This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
    I was carrying home two takeaway Guinness last night, it garnered an unnerving amount of attention and looks down the street.
    There was definitely a bit of a buzz about the place last night.

I left work around 8 and there was a few people hanging around the Bernard Shaw. I cut up through St William St and there was about 20 people hanging out on the steps of Powerscourt plus a few others dotted about the street.

There was probably half a dozen people outside the Barge and about a dozen on the opposite side of the bridge down along the wooden jetty. Similar in Ranelagh village, there was a few small groups of people just off the main street hanging around.

I reckon the dry weather over the last few days plus an increase in temperatures combined with people really fed up with this lockdown had people coming out. It was nowhere the numbers or the shenanigans of pre Chrsitmas but was definitely a bit of a buzz around.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post

I left work around 8 and there was a few people hanging around the Bernard Shaw. I cut up through St William St and there was about 20 people hanging out on the steps of Powerscourt plus a few others dotted about the street.

There was probably half a dozen people outside the Barge and about a dozen on the opposite side of the bridge down along the wooden jetty. Similar in Ranelagh village, there was a few small groups of people just off the main street hanging around.

I reckon the dry weather over the last few days plus an increase in temperatures combined with people really fed up with this lockdown had people coming out. It was nowhere the numbers or the shenanigans of pre Chrsitmas but was definitely a bit of a buzz around.

Its probably grand also given the corona numbers are low enough.

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

Its probably grand also given the corona numbers are low enough.
        I wouldn't call 773 new cases low numbers?

Comment

Win the IPB Cheltenham Tipping Comp and you could fund your first consignment in the exciting industry of cocaine distribution.
          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

Fiver won here m8.

Your prize is shit.
            You didn't do the plus, did you? You MUG.
            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post

Is there anything to be said for bringing back The Black & Tans?

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post

lol I know, my wife said the same thing.

I asked for it for the first time ever last week after reading about Ed winning those four monkeys.
                ​​​
                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post

The last time I collected off a lotto ticket in a shop I knew the girl to say hello to

OOOH you won 6 Euro

No, I lost 9

She looked at the ticket, laughed and said ya.... there all in on it I tells ya

Comment

Why play Sexton today? I just don't get it.

Comment

Nice day for a protest

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Comment

Should get the horses in to riot charge them. Scumbags to fire projectiles in Guards faces.
                          This too shall pass.

Comment

EvPutCXXAAQ4o4G?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                              Should get the horses in to riot charge them. Scumbags to fire projectiles in Guards faces.
                              Id have no issue with that scumbag in white getting a couple of rounds shot into him. A firework in the eye easily blind a person. Its basically a little explosive device should have caught him and caved his head in.

Comment

^^^
                                I didn't even notice the can of Heino until someone pointed it out to me.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                                  Spoiler that shit, Kayroo's heart will brake.

Comment

I know rugby prides itself on the respect the ref thing. But sometimes they do need to be repeatedly called 'useless cunts' to their face.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                      I know rugby prides itself on the respect the ref thing. But sometimes they do need to be repeatedly called 'useless cunts' to their face.
                                      Oh come on. The face on Eddie Jones!
                                      A thing of rare and pricless beauty.

To produce a picture like that and bring so much joy to so many, these match officials are great artists.

And there's the salt in the wound right at the end. Sheer poetry.

Comment

Scumbag to do list..

1. Dont feed Rocko as fightin later
                                        2. Get me bet down
                                        3. Pick up fireworks from Jonno
                                        4. Google how to get ta Stephens green
                                        5. Cordoneight......cordin....tell the lads meet me Harcourt st
                                        6. Bring matches
                                        7. 8 Cans for 10 in Spar, VIP get Tanya to pick up 2 packs
                                        8. Shoot some pigs..ha ha
                                        9. Hit Tanya a slap for forgetting cans
                                        10. Hit Tanya a slap anyway..keep her in loine like

Comment

You'd easy know John Higgins missus picks his walk out music for him!

