This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

Ah it's great for the oul days off in fairness. Praise the Lord for the 4 day weekend.
    I'd say Jesus hated Easter back in the day.

I remember having a word with a priest about how the Church deceives us from early age. . What do you mean ? Well LENT . it's always about 45 days not 40. So yer getting an extra 5 days into the Trocaire box plus 5 extra days without crisps etc. What else are you lying about. ?

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

Ah it's great for the oul days off in fairness. Praise the Lord for the 4 day weekend.
      Ah, it's just annoying me when it's referred to as a time we all have to know. Italy are having a national lockdown. When? Easter. GTFO
      Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
        Fuck Easter.
        What do you prefer lent or Whitt?

Comment

And the award for best evah scene shot by a drone goes to

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

This AstraZeneca thing is going to end in arrests. Its shocking how badly they've screwed up compared to the other pharma companies. From 90 million planned in January vaccine deliveries to EU for the first three months of the year to now thinking they can only deliver 30m. The EU should have been checking that there would be protected production, but how did they as a company not plan this? They're not a local chicken feed manufacturer, they're one of the biggest pharma companies in the world. Or at least they were until they screwed up this badly.
            "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

What do you prefer lent or Whitt?
              I don't know. Is that the one where it rains for 40 days if you jizz on your keyboard?

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                This AstraZeneca thing is going to end in arrests. Its shocking how badly they've screwed up compared to the other pharma companies. From 90 million planned in January vaccine deliveries to EU for the first three months of the year to now thinking they can only deliver 30m. The EU should have been checking that there would be protected production, but how did they as a company not plan this? They're not a local chicken feed manufacturer, they're one of the biggest pharma companies in the world. Or at least they were until they screwed up this badly.
                100%.

I can only imagine the pressure being brought to bear on them too, but fuck them. Is there a reliable source anywhere that actually enumerates what the issues are? All I keep hearing is "Astra Zeneca has announced it will miss X target", followed by clueless politicians pretending they can magic vaccines out of thin air.
                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Its all a bit unclear. Seems AstraZeneca didn't factor in that their UK / US manufacturing capacity would be commandeered and so they are just reliant on some sub-standard plants in EU. I feel there's an obvious bit of responsibility on EU for not having checked that. But much more so on AstraZeneca - as the point of having an ERP is to foresee these types of risks, but they just didn't do their job. As in EU was probably over-focusing on the choice of vaccine and not enough on the mechanics. But Astra only had their own vaccine to worry about.

Comment

One big thing, is they've just approved what is essentially single-dose Astra vaccination, so that should make having everyone vaccinated by June no bother at all.

Comment

Its all a bit unclear. Seems AstraZeneca didn't factor in that their UK / US manufacturing capacity would be commandeered and so they are just reliant on some sub-standard plants in EU. I feel there's an obvious bit of responsibility on EU for not having checked that. But much more so on AstraZeneca - as the point of having an ERP is to foresee these types of risks, but they just didn't do their job. As in EU was probably over-focusing on the choice of vaccine and not enough on the mechanics. But Astra only had their own vaccine to worry about.
                      In fairness, if a top-tier MNC says 'we can deliver X doses by Y and will sign a binding contract to do so', that's on them. I'm not sure what the EU procurement process is like normally but in this extreme scenario, you can see why they would take Astra Zeneca at their word (and all other producers seem to be hitting their targets).

The only analogy I can come up with, which is probably a terrible one, would be if Boeing turned around in 1943 and said 'oh yeah, sorry FDR about those 50,000 heavy bombers we promised - leeetle bit of an issue there, we can only give you 10,000. That cool with you?'.

Comment

Strangely enough, their share price seems to be ticking along more or less the same trajectory as Pfizer and J&J.

So I don't know if the market is pricing in that they are going to get an almighty beating from the regulators, or maybe the rest of their product lines are insanely profitable...who knows, not I.

