Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spot on about the government lads. Leo and Simon were honest and realistic and so were perceived to be "playing a blinder". Micheál has tried to do the same thing but lacks credibility.
    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
      Spot on about the government lads. Leo and Simon were honest and realistic and so were perceived to be "playing a blinder". Micheál has tried to do the same thing but lacks credibility.
      He does have the "I'm incredibly concerned and sincere, so much so that I'm permanently constipated, but haven't a fucking clue how to fix things, sorry lads" face down though.

I think I'd nearly prefer some outright Boris or Trump-style lies at this stage. You would miss auld Trumpie all the same.
      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Ugh lions tour this summer
        hoping for a wave 4 now

Comment

Not sure if anyone has eaten in Guilbaulds in the last couple of years, but I distinctly remember getting an amuse Bouche at a work event of cheese puff type things. Well anyway I found a recipe for it, and they are super easy and amazing!

Comment

some ridiculous money to be made here.
            It's basically a cross between fantasy football, a panini sticker album and crypto.
            I'm still finding my feet but have somehow earned .1Eth

sorare.com/r/deadparrot
            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

Oh that's the one. Looks unbelievably good. Seemed to be people living in it.
              It very much looks like a house on Home of the Year that I'm in awe of but I don't want to win.
              In turn, I try to nitpick ridiculous things like "Oh is there really enough colour in that kitchen? Now what I would have done is..."

Cue the house winning it's heat, progressing to the final and then the feeling of vindication arrives when it loses to the quirky coastal cottage in the final.

The gratitude is delayed but worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post

Going to break the bbq out this week, few cans in the garden while watch meat cook while my wife prepares all the sides while minding the kids inside and I claim credit for cooking. Will be a nice mood boost for me.
                Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post

Weather forecast is for storms m9
                Weather for this weekend is looking very promising

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Anyone else get the email saying Paddypower will no longer take credit card, only debt cards. I never liked the idea of using my debt card/current account for betting, so think this may be the end of me using Paddypower online.
                  No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                    Anyone else get the email saying Paddypower will no longer take credit card, only debt cards. I never liked the idea of using my debt card/current account for betting, so think this may be the end of me using Paddypower online.
                    Would you not switch to Revolut? I'm assuming you're in Ireland. I thought anyone not using some type of online wallet would be using Revolut now.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post
                      Not sure if anyone has eaten in Guilbaulds in the last couple of years, but I distinctly remember getting an amuse Bouche at a work event of cheese puff type things. Well anyway I found a recipe for it, and they are super easy and amazing!
                      https://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipe..._cheese_puffs/
                      it's gougeres not gourgeres ffs!!!, so easy to make

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post

Would you not switch to Revolut? I'm assuming you're in Ireland. I thought anyone not using some type of online wallet would be using Revolut now.
                        Maybe I will actually. Tbh I have been too lazy to bother setting up a revolut account.
                        No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                          1. All firms will be moving away from Credit cards in the near term
                          2. Don't use Revolut for gambling or Revolut will close you
                          I've been using revolut on my gambling accounts (Boyles and PartyPoker) since I signed up for it 3 years ago and haven't had any issues.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post

I've been using revolut on my gambling accounts (Boyles and PartyPoker) since I signed up for it 3 years ago and haven't had any issues.
                            I'm the same, never had an issue(BF) but a mate of mine did make a relatively big transfer to them from a trading site before and he had massive issues getting the money unfrozen, as in 3+ months before they'd release it so if I managed to win a semi-substantial amount I'd be hesitant to move it there.

I think if my Revolut was blocked, I'd never gamble at all. It's rare enough as things stand but it would become non-existent then.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                              some ridiculous money to be made here.
                              It's basically a cross between fantasy football, a panini sticker album and crypto.
                              I'm still finding my feet but have somehow earned .1Eth

sorare.com/r/deadparrot
                              Any tips? I'm interested in something like that. Also do I get an extra 100m if signing up through your link?

Comment

Fairly high turnover between in and outs on BF/Party/Stars/PPP for 12 months with no issue thus far

Comment

Is there anything about Revolut + Gambling that you could link to? I basically use Revolut for everything including gambling and would be a massive pain in the hole to get blocked on there!

Comment

Is there anything about Revolut + Gambling that you could link to? I basically use Revolut for everything including gambling and would be a massive pain in the hole to get blocked on there!

Comment

Enter the IPB Tipping Cheltenham Comp 2021 today.

