This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

You wouldn't write 'crappy' in a scholarly article.

Also, for the love of God, make sure you agree what is quotable vs what isn't. Having it printed in the paper that you were (and are) punting your balls off isn't a good thing...
    Yes on the crappy. I just thought they'd filter out words like that.

The punting bit is perfect imo. Finance is personal and the reason no one connects to it is because everybody makes it boring. That's why the whole country is sitting with all their money in the bank - their brightest idea is a savings account. But as Wallstreetbets showed there's a thirst out there for making money fun again. There would probably be way more engagement with money and saving and investment if people started discussing the fun of it a bit more, like me. Or ... I could just discuss it the exact same way as every other economist and pretend the general public is a finance academic journal audience.

There's refinement needed though. A lot of refinement!
    "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Let's talk about SIX baby .

Comment

You wouldn't write 'crappy' in a scholarly article.

Also, for the love of God, make sure you agree what is quotable vs what isn't. Having it printed in the paper that you were (and are) punting your balls off isn't a good thing...
        Dont mind this Hitch. The more verbatim the better

Ireland needs their next great public financial wizard. AIB shares, buying & selling homes in Dublin & NFTs.
        Think about thos who paved the way; Eddie Hobbs, David McWilliams, Eoin McKee & now Hitch

Comment

Cadbury Buttons Eggs nine for €9 in Spar.
          Need an excuse, Should I???
          ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

Yes on the crappy. I just thought they'd filter out words like that.

The punting bit is perfect imo. Finance is personal and the reason no one connects to it is because everybody makes it boring. That's why the whole country is sitting with all their money in the bank - their brightest idea is a savings account. But as Wallstreetbets showed there's a thirst out there for making money fun again. There would probably be way more engagement with money and saving and investment if people started discussing the fun of it a bit more, like me. Or ... I could just discuss it the exact same way as every other economist and pretend the general public is a finance academic journal audience.

There's refinement needed though. A lot of refinement!
            I like this idea actually: "money is fun!".

You could get some serious tsunamis of sucker money going with this vibe. You get the mob hyped up, we'll figure out how to fleece them and you get your cut.
            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post

Dont mind this Hitch. The more verbatim the better

Ireland needs their next great public financial wizard. AIB shares, buying & selling homes in Dublin & NFTs.
              Think about thos who paved the way; Eddie Hobbs, David McWilliams, Eoin McKee & now Hitch
              Do you remember the lads from the last boom?

Austin Hughes.
              Dr () Dan MacLaughlin
              Jim Power
              etc

Bunch of absolute shysters. Morgan Kelly called them out and got a bunch of shit dumped on him in gratitude.

Comment

Do you remember the lads from the last boom?

Austin Hughes.
                Dr () Dan MacLaughlin
                Jim Power
                etc

Bunch of absolute shysters. Morgan Kelly called them out and got a bunch of shit dumped on him in gratitude.
                Come on, Morgan got sainted for his efforts. Jim is still surprisingly everywhere.

Comment

I think what we really need is an ISA type scheme along with some form of easier way to invest in SMEs. Would lead to a glorious flow of money into exciting, corrupt, brilliant, nonsensical ideas. People down the pub chatting and arguing passionately about their favourite SME instead of their favourite Britball team. Thats how you get people engaged with their futures. The pension does 90% of the heavy lifting, but getting into money and finding it interesting is what builds the frame. Its the reason I grew up so interested in finance was because my parents were obsessed with penny stocks and what the next big winner was going to be. We need more of those conversations.

Comment

Mmmmmh, Cadburys Buttons.
                    Chocolate for beginners.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                      Let's talk about SIX baby .
                      Will Klopp blame the plane and banner creating too much wind today?
                      ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

eamonhonda took a little spin out to your spot for some foraging of wild garlic. A lot of it was still very small shoots so only took a few handfuls of the bigger leaves.

Will defo head back up in another week or two to get a better haul. Have a few ideas for it.

Comment

Come on, Morgan got sainted for his efforts.
                          Apart from the Taoiseach of the day publicly wondering why he didn't commit suicide....

Comment

Apart from the Taoiseach of the day publicly wondering why he didn't commit suicide....
                            well like all good saints the honorific arrived a wee bit belatedly. He only said something that The Economist had been publishing literally every week - they had a table at the back of their magazine showing how overpriced property was and Ireland was always at the top of that league. He didn't also - and you can read the paper to confirm - say that prices were going to crash. In fact he predicted no crash in the study itself. So its a mother teresa style of sainthood - problematic.

