Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In other news: was someone here defending Bitcoin’s energy consumption? Because it just surpassed the energy consumption of Argentina and should move past Norway shortly. Totally normal for a computer game to have the energy requirements of a reasonably populous country...
    You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
    World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Fk who wants to be a millionaire , look at what they did to poor Britney .

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
        In other news: was someone here defending Bitcoin’s energy consumption? Because it just surpassed the energy consumption of Argentina and should move past Norway shortly. Totally normal for a computer game to have the energy requirements of a reasonably populous country...
        Massive Argentina has more power needs than tiny Norway?
        "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

Massive Argentina has more power needs than tiny Norway?
          Other way round. Norway uses more power on average per year than Argentina.

My source: https://www.cbeci.org/cbeci/comparisons

They in turn base the energy consumption of individual countries on the International Energy Agency’s work.

You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
          World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Golden Balls has aged quite well, I’d love to see that brought back for a limited run.
            Ruthless, a little Game Theory, great show

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
              Golden Balls has aged quite well, I’d love to see that brought back for a limited run.
              https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7Fbkwr...ature=youtu.be
              i don't like it tbh, that whole game boils down to the last minute where you've got to convince the other person you're not a cunt, only to then be a cunt. grim stuff to be fair.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

i don't like it tbh, that whole game boils down to the last minute where you've got to convince the other person you're not a cunt, only to then be a cunt. grim stuff to be fair.
                I get that too but at least it was a little different.

McIntyre's The Wheel is awful, they seem to make up rules as they go along. Contestants freeze out one celeb expert per round with a catch.

The expert from the previous question is also frozen out if they get the question wrong irrespective of them not being landed on so the probability of even having the chance at answering the question goes from 85%(6/7 spots) to 71%(5/7 spots) through no fault of the contestant.

Comment

Hope more organisations follow the coast guards lead and ban their employees/volunteers from doing that Jerusalema challenge, it’s grim- shit tune,shit dancing -what’s the point?

Comment

Gotta love all the old boys trying to defend Peter o Mahoney being a scumbag at the weekend- imagine the wailing of an English or NZ did it against #TeamOfUs

Comment

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7Fbkwr...ature=youtu.be
                      Her expression at 6.14
                      It's like a repressed smile where she knows she has him

He should have done the "I am going to steal but I will split the money after" Think a guy did that and forced the other guy to split...but chose split himself also!

Comment

Comment

Love the bald guy trying to work out the logic

Comment

Its too mean to be a whole series, but there was some jaw-dropping moments in Golden Balls.

Comment

some of the show out there. jaysus. the fact that a basic quiz show format, in The Chase, is so massively popular, suggests a massive gap in the market.

Comment

some of the show out there. jaysus. the fact that a basic quiz show format, in The Chase, is so massively popular, suggests a massive gap in the market.
                                The thing I don't like about the chase is theres no suspense when he knocks out 2 people and theres a third of the show left. It can be good when its down to the wire.

Dont know how they restrain themselves from shouting at the dummy when they press buzzer for the nth time with another wrong answer!

Comment

I think the worst is Tipping Point.

There can't be much worse viewing on TV than people discussing strategy in the final round when clearly the only thing to do is let the Counter drop in the zone which the Jackpot Counter sits in.

Comment

Originally posted by dinekes View Post

The thing I don't like about the chase is theres no suspense when he knocks out 2 people and theres a third of the show left. It can be good when its down to the wire.

Dont know how they restrain themselves from shouting at the dummy when they press buzzer for the nth time with another wrong answer!
                                    Isnt it more about the banter with these shows . I watch it to see the interaction. Plus Bradley is good. He milked the fanny smeller episode one very well . Very funny too.

Tipping point reminds me of losing a quid worth is copper in Bray slots

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                      Hope more organisations follow the coast guards lead and ban their employees/volunteers from doing that Jerusalema challenge, it’s grim- shit tune,shit dancing -what’s the point?
                                      It was great to see parts of the country us Dubs haven't bought up yet. I might build a bungalow beside that Navigator statue in Kerry and stick the blue flag on it.

Comment

Gotta love all the old boys trying to defend Peter o Mahoney being a scumbag at the weekend- imagine the wailing of an English or NZ did it against #TeamOfUs
                                        Was more offended by shots of his big arse as he dived in. Us men are orrible creatures wtf do the wimmin be thinking

Comment

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by dinekes View Post

Beat the chasers sorted that problem out. Much better format than the chase and drama with almost every contestant due to the format of it.

Comment

Does anyone remember back when most of us would have been around the age of 10 there was this huge story about a Dublin chimney sweep coming up with a board game about chimney sweeping that was going to make him millions and how we could all get ourselves out of our miserable lives my inventing board games?

