Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great to see banks hurting, but its a bit leopards ate my face.

I don't get how they can't be profitable in Ireland... 20-30% down payments on houses, strict risk averse criteria for granting them AND they make you get Mortgage Insurance (which the majority of people get blindly to "check the box for the bank").

It's a little maddening to see them rip people off, but a little great to see suffer, but a little depressing knowing less banks is a bad thing.

Christ.
    This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
    All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
    The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

But hey, they just implemented Apple pay so lets spray that all over the media.
      This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
      All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
      The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post

In the same boat too, I'm not really sure what I'm going to do when it is safe to return to the office iwhich is now suggested to be Jan. If I could offset the cost through a reimbursement by the company or some other means, I'd consider paying for a shared office space.

I thought pretty early on that people would proclaim the value of WFH in the short term but quickly realise that it probably isn't a productive long term solution for the majority.
        Absolutely. Two, three days a week maybe, but this whole week from home, week after week, isn't sustainable.
        "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

Absolutely. Two, three days a week maybe, but this whole week from home, week after week, isn't sustainable.
          I'd love a new setup where I could go in two days a week, clear off any meetings and then the days where I need to be my desk at home. Hopefully that's the future

Much different with a quiet house though.
          airport, lol

Comment

Seeing a lot of women greying out in the hair unabashed. Its like they have decided not to attempt to quell the tide. Its a surprise to me that some are younger than I would have thought to be going grey. The oul hairdressers will be back open sooner than later for them hopefully.

Comment

The mindful escapes program on BBC4 is great.

NAsa will be landing the Perseverance Rover on Mars in less than an hour
              Live here
              NASA's Mars 2020 Perseverance rover will look for signs of past microbial life, cache rock and soil samples, and prepare for future human exploration.

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

See Charles Byrne 6 month ban got upheld
                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

Live here
                  NASA's Mars 2020 Perseverance rover will look for signs of past microbial life, cache rock and soil samples, and prepare for future human exploration.
                  I already alternated between watching Spurs in Europa League vs 7th best team in Austria and the House financial services committee hearing on the Gamestop trading, so this is perfect to top off the hattrick of the least exciting things watched in an evening. Although watching it there it is quite impressive the amount of fake smiling going on from everybody.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post

I'd love a new setup where I could go in two days a week, clear off any meetings and then the days where I need to be my desk at home. Hopefully that's the future

Much different with a quiet house though.
                    Yeah that's what I used to maintain for years as its a standard enough academic setup. Works brill. But you need that space to wander around, to sit in a cafe working the odd afternoon.

Comment

Found an old pic 4 years ago from the fitz when used to have the odd good night punting.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Live here
                        Nasa presenters wouldn't be out of place doing kids tv
                        Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Straighten up and fly right!

Comment

So cool, This mission will send back fossils more than likely with proof of ancient microbial life and who knows what else they will find

Comment

So cool, This mission will send back fossils more than likely with proof of ancient microbial life and who knows what else they will find
                              SPOILER
                              ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                Found an old pic 4 years ago from the fitz when used to have the odd good night punting.
                                Not so subtle brag with the €500 stack

Comment

TG4 nailing sport documentaries again. Arkle kicked off a series of horse racing greats tonight. Every Thursday at 9.30 for a few weeks for those interested

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                    Just watched in and of itself. This is basically Derek Delgaudio's broadway show but what a show it is! incredibly powerful and moving mixed with some great story telling and magic.
                                    wow, this was something else. just a beautiful piece of art.

Comment

Ended up in the previous BBV earlier via an old shortcut on my phone.
                                      Kinda surreal to be reading the posts from last Feb.

Some highlights;
                                      People sweating that SF were going to win the election. Genuine fearful posting.
                                      "It will be very hard to bear Trump in November"
                                      Lao Lao with his finger on the pulse was the first to mention coronavirus. Closely followed by Denny. The general early coronavirus posting. Lots of flu-mongering was interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post

Some highlights;
                                        People sweating that SF were going to win the election. Genuine fearful posting.
                                        Lao Lao with his finger on the pulse was the first to mention coronavirus. Closely followed by Denny. The general early coronavirus posting. Lots of flu-mongering was interesting.
                                        This time last year I was in Sao Paulo at carnival dancing like a lunatic. Then I went to a beach outside Rio for a few days and kayaked with sea turtles swimming beside me. Back to Sao Paulo and went karting at Interlagos (its beside the F1 track and is where Senna, Massa, Barrichello etc learned their trade). Ate and drank like a pig for almost 3 weeks.

Landed back home just as everything started kicking off. That holiday feels like it was a decade ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

wow, this was something else. just a beautiful piece of art.
                                          yeah, such a wonderful show, really well put together on film also. glad you enjoyed it!

