Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watched Glengarry Glenross again. So good. Made me miss watching plays. Is there any good online sources? I'm still working my way through the Hollow Crown. And there's this godot on youtube. Is there anything worth watching for Tom Stoppard (Arcadia/R&G)?

Comment

That's the third separate time I've heard Beckett referenced in the last 12 hours.
      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
        That's the third separate time I've heard Beckett referenced in the last 12 hours.
        Yeah, I guess he is the man for these absurd times. Snowmageddon in the East yet?
        Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post

Yeah, I guess he is the man for these absurd times. Snowmageddon in the East yet?
          No, not yet. Plenty nippy out though.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
              Watched Glengarry Glenross again. So good. Made me miss watching plays.
              I've never seen it on stage.
              Often wondered if staged productions of it now include the Alec Baldwin 'abc always be closing' character/lines which wasn't in the original play but was one of the most iconic parts of the film?

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post

I've never seen it on stage.
                Often wondered if staged productions of it now include the Alec Baldwin 'abc always be closing' character/lines which wasn't in the original play but was one of the most iconic parts of the film?
                No, at least not the last one I saw, but that wouldn't be on imo including it.

Denny, Druid are live streaming Soyna Kelly's new play next week for a few days:
                Druid is delighted to announce the live stream of Once Upon a Bridge, a new play by Sonya Kelly. The production will be directed by Sara Joyce and will premiere at The Mick Lally Theatre in February for four performances. Audiences across Ireland and beyond can watch this new play from their own home.

Comment

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

FFS
                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Lol at TV3/Virgin pretending their broadcast is in HD.

Comment

I backed Wales +5.5 pre match. Come on you boys in Red!

Comment

it’s the hope that kills you.
                          ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Some weak shit there

Comment

wow...wtaf
                              This too shall pass.

Comment

FFS You had one simple job... how dire is that?

Comment

hqdefault.jpg

He did what he could

Comment

Great performance. Very Irish way to lose

Comment

Trust the Englishman to fuck it up for ya!

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                        Great performance. Very Irish way to lose
                                        Ken Doherty also lost in a very Irish eay earlier in the snooker shootout. The commentators were purring about his tactical noose. Had it locked up before he then played a safety back to baulk but went in off the yellow. Ball in hand, frame over.

Comment

...One final bump to try get this competition for the Superbowl tonight... It's good fun, and a sweat for all quarters if staying up to watch it... €20, honor system so can sort money tomorrow... Will give it until 21:30 for entries!...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTERXhW5vNO1zGZvpMl7hlGPKKgFCgx5UaqklRwc5VsRZmnw4y03wed5_DncEYsao-dY5WU_Rq2t_t5/pubhtml ...It's SUPERBOWL time!... Going to run a sweepstakes of sorts... Attached spreadsheet is numbered 0-9 up and down.. (100 boxes total) How it works. 1. Pay the man the money. Well it will

Comment

Dogecoint have been mentioned again by Elon Musk and have an advert at half time in the SuperBowl.

I've bought $200 worth just for the quick spin
                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Hard to believe it’s been 5 years
                                              You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                                              This gallery has 1 photos.
                                              His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Both defenses watching this last night!?

Comment

Keep the peace running in a chase today in fairyhouse 12.50
                                                  not meant to have much of a chance
                                                  gone from 66/1 to 40/1
                                                  cromwell thinks Breaside is a good thing was meant to run in leop Sunday but pulled out for easier race

Comment

Brady to Gronk is just cheat mode.

Comment

Chiefs were a shambles in that half.

Comment

Chiefs were a shambles in that half.
                                                        I'm obviously cheering for Brady but I think Mahomes is too good to be done in this game. I'd expect a comeback and for it to finish quite close.

Comment

Chiefs receivers prob got the vaccine, cos they couldn't even catch a cold at this stage.

It's maddening that in the most important game of the season you still have lads giving penalties away for taunting.
                                                          ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post

I'm obviously cheering for Brady but I think Mahomes is too good to be done in this game. I'd expect a comeback and for it to finish quite close.
                                                            Very happy to be wrong about it being close. GOAT

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                                                              Chiefs receivers prob got the vaccine, cos they couldn't even catch a cold at this stage.

It's maddening that in the most important game of the season you still have lads giving penalties away for taunting.
                                                              Ah, the game was effectively over when he did that. Not excusing it but it's in the heat of the moment and he knows the penalty wont affect the outcome.

