Clear All

Originally posted by balfejohn View Post
    Global Equity 2.15 Navan
    Dice must have backed it

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

Dice must have backed it
      You must be new here.
      Dice is a luckbox. If he had backed that horse, all other runners in the race would have stopped to chat about the scrap in the yard at the final fence leaving out boy to moonwalk over the line.
      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

Dice must have backed it
        As it happens i missed if again, however... Screenshot_20210221-142432_Paddy Power.jpg

Comment

As i've figured out how to post pics, anyone recognise this BBV stalwarth fashionista... Screenshot_20210221-172419_Messenger.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
            I got word that only hopes of inflicting lasting psychological damage on others via the medium of the annual Cheltenham tipping comp could possibly save us all. So here it is.

Spam advertising to follow.
            Great to see you back
            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
              As i've figured out how to post pics, anyone recognise this BBV stalwarth fashionista... Screenshot_20210221-172419_Messenger.jpg
              Has the look of a Sickpuppy about him!

Comment

SickPuppy was never that innocent looking surely
                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Had to blow it up to be sure but it’s not me. Same blond mop of hair mind you
                  Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Originally posted by dinekes View Post

Has the look of a Sickpuppy about him!
                    Him?? Is that not satnav....
                    No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post

Him?? Is that not satnav....
                      I expect so. Though when I read ‘ipb fashionista’ I default to rd or v4v in my mind.

i said fashionista not fascist before anyone takes the hump
                      Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

One of Elliott's winners today is called Frontal Assault

Comment

I'm guessing Collie.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                            SickPuppy was never that innocent looking surely
                            Has a puss on him like hes just done the case loots on the wheel and Cheltenham on the next day

Comment

How China is shaping the entertainment industry.

Comment

My first thought was Sickpuppy too

Comment

One of Elliott's winners today is called Frontal Assault
                                  wow

Hugh Morgan produced one of the most sensational riding performances of the season to steer the Denis Hogan-trained Young Dev to victory in the Racing Again Mar

Comment

Satnav ?

Comment

Coukd it be..

Comment

South Park Band in China episode covers it better

Comment

Sickpuppy & SatNav seperated at birth obvs

It is Sickpuppy though in his dainty red shoes

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                            How China is shaping the entertainment industry.

I'd be really curious to watch a tv based in China. I've asked a couple of people based there, but nothing yet. Chinese wire would be great.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

I'd be really curious to watch a tv based in China. I've asked a couple of people based there, but nothing yet. Chinese wire would be great.
                                              I started reading English language Mongolian news sites last week. I've always had a thing for Mongolia.

Comment

Hate to be in Texas now. 15k just for heating is fucking ridiculous....
                                                No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                                                  Shipped 2k on the euromillions, very good thing the bookies aren't open at the moment
                                                  ... I could do with someone like you in the IPB lotto syndicate... 16th spot is yours if you like...

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post

I started reading English language Mongolian news sites last week. I've always had a thing for Mongolia.
                                                    We should organise an IPB Trans-Siberian trip via Mongolia

Comment

Has anyone here any experience in micro dosing? Or even the full leap into physcedelics? More as I guess as a way of accessing, higher creative plains or general enquiry of self rather than the trying to have a buzz gig.

Comment

I think a few people mentioned at the time I bought this grinder that they have this one and were happy enough with it at the price. I was never really happy with the finest grind setting for Espresso making. I found this video today and tackled opening it up to change the finest setting. It worked like a charm and it grinds it fine enough for Espresso so giving it a shout out here.

Last edited by Opr; 22-02-21, 00:25.

Comment

It is possible for economists to construct worthy Tweets every now and again.

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                            It is possible for economists to construct worthy Tweets every now and again.

ah come on.

he clearly, like everything, hasn't thought it through. Ireland is eligible for all vaccines that Denmark is eligible for. Ergo, if they are vaccinated by June then we will also.

The issue is that Denmark is assignment 100% probability to a new vaccine from Germany, which is a big part of EU orders, being approved and arriving on time. Its due to arrive around May.

If its not approved then Denmark doesn't get 100% vaccination. Thats why Ireland is currently forecasting around 80% vaccination by then - because, at the moment, they don't think its certain enough.

