Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spieth, he's box office in the best, and worst ways.

1. Birdie
    2. Ace
    3. Rinses it.

So great to watch his rounds these days.
    This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
    All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
    The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

and then makes par with a 25 footer after rinsing it.

Ya can't but love the chap.
      All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
      The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

My mate told me I'd make a great mime...
        I was speechless

A friend of mine went off to mime school..
        Havent heard from him since

My dad said I've never make it as a mime..
        Was it something I said?

Comment

Bryson. hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
            and then makes par with a 25 footer after rinsing it.

Ya can't but love the chap.
            Hope he has somebody to mark his card after the suspect Rose WD.
            Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Next door neighbour got 4 pints of Guinness and 2 cocktails delivered from a pub.

€33

He sent me pics, they're in milkshake cups. How tf does it make any sense, other than maybe supporting the publican?

Surely the 4th one will be pisswater.

I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                How tf does it make any sense
                How's your bespoke knife?
                Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Pat Mustard . He gives great tips but dont shake his hand.

Pissed off myself with the restrictions but not enough to throw my giveashit out of the pram

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

How's your bespoke knife?
                    I'm actually still waiting on it. I messaged him last week as I figured he must have forgotten about me.

Told me mine is coming up soon.

Don't mind waiting too much.

Comment

A couple of hours of Dave Allen on BBC2 at the moment. Always thought his sketch stuff was rubbish, but love his storytelling.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                        Bryson. hahaha
                        In the third round of the 2021 Arnold Palmer Invitational presented by Mastercard, Bryson DeChambeau hits his tee shot 370 yards and lands his ball just 70 y...

Comment

Next door neighbour got 4 pints of Guinness and 2 cocktails delivered from a pub.

€33

He sent me pics, they're in milkshake cups. How tf does it make any sense, other than maybe supporting the publican?

Dont see the point in that, the 1st one might be grand, the other 3 will be shite. I dont even like the idea of takeaway pints but I'd suffer through that right now if a place near me was operating as such.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                            Hitchhiker's Guide To... Were you in Ranelagh today just after 1 with the wife and 2 kids by any chance?

Thought it was you but wasn't sure
                            oh wow! I wish I'd sharpened up for the opportunity. Did we look haggard by that stage of the walk?! I'm also trying out a moustache which people have consistently said is the most horrific thing they've ever seen.
                            "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

Yeah. There's no way Hitch should be in Ranelagh
                              I took that initially to mean that my type wouldn't fit in there.

The rationale was that we're trying to find somewhere to live, making it somewhat of an essential journey (?). Got off the bus in Donnybrook, walked along the Dodder to Milltown. Into Ranelagh for an omg breakfast bap at the Devlin. Saw a few houses that were for sale, remarked how we need a few hundred k extra earnings on top. Then on to Rathmines. Which seems to still look like a kip? How is it not yet gentrified. Then we made it to Rathgar on an approximate trip towards Kimmage and Terenure, and at that point gave up.

Comment

Saw Palm Springs this evening. Its a particular type of movie (a rom-com I guess?), but for those of you who, due to family necessity, are occasionally into that type of thing, its a very smart one.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

I took that initially to mean that my type wouldn't fit in there.

The rationale was that we're trying to find somewhere to live, making it somewhat of an essential journey (?). Got off the bus in Donnybrook, walked along the Dodder to Milltown. Into Ranelagh for an omg breakfast bap at the Devlin. Saw a few houses that were for sale, remarked how we need a few hundred k extra earnings on top. Then on to Rathmines. Which seems to still look like a kip? How is it not yet gentrified. Then we made it to Rathgar on an approximate trip towards Kimmage and Terenure, and at that point gave up.
                                  Tell me more about this breakfast bap
                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

Tell me more about this breakfast bap
                                    Honest to god only someone who wanted to give Ranelagh a heart attack would even dream of coming up with something that good. Just the layering skill. Great bacon and sausage choices obv, thats a given. And the bap itself, perfection. But the real art was layering the bottom with a peppery white pudding that got into every mouthful, and then the top with the runny egg that managed to work itself into every bite also. Maybe there was a relish, but who knows. And thats the failing of most baps. The relish is too powerful and overwhelms an otherwise amazing bap. Here it sung quietly in the background, but knew that the bacon was the boss. A genuine work of art.