Comment

The closing line is a bit of a sly dig, Jaysus.
                              "he will have to rely on patience rather than luck"

HH madly deleting old posts!

Comment

well like all good saints the honorific arrived a wee bit belatedly. He only said something that The Economist had been publishing literally every week - they had a table at the back of their magazine showing how overpriced property was and Ireland was always at the top of that league. He didn't also - and you can read the paper to confirm - say that prices were going to crash. In fact he predicted no crash in the study itself. So its a mother teresa style of sainthood - problematic.
                                This reads a leeeeeetle bit like academic jealousy.

You could be the next guy that The Plain People of Ireland nod their heads at when seeing on the tv and think "him, ah yes, him. He knows his onions."

And then having successfully faked both sincerity and competence, you can get down to the serious business of parting those suckas from their hard-earned.

Big Picture.

Comment

I like this idea actually: "money is fun!".

You could get some serious tsunamis of sucker money going with this vibe. You get the mob hyped up, we'll figure out how to fleece them and you get your cut.
                                  Dublin Character NFTs
                                  Molly Malone Card is 2ETH, Ronnie Drew 10 ETH
                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                    eamonhonda took a little spin out to your spot for some foraging of wild garlic. A lot of it was still very small shoots so only took a few handfuls of the bigger leaves.

Will defo head back up in another week or two to get a better haul. Have a few ideas for it.
                                    Pestoooo. We've found a few spots in North London, so looking forward to doing this year's batch.

Comment

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

This reads a leeeeeetle bit like academic jealousy.
                                        We're not even in the same field!

Comment

It'd be like an Ancient Germanic scholar being jealous of a Medieval Germanic scholar. Ludicrous.

Comment

I took that initially to mean that my type wouldn't fit in there.

The rationale was that we're trying to find somewhere to live, making it somewhat of an essential journey (?). Got off the bus in Donnybrook, walked along the Dodder to Milltown. Into Ranelagh for an omg breakfast bap at the Devlin. Saw a few houses that were for sale, remarked how we need a few hundred k extra earnings on top. Then on to Rathmines. Which seems to still look like a kip? How is it not yet gentrified. Then we made it to Rathgar on an approximate trip towards Kimmage and Terenure, and at that point gave up.
                                            All you need is your coffee to go in a sustainable recyclable cup, not bamboo (soooooo last year). Make a socially distant triangle of friends, in the middle of the footpath obviously and make withering comments about the lack of parking augmented with a penetrating insight into how the ref robbed "our boys" at the weekend.. It doesnt have to make sense as nobody has a clue about the rules anyway.
                                            When crossing the road you are immune to traffic, look neither left nor right. When you teach your Range Rover place your Mortons quiche carefully on the passenger seat and drive the 200 yards home making sure to almost run over anyone with the temerity to even attempt to use a pelican crossing while you're on road.

Comment

It'd be like an Ancient Germanic scholar being jealous of a Medieval Germanic scholar. Ludicrous.
                                              Completely ludicrous indeed. Joe Average would appreciate these subtle differences.

Comment

Originally posted by dinekes View Post

All you need is your coffee to go in a sustainable recyclable cup, not bamboo (soooooo last year). Make a socially distant triangle of friends, in the middle of the footpath obviously and make withering comments about the lack of parking augmented with a penetrating insight into how the ref robbed "our boys" at the weekend.. It doesnt have to make sense as nobody has a clue about the rules anyway.
                                                When crossing the road you are immune to traffic, look neither left nor right. When you teach your Range Rover place your Mortons quiche carefully on the passenger seat and drive the 200 yards home making sure to almost run over anyone with the temerity to even attempt to use a pelican crossing while you're on road.
                                                I was laughing at this but then realised if you swap 'Mortons' for 'Nolans', then it pretty much describes where I live.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

Pestoooo. We've found a few spots in North London, so looking forward to doing this year's batch.
                                                  Pesto will definitely be one of things made with it!

Comment

This too shall pass.