Comment

Wales having the jammiest season ever?

Comment

Ugh, de mudder just rang me to say the beach cabin we spent a month of the summer in every year as kids burned down last night. My grandfather built it before WW2 and it belongs to my uncle now, whose son died of cancer last summer. Truly shit sequence of events.

Comment

I was carrying home two takeaway Guinness last night, it garnered an unnerving amount of attention and looks down the street.
                                                I thought Guinness had stopped brewing. I know kegs have a month past their sell by date as long as there in a cold/cool room. Presume they were fine anyway. Just jealous.
                                                Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Mustard View Post

I thought Guinness had stopped brewing. I know kegs have a month past their sell by date as long as there in a cold/cool room. Presume they were fine anyway. Just jealous.
                                                  A lad I know got one of these ultrasonic jewellery cleaners to use with the Guinness surger cans, he says its perfect.
                                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

A lad I know got one of these ultrasonic jewellery cleaners to use with the Guinness surger cans, he says its perfect.
                                                    Ha haven't seen one of those in years. I remember going to a Celtic & Rangers match in Parkhead about 10 years ago. Early kick off on a Sunday so pubs weren't open. We ended up in some ole wans shed out the back of her house. Nice old shebeen with flat screen tvs and a small pool table. She sold cans of Guinness at a premium price cos she ran them through one of those surge machines.

Comment

Where was doing takeaway pints Denny. Could find myself in the city next week on some essential business and a liquid lunch would be ideal

Comment

In the news for the wrong reasons again. Seen the photo myself... Doesn't look real to me but I'm probably biased.

IHRB promises quick investigation of disputed Gordon Elliott image The Irish Horseracing Regulatory Board (IHRB) is investigating a disputed image of Gordon

Comment

Twink, I knew it... Screenshot_20210228-074628_Twitter.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                            Emmet any chance you're going again on the snap - have a double buggy to shift
                                                            Whilst I suspect we won't be leaving her as an only child, I think pandemic + international move + baby + house purchasing in one calendar year is enough stress.

Expecting a pause to re-assess / reduce the greying.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                              Where was doing takeaway pints Denny. Could find myself in the city next week on some essential business and a liquid lunch would be ideal
                                                              Rody Bolands Traditional Irish Bar in Dublin 6 serving Traditional Homecooked Irish Food & Drinks for over 100 years

Comment

Headed out at 6 o'clock yesterday evening to collect food from clanbrassil House. Our route takes us out of Ranelagh, over the canal at The Barge, down Charlemount St, onto South Circular, left towards Harolds Cross, then up to the canal, and left along it back to Ranelagh.

There was about 200 people either side of the bridge at The Barge with the vast majority boozing.

When we turned back onto the canal, there was huge numbers of people walking towards us which seemed a bit odd. It was only when we got down to Portobello, that we saw three Garda cars and a Public Order van along with dozens of Gaurds dispersing huge crowds of people most with bags of cans. There was way more people around Portobello than at The Barge.

There was also a full on proper party going on in the local park last night. They were as loud as fuck.

Last edited by Lao Lao; 28-02-21, 11:10.

Comment

Smashing, a bit further out than I'd like but sure hope for a bit of sun and have a sit and a pint outside. Ty

Comment

Great Bear 4.30 Naas

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Mustard View Post
                                                                      In the news for the wrong reasons again. Seen the photo myself... Doesn't look real to me but I'm probably biased.
                                                                      I thought it looked a little shopped myself. His left ear in it for example. But who knows.
                                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Would have thought his team or fans would have found the original photos to discredit that one by now. His tweet wasn't exactly a denial either.

Is it a hatchett job by someone else or a couple of acts of stupidity?

Comment

On Prime last night, Tales from the loop popped up, said id watch one and head to bed at midnight. It was closer to 5am when i went, couldent turn it off.