Comment

Just one working day remaining to enter the legendary IPB Cheltenham Tipping Comp.

€1,500 up for grabs so far and thirty entrants ready to face the starter.

Regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland. Horses may go up as well as down.

Comment

The airwaves were full of people politicians rte in a rage threatening all sorts of sanctions due to recent street party’s in Limerick rightly so.300 travellers rock up to Carrick on Shannon burst through police checkpoints many coming from England set up a marquee and have a great knees up not a word said from our brave politicians and no effort to stop. Joke of a country decent working people virtually enslaved in there homes.

Comment

Music King Round II- 70s Rock - is alive and kicking, get involved and start your weekend of with giant riff or two!

Comment

The ol' bank has really changed its tune. Reapplying for mortgage approval as the previous one expired and they're asking about a 25 euro standing order that my other half set up for a savings account for her godson. Last year they asked us nothing and pretty much insta-approved

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                                  The ol' bank has really changed its tune. Reapplying for mortgage approval as the previous one expired and they're asking about a 25 euro standing order that my other half set up for a savings account for her godson. Last year they asked us nothing and pretty much insta-approved
                                  yikes. thats a thing? I've got so many questionable transactions.

Comment

yikes. thats a thing? I've got so many questionable transactions.
                                    They're being very nitty. We started the new application process on the 17th of Feb and uploaded our various statements/payslips. Neither of us had been paid for Feb when we uploaded them so they now want the Feb payslips along with bank statements for the period after the 17th to today.

Looking for Revolut statement and querying a couple of larger transactions from last year.

Comment

Our broker has mortgage applications submitted for us to two banks as of the end of last week - really hope that approval is totally straightforward as getting all the documentation they require is a pain in the hoop! My wife didn't use her credit card for two months, so her bank didn't send out a statement in that instance (doesn't even generate one), the mortgage applications demanded statements, we had to get a special letter from the credit card bank stating that no transactions occurred. All of this requires calling up the credit card bank, arguing/explaining what is needed, getting them to manually draw the letter up, post it, etc... Just so painful.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                        Strangely enough, their share price seems to be ticking along more or less the same trajectory as Pfizer and J&J.

So I don't know if the market is pricing in that they are going to get an almighty beating from the regulators, or maybe the rest of their product lines are insanely profitable...who knows, not I.
                                        Guess when you have 3 players in such a high demand market, profit is more or less a given so of course they'll all do well.
                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

I asked a mortgage broker earlier in the week if my Joe Biden bet will bugger my mortgage chances. He said he was going to check with a few banks, but thinks the fact that the bet won will count in my favour. I should really find a better mortgage broker.

Comment

I asked a mortgage broker earlier in the week if my Joe Biden bet will bugger my mortgage chances. He said he was going to check with a few banks, but thinks the fact that the bet won will count in my favour. I should really find a better mortgage broker.
                                            You didnt bet on Joe Biden, you invested in his Project.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post

Yeah emails are fairly decently locked down these days but some phishing still gets through. O365 does learn quite well and often retroactively scrubs the email before I even go looking at the ticket. Looked at third party filtering solutions and they don't offer too much extra. I don't have a massive user base and as result have too many hats inc VIP hand-holder. Would love to spend time learning more about security and automation but there's infinitesimally small chance of that happening any time soon.

Thankfully we were all on Win10 so wannacry etc wasn't an issue and we haven't seen anything particularly targeted or advanced knock on wood. Most stuff we've come across had been low level and destructive like you've described. Before I started (yonks ago) I did hear of a whole department (quite important to the business) in another country having their dept specific folders almost completely encrypted for months and no-one reported it. The on-site IT guy (double jobbing in fairness) wasn't swapping backup tapes and there was no tape retention policy to force the tape swaps, so bye bye data. I'd say there was some craic talking through that with auditors.
                                              Speaking of emails and exchange, has anyone emailed their local county council / authority this week.....