Comment

Does anyone remember back when most of us would have been around the age of 10 there was this huge story about a Dublin chimney sweep coming up with a board game about chimney sweeping that was going to make him millions and how we could all get ourselves out of our miserable lives my inventing board games?
                                                Dont recall that.

Mind you if there was ever a time for board games this is it.
                                                Online sales must be through the roof.

I did invent one for a primary school competition.
                                                Was to do with promoting dental health IIRC. Think it was a variety thing where you came up with whatever took your fancy.
                                                "Gums" I imaginatively named it after much deliberation!
                                                It didnt win but we had a bit of crack playing it in the class.

Comment

Et2xKymXEAEm5uS?format=jpg&name=small.jpg
                                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

Isnt it more about the banter with these shows . I watch it to see the interaction. Plus Bradley is good. He milked the fanny smeller episode one very well . Very funny too.

Tipping point reminds me of losing a quid worth is copper in Bray slots
                                                    Ah yeah I know but it's a bit of a downer when theres 2 with like 4k between them and zero chance.

There was one lad who got 1k in.the cash builder, took a minus offer and scraped through by the skin of his bollox.
                                                    The team got off to a great start with rapid fire answers from their best player, flying along. Him obviously getting frustrated at not getting an answer in leaps on the buzzer, wrong answer.
                                                    The main guys flow is interrupted now but gets back on track.
                                                    Again yer man jumps on the buzzer goes blank for about 5 seconds then says pass with a shake of the head! Table captain fit to be tied. Think he got 4 wrong answers in total and no money.

Comment

Anyone bored enough to fill out a 20 second form for my cousins wife's nephew who I'm sure is sound.

Ta ta

Comment

I was friendly with a guy in NZ who invented a board game, vaguely remember mentioning it before but anyway.

It was called "Drill It", the idea being that you had a world map which based on dice & questions you answered you could drill for oil.

He made it from timber where the pieces would slide more freely under the countries which have oil in the real world but say Ireland would have a much lower but non-zero chance of an oil piece being under it.

It would never sell now but I feel it could have done really well in Texas during the administration of the right Republican President.

Comment

Originally posted by CHDad View Post
                                                          Anyone bored enough to fill out a 20 second form for my cousins wife's nephew who I'm sure is sound.

Ta ta
                                                          Done, that is really short lol, like 5 or 6 questions

Comment

Fairly sure AJ's new game involves winning by any means necessary.

"Hello and welcome to tonight's edition of 'CHEATING F@CK'. The game show where you can cheat like a bastard. Anything goes, just be sure to cheat better than your opponent. We have a new challenger tonight to our 43 week reigning champion John Joe McDonagh."

Comment

It definitely is something akin to know your sports. (rules) Well you’ve landed on Pole Vaulting. Your question to proceed to Olympic Qualifying section is. How many jumps are you allowed etc etc. Winner get’s the AJ Sports Rules Nerd gold Madellion, the loser gets (well only AJ know these rules)

Comment

Hey everyone! hope you are all good

Looking for a bit of advice on Irish Passorts.
                                                                The youngest's passport was up in October, so I applied online and paid, all was grand. I just had to fill the ID form in and get it to them. I did that and it was sent by courier from the Irish Embassy to the passport office.
                                                                I did receive an email in Sept that they didn't have the supporting documentation, I contacted them and they said it did arrive on the 17th of September, they just hadn't updated the system. All good. They said it would be sent to my home address in Malta.

Today I received an email to say the application has been cancelled as it has expired. Now I know the passport office are not all in the office, but I am now without a passport for Aimee. I am reluctant to go through it all again, but don't want to not have her passport in case things change with travel as we will want to see our families all going well later in the year.

Anyone have any contacts or able to help me in any way?

Thanks

Comment

Can ya still block/hide cunts around here? Cant see how to do it?
                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

Another casual 50% day for BANT

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post

Bottom of that page is the ignore list you can type in the lucky punter's name.

Comment

Wait, whats all this about RDIII absconding. He better be back soon to start pimping a big prizepool for my annual assault to nick on the line in the lucky last on Cheltenham Friday. I will be forced to cross the liffey to find him by the end of this month, lockdown or not.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                          Fairly sure AJ's new game involves winning by any means necessary.

"Hello and welcome to tonight's edition of 'CHEATING F@CK'. The game show where you can cheat like a bastard. Anything goes, just be sure to cheat better than your opponent. We have a new challenger tonight to our 43 week reigning champion John Joe McDonagh."
                                                                          That's Numberwang

Comment

I'm tired of this big electric computer game known as bitcoin, I've moved my 25k into bant.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                              don’t forget to put up a drama queen post about how you are putting X poster on ignore with the reasons

if you don’t want to do that please PM me if it’s me you are putting on ignore so I can carve another notch on my belt

Comment

don’t forget to put up a drama queen post about how you are putting X poster on ignore with the reasons

if you don’t want to do that please PM me if it’s me you are putting on ignore so I can carve another notch on my belt
                                                                                Please dont encourage him to name the cunt . My fragile ego will collapse . We are not all as impenetrable as PSV..

