X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

Wayne Rooney disagrees with you.

Also Kloops high tempo game can burn out his team take Dortmund for example . Same thing happened. They look physically and mentally spent. Need a break .
    They need a new trainer, Charles Byrne is free
    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Have cut out a lot of stuff. But proof will be in the pudding next week. Not cutting out breakfast though. 400 cals is a basic min for breakfast.
      "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

This homeschooling lark is tricky, TGIF. Steak, Golf and a bitta poker. Shall road test a bottle of Red for our fallen few just for research purposes.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
          Odd though it may seem, I haven't been allowed to directly query a database for the last three years. Just got squirrel to access a pile of databases and realised I have forgotten all the SQL I ever knew.

Is there any good site out there I could look over at the weekend to refresh myself? Obvs I am going to hire people to do this shit for me but there will be a gap where I might have to do it myself.
          Would have said Udemy but they seem to by on their one day of the month where there isnt a "SALE" on so...

YouTube or Coursera should have what you want

Comment

Odd though it may seem, I haven't been allowed to directly query a database for the last three years. Just got squirrel to access a pile of databases and realised I have forgotten all the SQL I ever knew.

Is there any good site out there I could look over at the weekend to refresh myself? Obvs I am going to hire people to do this shit for me but there will be a gap where I might have to do it myself.
            I know W3 Schools have gotten a bad rap over that last few years but I never had a problem with the site. I like the practical sandbox approach.

SQL Course: https://www.w3schools.com/sql/default.asp

SQL is a bit of a black art. Takes a while to get good at it.
            Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Now have a craving for a pastry..something with cinnamon and white icing.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post

Would have said Udemy but they seem to by on their one day of the month where there isnt a "SALE" on so...
                This one is free today. No idea of it's relevant though https://www.udemy.com/course/sql-cou...4D0AF2C85E1FCF
                Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Kicking off the weekend with a delivery of a kilo of fresh and pungent kimchi. May all your weekends be similarly amazeballs.

Comment

Todays Fundalk punt is Never back Down to break its Irish duck in the 7.30. Buyer beware and all that. 12s on Bet365 E/W seems fair.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post

I know W3 Schools have gotten a bad rap over that last few years but I never had a problem with the site. I like the practical sandbox approach.

SQL Course: https://www.w3schools.com/sql/default.asp

SQL is a bit of a black art. Takes a while to get good at it.
                      I used that when I started off too.

SQL is just so handy to have, since I learned it, I’ve used about 5-6 variations of it but outside of small syntax differences it’s just another handy one add.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

This one is free today. No idea of it's relevant though https://www.udemy.com/course/sql-cou...4D0AF2C85E1FCF
                        Could be of use to me anyway at some point in next few weeks so thanks for that!

Comment

What do you do when you get to Cherbourg without a car?
                          I've not been but in my head it's probably a miserable place like Holyhead, Rosslare or Fishguard?
                          Do you just shop a bit and come back (aka a return trip)

Comment

Comment

I see lockdown 1 IPB darling White Hag have parted ways with their Masterbrewer /go owner due to proud boy/Qanon supporting posts on social media (including accounts with the company name in the name.

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post

SQL is just so handy to have, since I learned it, I’ve used about 5-6 variations of it but outside of small syntax differences it’s just another handy one add.
                                Totally. Data is the gold of the 21st century gold rush, and SQL is the pick. Sure you have your R, No SQL, Jupyter Notebooks etc, but the day will always come when the best way to extract those precious data nuggets will be to use SQL.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                  I see lockdown 1 IPB darling White Hag have parted ways with their Masterbrewer /go owner due to proud boy/Qanon supporting posts on social media (including accounts with the company name in the name.
                                  Glad to hear it was not happy about cutting them out of my beer rotation.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post

Glad to hear it was not happy about cutting them out of my beer rotation.
                                    Maybe they’ll stop brewing all their mank novelty beers now

Seems to be hinted at in the comments on Twitter and Instagram that part of why The company (some Irish beer distributors ) who initially outed him had done so was because he had stopped using them- kind of a weak move from them if true- if they followed him on social before they knew his views so decided to go for some handy Twitter likes when it cost them nothing
                                    I haven’t seen his posts but yeah if it’s mad Q anonand proud boy stuff on an account used to represent the Brand it’s not a good look full stop. At the same time looking at some of the gloating from the other side..
                                    Last edited by Guest; 22-01-21, 20:50.

Comment

Any piano players here?

