This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post
    Music King March Madness is open for business. Bit of a slow start but plenty of great tracks to dig into. Will leave entries open 'til 8am tomorrow to let the laggards catch up!

Enjoy.
    Ah bollox. Benny I'm so sorry man. I've been swamped all weekend with college work and literally just finished my work now after a day full of zoom lectures.

I'll grab a cuppa and have a look for an entry to send you. Sorry for holding it up.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post

Ah bollox. Benny I'm so sorry man. I've been swamped all weekend with college work and literally just finished my work now after a day full of zoom lectures.

I'll grab a cuppa and have a look for an entry to send you. Sorry for holding it up.
      Don't sweat it Dobs - won't post it until morning at any rate to try and ''mask' who's who. Take yer time.

Hopefully another couple will make it too!

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
        I assume there's a point in many peoples lives where they feel technology starts to get ahead of them with less understanding of it from that point and more just acceptance. This NFT craic feels like the start of that for me
        I *think* I understand NFTs... but I'm fairly convinced the rise of them (and much of the crypto space), along with so many asset bubbles, crazy stock market, etc... is just a symptom of central banks flooding the system with printed money. There's just far too much cash floating around, chasing any kind of return in any kind of mental assets. The whole system is so damn dirty, shoveling money at the ultra rich and fucking investment banks in an effort to solve systemic problems or weakness. I think I've become a fan of the democratic helicopter money 'check to every taxpayer' route they're going with in the US (alongside the shoveling money at the blood-suckers at the top, admittedly), at least the ordinary Joe Sixpack can go out and buy himself a 75" TV or whatever.

Why, why, why would you want to spend mega-bucks to own an NFT for art or anything digital where the substance of the item (the image, video, whatever) remains totally free to everyone else in the world, now and forever?

Yes, I must be too old!
        Last edited by ionapaul; 08-03-21, 22:37.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
          I assume there's a point in many peoples lives where they feel technology starts to get ahead of them with less understanding of it from that point and more just acceptance. This NFT craic feels like the start of that for me
          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

That whole raspberry Pi thing was the moment I knew it.
            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post

I *think* I understand NFTs... but I'm fairly convinced the rise of them (and much of the crypto space), along with so many asset bubbles, crazy stock market, etc... is just a symptom of central banks flooding the system with printed money. There's just far too much cash floating around, chasing any kind of return in any kind of mental assets. The whole system is so damn dirty, shoveling money at the ultra rich and fucking investment banks in an effort to solve systemic problems or weakness. I think I've become a fan of the democratic helicopter money 'check to every taxpayer' route their going with in the US (alongside the shoveling money at the blood-suckers at the top, admittedly), at least the ordinary Joe Sixpack can go out and buy himself a 75" TV or whatever.

Why, why, why would you want to spend mega-bucks to own an NFT for art or anything digital where the substance of the item (the image, video, whatever) remains totally free to everyone else in the world, now and forever?

Yes, I must be too old!
              The best explanation I saw anybody come up with was like owning the original of an art piece vs a print, which is a terrible comparison because you don't have anything physical. And the copy is identical in every way with digital. I'm lost
              airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                A phone you could carry around with you. And you could type messages on it!
                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Normal service resumed on Party lol

A hand transpired there which I havent seen in a long time.
                  Flop nut straight on a JQK board with 2 x spades in my raised pot. I have A10KK with nut spades. I get check raised with unseemly haste (the table numpty stroking himself with the nut straight). One of those hands you just would love to play live to see the look on their face chopped obviously

Last time I saw that hand was when "the legend" was betting blind into Kev in the 100 Fitz game. Bet blind on flop..call..bet turn...call...all in ...yeah call ..eh the nuts! Think it was like 2k or something.

Sorry for sullying the thread with such mundane happenings in the poker world

Comment

Oprahs next big interview is with Jurgen Klopp, he opens up to her about how he gets beaten at home and lost his title.

Comment

Music King March Madness round one up to 11 players now.

Thanks.

New format, same legends. Get listening, get voting.

Plenty of opportunity for intrigue - what score will the entrants give themselves? Too high and they risk the opprobrium of their peers. Too low and they risk disadvantaging themselves.

