Bant up today

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Allow me my irrational hatreds.

Ryan Tubridy
      Andy Murray
      Conor McGregor
      Daniel O'Donnell

I don't think I need actual reasons. This is instinct man. The kind of shit that saved our ancestors from sabre-toothed tigers.
      Ah ffs... too far.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

You are being hard on yourself if you have an ear to jam and jump into a session. You are ahead of the guitar wankers you just dont know it . Most songs are 3/4 chords . Playing melody over the chords is what piano players do from the start. I'd say you can play any campfire song , just learn the scale degrees . I'm not going through it as you know it I'm sure. Just take a scale and for each note play the corresponding chord . 1st major 2nd 3rd minor etc. All of these can be used in a song . Play melody over them and boom you are a fine guitarist. Imo of course
        Give us an example there, I can play all the basic chords but not much else.

Comment

Take the C scale .

C D E F G A B C
          1st 4th and 5th are your major 6th your natural minor. 2nd and 3rd minor chords . Now play a song with the chords of your choice . The song will be in C , so play C major scale or A minor scale between chords, keep track of the root notes and let your ear tell you what sounds good . Start slowly . Cat Steven's Wild World for example . When he sings oh baby baby it's a wild world . He played notes in the C scale/A minor up to the G chord . Listen to it , Try it , Play around. You'll get it.

I'm probably not explaining well. Typing on this phone is cumbersome.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post

Give us an example there, I can play all the basic chords but not much else.
            Learn how to play the pentatonic scale. Most people begin learning it on the fifth fret, A minor.

It can be broken into sections/parts, learn a section at a time, like doing a jigsaw in parts and adding together.
            Great thing is though, you can learn a section of it relatively quickly and begin having fun messing about with just that section.

Once you develop the muscle memory for it, the same pattern can be transposed up and down the neck to different keys.

That then opens up everything. You can listen to a tune, find what key it's in and just jam to it.

The more you do that the more your ear develops too.
            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Take the C scale .

C D E F G A B C
              1st 4th and 5th are your major 6th your natural minor. 2nd and 3rd minor chords . Now play a song with the chords of your choice . The song will be in C , so play C major scale or A minor scale between chords, keep track of the root notes and let your ear tell you what sounds good . Start slowly . Cat Steven's Wild World for example . When he sings oh baby baby it's a wild world . He played notes in the C scale/A minor up to the G chord . Listen to it , Try it , Play around. You'll get it.

I'm probably not explaining well. Typing on this phone is cumbersome.
              That’s for flagging, but I haven’t a notion where to start on that. I’m assuming that all finger plucking?

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

Learn how to play the pentatonic scale. Most people begin learning it on the fifth fret, A minor.

It can be broken into sections/parts, learn a section at a time, like doing a jigsaw in parts and adding together.
                Great thing is though, you can learn a section of it relatively quickly and begin having fun messing about with just that section.

Once you develop the muscle memory for it, the same pattern can be transposed up and down the neck to different keys.

That then opens up everything. You can listen to a tune, find what key it's in and just jam to it.

The more you do that the more your ear develops too.
                Found a good YouTube video for it, cheers

Comment

That’s for flagging, but I haven’t a notion where to start on that. I’m assuming that all finger plucking?
                  I'd say check online . In my view some basic theory will help you greatly . I just gave you notes in a scale of C, the chords are made from the notes the chord to play are from the scale . . You can pick or pluck they are just notes not technique .
                  It's actually maths so you'll pick it up quickly .

Comment

Denny Crane thoughts on GameStop?!

Comment

Learn how to play the pentatonic scale.
                      Think you're over-egging pentatonic scales Laz. I only consciously came across them when playing traditional Japanese music, and don't see why you'd be leaving out the other notes for most 'popular' tunes
                      Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

Think you're over-egging pentatonic scales Laz. I only consciously came across them when playing traditional Japanese music, and don't see why you'd be leaving out the other notes for most 'popular' tunes
                        I suppose because it's a relatively simple scale, plus was mad into learning to play blues when I started out, and it's all you need.

I get so much enjoyment from it that I never bothered progressing to other scales. It fits everything.
                        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Comment

In the market for a laptop ..

what's the best midrange one out there with a decent screen ?

was looking at this one

Comment

I suppose because it's a relatively simple scale, plus was mad into learning to play blues when I started out, and it's all you need.

