X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, at this stage I need a pint

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Think Terenure was traditionally the Jewish area of Dublin (or one of them anyway), my mother grew up there and was in a school where the class was 50/50 Jewish/Prods. Definitely been in the synagogue there a few times athough I think the Jewish community has much declined in recent decades.
      Actually now you say it. There was a Jewish guy called Michael from there who I was friends with for ages. From poker. At some stage we ended up running tournaments together, i think. He had to leave Ireland in the end for maybe Manchester as he said there wasn't enough Jewish people left in Ireland for him to find a wife.
      "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

There is a quite aromatic halal buthers in the Eurospar in Lucan that'll hopefully soon be my local shop.

balfejohn Whats the timeframe, roughly, to quote, build and install a downstairs WC with a sink?

If all goes according to plan, I get keys on the 11th. I've from then to 31st March to paint, furnish, move and rennovate the place before we are out of the current place.
        I've come across a decent number of people who swear by halal meat as better quality. Not Muslim people, as they would have only tried halal. But non-Muslims from mixed countries where they've tried both meat styles and tend to prefer halal.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

Actually now you say it. There was a Jewish guy called Michael from there who I was friends with for ages. From poker. At some stage we ended up running tournaments together, i think. He had to leave Ireland in the end for maybe Manchester as he said there wasn't enough Jewish people left in Ireland for him to find a wife.
          Yeah, that was traditionally where the Irish Jews went to find partners. And then Israel too.

Although I think numbers have increased lately, mainly due to people coming to work in multinationals. Remember one dude joining us from NYC and being highly baffled by the lack of kosher signage on the food!
          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

I've come across a decent number of people who swear by halal meat as better quality. Not Muslim people, as they would have only tried halal. But non-Muslims from mixed countries where they've tried both meat styles and tend to prefer halal.
            I wonder if it's a cognitive thing.
            Pay more = better
            And maybe some idea that halal meat is fresher or not factory processed?
            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

is that a jacuzzi in the back?
              It looks like it. I'm going to do a little drive by some day soon for a look.

What's funny is that its probably not selling for 290k. There's not lots for sale in the area but when new build 3 beds are selling new for 220-230k closer to the beach/town, a 2 bed that bit further out just won't have the appeal.

You'd need someone with notions to get close to the asking

Comment

Merging the topics of Muslims and the Tenters area, many moons ago the aul lad had two Iranian lads lodging with him. Seemed sound but quite innocent. Cant remember why they were here, maybe studying, dunno.

Anyway Xmas day myself and the missus arrive up to his house for dinner. Into the kitchen we go and there's the two lads pissed as farts launching into the ham joint. "Bad Muslims, we very bad Muslims was all i could hear"

Fast forward to the summer and I ws driving through town and spot them leaving what must of been their new abode in the Liberties there with two yokels eyeing them up closely. I fully expected them to turn up floating in the Liffey at some stage.

Comment

Nope and Nope.
                  It's a small understairs number if that helps.
                  I'll try get something asap
                  Pm sent to you
                  #wewillgetitdone

Comment

Is there somewhere where you can look at newer/modern decor houses easily? I was looking last night and was not enthused by what is on offer in general.
                    I think some of the newer apartments look somewhat better but are apartments, not sure if the standards here are good enough to get an apartment. No better option than trawling through the dirty carpet places?

Like the little green space in the middle of that place Murdrum.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                      Is there somewhere where you can look at newer/modern decor houses easily? I was looking last night and was not enthused by what is on offer in general.
                      I think some of the newer apartments look somewhat better but are apartments, not sure if the standards here are good enough to get an apartment. No better option than trawling through the dirty carpet places?

Like the little green space in the middle of that place Murdrum.
                      My missus wrecks my head after looking at Pinterest whatever that is.

If i ever shipped the Euromilly I'd buy it and shut it down quicksmart, +EV move in the long run I'd imagine.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

Fast forward to the summer and I ws driving through town and spot them leaving what must of been their new abode in the Liberties there with two yokels eyeing them up closely. I fully expected them to turn up floating in the Liffey at some stage.
                        Speaking of, the Liberties (and indeed associated areas like the Tenters and Pimlico) was strongly associated with the Huguenots who fled France for anyone interested in such things.

