Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really enjoyed watching the short Georgian documentary The Trader there on Netflix. Given the nature of it I then spent the following 10 minutes reading East European potato jokes (that two guys came up with via email years ago I recall reading once) such as these:

Comment

Hitchhiker's Guide To... I just watched Class ActionPark, as it’s on sky documentaries, a fun watch!

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post
        Hitchhiker's Guide To... I just watched Class ActionPark, as it’s on sky documentaries, a fun watch!
        Yeah it's amazing!
        "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

I've had a fever and diarrhoea since 7pm yesterday. Just waiting for the GP to open so I can give him a call. Balls.
          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

No idea of the circumstances as only vaguely keeping up with thread but we need Raul for Cheltenham. Be like Xmas without Santa.

I'm still in hospital with this fucking thing. They let me out Monday the 8th and 14 hours later I was ambulanced back.

Was pretty hard one mentally going back to meds, treatments and physical state that I had passed through two weeks previous.

A tentative, can see big improvements this week.

​​​​​​Seems no rush to let me out again given last weeks effort.

​​​​​​
            Last edited by nicnicnic; 17-02-21, 05:13.

Comment

Good luck CC . I guess reading Nickys post right after is a tad scary.

Best of health to ye both. Can't wait until this all is abated .
              Apart from my normal general lunacy I'm not suffering mentally but I can see quite a few people starting to crack.

On a separate note . Cheltenham is obviously going ahead .
              anyone got some ante post tips ?

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                Good luck CC . I guess reading Nickys post right after is a tad scary.

Best of health to ye both. Can't wait until this all is abated .
                Apart from my normal general lunacy I'm not suffering mentally but I can see quite a few people starting to crack.

On a separate note . Cheltenham is obviously going ahead .
                anyone got some ante post tips ?
                Elliot:
                Duffel Coat NRNB Martin Pipe/Ballymore
                Zanahiyr Triumph
                Coko Beach, National Hunt
                ToryGraph Albert Bartlett

Kilcruit seems hard to back against in the Bumper but Brandy Love is a decent price.

Mullins seems to have, based on the Dublin festival a monster team this year.

Anyway, thats my quick notes
                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Careful now on the social media ye kn***ers ............

https://www.independent.ie/irish-new...-40100581.html
                  Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

That was a goooooood first load this morning.

Comment

best of luck cc (and nicnicnic of course, but you know what is wrong with you). Fever and the runs might be just something like food poisoning.

Comment

Beef Stir Fry loaded with tender beef and vegetables The easy 3-ingredient beef stir fry sauce adds amazing Asian BBQ flavor.

thanks to whoever posted this, it was delicious. Needed extra fresh coriander to add the final sparkle, but excellent.

Comment

People talking about their memories of the 1916 Rising.

Comment

Just watched in and of itself. This is basically Derek Delgaudio's broadway show but what a show it is! incredibly powerful and moving mixed with some great story telling and magic.

Comment

Tesco doing a special on Cadburys Buttons eggs.
                              Bought 5 small ones for €5 thinking they'd last.
                              Ate one in the car driving home,
                              opened a 2nd to go with the coffee after unpacking.
                              Came down this morning and there's a pile of
                              crinkly paper and cardboard boxes by the armchair.

Egg shaped chocolate really tastes so much better.
                              Desperately looking for an excuse do another shop.
                              Last edited by DeeBrown; 17-02-21, 13:12.

Comment

BTC smashing 50k

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                  https://www.ucd.ie/folklore/1916/oral-history.html#

People talking about their memories of the 1916 Rising.
                                  Listening. Love it

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                    best of luck cc (and nicnicnic of course, but you know what is wrong with you). Fever and the runs might be just something like food poisoning.
                                    I'd prefer covid .

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

Elliot:
                                      Duffel Coat NRNB Martin Pipe/Ballymore
                                      Zanahiyr Triumph
                                      Coko Beach, National Hunt
                                      ToryGraph Albert Bartlett

Kilcruit seems hard to back against in the Bumper but Brandy Love is a decent price.

Mullins seems to have, based on the Dublin festival a monster team this year.