Have been messing about with a few basic major chords but I'd love to learn how to improvise and jam.

With the guitar all you've got to do is learn the pentatonic scale and the world opens up.

Is it similar with the piano?

I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Seems to be hinted at in the comments on Twitter and Instagram that part of why The company (some Irish beer distributors ) who initially outed him had done so was because he had stopped using them- kind of a weak move from them if true- if they followed him on social before they knew his views so decided to go for some handy Twitter likes when it cost them nothing
                                        I haven’t seen his posts but yeah if it’s mad Q anonand proud boy stuff on an account used to represent the Brand it’s not a good look full stop. At the same time looking at some of the gloating from the other side..
                                        Have sampled a decent amount of their offerings over the last year and I just stick to their IPA's which are lovely but steer clear of the stouts, red ales, largers and sours which I dont think are great at all. The fact the stout is not great to start with means that no amount of mint chocolate chip or salted caramel will make it better.

I did kind of like the idea of a dessert beer but they are fairly awful.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post

Have sampled a decent amount of their offerings over the last year and I just stick to their IPA's which are lovely but steer clear of the stouts, red ales, largers and sours which I dont think are great at all. The fact the stout is not great to start with means that no amount of mint chocolate chip or salted caramel will make it better.

I did kind of like the idea of a dessert beer but they are fairly awful.
                                          I liked the black forest one and the salted caramel one.
                                          The others ranged from awful to urinal cake in a pint bad.

​​​​​
                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                            What do you do when you get to Cherbourg without a car?
                                            I've not been but in my head it's probably a miserable place like Holyhead, Rosslare or Fishguard?
                                            Do you just shop a bit and come back (aka a return trip)
                                            It's quite nice, I thought. But yeah jump straight on the train. Train gets to Granville the Normandy capital in 2 hours and then you can tgv your way to wherever.

Four hours to get to Angers, the start of the Loire Valley, by train.

Comment

James Comey on The LateLate tonight.

Comment

Is Erotimatikophobia like a real thing? I sent an email to someone today with a load of questions in it. They rephrased my mail a tiny bit and forwarded it to another party, CCing me, but for some reason they stripped out all the question marks. WTF?????

Comment

They somehow ended up on the end of your what the fuck

Comment

Still not enough to overcome my atavistic hatred for Ryan Tubridy.
                                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Still not enough to overcome my atavistic hatred for Ryan Tubridy.
                                                      I never really had an opinion on him but for a guy who is probably the most well known broadcaster earning 500k a year, he seems to get an incredible amount of abuse, does anyone like him?

Comment

I never really had an opinion on him but for a guy who is probably the most well known broadcaster earning 500k a year, he seems to get an incredible amount of abuse, does anyone like him?
                                                        It might be a Charlie Damelio from TikTok thing - the most popular TikToker precisely because she annoys the least number of people rather than that she is liked by the most people. Maybe Ryan is in that category despite not seeming to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

It might be a Charlie Damelio from TikTok thing - the most popular TikToker precisely because she annoys the least number of people rather than that she is liked by the most people. Maybe Ryan is in that category despite not seeming to be.
                                                          Sounds quite possible.

Still not sure what to make about you drawing analogies to famous TikTok stars but the logic seems sound.

Comment

As in we are judging him on how he isn't good, but maybe the criteria should be least offensive rather than any positive attribute.

Comment

Sounds quite possible.

Still not sure what to make about you drawing analogies to famous TikTok stars but the logic seems sound.
                                                              i'm just waiting for the right opportunity to bring up Bella Poarch in any conversation.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                As in we are judging him on how he isn't good, but maybe the criteria should be least offensive rather than any positive attribute.
                                                                Allow me my irrational hatreds.

Ryan Tubridy
                                                                Andy Murray
                                                                Conor McGregor
                                                                Daniel O'Donnell

I don't think I need actual reasons. This is instinct man. The kind of shit that saved our ancestors from sabre-toothed tigers.
                                                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                  Any piano players here?

Have been messing about with a few basic major chords but I'd love to learn how to improvise and jam.

With the guitar all you've got to do is learn the pentatonic scale and the world opens up.

Is it similar with the piano?

This might seem pedantic but its unchanging in music.
                                                                  Music is all about notes, chords , harmony and rhythm. There is nothing different in any instrument except in the technique of playing any instrument . Pentatonic is just the 5 note major and minor scales with notes left out of the 7 note scale . If you learn where the keys are it's the same notes .

I love how piano players look at the guitar , they look to play the melody into the chords . Brady does it well .