Comment

Mellor is overthinking it again.
                                                      Guinness is perfectly fine from a can these days. The worst Guinness I had in Dublin was in Bruxelles and the best many moon ago BEFORE a footie game near Finglas. The Shamrock Inn I think it was called best game of footie ever , the opposition were baffled why we were such high spirited loonies . The Druid chair in Killiney hill is an EPIC pint of Guinness.
                                                      I love Bruxelles never had a bad night there. Had my first drinks with dice75 many moons ago dates always helped it was a bit dark in there. I’d murder a night out there decent music late bar.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post

Was only thinking of taking a spin up soon to see if it's nearly ready, I only ran of last year's batch of pesto at about xmas. Making fresh pasta these days so looking forward to a wild garlic tagliatelle with green veg soon.

I also went of a wild garlic /carbonara hybrid that was pretty class, that'll be back too
                                                        airport, lol

Comment

Ole got the tactics spot on today, and got the luck at the start.
                                                          This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                          All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

I'd like to support an Irish indie book shop. Can anyone recommend one with a good range, trading online?

​​​​​​
                                                            ​​​
                                                            Always liked the look of the Lilliput press shop, where Spastic Hawk was shot. https://www.lilliputpress.ie/

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Another $350 snaffled @ 25c 50c last night
                                                              brief but profitable foray (also known as a hit and run ) up to the dizzying heights of 50c $1 ....think I'm getting the hang of this poker lark!

Comment

Went for a walk in Terenure today, a real edge about the place. Saw a fella absolutely off his head on a Caramel Macchiato with Oat Milk.

Ran all the way home, scary stuff out there guys. Stay safe.

Comment

First round of Music King is underway.

New league format should keep things exciting I hope.

Easy first round 'genre' should suit everyone and allow them to bring their A-game.

Still time to join up until 7.30pm tomorrow.

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                    Went for a walk in Terenure today, a real edge about the place. Saw a fella absolutely off his head on a Caramel Macchiato with Oat Milk.

Ran all the way home, scary stuff out there guys. Stay safe.
                                                                    Literally sprayed mouthful of wine over the table with a lol !

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post

I love Bruxelles never had a bad night there. Had my first drinks with dice75 many moons ago dates always helped it was a bit dark in there. I’d murder a night out there decent music late bar.
                                                                      Love it too but not the Guinness. Great spot . Guy I know does the rock bar downstairs. Interesting crowd always there .

Comment

Bryson is box office

Comment

Bryson walking the walk. Pity he's such an unlikable cnut.
                                                                          Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

Always liked the look of the Lilliput press shop, where Spastic Hawk was shot. https://www.lilliputpress.ie/

Cheers dude. I bought the first in the series off Dubray tonight. There's 17 books I think so I'll spread the love around.

Lilliput don't seem to have it though, maybe they only sell what they publish.
                                                                            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Cheers dude. I bought the first in the series off Dubray tonight. There's 17 books I think so I'll spread the love around.

Lilliput don't seem to have it though, maybe they only sell what they publish.
                                                                              Yeah, think they only sell their own books. Just like the physical shop that's just off Arbour Hill, think it must have been a pub in a previous incarnation.
                                                                              Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                                Bryson walking the walk. Pity he's such an unlikable cnut.
                                                                                I've come around from thinking he was an arsehole. He's definitely got an attitude or edginess if things aren't going his way. I enjoy watching him plough his way around but I don't think he gets enough credit for his wedge game or putting. All most people tend to believe is that he simply bombs and gouges his way around. There's some really cool videos of him on youtube with Kyle Berkshire and the Good Good lads. They can be a bit fratty but they're good natured and entertaining. He's constantly pushing the limits of equipment, technique and looking for any edge. Credit to his work ethic. Golf no longer has a Tiger or prime Rory figure as such. There's a lack of big characters and Bryson helps fill the void imo.DJ is a bit Bland and none of the top 10 stand out.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post

I've come around from thinking he was an arsehole. He's definitely got an attitude or edginess if things aren't going his way. I enjoy watching him plough his way around but I don't think he gets enough credit for his wedge game or putting. All most people tend to believe is that he simply bombs and gouges his way around. There's some really cool videos of him on youtube with Kyle Berkshire and the Good Good lads. They can be a bit fratty but they're good natured and entertaining. He's constantly pushing the limits of equipment, technique and looking for any edge. Credit to his work ethic. Golf no longer has a Tiger or prime Rory figure as such. There's a lack of big characters and Bryson helps fill the void imo.DJ is a bit Bland and none of the top 10 stand out.
                                                                                  Think i saw it flash up there he's 5 shots better off than Westwood on the Par 3s this week.