So the only difference between Denmark and Ireland is that Denmark are being excessively overconfident on vaccine quality and vaccine production capacity, despite two of the three vaccines so far (Astra and Pfizer) both having some production problems - Astra catastrophically so.

So, why exactly is it a worthy tweet?
                                                            "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

Currently, I'm working in my first ever normal job. It's been eye-opening.

This is a very basic question for someone my age, but, what do you do with an overbearing micromanager.
                                                              My experience here is limited but basically a bunch of enablers (yes men) have built a cult of personality around the boss/CEO and how they love being "hands-on". Out of hours contact is the norm - not my current role thankfully. Being the square peg could go either way but be prepared that there's a chance you become a pariah if you don't conform to the expected narrative, irrespective of results. Think of reviews down the line - X is obtuse, difficult to deal with, not a team player, doesn't dig in etc.

Good luck either way but based on that snippet I'd guess you'll move on to something more suitable in under a year.

Comment

The specific vaccine that Denmark are assuming arrives without any hassle to reach their 100% target is CureVax, which only started Phase 3 trials today. Maybe they have production sorted, hopefully they do, but they're a smallish company and presumably most production capacity has already been taken? I don't know. Hopefully everything arrives as planned. But thats the only difference between Denmark and Ireland.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post

My experience here is limited but basically a bunch of enablers (yes men) have built a cult of personality around the boss/CEO and how they love being "hands-on". Out of hours contact is the norm - not my current role thankfully. Being the square peg could go either way but be prepared that there's a chance you become a pariah if you don't conform to the expected narrative, irrespective of results. Think of reviews down the line - X is obtuse, difficult to deal with, not a team player, doesn't dig in etc.

Good luck either way but based on that snippet I'd guess you'll move on to something more suitable in under a year.
                                                                  I followed Coillcams advice here by deciding to move on, my decision was somewhat validated as approx 30% of the team left around the same time.
                                                                  Retrospectively though, I can certainly see how I wasn’t perfect in all of this.

As an example, i know for certain that in terms of tangible bottom dollar impact, I probably did more than the entire rest of the team combined.
                                                                  Now, that was quite lucky on my part but it was undisputed.

My problem arose because my boss’s values weren’t aligned to that even though in my mind it was non-sensical that they weren’t. They persisted in pushing stuff I didn’t see value in so the micromanaging continued.

If I was to advise anyone dealing with a similar situation, you should determine what your boss values.
                                                                  If they see you’re aligned with their goals, life will become far easier for you whether you stay there or move on.
                                                                  Thats not always the easiest thing for someone to do but if the goal is to get rid of the micromanagement, then that’s what I’d first determine and go from there.

Comment

Applying for a new driving licence was surprisingly hassle free. I found myself unemployed for a fortnight 3 years ago and had to get a Public Services Card from the welfare office. I was able to use that card to apply for a licence online last Monday and it just arrived in the post. Missus had to go to a NDLS office a few weeks ago and was waiting about 3 weeks for hers.

After the ease of that surely it makes sense to roll out the PSC as standard similar to a PPS number or whatever. Would make moving everything online so much easier for all involved.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                      So, why exactly is it a worthy tweet?
                                                                      It's an appalling tweet.

Same population, same supplies as Ireland but v different results. Why?
                                                                      Since when does different hopes and projections based on these optimistic hopes mean different results?

Comment

Irish Mirror story on a man from Monaghan who almost won the lottery. We should get him over here to do a well.

Comment

There is an air of pent up anger and resentment looking for a target to lash out at and any missteps made by Government are going to be absolutely hammered.

Media interviews with ministers are contrived to frame questions in the way the interviewer knows the minister cannot and will not answer, the minister explains why they cannot and will not answer it directly, the interviewer then repeats the question half a dozen times in increasingly patronising tones before cramming in any meaningful content and then wrapping up the interview with 'I know you are not going to answer this, but for the sake of our listeners who want answers I must ask you one more time, will everybody be vaccinated by the 27th of June or are we going to have to listen to the Brits lording it over us right up until Christmas?'