Comment

I flew to Singapore in February lol. Sure it was just a bad flu.
                                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

I recall my wife getting annoyed at me in late Feb because I suggested we might not be going to Italy in late March, cue 3 weeks later and we're both at home and I'm still here.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                Typhoid Andy
                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Any IPB 200m euromillions syndicates knocking about here ?

Comment

Would settle for a week in Lagos even if it meant ten days in a hotel on the way back I'm probably not even joking, it could happen yet. While most of the things I'd usually have travelled for have been able to be dealt with remotely there are a few things that are moving just to slowly and will end up critical because we weren't able to travel. Also sales people can zoom away all they like but it doesn't seem to work quite so well for getting deals across the line.

Comment

Big Goosey 5.00 Fundalk

Comment

Originally posted by balfejohn View Post
                                                        Big Goosey 5.00 Fundalk
                                                        runs in the 5.30

Comment

Was fun rereading that. Glad Zuttroy's posts are still there, took a few before figuring out who 'Guest' was
                                                          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Big Goosey 5.00 Fundalk
                                                            I got a really funny screen shot from a betting group.
                                                            The guy basically has tipped a horse in the 6.30 and is requesting each member place a £20 bet and ship him the profits when it wins.
                                                            I'm assuming this is instead of membership fees.
                                                            numero uno horse at fundalk 6.30

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

I got a really funny screen shot from a betting group.
                                                              The guy basically has tipped a horse in the 6.30 and is requesting each member place a £20 bet and ship him the profits when it wins.
                                                              I'm assuming this is instead of membership fees.
                                                              numero uno horse at fundalk 6.30
                                                              no runners by that name

Comment

Some highlights;

Part of my post on the 14th Feb 2020 commenting on the economic fallout from Covid

"This could rumble on for quite a bit yet"

Didn't think we'd still be in the shit a year later

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

no runners by that name
                                                                  Think he just means number 1
                                                                  Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Mustard View Post

Think he just means number 1
                                                                    Ah the good ol who is leveling who posts.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post

Part of my post on the 14th Feb 2020 commenting on the economic fallout from Covid

"This could rumble on for quite a bit yet"

Didn't think we'd still be in the shit a year later
                                                                      I read like a pedantic prick, no surprise there. Wasn't wrong about South Korea being the model though. Funny they still haven't rolled out the vaccine though. Apparently they don't want to rely on any external channels for production.

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post

I read like a pedantic prick, no surprise there. Wasn't wrong about South Korea being the model though. Funny they still haven't rolled out the vaccine though. Apparently they don't want to rely on any external channels for production.
                                                                        You were possibly my main source of Covid info when it kicked off last year. You were really into it.

On an extremely unrelated topic I found out today (I am on a huge Irish mythology and folklore kick atm) that Darby O'Gill (love that film) is from a book of tales about him and related folklore adventures called Darby O'Gill and the Good People. I read the first one today which is quite like the film. Now I've got it on Audible to have the rest read to me. It's great stuff.

Listening to Irish mythology podcasts from Candlelit Tales (love them) and Fireside.

Comment

https://youtu.be/lj3iNxZ8Dww

Comment

Comment

No one fancy a guess to play some game called poker?

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post

You were possibly my main source of Covid info when it kicked off last year. You were really into it.

On an extremely unrelated topic I found out today (I am on a huge Irish mythology and folklore kick atm) that Darby O'Gill (love that film) is from a book of tales about him and related folklore adventures called Darby O'Gill and the Good People. I read the first one today which is quite like the film. Now I've got it on Audible to have the rest read to me. It's great stuff.

Listening to Irish mythology podcasts from Candlelit Tales (love them) and Fireside.
                                                                                I worked in the field for a while so I knew a lot of what was being said about growth rates and so forth was incredibly oversimplified hence the interest but I look at effectively nothing now.

I remember 3 films vividly which my step-dad watched; Last of the Mohicans, Bloodsport & Darby O'Gill. Classics

I'll definitely give that a listen, I loved mythology as a child. I know quite a lot of people didn't like the book but I thoroughly enjoyed Stephen Fry's audible versions of Mythos & Heroes, all about Greek Mythology

Comment

Listening to Irish mythology podcasts from Candlelit Tales (love them)
                                                                                  Nice to see them mentioned on here. I've known Sorcha and Aron for many years and was at their first couple of shows in the Stag's Head. They're brilliant at what they do and seem to be going from strength to strength. Big recommend.

"I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Big Goosey 5.00 Fundalk
                                                                                    Thanks!