Comment

Unreal break Westwood a shot down and his drive lands in a divot in the middle of the fairway on 18.

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

Think i saw it flash up there he's 5 shots better off than Westwood on the Par 3s this week.
                                                                                    Yeah he lead scoring in Par 3s. 2.69 average or something coming into the final round.

Comment

Creedon's Atlas is such a magnificent show. Just caught tonight's one on the player.

The Buttevant piece was amazing and a must watch for anyone anyway into horse racing, talking about the origin of the Steeplechase, and point to point. Truly fascinating.

Such an extremely interesting show. Mind blowing.

Comment

Bryson just looked comfy all through the back 9 despite the 1 shot margin. Maybe Rory needs to take a leaf out of Westwood's book and get his own missus to caddy for him.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post

Nah he's an arsehole. But he has become aware of his arseness, and is being less arsey.

I don't think anyone believes he bombs and gouges, he isn't actually good enough off the tee to do that yet.

He bombs it.
                                                                                          He has a massive advantage out of the rough with his strength, and loft and even the length on his clubs. He muscles it.
                                                                                          Tbh, with the clubs he has in his hand on approach he has pretty poor proximity.
                                                                                          He has worked very hard for it, but people forget, he was pretty good before this noise. Is there really an improvement over his expectation prior to beefcake? Hard to know.

All that said, you absolutely cannot take away his work ethic. I enjoyed watching him this week, but because of his attitude, the fact he takes more free drops than anyone, the fact he is clearly an asshat (and there is proof of this everywhere), and the fact that the TV pundits mention his love of fucking science everytime he is on screen mean I can't funk for him. I'm an ABB.
                                                                                          All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Interesting comments from Rory post round.

"I don't know how to describe it, maybe a little dejected, maybe I need to go in another direction, I dunno, I need a spark"

Could see Harry D get the p45 soon.

Comment

Creedon's Atlas is such a magnificent show. Just caught tonight's one on the player.

The Buttevant piece was amazing and a must watch for anyone anyway into horse racing, talking about the origin of the Steeplechase, and point to point. Truly fascinating.

Young lad playing the box is from my home place. Must watch it tomorrow and see how he did. Love shows like that, that show off the smaller, lesser known places round the country. Creedons Road less travelled was a good show too.

Comment

Speaking of beer I have discovered that you can buy cans of Caffreys in the UK. That was a lovely ale with a creamy head on the pint, dunno about it from a can. But my brother used to really like it too so I'm buying a 24 can thingy from Amazon for his birthday. It's a strange combination of a really shit yet also somewhat cool and nostalgic present. Delivery cost is over half the price of the cans.

Comment

Sounds like a really thoughtful gift.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

Why would it be a few hours old?
                                                                                                    Depending on the delivery route. Could be 30-60mins after they are poured before they get to you. Then you need time to drink your way to the to 4th one. The 4th is is at lease 2 hours old by the time you get to it, maybe longer.

The image example I gave was an extreme one. But that was 45 pints siting on the bar waiting to go out. Each in 9 pint containers. The absolutely state of them.

149680643_225630385943867_3156278589605040197_n.jpg?tp=1&_nc_ht=instagram.fsyd4-1.fna.fbcdn.net&_nc_cat=111&_nc_ohc=Xrai4NCph-EAX8WAAGv&oh=6886d8ec6c28591fa3dd092559e447b0&oe=606D6BAB.jpg

Mellor is overthinking it again.Guinness is perfectly fine from a can these days.
                                                                                                    We're not talking about draught cans. Talking about bars sending guinness out from the tap in all manner of containers.
                                                                                                    The fact cans these days are fine reinforces the point. If a can is better than idle guinness in a milkcake cup, then what's the point?

Somebody, Lazare I think, mentioned supporting the local. That's valid imo. But don't need to lower you self to the gutter to do so.

Comment

Just read his book last week. Lovely read.

Comment

The brit royal family are some bunch of scumbags. that William lad seems particularly toxic to be prioritising an institution that played a decently sized role in killing his mother, over his own family. I was reading - and I don't make a habit of reading royal news - that he has the most woeful temper over really minor things, which seems a sad way to be at 40.