In the late 17th century development started in order to house the weavers who were moving into the area. Woolen manufacture was set up by settlers from England, while many Huguenots took up silk weaving, using skills they had acquired in their home country, France. They constructed their own traditional style of house, Dutch Billies, with gables that faced the street.[9] Thousands of weavers became employed in the Coombe, Pimlico, Spitalfields and Weavers' Square.[10]

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post

Speaking of, the Liberties (and indeed associated areas like the Tenters and Pimlico) was strongly associated with the Huguenots who fled France for anyone interested in such things.

In the late 17th century development started in order to house the weavers who were moving into the area. Woolen manufacture was set up by settlers from England, while many Huguenots took up silk weaving, using skills they had acquired in their home country, France. They constructed their own traditional style of house, Dutch Billies, with gables that faced the street.[9] Thousands of weavers became employed in the Coombe, Pimlico, Spitalfields and Weavers' Square.[10]
                          They the crowd with the cemetry on Merrion Row?

Comment

Yup.
                            Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

I'd never heard of 'The Tenters' before today. Only came across it with the word tenterhooks which I'd thought of as tenderhooks 'till about 10 years ago.
                              Last edited by ComradeCollie; 05-03-21, 19:33.

Comment

if I’m meeting someone in town I’d always say “by the graveyard on the green” and people generally haven’t a clue. It’s a nice piece of history

Comment

Years ago there was a meat factory locally that was shipping a huge amount of meat to Libya, it was all supposed to be halal and there were two Imam's and their extended families living in the town whose job was to perform the rituals and certify the meat was halal etc. They were no more bona fide Imam's than I am! The boys were Gadaffi appointees living the dream on serious money from the factory and they were rarely or never seen in the factory and no one ever bothered their arses actually making the meat halal the lads were only ever to be found in the pub or the bookies.

I always thought it was extremely disrespectful to package product as halal when it wasn't even if the whole thing is a load of bollocks.
                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post

What's funny is that its probably not selling for 290k. There's not lots for sale in the area but when new build 3 beds are selling new for 220-230k closer to the beach/town, a 2 bed that bit further out just won't have the appeal.

I heard something about that house before, I believe it was renovated to sell so with the finish I'd imagine there is a big margin built into the price.

A lad I know was out cycling near there on Thursday and it seems he had a heart attack and dropped dead there and then, only just about 60 and as fit and active a man as you'd meet, shocking altogether.

Comment

Cracking game in Thomond. Connacht are such a likable team.

Comment

Connacht and Munster very close in terms of quality tonight; I would think Leinster will steamroll Munster in the final based on what we saw! A bit shocking that Ulster could conceivably finish the season with a single Pro 14 loss and not make the final...

Comment

Jaysus strew - that was some trio of posts for diverse thoughts.

Comment

Do hate those 'drop dead in prime of health' stories. Same with Rik Mayell who I was reading about after he dropped dead between Season 1 and 2 of Man Down. Went out for a jog, came home and joked with his kid, sat down and never got up.

Comment

Do hate those 'drop dead in prime of health' stories. Same with Rik Mayell who I was reading about after he dropped dead between Season 1 and 2 of Man Down. Went out for a jog, came home and joked with his kid, sat down and never got up.
                                              Funny fucker he was too. Some decent chuckles here.....

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

One of the modern comic greats and a funny man hero of mine.

I used to do Mayall/Edmonson/Atkinson-based skits to amuse my classmates (and before too long word spread and the teachers were asking to see them and I'd end up roping in several 'stooges' to put on a proper stand up show) at the end of term in the mid 80s when the Young Ones and Blackadder were in their first flush of success.

Not saying I was, like, Solks, or whatever but I got a few giggles I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post

Funny fucker he was too. Some decent chuckles here.....

His physical comedy was exquisite. Incredible and unmatched IMO in recent times in fact (physical comedy seems to be largely a thing of the past I think).

I'm sure he was way too crude for many aficionados but it does beg the question about how important British 'alternative' comedy was - Elton, Sayle, Comic Strip, Saturday Live etc in the early-mid 80 as a kick back against the end-of-pier sexist Carry On/Frankie Howard stuff... plenty of which may have escaped viewers here and before that Python, Sellers, Hancock, etc... and I won't hear a word against Kenneth Williams who was the world's first (or at least best) whip sharp gay/not gay granny-safe poofter.

Kenneth Williams Diary is the second hardest book I've read after Ulysses. That's how complex he and his life was. Took me several years to get through. Every page was the most exquisite pain. A darling demonstration of depression.