Scores will slowly be revealed a la Eurovision so expect a few twists and turns as we head towards deadline and the votes mount up.

Open for 3 days initially, maybe a little more if the interest is there or people need more time.

Good luck and enjoy!

Comment

Yeah, i still don't quite get that.
                        "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Ev_G1y0XMAQJiT3?format=jpg.jpg

Comment

Not sure this is something I should have strong opinions on, but I genuinely feel a sense of justice being served with the whole Harry and Meghan thing. That Harry grew up - waiting 20 years - to extract revenge for how his mother was treated and died. Saw a clip earlier today of him over the years talking about the media and how horrific they were, so its not just some point-in-time thing, its almost his life training. It is quite notable that the only one defending the Royal Family is Piers fucking Morgan.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                              Not sure this is something I should have strong opinions on, but I genuinely feel a sense of justice being served with the whole Harry and Meghan thing. That Harry grew up - waiting 20 years - to extract revenge for how his mother was treated and died. Saw a clip earlier today of him over the years talking about the media and how horrific they were, so its not just some point-in-time thing, its almost his life training. It is quite notable that the only one defending the Royal Family is Piers fucking Morgan.
                              I really don't get how any Irish person could give even a hint of a bollix about the Royal Family and their doings.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

I really don't get how any Irish person could give even a hint of a bollix about the Royal Family and their doings.
                                English Kardashians innit
                                Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Win the IPB Cheltenham Tipping Comp and you could purchase as many vintage devices as you see fit, maybe even with your own NFT.

Currently €1250 in the pot and still just over a week to enter.

No sign of regs like rounders, NewApproach etc yet either so that number is going yuuuuuuuge.

Comment

I can never get my head around this argument.

We're engrossed in US politics, and UK politics, why would we not find Royal family scandals interesting.

It's not like we're going to drape Union Jacks out our box room windows.
                                    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

You don't?

Diana and 9/11 are two events seared forever in my mind as key news stories of my lifetime. Although maybe I was in the UK at the time Diana died and that was the reason. And that lonely picture of the two little boys standing there at the front of the church in front of their mothers coffin. Candle in the wind strikes up. And then one of those two boys grows up to seek justice for his mother. I feel its a glorious story and I've read far worse in many many novels.

Comment

You don't?

Diana and 9/11 are two events seared forever in my mind as key news stories of my lifetime. Although maybe I was in the UK at the time Diana died and that was the reason. And that lonely picture of the two little boys standing there at the front of the church in front of their mothers coffin. Candle in the wind strikes up. And then one of those two boys grows up to seek justice for his mother. I feel its a glorious story and I've read far worse in many many novels.
                                        If she was such a great mother, maybe she should have been home with her two little boys instead of careering around Parisian nightclubs with a dodgy Egyptian playboy?

This posthumous beatification of a ditzy upper-class airhead is something that has always amazed me.

Discuss.

Comment

We're engrossed in US politics, and UK politics, why would we not find Royal family scandals interesting.
                                          Because (1) and (2) are real-life events with actual real-life consequences.

(3) is basically Coronation Street with posher accents and bigger houses

Comment

You don't?

His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

You don't?

i was in Paris stuck in traffic trying to get through that tunnel. fucking selfish cnuts!

Comment

If she was such a great mother, maybe she should have been home with her two little boys instead of careering around Parisian nightclubs with a dodgy Egyptian playboy?

This posthumous beatification of a ditzy upper-class airhead is something that has always amazed me.

Discuss.
                                                I think its pretty amazing that you yourself have never been away for a weekend and therefore see yourself in a position to judge others. You're a better man than all of us.

Comment

Discuss.
                                                  This is poetry. Looking forward to starting a row using these couple of lines.

Comment

You don't?

Diana was a massive news story. I don’t think Raoul
                                                    was referring to something like that. But more so the tabloids shite about what Lizzy’s corgis had for breakfast. Or some documentary on a spoon polisher.

Not sure what the glorious story you’ve been on about. What’s Harry done now?

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post

This is poetry. Looking forward to starting a row using these couple of lines.
                                                      Already got Hitch the royal-lover on the defensive.

I bet he collects commemorative coins of royal weddings.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                        Not sure what the glorious story you’ve been on about. What’s Harry done now?
                                                        well that is far more effective than any trolling raoul has attempted, so congratulations on that.

