• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Patrick Reed is some cheating cnut.
    Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
      Patrick Reed is some cheating cnut.
      It’s unreal. And you have people defending it again, I can’t understand it, the chap deserves no benefit of the doubt.

the whole Rory thing is such bs.

Shame too cos P Reed has the best short game on tour, I’d like to like watching him but he’s such a prick.

his missus on the burner account (useGOLFFacts) on Twitter last night is too gas.
      This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
      All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
      The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post

It’s unreal. And you have people defending it again, I can’t understand it, the chap deserves no benefit of the doubt.

the whole Rory thing is such bs.

Shame too cos P Reed has the best short game on tour, I’d like to like watching him but he’s such a prick.

his missus on the burner account (useGOLFFacts) on Twitter last night is too gas.
        You are wrong on this one . He definitely didnt cheat yesterday .

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
          I'm not really squeamish but I do try not to look at the needle before I get an injection
          I'm not really a sissy but I take a good hard pegging from my wife's girlfriend while dressed as Little Bo Peep.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

You are wrong on this one . He definitely didnt cheat yesterday .
            Ball won't plug after a small hop. Think about it.

Rory's may have hopped back into his plug mark but Reed's clearly hopped forward. Couldn't have been embedded. He called for a ruling AFTER he moved his ball out of the alleged plug point. WTF. The judge can't rule on anything at this point because the ball is no longer embedded. No players or judges, other than Rory or Reed, confirmed the balls were embedded.

Comment

Ball won't plug after a small hop. Think about it.

Rory's may have hopped back into his plug mark but Reed's clearly hopped forward. Couldn't have been embedded. He called for a ruling AFTER he moved his ball out of the alleged plug point. WTF. The judge can't rule on anything at this point because the ball is no longer embedded. No players or judges, other than Rory or Reed, confirmed the balls were embedded.
              Nobody saw it hop . It was over the hump . There is no way he could have seen the hop. He asked and nobody saw the hop.
              everything I e seen and heard is based off his reputation and not on the facts. He followed the rules . You may not like him but he is not stupid. He knows the eyeballs of the haters are on him. Total OTT reaction IMO

Comment

I want Raouls opinion on this .

Comment

Nobody saw it hop . It was over the hump . There is no way he could have seen the hop. He asked and nobody saw the hop.
                  everything I e seen and heard is based off his reputation and not on the facts. He followed the rules . You may not like him but he is not stupid. He knows the eyeballs of the haters are on him. Total OTT reaction IMO .Z
                  Nobody needs to see it hop. That's not the point. The point is the ball wasn't embedded because it's couldn't embed after a hop forward. No down force to break ground.

Comment

Comment

Nobody needs to see it hop. That's not the point. The point is the ball wasn't embedded because it's couldn't embed after a hop forward. No down force to break ground.
                      They accusation is of cheating . Anyway you have your mind made up . The PGA backed him.. cameras everywhere . Good enough for me.

Comment

They accusation is of cheating . Anyway you have your mind made up . The PGA backed him.. cameras everywhere . Good enough for me.
                        So you believe the ball was embedded then? Right so.

Comment

So you believe the ball was embedded then? Right so.
                          He said he thought it was embedded . He didnt see the hop. The ground was mush it was sitting well down in it. If it were Tiger there would be zero doubters . Not 1 of you know what the conditions were like . My point is ye are wrong to call him a cheat . He could well have but you are cbias. I have no idea if it was embedded, the rules official was happy . I think to avoid the witch hunting he should have left it. Not sure he gives a shit though. The interview will be interesting.

Comment

That Donnelly thumbs up thing is insane.

Such arrogance. I had a little bit of sympathy for him up until that. He's got to go.

The twitter stuff is really funny though.
                            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

I am basing it on the balance of likelihood’s.

It couldn’t have been embedded. Whether someone saw it bounce or not, it did bounce. If couldn’t have embedded.

When he got there, he didn’t call an official over, he didn’t even see his ball and he said “did it bounce?” So he was clearly angleshooting, at the very least, which is against the spirit of the rules, and for a pro is bad form.

Then without calling an official over he picks it up. This is actually within the rules in this scenario, but pretty much all the ex pros to a man/woman have said they’d never do that, call an official over first.

Then he picks it up and tells the official it was embedded, but he wants him to confirm.
                              It couldn’t have been embedded. So he lied. Why would he lie?

If it was anyone else, yeah you’d say benefit of the doubt. But it’s not.
                              All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                              The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Rorys was questionable too tbh, but less so and he doesn’t have the history Reed has.

Comment

And re Solks comment about the tour saying he was ok.

This is what the players think of that:

Comment

No idea who that guy is but no way that ball would have been embedded - it had nearly 0 force after the bounce. He would have just pushed down on it or even used his fingers after.

