Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haven't been able to access the site for ages through Chrome but for some reason Firefox seems to work.

Hope y'all have been doing good & keeping well
    "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

The business may need to run on those days, doesn't mean the same staff have to be there. That's them making more profit off less people or business by poor design. Are they at least giving you a cool name?

VSsraek.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post

The role is pretty bespoke so impossible to get an exact replica elsewhere but I've already explained that I have done some research and advised what similar roles would be paying elsewhere. I even gave them a decent spread where I would have taken the lower amount to allow them to be seen to be getting a deal had they countered.

If I took the role, there would be at least 3, possibly four other people ahead of me in the pecking order for the next promotion. That's not to say, I couldn't close the gap by ripping it up in the new role but it's certainly not a case of do well here and you're on the way.

The plot has thickened somewhat as the HR manager for Ireland just rang me to say, they just heard I got offered the role and to say well done. Now the HR manager and my boss are in constant communication every day plus they know everything and I mean everything that goes on in here so there is no way they only found out that I got offered the job last week.

As soon as I said that I was offered it but turned it down, they immediately asked if the money wasn't enough followed by how that I would be so good in the role, blah, blah, blah - a slightly watered down version of the spiel out of my boss earlier.

I feel like it's turning into a scene from 'Allo 'Allo

That would be the dream in most jobs and I'd happily work a four day week over more money but it's sadly not really practical in this industry.
        It’s a tricky for sure but you have let them know your price and they know what they will be getting for it. Just have to wait to see if they will go for it.

It looks like you have done the right stuff on your end so whichever way it ends up you can feel fine about it.

Comment

For those of you who are dashing, suave, handsome and adventurous types, the IPB Cheltenham Tipping Comp is now worth a staggering €1,750 to the winner. Still just about enough time to join this exclusive list and be in a free draw to win membership of the Horsehead Elite*.

SPOILER
          rigged obv.
          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
            The business may need to run on those days, doesn't mean the same staff have to be there. That's them making more profit off less people or business by poor design. Are they at least giving you a cool name?

VSsraek.jpg
            Big Auto really can't crush Tesla fast enough for my liking....

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post

My guys in France still work a 5 day week, or at least they are in the office for a full 5 days, working might be a bit of a stretch

While I agree that if society as a whole decides that a four day week is the way forward, things can chance, we still have staff working bank holidays, including Stephens Day, Paddy's Day, etc - Christmas Day is the only day we are all definitely off except when you are trying to move urgent cargo and spend a few hours of Christmas morning on the phone to China trying to sort it out, oh, that was fun.
              Yeah most people work the full five days and then accumulate a days extra holidays every two weeks. But it's the same thing really.
              "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

The only thing I can add is 'remember to switch provider every year'.
                This is something I've been thinking about since the other day. I was looking on the likes of switcher.ie and see there's a bunch of different options for electricity and was wondering has anybody here done research on what's the best deal/offer going?

Seen there's a evening/day rate and also talk of a smart meter which reads things individually?

Comment

Spain are going to trial a 4 day workweek.

Comment

Also shrapnel & Denny Crane would be interested in hearing your info for links.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                      Also shrapnel & Denny Crane would be interested in hearing your info for links.
                      Pm sent

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                        Spain are going to trial a 4 day workweek.
                        how would they know?

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

ah. so if you want say an individual match you can do it in a few days?
                          Not until 2022. They are only selling city or follow your team packages this year.
                          No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

MK March Madness Round 3 - Live in Concert!

Hurry up, the gig's just started and you don't want to miss the support act. Voting open until tomorrow evening.

Comment

This is something I've been thinking about since the other day. I was looking on the likes of switcher.ie and see there's a bunch of different options for electricity and was wondering has anybody here done research on what's the best deal/offer going?

Seen there's a evening/day rate and also talk of a smart meter which reads things individually?
                              Those sites usually tell you what is best for you based on your own usage, bonkers etc. There are day and night meters in a lot of places which changes the best deal.
                              Worth checking with your provider before you switch too. I checked and there was no deal as good as the one I was on (30% off with Energia which had expired), so I contacted them saying I would switch unless I got a deal, ended up haggling back to the one I already had which was better than any alternative.

Comment

Bonkers.ie you can check all available suppliers, click on detail of price plan then click on electricity charges. It shows the price per kWH and the standing charges.
                                Once you know your usage it's an easy comparison.