Anyway, thats my quick notes
                                      Goona follow these on the basis that your luck will turn. Yep I'm a fish

Comment

Originally posted by DeeBrown View Post
                                        Tesco doing a special on Cadburys Buttons eggs.
                                        Bought 5 small ones for €5 thinking they'd last.
                                        Ate one in the car driving home,
                                        opened a 2nd to go with the coffee after unpacking.
                                        Came down this morning and there's a pile of
                                        crinkly paper and cardboard boxes by the armchair.

Egg shaped chocolate really tastes so much better.
                                        Desperately looking for an excuse do another shop.
                                        Keep on eye out for Hennessy XO, selling it off for €75, less than half price.
                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

There is something weirdly brilliant about egg shaped chocolate. Not really a fan of chocolate by itself, but shape it into an egg and would take either 100 duck-sized horses, or one horse-sized duck to keep me away.

Comment

There is something weirdly brilliant about egg shaped chocolate. Not really a fan of chocolate by itself, but shape it into an egg and would take either 100 duck-sized horses, or one horse-sized duck to keep me away.
                                            I bought my better half one of those terrible value -yet highly thoughtful ​​​​​- book box subscriptions starting last month.
                                            You know, the ones where you get a book, chocolate & maybe a candle or something similar.

Anyway, it came last month with https://www.lirchocolates.com

Obviously I couldn’t help checking how much they made on me for putting the stuff in a box and delivering it.

That said, I have to say I thought it was the best value chocolate I’ve tasted.
                                            If they’re doing Easter Eggs this year, that’s what everyone will be getting.

Comment

That rung a bell.
                                              I introduced the trope of duck sized horses to IPB on 3rd Aug 2012 in a mini well for rigger.
                                              Tempus fugits like a motherfucker
                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post

I bought my better half one of those terrible value -yet highly thoughtful ​​​​​- book box subscriptions starting last month.
                                                You know, the ones where you get a book, chocolate & maybe a candle or something similar.

Anyway, it came last month with https://www.lirchocolates.com

Obviously I couldn’t help checking how much they made on me for putting the stuff in a box and delivering it.

That said, I have to say I thought it was the best value chocolate I’ve tasted.
                                                If they’re doing Easter Eggs this year, that’s what everyone will be getting.
                                                Lily O'Briens, notoriously crap pretending to be good, has ruined all Irish choc for me. Must give it a go. How does the book thing work as books are so massively personal?

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

That rung a bell.
                                                  I introduced the trope of duck sized horses to IPB on 3rd Aug 2012 in a mini well for rigger.
                                                  Tempus fugits like a motherfucker
                                                  yes! thats where I got it from, I think! It was a question used in those wells.

Comment

Lily O'Briens, notoriously crap pretending to be good, has ruined all Irish choc for me. Must give it a go. How does the book thing work as books are so massively personal?
                                                    You simply pick a genre something like Irish Authors, Click Lit or similar. It's only a 3 month subscription, not a long term thing or anything.
                                                    I did raid Amazon Warehouse for myself though when it was 20% off, great way to pick up hard copies.

Comment

Shipped 2k on the euromillions, very good thing the bookies aren't open at the moment

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak

where?
                                                        Tesco
                                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                                                          Shipped 2k on the euromillions, very good thing the bookies aren't open at the moment
                                                          wtf - you can't just post that. you need to tell us how we can also win such bountiful riches. how did you pick the numbers.

I was actually thinking of playing the lotto because can't use my card to bet with bookies as need the six months clean accounts for mortgage.

Comment

Got to live how butthurt Facebook are by apples new privacy controls
                                                            absolute human shitstains whining about how they won’t be able to make money by violating people’s privacy and actively making the world a worse place - love it

Comment

wtf - you can't just post that. you need to tell us how we can also win such bountiful riches. how did you pick the numbers.

I was actually thinking of playing the lotto because can't use my card to bet with bookies as need the six months clean accounts for mortgage.
                                                              In the most scientific way possible - one line of quickpick with Plus. The winnings came from getting 4 numbers in the Plus draw

Comment

In the most scientific way possible - one line of quickpick with Plus. The winnings came from getting 4 numbers in the Plus draw
                                                                Ah quikpick is fixed, clearly a noob, only way is the kids bday

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post

Keep on eye out for Hennessy XO, selling it off for €75, less than half price.
                                                                  I asked for an excuse to do another shop, BiNGO!!!