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                            Applying for a new driving licence was surprisingly hassle free. I found myself unemployed for a fortnight 3 years ago and had to get a Public Services Card from the welfare office. I was able to use that card to apply for a licence online last Monday and it just arrived in the post. Missus had to go to a NDLS office a few weeks ago and was waiting about 3 weeks for hers.

After the ease of that surely it makes sense to roll out the PSC as standard similar to a PPS number or whatever. Would make moving everything online so much easier for all involved.
                                                                            How did you get a PSC so handy? I've been trying to get one since September! Phone rings off the hook every time. E-mails aren't answered etc.

Comment

There is an air of pent up anger and resentment looking for a target to lash out at and any missteps made by Government are going to be absolutely hammered.

Media interviews with ministers are contrived to frame questions in the way the interviewer knows the minister cannot and will not answer, the minister explains why they cannot and will not answer it directly, the interviewer then repeats the question half a dozen times in increasingly patronising tones before cramming in any meaningful content and then wrapping up the interview with 'I know you are not going to answer this, but for the sake of our listeners who want answers I must ask you one more time, will everybody be vaccinated by the 27th of June or are we going to have to listen to the Brits lording it over us right up until Christmas?'

Interviewers looking for Gotchas instead of realism.

Comment

It's a difficult time. To some extent I don't even blame the media. We're all just ridiculously frustrated with fucking covid and if politicians are who need to be blamed for covid, even if they aren't really responsible, then maybe thats just the way it needs to be.

We need a few more good weather days and even a few minor lies to lift the national mood. Just set out a road map, pretend it is stuck in stone, so that people know exactly when things will open even if its in May. Overpromise on vaccines like the Danish. If nearly everyone is vaccinated in June then nobodys going to care if the gov claimed that it would be 100% but its only 80%. Can just blame it on vaccine deniers. But the advantage is that it offers some element of certainty.

They need to also do something on holidays, as people really really need a holiday. Say that August is guaranteed fine, but June definitely not and July is 50:50 or whatever the numbers are. Its probably right.

There is though some need to pep up the national mood.

Comment

It's a difficult time. To some extent I don't even blame the media. We're all just ridiculously frustrated with fucking covid and if politicians are who need to be blamed for covid, even if they aren't really responsible, then maybe thats just the way it needs to be.

We need a few more good weather days and even a few minor lies to lift the national mood. Just set out a road map, pretend it is stuck in stone, so that people know exactly when things will open even if its in May. Overpromise on vaccines like the Danish. If nearly everyone is vaccinated in June then nobodys going to care if the gov claimed that it would be 100% but its only 80%. Can just blame it on vaccine deniers. But the advantage is that it offers some element of certainty.

They need to also do something on holidays, as people really really need a holiday. Say that August is guaranteed fine, but June definitely not and July is 50:50 or whatever the numbers are. Its probably right.

Totally. Brother phoned last night to say he is feeling down and anxious of late. All work and no play. Can't sleep. He said he went to the doc and now is on a dose of sleeping tablets and anti-depressants. Heavily involved with the local soccer club but nothing doing there for a while now. Big part of his life on hold. Fair play to him for taking action. His wife is a good one.

Lockdown life can be such a grind for some.
                                                                                  Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post

How did you get a PSC so handy? I've been trying to get one since September! Phone rings off the hook every time. E-mails aren't answered etc.
                                                                                    Its lovely, you go to the NDLS website and they hit you with "Now we can process any licence online to help with covid issues" read further " youll need a PSC and that dept isnt open/taking appointments during level 5"

In my opinion we dont need a PSC, we need one card, where one can load up your driving licence, your leap card, id go so far as say medical details etc, where only relevant bodies can access relevant info on the card. Administering another card to everyone in this technology age seems daft.
                                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post

Totally. Brother phoned last night to say he is feeling down and anxious of late. All work and no play. Can't sleep. He said he went to the doc and now is on a dose of sleeping tablets and anti-depressants. Heavily involved with the local soccer club but nothing doing there for a while now. Big part of his life on hold. Fair play to him for taking action. His wife is a good one.

Lockdown life can be such a grind for some.