Beautifully shot and a score that reminded me of Leftovers, nice sci-fi feel to it.
                                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

I thought it looked a little shopped myself. His left ear in it for example. But who knows.
                                                                            I became aware of this old picture circulating on social media late last evening. I deeply regret and unreservedly apologise for this photo which was taken over 4 years ago. The animal suffered a cardiac aneurysm on the gallops when I made this momentary but deeply regretted lapse of judgment. As everyone who has ever visited my yard will for, horse welfare and care comes first, second and third in my life and my profession. I live for and love all the animals in my care and this devotion is mirrored daily by each and everyone of my cullentra team.
                                                                            I have been in contact with the I.H.R.B who are investigating this regrettable event and I will assist them in any way I can. I sincerely and unreservedly apologise for this moment of stupidity on my part.

Gordon Elliott.
                                                                            Not shopped so
                                                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Not shopped so
                                                                              Hard to find the words. 'Stupid' definitely doesn't cover it.

Comment

Will be interesting to see who does and doesn't move their horses.

Comment

Will be interesting to see who does and doesn't move their horses.
                                                                                  Absolutely no one imo

Comment

Absolutely no one imo
                                                                                    It'll have some serious blowback imo.

We should have a sidebet on this.

Comment

Probably wouldnt have even been in the top 3 worst things he did that week. Must be a few in the yard sick of his antics that leaked it. Hopefully a few more things get exposed in coming weeks.
                                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                        Probably wouldnt have even been in the top 3 worst things he did that week. Must be a few in the yard sick of his antics that leaked it. Hopefully a few more things get exposed in coming weeks.
                                                                                        Probably one of the women from last weeks show. A woman scorned and all that.

Comment

Some kind soul offer cliffs on the Gorden Elliot thing. I heard about the Shebeen stuff . What else ?

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                                                            Some kind soul offer cliffs on the Gorden Elliot thing. I heard about the Shebeen stuff . What else ?
                                                                                            I can't even describe it, its not clear that the statement DP posted is real lets wait until thats verified.

Comment

I can't even describe it, its not clear that the statement DP posted is real lets wait until thats verified.
                                                                                              I'm not Kayroo , it doesn't have to stand up in court. I'll take idle gossip

Comment

I'm not Kayroo , it doesn't have to stand up in court. I'll take idle gossip
                                                                                                This is a fuller version of what DP posted, I've lifted it from a post on boards

Gordon Elliott has issued an apology and provided some context for the controversial photo that emerged on social media on Saturday night that showed him sitting on a dead horse on the side of a gallop, insisting that "horse welfare and care are at the core of everything" that is done at his Cullentra House Stables.

Elliott had already said on Twitter that he would be "cooperating fully" with an Irish Horseracing Regulatory Board (IHRB) investigation into the image, which prompted the BHA to urge the Irish authorities to act quickly to confirm how the "shocking picture" originated.

The IHRB's official investigation remains a work in progress, but, via a statement on Sunday night, Elliott has sought to provide some background to the sequence of events that led to the picture.

The statement read: "I would like to address the speculation and rumours that have been rife since an old photo of me began circulating on social media yesterday afternoon.

"Firstly, I apologise profoundly for any offence that this photo has caused and can categorically state that the welfare of each and every horse under my care is paramount and has been central to the success that we have enjoyed here at Cullentra.

"The photo in question was taken some time ago and occurred after a horse had died of an apparent heart attack on the gallops. I appreciate that an initial viewing of this photo suggests it is a callous and staged photo but nothing could be further from the truth.

"At what was a sad time, which it is when any horse under my care passes away, my initial reaction was to get the body removed from where it was positioned.

"I was standing over the horse waiting to help with the removal of the body, in the course of which, to my memory I received a call and, without thinking, I sat down to take it. Hearing a shout from one of my team, I gestured to wait until I was finished.

