This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
    This month I will be 15 years hanging out with you guys.

Kinda mad isn't it.

Feb 06. Who's here from earlier? Dom, LL, Kev, DP, HJ I think, who else?
    I'm from Sept 2004 I think (started playing on Partypoker that month or thereabouts), first live game was a boards.ie charity game in the Fitz in Dec 2004. I can still remember how much my hands shook that first night!!!! A mere 16 years ago...

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post

I think you pulled them figures out of your hoop
      Yeah kinda. I think it might be quite reasonable though.

Change Sept to 65-70%, increase Aug to 35%, have Oct at 80% and then Nov at 90%, Dec at 95%. Thats probably about right.
      Fair bit of unknown tail risk with these things.
      "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
        What age group are you basing those percentages on??
        Just trying to come up with a reasonable guess for the average person.

Comment

Comment

Stonks value right now for those looking for a new phone.

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Kinda mad isn't it.

Here a long time got chatting to Oscar used deal a bit and joined boards .ie. Tom Murphy outed me in my first post

Comment

What was Oscar's screen name again?

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

Yeah pure finger in the air. I'd mentally written August as a 55-60% chance on vaccination alone, but then lowered it due to active efforts to stop people going on holidays in the summer. Hence the big leap from August to September is partially vaccination and partially lifting of restrictions.
                  If there are active efforts to stop people going on holiday in the summer it'll be a death knell for hospitality. Can't see how that industry can continue to float without some inbound travel this year.

I also think there are valid questions which someone should be asking about likely takeup rates - I suspect they may be less than the models suggest. I haven't seen any commentary on that. I don't know if anyone has any idea what choices the government would be faced with, in the circumstances of lower than expected/necessary uptake.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                    What was Oscar's screen name again?
                    O scarf I think

Comment

Bohsman
                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post

O scarf I think
                        Oh was that before Bohsman? Don't remember that.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post

Impressive just to see how fast vbullitan can be....
                          GFYO
                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Thoughts on these estimates?

optimistic
                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Kinda mad isn't it.

I think I was a relative late comer to the boards/IPB thing.

Small world though, Tom Murphy came up in work as a potential vendor today, he's doing more than well for himself

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

Small world though, Tom Murphy came up in work as a potential vendor today, he's doing more than well for himself

lol

Comment

I've always imagined operating one of those large excavators, or a crane to be hugely satisfying work.

Had a good go at it, got the hang of it quick enough, it's a lot easier to dig holes than scrape a piece of ground G great craic altogether, would be very easy to do serious damage with it.
                                  If they don't pick it up early in the morning it will be hard to resist the temptation to find a few other jobs that need doing.
                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

lol

Deffo a brag

Comment

Oh was that before Bohsman? Don't remember that.
                                      Actually think that may be one of his poker usernames

Comment

I've always imagined operating one of those large excavators, or a crane to be hugely satisfying work.
                                        If you drive a tower crane you are expected to do manic hours usually. Pouring concrete there till it’s poured podding in a bottle a bit like a good pro online poker player. Huge responsibility carrying often tons of materials while people are underneath you. Money is decent get 2.5 hours extra a day for greasing time. Have seen on even big projects drivers under pressure to do lifts when it’s to windy. Can get winded off if strong winds. Circa 2009-2014 not a tower crane in site chasing work around the world not ideal. Very few direct crane drivers for company’s now even very experienced men work through agency’s and can be let go at no notice.

Comment

Why is he based in Southampton, do you know?

Comment

It's been a chaotic few months, got divorced, bought a house, got new job and moved city for work. Never felt lonely or worried because always had my dog Buddy with me. He was a ferocious ball of fur, who hated everything except me and killing things. Woke up this morning, he got a drink of water, walked to door, puked, fell over, spasmed and died, all in 30 seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                                              It's been a chaotic few months, got divorced, bought a house, got new job and moved city for work. Never felt lonely or worried because always had my dog Buddy with me. He was a ferocious ball of fur, who hated everything except me and killing things. Woke up this morning, he got a drink of water, walked to door, puked, fell over, spasmed and died, all in 30 seconds.
                                              sorry to read this. Try keep the head up.

Comment

Ah that's awful Trippie. Sorry to hear that.

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                                                  That’s rough at least he went quick are you still coaching? Was supppsed to holiday in Texas this year wife has college friend living there and she always wanted to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post

That’s rough at least he went quick are you still coaching? Was supppsed to holiday in Texas this year wife has college friend living there and she always wanted to go.
                                                    Working for the MLR team in Austin. Main focus is performance and data analysis.

