Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^ we really need to include the Japanese in this study...

This too shall pass.

Comment

^^^
      List not very meaningful without Italy Spain and Turkey

Edit LOL FU Ole
      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
        ^^ we really need to include the Japanese in this study...
        And Italy!

Lol damn you SP!

Comment

Last couple of hours for round 2 of Music King - only a couple of points separating the bottom 2 so one vote could swing it either way!

Comment

This is shaping up to be a massive batin' for Italy here.

Georgia surely a better team and should be given their chance in the 6N.
            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
              This is shaping up to be a massive batin' for Italy here.

Georgia surely a better team and should be given their chance in the 6N.
              Not sure they're a better team but they definitely deserve a shot. Would love to see a play-off game between last of 6N (Italy) vs top of EC (Georgia) for that last spot.

Comment

How about India?

Burning the remains of a woman after gang raping her: 52%

Comment

Raoul Duke III & Possibly others - Corkscrew currently have Chateau Musar 2000 reduced from 68 quid to 50 quid.

Just picked up half a dozen and they seem to be shifting fairly quickly

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

Not sure they're a better team but they definitely deserve a shot. Would love to see a play-off game between last of 6N (Italy) vs top of EC (Georgia) for that last spot.
                    I was just saying the exact same thing - It must be completely demoralising for the Italian lads getting hammered week in, week out.

Comment

Allez Shraaaaaapland!!

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post

I skipped ahead after the first episode as that line up wasn't interesting, skipped to episode 8 I think it was.
                        More ethical, and wiser

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                          Allez Shraaaaaapland!!
                          Exhausted just watching already! We have a tendency to bring out the best of England.

Comment

which cousins do you use these days? can't seem to find these. pm if you prefer
                            There's a reddit about the poker.

I moved to private cousins years ago. I let most of my memberships expire as I didn't use them. What.Cd was a big loss. Have two for tv and movies, one for books. I probably could send an invite if you're interested.

Comment

Exhausted just watching already! We have a tendency to bring out the best of England.
                              It's a brilliant game. I need beer.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

There's a reddit about the poker.

I moved to private cousins years ago. I let most of my memberships expire as I didn't use them. What.Cd was a big loss. Have two for tv and movies, one for books. I probably could send an invite if you're interested.
                                Interesting. I'll send you a pm. Big loss for me was bolt, but the replacement is decent. Books are easy. Would love to hear about your set up

Comment

Interesting. I'll send you a pm. Big loss for me was bolt, but the replacement is decent. Books are easy. Would love to hear about your set up
                                  +1

Comment

Wow!

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                      Wow!
                                      Great game and fair play to England. Penalty count way down and could have gone either way. We really do bring the best out of them and they managed to match our pace and speed of ball.

And just to add no red cards and dodgy refereeing to spoil it

Comment

I mainly use eztv, bay as a backup, and nzbs as a preference, but you tend to find the nzbs for a show can easily be all wiped out. Maybe I'm using the wrong nzb sites.
                                        "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

"and it's bye, bye, bye" to Murray Walker.
                                          Legend.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                            I mainly use eztv, bay as a backup, and nzbs as a preference, but you tend to find the nzbs for a show can easily be all wiped out. Maybe I'm using the wrong nzb sites.
                                            @admins where is the cousins section gone since the upgrade to the new website?

Comment

Is there any logical reason we could have gotten a €750 electricity bill for the last two months vs a normal two month bill of about €150-200. We have a separate gas bill so I guess it's not related to heating. Electricity bill says we used 4,500 units vs a normal 1000-1500 in the same period. And also where are electric meters normally in Irish apartments?!

Comment

Is there any logical reason we could have gotten a €750 electricity bill for the last two months vs a normal two month bill of about €150-200. We have a separate gas bill so I guess it's not related to heating. Electricity bill says we used 4,500 units vs a normal 1000-1500 in the same period. And also where are electric meters normally in Irish apartments?!
                                                Is it an actual or estimated reading?