"Such background information may seem trivial at this time and will not allay the concerns of many people both within and outside the world of horse racing.

"However, I feel it is important to provide people with some context surrounding this photo. To the racing community, to anyone who has worked with and loves horses and to anyone offended by this image I cannot apologise enough.

"Horse welfare and the care and attention to detail involved is absolutely at the core of everything we do here and both myself and all of my team pride ourselves on those standards.

"Again I apologise for any offence caused and ask people to consider this statement as opposed to the various falsehoods and misinformation being circulated on social media.

"At this time I would like to stress that I continue to extend my full cooperation with the ongoing IHRB investigation."

The image, posted from an account unconnected to the Grand National and Gold Cup-winning trainer, was widely circulated on the social media platform, leading the IHRB to tweet that it was aware of the picture on social media and that "an investigation was taking place".

Elliott initially responded on Twitter to say: "I'm aware of a photo in circulation on social media. The IHRB have been in contact with me regarding this photo and I will be cooperating fully with their investigation."

Comment

+1 for idle gossip. The idler the better.

Comment

Hopefully some of the papers run with the image on the front page tomorrow. Show the public the reality of the scum involved in this mickey mouse "sport" that exists for little more than facilitating gambling addictions. Fair play to Elliott for hammering another nail in the coffin. Tick tock...

Comment

Originally posted by Silly Gilly View Post
                                                                                                      Hopefully some of the papers run with the image on the front page tomorrow. Show the public the reality of the scum involved in this mickey mouse "sport" that exists for little more than facilitating gambling addictions. Fair play to Elliott for hammering another nail in the coffin. Tick tock...
                                                                                                      Yeah not sure what people are up in arms about- what do people think happens to loser horses?

from the Pearl clutching I was expecting the pic to be of Mr.Elliot being covered by Tiger Roll

Comment

Kinda wondering what all the fuss is about myself.
                                                                                                        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

I'd imagine there's some sort of sausage-related quote. About people liking the outcome but that seeing the process might turn off a fair few folk.

Comment

In other news...i cooked a steak tonight....cow, although...i have heard horse is quiet nice.

PXL-20210228-163936656.jpg

PXL-20210228-180318327.jpg

PXL-20210228-180906662.jpg

Attached Files
                                                                                                            This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post

Yeah not sure what people are up in arms about- what do people think happens to loser horses?

from the Pearl clutching I was expecting the pic to be of Mr.Elliot being covered by Tiger Roll
                                                                                                              Too far on the Tiger Roll . It's only been a week since he spun off the road.

Comment

Nothing to see here. Master is a great guy. How dare you question his actions? Outrage for outrages sake. He had no other option. Would you prefer if it went into the bin? Bla, bla, bla......

"Coombe master did not vaccinate students on standby, inquiry hears".

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                                                                  Nothing to see here. Master is a great guy. How dare you question his actions? Outrage for outrages sake. He had no other option. Would you prefer if it went into the bin? Bla, bla, bla......

"Coombe master did not vaccinate students on standby, inquiry hears".

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/irel...ears-1.4497566
                                                                                                                  The fact that he vaccinated his children who are at no risk at all says it all- what a gimp

Comment

I'm only upset because I was literally there that night and didn't get an offer.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

It'll have some serious blowback imo.

We should have a sidebet on this.
                                                                                                                      Betfair have dumped him anyway.

Between this and the Charles Byrnes saga, racing really is doing a wonderful job of kicking its own hole.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Betfair have dumped him anyway.

Between this and the Charles Byrnes saga, racing really is doing a wonderful job of kicking its own hole.
                                                                                                                        Plenty of Jockeys have sat on dead horses costing me a few Bob over the years .

Be EPic is he went on a run of good form. All will be forgotten

Comment

Plenty of Jockeys have sat on dead horses costing me a few Bob over the years .

Be EPic is he went on a run of good form. All will be forgotten
                                                                                                                          no need to flog it any longer

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X