Comment

Honest to god only someone who wanted to give Ranelagh a heart attack would even dream of coming up with something that good. Just the layering skill. Great bacon and sausage choices obv, thats a given. And the bap itself, perfection. But the real art was layering the bottom with a peppery white pudding that got into every mouthful, and then the top with the runny egg that managed to work itself into every bite also. Maybe there was a relish, but who knows. And thats the failing of most baps. The relish is too powerful and overwhelms an otherwise amazing bap. Here it sung quietly in the background, but knew that the bacon was the boss. A genuine work of art.
                                      Yeah that's cool and all but fuck all use to us without the name and location of the place.

Comment

Elucidated extremely well. 10/10. Will seek bap.

Comment

Although relish can fuck the fuck off, even subtle relish is too much relish.

People that like relish can go stick it up their bollix.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post

Yeah that's cool and all but fuck all use to us without the name and location of the place.
                                            I think it's Devlins hotel?

Comment

oh wow! I wish I'd sharpened up for the opportunity. Did we look haggard by that stage of the walk?! I'm also trying out a moustache which people have consistently said is the most horrific thing they've ever seen.
                                              No, you looked fine although you were the talk on the Ranelagh Residents What's App group. They requested you at least wear a blazer or a shirt next time you rock up to these parts...They initially wanted an impactful tie but I talked them down off that ledge.

House prices in Ranelagh are mental. You'd struggle to buy something and have change out of a million. Rathmines main street still looks a bit shit but there is nice places off it but a lot is pricey as well.

Are you sure you got your breakfast bap in The Devlin? It sounds very like the breakfast bap they serve in Cinnamon.

Will stop and say hello next time!

Comment

€33

Guinness drinkers are largely brainwashed tbf.
                                                Fresh pints are great, draught widget cans can’t touch them. But going for takeaway Guinness that’s a few hours old because you believe pub taps are magic. Delusion.

Seen this on instragram. Made me feel sick at the thoughts.
                                                3,100 likes, 164 comments - shitlondonguinness on February 14, 2021: "i’m not gonna name the pub but this is a bit horrifying"

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                  No, you looked fine although you were the talk on the Ranelagh Residents What's App group. They requested you at least wear a blazer or a shirt next time you rock up to these parts...They initially wanted an impactful tie but I talked them down off that ledge.

House prices in Ranelagh are mental. You'd struggle to buy something and have change out of a million. Rathmines main street still looks a bit shit but there is nice places off it but a lot is pricey as well.

Are you sure you got your breakfast bap in The Devlin? It sounds very like the breakfast bap they serve in Cinnamon.

Will stop and say hello next time!
                                                  Ha. Oh yeah was definitely the Cinnamon place. Think it was even called The Cinnamon Signature Breakfast Bap.

Comment

€33

​​​​

When outgoings have been pretty much rent + bills, i kinda see a round of booze in a different light. I'll be straight back to it as soon as I can though.
                                                    Last edited by Denny Crane; 07-03-21, 11:24.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

​​​​

When outgoings have been pretty much been rent + bills, i kinda see a round of booze in a different light. I'll be straight back to it as soon as I can though.
                                                      Oh I agree. When that round of booze is served to you fresh, in a glass glass.

I don't see any point in paying to drink a 3 hour old pint out of a plastic milkshake cup.

Comment

Fancy yourself as a taste-maker? Only 4 more volunteers needed for the first Music King in a year.

To help you get excited here's a great read about a lady who revisited her record collection during lockdown and went on a wild emotional, life affirming ride through time and place.

Beautiful.

Comment

One of the local pubs that's kept going throughout the pandemic does deliveries in pre booked slots. Mixed cocktails, bottles, craft cans and draft pints. They're doing quite well all things considered. Pints in actual glasses and they put plastic glasses on top of the glasses to prevent spilling.

On the other end of the spectrum I've a mate who bought and renovated an old pub. He opened just before Christmas in 2019 and the poor bastard has been closed for a year now.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post
                                                            Fancy yourself as a taste-maker? Only 4 more volunteers needed for the first Music King in a year.

