Clear All

Originally posted by balfejohn View Post
    True Self 1.00 Riyadh today
    Wow what a run. Cheers bj

Comment

Cheers BJ! Missed the last one

5/1 on PP

Comment

BJ should take the chief tipster tag from GAB. Deserves it imo.
        No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Guitar wankers needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
            Oh once mighty BBV perhaps you may impart some personal knowledge on shopping during lockdown.

I need to buy new Hiking boots . Any new fancy ones worth investing in plus does anywhere do click and collect or do I have to await delivery. I'd like my new boots ASAP.
            I dedicate the purchase to balfejohn whose tip sent me on a bit of a heater
            No idea of quality but Mrs uses Decathlon for hiking boots for her and kids.

Comment

I see what is happeneing here, every time I miss a tip it wins. When I back it they lose. You are all welcome.

I assume DP is missing them too as for a man his size he could stop a runaway train.
              Last edited by Dice75; 20-02-21, 13:58.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                I see what is happeneing here, every time I miss a tip it wins. When I back it they lose. You are all welcome.

I assume DP is missing them too as for a man his size he could stop a runaway train.
                I could do a thesis about this

Today I stuck a few quid on this one before I went out, came back and I don't know whether the price shortened and never got matched or I forgot to press something but no bet recorded... FFS!
                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Bought a €14 Euromillions ticket last night.

€14.

Just checked it there and it's not a winner.

How is that even possible?
                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
                    I see LL shared an article over on the darkside regarding Israel’s new green badge policy: https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/18/w...e=articleShare

Without getting bogged down in the legality of how something like this could be applied, I’m curious of peoples opinions on it.
                    The thing I'd like to know after listening to some discussion is whether the cost of IP owned by the Pfizer's and Johnson and Johnson's of the world are actually what is preventing mass production in developing countries or are there more significant blockers like lack of production facilities and enough people qualified to operate them?

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                      Bought a €14 Euromillions ticket last night.

€14.

Just checked it there and it's not a winner.

How is that even possible?
                      Did the same inspired by the Euromillions talk in here. Got an email to say I'd backed a winner.. Logged in to see I'd won €6 to book a cool €8 loss.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

The thing I'd like to know after listening to some discussion is whether the cost of IP owned by the Pfizer's and Johnson and Johnson's of the world are actually what is preventing mass production in developing countries or are there more significant blockers like lack of production facilities and enough people qualified to operate them?

Apparently the WTO rules around IP are preventing the production of generic equivalents.

SK have decided to produce everything in-house but not sure if that’s production or IP too

Comment

Originally posted by KK82 View Post

Did the same inspired by the Euromillions talk in here. Got an email to say I'd backed a winner.. Logged in to see I'd won €6 to book a cool €8 loss.
                          Was actually thinking about this earlier. They really need to do way with these paltry €3 or €4 wins. Utterly pointless. Minimum prize should be €50.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                            For Hitch

When I was in Rome I ordered Two beers from the waiter and he brought FIVE .

Comment

For Hitch

Any joy finding some XO ?
                              This too shall pass.

Comment

Hey Gab, are those dogs at the bottom of the hill gone?

Have ran up there quite a bit and haven't encountered them since that first time.

Comment

I see them every now and then - but id imagine they'd not have any harm in them or they wouldn't be there?
                                  Ah yeah, that time they came out and did a bit of shouting. Harmless enough although it did freak me out a little.

That was almost a year ago though, have been up that way about 15 or so times since and haven't seen or heard them.

Comment

For Hitch

One of your respondents on Twitter beat me to the 1.5 line spacing.

That said, nothing beats the age old war of APA vs Harvard referencing

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                      Guitar wankers needed.

Question marks about this O'Rahily now. First the missing cat posts and he only gone away over the yard to his favorite hangout a stones throw away and now this.
                                      Aunt couldnt give a fiddlers fart about guitar playing. Its O'Rahily. Shes a lunatic that one.
                                      Last edited by rounders123; 20-02-21, 18:24.

Comment

Bought some recovered golf balls off done deal recently. Found one of my old balls amongst them. 100% my initials on it, barely a mark on it.

Most of them in great nick tbf and good value. Just twiddling my thumbs until the courses open but that will be some time away. The reduction in 7 day average numbers is far too slow for any easing of restrictions.

Comment

For Hitch

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                            Bought some recovered golf balls off done deal recently. Found one of my old balls amongst them. 100% my initials on it, barely a mark on it.
                                            What would you imagine are the odds of that? (assuming seller didn't know your name from done deal and put your initials on it for the lols. I hope he gave you a discount as that ball belonged to you. The thieving fuck.

