This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

I think they vastly underestimate how difficult it is to shoot at a target never mind in a crowded area, and with all the adrenaline pumping. Sure look at the guy who tried to take out Gillian. Shoddy work Ted.

Do you keep stats? The success rate overall must be single digit percentages.
    stats haha. Ah they made a dogs dinner of the Regency. Absolutely no need for the storm troopers. Just the sight of them whipped up a frenzy and muddied the waters. They were away like a rat up a drainpipe once the place was stormed. they were working on old info coming in when they did. The 2 already inside one in costume the other low key walking about in the calm should have been enough with a getaway outside.
    Credit where due, not enough was made of the key fob for the back gate into the estate rather than the busy whitehall road, that was Gerry all over. I didnt even know there was a back gate. I investigated a couple days later and drove straight into a garda layup!.

Comment

All his years of being a limo driver paying off

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post

stats haha. Ah they made a dogs dinner of the Regency. Absolutely no need for the storm troopers. Just the sight of them whipped up a frenzy and muddied the waters. They were away like a rat up a drainpipe once the place was stormed. they were working on old info coming in when they did. The 2 already inside one in costume the other low key walking about in the calm should have been enough with a getaway outside.
        Credit where due, not enough was made of the key fob for the back gate into the estate rather than the busy whitehall road, that was Gerry all over. I didnt even know there was a back gate. I investigated a couple days later and drove straight into a garda layup!.
        Saw an article there that they are fairly sure Gerry was the getaway driver and when Kinahan legeed it he was faced with the fire door or back door exit choice. Had he taken the opposite one he would have been face to face with Hutch...

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
          I see the kids of Tom Moore, the 100-year-old general in the UK, brought him on holidays in the middle of a pandemic, from which he picked up pneumonia and subsequently covid and has now died. fucking kids man.
          Worth the risk in my opinion. If I was 100 and able to go on holidays I would be trying to do it, not hang on to see if I'm around to go next year.
          airport, lol

Comment

I see the kids of Tom Moore, the 100-year-old general in the UK, brought him on holidays in the middle of a pandemic, from which he picked up pneumonia and subsequently covid and has now died. fucking kids man.
            Have nothing to really back it up but my feeling is his family (or parts of) tried to milk his fame to the nth degree. His "autobiography" came out mere months after his fundraising and his twitter account was obviously managed very carefully.

Obviously don't know the full details but neither him nor his family should have been in Barbados.

Comment

Originally posted by Degag View Post

Have nothing to really back it up but my feeling is his family (or parts of) tried to milk his fame to the nth degree. His "autobiography" came out mere months after his fundraising and his twitter account was obviously managed very carefully.

Obviously don't know the full details but neither him nor his family should have been in Barbados.
              I’d say it’s a cert there’s been a few people out there sick of waiting for their inheritance who “accidentally “ infected their elderly parents.

Comment

Originally posted by Degag View Post

It all adds up to pretty much the story of Boris's Britain, will make a great film in time.
                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

How are those Ooni pizza ovens going gents? Or all shut down until the weather picks up?

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                    How are those Ooni pizza ovens going gents? Or all shut down until the weather picks up?
                    I use it most weekends, enjoy making the dough but will probably need to get a mixer for the big loads whenever there are more people around.
                    Hardest part for me is getting the right amount of flour to stop the pizza sticking to the peel without having raw flour cooked, and also trying to stop people from putting too many toppings on.

Comment

I always had a vague knowledge of the whole Kinahan/Hutch fued but reading all the different articles over the last few days really gave a much greater insight into it that I just didn't know about.

At so many points, I couldn't help but keep thinking back to The Wire.

Is Danny boy our very own real life Stringer Bell?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

I use it most weekends, enjoy making the dough but will probably need to get a mixer for the big loads whenever there are more people around.
                        Hardest part for me is getting the right amount of flour to stop the pizza sticking to the peel without having raw flour cooked, and also trying to stop people from putting too many toppings on.
                        Would you use semolina instead of the flour on the peel?

