This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
    Must get a team Harry and Meghan t shirt for next time I go to England they are triggering extreme pants shitting fury in all of the worst cunts in English life Piers Morgan latest casualty
    Just about the only thing I've managed not to avoid in this whole circus was a clip of him shouting down a black woman telling her what she was allowed to consider racist. He's not very bright is he?
    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Not too interested in the whole affair but is the jist of it that Morgan said he didn't believe Meghan regarding her thoughts of suicide? And he's been sacked because of it?

Seems to be pretty justified in saying that if he actually believed it IMO. If she had suicidal thoughts she should be talking to a professional about it, not the worlds media. She's fair game IMO in all this cause it seems all a publicity/money angle.

Comment

Piers knows the grift, he has now been 'cancelled' by the 'snowflakes'. He'll have another multi million pound a year gig where he can talk about how poor innocent Piers has been attacked by the left. Where will they stop if protector of the crown Piers Morgan can be cancelled.

Odds on him having all of this planned from before the show today? 1/100
        Last edited by Charlie Sheen; 09-03-21, 21:29.

Comment

Old man angry that young woman didn't return his calls. It doesn't look good. He's a very effective media personality in fairness to him, smart as anything also, he's just obviously a prick too.
          "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
            Old man angry that young woman didn't return his calls. It doesn't look good. He's a very effective media personality in fairness to him, smart as anything also, he's just obviously a prick too.
            That's the strangest take I've seen on it yet. Old man at 55 v young woman at 39?
            Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

I dunno people eventually tire of toxic people. Ya dont hear much about Katie Hopkins these days. His belligerent persona got old fast. Enough of that shite.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

I dunno people eventually tire of toxic people. Ya dont hear much about Katie Hopkins these days. His belligerent persona got old fast. Enough of that shite.
                Trump?
                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

He's been great at holding this govt to account also. Shame to lose that part of him, but sadly he really is a horrible cunt.

Comment

Scenes in Turin
                    ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                      Scenes in Turin
                      some finish to that game
                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                        Scenes in Turin
                        I don't watch much soccer but the knockout stages of the CL seem to always throw up crazy drama.

Ronaldo losing the game for his team through what can only be described as an act of abject cowardice made it all the more enjoyable.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

That's the strangest take I've seen on it yet. Old man at 55 v young woman at 39?
                          He is? I read his book ages ago and at that stage he had had a whole career at the Daily Mirror so I was thinking he must be way older. As in he's on maybe his fourth career now - journalist, anti-celebrity, US newscaster, UK newscaster.

Comment

Ah no he's just whole different league to any of the professional annoyances. He is a prick, but he's a ridic smart prick.

Comment

Must get a team Harry and Meghan t shirt for next time I go to England they are triggering extreme pants shitting fury in all of the worst cunts in English life Piers Morgan latest casualty
                              Get a picture of Harry and the Queen printed on a t-shirt. Tag line underneath "Bros before Hoes". Good luck.
                              ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Ah no he's just whole different league to any of the professional annoyances. He is a prick, but he's a ridic smart prick.
                                I've never been bowled over by his clever discourse

Comment

I've never been bowled over by his clever discourse
                                  His smartness, I think, is in the battles he chooses - Trump when Trump was big, corona, etc etc through all the years. He always puts himself at the centre of the biggest topic of the day. This type he went a bit too far. But he's probably getting a million a year from Daily Mail anyway.

Comment

The time he let Brett Lee try to kill him would suggest he's not smart at all.

Comment

His smartness, I think, is in the battles he chooses - Trump when Trump was big, corona, etc etc through all the years. He always puts himself at the centre of the biggest topic of the day. This type he went a bit too far. But he's probably getting a million a year from Daily Mail anyway.
                                      He blatantly lied and was caught and sacked by the Mirror .
                                      He feeds off and is supported by plebs . His covid stance was not rocket science . He was just more visible and perhaps used social media smartly similar to Trump playing to his fans . The smartest guys can insult you and you dont even know it. He is in your face toxic . Smart but not redic smart .

Comment

Gotta love the drunken Aussie crowd egging on Brett to hospitalise him. Think he broke his elbow off the fourth ball iirc.