Comment

Ah was that the only penalty for taunting
                                                                ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

You'd wonder how much the toe injury affected Patrick, but I think it mostly comes down to whether the Buccs defence were amazing or the chiefs WRs having a nightmare.

Was listening to the Seconds Captains lads talking about how Brady at Patriots effectively gave up about 50mil over his career there so the team could budget to bring in players that could A. Protect him and B. Play his style of football.

He went to Tampa knowing their defense was going to suit him, he brought back Gronk so he'd have a reliable go-to, I'd even wonder if he thought home advantage in the final factored into signing too!!
                                                                  ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                                                                    Ah was that the only penalty for taunting
                                                                    Yeah, the other 15 yarder was for a pretty slap after some pushing.

Comment

I'd say that car crash on Friday night, involving Reed's son, was a massive distraction for the Chiefs and obviously Reed in particular. The son was the Chiefs linebacker coach. The crash left a 5 year old fighting for her life. He had drink on board apparently but no charges against him yet to be fair.

Comment

1st powdering of the white stuff arriving here,
                                                                        my inner child is smiling, let snowmageddon begin.

Comment

My eir sim-only all-you-can-eat plan is going up from €15 to €30 a month. The 48 €12 plan is the best thing to switch to, I take it, or maybe there's some limitations to that plan (it seems like a similar all-you-can-eat plan)?
                                                                          "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                            My eir sim-only all-you-can-eat plan is going up from €15 to €30 a month. The 48 €12 plan is the best thing to switch to, I take it, or maybe there's some limitations to that plan (it seems like a similar all-you-can-eat plan)?
                                                                            The only issue is if you need to make out of bundle calls, say to foreign or 18XX numbers. I'd say 99% of the time you don't need to though.

Also it uses Three's network infrastructure which may impact your choice based on coverage. You're in Dublin so I don't see it to be an issue. Get their free sim for a week and test the coverage/speeds. You've nothing to lose really.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post

I just ordered an adjustable desk stand for €149 inc the import fees deposit. Delivery due by next Monday but usually faster - I'll let you know in a few days if I have any trouble . Recently in my area, Amazon started using their own logistics team. Still get some items from An Post though.
                                                                              Denny Crane This arrived on Friday with no fees. Delivery was with Amazon's in-house logistics.

Solksjaer! The stand was shite though, too much movement in it while typing. I actually packed it up for return on the same day.

Comment

GoMo hard to beat. Probably with them for over a year now and no complaints. Eir network. No 5G yet.

Comment

Proper super spreader event that was. Crazy that fans were allowed in.

Comment

Had a couple of weird, and nice coincidences the last few days.

On Thurs I went for a run on my lunch and spotted a builders van with 'Matthew & Son' on the side of it. Was raging I didn't have my phone so I could take a pic with the caption 'the work' s never done '

Hadn't heard or thought of the song in years.

John Creedon played it that evening.

On Sat afternoon, on a run again, I put Cuban salsa on the headphones.

Cuba LA' s Guantanamera came on and it was just perfect. Ended up listening to it about 20 times.

Have never looked up how to play anything on piano before but thought it would be an awesome tune to be able to play.

Looked it up yesterday, also saw this cracking 6 year old vid of a group of Cuban musicians all over the Americas playing Guantanamera.

Last night, John Creedon tweets out that exact video. Jaw hit the floor.

Then, further down in the thread he comments that he taught himself how to play it on the piano.

Mind blown.

Here's that vid

Cuba L. A...

Comment

5e for 6 months and 25e thereafter. Just signed up and see if any other deals arise over the next 6 months

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                        Proper super spreader event that was. Crazy that fans were allowed in.
                                                                                        I think 8K of the 25K attendance had definitely been vaccinated (all the 911 staff who got free tickets).
                                                                                        Everyone was tested, wore masks, and people seemed to stick to their appointed seat with no grouping.
                                                                                        Also it was outdoors in a very open stadium (no roof on any tier).
                                                                                        Probably still not the wisest decision, but I'd be surprised if it turns into a spreader event.

Comment

Denny Crane This arrived on Friday with no fees. Delivery was with Amazon's in-house logistics.

Solksjaer! The stand was shite though, too much movement in it while typing. I actually packed it up for return on the same day.
                                                                                          Yeah I got something for €148 from Amazon no issue. They delivered it two days early with an Uber style real-time map update. Hadn't seen that before. It told me how many stops away the delivery guy was.

Comment

Spare Brakes 1.20 fairyhouse

Comment

You have to admire the brazeness of this tbf. Talksport showing themselves up though. Comments turned off.