Comment

I think its pretty amazing that you yourself have never been away for a weekend and therefore see yourself in a position to judge others.
                                                          The royals have a long tradition of outsourcing childcare to nannies and boarding schools, The 'two little boys' barely knew what their parents looked like.

You're a better man than all of us.
                                                          Yes, this is true.

Comment

What’s Harry done now?
                                                            Gave some (presumably very well-paid) interview to Oprah, whining about life in the gilded cage of the royal family. Boo fucking hoo, who gives a shit.

This is currently being ecstatically parsed by the Brit media at the expense of actual news.

Comment

Although the topic of formative news events is a good one. Here's some of my mine.
                                                              1. Berlin Wall coming down
                                                              2. Mandela released from jail
                                                              3. IRA Ceasefire 1994
                                                              4. Omagh bombing
                                                              5. Challenger explosion
                                                              6. 9/11
                                                              7. Hong Kong handover ceremony
                                                              8. Stephens Day Tsunami
                                                              9. Tianamen Square massacre
                                                              10. Yeltsin on the tank in front of the Russian parliament, halting the communist coup
                                                              11. Madrid train bombings
                                                              12. Paris terrorist attacks
                                                              13. Brexit vote
                                                              14. Trump elected
                                                              15. Covid

Comment

Gave some (presumably very well-paid) interview to Oprah, whining about life in the gilded cage of the royal family. Boo fucking hoo, who gives a shit.

This is currently being ecstatically parsed by the Brit media at the expense of actual news.
                                                                He's clearly taking the piss. It was, by far, the most-watched tv show in Australia of the year and only a football final would top it in any given year in Australian tv.

Comment

EwCJAW7WYAQbvXD?format=png&name=medium.png
                                                                  From the IT today
                                                                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

He's clearly taking the piss. It was, by far, the most-watched tv show in Australia of the year and only a football final would top it in any given year in Australian tv.
                                                                    I suspect Mellor is a sophisticated and cultured man of the world, much like myself, with a diverse range of intellectual interests who would never pay any attention to the inane royal-related drivel that is currently polluting our airwaves.

And I salute him for that.

if he is taking the piss, then WP obv

Comment

Although the topic of formative news events is a good one. Here's some of my mine.
                                                                      3. IRA Ceasefire 1994
                                                                      4. Omagh bombing
                                                                      5. Challenger explosion
                                                                      6. 9/11
                                                                      8. Stephens Day Tsunami
                                                                      10. Yeltsin on the tank in front of the Russian parliament, halting the communist coup
                                                                      13. Brexit vote
                                                                      14. Trump elected
                                                                      15. Covid
                                                                      Tony Blair / New Labour election? It has always struck me as a dividing line between old and new politics - not necessarily in a good way, just a definitive way. Portillo losing in particular. First gulf war also - seeing that type of weaponry upfront in what was really the first live televised war. I'd say in an Irish context Mary Robinson's campaign seemed like a crossing of the rubicon between old and new Ireland. Maybe the Bishop and the kid - Annie someone, which started the crumbling of religiosity in Ireland.

Comment

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Long before Harry met Meghan, I'd managed to watch the entire series of Suits without realising that Meghan, as one of the main stars of the show, had anything other than a mild tan. Americans do slightly overegg (that surely can't be the right word, yet its a word that sounds like this that fits here) their differences.

Comment

Tony Blair / New Labour election? It has always struck me as a dividing line between old and new politics - not necessarily in a good way, just a definitive way. Portillo losing in particular.
                                                                            didn't really reigster, he was just an English Bill Clinton. Not like the election itself was close or anything to add drama.

Although Portillo's railway journeys (where he wears the most amazingly bad taste chino\blazer combinations I have ever seen) are actually kinda soothingly watchable.

So really, who aged better? Tony Blair - forever remembered s an illegal invader of countries based on fake evidence or Michael Portillo, who gets to toddle about railway networks having fun times....

Blazer spoilered for hideousness:
                                                                            SPOILER

Comment

3. IRA Ceasefire 1994
                                                                              4. Omagh bombing
                                                                              5. Challenger explosion
                                                                              6. 9/11
                                                                              8. Stephens Day Tsunami
                                                                              13. Brexit vote
                                                                              14. Trump elected
                                                                              15. Covid
                                                                              Glaring omission for when Marathon became snickers Ted .

