Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And its such a silly argument approach 'oh health outcomes depend on so many factors that we can't measure, so lets assume the health system is crap but all these other things we can't measure are amazing'. If Irish health outcomes are very good, which they are, its because the health system is very good.
    "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
      If Irish health outcomes are very good, which they are, its because the health system is very good.
      So it's not because of our superior genes and diet?

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
        Do you put your socks on standing up or sitting down?
        I've always done it standing up and instinctively go to do it that way, but being 50+ I'm finding it a bit of a challenge these days.
        48 years taking pants off inefficiently i found out a few weeks ago...

Open waist, shake you left leg a few times till it comes below the ankle, use your right foot to trap it and pull it off, repeat other side, done !
        This too shall pass.

Comment

Holy balls Ireland is making a hames of the covid situation.

Actually, where is the Situation? Havent seen him around here in a bit.

This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
          All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post

Wondered that, a bit of give the judas/newcomer the poison chalice and protect the stalwarts?

Harris learned to communicate well, which was arguably all we needed at the time, and something Donnelly is brutal at, I think the jury is still out on whether Harris was a good health minister though.
            Good point about whether Harris was a good health minister. Fortunately enough for him he will be benchmarked against Donnelly and will come out of it looking fantastic.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post

Good point about whether Harris was a good health minister. Fortunately enough for him he will be benchmarked against Donnelly and will come out of it looking fantastic.
              Bring vincent browne back to ignorantly talk over donnolly as he attempts to explain himself I say
              airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                Holy balls Ireland is making a hames of the covid situation.

Just generally, or is there something new to give our about?
                airport, lol

Comment

Just generally, or is there something new to give our about?
                  Just generally. I'm just bitter as I wanted to get back play some golf with Murdrum and crew. It was always ambitious, but it's the hope that kills ya.

There are far bigger consequences than me missing a day out playing whackfuck though.

I'm not sure where Im going with this, all work and no play makes homer go something something.
                  All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                  The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Bring vincent browne back to ignorantly talk over donnolly as he attempts to explain himself I say
                    The Catherine Connolly clip is what you're after. She put him back in his box when he tried to give it Billy big bollox with her.

Glorious

Comment

Just generally. I'm just bitter as I wanted to get back play some golf with Murdrum and crew. It was always ambitious, but it's the hope that kills ya.

There are far bigger consequences than me missing a day out playing whackfuck though.

I'm not sure where Im going with this, all work and no play makes homer go something something.
                      If you’re basing your disappointment on a lost day playing golf with me, you’ll be happy to know, you missed 1hr of me waffling the ear off you followed by 3 hrs of me sulking about why I’m still shite at golf in spite of 20 hours a week of YouTube videos and buying a new driver every fortnight

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post

If you’re basing your disappointment on a lost day playing golf with me, you’ll be happy to know, you missed 1hr of me waffling the ear off you followed by 3 hrs of me sulking about why I’m still shite at golf in spite of 20 hours a week of YouTube videos and buying a new driver every fortnight

I haven't been waffled to in nearly two years. There is no waffling in Canada, they have things like line ups(queues), and sidewalks(paths), a town on the border of Alberta and Saskatchewan is called Alsask and an area of the Kootenay mountains near the Can/Us border is called Koocanusa.

These guys don't get waffle. Its with O'Leary in the grave.

More importantly, what driver are you getting?

Comment

Mo

Always plenty of people worse off, but we all need a moan now and then regardless!
                          airport, lol

Comment

Wondered that, a bit of give the judas/newcomer the poison chalice and protect the stalwarts?

Harris learned to communicate well, which was arguably all we needed at the time, and something Donnelly is brutal at, I think the jury is still out on whether Harris was a good health minister though.
                            My presumption was that there was deal made when he joined the party that he'd a given that role / a big ministery when FF got back in power.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post

The Catherine Connolly clip is what you're after. She put him back in his box when he tried to give it Billy big bollox with her.

Glorious
                              Ah ya, fair play to her, his arrogance is something special. Still like to see Vinnie give him a grilling over his current situation though.
                              airport, lol

Comment

I'm not sure if you are on drugs, and if so fair play as we'd all love some drugs right now, but that seems an awfully long-winded way of saying that Ireland is mid-table = you list 13 of the 28 EU countries we are behind, leaving 14 we are ahead of. But wow thats some way of saying that. Almost impressive.
                                Relax Hitch, whatever's bothering you today it isn't me. No need to be unpleasant.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post

Relax Hitch, whatever's bothering you today it isn't me. No need to be unpleasant.
                                  Think I'm just a collection of bothers at this point!