To help you get excited here's a great read about a lady who revisited her record collection during lockdown and went on a wild emotional, life affirming ride through time and place.

Beautiful.
                                                            I loved that link . Cheers . Similar experience without the disciplines she showed .

Comment

Been drinking mainly Guinness most of my drinking days. Nothing as tasty as a can of wigedty Guinness and a bag of cheese n onion. Keep a few rennies on hand though .

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                Fresh pints are great, draught widget cans can’t touch them. But going for takeaway Guinness that’s a few hours old because you believe pub taps are magic. Delusion.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLSa4--M...=1g2cvukb30oj9
                                                                As the former holder of the title "fella responsible for the best pint is South London" I concur with this message

SPOILER
                                                                Taps have a "widget" tooo

People who wouldn't drink a fresh pint in a plastic glass at a gig would drink from a 5 litre oil can cause it came from a pub

Also, professionally speaking, I'd like to know.... Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain... nevermind.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                                  Been drinking mainly Guinness most of my drinking days. Nothing as tasty as a can of wigedty Guinness and a bag of cheese n onion. Keep a few rennies on hand though .
                                                                  I knew yer jokes were from the 70's

I hadn't realized you were too!

What's yer time machine look like? A Honda 50?

Comment

Oh I agree. When that round of booze is served to you fresh, in a glass glass.

I don't see any point in paying to drink a 3 hour old pint out of a plastic milkshake cup.
                                                                    Guinness cans never did anything for me.
                                                                    Been drinking a lot of Einsiedler Hell. It's not Augustiner but it is far more readily available.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post

I knew yer jokes were from the 70's

I hadn't realized you were too!

What's yer time machine look like? A Honda 50?

Drinking only since the 80s. My machine was a yami 125 but preferred to cycle . Not many cans with widgets in the 80s .
                                                                      70s jokes were mainly racist/sexist . . My ipb back catalogue is mainly to annoy the less corny joke tolerant on here. That's the joke . Some cunce get really precious so I'm easily amused..

Pity my 7 year old , he is made create a new knock knock joke every other day. He is losing patience with me . I'll have to stick with 4 year olds. They 'get' me.

Comment

I loved that link . Cheers . Similar experience without the disciplines she showed .
                                                                        I was a little sceptical when I first dived in but it turned out to be a lovely piece - well crafted, nostalgic but not cheesy, emotional and evocative yet subtle.

A timely reminder of the power of music.

Comment

It's Rik Mayall Day according to Twitter so in honour of the great man and Music King.... please welcome to the stage, Bad News

Comment

Drinking only since the 80s. My machine was a yami 125 but preferred to cycle . Not many cans with widgets in the 80s .
                                                                            70s jokes were mainly racist/sexist . . My ipb back catalogue is mainly to annoy the less corny joke tolerant on here. That's the joke . Some cunce get really precious so I'm easily amused..

Pity my 7 year old , he is made create a new knock knock joke every other day. He is losing patience with me . I'll have to stick with 4 year olds. They 'get' me.
                                                                            I remember my dad getting a 6 pack of stubby bottles with the plunger to aerate it.
                                                                            This too shall pass.

Comment

Thanks Hitch for starting that convo up last week re detective novels.

Going to buy the first of the Thorne series that AJ recommended.

I'd like to support an Irish indie book shop. Can anyone recommend one with a good range, trading online?

​​​​​​

​​​

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post

I remember my dad getting a 6 pack of stubby bottles with the plunger to aerate it.
                                                                                Ha! Memories. As kids we used to steal those out of the Guinness packs in Dunnes and use them as water pistols.

Comment

omg. Didn't realise he would lead with the whole story. omg!

SPOILER
                                                                                  Attached Files

Comment

Someone needs to do training in Carr pretty pronto.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post

As the former holder of the title "fella responsible for the best pint is South London" I concur with this message

SPOILER
                                                                                      Taps have a "widget" tooo
                                                                                      I assume what your referring to the restrictor plate. Provides a similar function to the widget but it’s not a widget imo as it doesn’t supply the nitro.

