This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oleras View Post

Got one of these during the summer, the ooni branded stuff is too expensive.

https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    LOL, good man Ooni.
    This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post

You somehow imagine that the matter isn't settled for the time being? Just because you don't have access to the analysis as a supporter doesn't mean that that it doesn't exist. Although to be sure it won't be as simplistic as "playing out led to a goal". On what basis are you making the statement that it hasn't been properly analysed?
      Maybe it does exist but I'd sure as hell like to see it.

Something like this maybe but really goalkeeper focused? Interesting conclusion BTW.
      What’s so great about playing out of the back anyway? I have heard coaches give the standard answers, and I get the advantages of the times you do successfully “get out,” but how well does this work in MLS where the current narrative is the attacking is better than the defending? When players severa

With the likes of Pep, it strikes me as an inherited, then extended, philosophy, that predated contemporary analytics. He has the best players in the world to mask the strategic flaw. Other coaches see his teams winning and try to emulate, further spreading the rot.

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Good week for Bant

Comment

Hon Bant!!!
          This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
          All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

The improvement in United has been nuts.
            That team is maturing.

Some of the defensive woes are fundamental though, with BissNasty and Shaw as full backs you are going to put your CB under pressure but by hamstringing the two full backs you make them highly average and without them doing their thing United aren’t nearly as good.
            All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
            The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

It's like watching an aggressive winning player bluff a lot and, when they get called and lose, start to question whether they should be bluffing at all.

Comment

Originally posted by cardshark202 View Post
                It's like watching an aggressive winning player bluff a lot and, when they get called and lose, start to question whether they should be bluffing at all.
                Not sure if that's in relation to Soccer, Crypto or the hand forged axe for €300 it kinda works for all of them
                Last edited by Strewelpeter; 08-02-21, 21:22.
                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

Not sure if that's in relation to Soccer, Crypto or the hand forged axe for €300 it kinda works for all of them
                  Yeah football

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                    elons magic touch and bitcoin approaching 45k
                    Tis no bant but 47k now. 50k and crash to 20?

Comment

This is crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post

This is crazy.
                        Does everything right but fails to close it out. Is he the latest version of Sergio / Harrington and will eventually figure out how to get it over the line?

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post

Does everything right but fails to close it out. Is he the latest version of Sergio / Harrington and will eventually figure out how to get it over the line?
                          Him and Finau should go for a pint

Comment

X and Finau will win this year Tony deserves it Despite Rorys success he has similar issues. I really think he needs a strong caddy . He is too stubborn to do it though.

Comment

Hey Hitchhiker's Guide To... - did you follow up on those customs charges with Moss Bros after?

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                Hey Hitchhiker's Guide To... - did you follow up on those customs charges with Moss Bros after?
                                they said they were going to refund, then they didn't. their customer service is a nightmare tbh. they don't seem to be able to answer emails.
                                "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Mentioned a week ago or so about getting one of these (the walking pad not the asian chick). They're very decent. The wife is using it as a kinda walking desk - working away on the laptop while walking on it.

ZGE1Q7s.jpg
                                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                    Mentioned a week ago or so about getting one of these (the walking pad not the asian chick). They're very decent. The wife is using it as a kinda walking desk - working away on the laptop while walking on it.

ZGE1Q7s.jpg
                                    What model is that? Is the walking pad long enough for someone tall. I'd be worried about an overly long stride based on some of the pics.
                                    Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

It was this model (and bought from that link, gets sent from Poland in about a week). Stride is definitely long enough, speed is perfect for walking (up to 6kmh), but I think there is a weight restriction of 90kg - if thats an issue. They also have a Westernised version going up to 110kg which is probably more expensive. But definitely can't see a problem with the stride. Its a very sturdy piece of kit too, can't see anything going wrong with it.

Comment

they said they were going to refund, then they didn't. their customer service is a nightmare tbh. they don't seem to be able to answer emails.
                                        I ordered a waistcoat for €49 from the IE site last week that DPD have just charged me €39 for in VAT & customs. That can't be right can it?

