This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

Its Youth Defence that fund gript. I wouldn't give them the satisfaction of publicity tbh
    Ugh, thanks for the heads up.
    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Its Youth Defence that fund gript. I wouldn't give them the satisfaction of publicity tbh
      That’s a shame, hopefully someone else picks it up and I can enjoy them hounding her out of public life.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post

That’s a shame, hopefully someone else picks it up and I can enjoy them hounding her out of public life.
        oh absolutely.
        "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

OK.

7,748 per the google stats. so I'm on the unders, you're on the overs and you need an average 553 cases per day.

Beat that if you can.

Note; I reserve the right to disqualify you if I hear of you hosting house parties and coughing on people.

This seems somewhat of a bad taste wager but hey free money is not to be sneezed or coughed at.
          Just checking on this and it might be closer than we thought. 11-16 Mar is 3075 cases, or 512.5 per day so I'm running ahead but your traveller funerals\St Patricks Day parties\general idiocy factor is well in your favour.

Closer than the Cheltenham Tipping Comp anyway.
          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post

gript pretending to be concerned by racism is interesting. They'll be bleating on about how bad cancel culture is when one of their own gets caught out

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
              filedata/fetch?id=1689648&d=1615854679&type=thumb The just dont give a damn these people. Would ya look at Temple Bar. You would swear there was no pandemic .
              EarthCam is taking viewers to the heart of Dublin, Ireland with its live streaming webcams! Perched on top of the Temple Bar Pharmacy, experience the energy and excitement of this popular city.
              Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

The Gunner Murphy 2.45 DownRoyal

Comment

My first single is released on Spotify today! https://open.spotify.com/track/1Al2h...S5yCmY41I4tAjg

I think I put the demo here originally.

Comment

Herbert park apparently

EwsEOF-XMAI9bOl?format=jpg&name=4096x4096.jpg
                    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post

gript pretending to be concerned by racism is interesting. They'll be bleating on about how bad cancel culture is when one of their own gets caught out
                        I am sure that they have a vendetta against her and that her current incarnation is very much protesting everything they believe in. I am also sure that her victims alliance pals are digging round for dirt at the moment to throw back. Where you find something worse than the pro Catholic Church, anti progress stance they have taken up while covering up for pedo’s and victim shaming.

Either way 2 parties that can tear each other apart and whoever comes out on top it doesn’t matter as they both look terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                          My first single is released on Spotify today! https://open.spotify.com/track/1Al2h...S5yCmY41I4tAjg

This is fantastic HJ. Lovely song, great production. Varied and progressive, doesn't outstay its welcome and sets a high standard - got anymore in the bag?

Comment

A walrus in Kerry.

The world is in a state of chassis.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post

This is fantastic HJ. Lovely song, great production. Varied and progressive, doesn't outstay its welcome and sets a high standard - got anymore in the bag?
                              Thanks Benny! That's high praise coming from you

I'll have a song every two weeks for the next little while.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post

Very enjoyable alright. Well done HJ.

Comment

Not usually a fan of drill but this slaps!

From Bawnogue/Clondalkin...!

Comment

That's incredible. The strings are beautiful.

You should have signed up to MK and submitted it. Would have been a nice reveal.

Comment

A walrus in Kerry.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post

There were various riffs on the Fangii theme but I thought this was the best name

Comment

A walrus in Kerry.

It's the new Fungie.
                                          No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

There were no speeches in Herbert park, according to the RTE news

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

Looking forward to the day when the Tesla investors realise VW is the company they thought Tesla was.
                                              That was quick. It's up about 25% since this.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

That was quick. It's up about 25% since this.
                                                Lots of big announcements by VW recently.

Comment

The VW plan does look pretty spectacular. And it's hard to imagine the Germans setting out a plan they wouldn't be confident of implementing.

Comment

10 years running my own business today. You'd think I'd be rich by now FFS

Comment

The VW plan does look pretty spectacular. And it's hard to imagine the Germans setting out a plan they wouldn't be confident of implementing.
                                                      Operation Barbarossa

Comment

Originally posted by dinekes View Post

Bonkers.ie you can check all available suppliers, click on detail of price plan then click on electricity charges. It shows the price per kWH and the standing charges.
                                                        Once you know your usage it's an easy comparison.