Comment

Doing Tempura again tonight as it was such a success last week.

Dropping the prawns and squid though, the veggies were the superstars.

Doing Karage Chicken instead with thigh meat.

Bowl of parmesan Wexford Queens wedges on the side.

Good oul aitin of a Saturday.

Comment

Most of them in great nick tbf and good value. Just twiddling my thumbs until the courses open but that will be some time away. The reduction in 7 day average numbers is far too slow for any easing of restrictions.
                                                Yeah. I think a large amount of people aren't doing a bit of lockdown - kids in the creche, 'essential' work out of the home. Seems mad really given we're just a few months away from vaccination

Comment

My precious.

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

that will be some time away. The reduction in 7 day average numbers is far too slow for any easing of restrictions.
                                                    Just on this bit, how are the numbers still so high?
                                                    I see the median age is very old imo, so is it rampant in nursing homes again or what?

Or is the British/Brazilian varieties spreading like wildfire?
                                                    Assume the border counties are still hit hard?
                                                    ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Lolpool.
                                                      No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Bad result for United.
                                                        Their top 4 rivals winning today

Comment

So talking to some Swedish folk today
                                                          13000 covid deaths . Dread to think how many Irish would have died with that approach .

Be interested in Zs take

Comment

Another week where I don't get to watch Match of The Day.
                                                            I much preferred it when we were 20 points clear.

Comment

Starting to think they’ll hold back schools a little longer now

Comment

Watched Cobra Kai this weekend for the first season and thats the first season done in two days. What a show! They really nailed the right blend of everything in that show.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                  Doing Tempura again tonight as it was such a success last week.

Dropping the prawns and squid though, the veggies were the superstars.

Doing Karage Chicken instead with thigh meat.

Bowl of parmesan Wexford Queens wedges on the side.

Good oul aitin of a Saturday.
                                                                  The auld slaughter houses are onto a winner selling those, the amount of waste they dont have to remove...must save a fortune in disposal fees. Tastiest part of the chicken though.
                                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                    Watched Cobra Kai this weekend for the first season and thats the first season done in two days. What a show! They really nailed the right blend of everything in that show.
                                                                    Johnny has some brilliant non PC lines in today's climate which were a lol. Embrace the nonsense of following seasons. They're just brilliant chill out mindless TV

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post

The auld slaughter houses are onto a winner selling those, the amount of waste they dont have to remove...must save a fortune in disposal fees. Tastiest part of the chicken though.
                                                                      It really is.

You feel like keeping it a secret given how cheap it is.

Obv so much cheaper given what you've said.

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
                                                                        Starting to think they’ll hold back schools a little longer now
                                                                        Seeing a bunch of lads from Limerick and Dublin in the RTE studio for an interview for the All.Star awards tonight has bothered me far more than it should. Would it have killed them to do video interviews for one year? Young Mullin from Mayo gave a video interview after winning YPOTY so it was possible to be done.

Comment

Watched the first 2 seasons , pleasantly surprised as thought it would be rubbish. Think the 3rd season is out on YouTube must check it out.

Comment

Interesting article about last year's Cheltenham Festival, the beginning of the pandemic and the links between racing and the UK government.

Comment

Season 1 is fun and full of nostalgia. Season 2 is lol bad but still fun. Season 3 is terrible.

Comment

Some story coming out of the Elliot yard...
                                                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                  Deats please.

Comment

The what ?

Comment

It involves GE, a young wan, KH swinging for said young wan.
                                                                                      GE egging the fight on, a black eye, bottles thrown and a fake sickness.
                                                                                      All during a party that shouldn't be happening during lockdown.
                                                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

It involves GE, a young wan, KH swinging for said young wan.
                                                                                        GE egging the fight on, a black eye, bottles thrown and a fake sickness.
                                                                                        All during a party that shouldn't be happening during lockdown.
                                                                                        Are the initials for horses or people??

Comment

I see lads on the boards crypto forum openly acknodging the need more idiots to buy into Bitcoin so they can sell to them- almost a bit of self awareness there- but not quite

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post

Are the initials for horses or people??

Comment

Jesus DP you nearly gave me a heart attack. Had a pretty vivid dream last night that Envoi Allen was involved in a Shergar like kidnapping. Defo need to lay some off..

What ever happened to the Situation or as I like to call him "The Head of the Gordon Elliott fan club"

Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Up early for BalfeJohns tip. Will then start accepting payments not to back it.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                                  I see lads on the boards crypto forum openly acknodging the need more idiots to buy into Bitcoin so they can sell to them- almost a bit of self awareness there- but not quite
                                                                                                  I think you've just accidentally yourself into understanding how a stock market works.