He literally would not have seen any of those deliveries, 150kph from one of the fastest bowlers off all time. Stupidity or bravery, you decide.

Comment

He is an absolute and utter scumcunt.

Comment

They dont make resilient women like the much abused Yoko Ono. Imagine social media back then , ethnic minority turns John Lennon against the Beatles. She took a lot of flack as it was. Was watching a Harrison interview recently where he said he was probably the one who wanted the split the most.
                                            Morgan would have had a field day after Yoko turned him down

Comment

He was on the LLS once, on one of those rare occasions where Jason "I'm such a mad bastard" Byrne hadnt been invited on.(another talentless RTE darling) going on about how MM befriended him then left him behind on her social climb as he described it. Bitter much.

Does anyone watch films anymore?

Cant stand so called reality TV or celebrity anything.

Only have 5 channels..happy out. House minded the brothers house a few times with the full Sky deal. Too much choice.

Unforgiven on the other night ...great stuff..30 years old or thereabouts now.

Comment

I like this list of headlines from the tabloids - Kate and Meghan do identical things but the same newspapers take a completely different viewpoint.

The last one which is even the same writer (Sarah Vine) is particularly nice as the articles are just a few weeks apart.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                  I like this list of headlines from the tabloids - Kate and Meghan do identical things but the same newspapers take a completely different viewpoint.

The last one which is even the same writer (Sarah Vine) is particularly nice as the articles are just a few weeks apart.
                                                  jaysus

Comment

I'm not defending Piers ffs. I'm just saying he's smart at his job - which is to get paid for having opinions. He's probably best in the world at it. Thats why everyone knows him. Now you can say whatever you want about it, the fact remains that he's always the centre of attention and always getting a fat paycheck for it.

Comment

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...tandards-royal
                                                      James OBrien covered this. Now him I like . He knows how to be a likeable bastard.

Last edited by Solksjaer!; 10-03-21, 00:45.

Comment

Your royal family secret obsession day (you know who you are) is officially over and we should move onto more important matters.

Such as the IPB Cheltenham Tipping Comp. A whopping €1,350 already in the pot and room for many more contestants.

Win this and you'll be smirking like the Duke of Edinburgh. Fail to enter and you'll feel like Meghan, a bitter outsider forever peeking in at the forbidden palace.

Comment

They dont make resilient women like the much abused Yoko Ono. Imagine social media back then , ethnic minority turns John Lennon against the Beatles. She took a lot of flack as it was. Was watching a Harrison interview recently where he said he was probably the one who wanted the split the most.
                                                          Morgan would have had a field day after Yoko turned him down
                                                          Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

wow thats brutal

Comment

Made this lentil and bacon soup two days ago and still going strong and fantastic, in case anyone has a gap in their life for a decent lentil-based solution. https://www.onceuponachef.com/recipe...ith-bacon.html

Comment

I'll never forget chairman mao style bicycle.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                  Your royal family secret obsession day (you know who you are) is officially over and we should move onto more important matters.

Such as the IPB Cheltenham Tipping Comp. A whopping €1,350 already in the pot and room for many more contestants.
                                                                  What’s the guaranteed prize pool?

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post

What’s the guaranteed prize pool?
                                                                    I'll tell you once your cash hits.

Also eagerly awaiting news of the GABbetterbetz.com side-betting details, cough cough. That adds a nice little frisson to proceedings.

Comment

I'll tell you once your cash hits.

Also eagerly awaiting news of the GABbetterbetz.com side-betting details, cough cough. That adds a nice little frisson to proceedings.
                                                                      I’ll make a dramatic entrance to tip it over the milestone.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

***Not a brick in the wall***
                                                                        Solictor issued notice to resolve to the other two firms (our sellers and next door buyers counsel) to sort it out within 28 days or we pull contract and sue for expenses/losses.
                                                                        We can't even go for caretaker role as the legal party we are dealing with technically don't own the property.
                                                                        And even if we did, legally we cannot hang a photo in the place. Given the FIL needs that would create an inhabitable environment for him and mean we couldn;t properly do anything to make the house "ours".
                                                                        As we are in contract, we are left a little in limbo, I would honestly walk away if given the choice.