I would prefer to do the maths on this rather than just taking the "estimated yearly bill amount" that they provide as it's based on average use of 4200kwh PA

NB - some providers have extra offers like cashback etc so you can just factor that in at the end.

Not the answer you were looking for I know.
                                                        Im an agent for business customers so dont deal with domestic.(for a number if reasons just in case anyone thinks I'm missing out on an easy upsell)

And good youre back on, hope the running is going well!

Cheers for the heads up.

Running has been going okay but not really making any progress other than getting the kilometers in. Went out for a solo run this morning around my area, not really sure I like running on main roads etc, too much noise, feels stop start trying to cross roads.

Lot to be said for running in the park.
                                                        "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

That is most excellent really like it. Best wishes sir

Comment

Thanks Benny! That's high praise coming from you

I'll have a song every two weeks for the next little while.
                                                            nice track HJ, just as an FYI, you can also be found on tidal!!

Comment

For the audiophiles here who's using what for music? I've got a Spotfiy account and some of my mates have been taking about how the quality wasn't all that (turned out they hadn't changed some of the default settings) so I was Googling Spotify vs Amazon Music vs Apple Music vs Tidal.

For me I'm mostly listening to it when out walking or in the house on a Bose speaker or else through my Macbook. I know some of the headphone makers have better audio codecs than others so that does play a part. I've seen Shrap talk about Tidal and I seen there kbps are through the roof for quality.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                For the audiophiles here who's using what for music? I've got a Spotfiy account and some of my mates have been taking about how the quality wasn't all that (turned out they hadn't changed some of the default settings) so I was Googling Spotify vs Amazon Music vs Apple Music vs Tidal.

For me I'm mostly listening to it when out walking or in the house on a Bose speaker or else through my Macbook. I know some of the headphone makers have better audio codecs than others so that does play a part. I've seen Shrap talk about Tidal and I seen there kbps are through the roof for quality.
                                                                really happy with Tidal, Been using it for a good few months now and master quality tracks are phenomenal. do a search for tidal in this thread and Bennyhifi does a fantastic analysis of the quality that only he could really! in terms of interface it's got the exact same feel as spotify, and even though there was a lot of bitching and moaning from the rest of the family when i switched over, everyone seems happy with it now (you can import all your faves and playlists over from spotify very easily).

Comment

V v nice stuff!! Looking forward to the next drop
                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

Royal kahala 4.15 Cheltenham

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                      25 years since I quit a 20 year career as a tax collector or as you call it self employment. Never had a single moments regret.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                        You have 10 more years of knowledge inside that big head of yours
                                                                        who needs to be rich

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

25 years since I quit a 20 year career as a tax collector or as you call it self employment. Never had a single moments regret.
                                                                          45 years working. Any thoughts of retirement, or did you start aged 12?

Comment

582 cases. A few more points for Hitch.

The AZ "benefits outweigh risks" statement has me wanting to get either Pfizer or Moderna.

Comment

The AZ "benefits outweigh risks" statement has me wanting to get either Pfizer or Moderna.
                                                                              Hitch needs to run at ~600 a day for the next 6 days, and there's a weekend in there which usually means lower numbers. I'd say I'm a 1/3 shot at this stage and yes, I will not be magnanimous in victory.

Comment

New round of Music King voting now open - 7 tracks of Irish music for you to enjoy and critique!

Comment

Phew...its may have something to do with "the pill", looks like we are ok boys !
                                                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

45 years working. Any thoughts of retirement, or did you start aged 12?
                                                                                    Started working at 8 or 9 and I'm not messing, by the time I was 12 I was doing some proper work as a valve jockey repairing radios and TV's amongst other things. It wasn't like a job or anything I was made do, it was just work that you chipped into at home same as anyone on a farm or whatever.