Comment

I think you've just accidentally yourself into understanding how a stock market works.
                                                                                                    Not even a stock market. Virtually all economic activity boils down to people selling X to others who want X.

The crypto resentment is pretty funny though.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                      Up early for BalfeJohns tip. Will then start accepting payments not to back it.
                                                                                                      Will I pm you 1st with the name for u to get the better price

please advise

Comment

There's not a lot of things more satisfying than successfully syringing your own ears.

Can hear the birds again.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                                                          https://www.thejournal.ie/ulster-ban...57965-Feb2021/

Great to see banks hurting, but its a bit leopards ate my face.

I don't get how they can't be profitable in Ireland... 20-30% down payments on houses, strict risk averse criteria for granting them AND they make you get Mortgage Insurance (which the majority of people get blindly to "check the box for the bank").

It's a little maddening to see them rip people off, but a little great to see suffer, but a little depressing knowing less banks is a bad thing.

Christ.
                                                                                                          Seems to be about the reserves that they need to keep. It's a drag on the group profits.

I had an interview with them a few months ago. The first and only thing I heard from them was a calendar invite to an interview with a dept head for the next day. 1,5 hr interview.

"any questions"
                                                                                                          "eh, are the rumours of your demise greatly exaggerated?"

never heard from them again.

Currently, I'm working in my first ever normal job. It's been eye-opening.

This is a very basic question for someone my age, but, what do you do with an overbearing micromanager.

SPOILER
                                                                                                          My manager is overseas. Great autonomy, everything good. I've been banging out good work.

Recently I've been working day-to-day with the head honcho in Ireland. Initially interesting, getting involved, learning a lot. I thought the intenseness was about getting up to speed. But now realising the guy is just relentless. End up being called multiple times a day, spending hours on team calls, getting micromanaged (he was telling me to empty my recycle bin during a screen share the other day). He's been calling after work too. Spent an hour on the phone the first time, ignored the calls the other two evenings. He effectively treats people like they're on call for him (have seen him pull directors in other countries into calls), and his whims are top priorities.

It's got to the stage where when he inevitable rings me on monday I'm going to ask him to ease off. That he's not giving me any time to actually do work. I'm gonna ruthlessly drop out of meetings. He spends a decent amount of time dictating code and other writings while someone is sharing their screen. It's fucking insane.

I've drafted a polite message about how it's been great being hands-on, but it's not a practical way to continue. Other work isn't getting done. Need to set priorities for what he wants. And stick to a meeting in the morning, and one at close. Basically trying to get the point across that I'm not taking his calls anymore. Feels like political suicide. Best hope is that he respects the line and listens once someone starts facing him down. Not really sure how much he can screw me if it pisses him off. Maybe he'll just freeze me out. But, it's a pretty intolerable way to work so

Being relatively new, and working from home it's difficult to know the lay of the land. I suspect that he's only an interim head. Gonna run it by my manager first anyway
                                                                                                          Last edited by Denny Crane; 21-02-21, 13:16.

Comment

Global Equity 2.15 Navan

Comment

I was going to say micromanager are par for the course.
                                                                                                              But the empty your recycle big comment got me, not gonna lie.

Comment

Yeah. I think a large amount of people aren't doing a bit of lockdown - kids in the creche, 'essential' work out of the home. Seems mad really given we're just a few months away from vaccination
                                                                                                                Someone I know said that they are being really good about lockdown - just go outside the 5k when they really need to and only meeting people in their houses so the kids can play.

We are ages away from proper vaccination so I would be all in favour of army, airforce, coast guard and whoever else we have on the street enforcing the lockdown properly since clearly the gaurds don’t have enough man power to do it.

The bollix about legislation for enforcing isolation needs to be fixed - it seems fairly unlikely that it would take a full year to change the legislation required.

it’s a real choice of making everyone do a proper lockdown for a month or we sit in this limbo until Christmas.

Comment

Any idea of what this racing fight story is?, haven't heard a word about it?.

Comment

that's not how the stock market works

Comment

I got word that only hopes of inflicting lasting psychological damage on others via the medium of the annual Cheltenham tipping comp could possibly save us all. So here it is.

Spam advertising to follow.
                                                                                                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Racist!

Comment

We could have done with your wise counsel during our GME buying errors Raoul. Maybe Denny gave some, but all I recall is his buying of Bant shares at the time.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X