So they told us notice expired on the 11th, however the 16th Feb to 11th March is not 28 days and it actually expires next week.
                                                                        With Paddys day, add another few days for holidays etc.
                                                                        We already extended lease twice and now have to go back to landlord again.
                                                                        So I'm paying a mortgage and insurance and MP and rent now.
                                                                        Our solictor got snappy with me for being frustrated about all of this when I tried to tie down my options and potential outcomes.
                                                                        If I return the mortgage, I get an early repayment fee, I'm sure insurance and mortgate protection will have something as well.

It's a pretty stressful situation all in all.
                                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

One for our anti-monarchist

Comment

That's some proper amateur sport right there! There wasn't one single instance of competence in the whole clip

Comment

Win this and you'll be smirking like the Duke of Edinburgh. Fail to enter and you'll feel like Meghan, a bitter outsider forever peeking in at the forbidden palace.
                                                                              Looking forward to see how you deal with the tables etc with the new site. As AJ can testify, it caused no end of hassle for the Multi Sport competition.
                                                                              No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Made this lentil and bacon soup two days ago and still going strong and fantastic, in case anyone has a gap in their life for a decent lentil-based solution. https://www.onceuponachef.com/recipe...ith-bacon.html
                                                                                You were so close to much better finances!

Comment

Looking forward to see how you deal with the tables etc with the new site. As AJ can testify, it caused no end of hassle for the Multi Sport competition.
                                                                                  No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Would a link to a Google Sheet work?

Comment

We're so much at the starting line for space exploration - that we don't even know if there is a massive planet in our own solar system. And to think space will probably be the biggest focus of generations in the future. 300-400 years from now you'd have to imagine they'll be looking back on us and wondering how weird it must have been to only have one planet.

Astronomers, however, are still hunting for another possible planet in our solar system, a true ninth planet, after mathematical evidence of its existence was revealed on Jan. 20, 2016. The alleged "Planet Nine," also called "Planet X," is believed to be about 10 times the mass of Earth and 5,000 times the mass of Pluto.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post

I fixed that weeks ago.
                                                                                        If there's a problem, just PM me

Comment

That's some proper amateur sport right there! There wasn't one single instance of competence in the whole clip
                                                                                          The umpire did a half decent job of getting out of the way of the first attempted throw at stumps

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

The umpire did a half decent job of getting out of the way of the first attempted throw at stumps
                                                                                            Actually in fairness the bowler landed it on a reasonable line and length too.

Reminded me of the Sunday team my father used to organise. They would do a rotation of all the clubs in the south east every summer (they had no home ground themselves); places like Bagnelstown, Mount Julier, Halverstown (probably not far from you), Kilrane, Wexford, Athy etc etc. Always a fun game in a nice atmosphere with no delusions of competency, although most of the players had probably played at a decent level once upon a time...

Comment

We're so much at the starting line for space exploration - that we don't even know if there is a massive planet in our own solar system.
                                                                                              I was reading something a while ago, about the dwarf planets on the outer edges of the solar system. And it seem to me, apart from not yet identifying every planet and object is the solar system. They can’t even figure out where it stops.

I think the drawings of the solar system from books as a child screws up our perception of the scale. As it’s drawn condensed in scale so to be legible.

From what I can gather;
                                                                                              The Sun is 100 “Earth” diameters wide
                                                                                              It’s 100 “suns” away (10,000 Earth diameters). That distance is caked 1 AU.
                                                                                              Pluto is 40 AUs away.
                                                                                              The furthest dwarf plant in our solar system is close to 1000AU away at its peak.

There’s a lot of zeros there. But (I think) it scales so that if the Earth was a 1cm marble placed in Athlone . The known solar system would stretch from Dublin to Galway. And this Planet X is another marble lost somewhere in the rest of Ireland.

Last edited by Mellor; 10-03-21, 15:04.

Comment

We're so much at the starting line for space exploration - that we don't even know if there is a massive planet in our own solar system. And to think space will probably be the biggest focus of generations in the future. 300-400 years from now you'd have to imagine they'll be looking back on us and wondering how weird it must have been to only have one planet.

What's the value in it though? Is it not just glorified navel gazing and a waste of science funding at this stage?

The science section of my Google News page is constantly filled with space exploration related stories, when there in so much more valuable research being done that I would be more interested in. We know about as much about the working of the brain as we do about space. A far more worthy territory for exploration IMHO.