Pretty much everyone I talk to of late is really feeling it at this stage, myself included. The last 5-6 months work wise have been horrendous, absolutely horrendous, just from a sheer volume point of view and then when you eventually do get out of work after very long days, you are left staring at the same four walls or doing the same loop walk within your 5km.

I've definitely struggled with motivation to do anything outside of work over the last while (I need some sort of a creative project to get stuck into) and I've even struggled a bit to motivate myself in work, which is really not a good thing when you constantly have a list of about 100 things that need to be done urgently.

The key is to make sure you are talking to people. Fair play to your brother for being open with you. I think men in general struggle more with this than woman and from my own group of mates, I think we are way better in face to face conversations. When we (used to) head to the pub, there would be very open conversations and all things would be out in the open but I think we struggle more in phone calls and text, in comparison to Mrs Lao Lao and her mates who seem to be equally as good on phone/text as they are in real life. Early days in Covid, one of my mates made a concerted effort to regularly phone us all which definitely helped us all do similar but we've dropped off a bit in the last month or two, need to pick that back up.

Comment

Martin and Donnelly are just not as likeable or credible in the media as varadkar and Harris were.

They wouldn’t be doing anything different on the ground but the showmanship did make it feel like they were on top of it while at the moment it’s everyone thinking how are these clowns fucking this up.

They also seem to be going for worst case so that they can be heroes if they pull something slightly better out of it rather than what your proposing.

Going to break the bbq out this week, few cans in the garden while watch meat cook while my wife prepares all the sides while minding the kids inside and I claim credit for cooking. Will be a nice mood boost for me.

Comment

I decided at the weekend to go into work one day a week from now on. Was just feeling too dodgy at the weekend to see how I'd be able to keep up staying at home for the next few months. Just in a bit of a nasty mood, which isn't really fair on anyone else in the house.

Comment

Hey - on another matter. Was on a ramble up the hill next to Killiney Hill yesterday. Might be called Gorse Hill? There's a ridiculously fancy modern-looking house at the top of a road called St. George's Avenue (link to road). As in, it looks like no ordinary multi-millionaire could afford it. Anyone any idea who lives there? I think its a house anyway, but it looks huge.

Edit: doh. googling St George's Avenue was sufficient to find it: https://extra.ie/2021/02/20/entertai...illiney-dublin

Comment

Hey - on another matter. Was on a ramble up the hill next to Killiney Hill yesterday. Might be called Gorse Hill? There's a ridiculously fancy modern-looking house at the top of a road called St. George's Avenue (link to road). As in, it looks like no ordinary multi-millionaire could afford it. Anyone any idea who lives there? I think its a house anyway, but it looks huge.
                                                                                              This house?

Comment

...

Comment

Fucking website

Comment

I watched The Druid's production of Once Upon a Bridge when it was being streamed earlier in the month and I loved it. It will be available on demand to watch from Thurs-Sun this week and I can highly recommend it.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post

Well at the time I was unemployed and didnt know how long I'd be looking for work for. So popped into my local welfare office to sign on just in case it took a while ya know. She took my details and gave me my card there and then. Told me to produce it any time I went to post office to collect a payment.

Luckily I was only on it for 2 weeks but the card is quite handy to have.

Comment

Re anxiety etc

Was feeling this too especially post covid. Literally spent most of January in bed. Place an absolute mess, zero energy or motivation to do anything. Figured quitting alcohol would be a good foundation for a bounce back so on a dry Feb so far.
                                                                                                        Think alcohol just makes bad TV a bit better mostly and gives an excuse to procrastinate the next day!

I write things down that I need to get done around the Apt etc and tackle them 1 job at a time. No point in tackling all of it as it just gets overwhelming.
                                                                                                        Getting out for a walk and some daylight was also a stumbling block for me but beginning to get back into it.

Lao Lao is spot on with how people come across by text or phone.

Anyway just a 2c. Hope all are coping well here.

Comment

A guy I do business with installed all the smart blinds and curtains in that house, for that movie.