Few of them hit.
                                              ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

623 positive swabs. Highest in 10 days.

Comment

Is getting a broker the standard? It seems the bank pays their fees so why not?

Comment

Port let Bay 5.45 Wolverhampton

Comment

623 positive swabs. Highest in 10 days.
                                                      It's truly appalling to see people trying to profit off this human misery and take advantage of poor souls who merely want everything to be alright.

unless of course this is just a blip in which case

Comment

Didn't back any of Balfe's nags so ye are all safe.

Opening a bottle of Brockmans here and blindly permed Keanes 7 rides at Fundalk to accompany the golf & football later. Happy Friday

Comment

It's truly appalling to see people trying to profit off this human misery and take advantage of poor souls who merely want everything to be alright.

unless of course this is just a blip in which case
                                                          The big traveller funeral will likely be a superspreader event too. I think cases will increase over the next couple of weeks tbh. Schools back, hearing of more and more people being told to go back into the office etc

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post

The big traveller funeral will likely be a superspreader event too. I think cases will increase over the next couple of weeks tbh. Schools back, hearing of more and more people being told to go back into the office etc
                                                            Hitch clearly got word from his sources within the Traveller community and lumped on the overs.

shocking use of inside information imo.

Comment

100%.

I can only imagine the pressure being brought to bear on them too, but fuck them. Is there a reliable source anywhere that actually enumerates what the issues are? All I keep hearing is "Astra Zeneca has announced it will miss X target", followed by clueless politicians pretending they can magic vaccines out of thin air.
                                                              Talking of clueless politicians I had the misfortune of listening to the clueless asswipe scaremongering rabble rouser that is Mark McSharry yesterday on radio talking about the vaccine situation -CNUT Grrrr

Comment

646 cases today. Could see an early concession here.
                                                                Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

...and lean to the right.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                    646 cases today. Could see an early concession here.
                                                                    Do parents just go dogging again as soon as they get to drop the kids off at school?

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                      Didn't back any of Balfe's nags so ye are all safe.

Opening a bottle of Brockmans here and blindly permed Keanes 7 rides at Fundalk to accompany the golf & football later. Happy Friday
                                                                      I put up One Cool Choice in the next in the horsey thread. hopeful more than optimistic.

Edit:

Ah FFS!
                                                                      Last edited by Strewelpeter; 12-03-21, 19:05.
                                                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

I can't believe I'm going to make a poker post but I subscribed to Pokergo a month ago to watch the recent High Stakes Poker and just watched this hand which was very impressive:

Comment

Here is a strange one....Is anyone or do you know of anyone that will be going through Dublin airport in the very near future, if so will you fling me off a PM ? Ta.
                                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                            Here is a strange one....Is anyone or do you know of anyone that will be going through Dublin airport in the very near future, if so will you fling me off a PM ? Ta.
                                                                            PRC_96733633.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&zoom=1&resize=644%2C322.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                              I can't believe I'm going to make a poker post but I subscribed to Pokergo a month ago to watch the recent High Stakes Poker and just watched this hand which was very impressive:

Cousins have it for the less ethical of us. First 4 episodes weren't up to much.

Comment

Reading it back it does have that vibe...but it's not
                                                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

Cousins have it for the less ethical of us. First 4 episodes weren't up to much.
                                                                                  I skipped ahead after the first episode as that line up wasn't interesting, skipped to episode 8 I think it was.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post

Comment

Huh, got talked into buying tickets to Ireland's group games in RWC 2023.

Seemed easier just to say OK rather than protest the inherent stupidity of this.

Comment

Huh, got talked into buying tickets to Ireland's group games in RWC 2023.

Seemed easier just to say OK rather than protest the inherent stupidity of this.
                                                                                        Ah, it's important to pretend to have something to look forward to

Comment

I have such firm plans for becoming a regular theatre goer when this is all over.

Comment

That was basically the logic employed on me.