Why?
                                      1. It increases size and girth*.
                                      2. You get to meet a diverse and exciting** range of characters.
                                      3. Let's face it, there's fuck all else to do.
                                      4. Absolutely no skill or knowledge of horse racing required, as a quick glance at the winners list will surely tell you.
                                      5. You could win a relatively large amount of money
                                      6. You can enjoy the sweat, especially the joy of watching others get completely ridden rock solid, if that's your bag.
                                      7. There may even be side bets with GABbetterbetz.ie, for extra sweats
                                      8. FOMO avoidance. Yes, the people in that thread do have infinitely more fun than you, they are better looking, they are richer, they have better sex, they eat and drink like emperors and they have the wit of Robin Williams combined with the dancing skills of Nijinsky (the human, not the horse). A mere fifty euros will entitle you to all these things, possibly for life.*** A bargain!
                                      So don't delay, get over to the thread and sign up like a hungry motherfucker.

*of your wallet
                                      **you would want a pretty broad definition of excitement
                                      ***our lawyers wanted us to take this out but we said these are unquantifiable benefits

Comment

Just FYI you are now asked if you have a Revolut account when applying for a mortgage (or at least I was), and ask for a statement if you acknowledge it. I imagine you can always say you don't, but if they see regular transfers from your current account into Revolut they might chase.

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                          Just FYI you are now asked if you have a Revolut account when applying for a mortgage (or at least I was), and ask for a statement if you acknowledge it. I imagine you can always say you don't, but if they see regular transfers from your current account into Revolut they might chase.
                                          You can even sign up for the Cheltenham tipping comp using Revolut and nobody will bat an eyelid.

Do of course remember to put your IPB handle on the transfer.

Comment

I applied for a credit card a month ago or so with my bank. They must have looked at my account as they said they needed to also see statements for PTSB (old personal account) and Revolut (which we use for 99% of spending). Cue me sending them through the PTSB statements with a note in the email saying "please ignore that very large transfers to and from PaddyPower, this was due to a one off bet on Joe Biden to be US president". Seemed a stupid thing to be writing, but I couldn't just send them through without acknowledging the elephant in the room? Like it was literally the only transaction in the PTSB account and for many many thousands.

Anyway they never got back to me
                                            "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

I applied for a credit card a month ago or so with my bank. They must have looked at my account as they said they needed to also see statements for PTSB (old personal account) and Revolut (which we use for 99% of spending). Cue me sending them through the PTSB statements with a note in the email saying "please ignore that very large transfers to and from PaddyPower, this was due to a one off bet on Joe Biden to be US president". Seemed a stupid thing to be writing, but I couldn't just send them through without acknowledging the elephant in the room? Like it was literally the only transaction in the PTSB account and for many many thousands.

Probably just a Republican processing the application.

Also have you never seen How to be Good with Money? Credit cards are a no-no

Comment

Credit Cards are not a means of entering the IPB Cheltenham Tipping comp, compliant as we are for industry best practice.

Comment

Probably just a Republican processing the application.

There's something very creepy about the host of that show imo

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

There really is!

Comment

I just like a bit of financial slack in life. Wanted an overdraft and the guy in the bank says 'oh we don't really do those' and recommended a credit card. Didn't really make sense, but there we go. Thought overdrafts are fairly standard?

Comment

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

I just like a bit of financial slack in life. Wanted an overdraft and the guy in the bank says 'oh we don't really do those' and recommended a credit card. Didn't really make sense, but there we go. Thought overdrafts are fairly standard?
                                                          You could substantially ease your financial worries by winning the IPB Cheltenham Tipping Comp.

Comment

The oddest part for me was when he use to go for a haircut and the hairdresser was nodding along with his explanation.

I like it watching it and comparing myself to other people of a similar age.

Originally posted by Hitch View Post
                                                            Yeah I thought they were standard too. I think credit cards are a little bit of a waste in Ireland unless you actually need the short term money. They're best suited for a competitive market like the US where you use them all the time and the benefits can be good.

Flip side to that of course being is that they're handed out to anyone in the US and your rewards are good because they're fucking over people.

Comment

The oddest part for me was when he use to go for a haircut and the hairdresser was nodding along with his explanation.

I like it watching it and comparing myself to other people of a similar age.

Yeah I thought they were standard too. I think credit cards are a little bit of a waste in Ireland unless you actually need the short term money. They're best suited for a competitive market like the US where you use them all the time and the benefits can be good.