Comment

Your brand of cynicism and commentary makes me smile daily mate, I would never do such a thing.
                                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

Putting a lot of effort into this Irish stew. Maybe too much effort. Chopped up a whole leg of lamb.

Comment

Putting a lot of effort into this Irish stew. Maybe too much effort. Chopped up a whole leg of lamb.
                                                                                      hope you have Pearl Barley in there

Comment

Fierce waste of a leg, nice leanish gigot chops are a better choice.
                                                                                        Should be as close to effortless as great cooking comes.

Potatoes, carrots, onions cut in big lumps, lamb as full chops, stock to cover ,enough barley, loads of parsley and thyme, salt and pepper slow cook for a long as you can.

Comment

I think the worst is Tipping Point.

There can't be much worse viewing on TV than people discussing strategy in the final round when clearly the only thing to do is let the Counter drop in the zone which the Jackpot Counter sits in.
                                                                                          Tipping Point is pretty dumb but an easy enough watch at the same time.

Some absolute morons on it though who in the final round go for 1 or 2 counters per question rather than all 3 if they are not sure about the category.

Comment

They're talking about the middle of June to have over 70s vaccinated now. Fucking hell.

Comment

Watching a bit of the Impeachment trial on CNN. Quite amazing that he wont be convicted (well, very unlikely to be anyway). It

a) calls into question the point of Impeachment if someone can't be convicted for this level of crime.
                                                                                              b) how or why the majority of the Republican senators are standing by Trump

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                                They're talking about the middle of June to have over 70s vaccinated now. Fucking hell.
                                                                                                I'd like hitch to revisit his "international holiday % chance by month" tweet!
                                                                                                ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post

My aspirational March ski trip is starting to look like it might not happen

Comment

My aspirational March ski trip is starting to look like it might not happen
                                                                                                    Sure it'll probably be white enough in Kerry tomorrow for you to pretend?
                                                                                                    ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Sure it'll probably be white enough in Kerry tomorrow for you to pretend?
                                                                                                      No snow here yet, not even on the mountains. I wonder how everywhere else is looking. Are you in Waterford is it?

Comment

The smart money, like my bro this morning, is booking weeks in the canaries for the October school break.

The dumb money, like my August holiday, is ripping up its betting slips.

Comment

The smart money, like my bro this morning, is booking weeks in the canaries for the October school break.

I reckon there will be 100% open travel within the EU by June. Doubt the Aussies will let us in, and we probably will not allow in people from the US.
                                                                                                          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

No snow here yet, not even on the mountains. I wonder how everywhere else is looking. Are you in Waterford is it?
                                                                                                            Ah right, a friend of mine was up Baurtregaum and it was fairly white!

Light dusting is all we have here, colleagues in Wexford got a bit more I think.

Must stop getting carried away with the Boards weather thread.
                                                                                                            ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Degag View Post
                                                                                                              Watching a bit of the Impeachment trial on CNN. Quite amazing that he wont be convicted (well, very unlikely to be anyway). It

a) calls into question the point of Impeachment if someone can't be convicted for this level of crime.
                                                                                                              b) how or why the majority of the Republican senators are standing by Trump

Comment

I’ve only booked a few bits in Ireland, we have a few 1-2 night breaks in booked between now and the summer.

Theyre alongside a few weddings where attendance will depend on numbers, I’m in the 25, 50 and 100s.

I don’t envy anyone the sweat of a wedding now, thankfully we got it out of way, we got in the final day of Level 2 back in October.

Also a golf trip planned for end of March so we’ll see how that plays out.

I’ll be offered a work trip to the US before the end of the year but I’m sure there will be some dependency on being vaccinated.

Comment

Where are you hearing that?

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

Where are you hearing that?
                                                                                                                    Fergal Bowers had it on twitter.

Comment

Ah right, a friend of mine was up Baurtregaum and it was fairly white!

Light dusting is all we have here, colleagues in Wexford got a bit more I think.

Must stop getting carried away with the Boards weather thread.
                                                                                                                      I've been lustily staring at that for six months wondering how easy it is to get up. I'm sure it's doable but I suppose I should wait for more clement conditions having no experience. Would your friend be a fairly seasoned hill walker?

Comment

I don’t envy anyone the sweat of a wedding now,

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

Fierce waste of a leg, nice leanish gigot chops are a better choice.
                                                                                                                          Should be as close to effortless as great cooking comes.

Potatoes, carrots, onions cut in big lumps, lamb as full chops, stock to cover ,enough barley, loads of parsley and thyme, salt and pepper slow cook for a long as you can.
                                                                                                                          Did this again in the instant pot the other day. Was just marveling at how tasty lamb is.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X