All the superstitious with Guinness seem to have gone out the window.

Comment

Who else amongst you do the weekly shop, haul all 8 bags at once out of the car and when you finally make it inside 5 fingers are borderline in critical blood flow state. Then drop all 8 bags on the kitchen floor for the wife to put away whilst also hmmminhg and hawwwing at what the great hunter gatherer has added to the shopping list that required 4 extra bags. We are the modern cavemen .

Comment

SPOILER
                                                                                          Having grumbled about a lack of choice in Irish banking, Mícháé! Dów!ng has seized an opportunity to profit from it by buying shares in AIB. It has been a wise move — so far. The shares were hovering around €1 when he invested in November, using the proceeds from a winning bet on the American presidential election. AIB now trades at twice that level, with much of the gain made since February 19 when it was confirmed that Ulster Bank was to be gradually dismantled by its UK parent, NatWest.

“The announcement means happy days for investors because there’ll be even less competition in future,” said Dów!ng, a professor of money stuff at that place he talks at. “It demonstrates, however, that there’s something desperately wrong with Irish banking.”

His frustrations began in September when he opened an account at KBC Bank after returning to Dublin from a five-year sojourn at the place he used to talk at. He quickly regretted the decision and is switching to AIB — a process that could drag on for up to six weeks.

“The lack of competition creates a crappy mindset within the banks,” according to Dów!ng. “Unless you can switch simply and easily, there’s no incentive for them to change. The Central Bank of Ireland has a code of conduct to make it easier to switch but, according to its latest statistics, only 1,500 people availed of the code in the second half of 2018.”

While all too evident for customers, the lack of competition did not show up in the annual results published last week by the three banks in which the state has a large or controlling stake. AIB, Bank of Ireland and Permanent TSB all finished 2020 in the red and, while they expect to return to profitability this year, pessimism hangs over their future prospects.

NatWest said it was quitting Ireland because it saw no chance of generating “sustainable long-term returns” for shareholders. Bank of Ireland’s chief executive, Francesca McDonagh, said: “NatWest’s departure says a lot about how challenging conditions are in banking in Ireland.”

Francesca McDonagh, chief executive of Bank of Ireland, says digital banking has reached a tipping point
                                                                                          BRYAN MEADE FOR THE SUNDAY TIMES

Covid-19 is the most immediate challenge, causing the three banks to set aside a combined €2.7 billion in 2020 to cover expected loan losses from customers whose earnings have dried up.

Behind the headline numbers, however, lurk more enduring problems: the eurozone’s ultra-low interest rates, weak demand for credit and high costs. These coalesced to seal the fate of Ulster Bank, according to its chief executive Jane Howard. For the banks that remain, these issues are eroding their earnings just as they are investing heavily to transform themselves into digitally enabled providers able to compete with disruptors such as Revolut.

Migration to digital banking has reached a “tipping point”, according to McDonagh as she confirmed a report by The Sunday Times last weekend that 103 branches were to be axed. Customer traffic in the affected branches has dropped by 60 per cent since 2017, she said, although some of the decline is sure to be reversed once lockdown restrictions are lifted. Shutting branches is about responding to customer preferences rather than saving money, according to McDonagh, even though the move will cut costs by €26 million a year.

AIB has set a more ambitious goal of saving €65 million by 2023 by restructuring its branches, although just five locations have so far been earmarked for closure. Paschal Donohoe, who as minister for finance controls a €29.4 billion investment in the three state banks, rejected suggestions that their traditional business model was broken beyond repair. “There is a way through many of the difficulties that our banking sector is now dealing with,” he assured journalists .

Lower-for-longer interest rates are outside of his control, Donohoe acknowledged, and even serve the greater good of helping governments borrow their way out of the pandemic. The hope in banking circles is that loose monetary policy must eventually stoke inflation, forcing interest rates upwards and giving banks an opportunity to fatten lending margins.

A one-point rate rise would be worth about €220 million a year each for AIB and Bank of Ireland, for example.