I would prefer to do the maths on this rather than just taking the "estimated yearly bill amount" that they provide as it's based on average use of 4200kwh PA

NB - some providers have extra offers like cashback etc so you can just factor that in at the end.

Not the answer you were looking for I know.
                                Im an agent for business customers so dont deal with domestic.(for a number if reasons just in case anyone thinks I'm missing out on an easy upsell)

And good youre back on, hope the running is going well!

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                  Nice bit of betting there Duke, money shouldnt come that easy
                                  Maybe I can get this minted as an NFT with the winnings.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

Maybe I can get this minted as an NFT with the winnings.
                                    I should have done it on hospital cases, shouldnt' I?

Comment

Major accountancy firm and they can't manage an expense account. FFS. More likely a tax dodge gone wrong.

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Anyone here using Microsoft Teams?
                                        My account acting up & I'm fairly sure it isn't my fault.

Comment

Something nasty I jury in the Wolves game . Not showing it on TV .

Comment

Originally posted by DeeBrown View Post
                                            Anyone here using Microsoft Teams?
                                            My account acting up & I'm fairly sure it isn't my fault.
                                            Global issue atm i believe.

Comment

yo, where HSP?

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Big Auto really can't crush Tesla fast enough for my liking....
                                                Looking forward to the day when the Tesla investors realise VW is the company they thought Tesla was.

Comment

Lao Lao story sounds crazy. Seems crazy that a business would be that short sighted when things are running beyond capacity.

Comment

filedata/fetch?id=1689648&d=1615854679&type=thumb The just dont give a damn these people. Would ya look at Temple Bar. You would swear there was no pandemic .
                                                    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                                                    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                      Major accountancy firm and they can't manage an expense account. FFS. More likely a tax dodge gone wrong.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crim...raud-1.4511232
                                                      These firms have just become away for government to provide stipends to a select group. I really can't fathom why they are allowed to continue pretending to audit things.....

Comment

Has anyone used addresspal to get something shipped from USA recently?

Paid custom charges yesterday and I'm wondering roughly how long it takes to deliver.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                                          Has anyone used addresspal to get something shipped from USA recently?

Paid custom charges yesterday and I'm wondering roughly how long it takes to deliver.
                                                          I use it pretty regularly. I actually paid customs on one yesterday too from the US.

Generally once that's done, it will take a day to leave Customs, go to sorting in Park West then on to your regional distribution.

So at the point of paying customs to delivery is approx 3 working days. I'd be hopeful for Friday, it can be a little slow to update so don't worry if it hasnt done so yet.

My most recent was paid customs on Feb 26th, sorted in Park West on Feb 28th, Regional distribution March 1st and delivered March 2nd

I intended to use it yesterday which is why I asked for the VPN. I was going to buy a set of PXG's straight from headquarters as they are selling the entry model at $99 an iron.

I can't seem to get the ID to be included but I'll see if I can figure it out.
                                                          Last edited by Guest; 16-03-21, 08:32.

Comment

Any last, last-minute entries for the IPB Cheltenham Tipping Compwould want to get moving pronto.

Currently €1,750 up for grabs.

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post

I use it pretty regularly. I actually paid customs on one yesterday too from the US.

Generally once that's done, it will take a day to leave Customs, go to sorting in Park West then on to your regional distribution.

So at the point of paying customs to delivery is approx 3 working days. I'd be hopeful for Friday, it can be a little slow to update so don't worry if it hasnt done so yet.

My most recent was paid customs on Feb 26th, sorted in Park West on Feb 28th, Regional distribution March 1st and delivered March 2nd

I intended to use it yesterday which is why I asked for the VPN. I was going to buy a set of PXG's straight from headquarters as they are selling the entry model at $99 an iron.

I can't seem to get the ID to be included but I'll see if I can figure it out.

That's a ridiculously cheap price for PXG irons. I always heard they were at least €200+ a pop, same for wedges. I'd say even with customs charges it's well worth it. I've a 21' UT X forged (old model), PM grind lob wedge and a gap wedge to match my Mizuno iron set en route from Callaway pre-owned. Something weird with the labelling/value of the box as I only had to pay €15 odd in charges and the contents were inspected as 2 items rather 3. Was expecting somewhere in €50-70 range. Hope all is ok anyway.

I was laughing with my mates recently as I've spent a decent amount on clubs with the exception of the putter. All clubs are used or the previous model on big discount. I've two old Odyssey 2 ball putters that I got for €50 and €15 (Both 10+ years old). I absolutely love both of them and I'm actually starting to prefer the cheaper one now. Trimmed both shafts from 35" -> 33" and put on new grips. I think I'm done with club purchases for the year. I'll probably look at custom fitting for Driver and/or Irons next year. Fingers crossed we can get back out in April!

