Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't want to go to the hassle of registering an account. Think I had an account and then it was shut down for lack of use, so it might be hassle to restart it. Does that mean you can't buy with your card in shops?
    "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Now i have to deposit to lottery.ie...FOMO
      This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

You can do the lotto online with a debit card. They stopped accepting credit cards recently.
        You can pay with honey in our local one jar of honey for 2 lines with the plus

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
          Now i have to deposit to lottery.ie...FOMO
          If you end up splitting it with me you prick i will track you down and break your bbq shelter. I have very specific plans that need the full €210 million.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

If you end up splitting it with me you prick i will track you down and break your bbq shelter. I have very specific plans that need the full €210 million.
            1st you have to get past the cryptic lottery.ie lodge money process. If you are stuck I've a 4 year old here can help you. .

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
              Strewelpeter do I recall you having bees? I was watching that show The Missing and the lead has become a bee hobbyist in his spare time but he can't get them to produce honey. I thought of you watching it and was wondering if I was getting confused.

I know someone else on here has them but don't want to tag as I'm not 100% sure. Anyway I've since checked and it does seem like a pretty hard thing to get right.
              I've three hives here but No2 Daughter is supposedly the beekeeper, they haven't been very productive yet but hoping to get a good haul this year.
              Originally posted by oleras View Post

brianmc is the bee man.
              Brian is the man, top class beekeeper.

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
              My sister has bee hives on a huge farm, they don't take the honey, let them have the craic with it.
              I can't even... not sure whether to laugh or cry.

Why the fuck would anyone want to keep honeybees as pets, they are in no way endangered or scarce, just put up bee boxes, sow flowers and create habitats (maybe if we called them safe spaces ) for some of the other hundred odd native species of bees that are in deep shit. Grrrrrrrrrrr and people wonder at why I get frustrated at veganism, what a crock of shite

Attached Files
              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

If I sound like a cunt today that's because I am.
                Went off on one in work over a short term workaround for someone else's bug that I hacked in 5 years ago. Now its needed again in another spot and I'm dragging up mails from 5 years ago and doing the usual dev prima donna act before obviously doing everyone the favour of fixing up their mess again

Sometimes its fun to be the dickhead

Comment

You're all playing for 2nd. At least you weren't a mug like Ed, wasted his luck on a measly 2k

Comment

And that's nothing to the mood I will be in if Never Mistabeat runs any way well in the first at Fundalk, we have one who has had an endless stream of issues and setback but has suddenly appeared to find herself in absolutely flying form and destroying that stablemate on the gallops but I can confidently predict that form will vanish and she'll be running like one of BJ's tips that Dice has backed by the time we manage to find a race for her

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                      I can't even... not sure whether to laugh or cry.

Why the fuck would anyone want to keep honeybees as pets, they are in no way endangered or scarce, just put up bee boxes, sow flowers and create habitats (maybe if we called them safe spaces ) for some of the other hundred odd native species of bees that are in deep shit. Grrrrrrrrrrr and people wonder at why I get frustrated at veganism, what a crock of shite

It has nothing to do with veganism, they were just inherited by her boyfriend, who is rewilding a lot of the farm and they have left the bees bee for now.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                        It has nothing to do with veganism, they were just inherited by her boyfriend, who is rewilding a lot of the farm and they have left the bees bee for now.
                        Bees be Bees

That great and I'm sure they are doing great things for bio diversity with the rewilding, I hope they can make a living along with it, GL to them.

Comment

FML

Finished second so I lose my bet as well, today is going swimmingly
                          Last edited by Strewelpeter; 26-02-21, 16:09.

Comment

If I sound like a cunt today that's because I am.
                            Went off on one in work over a short term workaround for someone else's bug that I hacked in 5 years ago. Now its needed again in another spot and I'm dragging up mails from 5 years ago and doing the usual dev prima donna act before obviously doing everyone the favour of fixing up their mess again

Sometimes its fun to be the dickhead
                            I'm a month into my new job today and am rapidly coming to the conclusion I was sold a pup, whereby I am expected to either clean up or else be the fall guy for a shitshow of epic proportions. Plus I am now a manager again which is my idea of hell. Yay.

Didn't back your horse which would have pissed me off even more as it looked to be a case of the best horse in the race managing to get beat.
                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

I always do it with debit card no problem in shops. Did it earlier in Post Offoce as was in there but for some reason they only could give me on line at a time so paid 4 times with debit

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

I'm a month into my new job today and am rapidly coming to the conclusion I was sold a pup, whereby I am expected to either clean up or else be the fall guy for a shitshow of epic proportions. Plus I am now a manager again which is my idea of hell. Yay.