Only fair to warn ya Ole,
                                                                  if my "beloved supreme leader" discovers
                                                                  five of those by the armchair tomorrow morning
                                                                  I'll be terminated ..... with extreme prejudice.
                                                                  I'm not above taking you down with me.
                                                                  ​​
                                                                  Last edited by DeeBrown; 17-02-21, 18:19.

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post

Ah quikpick is fixed, clearly a noob, only way is the kids bday
                                                                    What if you forget to play one day??? You know that's the day your numbers come up. More science bro

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                      BTC smashing 50k
                                                                      I'm going to buy a house with half a bitcoin some day. Let's see how poorly this ages. #Remindme10years
                                                                      (guy in work did before but he has/had a ton of them and is a millionaire).

Comment

What if you forget to play one day??? You know that's the day your numbers come up. More science bro
                                                                        You have me excited now, the Euromillions is it's highest ever price this Friday, I'm definitely doing it now

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                            I'm going to buy a house with half a bitcoin some day. Let's see how poorly this ages. #Remindme10years
                                                                            (guy in work did before but he has/had a ton of them and is a millionaire).
                                                                            Whats you selling price ? Quiet realistically, yet unlikely, that potential 20k could be 1k in the morning.
                                                                            This too shall pass.

Comment

Whats you selling price ? Quiet realistically, yet unlikely, that potential 20k could be 1k in the morning.
                                                                              Just gonna be holding it for ages, it was only $100 worth so even if went back to that I wouldn't be bothered. Maybe up near 6 figures would be a good time. It's a nice gambool while my other assets are safer. If I bought it at a big price, I'd have taken the initial investment out by now. I'm not surprised it's 52k now - it's at where I thought it would be and it was far riskier when i thought that initially than now, and only seems to be getting greater adoption each year, I think it's a decent bet. It'll probably crash a bit, has done before. Will do again. I'm not one to attempt to time it. No clue what will happen, but I do think it will 0 or go huge over the long run, and I think it has a lot of growth left in it.
                                                                              Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 17-02-21, 20:06.

Comment

Wombatman, you'll enjoy the goal in the Porto game. Juve dicking around inside the penalty area and concede a clanger

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                  Wombatman, you'll enjoy the goal in the Porto game. Juve dicking around inside the penalty area and concede a clanger
                                                                                  Oh don't encourage him. Or maybe someone else can post dozens of times a game when keeping possession prevented the opponent from having an attack.

Comment

Is yer man Trippie in Texas?

Bit of a story that the State with its own power grid is now in a blackout, plunging temps means that their gas pipes lost pressure (47% of power source) while Fox etc are blaming the failure of wind turbines, Which supply 20% of the grid.
                                                                                    ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Another step towards single game Sportsbetting in Canada completed.

I personally think it was already priced in but SCR open tomorrow should be interesting.

This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                      All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                      The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post

Oh don't encourage him. Or maybe someone else can post dozens of times a game when keeping possession prevented the opponent from having an attack.
                                                                                        Catenaccio will rise again!!

Comment

Had the covid test done up in citywest yesterday lunchtime. Result back this morning and its negative! Think it must have been the salmon I had on Monday, though it seemed fine. Temperature back to normal this morning too.
                                                                                          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                                                                                            Had the covid test done up in citywest yesterday lunchtime. Result back this morning and its negative! Think it must have been the salmon I had on Monday, though it seemed fine. Temperature back to normal this morning too.
                                                                                            nailed it!

Comment

nailed it!
                                                                                              You are a Doctor after all.
                                                                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

You are a Doctor after all.
                                                                                                Never get enough credit for that

Comment

Never get enough credit for that
                                                                                                  Speaking of...anyone know what Bubbleking is doing these days ?
                                                                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Won $20 on a scratch card. Boom!

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me

Very interesting, the wind turbines would only have been replaced by more gas so that’s not likely causation. We’ll leave the asynchronous stuff to another time
                                                                                                      From what i read, the owners of the texas electricity companies took it out of the federal grid to escape federal regulation, therefore when the cold hit, the grid overloaded and couldn't service demand. another shocking greed story.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post

Won $20 on a scratch card. Boom!
                                                                                                        What's your strategy?
                                                                                                        ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post

What's your strategy?
                                                                                                          Your man jacool on Boards has the Euro millions figured out anyway.