I get so much enjoyment from it that I never bothered progressing to other scales. It fits everything.
                              It's a fun scale , although I'd recommend for most beginners to learn some theory then play some songs progress to changing keys and seeing what works for you .
                              I'd say you enjoy the licks within the scales someone else might like to strum to a Christy song. The beauty of music. I think it's great to be supportive. Nobody is filling the 3 arena anytime soon . Keep it going Conor I love your enthusiasm.

Comment

Denny Crane thoughts on GameStop?!
                                Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

She is not a happy comissioner

Who gazumped our preordered and paifd for vaccine was it the Brits?

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

I see that qanon clown is facing 6 federal charges, 2 felonies and 4 misdemeanors. At the end of the hearing denying him bail he was heard to say "Oh my God" as reality finally began to sink in.

Afraid God wont help you now boy and that pardon you had banked on, sorry mate. Your wonderful leader is off playing golf and while you are languishing in prison you can bask in the glow of his love for you (as well as your cell mates)

He was right though "Justice is coming"

Comment

was looking at this one

https://www.currys.ie/ieen/computing...08033-pdt.html
                                      Id say don't buy from Curries...they charge a heavy granny tax

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                        Bant up today
                                        love the bants.

My stocks to watch this year:

CVX.V - Cash and contract full cement company from Calgary. Lots of backlog, delivery an issue with covid. Record results last qtr.
                                        MYCO.CN - Zoomer stock that just signed a big bought deal from Cannacord, only company to import zoomers to canada so far, Chief Scientist from Canopy joined them. Cash and smarts.
                                        SCR.TO - My beauty sports betting stock. To the moon please. Canadian legalization Bill supposed to be 2nd reading soon (this friday).
                                        CF.TO - Cannacord, Canadian wealth management, they signed a deal with MS to run their canadian trading business. Both companies doing very well, could see a merger.

Will check back in a year and see how Im doing.
                                        This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                        All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                        The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

It's a Sin is some piece of work. Well worth a watch

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                            She is not a happy comissioner

Who gazumped our preordered and paifd for vaccine was it the Brits?

Israel presumably whos paying a huge mark to skip the que was widely publicised.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post

Israel presumably whos paying a huge mark to skip the que was widely publicised.
                                              You anti semite!
                                              This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                              All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                              The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Israel sent out mossad to bribe other countries to give them PPE back last year. They deeply care about not catching covid
                                                Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 25-01-21, 20:55.
                                                "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

ffs astra is useless.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post

You anti semite!
                                                    Maybe I like their style

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                      ffs astra is useless.

The UK is screwed if this is true.

How did this not get picked up in the trials? New variant issues?
                                                      Last edited by Opr; 25-01-21, 21:17.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post

Think hitch is jumping the gun here. One article in a German tabloid is hardly a reliable source.

Comment

Think hitch is jumping the gun here. One article in a German tabloid is hardly a reliable source.
                                                          Handelsblatt according to most sources is quite reputable and not a tabloid. (I have no idea either way) He has doubled down on the claims.

We have confirmed the 8% with multiple sources familiar with the German vaccination policy. Our sources, including members of the government coalition, spoke on the condition of anonymity so we cannot source the story “on the record” nor can we make public any underlying data

Comment

I doubt its anything to do with variants.

Hopefully its not true. If it is Johnson government would have to resign, well if they had any iota of scruples or decency it would be inevitable but obv they will follow the Trump way and just bluster and lie.

Comment

Comment

It would be an 'unlikely' error from the likes of Handelsblatt how wouldn't be running this based on half whispers. I'd say its probably the real deal. Unfortunately.

That's five million brits that have been injected with the equivalent of a cup of tea.

surely it can't be?

and what the fck are we going to do - this was our workhorse also.

If its 8% effective at 65+, its hardly 60% effective at age 50.

Comment

Comment

ffs astra is useless.

Darren seems to have deleted that tweet

Also scanning through that data in the Lancet, 9% of the group it was tested on were over 70. Think they might have noticed if it was useless.
                                                                    Last edited by ComradeCollie; 25-01-21, 21:57.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post

Saw the Irish rugby squad was announced as well. Carthy and Cooney must really have done something wrong that Farrell doesn't rate them at all. Young Casey albeit playing well is skipping the queue of scrum halves and for me it's crazy (Cooney, McGrath, Marmion, Blade) - I would have thought he'd be brought in as a non-squad player to train and learn the systems. Tom Daly unlucky not to get the nod over McCloskey too.
                                                                      Carty played well against Leinster and shit the bed against munster when the focus was on him. I don’t think you could pick him tbh. Billy Burns hasn’t done a whole lot wrong from what I’ve seen. We need Carbery and Harry Byrne to take it by the scruff of the neck soon. Sexton can’t be starting in 2022.