Didn't back your horse which would have pissed me off even more as it looked to be a case of the best horse in the race managing to get beat.
                                I guess the issue then becomes:

- is it maybe such a shitshow that even a small improvement will make you look like a god

- is it such a shitshow that no one will know if you are doing a good or a bad job

- do you need to parlay it rapidly into an exit plan as it will explode soon

- would a year in the position give you even more uplift in an exit plan

- can it be fixed and then you get annointed as the midas touch

(I'd imagine we all want to assign 100% to the last possibility, but maybe the smart money recognises the other four routes as very valid).

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                  I always do it with debit card no problem in shops. Did it earlier in Post Offoce as was in there but for some reason they only could give me on line at a time so paid 4 times with debit
                                  I went into a grandly named Eurospar in the end. Said can I have eight lines. She said well it's six per sheet. So do you want six lines and two lines. She looked a bit worried as if counting above six wasn't covered in training so I settled for six lines. It seems you can indeed pay with a card.
                                  ​​​

Comment

I went into a grandly named Eurospar in the end. Said can I have eight lines. She said well it's six per sheet. So do you want six lines and two lines. She looked a bit worried as if counting above six wasn't covered in training so I settled for six lines. It seems you can indeed pay with a card.
                                    ​​​
                                    "Two line quickpick scoops €210 Million in Eurospar"

Comment

"Two line quickpick scoops €210 Million in Eurospar"
                                      The Hitch Sino-Russo Foundation of Ireland, founded 2021.
                                      Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Welcome back.

I have been in this position for a bit, except its not so much fall guy as it is, this company just doesn't really get it. Poor leadership has made a company of yes men.
                                        I now have the option of being a yes man, and taking the paycheck, or moving and likely getting paid less.

I have been furiously working on my own app recently as an outlet for my frustration.

Is there a way you can just let it burn down around you and not stress? Cos thats my poor poor advice.
                                        This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                        All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                        The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post

I think Dice was referring to the 2 lines he left to the next punter.
                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

- is it maybe such a shitshow that even a small improvement will make you look like a god

- is it such a shitshow that no one will know if you are doing a good or a bad job

(I'd imagine we all want to assign 100% to the last possibility, but maybe the smart money recognises the other four routes as very valid).

Option 4.
                                            This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                            All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                            The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Looking for something to hang in my office. Saw this, feel it could suit this new foundation: https://www.donedeal.ie/antiques-for...ivery/27359275

Comment

Would be the icing on the cake to get the €210m AND save on those two extra lines.

Comment

All good questions and my analysis had not gone into such fine-grained taxonomical classifications of shitshow, beyond the ability to recognise a shitshow when I am in one.

On reflection it's probably mostly B and I should just kick back and wait for the thing to explode. Frustrating though.

Comment

Would be the icing on the cake to get the €210m AND save on those two extra lines.
                                                    Would clearly not be as enjoyable as winning the IPB Cheltenham Tipping Comp though.

Comment

Ah management, the joy of spending 95% of your time trying to get other people to just do the fucking job they're paid to do...

Comment

Emmet any chance you're going again on the snap - have a double buggy to shift

Comment

You can buy all the icing lines you want once you win the 210m

Comment

Pretty impressive amount to be shipping in the one go
                                                            Authorities in Germany and Belgium seized more than 23,000 kilograms (50,700 pounds) of cocaine, worth billions of dollars, in an international operation that resulted in one arrest, officials said Wednesday, calling it the largest amount of cocaine ever seized in Europe.
                                                            Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Mustard View Post
                                                              Wowsers!

Comment

Win the largest ever Euromillions jackpot tonight and you couldn't even buy a fraction of it

Comment

Win the largest ever Euromillions jackpot tonight and you couldn't even buy a fraction of it
                                                                  seems like a bit of an amateur play to have it all in one consignment

Speaking of which, I'm sure Lao Lao could tell us some tales...

Comment

Street value no, wholesale definitely

Comment

Maybe that's just the bit they left for plod to find whilst the big consignment went out on the other truck.

Comment

​​​
                                                                        I remember asking for €20 phone credit in Xtravision and the girl said 'sorry, we' ve none left, all sold out'

I said 'do you have €10 credit?'

'yes'

'Can I have 2x €10 credit then please'
                                                                        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

​​​
                                                                          Ufff, would you not have gone 4 lines plus 4 lines?
                                                                          Seems risky not to be spreading the variance out.
                                                                          ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Think I would genuinely rather scoop the Irish Lotto on a wet Wednesday, enough to make up a nice pension, than a stupidly large Euro pot that would be a full time job to manage.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                              And bananas with different colours and flavours. Imagine how much better life would be with these available in Ireland...

Cooking-Bananas-578fd68c3df78c09e97422a4.jpg
                                                                              hb-blue-java-bananas-1556309212.jpg?crop=0.945xw:0.859xh;0.00864xw,0.0597xh&resize=480:*.jpg
                                                                              6Red-Bananas.jpg
                                                                              Fucking Big Fruit just giving us 99% Cavendish.