Comment

If Jesus had a dog !

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users like ARussianAndHisBike.
                                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

Dutch police dealing with prohibited anti-lockdown protest. Pretty heavy handed but makes me think of George Nkencho standoff.
                                                                  Not sure if I would opt of dog or shield when kitting up.

Comment

That's a ridiculously cheap price for PXG irons. I always heard they were at least €200+ a pop, same for wedges. I'd say even with customs charges it's well worth it. I've a 21' UT X forged (old model), PM grind lob wedge and a gap wedge to match my Mizuno iron set en route from Callaway pre-owned. Something weird with the labelling/value of the box as I only had to pay €15 odd in charges and the contents were inspected as 2 items rather 3. Was expecting somewhere in €50-70 range. Hope all is ok anyway.

I was laughing with my mates recently as I've spent a decent amount on clubs with the exception of the putter. All clubs are used or the previous model on big discount. I've two old Odyssey 2 ball putters that I got for €50 and €15 (Both 10+ years old). I absolutely love both of them and I'm actually starting to prefer the cheaper one now. Trimmed both shafts from 35" -> 33" and put on new grips. I think I'm done with club purchases for the year. I'll probably look at custom fitting for Driver and/or Irons next year. Fingers crossed we can get back out in April!
                                                                    PXG UK will do them at about £119 but you'll pay customs on them so figured why not order from US if I'll be paying Customs anyway.
                                                                    They're the 0211, not the 0311 which is similar to something like the SIM irons vs P790s.

You should be fine, it's actually a putter I have on the way, this recent one was bought used but the last one was new from manufacturer and instead of being charged 100e+, I was charged 11e and it arrived fine.

I might try Callaway pre owned. I'm after a set of cheap irons with the intention of maybe getting fitted next year.
                                                                    I was very confident for April up until a few weeks ago but I wouldn't be surprised if it fell either way now

Comment

Was up north for Irish Open in Portstewart in 2017. Played Ballyreagh pitch and putt course. Got some 40 year old hire clubs off your man and off we went. Absolutely could not miss with the double faced ancient putter he gave me. Shot -3 for 18 holes.

Comment

Was up north for Irish Open in Portstewart in 2017. Played Ballyreagh pitch and putt course. Got some 40 year old hire clubs off your man and off we went. Absolutely could not miss with the double faced ancient putter he gave me. Shot -3 for 18 holes.
                                                                        Love it. I've the original epic driver which is 4 years old now and was curious about upgrading to the latest model or a different brand even. All the tests I've seen on Youtube have shown that any driver from the 5 or 6 years has little difference to the next in terms of distance or forgiveness. Despite what the marketing spiel says, you don't get an extra 20 yards and all this extra magical forgiveness. Getting fitted for the right combination of specs to suit your game or swing does make the difference though. TXG channel on Youtube does some great equipment and settings reviews.

I loved pitch and putt as teenager but rarely got enough chances to play. I had one of those old two sided putters and a kids 7 iron. You couldn't have paid me to use any other iron or wedge. There's a nice course down my way by Lough Owel. Must give it a lash when it's back open. Not a chance of me getting within +15 on it though!

Comment

I know bookies suspend or limit accounts with impunity, and they don't like people who winy, but they've hit a new low now. Paddy Power has limited the amount I can put onto their specials to 1% of the max bet. I've literally never withdrawn.

I had to some money in my poker account (probably only 50 quid) a few years ago that I bust on small football bets, then a couple of years ago I think I deposited 20 again for the occasional mugs bet of an accumulator. I've managed not to bust that, but never gone over a balance of 150. I almost only bet on football, mostly (but not only) on their enhanced odds prices. I don't think I ever went above a fiver (maybe occasionally stretched it to 6 quid) on any bet, but now I'm limited to 23 cent on any enhanced odds bet.

I'm not sure why I'm surprised, but while they weren't making money off mey, they weren't losing it either. I wouldn't have thought they were interested in small fry accounts, but they obviously are squeezing every penny. My biggest win by far in recent months was on a non enhanced bet too.

Mad the lengths they go to in order to squeeze profit.

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post
                                                                            I know bookies suspend or limit accounts with impunity, and they don't like people who winy, but they've hit a new low now. Paddy Power has limited the amount I can put onto their specials to 1% of the max bet. I've literally never withdrawn.