Permanent TSB’s new chief executive, Eamonn Crowley, is betting that the structural problems are transitory. He expects an uptick in interest rates and construction activity will have created a more benign environment by the time Permanent TSB is ready to finalise the acquisition of much of Ulster Bank’s retail and micro business lending in the coming years. If he is wrong, he will face a difficult task in convincing Donohoe or his successor to contribute towards a capital injection estimated at up to €850 million that Permanent TSB may need to seal the deal.

“We have to look forward to where the Irish banking system will be in a couple of years,” said Crowley. “It’s hard [to imagine] when you’re in the middle of a pandemic but we believe the situation will be better. We’re in [a situation of] abnormality at the moment.”

Just as the financial crisis of 2008 taught us that some banks are too important to fail, there is a conviction that banks must survive their current woes. “They play a vital role in the economy,” said Sean Smith, a partner in the financial services practice of consultants Deloitte. “They’re key enablers of economic activity.”

Of several levers available to address current problems, cost control offers the surest results. Covid-19 has helped by speeding up the migration to digital banking. Bank of Ireland expects that by the end of this year more than 80 per cent of transactions will occur without human input, up from 62 per cent in 2019.

The growth story is less clear, however. Loan books were contracting even before the pandemic, with customers repaying existing loans faster than they draw down new ones. Smith sees an opportunity in diversification, such as AIB’s acquisition of Goodbody Stockbrokers and its planned joint venture into wealth and insurance with Irish Life. These will reduce AIB’s reliance on shrinking interest income, although it is questionable whether the Goodbody transaction represents true diversification given that AIB used to own the stockbroker before the banking crisis.

In any event, further Goodbody-style deals have been ruled out by the AIB chief executive Colin Hunt.

“We’re done in terms of very large-scale M&A activity,” he said after announcing the bank’s results on Friday. “It’s all announced.”

Consolidation among banks offers another way out, especially as larger institutions should have the critical mass to handle the mounting costs of compliance and regulation. Smith sees the demise of Ulster Bank as an important step in this direction, especially if it allows an enlarged Permanent TSB to become a meaningful challenger to AIB and Bank of Ireland.

“One consequence is that the remaining banks will be bigger, which is not a bad thing,” said Brian Hayes, chief executive of the Banking and Payments Federation Ireland, the industry trade body. “Everything that’s happening at a regulatory level — stress tests, capital requirements, bail-ins instead of bailouts — is leading inexorably to fewer banks throughout Europe.”

Yet bulking up through consolidation can do little on its own to counter the challenge of fintechs cherry picking the banks’ most lucrative segments, such as payments. “The banks claim to be innovative but there’s little evidence of the changes we’re seeing in other markets,” said Peter Oakes, a fintech consultant and former central banker. “They don’t seem to have learnt how to extract value from their branch networks, which are expensive to maintain.”

The big risk for banks is that they will lose control of the most valuable parts of their business to fintechs, leaving them with expensive leftovers that nobody else wants, such as deposit taking and in-branch banking.

This nightmare scenario is already reflected in their share prices, with banks trading at about 40 per cent of net book value. While Dowling is happy with the early gains on his AIB investment, he may have to rely more on patience than luck from here on.
                                                                                          Last edited by DeadParrot; 07-03-21, 17:33. Reason: Edited for the crawlers

Comment

Hitch might not want his alter ego spelled out here for the google crawlers.

Comment

SPOILER
                                                                                              I want to know how you got your ear into the frame bottom left.

Comment

Ha

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                                  A great day for the BBV with 2 of the regulars getting quoted in the Sunday Papers! One offering a quote on the most reprehensible and offence industries known to man, whilst he other offers his opinion on Horse Racing.
                                                                                                  I had zoom drinks with one of our leading financial journalists last night and expressed my deep disillusionment with the shocking recent standard of filler quotes and sources of same.
                                                                                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

So, if we didn't know anything of Hitch before reading that article, we would now be aware that he is a compulsive gambler with a limited vocabulary.

Comment

Smiths Girl E/W 3.45 Leopardstown

Comment

Eamonn Crowley was my boss in my first banking job, nice guy. Running PTSB must be a fairly depressing job though!