If you are looking to improvise play your pentatonic on your guitar ( dont limit yourself to pentatonic though) then play along on your keyboard playing chords , then reverse it. Or just use backing track.

The best muscle you use playing music is your ear.

Music wankery comments finished . Sorry if this is all obvious but ya never know

Comment

What did he actually post? Just saw some instagram post, didn't see the proud boys/q stuff.

Yeah they had to switch distributors due to the new booze restrictions. Does seem that they all knew him before but it's only an issue now.

Comment

I’ve yet to meet anyone who likes him- smarmy condescending bootlicker about sums him up- toy show is his level- say what you want about Pat Kenny but was/is a good current affairs interviewer- Tubridy is anything but.
                                                                      his radio show is leap across the room to turn off if you forget to switch channel after morning Ireland level bad- I know it’s prob standard for radio shows but a huge amount of the texts he reads out are clearly made up

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

What did he actually post? Just saw some instagram post, didn't see the proud boys/q stuff.

Yeah they had to switch distributors due to the new booze restrictions. Does seem that they all knew him before but it's only an issue now.
                                                                        All I’ve seen is a screenshot from the bottom of one of one of his insta posts- “ #followthemoney #billgatesisnotadoctor #vaccine #plandemic #iAmQ #wwg1wga”. but apparently he was at it for a while on his JoeWhiteHag account so not news to people in the industry for sure. The distributors deleted their like farming tweet

Comment

Solks and Lazare jam session

He he he

Comment

Comment

Thought he came across well.
                                                                              Got the boot in nicelty without bitterness or sense of triumph.

Comment

Put a good guest presenter on the Late Late for a few weeks and see what happens

Like when the Gerry Ryan show ratings went up whenever Fanning(?) sat in for him
                                                                                Or the days Ryan showed up late and nobody noticed

Didn't stop RTE giving Ryan the pay rises and prime time slot and sending Fanning back to the coal bunker

Also...Are the TAM (Irish Neilsen ratings) people really stopping the machine whenever they spend more time on their phone than watching the TV?

*I think people complaining about the show but still watching is factored into his wages

Safe to say he is stealing a living

TBH My only interaction with the show is people complaining about it so...
                                                                                Last edited by Guest; 23-01-21, 00:08.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                  it's not a hangover solks - its something completely different.
                                                                                  Noel i've had this for about 10 years - def an age thing. My Dad has had it for 20 so happened to him at 60 but I've narrowed it down to full bodied or extra heavy or high ABV wines (>14%) and without food particularly. Having said that Sudafed works or Actifed if you need to sleep. Manageable- Don't give up wine that's a complete over reaction !

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                                                    This might seem pedantic but its unchanging in music.
                                                                                    Music is all about notes, chords , harmony and rhythm. There is nothing different in any instrument except in the technique of playing any instrument . Pentatonic is just the 5 note major and minor scales with notes left out of the 7 note scale . If you learn where the keys are it's the same notes .

I love how piano players look at the guitar , they look to play the melody into the chords . Brady does it well .

If you are looking to improvise play your pentatonic on your guitar ( dont limit yourself to pentatonic though) then play along on your keyboard playing chords , then reverse it. Or just use backing track.

The best muscle you use playing music is your ear.

Music wankery comments finished . Sorry if this is all obvious but ya never know
                                                                                    Cheers Willie. I haven't yet tried the pentatonic on the piano. Tbh, I've no idea, other than the root, what the notes are, it's all muscle memory on the guitar. Easy enough to learn though.

Thought though that while the concept is the same, improvising on the piano is a little tougher, a bit more going on.

Like, I'll find the key of a song on the guitar and just jam with the pentatonic, picking notes, a few bends and slides.

With the piano though, take Jools for example, when he jumps on it and just blasts out that improvised blues, jamming, it just seems a lot more complex.

​​​​​I'll have a crack at it

Comment

Testing bottle number three here, all seems ok so far. Jaysus that LLS was nearly as depressing as my pick in Dundalk earlier. Tubridy isnt a thick fucker so why not send him in to interview rather than with pre-rehersed questions, something a la Tommy Tiernan. Anyway hopefully i run better on this final table than that nag earlier

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                        Testing bottle number three here, all seems ok so far. Jaysus that LLS was nearly as depressing as my pick in Dundalk earlier. Tubridy isnt a thick fucker so why not send him in to interview rather than with pre-rehersed questions, something a la Tommy Tiernan. Anyway hopefully i run better on this final table than that nag earlier
                                                                                        Has a few quid left on PP
                                                                                        Emptied it on that race

20EW on your pick - ye bollox
                                                                                        Had Man of War at €10 win - good form in fairness
                                                                                        had the 3rd place EW so money back

Uptick of 50% on PP account so happy days!