Would love to hear Hotspur's take (or anyone else for that matter)...
                                                  Last edited by BennyHiFi; 05-03-21, 23:34.

Comment

If i ever shipped the Euromilly I'd buy it and shut it down quicksmart, +EV move in the long run I'd imagine.
                                                    42.8Bn USD at the moment, cheap after the tech sell off

Comment

€300 for a keg of Guinness. Ted I'm going mad.
                                                      Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

I wonder what the line is on how long that will last. Don't think there's any descendents left related to those there.

Comment

When I first went to the UK in 1995 for uni the local library had tape cassettes of all the comedy greats (that you could listen to rather than watch). Goon Show, Tony Hancock, Blackadder, Just a Minute, the original radio version of Alan Patridge, just all that British comedy genius. But the librarian must have been a bit of a renegade as they also had Bottom on tape. Was just obsessed with it. Used to spend a few hours an evening listening to comedy in a tape recorder. Actually, when I eventually got a telly only about two years later, it was kind of a let down to actually see Blackadder and Bottom, as had imagined different characters based on their voices.

Edit: ah! see the clip is Bottom. Excellent!
                                                          Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 06-03-21, 00:05.

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post

The garden is very odd. Looks like the beer garden of a pub.

Comment

Merging the topics of Muslims and the Tenters area, many moons ago the aul lad had two Iranian lads lodging with him. Seemed sound but quite innocent. Cant remember why they were here, maybe studying, dunno.

Anyway Xmas day myself and the missus arrive up to his house for dinner. Into the kitchen we go and there's the two lads pissed as farts launching into the ham joint. "Bad Muslims, we very bad Muslims was all i could hear"

Might have told this one before.

I work with some Mauritian lads.

Went to lunch one time, three of us, me, our boss and Johnny from Mauritius. He changed his name to Johnny when he got here.

Ordered our food, myself and the boss ordered steak sandwiches, Johnny ordered a toasted ham sandwich.

A different waitress brings the food over, a really gorgeous dark girl. Asks who owns what and hands out the plates.

When she walks away Johnny goes 'She's Mauritian, I know by her accemt'

'Oh yeah?' I say.

She's passing by a few mins later and I call her over.

'Hey, are you from Mauritius?' I ask.

She smiles and says yes.

I say 'So is my friend here' and point at Johnny.

She looks at him and says 'Oh really?'

He goes..

'No. No I'm not'

She looks at me with a real confused almost pissed off face and walks off.

'Wtf Johnny?' I ask.

'I'm not supposed to be eating ham'

I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

His physical comedy was exquisite. Incredible and unmatched IMO in recent times in fact (it seems to be largely a thing of the past).

I'm sure he was way too crude for many aficionados but it does beg the questions about how important British 'alternative' comedy was - Elton, Sayle, Comic Strip, Saturday Night Live etc...

Would love to hear Hotspur's take...
                                                                I loved all of that, although I was extremely young at the time. I was seven at the time of The Young Ones and would be allowed to watch it as long as I first went to bed, and then I come down when it was on.

When you consider what Alternative comedy was an alternative to then it was massively important. Club comics with racist, sexist, and homophobic jokes or banal comics telling generic jokes they didn't write. Stand up comedy was mainly conservative, appealed to the status quo, and was stripped of its satire and power to undermine authority or social mores. So they might as well have been juggling acts in the main.

The energy, youthfulness, expressive, and anarchic thrust of the alternative comics was a real force in Britain coming out of the 70s into Thatcher's era. It had a strong effect imo on political correctness and undermined and ridiculed racism and its 'ism' comrades. I thought it was great and turned stand up into more of an art form.

A lot of it doesn't stand up too well now but I think that's actually a measure of it being a movement, revolutionary, and having an energy of a time. Stand up seems fairly dead again as an art form from its height in the 90s, but maybe it's just because I'm just old and out of touch. Still love a bit of Dave Chappelle though.

Comment

I'm gonna kinda make the rules up as I go along but hey, isn't that the spirit of IPB?

Put your name down and expect the unexpected!@

b

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Mustard View Post
                                                                    €300 for a keg of Guinness. Ted I'm going mad.
                                                                    What's that like €4 a pint?? Bargain. Send me your address there.