But surely listing out 13 countries one-by-one in a 27 country union and saying Ireland is behind these 13 countries, and not noting Ireland as therefore the middle country of 27 can only have been an attempt to add to anyone reasonable's bothers.

Comment

Think I'm just a collection of bothers at this point!

But surely listing out 13 countries one-by-one in a 27 country union and saying Ireland is behind these 13 countries, and not noting Ireland as therefore the middle country of 27 can only have been an attempt to add to anyone reasonable's bothers.
                                    I cant find your quote but it's something like this.

The pandemic is sure making people act strangely .

Comment

Poetry
                                      Climate change is not some abstract threat happening elsewhere, it is real, and is happening everywhere we chose to engage in unsustainable and wasteful technology. Bitcoin is simultaneously both an environmental and a moral disaster that does nothing but enable the same kind of reckless speculation and gambling that created the global financial crisis. For those of us in the tech sector we have to ask ourselves a fundamental question. What possible explanation are we going to tell to our children about why our generation did this?

The story will have to go like this: We were angry at the financial status quo and instead of finding the answers and strength of purpose within ourselves to build a more fair, democratic and just society we instead decided to put our faith in an anarchist technical fantasy that solved nothing and only escalated irreversible damage to our climate. And now it’s your generation’s problem.

I don’t want to tell my children that story. We don’t need to repeat the mistakes of our parent’s generation. Buying bitcoin isn’t buying “digital gold”. It’s investing in a futures contract on the gullibility of your fellow man, a debit on our children’s lives and a stake in climate change nihilism. It is long past time for us in the tech sector to get on the right side of history and stop enabling this madness.

From this

Comment

Can confirm everything here

I'm fairly sure if a driver, fairway wood, iron or putter from the big manufacturers has come out in the last 5 years, Murdrum has had it in his bag for a short while. And then made some profit off it, the man is a magnet for a bargain.

It's a pity how the site has been buggy and slow since the change. It's getting better though. I was never a big poster but always enjoyed the lurk and the banter

Also, RD111, we know you're lurking. Come back to fuck and leave me donate to Cheltenham comp. You've given worse put downs :tren

Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

As mentioned before I dipped into Bitcoin around the last bull run and sold on its way up for a very small profit as i became more aware what a crock of shit it was (I tried actually using it- at the time people were still pretending it was going to be a currency)
                                          had something like a euro or something like that left after cashing out, with Bitcoin in news again logged in and found recent bulk run had brought that up to 17 euro.
                                          Messed around a bit and have 143 euro now after putting it in to some worthless junk called GRT (the graph- they call themselves the google of blockchain ) bought in at 29 cent it’s at 1.50 now

thinking of casing it out of coin base now and buying an expensive bottle of whiskey to savour on the day this crypto bubble implodes
                                          Anyone know how banks look upon withdrawals from coin base to you are applying for mortgages etc down the line? Assume they (correctly) don’t like it and flag you as a potential paedo or something?

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                            Poetry
                                            Climate change is not some abstract threat happening elsewhere, it is real, and is happening everywhere we chose to engage in unsustainable and wasteful technology. Bitcoin is simultaneously both an environmental and a moral disaster that does nothing but enable the same kind of reckless speculation and gambling that created the global financial crisis. For those of us in the tech sector we have to ask ourselves a fundamental question. What possible explanation are we going to tell to our children about why our generation did this?

The story will have to go like this: We were angry at the financial status quo and instead of finding the answers and strength of purpose within ourselves to build a more fair, democratic and just society we instead decided to put our faith in an anarchist technical fantasy that solved nothing and only escalated irreversible damage to our climate. And now it’s your generation’s problem.

I don’t want to tell my children that story. We don’t need to repeat the mistakes of our parent’s generation. Buying bitcoin isn’t buying “digital gold”. It’s investing in a futures contract on the gullibility of your fellow man, a debit on our children’s lives and a stake in climate change nihilism. It is long past time for us in the tech sector to get on the right side of history and stop enabling this madness.

From this
                                            https://www.stephendiehl.com/blog/chernobyl.html
                                            Do you see any use or value in blockchain?

Comment

This is something that you might find interesting given you hate Crypto and Auditors.

https://cardanians-io.medium.com/wha...o-36b35839b785

"The problem of the financial system is that trust is based on ledgers that are maintained by institutions themselves and nobody else except authorized auditors cannot see them."
                                              Ordinary people have to believe that audited entities do not cheat and if it is the case then that auditors are honest and diligent enough to find it out. Put it simply, it could be difficult for ordinary people to verify whether authorities do their job well."
                                              Last edited by Theresa; 11-02-21, 20:44.