Comment

I ordered a waistcoat for €49 from the IE site last week that DPD have just charged me €39 for in VAT & customs. That can't be right can it?
                                          DPD seem to be the weak link in all this stuff. It'll be refunded by Moss Brothers, I guess, same as me. But they still haven't refunded what they said they were going to refund.

Comment

Think part of the problem with DPD is that they charge their own fee to process the tax. If you're getting something through anpost you pay them direct but DPD pay it on your behalf and then charge your an absurd amount for the privilege

Comment

DPD seem to be the weak link in all this stuff. It'll be refunded by Moss Brothers, I guess, same as me. But they still haven't refunded what they said they were going to refund.
                                              I'm actually in deep confusion now. I also ordered a jacket (from the UK) site back in early Jan for ~€183. I was later texted for customs and vat by DPD. I still have the texts/emails asking for payment and telling me I paid, but I can't find any record of having paid in any of my bank accounts or my fairly detailed (and bulletproof) budget software. DPD never sent me a receipt with the amount I paid or anything. If I click through the link in the old email it just says that I paid. Is it possible the payment was reversed later so it doesn't show up in my bank statement or something? Very weird.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                                                Think part of the problem with DPD is that they charge their own fee to process the tax. If you're getting something through anpost you pay them direct but DPD pay it on your behalf and then charge your an absurd amount for the privilege
                                                In this case I can remember it said that €5 of the fee was a DPD charge. Still leaving €34 in vat/customs for a €49 purchase

Comment

In this case I can remember it said that €5 of the fee was a DPD charge. Still leaving €34 in vat/customs for a €49 purchase
                                                  Did it have a higher insurance cost than the retail price? That I believe is included in their calculation alongside the item itself, postage & fee?

Honestly worth switching to AddressPal unless you're buying from someone like Amazon.

I use it when I'm bringing in stuff from the US and I've never had an issue where I felt the duty/customs was over estimated.

Also I found this thread helpful though I'm sure you're a customs expert now in your effort for justice: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/show...p?t=2055862554
                                                  Last edited by Guest; 09-02-21, 12:54.

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post

Did it have a higher insurance cost than the retail price? That I believe is included in their calculation alongside the item itself, postage & fee?

Honestly worth switching to AddressPal unless you're buying from someone like Amazon.

I use it when I'm bringing in stuff from the US and I've never had an issue where I felt the duty/customs was over estimated.

Also I found this thread helpful though I'm sure you're a customs expert now in your effort for justice: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/show...p?t=2055862554
                                                    Yeah I just got caught in this case making the rube assumption that the IE shop would be shipping locally. They have physical shops in Ireland like, I think

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                      X and Finau will win this year Tony deserves it Despite Rorys success he has similar issues. I really think he needs a strong caddy . He is too stubborn to do it though.
                                                      Rory's case is just odd for me. I mean he has all the support available that any professional athlete could ever ask for - hardware, psychologists, coaching, personal trainers etc. It's not equipment, physique, lack of graft or raw talent.

Is it the grey stuff between the ears or an attitude approach that's the issue? Is it a case that he needs a really strong personality in his corner to advise, criticize, massage his ego or otherwise guide him round the course? I couldn't begin to understand it. His caddy now was a top amateur so I doubt he's a mug by any means. Maybe an experienced head carrying the bag could be the missing link. Though Rory rates his current caddy incredibly highly so maybe that makes no difference then.

He absolutely shoots the lights out lately when the pressure is off and this is allowing him to keeping making plenty of top 5/10 finishes. Based on his age I would have thought he'd be more consistent and measured in his approach while producing some wins albeit less spectacularly than in the past.

All that said, there are so many high quality players under 30 on tour and it's super competitive.
                                                      Last edited by coillcam; 09-02-21, 13:23.

Comment

So I have an idea for a TV Quiz.

I've been writing it in my head for months and have now completed a rough typed outline. And over next weekend I plan to put a proper document together.
                                                        (Ultimately I accept that there are 100 sprogs coming out of college every year with TV/Media Studios degrees who will all likely have great programme ideas that will never see the light of day, so it's incredibly unlikely it'll get anywhere.
                                                        But I like it, and nothing ventured, nothing gained).