Flip side to that of course being is that they're handed out to anyone in the US and your rewards are good because they're fucking over people.
                                                              In the UK you almost absolutely have to have one to bump up your credit score. It's ridiculous. i had 0 debt, paid all my bills on time, steady job, and got turned down for a phone contract as i had a poor credit score (essentially no debt to review). I eventually got one, which to be fair is pretty practical in terms of insurance on purchases, free travel insurance, and big one off payments.

Comment

You could substantially ease your financial worries by winning the IPB Cheltenham Tipping Comp.
                                                                ummm hello. I'm already a star member of that august gathering. But I do join you in agreeing that these other wasters should also join up so I can give them my money.

Comment

Its things like holiday payments. The time of the year suddenly pops up and you need two grand or something. Use the financial slack to pay and then sort it over the next while. Don't know why banking in Ireland is so hard. Everything seems so painful. Its like the banks think they are doing you a favour.

Comment

I hardly use Twitter but I've no other way to post this. Old ones are the best clips

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                                      I've only used paypal for donkeys years when donating
                                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Its things like holiday payments. The time of the year suddenly pops up and you need two grand or something. Use the financial slack to pay and then sort it over the next while. Don't know why banking in Ireland is so hard. Everything seems so painful. Its like the banks think they are doing you a favour.
                                                                        Probably wouldn't trust myself with one. Currently I'm on a mission to become debt free asap so anything that could sting me for additional interest is gone.
                                                                        The goal is everything but mortgage gone by the end of the year which should be achievable.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post

Any tips? I'm interested in something like that. Also do I get an extra 100m if signing up through your link?
                                                                          you get free rare cards I believe.
                                                                          Tips...
                                                                          Get on sorare data and see historic points and stuff
                                                                          You want players who start over anything else. J League and K League will run all through summer so for me
                                                                          its an avenue that'll keep the $$ ticking over.
                                                                          There's a TON of dead money and some people are spending insane money on cards.

Comment

Probably wouldn't trust myself with one. Currently I'm on a mission to become debt free asap so anything that could sting me for additional interest is gone.
                                                                            The goal is everything but mortgage gone by the end of the year which should be achievable.
                                                                            You should factor winning the IPB Cheltenham Tipping Comp into your calculations.

We all should. It would be foolish not to (unless you're Gimmeabreak).

Comment

You could be like me and have a mortgate without actually having a house.
                                                                              Our solicitor has wisely gone on a short break from work for the next few days leaving us to thursday to find out what the outcome of the 28 day notice is.
                                                                              25% of the way through a no way back option seems a long way into a process with no idea what is to be done at the end of it.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

In the UK you almost absolutely have to have one to bump up your credit score. It's ridiculous. i had 0 debt, paid all my bills on time, steady job, and got turned down for a phone contract as i had a poor credit score (essentially no debt to review). I eventually got one, which to be fair is pretty practical in terms of insurance on purchases, free travel insurance, and big one off payments.
                                                                                Win this years IPB Cheltenham Tipping Comp and you'll have no need of a credit score ever again.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

You could be like me and have a mortgate without actually having a house.
                                                                                  Our solicitor has wisely gone on a short break from work for the next few days leaving us to thursday to find out what the outcome of the 28 day notice is.
                                                                                  25% of the way through a no way back option seems a long way into a process with no idea what is to be done at the end of it.
                                                                                  Claim victory in the IPB Cheltenham Tipping Comp and you can hire a proper crooked solicitor to sort you out. Like these guys.

Comment

Solid shilling RDIII

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                      Solid shilling RDIII
                                                                                      If its shillings you want why not enter the IPB..........never mind he does it better .

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

If its shillings you want why not enter the IPB..........never mind he does it better .
                                                                                        Speaking of shillings, found a pre-decimal penny in the garden at the weekend.

Fuck me, coins were enormous yokes back in the day.

1928pennyhen.tmb-thumbnail.jpg?sfvrsn=1.jpg

Comment

You would win 12,000 old pennies if you were to win the IPB Cheltenham Tipping Comp.

Edit: Actually that's merely the cost of entry. You could win about 300,000 of the things. Which would be 25,000 shillings. Or indeed 10,000 half crowns.

I realise that this will be bringing back strong memories for Strewelpeter.
                                                                                          Last edited by Raoul Duke III; 23-02-21, 16:57.