Meter could possibly be in a communal area of the apartment building if you haven't come across it before.

Comment

Well stone the crows....

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Degag View Post

Is it an actual or estimated reading?
                                                    Says its an actual reading. The meter was set to 0 at the end of August when we moved in. First bill estimated 330 kwh used in Sep / Oct. Second bill estimated 550 kwh used Nov / Dec. New bill is 4500 kwh used Jan / Feb for a current actual meter reading of 5370 after six months in the apartment.

I don't get it. We're on gas for heating, and an entire 2-bed apartment is meant to be 2000-2500 kwh electricity per year if using gas for heating. So even if the earlier estimates were wrong, there seems no logical way we could have accumulated that amount of kwh in the time?

Comment

Given its an apartment, and it seems in meters are in the corridor under lock and key that only the management company have access to (why?!), maybe they read the wrong meter. Yikes, hopefully anyway.

Comment

Someone said to give this a go to sort out the electric bill, but looks a bit dodgy, nice payoff if it works though.

Comment

The 'fear' would be that the year you bring this in is the year that Italy scrape a victory meaning one of the others finishes last, say Scotland. And then they somehow conspire to lose the play-off.
                                                          The tournament finances would take an unsustainable hit without Scotland in it.

I don't think it's going to happen anyway- Italy are a permanent equal partner in the 6N.
                                                          It's just terrible that 5 of the 15 games are no-contests.

Comment

Given its an apartment, and it seems in meters are in the corridor under lock and key that only the management company have access to (why?!), maybe they read the wrong meter. Yikes, hopefully anyway.
                                                            i've lived in a lot of apartments and have never seen this tbh. you should normally have an individual gas and electricity meter in the flat.

Comment

Says its an actual reading. The meter was set to 0 at the end of August when we moved in. First bill estimated 330 kwh used in Sep / Oct. Second bill estimated 550 kwh used Nov / Dec. New bill is 4500 kwh used Jan / Feb for a current actual meter reading of 5370 after six months in the apartment.

I don't get it. We're on gas for heating, and an entire 2-bed apartment is meant to be 2000-2500 kwh electricity per year if using gas for heating. So even if the earlier estimates were wrong, there seems no logical way we could have accumulated that amount of kwh in the time?
                                                              You sure it was at 0 when you moved in? Meters aren't reset between tenancies (or at least that usen't to be the case). But maybe it was a new meter or new apartment. If not and you didn't check the meter, it may not have been 0 but 3000 (for example) and you're paying for electricity you didn't use.

Other than that it could be a faulty meter possibly. There are/were different types of meters too (day and night and storage being two that i remember) that could potentially be costing far more depending on time of day etc.

First job is getting access to the meter anyhow.

Comment

Get a read yourself so you have up to date reading.
                                                                Take pic with phone.

Theres a 4 digit serial number on your meter that corresponds to the 4 digit meter number on the back of your bill so you can identify your meter (often the meters will have your apt number written on them by mgt company but it's the 4 digit number that actually identifies it)

Ring ESB networks and quote them your MPRN number- you will find this on the front of your bill usually the upper right hand side - it's an 11 digit number beginning with 100..........
                                                                To clarify this is not the same number as the meter number which as stated is on the back of the bill ususlly)

Ask them for the last actual read and date, so now you have another reference point.

Note

Meet MGT company and get read with pic (so you have time and date)
                                                                Rhe 4 digit code on meter is on the front. If it's a black meter usually easy to find as embossed often on a metal plate or otherwise fairly obvious.
                                                                on a digital meter with the plastic housing it's usually a raised embossing but it will definitely be there.

Hope the above is clear as a few drinks on board.
                                                                Any Qs just post tomorrow or whenever you're thinking of checking it out.

Comment

Perfect. Thank you. I'm going to do that.