I plan to keep it relatively short and simple (three A4 pages), but with enough gameplay detail to explain how to fit it into 42 minutes of tv time which seems to be the sweet spot.
                                                        I'd be pitching it as a cheap production - no pyrotechnics, special effects, costly guests or big prize funds.

So assuming I do write it, what's my next play?
                                                        I see it as a decent fit for TV3/VM daytime on one of their little watched stations down the EPG.
                                                        If I send it straight to TV3 unsolicited, does it go straight in the bin?
                                                        Or maybe send it to production companies and risk the same thing. I'm a nobody, no background in the industry, minimal contacts.

Is it impolite to send out a document to 50 TV stations and production companies at once, or do them one at a time and give them a month to respond?
                                                        Should I try hunt real email addresses rather than generic 'contact us' addresses. I assume print and post for the initial contact, then follow-up emails.
                                                        Anyone been down this kind of path before?

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post

I've been writing it in my head for months and have now completed a rough typed outline. And over next weekend I plan to put a proper document together.
                                                          (Ultimately I accept that there are 100 sprogs coming out of college every year with TV/Media Studios degrees who will all likely have great programme ideas that will never see the light of day, so it's incredibly unlikely it'll get anywhere.
                                                          But I like it, and nothing ventured, nothing gained).

I plan to keep it relatively short and simple (three A4 pages), but with enough gameplay detail to explain how to fit it into 42 minutes of tv time which seems to be the sweet spot.
                                                          I'd be pitching it as a cheap production - no pyrotechnics, special effects, costly guests or big prize funds.

So assuming I do write it, what's my next play?
                                                          I see it as a decent fit for TV3/VM daytime on one of their little watched stations down the EPG.
                                                          If I send it straight to TV3 unsolicited, does it go straight in the bin?
                                                          Or maybe send it to production companies and risk the same thing. I'm a nobody, no background in the industry, minimal contacts.

Is it impolite to send out a document to 50 TV stations and production companies at once, or do them one at a time and give them a month to respond?
                                                          Should I try hunt real email addresses rather than generic 'contact us' addresses. I assume print and post for the initial contact, then follow-up emails.
                                                          Anyone been down this kind of path before?
                                                          TV quizzes are shite since Jim Bowen died

Comment

The wife is using it as a kinda walking desk - working away on the laptop while walking on it.
                                                            What? is your wife super human?

if I even tried to do that, there would be carnage in seconds, to the latop, to the walking machine and in particular to me!

Comment

Linkedin is a great way of finding email addresses of individuals within an org.

Reach out on twitter maybe?
                                                              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post

if I even tried to do that, there would be carnage in seconds, to the latop, to the walking machine and in particular to me!
                                                                Hitch household like

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                                                                  Disbursements!

If I am outlaying VAT & Duty, I'm adding a mark up to do so - Normally it's a percentage of the outlay with a min/max thrown in. There is a cost associated around operating a TAN A/c with customs and a lot of exposure if things aren't done correctly.

Comment

Thats cool AJ. I'd imagine you should be approaching production companies not TV stations. But I think thats implied in what you are saying. They then will, if they like the idea, pitch it to a TV station. Starting in Ireland makes sense imo as there's quite a lot of funding for Irish made programmes and not many Irish made programmes. I'd concentrate on a few of these studios initially and send the contact to a specific person.

Comment

No advice worth listening to but GL

A general e mail shot risks someone modifying it and using it later, its an ideas game and the format is where the value is.

There seems to me to be a huge gap in the home market for these type of shows, I guess its difficult because they are easily filled by UK content and our pool of contestants and funding is probably too small. When one does get traction here they tend to do very well and its been a long time since that happened. Some really shite formats getting trialled on BBC and ITV these days so there has to be a chance because I'm sure whatever you have in mind is better than that 'Lightning' crap BBC are running this week.
                                                                      My guess is that the further along the road your project is the easier it will be to have it considered. Is there any chance of doing a demo yourself?

Comment

Is the old trick of sending yourself a registered letter with a copy of the idea something that works in terms of protecting / registering the idea?