Comment

I'm gonna kinda make the rules up as I go along but hey, isn't that the spirit of IPB?

Put your name down and expect the unexpected!@

b
                                                                      Put your name down here... https://www.irishpokerboards.com/for...usic-king-2021 ... and, indeed, any crazy ideas you might have

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post

What's that like €4 a pint?? Bargain. Send me your address there.
                                                                        Ha usually wouldn't mind but don't know you. Guy not too far from me got shut down very public. All over every news outlets.. bred a "nice mare".We just keep ourselves to ourselves. Probably 100+ attended my bar. 0% cases Keep out the Dubs or people that live in Dublin out and you're ok. Sorry lads.

Comment

(or anyone else for that matter)...
                                                                          Was rewatching some of Hancock's half hour recently. Still shocked that he died by suicide at only 44. Always think of him as a much older person.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

A lad I know was out cycling near there on Thursday and it seems he had a heart attack and dropped dead there and then, only just about 60 and as fit and active a man as you'd meet, shocking altogether.
                                                                            I re-read that and saw Thursday as I immediately thought of another man from the area who died in a similar manner a few months ago. He was a mature student with me when I was in college, similar shocking situation.

Sorry to hear that. All my wife's family are heavily involved in cycling/triathlon down here so no doubts they know who you're talking about but I didnt hear anything.

Comment

Ha usually wouldn't mind but don't know you. Guy not too far from me got shut down very public. All over every news outlets.. bred a "nice mare".We just keep ourselves to ourselves. Probably 100+ attended my bar. 0% cases Keep out the Dubs or people that live in Dublin out and you're ok. Sorry lads.
                                                                              Ah Pat.

You've no idea of whether your actions have resulted in zero cases. What safety measures are you taking inside, how do you sustain those measures when your punters are seven pints deep?

I've just looked at my Google maps timeline for Feb.

Home, home, home, home, Supervalu, home, home, home.

That's it. That's the month, that was the previous 2 months.

You're a sound fella, but unfort your actions will result in more months like that for me, and for everyone.

It's a massive pain in the hole, I know, and you obv feel you're doing no harm, but unfort it's not much different to insurance fraud in terms of how it affects wider society.

Comment

Yeah...whatever that is

I'm in the midst of trying to do something with my office because I have no taste and my missus wont let me pick anything for any other room in the house.

So in an effort to stick it to her, I'm on a mission to make my office the best designed room in the house. Hoping money is a substitute for style.
                                                                                Almost bought an Eames chair the other day but bought a really nice Guy Roger's Manhattan instead.

Combine that with a handful of nice oils & prints(IPB member included) I feel I'm in a good spot.
                                                                                Taking the small wins in lockdown

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

Ah Pat.

You've no idea of whether your actions have resulted in zero cases. What safety measures are you taking inside, how do you sustain those measures when your punters are seven pints deep?

I've just looked at my Google maps timeline for Feb.

Home, home, home, home, Supervalu, home, home, home.

That's it. That's the month, that was the previous 2 months.

You're a sound fella, but unfort your actions will result in more months like that for me, and for everyone.

It's a massive pain in the hole, I know, and you obv feel you're doing no harm, but unfort it's not much different to insurance fraud in terms of how it affects wider society.
                                                                                  Sorry Laz but I don't think its the same as insurance fraud. I'm not going to try and justify my actions. Hope you and yours keeping well.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post

Tbf you can see the pattern even in his examples, Spanish, French, German you can get a lot of the way there even by understanding "my something is/are something". I don't know German but it's not a leap to understand meine unterhose. Generally there are far more obvious words in languages, that phrase in Spanish, had it ended in flamas it would be easier etc, llamas here is what is know as a "false friend" in languages, because while it does share the same origin as in English (Flamma in Latin), it has evolved over time to be different. If they did not have the same etymological root it would be a false cognate. If it had been pants with "pantalón" and "pantalones" in that phrase, obviously we would understand. Est/están are in lots of languages and are found in English & Latin, is, to be etc. Finnish, Hungarian there may as well be from another planet, whereas the other easier languages share lexical cognates with English.
                                                                                    I'm yanking your chain a little, because obviously Spanish is easier to learn when coming from English than Russian/Hungarian/Simplified Chinese etc but there's a world of difference between easier to learn and easy to learn. Understanding it might mean 'my something is/are something' still leaves you in world of trouble in terms of actually having an effective conversation. Especially when it comes to idioms (same applies to non-native speakers learning any other language of course)

tomar el pelo
                                                                                    ser pan comido
                                                                                    estar como una cabra
                                                                                    no tener pelos en la lengua
                                                                                    quedarse de piedra

To take your example, and RDIII's subsequent picture of llamas...it's pronounced jamas which is kind of confusing because there is a Spanish word that is written as jamas, but that one is pronounced hamas. To add to the confusion llamas means flames in this example, but in another context/sentence it means name. Same spelling, same pronunciation, completely different meaning.