Comment

There was an auld bandit named Dice
                                                                                                            Who pulled off a spectacular heist
                                                                                                            In our last tipping game
                                                                                                            He was clear out of the frame
                                                                                                            Unitl he put all our balls in a vice
                                                                                                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by dinekes View Post
                                                                                                              Re anxiety etc

Was feeling this too especially post covid. Literally spent most of January in bed. Place an absolute mess, zero energy or motivation to do anything. Figured quitting alcohol would be a good foundation for a bounce back so on a dry Feb so far.
                                                                                                              Think alcohol just makes bad TV a bit better mostly and gives an excuse to procrastinate the next day!

I write things down that I need to get done around the Apt etc and tackle them 1 job at a time. No point in tackling all of it as it just gets overwhelming.
                                                                                                              Getting out for a walk and some daylight was also a stumbling block for me but beginning to get back into it.

Lao Lao is spot on with how people come across by text or phone.

Anyway just a 2c. Hope all are coping well here.
                                                                                                              Good idea giving up the drink.

And your strategy for attacking 1 thing at a time is excellent. Get a job done. Get serotonin hit. Do next.
                                                                                                              Getting into daylight, another great idea.

You got this! Hope you feel better.

Two guys are out golfing. One pulls out a smoke and asks the other for a light. He reaches into his golf bag and pulls out a 12 inch Bic lighter.

"Holy shit, where'd you get that?"

"I got it from my genie, you wanna meet him?"

"Of course, I've never met a genie before"

So the guy reaches into his golf bag and pulls out a lamp, gives it a rub and out pops a genie.

The genie's owner says: "I have an arrangement with the genie that he'll grant one wish to any of my friends, go ahead and wish for something"

The other guy thinks for a minute and says "I wish for a million bucks"

Suddenly, the sky turns dark and a million ducks appear, flying in the sky.

The wisher is irate: "WHAT! I ASKED FOR A MILLION BUCKS, NOT A MILLION DUCKS"

The genie's owner says: "Oh ya, I forgot to tell you he's a little hard of hearing. Do you really think I asked for a 12 inch Bic?"
                                                                                                              This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                              All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                              The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post

Its lovely, you go to the NDLS website and they hit you with "Now we can process any licence online to help with covid issues" read further " youll need a PSC and that dept isnt open/taking appointments during level 5"

In my opinion we dont need a PSC, we need one card, where one can load up your driving licence, your leap card, id go so far as say medical details etc, where only relevant bodies can access relevant info on the card. Administering another card to everyone in this technology age seems daft.
                                                                                                                That makes a world of sense. You get a card connected to your PPS when you start working and as you gain things like a licence, they just get added to the card. Stopped by a Gard, he scans the card, information pops up. Job done.

Comment

Been enjoying a right blast of nostalgia flicking though old, digitised editions of Muzik magazine, the dance music mag which ran from 1995 to 2003.

As much for the old ads (eg. for the phone which sends pictures as well as text!) as anything. Lots of fascinating cultural reminiscences I'm having with myself!

The Jan 2000 issue had 180 pages - that's just incredible and such an amount of money they must have made from the cover price and the advertisers. That scene was probably at its peak then and so mainstream. Probably also the last golden age for printed periodicals before the internet muscled in and largely crushed them with zero sentimentality.

I realise now how much of a magazine fiend and nerd I was from the age of 11. I was writing to English shortwave radio magazines when I was 11 and 12 to get published with details far off distant stations I'd picked up on a little Grundig Yacht Boy. I also probably had the biggest BMX mag collection in Ireland in my early-mid teens which my ma made me throw out to make room for God knows what when I went to college.

That I became a magazine editor seems actually quite bizarrely flukey now. Today I create gated content for the consideration/decision part of the funnel. Oh well...simpler times I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                                                                                                    Oh that's the one. Looks unbelievably good. Seemed to be people living in it.

Comment

Oh that's the one. Looks unbelievably good. Seemed to be people living in it.
                                                                                                                      We got a new washer dryer today. There was great excitement.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

We got a new washer dryer today. There was great excitement.
                                                                                                                        I just saw a magpie attack what was either a large mouse or a small rat.
                                                                                                                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                                                                                          Going to break the bbq out this week, few cans in the garden while watch meat cook while my wife prepares all the sides while minding the kids inside and I claim credit for cooking. Will be a nice mood boost for me.
                                                                                                                          Weather forecast is for storms m9
                                                                                                                          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X