Comment

DPD charge a fiver for themselves, I got charged 22.50 for something that was listed as a replacement with no invoice value, I tried but couldn't figure out how they calculated it. paid and got a refud no problem but obv thats down to the type of CS you are dealing with

Comment

I picture AJ as the Who Wants to be a Millionaire creator off the series "The Quiz" when someone figures out how to game the system.

The series isn't particularly good but some of the pieces about the syndicate were interesting.

Comment

Yeah I didn't know anything about the syndicate stuff. Probably worth AJs time to watch the first 20 mins anyway

Comment

BANT > BTC. Up another 50% today.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post

well she's not doing it anymore, so maybe I just caught her in a fit of enthusiasm now faded.

Comment

Watching Hands on a Hardbody tonight. Heard tell its epically good, way better than its rating suggests.

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
                                                                                      I picture AJ as the Who Wants to be a Millionaire creator off the series "The Quiz" when someone figures out how to game the system.

The series isn't particularly good but some of the pieces about the syndicate were interesting.
                                                                                      I still find it strange that Ingram was convicted of a criminal offence.
                                                                                      Like some quizzes (even on the same TV station) actively encourage the audience to shout out answers and give help to the contestants.
                                                                                      Others like WWTBAM don't allow it, which is perfectly within their right to do.
                                                                                      But to be able to call in the law because someone has broken the rules of a light entertainment show?
                                                                                      I always just assumed that the CPS would reject it, and then that the jury would laugh it out of court. But I was completely wrong.

Comment

Like some quizzes (even on the same TV station) actively encourage the audience to shout out answers and give help to the contestants.
                                                                                        But to be able to call in the law because someone has broken the rules of a light entertainment show?
                                                                                        I always just assumed that the CPS would reject it, and then that the jury would laugh it out of court. But I was completely wrong.
                                                                                        Perhaps given how high profile it was and the rights in the US, they wanted to set some type of precedent. They must have made an incredible amount from the show.

I totally agree though, we watched the final episode last night and we found it hard to see a scenario based on what you saw in the show that they could reach a criminal conviction.

Comment

It was a bit malicious considering how much more he had to lose than the average punter being an army officer, my guess is that it was the brother in law with the pagers that really pissed them off, still they could have just moved quietly to tighten up security. At the time anyone winning a million was just free advertising for them and they were creaming so much money from the phone lines it was ridiculous. Maybe they saw creating a fuss as extra free publicity. It wasn't going to put many people off trying to gain an edge only likely to make them much smarter about it.

I was a phone a friend a couple of times when Gay Byrne was doing it, never got called unfortunately but I was set up to answer the phone on a headset in front of google on the fastest connection I could find, if it had worked I wouldn't have had a second thought about it. When the Brother got picked to go on we thought about having me going on instead of him but decided we wouldn't get away with it.

Comment

That's mad. I always figured the phone a friend was in studio.

Comment

It was a bit malicious considering how much more he had to lose than the average punter being an army officer, my guess is that it was the brother in law with the pagers that really pissed them off, still they could have just moved quietly to tighten up security. At the time anyone winning a million was just free advertising for them and they were creaming so much money from the phone lines it was ridiculous. Maybe they saw creating a fuss as extra free publicity. It wasn't going to put many people off trying to gain an edge only likely to make them much smarter about it.

I was a phone a friend a couple of times when Gay Byrne was doing it, never got called unfortunately but I was set up to answer the phone on a headset in front of google on the fastest connection I could find, if it had worked I wouldn't have had a second thought about it. When the Brother got picked to go on we thought about having me going on instead of him but decided we wouldn't get away with it.
                                                                                              He had some other insurance fraud related issues which he was convicted of later that year, perhaps they simply wanted to nail him.

I'd have you on the line too SP, along with RD3 for John LeCarre novels, Benny for music, Lao for food & drink & Hitch for social media influencers

Comment

Did you offer to go on instead due to having experienced all of human history firsthand?
                                                                                                ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Oh look at AJ, not in the industry a wet day and already banting around terms like WWTBAM with not an ounce of hesitation. They won't know what's coming.