Comment

I think they vastly underestimate how difficult it is to shoot at a target never mind in a crowded area, and with all the adrenaline pumping.
                          There’s definitely an element of underestimating the difficulty in general. I think it’s also the fact they these lads are often picking up whatever gun is available and have close to zero practice or experience.

Comment

Does anyone know where the statue at 1:30 in this clip is in Ireland?

Comment

Its Brendan The Navigator at Fenit in Kerry

Comment

I had never seen it before. It's very impressive.

Comment

I think they vastly underestimate how difficult it is to shoot at a target never mind in a crowded area, and with all the adrenaline pumping. Sure look at the guy who tried to take out Gillian. Shoddy work Ted.

Do you keep stats? The success rate overall must be single digit percentages.
                                  Irish people are just bottlers. Wonder what the % success rate is in Mexico.
                                  Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Sure aim for their legs!
                                    This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                    All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                    The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Gentle reminder folks free money https://www.irishpokerboards.com/for...on#post1686440

Comment

Delightfully Irish that he is just called like Brendan. Oh sure that's just P.J from down the road.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                          Sure aim for their legs!
                                          Can I move ? I'm better when I move .

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                            Delightfully Irish that he is just called like Brendan. Oh sure that's just P.J from down the road.
                                            It’s a common name for St Brendan. Not just some local yob.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vc_gfchJ9r8
                                            Last edited by Mellor; 02-02-21, 23:55.

Comment

How the fuck do you get YouTube links to embed on this bastarding incarnation of the site

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                How the fuck do you get YouTube links to embed on this bastarding incarnation of the site
                                                Yeah, a pain in the hole to figure out, but here's how you do it.

Click the movie icon and paste in the url. You might need to expand settings to see it.

Attached Files
                                                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

Click the movie icon and paste in the url. You might need to expand settings to see it.
                                                  0https://youtu.be/pbZf8GY1-Ag0https://youtu.be/pbZf8GY1-Ag

Comment

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pbZf8G...ature=youtu.behttps://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pbZf8G...ature=youtu.be

I must be missing a step somewhere to get it looking right.
                                                    Last edited by dinekes; 03-02-21, 09:01.

Comment

You walk over to the youtube link, tell the people around you that you think it’s embedded. Then you call a referee over. He will agree with you that it’s embedded, all hell will break lose and the chimps will go apeshit.

OR, just copy the youtube link and paste it into the add attachment link .