Comment

Looking for BBV advice.

Guy I used to work with (immigrant, may be relevant later), is a really good, bright worker. I helped him out a lot in old job. I spoke to him at the w/e.

His boss told him last year that he was putting him forward for promotion - he asked what he needed to do, boss said don't worry, I'll take care of it for you. The year proceeds, guy is working away, doing great work, naively assumes the promotion process is working away. End of year rolls around and the boss rings him up and says, sorry you didn't get the gig, great year though, keep up the good work and you're in a great position for next year. So my guy asked what the reasons given were and the boss vaguely said something about his platform for promotion being unclear.

My guy thought about this for a week, went back and asked him what this meant. Boss says it means what it says. My guy says well you were the one nominating me, what did the nomination form say? Boss says there was no form, this was a verbal process.

Alarm bells now ringing all over the shop for my guy. He waits a couple of weeks and the promotion list is announced. He finds one of the guys promoted from his grade, within his own area and goes to have a chat with him. This fella is very forthcoming and delighted to help explain the process that he successfully navigated. He explains that you have to fill out a very detailed form, he is delighted to share his form with my guy and explain all the ways that the boss helped guide him through the process. My guy then also found the guy who manages the promotion process and he confirmed all nominations must be writing and there is no such thing as a verbal nomination.

TLDR: boss told my guy he was up for promotion and this was not true, went so far as to give him fake feedback. He is asking me for advice. His biggest concern is this will be used against him if he raises it and that his visa status will be affected (this is a bigger concern for him than the promotion). He's fairly self-effacing, wouldn't be one for confrontation.
                                                                                                          Anyone any experience of anything like this? I think my guy was pretty naive and trusting on the one side but this is pretty scummy behaviour imo.

Comment

Herself bought me an Aeropress and a "Lucky Drip" subscription to 3fe.ie. Once a week they send me a random coffee from their selection. Some of them are bit too interesting for me, but this week's is an Ethiopian that's particularly excellent: https://shop.3fe.com/product/ethiopi...nous-varieties

Would recommend.
                                                                                                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Looking for BBV advice.

Guy I used to work with (immigrant, may be relevant later), is a really good, bright worker. I helped him out a lot in old job. I spoke to him at the w/e.

His boss told him last year that he was putting him forward for promotion - he asked what he needed to do, boss said don't worry, I'll take care of it for you. The year proceeds, guy is working away, doing great work, naively assumes the promotion process is working away. End of year rolls around and the boss rings him up and says, sorry you didn't get the gig, great year though, keep up the good work and you're in a great position for next year. So my guy asked what the reasons given were and the boss vaguely said something about his platform for promotion being unclear.

My guy thought about this for a week, went back and asked him what this meant. Boss says it means what it says. My guy says well you were the one nominating me, what did the nomination form say? Boss says there was no form, this was a verbal process.

Alarm bells now ringing all over the shop for my guy. He waits a couple of weeks and the promotion list is announced. He finds one of the guys promoted from his grade, within his own area and goes to have a chat with him. This fella is very forthcoming and delighted to help explain the process that he successfully navigated. He explains that you have to fill out a very detailed form, he is delighted to share his form with my guy and explain all the ways that the boss helped guide him through the process. My guy then also found the guy who manages the promotion process and he confirmed all nominations must be writing and there is no such thing as a verbal nomination.

TLDR: boss told my guy he was up for promotion and this was not true, went so far as to give him fake feedback. He is asking me for advice. His biggest concern is this will be used against him if he raises it and that his visa status will be affected (this is a bigger concern for him than the promotion). He's fairly self-effacing, wouldn't be one for confrontation.
                                                                                                              Anyone any experience of anything like this? I think my guy was pretty naive and trusting on the one side but this is pretty scummy behaviour imo.
                                                                                                              Similar thing happened to me. Accept it and wait for next year to do things correctly or simply move on imo. Not much you can do. If you kick up a fuss with your boss/HR, you might hurt any future chances of getting that promotion, so best solution is to get that promotion somewhere else.

Comment

words
                                                                                                                Any suggestions of a racial motivation here?