Comment

AJ, Kite are the main production company that Virgin deal with and as GAB says, Coco are mainly RTE. Missus says they dont make game shows but if you wanted to get an idea in you could email commissioning@virginmedia.ie which is just a generic email address that may or may not be seen.

Whatever you do, have your idea protected in case it takes off and probably better to pitch it in person.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak

1. Protect yourself and your idea.
                                                                                                      2. Proper pitch needs to be completed
                                                                                                      3. Find a partner production company
                                                                                                      4. Make a pilot
                                                                                                      5. Take to TV station.

Most TV is outsourced so the production decision in RTE is whether or not to buy the program, not whether or not to make it. Look at CoCo productions as an example of how the fit into the wider puzzle of TV show production.
                                                                                                      This. All of this. And nothing outside of this.

No TV station will touch you or your idea (no offence AJ) - They will only deal with a production company who they know can deliver so that is the route to take but as GAB says, you need to protect yourself and your idea and your presentation to the production company needs to be pitch perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

**/Minor Update/**

Holding pattern with deadline of Tuesday lunchtime will see if solicitor advises us executing 28-day notice to sellers with penalties or advises us to return cheque to bank and claw back any expenses from other parties.
                                                                                                        Option of caretaker role (rent free in new house until sorted) was mooted as potential resolution but legal implications regardign renovations and set dealines will need to be
                                                                                                        given by all parties.
                                                                                                        The people *really* fucked are the current occupiers of the house next door. Their mortgage, house insurance, MP, etc are all linked to the house we purchased so that will need to adjusted before we can proceed.
                                                                                                        Their bank could make things really difficult.

C'est la vie
                                                                                                        **Further update.**
                                                                                                        It's a bit of a mess. We are gonna proceed with the caretaker option, money will stay in escrow with our solicitors (which is nice for them !) and we have the place "rent free", we should get keys next week or so.
                                                                                                        Mortgage will draw down as normal.
                                                                                                        I need to start refurbs as soon as we get keys so I've negotiated another month with our landlord. So here until end of march which hopefully gives us time to get everything into the house and sorted.
                                                                                                        I've asked for written confirmation about permissions to make changes and insurance liability in the event we are caretakers of property.
                                                                                                        I think we'll be out of pocket the months rent as the costs involved of suing the other solicitors for < 2k seem cost prohibitive.
                                                                                                        Hopefully we can sort something, just takes the gleam off the whole thing. If I wasn't under pressure, I think I'd bin it all off.
                                                                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

In other news:

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                                                                                            If i had an Ooni / Roccbox / Gozney it wouldn't be too long before i gave this a spin. Absolutely delicious.

Went for it today, great recipe was a lot simpler to do than I expected. Didn't have the Turkish chilli paste so I used fresh chillies instead and the lamb was home reared Wicklow it was fatty enough not to need extra suet.
                                                                                                            Made for a very tasty Tuesday treat, lifted the mood nicely.

xz3MtoT.jpg

WXCmP3h.jpg

Zq1HUlT.jpg

5WYsIxe.jpg

4Jb9huT.jpg

ZRcrWWb.jpg

Comment

Oh look at that crust. Salivating

Comment

https://twitter.com/weetabix/status/...789165059?s=01 -> comments from all the companies are excellent

Comment

Went for it today, great recipe was a lot simpler to do than I expected. Didn't have the Turkish chilli paste so I used fresh chillies instead and the lamb was home reared Wicklow it was fatty enough not to need extra suet.
                                                                                                                  Made for a very tasty Tuesday treat, lifted the mood nicely.

xz3MtoT.jpg

WXCmP3h.jpg

Zq1HUlT.jpg

5WYsIxe.jpg

4Jb9huT.jpg

ZRcrWWb.jpg
                                                                                                                  That looks amazing. A small variant is once cooked, spread some houmous, a splash of lemon and some fresh coriander, makes an amazing wrap!

Comment

I think it ultimately came down to the fact that a company was down 1 million due to deception. The fact it was a TV show was irrelevant.