Shouldn't your playing partner or rules official be looking at this before it is moved?
                                    Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 31-01-21, 23:52.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                      No idea who that guy is but no way that ball would have been embedded - it had nearly 0 force after the bounce. He would have just pushed down on it.

Shouldn't your playing partner or rules official be looking at this before it is moved?
                                      The rule used to be that you need someone to look before you move it. Back when you were a junior phenom theres no way you would have picked it up first but the rule now has been changed to speed up pace of play.

If you believe it’s embedded you can take a free drop. If you aren’t sure you can mark it with a tee and check. If it is, you drop if it’s not you put it back.

Comment

News just in:
                                        Horse racing being corrupt and golf being tedious.

Go watch a real sport lads, royal rumble is on
                                        ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

Such arrogance. I had a little bit of sympathy for him up until that. He's got to go.

For an emojii? How about instead we stop reading people's text messages and grow the fuck up.
                                          "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

There are any number of good reasons to think he's done a sub-standard job as Minister for Health. The thumbs up in a private text exchange that literally only one other person could have leaked... is not one of them.
                                            You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                            World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

How much silver are we buying lads?

Comment

ripple on the tear again. up over 100% on 2 days. when to get out is the big question

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post

I'm not really a sissy but I take a good hard pegging from my wife's girlfriend while dressed as Little Bo Peep.
                                                  Pics or GTFO
                                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Is this a level? Or have you really fallen for a spectacularly dumb piece of ad hominem 'journalism' ?

The thumbs up is used by people to acknowledge receipt and reading of a message, it takes some amount of dumbfuck mental gymnastics to pare that into 'I think its great that the R number went up today' or whatever sort of spin thata pisspoor excuse for a hack was trying to put on it and as for the twitter mob ... Wow!

Donnelly is way out of his depth but fuck me it takes a special level of dumb to hang him on this moronic pile on!

/rant

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post

There are any number of good reasons to think he's done a sub-standard job as Minister for Health. The thumbs up in a private text exchange that literally only one other person could have leaked... is not one of them.
                                                      Taken in context with the other leaked exchanges and the fact it was Holohan himself that leaked it clearly shows it was dismissive arrogance on Donnely's part.

It was a passive aggressive 'Fuck off Tony'.

It has a whiff of Trump Fauci off it

Comment

Is this a level? Or have you really fallen for a spectacularly dumb piece of ad hominem 'journalism' ?

The thumbs up is used by people to acknowledge receipt and reading of a message, it takes some amount of dumbfuck mental gymnastics to pare that into 'I think its great that the R number went up today' or whatever sort of spin thata pisspoor excuse for a hack was trying to put on it and as for the twitter mob ... Wow!

Donnelly is way out of his depth but fuck me it takes a special level of dumb to hang him on this moronic pile on!

/rant
                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

We need raoul back to stabilise the ship if even laz is jumping overboard into crazytown

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                            We need raoul back to stabilise the ship if even laz is jumping overboard into crazytown

where has he gone to?

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post

where has he gone to?
                                                              Well the last thing he posted was about not wanting to be solely identified as someone who supports a russian racist. He seems fine - he's reading away stuff on Goodreads, so presumably he just wanted a wee break.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post

where has he gone to?
                                                                  Doing cold turkey in the knowledge that there probably won't be another US election for four long years.

Comment

Thumbs up is a pretty common, informal acceptance of receipt. I think the thumbs up is fine.
                                                                    Spewing a version to the public that contradicts the information he received is not so fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                      Thumbs up is a pretty common, informal acceptance of receipt. I think the thumbs up is fine.
                                                                      Spewing a version to the public that contradicts the information he received is not so fine.
                                                                      I think the point about the thumbs up is being missed here.

Of course it's a fine and acceptable response to a message, an acknowledgement of receipt. I do it all the time.

In this case it was a passive aggressive dismissal.

Why else would Holohan leak it?

If his arrogance, which he has displayed numerous other times, is causing him to disrespect and not listen to a CMO, well then he has to go.

The man is supremely talented at naked ambition, but sadly not much else.

Comment

He said he thought it was embedded . He didnt see the hop. The ground was mush it was sitting well down in it. If it were Tiger there would be zero doubters . Not 1 of you know what the conditions were like . My point is ye are wrong to call him a cheat . He could well have but you are cbias. I have no idea if it was embedded, the rules official was happy . I think to avoid the witch hunting he should have left it. Not sure he gives a shit though. The interview will be interesting.
                                                                        Not sure why you used Tiger there when that is way off the mark. Plenty of bogey stuff over the years that has been called out by media.

You could have used Rory who actually had the same situation this week and very few doubters including me.

Reed is clearly a massive angle shooter with empirical evidence to back it up. But i think he's great and great for the entertainment of the game as a viewer. What a player.