Comment

Why is he based in Southampton, do you know?
                                                      His company Machine Learning Programs was acquired by Open GI who are based in Southampton.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post

His company Machine Learning Programs was acquired by Open GI who are based in Southampton.
                                                        This ^

Comment

ffs trippie. keep care of yourself. wowsers thats some few months.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post

Its mad to see the picture of him on the MLPrograms website, and compare that to what he looked like all those years ago. Its like an Eddie Murphy movie thing where he makes himself all puffed up. Its probably the way we all good, just mad to see it all the same.

Comment

The whole website reads like the worst buzzwords and no actual details on anything. They've even managed to squeeze the word agile in there, the ultimate bullshit bingo of the modern tech world. I don't know how they've managed to fill a website with no actual details.

Comment

Just over two days to get entries in for the 2021 Multi Sport Competition. Cut off point Saturday 2.15pm.
                                                                Simples, pick the winners of the year's biggest sporting events, stuff like Wimbledon & Augusta Masters etc.
                                                                Pick wisely, win points, win the pot.
                                                                List of events in post #1.

Tables are a bit of mess on 'new' IPB unfortunately, so going to do as much of the competition as possible via google spreadsheets. So the attached document is the initial list of events for this years competition. (Some more events will be added in July as this format seemed to work well last year). https://docs.google.com/sp

Originally posted by shrapnel
                                                                Definitely a great fun comp to be part of

Comment

Thanks for reminding me of the Expanse Hitch, Inhad stopped in the middle but just finished season 3, brilliant. I need to read the books.

Comment

Digger meh.

Here is a guy who Looooves his job. Need sound

Comment

Yep I did that.
                                                                      ended up spunking a few hundred up against the wall as gave up as my holdings withered to practcally worthless.
                                                                      2000 LEND tokens worth about .30c so I closed kucoin and promptly forgot all about it

fast forward 2 years and LEND merges on a 100:1 ratio with AAVE
                                                                      and my 20odd AAVE coins are worth €240 each
                                                                      well hello...

Comment

You still have the 20 tokens?

Comment

My 14 ethereum bought for about €2,700 and sold at about €5,500 would today be worth €19,600.

Comment

You still have the 20 tokens?
                                                                            yup

Comment

My 14 ethereum bought for about €2,700 and sold at about €5,500 would today be worth €19,600.
                                                                              Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

just think of the tax bill you've avoided!!!

Comment

My brag is about to be mirrored by one hell of a beat.

Details to come.....

Comment

Kinda mad isn't it.

if we're counting boards, which we must be, I'm a little over 17 years dec 2003
                                                                                    Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

My brag is about to be mirrored by one hell of a beat.

Details to come.....
                                                                                      so, as many of you are aware, I'm in the midst of purchasing a house.
                                                                                      Mortgage drawn down, everything done and I was due to collect keys @ 3pm today or thereabouts.
                                                                                      Our solictors doing final searches before signing off.
                                                                                      It turns out the sellers owned the house we are
                                                                                      purchasing(lets say number 2 ) and the one next door (number 4).
                                                                                      They sold next door last year.
                                                                                      All of the legal documents and land registry filing for the new owners of
                                                                                      number 2 have them owning number 4.
                                                                                      Meaning we cannot buy the house legally as the sellers don't own the land it sits on

It also means number 2 owners don't own the land of the house they are living in
                                                                                      and their house insurance etc is all fucked.
                                                                                      and their mortgage
                                                                                      and all our stuff too.

My mortgage starts one 1st March, notice handed into current landlord, viewing of apartment for
                                                                                      new lettors over the next few days all booked, everything we own in boxes or storage
                                                                                      and house insurance/mortage protection all active.

Potentially this could be a timebomb for all parties (us, sellers, other owners, our solocitors, their(sellers and owners) solicitors etc).
                                                                                      Our solicitor needs to determine if filing error or "human error", the latter is not what we want.

Makes my crypto gains a little less uplifting
                                                                                      Last edited by DeadParrot; 04-02-21, 13:23.

Comment

Ah jaysus, that’s horrendous news
                                                                                        fingers crossed it is sorted somehow
                                                                                        "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Kinda mad isn't it.

I regged on boards forum in Sep 05, but had been lurking for a few months before that. I think IonaPaul wasdefinitely earlier too. Lloyd was after you I believe (without checking). Probably a few more too that at least sometimes check in here.