The Irish guys behind fyffes always seemed particularly inept at running a business that was a virtual monopoly.
                                                                              Last edited by Denny Crane; 26-02-21, 21:03.

Comment

Think I would genuinely rather scoop the Irish Lotto on a wet Wednesday, enough to make up a nice pension, than a stupidly large Euro pot that would be a full time job to manage.
                                                                                I've always imagined V for V would be happy to manage it (part time) for a good while for about 2% of the gross.
                                                                                Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Must be a particularly tough time for them. No other movement to hide stuff in.

Was just thinking the other day that the guards would probably be reasonable in being suspicious of anyone going to an ATM. What use would anyone have for cash other than coke and hookers, and illegal builders.

Comment

Grayson Perry's art club on Channel 4 is a proper little gem of a programme. He's a very impressive dude the Reith lectures he did for the BBC a couple of years ago were very good and I was very taken with this pot of his that in the Kelvingrove in Glasgow, right beside a most impressive Harry Clarke window

1*J3P5N0tYGDeuCQbgEtXX7w.png

Comment

Grayson Perry's art club on Channel 4 is a proper little gem of a programme. He's a very impressive dude
                                                                                      I can't stand the chap. Probably reminds me too much of the deliberately ugly drag scene in Dublin 30 years ago. Tiny pic pot isn't helping.
                                                                                      Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

I can't stand the chap. Probably reminds me too much of the deliberately ugly drag scene in Dublin 30 years ago. Tiny pic pot isn't helping.
                                                                                        Bigger pic doesn't really help much its one of those things that you'd need to see in the flesh. The whole Claire alter ego thing is a bit out there until you hear him talk about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

Must be a particularly tough time for them. No other movement to hide stuff in.

Was just thinking the other day that the guards would probably be reasonable in being suspicious of anyone going to an ATM. What use would anyone have for cash other than coke and hookers, and illegal builders.
                                                                                          When I worked in a pub on the river near Fulham/Chelsea, on warm weekends various Tarquins would rush to the bar impatiently looking for cash back
                                                                                          Almost always £50
                                                                                          Loudly! so basically announcing to the whole pub what was going on

You need to buy something to get cashback... buys a round and runs out door

Id follow them out the door, watch them talk to some lad on a scooter and walk back towards to pub with a big smile on their face

Where you going?... Back in the pub

No you're not! .... But but

Fella, you did that in front of the whole pub, not exactly leaving us a choice, Im supposed to call the police but if you fuck off now... er thanks

Drinks still sitting on the bar

That or 5 of them going to the toilet at the same time like kids running after the icecream truck

The complaints about baby oil on various parts of the toilets were always fun

How do you know there is baby oil on that?... Would you like to leave now?

Not sure if cocaine is a drug that makes you a fucktard, or a drug you take because you're a fucktard, but it defiantly is a fucktards drug!

Comment

I remember a member of staff (coke head) smugly started giving myself and another manager(absolutely everything head) shit about this once

What if someone quietly goes to the toilet, does coke off their phone and doesn't make a scene, what you going to do?

Two of us looked at each other and started laughing , er nothing, hope they enjoy themselves

Comment

According to estimates of consumption from drug charities that haul amounts to nearly three years worth of consumption for the whole of London

Comment

This is what an NFT worth $6.6 million looks like.

A work by net artist Beeple sold for a record-breaking $6.6 million on Nifty Gateway, a cryptocurrency market for digital art.

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

It's a pity no one will ever be able to make an actual documentary about it. Watching the route from farm, to processing, to logistics through all the various levels and pay offs, all to fall off some eejits key in a toilet in Dublin. Would make interesting viewing.
                                                                                                  Last edited by Denny Crane; 26-02-21, 23:07.

Comment

Won €4 on the mills hupppp
                                                                                                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Speaking of which, I'm sure Lao Lao could tell us some tales...
                                                                                                      In almost 25 years of doing this lark, I've actually only ever had three dodgy shipments.

All three had the same M.O. All prepaid shipments, all consigned to an actual bona fide company here in Ireland. All three had a lad call the office a few weeks before arrival to tell us he was an engineer/contractor/working on a special project and that the incoming container was needed for his work. He would always be regularly out of the office so best to get him on the mobile and he'd co-ordinate everything.

On the fist two shipments, (counterfeit cigarettes and drugs) we just got a call from Irish customs to say the cargo had been removed from the container in Rotterdam by Dutch customs but they had let the empty container come through to Dublin to try catch the importer. We were told to play along with the delivery and never heard of the outcome. Fairly easy from our point of view although we did have very good fun with the cigarette shipment that I'll come to later.