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                                    That's mad. I always figured the phone a friend was in studio.
                                                                                                                    From memory, the 15 contestants wait had their friends at home waiting. But if they made it to the end of the show with that lifeline intact, they brought the friends into the studio as obviously the temptation and risk is much greater.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                                                      I think it ultimately came down to the fact that a company was down 1 million due to deception. The fact it was a TV show was irrelevant.
                                                                                                                      My comparisons here are trite admittedly but on The Generation Game the audience shouts out 'fridge-freezer', 'television', 'cuddly toy' and the contestant is often seen turning to that audience and taking their advice. And the BBC is down the cost of a fridge-freezer. No-one ever gets prosecuted or gets questioned by plod, so there seems to be have been an acceptance that audience help on UK TV is acceptable. Ditto a bundle of other shows as precedent - whether it's clever suggestions that you should go low on a King on Play Your Cards Right, or being told to take the gamble on (Solks beloved) Bullseye.
                                                                                                                      That would have been a large part of my case if I'd been his kayroo, that even if he'd done it (which obviously we aren't admitting to) that there is nothing inherently illegal about it.

When I first read about it I thought it was something that would go to a civil court with him chasing them for the money. But as said I was obviously wrong and it went to criminal court.
                                                                                                                      Would actually be interested in kayroo's take on whether it could have been better defended, if he somehow happens to log-in on this page.

Comment

My comparisons here are trite admittedly but on The Generation Game the audience shouts out 'fridge-freezer', 'television', 'cuddly toy' and the contestant is often seen turning to that audience and taking their advice. And the BBC is down the cost of a fridge-freezer. No-one ever gets prosecuted or gets questioned by plod, so there seems to be have been an acceptance that audience help on UK TV is acceptable. Ditto a bundle of other shows as precedent - whether it's clever suggestions that you should go low on a King on Play Your Cards Right, or being told to take the gamble on (Solks beloved) Bullseye.
                                                                                                                        That would have been a large part of my case if I'd been his kayroo, that even if he'd done it (which obviously we aren't admitting to) that there is nothing inherently illegal about it.

When I first read about it I thought it was something that would go to a civil court with him chasing them for the money. But as said I was obviously wrong and it went to criminal court.
                                                                                                                        Would actually be interested in kayroo's take on whether it could have been better defended, if he somehow happens to log-in on this page.
                                                                                                                        I don't think that's a bad angle for them to have gone down but I still think they would have lost.

On generation game, and others, that was the status quo of those shows. The host often actively encourage a bit of "help 'em out". On WWTBAM () the status quo was established as being entirely different. Tarrant would ask for silence, the audience where not involved outside the the lifelines. The format was established and known.
                                                                                                                        Importantly, they help didn't come from random strangers, it came from associates, and it wasn't in the form of open shouting out of answers, it was covert. I think that's the really damning part to the argument above. They were fully trying to disguise the help as coughing, by concealing it they acknowledge that they didn't want the production to be aware of the help. Which negates any sort of claim that they were operating on the principle of game show norms in the UK.

I think civil action does seem like something they could have went down. But I'd imagine they would want to keep that as a back-up in case the criminal route didn't work. I imagine there was sort of terms and conditions signed by contestants prior to the show.
                                                                                                                        The production team offered the chance to win a million, and he deliberately entered the arrangement in bad faith. The fact it was deliberate deception, rather than reckless behaviour means he hasn't much of a leg to stand on imo. Basically they obtained a million pound cheque through deception, that is a subset of theft from a legal standpoint, which is makes it's a criminal matter.

Comment

There’s no element of deceit or concealment in the Generation Game examples, or others.

Let me put it this way - if the assistance in Millionaire had just been shouted out audibly so that everyone could hear it then the deception doesn’t arise but, without question, they would not have allowed the answer. The contestant knew that. Using deception to gain an advantage or for the purpose of getting money from someone is an offence.

Basically - the generation game comparison doesn’t hold up at all. You can’t successfully argue that an accepted convention on one show renders intentional cheating on another as somehow acceptable.
                                                                                                                          You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                                                          World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X