, etc - Maybe, I'm reading too much into that though

They already had about 10 tugs out there trying to refloat it and they have diggers on site too but all to no avail so far. there is two specialist salvage teams on their way - One from Raoul's spiritual flat home of the Netherlands and one from Japan. I'm not sure when they are due to arrive but these lads aren't cheap and the costs are racking up so they will most likely claim General Average on it which is another nightmare to deal with although can sometimes be used to sell insurance - Every cloud!!

Last edited by Lao Lao; 26-03-21, 15:57.

Comment

All I hear is that they do a fierce amount of tugging in Lao's industry...and people talk about bankers.

Comment

Did I see mentioned someone had an Eames chair? Are the replica ones any way decent?
                                                                                                                  TOOMOO Leather Recliner with Ottoman, Mid Century Genuine Leather Recliner Chair Chaise with 8-Layer Walnut Wood and Aluminum Base for Bedroom Living Room Lounge Office (Red Palisander + Black): Amazon.co.uk: Kitchen & Home

Comment

I'm half expecting Elon Musk to offer one of his rockets, and then call everyone a paedo when he's told to gtfo.

Comment

Music King round 7 - Theme Time Radio Hour will wind up at 8pm tonight and the loser will miss out on the weekend final!

Give it a vote if you can, it's might close.

Comment

woohoo, just booked the belfry for early july. playing both saturday afternoon and sunday morning on 2 of their courses. already nervous just thinking about it! Never played anything at this level. gonna need to practice big time before then

Comment

I have this one, 'tis mighty. Would recommend this crew both for service and quality (lady who runs it is Irish, but UK based)

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X