Comment

You would win 12,000 old pennies if you were to win the IPB Cheltenham Tipping Comp.
                                                                                            You wouldn't be able to carry them home I'm reliably informed just one is the size of a wagon wheel

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

You wouldn't be able to carry them home I'm reliably informed just one is the size of a wagon wheel
                                                                                              A quick calculation tells me that one IPB Cheltenham Tipping Comp entry would buy you 309 Wagon Wheels.

Not hard to see where the value lies.

Comment

Speaking of shillings, found a pre-decimal penny in the garden at the weekend.

Fuck me, coins were enormous yokes back in the day.

1928pennyhen.tmb-thumbnail.jpg?sfvrsn=1.jpg
                                                                                                Someone was telling me that a 20p coin from 1985 is worth a few grand now. Bitcoin my backside, I'm going rooting through my old bedroom next time im in the aul lads. I used get 20p a week pocket money back then

Comment

Just found out an Irish Times sub is free for students and I'm wondering what else I'm missing out on that people know about?

Assume everyone here knew about this but long for anyone that's a student and not signed up
                                                                                                  The Irish Times student subscription offers free unlimited access to The Irish Times online on all devices including archive access, Simplex & Crosaire Crosswords, free eBooks and student resources.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

Someone was telling me that a 20p coin from 1985 is worth a few grand now. Bitcoin my backside, I'm going rooting through my old bedroom next time im in the aul lads. I used get 20p a week pocket money back then
                                                                                                    I have a handful of old coins, must have a root.
                                                                                                    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Is it legal /odd that a new job in a public sector role be advertised with "Candidates must currently work for this organisation for the last 2 years"?

thought internal panels etc. were allowed only after a general open interview had taken place?
                                                                                                      ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                                                        Actually Mandré was the helmet originator and a very fine first funk album he made too (20 years before Daft Punk of course) !

So they just nicked their schtick from the black fella and diluted it for middle class white birds to dance and feel hip to at overpriced enormo-fests.

Tepid, beige, French house which begat EDM. C- for originality, F for legacy but B+ for business studies.

Alex Petridis should know better.

Comment

Just found out an Irish Times sub is free for students and I'm wondering what else I'm missing out on that people know about?

Assume everyone here knew about this but long for anyone that's a student and not signed up
                                                                                                          The Irish Times student subscription offers free unlimited access to The Irish Times online on all devices including archive access, Simplex & Crosaire Crosswords, free eBooks and student resources.
                                                                                                          I mentioned it a couple of years ago as I was pleasantly surprised.
                                                                                                          Pretty sure you keep it for a couple of years too so you'll have it for a while.

I used it for Spotify, there's some sort of discount there.
                                                                                                          Also discounted Economist/WSJ and a few others but Keane gave us a free in for some of them

Discount on Apple for educational but thats only around 5-10% if interested.
                                                                                                          I'm sure there's loads but IT definitely one of the better ones I came across too.

Comment

f02sorz5b8j61.jpg

Comment

Half price Amazon prime for up to 4 years with a student email.
                                                                                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

A quick calculation tells me that one IPB Cheltenham Tipping Comp entry would buy you 309 Wagon Wheels.

Not hard to see where the value lies.
                                                                                                                Were you buying the wagon wheels
                                                                                                                can you send me bank details and I will send u my wagon wheel donation

thanks

Comment

The 20p came in in 1986, the 1985 ones were around for testing them the previous year for vending machines etc.

Funnily enough I was on Vcoins today looking at Alexander the Great coins. It's funny that ancient Roman etc. coins millennia old are cheap. Apparently due to their abundance, lack of demand, lack of metal worth, and difficulty of authenticating. Still seems strange to me though.

I was cracking up laughing listening to my latest Darby O'Gill and the Good People chapter today. Cracking little story about how the fairies came to Ireland. You can have a read of it here, but it's more fun hearing the language read to you.

Comment

Some news flash on the phone about Tiger being injured in a car crash. Don't know if it's serious, but I'd imagine NYT reserve their news flashes for when they think something is serious.

Comment

Some news flash on the phone about Tiger being injured in a car crash. Don't know if it's serious, but I'd imagine NYT reserve their news flashes for when they think something is serious.
                                                                                                                      Cut out of his car multiple leg injuries doesnt sound great
                                                                                                                      https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gol...eles-1.4493272

Comment

In surgery for multiple leg injuries apparently. Would wonder what will come out of it..... single vehicle accident on what looks like a straight road....

Comment

Surgery for multiple leg injuries seems to be the word thus far.

He was struggling for fitness and made an appearance last week saying he hoped to be back for the Masters.

It'll be one of those sports stories that everyone is glued to now.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X