The 3rd shipment was not so pleasant. We had two very senior customs officers arrive into the office unannounced and they requested a private meeting with me and the person looking after the shipment (I was the Agency Manager at the time) There was a tension in the air and you could tell this was serious. They asked questions and took notes but never gave anything away. At the end of it, they advised that me and anybody involved in the shipment to take a different route home every evening after work for the next week or so and to remain vigilant. Alarm bells were ringing in my head and I pushed for more info. I mean, you can't leave on that kind of message. The two customs officers looked at each other, gave each other a nod and said 'All we can say is, north of the border, if you catch my drift' and with that, they were gone. Thankfully, nothing ever happened but it didn't stop me checking under my car every day for about two weeks and being paranoid if a car was behind me in traffic for more than 30 minutes.

On the cigarette shipment, we had great craic. The lad who was looking after the shipment was the office practical joker. Absolutely lovely guy (am still friends with him) but he caught everybody out in the office repeatedly, not in a bad way at all, was genuinely good fun. When we got word that the shipment was counterfeit cigarettes, I got an idea to get back at him. The next day, a 'taxi driver' dropped in and paid some local charges in cash, it was about 500 quids worth so it was totally out of kilter for a legit company to pay charges like that. The next day, the contractor, Nick, called asking if we could deliver the container. We had to go along with it so another taxi driver dropped in more cash to cover the cost, with the delivery booked for the next day. I started to wind up the lad I worked with.

'Nick's taxi driver knows your face'
                                                                                                      'They're going to know that you knew the container was empty and goods was seized'
                                                                                                      'They might think you were in on ratting them out'
                                                                                                      'They probably followed you home to keep tabs on you'
                                                                                                      'They might even think you pocketed the cash as you knew it was a fake shipment so you owe them'

It went on and on for a full day and early on the next day ahead of the 10:30am delivery.

At 10:40, I got my supervisor to go to one of the offices upstairs and ring in to the office, I made sure I took the call. The lad looking after the shipment, let's call him Tim (not his real name) was on a call.

All he could hear was me saying

'Hi, No, Tim is on a call at the minute'
                                                                                                      'Where are you calling from Nick'
                                                                                                      'No, he's actually on a call'
                                                                                                      'Ok, calm down Nick, why are you shouting me?'
                                                                                                      'Sorry Nick, there's no need to be screaming abuse at me, Tim is genuinely on a call'

I really hammed it up.

Tim hung up his call and I put Nick on hold. 'Tim', I said, 'Nick is on here. he is fucking livid, he said you have screwed him, that you are a snitch, he knows where you live and you wants to know what you've done with his stuff;

The blood drained out of the poor lads face. He ran upstairs to our boss asking what to do (he was in on the wind up) and told him, he'd have to take the call and front it out. Tim returned to his desk, took about 6 seriously deep breaths to try psych himself up and then I transferred the call to him. As he picked up the phone, the whole office pissed themselves laughing.

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                                                                                      Maybe that's just the bit they left for plod to find whilst the big consignment went out on the other truck.
                                                                                                      It was generally a 10% hit rate for customs. For every shipment they caught, 9 others got in and pretty much every single one caught is intelligence based, they don't just happen to stumble across it. That always led cynical me to believe that the people running the show were deliberately leaking the info somehow but maybe I've just watched too much TV.

Comment

I've always imagined V for V would be happy to manage it (part time) for a good while for about 2% of the gross.
                                                                                                        I’d only charge mates rates of 1% for anyone from IPB. I think the real issue is not managing the money but managing the disbursement to friends and family. The actual money management piece would be very easy.
                                                                                                        ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

This is what an NFT worth $6.6 million looks like.

Time to break out the MSPaint

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post

How much did the plod take for personal use?
                                                                                                            How much did they take to sell?

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post

I’d only charge mates rates of 1% for anyone from IPB. I think the real issue is not managing the money but managing the disbursement to friends and family. The actual money management piece would be very easy.
                                                                                                              Would they not just have a list of 1%ers or whatever that were part of the "syndicate"?

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                                                Won €4 on the mills hupppp
                                                                                                                Fiver won here m8.

Your prize is shit.
                                                                                                                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

pfth...2x€4 return on €21....almost as good as a weeks punting on PP.
                                                                                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Would they not just have a list of 1%ers or whatever that were part of the "syndicate"?
                                                                                                                    I've been told that's the way it works but maybe it's changed to avoid people doing exactly this.

Comment

I see Ireland have finally seen the light. All 7 starting backs from Leinster. Plus 4 of the forwards and 4 of the replacements.

Comment

I was carrying home two takeaway Guinness last night, it garnered an unnerving amount of attention and looks down the street.

Comment

If De gea plays against Chelsea and Giroud plays for Chelsea. He is a model for 1st goalscorer. Worth a tenner ( yes 2 fivers)

in other news. Never heard of this place. Looks amazing

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X