This was the first bill we got 2.5 months after we moved in. The top line is maybe an old meter, which we seemed to have paid off 1100 kwh on - I guess this was an old account connected to the apartment that they screwed us into paying for? Then the bottom account where it says there was an actual reading of 0 at the beginning of our tenancy is the one that now stands at 5370. Is it a bit suss that it was 0, now I think about it. And why would there have been two meters on the bill? Ah I'll ask them next week, just annoying is all.

THfkelK.png

Comment

Perfect. Thank you. I'm going to do that.

This was the first bill we got 2.5 months after we moved in. The top line is maybe an old meter, which we seemed to have paid off 1100 kwh on - I guess this was an old account connected to the apartment that they screwed us into paying for? Then the bottom account where it says there was an actual reading of 0 at the beginning of our tenancy is the one that now stands at 5370. Is it a bit suss that it was 0, now I think about it. And why would there have been two meters on the bill? Ah I'll ask them next week, just annoying is all.

THfkelK.png
                                                                    Meter was replaced would be my guess.

Comment

Probably changed from the old black meter to a new digital meter most likely with a different 4 digit meter number
                                                                      Have seen this loads for business meters.

It would be unusual to have more than 1 meter for a domestic site so it's highly likely there was a meter type upgrade.

The C is a consumer reading presumably the previous tenant submitted it when leaving. You moved in some time after the consumer reading, used 1159 kWh , then they changed the meter unbeknownst to you and the new meter starts from.0 obviously .

Easy to check dates and correlate with Esb network's.

Comment

I was not expecting this level of electricity charging expertise. Thank you!

Comment

Even your regular bill sounds high to me considering you are not using it for heating. Mine is usually around €90, though my cooker/hob is gas, so that might explain some of the difference. Always had access to the meter though, even in the shittiest rentals ever.
                                                                          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

GME back flying high and /wsb is full of posts adopting Gorillas as part of a larger joke on the forum around them all being apes. The director of the fund addresses the forum

https://www.reddit.com/r/wallstreetb...r_of_the_dian/

Comment

I was not expecting this level of electricity charging expertise. Thank you!
                                                                              The only thing I can add is 'remember to switch provider every year'.

Comment

In the Spirit of Music King I played a 4 year old the Dead Kennedys seen as he wrecks the house anyway. The last 4 seconds are golden .

Last edited by Solksjaer!; 14-03-21, 11:37. Reason: Band name booby

Comment

Tendieland!
                                                                                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                    Tendieland!
                                                                                    What race ?

Comment

Stopped watching boxing after the Hagler Leonard Duran era. RIP Marvellous

Comment

@admins where is the cousins section gone since the upgrade to the new website?

What section is this now?
                                                                                        PM'd
                                                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Red letter day for your common or garden anti-vaxxer.
                                                                                          Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                                                            In the Spirit of Music King I played a 4 year old the Dead Presidents seen as he wrecks the house anyway. The last 4 seconds are golden .
                                                                                            Class! The Dead Kennedys should be compulsory listening for Junior Infants.

Comment

Any recommendations for one of the youtube Cheltenham previews for someone with a passing interest and hopes of (a) being able to participate in Whatsapp chats during the week (b) ensuring the gambling budget stretches to Friday?

[Insert] Duke spam here [/insert]

Comment

Laptop died a horrible death Sunday night First of Midterms of online course released Tuesday

Granny tax on a new one at Curry's

Probably lucky it didn't die during a test but still...

Tuesday... Online course...you need to print this out before exam...online course
                                                                                                Buy printer from only place with stock...great Granny tax on that one

Sunday... Rozner holes 60ft putt (that had sniff of tricky 3 putt about it) to win tournament by one from my 100/1 clubhouse leader

Fuck you week!

C'mon de Bryson

Comment

Glorious Galway 3.20 limerick

Comment

Originally posted by balfejohn View Post
                                                                                                    Just FYI - TG4 showing some of the Irish racing for the next few Sundays for those without RUK

PS gonna take you on with Dillon Paul
                                                                                                    Last edited by Dice75; 14-03-21, 13:44.