Won't want to retire but I expect if I hang on in the job I'm in I'll be fckd out when my contract expires at 65. Nothing to do with not having the huge pension pot I would like to have but I find it hard to imagine not working into my mid 70's if I have health on my side and I can find something suitable to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

Started working at 8 or 9 and I'm not messing, by the time I was 12 I was doing some proper work as a valve jockey repairing radios and TV's amongst other things. It wasn't like a job or anything I was made do, it was just work that you chipped into at home same as anyone on a farm or whatever.

Won't want to retire but I expect if I hang on in the job I'm in I'll be fckd out when my contract expires at 65. Nothing to do with not having the huge pension pot I would like to have but I find it hard to imagine not working into my mid 70's if I have health on my side and I can find something suitable to do.
                                                                                      I'd retire tomorrow if I could
                                                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Pray for Hotspur

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

I'd retire tomorrow if I could
                                                                                          I'd retire from my industry tomorrow if I could too.

But I'd definitely find something else to do. It'd be great to be able to have a job where any money you might earn would be secondary to job satisfaction plus the ability to choose how much\little you want to work.

Comment

Pray for Hotspur
                                                                                            FFS.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post

FFS.
                                                                                              You are battle hardened from decades of this though right

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

You are battle hardened from decades of this though right
                                                                                                Indeed. It was a very Spursy performance.

Comment

I'd retire from my industry tomorrow if I could too.

But I'd definitely find something else to do. It'd be great to be able to have a job where any money you might earn would be secondary to job satisfaction plus the ability to choose how much\little you want to work.
                                                                                                  This 100%

Comment

I just noticed that the total US deaths from Covid have surpassed the combined deaths from WWI and WWII
                                                                                                    Apologies RDIII if you have already relayed this not so fun fact. I recall you were tracking the impact verses the major wars.

Comment

I have a video on my phone that I want to lift the audio from to create a . wav file. That possible?

Edit, sorted.

Comment

Can't edit that post. Got sorted.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                          I have a video on my phone that I want to lift the audio from to create a . wav file. That possible?
                                                                                                          A .wav file. Are you creating it for someone in 1997?

Comment

Hitch needs to run at ~600 a day for the next 6 days, and there's a weekend in there which usually means lower numbers. I'd say I'm a 1/3 shot at this stage and yes, I will not be magnanimous in victory.
                                                                                                            nah, I'd say we'll have an 800 plus day in there. Its all on the way. You're stuck in your linear corporate box way of thinking, this thing goes to the moon like dogecoin.

Comment

Frontal Assault E/W. 4.50 Cheltenham

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                                                I just noticed that the total US deaths from Covid have surpassed the combined deaths from WWI and WWII
                                                                                                                Apologies RDIII if you have already relayed this not so fun fact. I recall you were tracking the impact verses the major wars.
                                                                                                                I certainly have.

It now exceeds the US combat deaths from WW1, WW2, Korea, Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan plus the Confederate side in the Civil War.

Throw in the Spanish-American War, the Philippines conflict and the war of 1812 for the craic too.

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post

A .wav file. Are you creating it for someone in 1997?
                                                                                                                  I want to email someone audio only of a video I took, figured wav would be the best format, no?

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

I want to email someone audio only of a video I took, figured wav would be the best format, no?
                                                                                                                    have you VLC installed you can do it quite easily in powershell or something

or this might work
                                                                                                                    Video to mp3 converter. Extract audio from video files online. No software to install and 100% free!
                                                                                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Some cracking draws in the champion leagues
                                                                                                                      Liverpool v real Madrid
                                                                                                                      PSG v Bryan Munich
                                                                                                                      Chelsea v Porto
                                                                                                                      Man city v Dortmund
                                                                                                                      No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

nah, I'd say we'll have an 800 plus day in there. Its all on the way. You're stuck in your linear corporate box way of thinking, this thing goes to the moon like dogecoin.
                                                                                                                        Heard on the radio this morning that the R rate is up from 0.8 to 1.1 and close contacts from 2 to 2.6 compared to last month. When I go looking for source data of those figures I can't find any info.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

have you VLC installed you can do it quite easily in powershell or something

or this might work
                                                                                                                          https://www.freeconvert.com/convert/video-to-mp3
                                                                                                                          Cheers dude, I found a free method online.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X