Comment

Long before Harry met Meghan, I'd managed to watch the entire series of Suits without realising that Meghan, as one of the main stars of the show, had anything other than a mild tan. Americans do slightly overegg (that surely can't be the right word, yet its a word that sounds like this that fits here) their differences.
                                                                                Think the word you are looking for is overhype?
                                                                                No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Markle ( not Merkel now ) is extremely pretty. Love the sporadic freckles . Never heard her speak before . The Ginger did well. He talks exactly like Gordon Ramsey . Uncanny

Comment

It is nice to see Raoul and Sinn Fein on the same page though. Maybe this is the real historic moment right here.

Sinn Féin Communications spokesperson Imelda Munster said she won't be watching either and will be tabling a question in the Dáil to the minister about it.

Comment

Discuss.
                                                                                      I was living in Sligo after first year In college living with 3 friends I got shook violently in the morning by one of the lads screaming Diana is dead was not to pleased. The man Eric used come home in evenings pull up his trouser legs and scratch them till they were red. He worked in a restaurant said that the detergents were giving him an itch. Had a house party the next night and going to bed Eric was in my bed passed out left him alone. Few days later I developed woeful itching scabies thanks Eric. I think about Diana I think horrible night itch and scabies fuck you Eric Kelly

Comment

well that is far more effective than any trolling raoul has attempted, so congratulations on that.
                                                                                        It was a serious question. I’m aware he exited royal duties a while back. Seen some headlines about Oprah/James Corden interviews. But scrolled straight past. Literally no idea of the content or any bombshells he dropped.
                                                                                        I imagine I’ll catch a summary on Gogglebox. Which is about the only reality TV I put up with (other than Masterchef obviously, what season are you watching?)

I agree completely that the Australians are mad for the royals. Don’t understand that at all. Luckily that wasn’t a requirement of citizenship.

Comment

Comment

Bunk was her da in that show!
                                                                                            It was a major ploy line for several seasons
                                                                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

I recently rewatched Fringe. She popped up in early seasons. Link. Same as, I didn’t register any more than a tan.
                                                                                              (I’d have thought you’d be more tuned in to that signal mind).

It’s a strange situation when some “white” people are darker skinned than some “black” people.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

Bunk was her da in that show!
                                                                                                It was a major ploy line for several seasons
                                                                                                I know! It just didn't register still. Swear to god. Actually I vaguely remember thinking that he was a step-father, because they had some sort of strange relationship.

Comment

It was a serious question. I’m aware he exited royal duties a while back. Seen some headlines about Oprah/James Corden interviews. But scrolled straight past. Literally no idea of the content or any bombshells he dropped.
                                                                                                  I imagine I’ll catch a summary on Gogglebox. Which is about the only reality TV I put up with (other than Masterchef obviously, what season are you watching?)

I agree completely that the Australians are mad for the royals. Don’t understand that at all. Luckily that wasn’t a requirement of citizenship.
                                                                                                  Just season 1! Its great. Also watching The Renovators - a reality show made by Masterchef people back in 2011. So its far too much Australian accents in the house every evening. All very pleasant though.

Comment

Just season 1! Its great. Also watching The Renovators - a reality show made by Masterchef people back in 2011. So its far too much Australian accents in the house every evening. All very pleasant though.
                                                                                                    Season 1 was over a decade ago. The standard has gotten consistent better year on year. Recent seasons are even better. Somehow managed not to be turned into a bitchy drama fest.

The work crew are mad for Batchelorette and Married at first site. Desperate stuff.

Comment

TV ratings and people who watch reality shite are funny
                                                                                                      UK as an example as Ireland follows suit...

Some popular reality shite will get 6 million viewers
                                                                                                      Cheap copy for media so they full of it and talk as if everyone is watching
                                                                                                      People who watch buy in and talk as if everyone is watching and you are the odd one for not having a clue

Meanwhile 90% of the population couldn't give a flying fuck who wore what dress while falling flat on their face in some ice dance competition or what colour frosting they used on their humourous penis cake

And when I say funny, I mean...