Están could be taken to mean is/to be for sure, but in Spanish we have ser and estar both of which are the verb to be but need to used in correct contexts or they are grammatically incorrect
                                                                                    Ser = DOCTOR = Date Occupation Characteristic Time Origin Relation
                                                                                    Estar = PLACE = Position Location Action Condition Emotion

Similarly we have por/para which means 'for' but also need to be used in the correct context, generally para is before something happens and por is after it happens, but they are replaced by a *to' in certain strange, for me, situations i.e.

I'm waiting to my wife, instead of I'm waiting for my wife

Anyway as I tell my students, There are two things at play, the first is being able to communicate and understand and the second is being grammatically correct. The former can be achieved on a basic level in a few months, i.e. you'll be able to communicate in a basic enough manner as long as there is no jargon or expansive vocabulary needed. The second takes years to master but you'll eventually get there. I personally believe that English is easier to learn coming from Spanish than Spanish is coming from English but that's mostly due to the subtleties in the Spanish language that just don't exist in English.

Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Sorry Laz but I don't think its the same as insurance fraud. I'm not going to try and justify my actions. Hope you and yours keeping well.
                                                                                      Cheers Pat, doing good in the immediate family, have a loved one though that's not in a good place and causing us a lot of anxiety around it. I suppose it's why I'm a bit tetchy about it above.

I know there's no moral equivalence between you and an insurance scammer, I suppose I feel it's somewhat comparable in how small actions, multiplied, have a detrimental effect overall on society.

I'll still want to have a pint with ya when it's safe to let the jackeens in.

Comment

I also think you're a sound guy Pat.

But Laz is wrong. It's not 'the same as insurance fraud'.

It's objectively much worse than that. You're knowingly and deliberately breaking restrictions that are in place to save lives. I don't know what mental gymnastics you engage in to justify this but it's unjustifiable and indefensible.

"We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

In for music game Benny.

Mr Mustard . .

Before Damien Rice hit fame with O I used to see him around the scene . He even did a gig in the Stables when I was there . Pre 2000s . Anyhow I like this tune that didnt make the O cut. Was fun live

This is for Hitchhiker.

Comment

Pat unfortunately has made his thoughts on this clear in that he does not intend to justify his actions.Trying to get my head around it. For what it's worth going personally to continue observing restrictions, wearing mask etc.

100 in a bar and 0 cases is not possible. You might get away with for a night or 2. And when Jimmy doesnt turn up one night none of the other patrons are going to tell you hes at home sick or hasnt been in work for the last 4 days.

Feel I'm wasting my time asking him to reconsider and wasting my time typing. Bit deflated though wondering how long this will go on given some people couldn't give 2 fucks.

Comment

Guest Is there a dartboard?

Comment

Fucking google's monthly timeline email has become a depressing ritual, this month it managed to miss the day I took a skite over to the curragh to watch a horse work

sMhhpvw.png

Comment

First Music King king in a year kicking off shortly. Get your name down and show us what ya got!

Comment

High quality dicking around in your own box in the Burnley - Arsenal game.

Comment

Master of Puppets released 35 years ago today.

Love their guitar tone from back then. Came across this when I was doing a project a few months ago to teach myself python

I was trying to make an app to generate interactive song stats for any band. need to sit down and finish it. Just running on a free host so it's a bit sluggish and there's still the occasional bug.

SPOILER
                                                                                                      Attached Files
                                                                                                      Last edited by Denny Crane; 06-03-21, 13:50.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

Love their guitar tone from back then. Came across this when I was doing a project a few months ago to teach myself python

I was trying to make an app to generate song interactive stats for any band. need to sit down and finish it. Just running on a free host so it's a bit sluggish and there's still the occasional bug.

SPOILER
                                                                                                        Cool.

What data sets are you using?

edit: Ah. I see Spotify here....