Also, I would assume he's coming to you in the hopes you might be able to hook him up with a new job.
                                                                                                                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

Similar thing happened to me. Accept it and wait for next year to do things correctly or simply move on imo. Not much you can do. If you kick up a fuss with your boss/HR, you might hurt any future chances of getting that promotion, so best solution is to get that promotion somewhere else.
                                                                                                                  sadly this, but wow thats crappy (tm) behaviour to mess someone around like that. I would, perhaps kindly, suggest the manager simply forgot to submit the application (corona etc, who knows what his home life is like - looking after kids, elderly&infirm) and now is covering his ass on the grounds that someone is unlikely to doubt the word of their manager.

Comment

Does anyone else use Amazon Prime and therefore have access to the ridiculously Australian-centric PrimeVideo.com? Watching Australian MasterChef at the moment as mellor recommended it ages ago. It is indeed in a whole different ballpark to the staid British version.

With the accents, and the studio size, I'm getting flashbacks to what is easily one of my most enjoyable tv shows of the last year - Lego Masters Australia. What a charming show.

Australia comes out of both shows so well compared to the Brits (both shows are originally British). There's this fake niceness in the brit ones and manufactured emotion moments, but in the Australian ones you get this genuine feeling that everyone is in it together. That, if need be, the hosts would let some of the guests kip on their couch.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post

Nah he's an arsehole. But he has become aware of his arseness, and is being less arsey.

I don't think anyone believes he bombs and gouges, he isn't actually good enough off the tee to do that yet.

He bombs it.
                                                                                                                      He has a massive advantage out of the rough with his strength, and loft and even the length on his clubs. He muscles it.
                                                                                                                      Tbh, with the clubs he has in his hand on approach he has pretty poor proximity.
                                                                                                                      He has worked very hard for it, but people forget, he was pretty good before this noise. Is there really an improvement over his expectation prior to beefcake? Hard to know.

All that said, you absolutely cannot take away his work ethic. I enjoyed watching him this week, but because of his attitude, the fact he takes more free drops than anyone, the fact he is clearly an asshat (and there is proof of this everywhere), and the fact that the TV pundits mention his love of fucking science everytime he is on screen mean I can't funk for him. I'm an ABB.
                                                                                                                      On the drops point, I think there's a correlation between no of drops and frequently being miles offline from the tee. He definitely takes advantage where possible but I wouldn't have him in complete angleshoot territory like Reed always seems to be. I'll 100% agree that he has arsey tendancies and it's fairly well documented that he's had more that a few bad moments on camera. It's funny to see how polarizing he is tbh.

Compared to Rory you're looking at two completely different athletes in terms of mentality right now. Bryson is hungry and buzzing to try new things all the time. Rory looks completely disillusioned and desolate no matter what he tries. Almost scared or tentative. For me there's massive anxiety in his body language. Each cracking shot can be followed by a missed short putt or his scoring wedges don't put him in expected scoring positions. Like on 6 yesterday he dropped two straight in the drink from the tee, then proceeds to pure it to close range for what would have been a tremendous eagle. Despite all this he's still getting decent finishes that most pros would be happy enough with. His comment about needing a new direction might be a turning point, interesting to see where he goes.

Rickie Fowler is even worse in being away with the fairies but he won the game of life if you ever saw his missus. Spieth has come back from the abyss and looks like he's started challenging again. Rory could do it too as could Rickie. Westwood is 47 and in better shape than he ever was, playing some great golf at times. Doesn't kill himself to play in every event and backs himself without having a recognized caddy. Rory will find what works for him again but I think he'll do a fair bit of soul searching to get there. Just maybe not quite the heights of the past. Fwiw, Morikawa is probably my favorite of the younger players on tour and an all round good egg.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post

Any suggestions of a racial motivation here?

Also, I would assume he's coming to you in the hopes you might be able to hook him up with a new job.
                                                                                                                        oh, most definitely! but he is sponsored in the other place so can't leave for a while even if I had a job for him (which I don't)

edit; no hint of anything racial
                                                                                                                        Last edited by Raoul Duke III; 08-03-21, 10:40.

Comment

sadly this, but wow thats crappy (tm) behaviour to mess someone around like that. I would, perhaps kindly, suggest the manager simply forgot to submit the application (corona etc, who knows what his home life is like - looking after kids, elderly&infirm) and now is covering his ass on the grounds that someone is unlikely to doubt the word of their manager.
                                                                                                                          didn't sound like it (although I am getting this secondhand) as he managed to get his successful candidate nominated via the correct process

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X