Big Stu and Chris Farrell are both lucky to be there imo. Farrell was fucking anonymous on Saturday night. I’d love to see Ciaran Frawley getting a chance to be a non squad player. He’s a very tasty player. Not sure if Tom Daly has it to be international level but I hope I’m wrong.

I personally would pick Leavy over Van der Flier. Great to see James Ryan playing well on Saturday. He hasn’t been close to his best in a while.

‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Also scanning through that data in the Lancet, 9% of the group it was tested on were over 70. Think they might have noticed if it was useless.
                                                                        The trials by them do seem to have been a complete clusterfuck.

Comment

You could definitely be right. There's a bit of backtracking happening. I wonder how much of that is lawyerly phonecalls. Handelsblatt hasn't backtracked and they are the proponents of the story. We'll probably have some sort of confirmation either way tomorrow.

I read a snippet of the article in The Lancet that said they didn't have enough data to make a firm conclusion of effectiveness for over 70s. There was only 450 of whom half got the vaccine and half didn't?

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post

Id say don't buy from Curries...they charge a heavy granny tax
                                                                            Said similar to the missus . more the computer in the link anything better for the price. ?

Comment

Said similar to the missus . more the computer in the link anything better for the price. ?
                                                                              4 Ram is too little for human use

Comment

was looking at this one

https://www.currys.ie/ieen/computing...08033-pdt.html
                                                                                Its out of stock at this particular moment. But this is decent.

Asus make very nice and reliable laptops. Great screens for the price. Double the storage, double the ram. Think it also has a better version of Windows.

This HP one is a similar story, but HP aren't as good as Asus in terms of looking like a million dolla.

Comment

4 Ram is too little for human use
                                                                                  I appreciate the implication that it may be useful for others in the animal kingdom with less cumbersome needs.

Comment

Laptops

Comment

The trials by them do seem to have been a complete clusterfuck.
                                                                                      Mad that that report came out before Christmas. Real chance the vaccine will not receive approval from the EU’s medicines authority.

Comment

Looks like the German newspaper report was wrong about the 8% figure.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                                            Thanks for that.. interesting. Do we lose anything buying a refurbished laptop ? What risks etc ?

Comment

I suppose it does make sense to assess a 100-year decision based on the first month. and ignoring the inability to trade due to red tape.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                false flag action by the brits to make themselves look better at maths?

Comment

Thanks for that.. interesting. Do we lose anything buying a refurbished laptop ? What risks etc ?
                                                                                                  Some of them have a few months manufacturer warranty left. I bought a couple of refurbished phones for the kids. Never a problem, but yes the price drop = risk. Great value there compared to RRP.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post

I cannot get over how badly they fucked that up.
                                                                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Some of them have a few months manufacturer warranty left. I bought a couple of refurbished phones for the kids. Never a problem, but yes the price drop = risk. Great value there compared to RRP.
                                                                                                      be aware of the VAT too.
                                                                                                      Would parcel motel be a viable option here?

edit: apparently not.
                                                                                                      They aren't accepting packages
                                                                                                      Last edited by DeadParrot; 26-01-21, 11:35.
                                                                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

I've just backed Liverpool to win the PL at 8s . I feel dirty but business is business

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                                                                          I think we are getting lucky with Stockdale being injured so will get to see keenan at full back which looks like his best position and isnt stockdales.
                                                                                                          I thought he was just starting to show a bit of his previous sharpness after a couple of poor seasons

Comment

I thought he was just starting to show a bit of his previous sharpness after a couple of poor seasons
                                                                                                            not at 15

Comment

He was but he isn't a fullback he is a winger.

My preferred back 3 going forward is Stockdale, Keenan and Conway if all are in form. Stockdale out of the 3 is the worst at fullback imo.

Comment

I've just backed Liverpool to win the PL at 8s . I feel dirty but business is business
                                                                                                                Liverpool fan but wouldnt touch them with a baregpole. Klopp talking about how hard it is to create team spirit and unity Covid world rang serious alarm bells for me. Decimated by the key guys injured, if that weirdo centre back plays again its lights out, 100% no where near ready for first team football, even physically looks like a young kid playing grown men. United have plenty ot momentum at the moment, quite surreal and Leicester look decent but if City can get going at all think they will pip it.

Comment

Buying one of these. Is that a life smart decision?

Comment

Should have at least bought one with a rail so you can use it for drying clothes when you stop using it (which will be almost immediately)

Comment

Apparently driven by Reddit users, short squeezing.

Comment

Cool design and seems a good price.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X