But i do think this shit trickles down. Mosts rounds i have a drive where i don't see it land and my initial reaction has never ever be to think if it bounced and is it embedded. I can't really remember a time i've taken relief in the rough for an embedded ball but sure i have. Plenty in the fairway alright where it is clearly evident the ball has been buried in its pitchmark. Plenty of golfers in clubs across the country that will use this rubbish to their advantage now that it is highlighted.

Comment

Well the last thing he posted was about not wanting to be solely identified as someone who supports a russian racist.
                                                                          A bit low getting digs in on somebody who isn’t here.
                                                                          Especially when they can’t possibly be true. Seeing as there’s no racism in Russia, according to your friends in the Kremlin.

Comment

I play golf when I can but a LOT of golfers are up their own arses . Great sport played by cunce.
                                                                            I played a friendly onetime with a Portmarnock head in the group. A friendly game. I took a 50 foot putt that I left hanging on the lip . I picked it up , everyone nodded before I did. The portnarnock arse said . Sorry tHats a penalty. He fking nodded .

As for TIGERRRR. My point as you well know is. The outrage from pendants would not be the same Reed is just hated .

Your point on club golfers then cheating is comical in trying to blame Reed for that.

As for my PGA point Thersea I'm talking about the rules official. He was ok with it . It was up to him really to call it

Comment

I think the point about the thumbs up is being missed here.

Of course it's a fine and acceptable response to a message, an acknowledgement of receipt. I do it all the time.

In this case it was a passive aggressive dismissal.

Why else would Holohan leak it?

If his arrogance, which he has displayed numerous other times, is causing him to disrespect and not listen to a CMO, well then he has to go.

The man is supremely talented at naked ambition, but sadly not much else.
                                                                              Holohan didn't leak it - it was FOI'd, no? By a reporter trawling for thrash

Comment

Especially when they can’t possibly be true. Seeing as there’s no racism in Russia, according to your friends in the Kremlin.
                                                                                Maybe they're yet to import humour into Oz, or maybe you are a standout case that brings down the whole nation of criminal inbreds, but to my mind that was fairly obviously tongue in cheek.

Comment

Holohan didn't leak it - it was FOI'd, no? By a reporter trawling for thrash
                                                                                  Yeah it was FOI, and the pisspoor hack built his case on his either moronic or disingenuous interpretation of an emoji and another text exchange that cul de sac'd and was clearly completed with a voice call.

Sewer journalism.

Not defending Donnelly, never had any time for him but FFS find something more substantial than he's arrogant because he pressed Thumbs up to acknowledge a message.

Comment

your friends in the Kremlin.
                                                                                    Speaking of being a kremlin stooge appointed to keep an eye on the notoriously pro-nato Irish poker community - am going to be buying a plot of land in Russia in the next few weeks. Not sure this quite makes sense, but there we go. Its by a pretty amazing lake, few acres, next door to the father-in-law's countryside place. Just land, thats it, nothing on it.

Comment

I play golf when I can but a LOT of golfers are up their own arses . Great sport played by cunce.
                                                                                      I played a friendly onetime with a Portmarnock head in the group. A friendly game. I took a 50 foot putt that I left hanging on the lip . I picked it up , everyone nodded before I did. The portnarnock arse said . Sorry tHats a penalty. He fking nodded .
                                                                                      Agreed. It's getting better though.

As for TIGERRRR. My point as you well know is. The outrage from pendants would not be the same Reed is just hated .
                                                                                      I suppose i understand your point. But your example completely contradicted your point.

Your point on club golfers then cheating is comical in trying to blame Reed for that.
                                                                                      Wasn't trying to be funny and also not blaming Reed directly. The ruling got a lot of attention. Golf is the ultimate monkey see monkey do sport. I've seen mid handicappers use the aim point method in the last few years and i know a few who are all in on increasing their ball speed since Bryson beefed up.
                                                                                      I think the darker cohort will be thinking of that ruling they next time they have a shite lie on a wet day in the rough. Some may go as far as standing on their ball? I dunno probably a massive exaggeration..

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                        Lupin for the Thomas Crown Affair fans
                                                                                        Watched the 1st 3 episodes of this yesterday

Very much reminded me of Money Heist in that some of the stuff in it is totally ridiculous but at the same time, it's quite enjoyable to watch.

Am looking forward to getting through the rest of it.

Comment

Maybe they're yet to import humour into Oz, or maybe you are a standout case that brings down the whole nation of criminal inbreds, but to my mind that was fairly obviously tongue in cheek.
                                                                                          I think it was obvious you weren’t entirely serious.
                                                                                          I just think jokes about other posters are at the very least less funny when they aren’t here.

I also thought it was obvious I was joking about there being no racism in Russia. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
                                                                                          Last edited by Mellor; 01-02-21, 12:55.