Comment

For golfers

Only a true golfer will understand these: 1. Don't buy a putter until you've had a chance to throw it. 2. Never try to keep more than 300 separate thoughts in your mind during your swing. 3. When your shot has to carry over a water hazard, you can either hit one more club or two more balls. 4. If you're afraid a full shot might reach the green while the foursome ahead of you is still putting out, you have two options: you can immediately shank a lay-up or you can wait until the green is clear and top a ball halfway there. 5. The less skilled the player, the more likely he is to share his ideas about the golf swing. 6. No matter how bad you are playing, it is always possible to play worse. 7. The inevitable result of any golf lesson is the instant elimination of the one critical unconscious motion that allowed you to compensate for all of your many other errors. 8. Everyone replaces his divot after a perfect approach shot. 9. A golf match is a test of your skill against your opponent's luck. 10. It is surprisingly easy to hole a fifty foot putt - for a 10. 11. Counting on your opponent to inform you when he breaks a rule is like expecting him to make fun of his own haircut. 12. Nonchalant putts count the same as chalant putts. 13. It's not a gimme if you're still 5 feet away. 14. The shortest distance between any two points on a golf course is a straight line that passes directly through the center of a very large tree. 15. You can hit a two acre fairway 10% of the time and a two inch branch 90% of the time. 16. If you really want to get better at golf, go back and take it up at a much earlier age. 17. Since bad shots come in groups of three, a fourth bad shot is actually the beginning of the next group of three. 18. When you look up, causing an awful shot, you will always look down again at exactly the moment when you ought to start watching the ball if you ever want to see it again. 19. Every time a golfer makes a birdie, he must subsequently make two triple bogeys to restore the fundamental equilibrium of the universe. 20. If you want to hit a 7 iron as far as Tiger Woods does, simply try to lay up just short of a water hazard. 21. To calculate the speed of a player's downswing, multiply the speed of his back-swing by his handicap, i.e. back-swing 20 mph , handicap 15, downswing = 300 mph. 22. There are two things you can learn by stopping your back-swing at the top and checking the position of your hands: (1) how many hands you have and (2) which one is wearing the glove. 23. Hazards attract; fairways repel. Keep this in mind. 24. A ball you can see in the rough from 50 yards away is not yours. 25. If there is a ball on the fringe and a ball in the bunker, your ball is in the bunker. If both balls are in the bunker, yours is in the footprint. 26. It's easier to get up at 6:00am to play golf than at 10:00am to mow the lawn. 27. A good drive on the 18th hole has stopped many a golfer from giving up the game. 28. Golf is the perfect thing to do on Sunday because you always end up having to pray a lot. 29. A good golf partner is one who's always slightly worse than you are. 30. If there's a storm rolling in, you'll be having the game of your life. 31. Golf balls are like eggs. They're white. They're sold by the dozen. And you need to buy fresh ones each week. 32. It's amazing how a golfer who never helps out around the house will replace his divots, repair his ball marks, and rake his sand traps. 33. If your opponent has trouble remembering whether he shot a six or a seven, he probably shot an eight (or worse).

Comment

Originally posted by dinekes View Post

Comment

I must be missing a step somewhere to get it looking right.
                                                            Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Comment

Thought it might be a mobile link thing, but tried it and it works. Not sure what's happening for you.

Got the chance to post a great vid tho.

More suited to a Fri night all the same.

Comment

I'll tackle it later!

I have done it right before funnily enough but just settled for pasting the hyperlink of late.

Comment

my wedding song...nice
                                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Comment

Comment

Dougal learns computer stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                                                                            Impressive just to see how fast vbullitan can be....
                                                                            This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                              Build a shelter and weather wont be too much of an issue.

Tony, are you using a wooden peel ? I find flour it and then rub it in , on its side and tap off the excess works fine for launching, pizza cant sit too long on it before launch.

Got myself a few of the pizza screens to try the weekend.

This too shall pass.

Comment

Watching The Expanse at the moment and its ridic good. Never got into a sci-fi series before but this is a smart series. Five seasons of it available!
                                                                                "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Ah right, don’t see any of those buttons in standard phone interface.

Comment

Ah right, don’t see any of those buttons in standard phone interface.
                                                                                    Click the underlined A, and then if necessary click the ... to expand the range of new buttons.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post

I had never seen it before. It's very impressive.
                                                                                      It's a wonderful place, RD3 has also given it the seal of approval. Sadly about 14km from where I'm sitting so haven't seen it in a few weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post

Build a shelter and weather wont be too much of an issue.

Tony, are you using a wooden peel ? I find flour it and then rub it in , on its side and tap off the excess works fine for launching, pizza cant sit too long on it before launch.

Got myself a few of the pizza screens to try the weekend.
                                                                                        I have no less than four wooden peels! - long story short, I got credit from them after giving out about delay in Sept, ordered two bamboo peels to use as serving boards they arrived slightly damaged so they replaced them the new ones arrived but I was charged customs because they came from UK but ooni refunded no problem, so basically I got them all free

But I have a solid aluminum one, I think thats better than the one with holes... The problem is the time it takes for people to get their toppings on after I get the pizza onto the peel.