Comment

And its such a silly argument approach 'oh health outcomes depend on so many factors that we can't measure, so lets assume the health system is crap but all these other things we can't measure are amazing'. If Irish health outcomes are very good, which they are, its because the health system is very good.
                                                I know what you are doing here. You are creating an argument 'open goal' in the hope the RDIII will return for an easy conversion.

We are a first world country by many standards. This leads to a better quality of life and a higher life expectancy. Our health service is not one of the first world standards.

Angola

See how Outcomes healthcare solutions are connecting payers, pharmacies, and manufacturers to deliver better patient outcomes.

Breast cancer mortality rates among women aged 45+ in 2015 (for Bulgaria and Slovakia - 2014 and Russian Federation – 2013; for countries with small populations – Cyprus, Luxembourg and Malta – we used Joinpoint modeled data, applied due to large fluctuations). The highest mortality rates – more than 60/100,000 of the population – occurred in Hungary (62.9/100,000), Croatia (62.3/100,000) and in Ireland (60.6/100,000). The lowest – less than 40/100,000 – occurred in Spain (36.8/100,000) and in Norway (36.9/100,000). Among remaining analyzed countries, we can distinguish two main groups – countries with mortality rates between 42/100,000 and 50/100,000 (ten countries) and between 50/100,000 and 59/100,000 (seventeen countries).
                                                AMS-16-1-36706-g004.jpg

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

The pandemic is sure making people act strangely .
                                                  I think I tipped over the edge this evening.

Bought the first 3 records in a 6 record set of the sound of the artist - The Caretaker - progressing though the stages of dementia.

It's a concept sound art cycle I suppose based on the slowly degrading sound of 1920s and 30s ballroom music, light jazz/pop and the like.

It's 6.5 hours of 'music' in total and cost e70 for first three pieces only! so I'll drop at least another e70 to complete the set when they are finally reissued - the originals cost over e100 for each record)

"Embarking on the Caretaker’s final journey with the familiar vernacular of abraded shellac 78s and their ghostly waltzes to emulate the entropic effect of a mind becoming detached from everyone else’s sense of reality and coming to terms with their own, altered, and ever more elusive sense of ontology. The series aims to enlighten our understanding of dementia by breaking it down into a series of stages that provide a haunting guide to its progression, deterioration and disintegration and the way that people experience it according to a range of impending factors."

It might be the only thing I ever need to listen to again which makes me both sad and gives me comfort at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by The Aul Switcharoo View Post

Can confirm everything here

I'm fairly sure if a driver, fairway wood, iron or putter from the big manufacturers has come out in the last 5 years, Murdrum has had it in his bag for a short while. And then made some profit off it, the man is a magnet for a bargain.
                                                    Equivalent of the Junior C corner back who wears white predators

Comment

Good short read on Covid as it addresses what I feel many aren’t addressing which is that this an Endemic Disease: https://www.economist.com/leaders/20...-vaccines-work

On a more positive note, the cover art is quite cool

Comment

ASTI are disgusting pricks
                                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                          Anyone got a recommendation or two for an free/open source automated data transformation tool?

Ease of use would be good if possible

Cheers!
                                                          Zapier?

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post

48 years taking pants off inefficiently i found out a few weeks ago...

Open waist, shake you left leg a few times till it comes below the ankle, use your right foot to trap it and pull it off, repeat other side, done !
                                                            How many years did it take to take the next pair off?
                                                            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Do you see any use or value in blockchain?
                                                              I’m not qualified to rule it out but I I’ve got a bullshit radar and most of the use cases flung around by people shilling are

the whole scene reminds me of online poker 05/06

Comment

This is something that you might find interesting given you hate Crypto and Auditors.

https://cardanians-io.medium.com/wha...o-36b35839b785

There wouldn’t be any problem for whatever junk that guy is shilling to solve if a more people were put up against the wall after the last crash

enjoyed the Pearl clutching from the KPMG employees today over their boss tell them they have fuck all to be whinging about-he knows the score

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post

I think I tipped over the edge this evening.

Bought the first 3 records in a 6 record set of the sound of the artist - The Caretaker - progressing though the stages of dementia.

It's a concept sound art cycle I suppose based on the slowly degrading sound of 1920s and 30s ballroom music, light jazz/pop and the like.

It's 6.5 hours of 'music' in total and cost e70 for first three pieces only! so I'll drop at least another e70 to complete the set when they are finally reissued - the originals cost over e100 for each record)

"Embarking on the Caretaker’s final journey with the familiar vernacular of abraded shellac 78s and their ghostly waltzes to emulate the entropic effect of a mind becoming detached from everyone else’s sense of reality and coming to terms with their own, altered, and ever more elusive sense of ontology. The series aims to enlighten our understanding of dementia by breaking it down into a series of stages that provide a haunting guide to its progression, deterioration and disintegration and the way that people experience it according to a range of impending factors."