KeyError: 0
                                                                                                        Traceback:
                                                                                                        File "/app/.heroku/python/lib/python3.6/site-packages/streamlit/script_runner.py", line 332, in _run_script exec(code, module.__dict__)
                                                                                                        File "/app/spotify_setlist.py", line 1101, in <module> first_played_country = df[df['first_played'] == first_played]['venue.city.country.name'][0]
                                                                                                        File "/app/.heroku/python/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pandas/core/series.py", line 882, in __getitem__ return self._get_value(key)
                                                                                                        File "/app/.heroku/python/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pandas/core/series.py", line 990, in _get_value loc = self.index.get_loc(label)
                                                                                                        File "/app/.heroku/python/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pandas/core/indexes/base.py", line 2900, in get_loc raise KeyError(key) from err

Comment

Come on Pat, turn on the old Pat Mustard charm.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

Cheers Pat, doing good in the immediate family, have a loved one though that's not in a good place and causing us a lot of anxiety around it. I suppose it's why I'm a bit tetchy about it above.

I know you're no moral equivalence between you and an insurance scammer, I suppose I feel it's somewhat comparable in how small actions, multiplied, have a detrimental effect overall on society.

I'll still want to have a pint with ya when it's safe to let the jackeens in.
                                                                                                            I understand where you and everyone on here are coming from. Sorry to hear about your family member and look forward to having a pint with you in the future.

@Chad yeah we have a dartboard but nobody uses it
                                                                                                            dinekes sorry ye gone past the stage of giving 2 fecks tbh. I know of only 1 person (family and friends) who has had it.. who incidentally works in Tallaght hospital.
                                                                                                            @RD can't disagree with anything you've said. No mental gymnastics needed. Pure selfishness I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

]
                                                                                                              That's mad. Never heard that. Googled the original, by a hardcore band called Fang. Nirvana covered it also.

Comment

I understand where you and everyone on here are coming from. Sorry to hear about your family member and look forward to having a pint with you in the future.

@Chad yeah we have a dartboard but nobody uses it
                                                                                                                dinekes sorry ye gone past the stage of giving 2 fecks tbh. I know of only 1 person (family and friends) who has had it.. who incidentally works in Tallaght hospital.
                                                                                                                @RD can't disagree with anything you've said. No mental gymnastics needed. Pure selfishness I suppose.
                                                                                                                Feck ya anyway. Gasping for a pint, even more so now. Lovely lovely pints. Gonna make my post-pandemic resolution to spend more time in the pub.

Comment

Dry Feb over. Didnt quite make the whole month tbh cracked on the 27th. Still not too bad.

Will be having some wine tonight (at home by the way)so expect a drunken rant at some stage! Could be on any number of ranty topics.

in poker news bought into a 25c 50c game for $50 last night and cashed out for $570 (party poker) Happy Days

Also tried to place a bet on Balfes last pick but didnt go through luckily.....his next one sure to be a winner!!

Actually would love a game of darts and a few Guinness.

Comment

Hitchhiker's Guide To... Were you in Ranelagh today just after 1 with the wife and 2 kids by any chance?

Thought it was you but wasn't sure

Comment

same logic as the rural drinker who has 8 pints and drives on quiet roads, will be grand til its not.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                                        same logic as the rural drinker who has 8 pints and drives on quiet roads, will be grand til its not.
                                                                                                                        Yeah. There's no way Hitch should be in Ranelagh

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                                          Very true

Its prob already happening or happened just not with serious enough repercussions for anyone to care.
                                                                                                                          And even if (when) someones 80 year old mother/farher/granny dies sure nothing to do with them. Probably all go to the funeral and get pissed after. "she was grand last week when Paddy dropped round to see her"

So easy to absolve yourself from being responsible. The Covid deniers especially given its low fatality rate for most age groups. And yet its wiped out nearly 1 in 400 of some countries' populations. Every line crossed no matter how small is another x % chance it continues or gets worse or that some poor fucker gets his ticket punched but rest assured that had nothing to do with that party or that meet up or whatever because my fucking pint/book club/insert stupid hobby here club is more important than other peoples health and I know better than them doctors and scientists anyway.

Friends daughter (student 21years old) got it at party infected both her parents. Out partying again recently (lying to Garda at checkpoint about being on her way to study in college at w/e at night)

Fuck it.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X