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                          So, if we didn't know anything of Hitch before reading that article, we would now be aware that he is a compulsive gambler with a limited vocabulary.
                                                                                                          I've noticed that in my quotes. Think I'm making the mistake of confusing an effective way of talking with what sounds good written down on paper.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLSa4--M...=1g2cvukb30oj9
                                                                                                            Why would it be a few hours old?

Comment

Mellor is overthinking it again.
                                                                                                              Guinness is perfectly fine from a can these days. The worst Guinness I had in Dublin was in Bruxelles and the best many moon ago BEFORE a footie game near Finglas. The Shamrock Inn I think it was called best game of footie ever , the opposition were baffled why we were such high spirited loonies . The Druid chair in Killiney hill is an EPIC pint of Guinness.

Comment

I love the pint in Johnny Foxes.

Maybe the atmosphere helps, it's usually a relaxing Sun afternoon pint.

Actually, pints taste best on a Sunday afternoon.

Comment

I've noticed that in my quotes. Think I'm making the mistake of confusing an effective way of talking with what sounds good written down on paper.
                                                                                                                  You wouldn't write 'crappy' in a scholarly article.

Also, for the love of God, make sure you agree what is quotable vs what isn't. Having it printed in the paper that you were (and are) punting your balls off isn't a good thing...

Comment

I love the pint in Johnny Foxes.

Maybe the atmosphere helps, it's usually a relaxing Sun afternoon pint.

Actually, pints taste best on a Sunday afternoon.
                                                                                                                    When it comes to "good pint" and "bad pint" I think peoples prejudices and things like atmosphere play a part for sure. Like on a Friday after work when you're gasping and that first sup is just gorgeous, you could go to the same pub for the same pint at a different time when you weren't too pushed and it might taste different.

The Guinness thing is hilarious, and I'm guilty of it myself tbf, all the pages on Instagram and such fawning over places that do good Guinness and fellas piling on anyone who mentions a place that does "bad Guinness".

For me, its sitting out west, preferably outdoors but whatever local pub im in will do and the pints are always unreal. They just dont taste the same in the GAA club when I go for 1 or 2 of a midweek evening.

It's all nonsense really innit.

Comment

When it comes to "good pint" and "bad pint" I think peoples prejudices and things like atmosphere play a part for sure. Like on a Friday after work when you're gasping and that first sup is just gorgeous, you could go to the same pub for the same pint at a different time when you weren't too pushed and it might taste different.

The Guinness thing is hilarious, and I'm guilty of it myself tbf, all the pages on Instagram and such fawning over places that do good Guinness and fellas piling on anyone who mentions a place that does "bad Guinness".

For me, its sitting out west, preferably outdoors but whatever local pub im in will do and the pints are always unreal. They just dont taste the same in the GAA club when I go for 1 or 2 of a midweek evening.

Yeah, perfect sense.

It's the same with wine. Atmosphere is so important.

Comment

Clean beer line
                                                                                                                        Clean glass-washer
                                                                                                                        Temperature controlled cold room

That's pretty much it as far as the actual beer itself is concerned!

However any or all 3 of the above can be undone (in your mind) by personal taste and what you are used to.

One night in the music venue I worked in, a big old lad was being abusive to one of the girls (20-22 ish) about the Stella being shit

I went over and he got hyper aggressive with me

What that Stella there... Ya it's fucking shit you're a fuckin blah blah blah, ive been drinking Stella 20 years and I blah blah blah

Fella, that's a brand new keg, connected to a brand new tap, via a brand new line
                                                                                                                        All inspected and set up by a guy from Stella yesterday, who said I had one of the best cellars he'd seen in years

Now I don't know what you're used to drinking but if I was you, id be going to my local and asking what kind of shit you had been getting served for the last 20 years
                                                                                                                        oh and don't speak to my staff like that!

He looked around and a couple of the regulars nodded

Er..Sorry mate, sorry (to the girl) and left... gig had been on 5 minutes

See... personal taste

Comment

Guinness is perfectly fine from a can these days.
                                                                                                                          It might be perfectly fine (it isn’t really though) but there is absolutely no comparison to a freshly poured pint.

Whereas a pint of lager or cider is broadly the same as a can.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X