It might be the only thing I ever need to listen to again which makes me both sad and gives me comfort at the same time.

Comment

For AJ...

I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

Zapier?
                                                                      The question Elsham asked gives me PTSD.

Hows Bant? Give us your DailyBantUpdate, pics, graphs, thoughts . tyvm.

Comment

Please don't insult the good name of RDIII Wombatman by insinuating he would want any part of your argument. So I show survival rates from all illnesses, and you counteract with fucking cataracts. Have you no shame man to be dragging cataracts into a life-and-death situation. And before you go all Irish Society for the Promotion of Cataract Awareness on me, I'm sure they're horrific, its just not comparable to survival from all illnesses.

No-one ever wants to talk about overall figures because it doesn't suit some weird agenda - mainly nurses promoting resource issues and wanting the solution to be more hiring and pay for nurses (despite nurse pay and nurse-patient ratios being both best in Europe). Everyone always bases their views on their mate who does a few operations in the beacon. Or Matilda who sat on a trolley. I think service could be dramatically improved, and they need to concentrate more on under-focused illnesses, but the actual outcomes are really good.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                          Slightly off the topic but something I found interesting was that one of my best friends who is a cardiologist did a PHD a couple of years ago with one of the big hospitals in London, can't remember which. Anyway it was about stents. He said at the end of it between their study and other similar ones he's pretty convinced that stents don't work in the vast majority of cases. As in, they have no positive impact at all. Reckons the whole thing is more or less just a racket to keep surgeons billable hours up*

EDIT: I should say, no positive impact besides placebo
                                                                          I hope to fuck he's wrong
                                                                          Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Comment

As mentioned before I dipped into Bitcoin around the last bull run and sold on its way up for a very small profit as i became more aware what a crock of shit it was (I tried actually using it- at the time people were still pretending it was going to be a currency)
                                                                            had something like a euro or something like that left after cashing out, with Bitcoin in news again logged in and found recent bulk run had brought that up to 17 euro.
                                                                            Messed around a bit and have 143 euro now after putting it in to some worthless junk called GRT (the graph- they call themselves the google of blockchain ) bought in at 29 cent it’s at 1.50 now

thinking of casing it out of coin base now and buying an expensive bottle of whiskey to savour on the day this crypto bubble implodes
                                                                            Anyone know how banks look upon withdrawals from coin base to you are applying for mortgages etc down the line? Assume they (correctly) don’t like it and flag you as a potential paedo or something?
                                                                            Remember that Crypto Cafe that opened up on maybe aungier st during the last bitcoin boom, they got a bit ahead of themselves
                                                                            airport, lol

Comment

As a side note, did anybody else not know how to pronounce Aungier st until Aungier Danger opened?
                                                                              airport, lol

Comment

Wrap it up boyos

Comment

Please don't insult the good name of RDIII Wombatman by insinuating he would want any part of your argument. So I show survival rates from all illnesses, and you counteract with fucking cataracts. Have you no shame man to be dragging cataracts into a life-and-death situation. And before you go all Irish Society for the Promotion of Cataract Awareness on me, I'm sure they're horrific, its just not comparable to survival from all illnesses.

No-one ever wants to talk about overall figures because it doesn't suit some weird agenda - mainly nurses promoting resource issues and wanting the solution to be more hiring and pay for nurses (despite nurse pay and nurse-patient ratios being both best in Europe). Everyone always bases their views on their mate who does a few operations in the beacon. Or Matilda who sat on a trolley. I think service could be dramatically improved, and they need to concentrate more on under-focused illnesses, but the actual outcomes are really good.
                                                                                  Im not one for the pulling data to counteract debates but, 2018 says you are wrong. Unless the best doesnt mean first in Hitch land ?

Nurses_2018data_SE.png

This too shall pass.

Comment

Certainly the funniest Zoom fail I’ve seen and don’t worry no nothing flashing across screens or anything either

Comment

Certainly the funniest Zoom fail I’ve seen and don’t worry no nothing flashing across screens or anything either
                                                                                      It was better when DeadParrot posted it on Tuesday. Was also a main news story on BBC, SKY, and RTE on Wednesday
                                                                                      Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Crypto portfolio up 33% since I posted last night- I am a god Don’t worry when I make it I’ll set up a foundation to send 1 ipbers kid to uni my way of giving back Have fun staying poor

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

It was better when DeadParrot posted it on Tuesday. Was also a main news story on BBC, SKY, and RTE on Wednesday
                                                                                          I'm so ahead of my time, my parents haven't met yet.
                                                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Crypto portfolio up 33% since I posted last night- I am a god Don’t worry when I make it I’ll set up a foundation to send 1 ipbers kid to uni my way of giving back Have fun staying poor
                                                                                            I doubt any bank gives a bollox about a few hundo coming from coinbase btw.