I had to some money in my poker account (probably only 50 quid) a few years ago that I bust on small football bets, then a couple of years ago I think I deposited 20 again for the occasional mugs bet of an accumulator. I've managed not to bust that, but never gone over a balance of 150. I almost only bet on football, mostly (but not only) on their enhanced odds prices. I don't think I ever went above a fiver (maybe occasionally stretched it to 6 quid) on any bet, but now I'm limited to 23 cent on any enhanced odds bet.

I'm not sure why I'm surprised, but while they weren't making money off mey, they weren't losing it either. I wouldn't have thought they were interested in small fry accounts, but they obviously are squeezing every penny. My biggest win by far in recent months was on a non enhanced bet too.

Mad the lengths they go to in order to squeeze profit.
                                                                            They're pretty sophisticated now at catching people "building" accounts too so if you trigger the criteria for that. It takes little to catch their attention; changing a deposit method or address could trigger a review. Also they hate bonus abusers.

Perhaps a pretty substantial history on the poker side or some BF history that looks competent and you'll be restricted pretty quickly.

Comment

No, I don't think I've ever withdrawn from poker either, did very little on there iver

Comment

Is it an automatic thing whereby if you take the best odds available online a certain number of time then it triggers restriction on the assumption of arbing?

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post
                                                                                  No, I don't think I've ever withdrawn from poker either, did very little on there iver
                                                                                  They obviously didn't like when IPB re-negotiated advertising rates, which I assume has put a significant dent PP's marketing budget

Comment

Love it. I've the original epic driver which is 4 years old now and was curious about upgrading to the latest model or a different brand even. All the tests I've seen on Youtube have shown that any driver from the 5 or 6 years has little difference to the next in terms of distance or forgiveness. Despite what the marketing spiel says, you don't get an extra 20 yards and all this extra magical forgiveness. Getting fitted for the right combination of specs to suit your game or swing does make the difference though. TXG channel on Youtube does some great equipment and settings reviews.

I loved pitch and putt as teenager but rarely got enough chances to play. I had one of those old two sided putters and a kids 7 iron. You couldn't have paid me to use any other iron or wedge. There's a nice course down my way by Lough Owel. Must give it a lash when it's back open. Not a chance of me getting within +15 on it though!
                                                                                    Totally agree. Worst industry, bar maybe beauty products, for ridiculous marketing claims. As soon as you hear stuff like "explosive distance" or "speedzone" or "jailbreak technology" you know you are in trouble.

Listened to an interview with Lowry where he said he went into a 6 month driving slump because he "burst" the head of his favorite drive. He said it took him months of testing to find another "good" driver head. He claimed there was so much variance in the molding process that you have to spend some time finding a Goldilocks head.

Don't get me started on mid to high handicappers, getting fitted for clubs, unless they are giants or midgets of course. Are you still allowed to say midget?

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                      Is it an automatic thing whereby if you take the best odds available online a certain number of time then it triggers restriction on the assumption of arbing?
                                                                                      They'll just have a window open which shows "special/enhanced prices" above x% of the lay to lose.

6star gets picked at random because he had the max on an enhanced special.

Reviewer can see the bulk of his bets are enhanced specials and he's no real value long term.

Let's restrict his specials but leave him free to back anything else to see if he'll spend his money that way.

Also, I see he's the owner of a prestigious gambling focused forum, probably a shrewd operator.

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post

They'll just have a window open which shows "special/enhanced prices" above x% of the lay to lose.

6star gets picked at random because he had the max on an enhanced special.

Reviewer can see the bulk of his bets are enhanced specials and he's no real value long term.

Let's restrict his specials but leave him free to back anything else to see if he'll spend his money that way.

Also, I see he's the owner of a prestigious gambling focused forum, probably a shrewd operator.
                                                                                        I've never come close to putting the max on anything, 25% of max more like it. Most bets are between 1 and 5 euro. I'm sure I'll live with the outcome, but it seems unnecessarily petty for a largely neutral account.

They must not know that I'm a big cheese down ta the cracker factory.

Comment

Dutch police dealing with prohibited anti-lockdown protest. Pretty heavy handed but makes me think of George Nkencho standoff.
                                                                                          Not sure if I would opt of dog or shield when kitting up.