I think all the space hype is a plot by Musk to channel science funding his way, so he can spunk it away on shite coin.

If Hotspur hasn't blocked me already, this could be the faithful post.....

Comment

Which planet is closest to the Earth?

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post

What's the value in it though? Is it not just glorified navel gazing and a waste of science funding at this stage?

The science section of my Google News page is constantly filled with space exploration related stories, when there in so much more valuable research being done that I would be more interested in. We know about as much about the working of the brain as we do about space. A far more worthy territory for exploration IMHO.

I think all the space hype is a plot by Musk to channel science funding his way, so he can spunk it away on shite coin.

you are making a proper effort lately to be the forum kook
                                                                                                    You have strong competition so I'm heartened by your dedication

Comment

That's a fun solar system question / factoid.

SPOILER
                                                                                                      I was once on a RTE radio quiz that was being hosted in the studio as it happened on the day by Leo Enright who is an expert on space science and I was asked that question and I totally killed it by asking him 'Do you mean right now? Because at that time Mars was at its closest approach to Earth and the two inner planets were off somewhere the far side of the Sun.

The textbook answer to the question is that Venus's orbit is the closest orbit to the earths orbit, it comes closerthan any other planet comes to earth every c. 800 days when Earth and Venus are at their closest. Sometimes Mars orbit brings it closer and sometimes , much more often Mercury is the closest. In fact because of its faster orbit it is in fact Mercury that is , on average, the closest planet to Earth.

Last edited by Strewelpeter; 10-03-21, 16:00. Reason: Added a video

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                        That's a fun solar system question / factoid.

SPOILER
                                                                                                        I was once on a RTE radio quiz that was being hosted in the studio as it happened on the day by Leo Enright who is an expert on space science and I was asked that question and I totally killed it by asking him 'Do you mean right now? Because at that time Mars was at its closest approach to Earth and the two inner planets were off somewhere the far side of the Sun.

The textbook answer to the question is that Venus's orbit is the closest orbit to the earths orbit, it comes closerthan any other planet comes to earth every c. 800 days when Earth and Venus are at their closest. Sometimes Mars orbit brings it closer and sometimes , much more often Mercury is the closest. In fact because of its faster orbit it is in fact Mercury that is , on average, the closest planet to Earth.
                                                                                                        Oh thats a super factoid!

Comment

Piers Morgan reduced to posting Churchill wuotes on Twitter now-Sad

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

you are making a proper effort lately to be the forum kook
                                                                                                            You have strong competition so I'm heartened by your dedication
                                                                                                            He’s right about space though, Musk and his waste of time Mars bullshit isn’t worth a damn

Comment

Oh ho ho ho glorious:

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Piers Morgan reduced to posting Churchill wuotes on Twitter now-Sad
                                                                                                                I saw a clip of him storming off the GMB set after being criticised by the weatherman on "my own show". He claimed that it was a personal attack but from what I saw it was pretty benign overall.

Maybe the weatherman is a pretty good debater but if you claim to be a defender of free speech and then can't take a bit of criticism & give it back, then your position is probably flawed to begin with.

Comment

He’s right about space though, Musk and his waste of time Mars bullshit isn’t worth a damn
                                                                                                                  What Musk is up to is not an accurate reflection of what we as a world will be up to in space in 300-400 years time.

Comment

There is a horse called 'Mickey Drippin' running today. WTF?

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                                                                      It was redeemed by the admirable interest in brain research. Can't you personalise Google News by clicking the 3 dots beside the headline and thumbs up or down it for future selections?

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post

It was redeemed by the admirable interest in brain research. Can't you personalise Google News by clicking the 3 dots beside the headline and thumbs up or down it for future selections?
                                                                                                                        That would require being logged in with your Google account. Wouldn't dream of it. I pride myself on using all their services without giving them a sniff of personal data.

https://myactivity.google.com/ is as clean as a whistle for me. For most it tells where you have been, what you watch on youtube, what you search for etc.

Nothing to hide just, don't like paying the snakey cnuts off.

Comment

There is a horse called 'Mickey Drippin' running today. WTF?
                                                                                                                          Presumably drippin as in:

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X