My AAVE holdings are ticking along nicely

Kinda insterested in this idea

It does seem absolutley primed for gaming the network though.
                                                                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post

Im not one for the pulling data to counteract debates but, 2018 says you are wrong. Unless the best doesnt mean first in Hitch land ?
                                                                                              So being third out of 28 countries for nurse ratios doesn't put us in the best category? It seems like very decent resourcing. Probably why we have some of the best health outcomes in Europe. You've been sold a pup ole and you are raising that bastard pup as if t'were the fruit of your own loin.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

I doubt any bank gives a bollox about a few hundo coming from coinbase btw.

My AAVE holdings are ticking along nicely

Kinda insterested in this idea

It does seem absolutley primed for gaming the network though.
                                                                                                How can you buy that?

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

Ah ok, fair enough, I missed that. That will tell you how little I've been on here as of late and how much I watch the news

Comment

Ah ok, fair enough, I missed that. That will tell you how little I've been on here as of late and how much I watch the news
                                                                                                    Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

How can you buy that?
                                                                                                      We make crypto mining accessible so anyone can participate in the blockchain revelation by hosting an Emrit CoolSpot.

Free one here (though 80% of mined coins go back to vendor)
                                                                                                      You can buy ones here
                                                                                                      helium.com

Comment

Its bruuuuuuutttaaaallllllll out

Comment

Three.ie let you use phone credit to pay for stuff on Google Play

With Google Play credits, not transferable to Google Pay by looks of it

Most apps of worth direct you to a website to pay for stuff

So pay with debit cards etc/ Even threes own website wont let you buy with the credit they say you can spend

Have some credit about to run out...

Anything worth buying in google store that can be paid for with Google Play credits?

Or am i just renting a bunch of movies?

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                                                            Three.ie let you use phone credit to pay for stuff on Google Play

With Google Play credits, not transferable to Google Pay by looks of it

Most apps of worth direct you to a website to pay for stuff

So pay with debit cards etc/ Even threes own website wont let you buy with the credit they say you can spend

Have some credit about to run out...

Anything worth buying in google store that can be paid for with Google Play credits?

Or am i just renting a bunch of movies?
                                                                                                            Can you use it to pay subscriptions in the Google Play store, say an Irish Time sub for example?

Comment

Can you use it to pay subscriptions in the Google Play store, say an Irish Time sub for example?
                                                                                                              Not the Irish Times afaik. You can pay for the London Times, New York Times, and Washington Post with 3 credit though.
                                                                                                              Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Its bruuuuuuutttaaaallllllll out
                                                                                                                Actually think it is quite nice out. Bit fresh alright but great for clearing out the cobwebs.
                                                                                                                No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

eamonhonda - I've been listening to the new(ish) Madlib single 'Road of the Lonely Ones' for the last week or so, really like it.

What you recommend to dive into his work - new album (not sure if out yet) or some old stuff?

Comment

You can pick a ton of random things that are worse for bitcoin for the environment. I'll randomly pick jewelry, just gold alone for jewelry is way worse for energy use and literally destroys the environment when getting it, let alone all the other bad uses of it, like sitting as a store of value. Won't anybody think of the whataboutism.
                                                                                                                    Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 12-02-21, 14:41.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                                                      You can pick a ton of random things that are worse for bitcoin for the environment. I'll randomly pick jewelry, just gold alone for jewelry is way worse for energy use and literally destroys the environment when getting it, let alone all the other bad uses of it, like sitting as a store of value. Won't anybody think of the whataboutism.
                                                                                                                      Yes but you get class shows like gold rush from that endeavour.
                                                                                                                      ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                                                                        eamonhonda - I've been listening to the new(ish) Madlib single 'Road of the Lonely Ones' for the last week or so, really like it.

What you recommend to dive into his work - new album (not sure if out yet) or some old stuff?
                                                                                                                        New album is great.

I really like his first couple of Beat Konducta albums

Collab with MF Doom Madvillainy is amazing

Did a couple of albums under the name Quasimoto which are worth checking out too

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                                                          What about when Bitcoin takes over the world as the store of currency and its 1m X bigger... gold there’s only a wee bit left

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X