Comment

Originally posted by Western_Sean View Post
                                                                                                      Any recommendations for one of the youtube Cheltenham previews for someone with a passing interest and hopes of (a) being able to participate in Whatsapp chats during the week (b) ensuring the gambling budget stretches to Friday?

[Insert] Duke spam here [/insert]
                                                                                                      The IPB Cheltenham Tipping Comp will suffice for all your gambooling requirements next week. Currently has €1,550 up for grabs...

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

Just FYI - TG4 showing some of the Irish racing for the next few Sundays for those without RUK

I'll take you both on with Killisk Ben Rose @ 16s.

They'll be swimming home there today.

Comment

It's going to take a while to recover from the damage the public attitude to drug testing is engraining.

Drug approval agencies: "in the public interest we're going to quickly approve this new medication without really testing it, but if anything goes wrong we'll step in right away"

* public health doctors point out a worryingly high trend in blood clots*

Public: KEEP VACCINATING

And that's on top of recent criticism of not approving the vaccine for over 65s as there wasn't enough test results to give confidence in the approval (elderly people are known, for a few medications to have different reactions because of generally weaker immune systems).

We're really putting far too much faith in the UK 'ah sure it'll be grand' approach. I've personally no doubts that it's grand for this particular lot of drugs, but have a lot of doubts as to harm that attitude will do to future untested drugs. That drug approval is viewed as a bit of bureaucracy. Despite big pharma pushing quite a few drugs in the past that they had evidence were harming and killing people. Regulation is there for a reason. I don't know if maybe there is too much regulation, but I'm not sure a baying mob screaming 'shut up and inject' is the counter-solution either. ​​​​

Comment

It's going to take a while to recover from the damage the public attitude to drug testing is engraining.

Drug approval agencies: "in the public interest we're going to quickly approve this new medication without really testing it, but if anything goes wrong we'll step in right away"

* public health doctors point out a worryingly high trend in blood clots*

Public: KEEP VACCINATING

And that's on top of recent criticism of not approving the vaccine for over 65s as there wasn't enough test results to give confidence in the approval (elderly people are known, for a few medications to have different reactions because of generally weaker immune systems).

We're really putting far too much faith in the UK 'ah sure it'll be grand' approach. I've personally no doubts that it's grand for this particular lot of drugs, but have a lot of doubts as to harm that attitude will do to future untested drugs. That drug approval is viewed as a bit of bureaucracy. Despite big pharma pushing quite a few drugs in the past that they had evidence were harming and killing people. Regulation is there for a reason. I don't know if maybe there is too much regulation, but I'm not sure a baying mob screaming 'shut up and inject' is the counter-solution either. ​​​​
                                                                                                            The j and j one has somewhere between 50% and 75% efficacy. If you are that unsure if it’s useful than you really should be making them go back and figure it out. That’s a big swing and being a cynic I would back the lower number that they are publishing.

At 75% it’s just about worth using but at 50% it’s pretty pointless even if it is just one shot. You need 80% coverage for herd immunity so while I’m sure it’s much more complex 50% effective doesn’t get you there. It looks like there are much better ones on the way and Pfizer and moderna ones are great so why bother with the j&j version.

the Astra one costing 10% I guess makes a case.
                                                                                                            Last edited by RichieM; 14-03-21, 15:22.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

Good Man U keep away best for us all

Comment

Nice one thanks.

Just out of curiosity, are all your tips coming from the same source?
                                                                                                                No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Cheers BJ!

Comment

Dancer!

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post

Nice one thanks.

Just out of curiosity, are all your tips coming from the same source?
                                                                                                                      Hi

we have a little what’s app group with 4 of us in it
                                                                                                                      some good days some bad days
                                                                                                                      i post up from what comes in
                                                                                                                      nice run at the moment
                                                                                                                      have 2 for Cheltenham, will on the days they are running

Comment

A win is a win

Comment

A win is a win
                                                                                                                          True, but my god that was dire and boring rugby.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X