Comment

Speaking of being a kremlin stooge appointed to keep an eye on the notoriously pro-nato Irish poker community - am going to be buying a plot of land in Russia in the next few weeks. Not sure this quite makes sense, but there we go. Its by a pretty amazing lake, few acres, next door to the father-in-law's countryside place. Just land, thats it, nothing on it.
                                                                                            Ah ha! Further proof ,as if it were needed that Hitch is a Putin stooge.

No one ever referred to their 'countryside place' as anything other than a Dacha even after Putin tried to make it illegal

The New Year has ushered in a slew of new laws in Russia, including one that disappears the very concept of country cottages, known as dachas, where many Russians spend their summers.More than 60 million Russians are estimated to own dachas nationwide.

If we can hang out Ministers for using emoji's we can definitely identify sleeper agents by their use of Kremlin sanctioned language

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post

Not sure why you used Tiger there when that is way off the mark. Plenty of bogey stuff over the years that has been called out by media.

You could have used Rory who actually had the same situation this week and very few doubters including me.

Reed is clearly a massive angle shooter with empirical evidence to back it up. But i think he's great and great for the entertainment of the game as a viewer. What a player.

But i do think this shit trickles down. Mosts rounds i have a drive where i don't see it land and my initial reaction has never ever be to think if it bounced and is it embedded. I can't really remember a time i've taken relief in the rough for an embedded ball but sure i have. Plenty in the fairway alright where it is clearly evident the ball has been buried in its pitchmark. Plenty of golfers in clubs across the country that will use this rubbish to their advantage now that it is highlighted.
                                                                                              If you are a regular Joe you still should confirm with a playing partner that the ball is embedded before taking relief. The pros usually confirm with a judge. Both Rory and Reed mentioned it to their playing partners and they said grand, fire ahead and take relief, without going over and having a look at the ball.

Comment

Lads fighting about emojis and golf balls.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post

Agreed. It's getting better though.

I suppose i understand your point. But your example completely contradicted your point.

Wasn't trying to be funny and also not blaming Reed directly. The ruling got a lot of attention. Golf is the ultimate monkey see monkey do sport. I've seen mid handicappers use the aim point method in the last few years and i know a few who are all in on increasing their ball speed since Bryson beefed up.
                                                                                                  I think the darker cohort will be thinking of that ruling they next time they have a shite lie on a wet day in the rough. Some may go as far as standing on their ball? I dunno probably a massive exaggeration..

Not sure how my point isnt clear. I'm saying if it were Tiger the outrage would be less . Golf can be a popularity competition plus a lot of peoples fav golfer is all about how much mula you made from them Personally POD is my fav based on his craziness, and his Irishness and probably the most honest golfer out there too . Tiger the best who has played is a dickhead. Jack Nicklaus also a dickhead . I Like Casey .
                                                                                                  Had a beer with Dougherty when Shane won the Irish Open .
                                                                                                  as an Am.( few of us there) Nice down to earth guy pity he didnt have the head for it.

Just my views .

What do you think Raoul

An aside..

Gas that Raoul is pro Israel and Hitch pro Russian both countries guilty of the worst atrocities in history . Defend yourself from the accusation Raoul

Comment

I had my final exam for my Photoshop course last week and happy to report that I passed it

Here's a link to my Twitter with the faux poker magazine I put together for one of the assignments. Hadn't done an exam in a long time so was a little nervous going into it.

"you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Great job Danny, looks incredible.

Comment

Lads fighting about emojis and golf balls.
                                                                                                        Thumbs up

Comment

Ah here . Hes not dead .

Comment

Great job Danny, looks incredible.
                                                                                                            Cover of Runner's World for you

Comment

Also fair dues to balfejohn couldn't of been more helpful to myself & the fiancee picking some new flooring for the house. The showroom is excellent you could easily lose your mind and drop all the loot in there. Drop him a line if you're looking for stuff.

Community aspect of IPB strong as always.

Comment

FYI, Rounders and anyone else with an interest in the aul gangland. Panorama are covering Daniel Kinahan tonight at 9pm on BBC1

Comment

Thumbs up
                                                                                                                  I tried to reply to SP with one earlier but it wouldn't work.

Comment

fwiw on the raoul thing, to my mind we were just continuing a ten year run of bants-arguing and I was finally getting to win an argument. But maybe I crossed a line? I'm not sure. My apologies if that was the case. There was definitely zero malice intended on my part.

/ I say this because DP asked me, reasonably, in his moderatorship role to cop the fck on

Comment

No silver, that's a fucken trap if I ever saw one
                                                                                                                      "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

We can rebuild you, we have the technology.

we can make you better...stronger...faster.

Well maybe not faster, but I'm working on it
                                                                                                                        Last edited by DeadParrot; 01-02-21, 15:25.
                                                                                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

speed test...

result...middling

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X