Comment

I think 8K of the 25K attendance had definitely been vaccinated (all the 911 staff who got free tickets).
                                                                                                Everyone was tested, wore masks, and people seemed to stick to their appointed seat with no grouping.
                                                                                                Also it was outdoors in a very open stadium (no roof on any tier).
                                                                                                Probably still not the wisest decision, but I'd be surprised if it turns into a spreader event.
                                                                                                we'll never really know but the VIP sections seemed packed as usual, everyone hugging and high fiving, and 25k attendance over 5 hours there? lot of mixing, chatting, queueing etc. Still decent numbers in Florida, so seems lunacy regardless of it turning into a super spreader event or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

Yeah I got something for €148 from Amazon no issue. They delivered it two days early with an Uber style real-time map update. Hadn't seen that before. It told me how many stops away the delivery guy was.
                                                                                                  The map is a pretty cool integration. I could see my delivery was 5 stops away and the driver arrived 20 mins later.

Comment

The site is taking ages to load for me on Mobile and Desktop for the first time. RD3 leaving is a disaster. It's on Life Support at the moment imo.

Comment

The map is a pretty cool integration. I could see my delivery was 5 stops away and the driver arrived 20 mins later.
                                                                                                      yep brexit has turned out great for having Amazon cop on a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                                                                                        The site is taking ages to load for me on Mobile and Desktop for the first time. RD3 leaving is a disaster. It's on Life Support at the moment imo.
                                                                                                        The site is brutal for loading. Especially for the first load of the day. Actually to the point where I'd have a moments hesitation about whether to load it or not.

Comment

Re: Alisson

The net benefit of keepers playing out from the back hasn't been properly analyzed IMHO. Some keepers clearly feel they still have to do it, even while in clear and present danger. Week in week out, goals are being conceded due to keepers dicking about. If in doubt hoof it FFS.

Some analytics heads need to look at this and do a hindcasted reward vs punishment analysis on this. Some keepers just aren't suited to it or maybe can't make a proper a judgement call on when it is appropriate.

Even a simple analysis like (playing out lead to a goal or hoofing lead to a goal being conceded) VS (playing out lead to a goal being conceded OR hoofing lead to a goal) might uncover something.

Comment

looks like Tesla just bought $1.5Bn of Bitcoin. up another 12% today and gone over the 40k mark

Comment

Even a simple analysis like (playing out lead to a goal or hoofing lead to a goal being conceded) VS (playing out lead to a goal being conceded OR hoofing lead to a goal) might uncover something.
                                                                                                              You somehow imagine that the matter isn't settled for the time being? Just because you don't have access to the analysis as a supporter doesn't mean that that it doesn't exist. Although to be sure it won't be as simplistic as "playing out led to a goal". On what basis are you making the statement that it hasn't been properly analysed?

Comment

Re: Alisson

The net benefit of keepers playing out from the back hasn't been properly analyzed IMHO. Some keepers clearly feel they still have to do it, even while in clear and present danger. Week in week out, goals are being conceded due to keepers dicking about. If in doubt hoof it FFS.

Some analytics heads need to look at this and do a hindcasted reward vs punishment analysis on this. Some keepers just aren't suited to it or maybe can't make a proper a judgement call on when it is appropriate.

Yeah, De Gea did it last week against Sheff Utd also. Instead of just launching it, he passed it straight to an opposing player, pass, goal. United lose.

Brother made the point after that it's all about the pass stats these days and lads are so drilled to retain possession that they don't just launch it even when they should.

Comment

elons magic touch and bitcoin approaching 45k

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post

Yeah, De Gea did it last week against Sheff Utd also. Instead of just launching it, he passed it straight to an opposing player, pass, goal. United lose.

Brother made the point after that it's all about the pass stats these days and lads are so drilled to retain possession that they don't just launch it even when they should.
                                                                                                                    His cowardice at the corner didnt help either. Same against Everton. Hes such a pussy. Hes a shotstopper but has zero balls.

Comment

Amazon are really dropping the ball for deliveries to me, last week they delivered to the wrong house, so I lose the item, no idea who they delivered it to. I contact them and reorder, saying they will ring to make sure this does not happen again. Well it just happened again. And I have to make a third order. Which I presume will be left to the wrong place again? Wtf.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                                                        elons magic touch and bitcoin approaching 45k
                                                                                                                        Hopefully more companies will follow suit.
                                                                                                                        Nice uptick, nearly out of the hole!

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                                                                                                          it's due to have caching is set up now.
                                                                                                                          It's an ongoing whack a mole
                                                                                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X