Nantes\Bordeaux\Paris\Paris, each a week apart. Ideally go to the first 2 and then fly back in via the Brussels connection, stay\drink there and a quick train up\down to Stade de France.

Comment

I have such firm plans for becoming a regular theatre goer when this is all over.
                                                                                              It's literally the only real thing I miss. Though the last one I was at was Negga as Hamlet, which must have been 2018. So, no panic there.

Comment

I probably averaged 1 a month pre-covid, maybe more. Tuesdays were always the favoured day, as easy to get a meal wherever you want, tickets and drink excessively without the distraction of packed establishments.

Comment

How much it counts as theatre I'm not sure but my 2nd visit to see The Book of Mormon was due for last Xmas but pushed a full year to Dec 21.

Also, rebooked a shorter version of the March golf trip for late August.
                                                                                                  Summer peak weekend tee time for the cost of Winter off-peak is just too hard not to roll the dice on.

Comment

C'mom folks, some great 70s rock over in Music King. Even if you're a novice who normally has a lot to say on stuff but might not be that confident around music it's only a score of 1-10. How hard could it be?

Let's do this!

Open until tomorrow around mid-late afternoon.
                                                                                                    Last edited by BennyHiFi; 12-03-21, 22:56.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post
                                                                                                      C'mom folks, some great 70s rock for you too enjoy and comment on over in Music King. Even if you're a novice who normally has a lot to say on stuff but might not be the confident around music it's only a score of 1-10. How hard could it be?

Let's do this!

Open until tomorrow around mid-late afternoon.
                                                                                                      Ignore the blandishments of cheap imitation competitions. There is only one original: the IPB Cheltenham Tipping Comp.

Reaches parts that others cannot.

Comment

Ignore the blandishments of cheap imitation competitions. There is only one original: the IPB Cheltenham Tipping Comp.

Reaches parts that others cannot.
                                                                                                        We do appreciate that MUSIC KING must seek cover under the shadow of a real money, high octane GAMBLOR beano such as yours!

Proceed as usual and we will quite comfortably operate in your silhouette RD III. There's room for everyone in this ditch.

Comment

[VIDEO]https://youtu.be/HQZBaJAngH8[/VIDEO

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post

We do appreciate that MUSIC KING must seek cover under the shadow of a real money, high octane GAMBLOR beano such as yours!

Proceed as usual and we will quite comfortably operate in your silhouette RD III. There's room for everyone in this ditch.

As long as the natural hierarchy is known and respected, all will be well.

The IPB Cheltenham Tipping Comp is the apex predator of these waters, the great white shark. All other competitions are as sardines or anchovies, unworthy of serious attention, but we will tolerate your existence as long as you don't cause a nuisance.

Comment

It's definitely something I've missed. It's very powerful. I started going when I lived around the corner from the gate. And used to pop into the abbey (and flowing tide) the odd time after work.

Been meaning to compile a list of things to do post covid. Parkgate courts on the list.

Comment

Mad to think I used to fire up 14 tables of mid stakes poker and battle regs with tbh not much clue of what I was doing. Feels like a lifetime ago.

Comment

Local theatre is awesome and very cheap for an evening's entertainment @ €10-15 a seat. Down my way there's a handful of larger national productions that appear occasionally. The local players also put on a few shows but the best fun of all is the secondary school musicals without question. Most of the kids are performing for their first time and on the opening nights absolutely anything can happen. I've seen them perform Little Shop of Horrors, Chess, Westside Story, Singing in The Rain, Hairspray, Legally Blonde and more. Admittedly herself drags me along to some of them but I've never left the theatre without a big smile. Couldn't recommend it enough.

Comment

Next Friday and Saturday Druid will be making available for free the video of their production of The Cherry Orchard from last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

which cousins do you use these days? can't seem to find these. pm if you prefer

Comment

Winking generally OK. Wolf whistling up for debate. Probably need to cut down on the obvious breast staring.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X