Class
                                                                                          someone in my vicinity was watching mobile phone vid of some Gards interacting with some goon who was breaking travel restrictions -in the vid this person is filming guards and asking them over and over “are you on your oath today” for a couple of mins straight
                                                                                          id have no problem with the guards having the power to confiscate the phone and getting to work with a baton for morons like that
                                                                                          Last edited by Guest; 16-03-21, 14:37.

Comment

I’d an account with Coral closed completely. Was winning 650 mostly muggy rugby cricket bets. I’d a free 20 euro bet they would not let me use that either which was misery. Was told on live chat I was free to play poker and casino told the person free to die in a grease fire. Withdrew and closed account fully. I would like people to know how scummy bookies are know it’s a business model etc but people don’t believe that they close accounts etc.

Comment

Its stupidly short-term. The likes of footie gambling is popular because its social. Lads discussing the bets, sharing those specials. But if you block enough of your potential base to save a few quid then they can no longer participate in social word of mouth and so the whole business model dies. The risk control function of the firm isn't taking to the business generation function and realising that social networks are what gets people gambling.

Comment

Business must be getting tougher , was watching the golf the other day and most of the gambling ads were about controls and limits and responsible gambline
                                                                                                UK regulator seems to have some teeth , Irish bookie can prob still exploit obviously damaged people and accept clearly stolen money with impunity

Comment

Only 0.5 points separating the bottom 3 in the Music King round III - Live in Concert.

Voting open until 8pm tonight. Open a beer and kick of your Paddy's eve entertainment!

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post

Well that's a co-incidence. If it weren't for him I wouldn't be releasing this in the next week or so...

Tape 2.jpg
                                                                                                    (Improvised lo-fi doom electronics waltzing in a woozy industrial ambient haze, since you asked. And yes that is a hand-made tarot card insert. Limited edition of 10 of which only about 5 are for sale)

Tape arrived today. A lot better than non fungible tokens imo
                                                                                                    IMG_20210316_172039_2.jpg
                                                                                                    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Site is terribad today is there nothing that can be done?

Surely money could fix it ?
                                                                                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Fucking hell. Some fall from grace. You really don't want to make enemies when you've skeletons.

I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                          Fucking hell. Some fall from grace. You really don't want to make enemies when you've skeletons.

https://gript.ie/linda-hayden-dick-pics/
                                                                                                          Ah, she was hardly highly regarded by anyone. I still wouldn't ignore her accusations against DannyBoy, just because she's a bit messed up.

I was more disturbed by the revelation that you miss having someone to cut your hair. Do you get someone in to shave your face? Or your balls, legs or armpits?
                                                                                                          Last edited by ComradeCollie; 16-03-21, 21:57.
                                                                                                          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

Ah, she was hardly highly regarded by anyone. I still wouldn't ignore her accusations against DannyBoy, just because she's a bit messed up.

I was more disturbed by the revelation that you miss having someone to cut your hair. Do you get someone in to shave your face? Or your balls, legs or armpits?
                                                                                                            I don't have the ears or head for a #1 all over. I'd look like I ran out of Sobibor.

Use a scissors on the balls, shaving there is madness with the scratchin.

Happy to let nature take it's course on the armpits and legs. The hair there's not causing any trouble.

Comment

Don't knock a good hot towel shave.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                                                Don't knock a good hot towel shave.
                                                                                                                On your balls?

Comment

Serious question. Sounds interesting.

Comment

[QUOTE=ComradeCollie;n1689814]

ComradeCollie... it's basically a horror soundtrack to a movie that doesn't exist but the horror is very realistic... lol

One review described 'real ear bleeders' and which is true.. thanks for taking the risk...

I really didn't think too many fiends would be that interested... but wait til you hear what's coming...

Tape arrived today. A lot better than non fungible tokens imo
                                                                                                                    IMG_20210316_172039_2.jpg
                                                                                                                    https://stoatofmendes.bandcamp.com/a...la-haute-magiet
                                                                                                                    Last edited by BennyHiFi; 16-03-21, 22:34.

Comment

Poor old Dobby died in Music King round III but you can vote on the next Paddy's Day Irish special... round IV, if you dare!

Only 18 hours of craziness left on this one...

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

I still wouldn't ignore her accusations against DannyBoy, just because she's a bit messed up.
                                                                                                                        Thats the problem with accusations, some of the stench always remains. Of course danny will have done some awfully shady stuff, but I think the genesis of that has probably then been expanded to create more sympathetic victims.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

https://gript.ie/linda-hayden-dick-pics/
                                                                                                                          Its Youth Defence that fund gript. I wouldn't give them the satisfaction of publicity tbh

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X