His theory is, balls are due to come out soon, because they haven't been seen in a while. Legend.

Comment

Was given a scratchcard there, won a tenner. Went into spar hoping they accept it and tentatively handed it over like I knew what I was doing. The addiction begins.

Comment

What's your strategy?
                                                                                                              There were two guys in front of me. Young student types. Future degenerates no doubt. I could see that were out of their depth. The first bought a $5 scratchcards. And splurged the case $10 on five $2. Lol. Clueless. Everyone knows the strike rate and yield factor of the $2 cards are lowest.
                                                                                                              The second guy, three $5. All the same type, despite there being 4 options.

I had a fiver note in my wallet. Change from a single can of Kilkenny I just purchased. A $5 scratchy was the obvious play. Normal the smart move would be to take a variety the two guys avoided. But I catch a glimpse of the second guys eyes as he was leaving. He wasn’t a winner, and he knew it. If he just pulled out 3 losing cards, then the next one ff that roll has a 50% chance of winning. I couldn’t pass that edge up.
                                                                                                              I didn’t even leave the shop, scratched it right there on the counter and handed it back to the bewildered shopkeeper without even checking it. She scans it. And the instantly...ding ding ding...the electro-claxton that only winners know. 20 big ones.
                                                                                                              I did the billi strut out of the shop, straight over to the off-licence, and picked up the other 5 cans from that Kilkenny 6-pack.

Comment

When the lotto was relatively new the head Christian brother of the school ran a draw based on the lotto numbers. This guy was a moneymaker and cute hoor and cut his teeth in the states. He would pay us students to lift desks from the hall to the 3rd floor rather than pay removals to do it. We were delighted to see a couple of paper punts for lifting desks as we probably would have done it if we were order to. Fair man overall. Anyway it was lets say 50p a line 3 for 1 pound type thing. You needed all six numbers though to bink!. First week some lad binked it and got £120 or something like that. Felt sorry for him as he would have won a million had he done it in the shop. House took a fair slice im sure. 2 weeks later it was won again!. Whats the odds 650ish players and binked twice in 2 weeks. Scrapped shortly after.

Got 5 numbers in a small work syndicate in one of my first jobs but there was nowt for 5 then much like there is today especally if theres a few others who had five. And most recently a collegue scanned his ticket in a newsagent and the buzzer went off. He binked the lotto +1. Wasnt short of a bob either from inheritance and was living in a four star hotel before that. Quare hawk he was the win meant absolutely nothing to him. To look at him youd think he was destitute. Passed away since. Planned his own funeral, big brass band in church and similar at graveside.
                                                                                                                Last edited by rounders123; 18-02-21, 14:24. Reason: Planned his own funeral

Comment

Is yer man Trippie in Texas?

Bit of a story that the State with its own power grid is now in a blackout, plunging temps means that their gas pipes lost pressure (47% of power source) while Fox etc are blaming the failure of wind turbines, Which supply 20% of the grid.

Meh i can't post tweets or anything here anymore - pic of frozen appartment block in downtown Dallas
                                                                                                                  Last edited by Dice75; 18-02-21, 15:12.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

Meh i can't post tweets or anything here anymore - pic of frozen appartment block in downtown Dallas
                                                                                                                    Just missing the [ on the last [/tweet]
                                                                                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

I went to school with a guy got bagged 250k off what I believe was a pretty standard scratchcard a couple of years ago. Pretty sure he bought a sports car of sorts and crashed it pretty soon afterwards.

Comment

Keep finding myself every few weeks running up against a wall where just nothing gets done. It's weird as used to not commute much, and not even talk to people too much when getting into work, and yet, that little bit of personal communication was enough to keep the time spent mainly at home ticking along.

Comment

Keep finding myself every few weeks running up against a wall where just nothing gets done. It's weird as used to not commute much, and not even talk to people too much when getting into work, and yet, that little bit of personal communication was enough to keep the time spent mainly at home ticking along.
                                                                                                                          In the same boat too, I'm not really sure what I'm going to do when it is safe to return to the office iwhich is now suggested to be Jan. If I could offset the cost through a reimbursement by the company or some other means, I'd consider paying for a shared office space.

I thought pretty early on that people would proclaim the value of WFH in the short term but quickly realise that it probably isn't a productive long term solution for the majority.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X