Comment

Season 1 was over a decade ago. The standard has gotten consistent better year on year. Recent seasons are even better. Somehow managed not to be turned into a bitchy drama fest.

The work crew are mad for Batchelorette and Married at first site. Desperate stuff.
                                                                                                        Wife loves Married at First Sight as do all her friends. 40 1hr episodes per season

When I was in NZ, a person we lived with was very friendly with the guy Art Green who was the 1st-I think- guy on The Bachelor in NZ ie the original Bachelor.

I went to a few parties with them, really nice guy and at that stage I never heard of The Bachelor or any spin offs. I was telling the people in work about meeting this guy and did they know him.

They thought it was hilarious I didn't know him as at the time, they were a bit of big deal in NZ and were upset that I couldn't appreciate how lucky I was to hang out with him.

Comment

Remember playing a UKIPT in Edinburgh and some lad at the table was something like 100th in line for the throne. Certainly carried it off like he was anyway but fuck me you should have seen his missus. Sign me up.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                                                            TV ratings and people who watch reality shite are funny
                                                                                                            UK as an example as Ireland follows suit...

Some popular reality shite will get 6 million viewers
                                                                                                            Cheap copy for media so they full of it and talk as if everyone is watching
                                                                                                            People who watch buy in and talk as if everyone is watching and you are the odd one for not having a clue

Meanwhile 90% of the population couldn't give a flying fuck who wore what dress while falling flat on their face in some ice dance competition or what colour frosting they used on their humourous penis cake

And when I say funny, I mean...
                                                                                                            Think you are maybe conflating two things. There is reality shows and then reality competition shows. Reality competition shows are brilliant. Survivor, Masterchef, whatever. When done right they are an amazing insight into society and how people live their lives. They're a proper slice of life. I'd contrast that then with things like Living with the Kardashians, Love Island, where there's some form of celebrity involvement or people are trying to become celebrities.

Comment

Anybody here have any use for a PetMania voucher?

It's worth €236. Would sell for €200. Can be used in any PetMania and doesn't have to be used in one go

Comment

Originally posted by TheJiggaman View Post
                                                                                                                Anybody here have any use for a PetMania voucher?

It's worth €236. Would sell for €200. Can be used in any PetMania and doesn't have to be used in one go
                                                                                                                yup - dag food for de dag. What's expiry date?

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post

Hey man. No expiry

PM me if you’d like and we’ll sort out if you’d want!

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post

We'll need pics of the dog to determine if they are compatible with the voucher
                                                                                                                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

My Ooni pizza peel and turning paddle have arrived.

I would be extremely excited by this were it not for the fact that the goddamn pizza oven still hasn't shipped, despite having being ordered in mid-November.

Comment

I remember meeting Bono in the Factory recording studios down the docks many moons ago
                                                                                                                        in my brief engagement with the music scene.
                                                                                                                        He was so obviously Bono, I thought he was a fella who was a Bono impersonator.
                                                                                                                        He had a military jacket with Bono badges on it ffs and fly sunglasses inside the Factory (place was dark as fuck).
                                                                                                                        I was with me da (who cut an imposing figure in those days) and running late for a session and we made small talk for a while, never actually exchanging names or pleasantiaries bar "ah howya man" intros.
                                                                                                                        He asked where I was playing and said he was laying down some tracks. Being a ridicuously over the top Bono impersonator, I had him down for some kind of weird stalker fan type and wasn't exactly paying him a lot of attention as he was talking. I'd arrived at the room and none of the lads were there.
                                                                                                                        Anyway he was dying for a piss and asked me where the jacks was, I didn't know but confidently pointed him in a random direction down a corridor and went into the room for a smoke.
                                                                                                                        He never returned or at least never passed by again. I was talking to the engineer a few hours later saying how I ran into this mental Bono impersonator and he said, oh that was actually Bono, the lads were on doing some post production on their new album, which turned out to be "All that you can' leave behind".
                                                                                                                        It tickles me that I might have made Irish royalty Piss in a bush or a mop closet.
                                                                                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Must get a team Harry and Meghan t shirt for next time I go to England they are triggering extreme pants shitting fury in all of the worst cunts in English life Piers Morgan latest casualty

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X