Comment

Have some lads outside doing a bit of work with a mini digger and a dumper and my inner 10 year old is screaming at me WTF are you doing letting them have all the fun while you are sitting inside procrastinating over code that's not going to be finished today anyway

Comment

Watching The Expanse at the moment and its ridic good. Never got into a sci-fi series before but this is a smart series. Five seasons of it available!
                                                                                            Seen the 1st season and loved it. Somehow have never got around to watching the other seasons. Must correct that...
                                                                                            No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

I have no less than four wooden peels! - long story short, I got credit from them after giving out about delay in Sept, ordered two bamboo peels to use as serving boards they arrived slightly damaged so they replaced them the new ones arrived but I was charged customs because they came from UK but ooni refunded no problem, so basically I got them all free

But I have a solid aluminum one, I think thats better than the one with holes... The problem is the time it takes for people to get their toppings on after I get the pizza onto the peel.
                                                                                              Toppings then xfer to peel? I havent mastered that move either, much easier stretch it on the peel then top it.

Look up ooni hack on FB, guy has designed a rotating platform, manual or motorised, not massive money either. Havent pulled the trigger...yet...
                                                                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post

Toppings then xfer to peel? I havent mastered that move either, much easier stretch it on the peel then top it.

Look up ooni hack on FB, guy has designed a rotating platform, manual or motorised, not massive money either. Havent pulled the trigger...yet...
                                                                                                Ah Heyor! Thats crazy this yoke or a generic version works fine and is much more fun

Ooni-TurningPeel-1-1500px_1024x1024.png?v=1588760987.png

Ooni-TurningPeel-1-1500px_1024x1024.png?v=1588760987.png https://ooni.com/collections/pizza-p...a-turning-peel

Comment

Anyone listen to that Where is George Gibney podcast.

what an evil sick bastard

Comment

Have some lads outside doing a bit of work with a mini digger and a dumper and my inner 10 year old is screaming at me WTF are you doing letting them have all the fun while you are sitting inside procrastinating over code that's not going to be finished today anyway
                                                                                                    I've always imagined operating one of those large excavators, or a crane to be hugely satisfying work.

Comment

This month I will be 15 years hanging out with you guys.

Kinda mad isn't it.

Feb 06. Who's here from earlier? Dom, LL, Kev, DP, HJ I think, who else?

Comment

If i had an Ooni / Roccbox / Gozney it wouldn't be too long before i gave this a spin. Absolutely delicious.

Comment

Also crazy that IPB is now over twice the age of the old poker forum.

Comment

Thoughts on these estimates?

Comment

Got one of these during the summer, the ooni branded stuff is too expensive.

This too shall pass.

Comment

I've always imagined operating one of those large excavators, or a crane to be hugely satisfying work.
                                                                                                                There's a kids adventure park somewhere in Ireland that lets them play with one. Fixed in place obviously and behind some perspex but imagine many an adult has hopped on for a go

Comment

Hope they're right.

I think there is probably more tail risk than you are allowing for though. I'd guess it's something like 65% Sept increasing by 5% per month thereafter. Total finger in the air stuff however it would be an extraordinary achievement if the vaccination program ran to schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by Western_Sean View Post

Hope they're right.

I think there is probably more tail risk than you are allowing for though. I'd guess it's something like 65% Sept increasing by 5% per month thereafter. Total finger in the air stuff however it would be an extraordinary achievement if the vaccination program ran to schedule.
                                                                                                                    Yeah pure finger in the air. I'd mentally written August as a 55-60% chance on vaccination alone, but then lowered it due to active efforts to stop people going on holidays in the summer. Hence the big leap from August to September is partially vaccination and partially lifting of restrictions.

Comment

Would be inclined to agree with Sean that Sept should be a fair bit lower, think even 65% is optimistic. Imagine the most notable bit of travelling for Irish people will be coming home in December before sun holidays

Comment

I think you pulled them figures out of your hoop

Comment

What age group are you basing those percentages on??
                                                                                                                          ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X