Comment

Big Goosey 5.00 Fundalk
                                                                                      Thanks BJ

Comment

Thanks BJ, went off at 10/1 as well!

Comment

Damn! I had just looked at that race when you posted this morning and he was on a shortlist of three, got busy in the afternoon and remembered just at 5:30...got logged in just in time to see the 1.01

Comment

Wahoo just saw now it won

Big Goozer mr tipster . A score on the nose .

Now to give it back.
                                                                                            Wha? It's not real money yet . To the races....-》

Comment

Ta ta.

I'm gona gamble all of it on Leeds win both teams to score. Spins.

Comment

If you like The Warriors (which should be everyone) I watched a documentary about the South Bronx gangs of the late 60s/70s which was enjoyable called Rubble Kings.

Comment

Top class trolling by Ted Cruz in having a poodle called 'Snowflake'

Eujlwf4XAAMp9xJ?format=jpg&name=4096x4096.jpg

Comment

Moar cooking success.
                                                                                                    Cooking cod, hake or haddock in a super-crispy fish batter made from sparkling water steams the fish so it's really moist.

Got the Elbows seal of approval lol

Comment

filedata/fetch?id=1687385&d=1613772926&type=thumb
                                                                                                      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                                                                                                      This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

I see LL shared an article over on the darkside regarding Israel’s new green badge policy: https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/18/w...e=articleShare

Without getting bogged down in the legality of how something like this could be applied, I’m curious of peoples opinions on it.

On its face I understand the ethics around the greater good but a couple of pieces don’t sit well with me.

If we look at this methodology as a global solution, it is clear that 3rd world countries will be those marginalised under this regime.
                                                                                                        Vaccines will be rolled out years quicker in 1st world countries creating further inequality.

The other aspect is the data side which I’m not quite sure about.
                                                                                                        There is currently a bill being pushed to allow local authorities to identify the unvaccinated.

It is one thing for governments or private institutions to choose to only allow certain facilities to be available to those green badged but another to make the circumstances of citizens known.

In the Israeli example, clearly Palestinians are not being provided the vaccine at the same rate so not only are their opportunities restricted through no fault of their own but their position is public knowledge.
                                                                                                        Perhaps that is not intention but that may arise as a further means of marginalisation.

Just initial thoughts but interested on how others might view it.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                                          Sure I had a cruise book in April and was still planning on going by late Feb.

Comment

True Self 1.00 Riyadh today

Comment

If you like The Warriors (which should be everyone) I watched a documentary about the South Bronx gangs of the late 60s/70s which was enjoyable called Rubble Kings.

thanks for this, really cool little docu. Had the video of warriors as a kid and watched it so many times.

Comment

Oh once mighty BBV perhaps you may impart some personal knowledge on shopping during lockdown.

I need to buy new Hiking boots . Any new fancy ones worth investing in plus does anywhere do click and collect or do I have to await delivery. I'd like my new boots ASAP.
                                                                                                                I dedicate the purchase to balfejohn whose tip sent me on a bit of a heater

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                                                                                  Oh once mighty BBV perhaps you may impart some personal knowledge on shopping during lockdown.

I need to buy new Hiking boots . Any new fancy ones worth investing in plus does anywhere do click and collect or do I have to await delivery. I'd like my new boots ASAP.
                                                                                                                  I dedicate the purchase to balfejohn whose tip sent me on a bit of a heater
                                                                                                                  You could skip down to Ted Johnson's in Naas its a farm and hardware store, conveniently situated on the way to Tesco, they carry a god range of hiking boots that you could try on.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                                                    Moar cooking success.
                                                                                                                    Cooking cod, hake or haddock in a super-crispy fish batter made from sparkling water steams the fish so it's really moist.

Got the Elbows seal of approval lol

That looks outstanding Sam !

Irishcookingboards.

Did a Detroit style pizza yesterday, grilled chicken thighs and homemade bbq sauce. The nicest pizza ever ! Used calorie free cheese...

PXL-20210219-140138432.jpg

PXL-20210219-141815516.jpg

PXL-20210219-190010752.jpg

PXL-20210219-194827758.jpg

PXL-20210219-195033884.jpg

PXL-20210219-201941751.jpg

PXL-20210219-202221928.jpg

This too shall pass.

Comment

Friend is creating a betfair account today, I can't recommend a friend from my account so first to pm with a link will get their free bets or whatever it is. They're opening it next hour or two so be quick

nevermind, they opened it just now and nobody pm'd
                                                                                                                      Last edited by mdoug; 20-02-21, 14:58.
                                                                                                                      Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Legend
                                                                                                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Beautiful win. Awesome tip. Won a grand on him. Ty Ty.
                                                                                                                          No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X