Comment

so, as many of you are aware, I'm in the midst of purchasing a house.
                                                                                            Mortgage drawn down, everything done and I was due to collect keys @ 3pm today or thereabouts.
                                                                                            Our solictors doing final searches before signing off.
                                                                                            It turns out the sellers owned the house we are
                                                                                            purchasing(lets say number 2 ) and the one next door (number 4).
                                                                                            They sold next door last year.
                                                                                            All of the legal documents and land registry filing for the new owners of
                                                                                            number 2 have them owning number 4.
                                                                                            Meaning we cannot buy the house legally as the sellers don't own the land it sits on

It also means number 2 owners don't own the land of the house they are living in
                                                                                            and their house insurance etc is all fucked.
                                                                                            and their mortgage
                                                                                            and all our stuff too.

My mortgage starts one 1st March, notice handed into current landlord, viewing of apartment for
                                                                                            new lettors over the next few days all booked, everything we own in boxes or storage
                                                                                            and house insurance/mortage protection all active.

Potentially this could be a timebomb for all parties (us, sellers, other owners, our solocitors, their(sellers and owners) solicitors etc).
                                                                                            Our solicitor needs to determine if filing error or "human error", the latter is not what we want.

Makes my crypto gains a little less uplifting
                                                                                            House swap with the neighbours? Make a reality show out of it.

Comment

Still holding onto my $100 of bitcoin which is just over $20k now - will help offset gme losses haha. I see Visa/banking and paypal having increased adoption. About to be able to buy things on 30 million paypal stores with it. Visa are working with banks rolling out some stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post

House swap with the neighbours? Make a reality show out of it.
                                                                                                Does seem like the obvious solution!

Comment

omg though, fck the stress levels right now must be through the roof

Comment

omg though, fck the stress levels right now must be through the roof
                                                                                                    Nah DP is a well grounded guy

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post

Nah DP is a well grounded guy
                                                                                                      It does feel like something I should be worked up over

I just don't see the point, it will not affect the outcome

Comment

I posted this in Jan 2018

Comment

I thought hitch was doing property based puns - I guess not.

There was some weird property registry thing with our house when we bought it. The numbers had been laid out differently in the plans that were sent to the registry compared to how they numbered the houses when they sold them.

I think there was also a folio on it? It was explained to me a couple of times but it was stroke inducingly confusing and pedantic so I doubt I ever really absorbed the information. As a man of logic and structured data I wouldn't advise trying to understand the legal nonsense.

Our solicitor went back and forth - seemed like a pain in the arse for her but she did get it sorted. One to just leave someone else to sort out and hope that you have a good solicitor.

Comment

They must have built a house on the side and moved into that one, then sold the original?

Comment

They must have built a house on the side and moved into that one, then sold the original?
                                                                                                              WTF was the lawyer doing on the 1st sale??????????? how did that sale ever go through?

Comment

nope.
                                                                                                                two houses side by side. Not custom builds at all.
                                                                                                                The had bought two, lived in one and rented the other originally.
                                                                                                                We only found out that they owned the other yesterday, the rest came out this morning

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

WTF was the lawyer doing on the 1st sale??????????? how did that sale ever go through?
                                                                                                                  As I said you need to hope you have a good solicitor, our place had been sold 3 times before ours noticed the problem.

More importantly who is going to be kicking your points at the weekend and are they any good - my fantasy 6 nations team needs to know how many conversions I can count on against italy.

Comment

tumblr_o1kingXzo61s5ed41o3_500.gifv.gif

Last edited by Strewelpeter; 04-02-21, 19:23.
                                                                                                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post

As I said you need to hope you have a good solicitor, our place had been sold 3 times before ours noticed the problem.

More importantly who is going to be kicking your points at the weekend and are they any good - my fantasy 6 nations team needs to know how many conversions I can count on against italy.
                                                                                                                      I'm sure things are missed in the detail by some crap conveyancers, but The actual address seems like a pretty big deal. I definitely also checked the address (and everything else) on all the docs when we bought,once the lawyers sent the docs over.

Either carbonnel or jalibert. Both good kickers. I put an each way bet on dupont as top tryscorer. Each way 5 places seems a cracking bet at 18/1
                                                                                                                      Last edited by shrapnel; 04-02-21, 19:30.

Comment

Are any of you people Huel people?

Or have thoughts on the whole thing (a European version of Solent for anyone too busy to click)

Comment

Best of luck with this DP, hope everything gets worked out.

My mate is having trouble trying to buy an apartment abroad at the moment. Price agreed and mortgage approval was sorted. However his solicitor discovered that the current owner (or previous) actually joined two apartments together but never formalized this officially with local government/housing authority. The bank have pulled the pin completely now despite having a significant % deposit ready. The bureaucracy levels are epic in terms of re-registering the apartment as one dwelling also. Currently trying to work around this with a broker by issuing individual mortgages for each "separate apartment". It's becoming increasingly unlikely to go through.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X