Edit
                                                                                        good luck on the final table
                                                                                        what's 1st prize

PS
                                                                                        On bottle number 3!! Sickpuppy must be lighting cigars with tenners
                                                                                        Last edited by dinekes; 23-01-21, 00:51.

Comment

Laz... You not seen the advert on YouTube for the App that takes you from complete beginner to knocking out 18th century showtunes in a matter if weeks?

Jasas the whole family in the marketing presentation I saw were bang at it.. ​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by dinekes View Post

Has a few quid left on PP
                                                                                            Emptied it on that race

20EW on your pick - ye bollox
                                                                                            Had Man of War at €10 win - good form in fairness
                                                                                            had the 3rd place EW so money back

Uptick of 50% on PP account so happy days!

Edit
                                                                                            good luck on the final table
                                                                                            what's 1st prize

PS
                                                                                            On bottle number 3!! Sickpuppy must be lighting cigars with tenners
                                                                                            Ran about to par with the earlier horse 7th i think.

Still ahead of sickpuppy so all good

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                                              Laz... You not seen the advert on YouTube for the App that takes you from complete beginner to knocking out 18th century showtunes in a matter if weeks?

Jasas the whole family in the marketing presentation I saw were bang at it.. ​​​​​
                                                                                              No man, haven't seen it.

Not too interested in learning how to play something though, just wanna learn how to play.

Started off that way with the guitar, like everyone, trying to learn how to play songs. I could never finish one or perfect one though before getting bored and moving on to the next one.

​​​​​Meant I never learnt how to play an entire song.

I'd actually be a really shit guitar wanker at a party.

Can jam to anything though.

Comment

That's the ultimate guitar wanker.

It's not a competition, but if it was, you would win.

​​​​​

Comment

I don’t really care if it helps the newspapers
                                                                                                  Anything that damages the ability of Facebook and google to make money is a good thing, 2 companies who have done more damage to the social fabric of western countries than possibly any in history- like you’d rather your kids grew up to work for tobacco companies than those 2

they are freeloading parasites and they need to have manners put on them in every possible way
                                                                                                  Honestly this just comes across is extreme bitterness to the point of fanaticism (anti-fanactism?). It’s fits your narrative so it must be good. But I don’t think it holds up to the slightest scrutiny.
                                                                                                  I mean for a start, it probably doesn’t affect Facebook/Google’s ability to make money. They just delist the sites they need to and move on. The delisted media site is harmed much more.
                                                                                                  Also, “the fabric of society”. I don’t know about you, but I think society has far bigger problems than whatever FB/Google have done. That’s just me.

I’m also skeptical of anyone who says they don’t utilise FB/Google or equivalent services.

Comment

Originally posted by CHDad View Post
                                                                                                    That's the ultimate guitar wanker.

It's not a competition, but if it was, you would win.

​​​​​

Ah thanks.

Want a backpack for the piano. Guitar wankin is so 2014.

Comment

No man, haven't seen it.

Not too interested in learning how to play something though, just wanna learn how to play.

Started off that way with the guitar, like everyone, trying to learn how to play songs. I could never finish one or perfect one though before getting bored and moving on to the next one.

You are being hard on yourself if you have an ear to jam and jump into a session. You are ahead of the guitar wankers you just dont know it . Most songs are 3/4 chords . Playing melody over the chords is what piano players do from the start. I'd say you can play any campfire song , just learn the scale degrees . I'm not going through it as you know it I'm sure. Just take a scale and for each note play the corresponding chord . 1st major 2nd 3rd minor etc. All of these can be used in a song . Play melody over them and boom you are a fine guitarist. Imo of course

Comment

Nice one Willie.

I should prob do more of that. Kinda lazy I suppose, been stuck in an enjoyable rut, sitting on the couch jamming to Jools or YouTube for a few years now.

Good way to get the wife to go to bed

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                                          Honestly this just comes across is extreme bitterness to the point of fanaticism (anti-fanactism?). It’s fits your narrative so it must be good. But I don’t think it holds up to the slightest scrutiny.
                                                                                                          I mean for a start, it probably doesn’t affect Facebook/Google’s ability to make money. They just delist the sites they need to and move on. The delisted media site is harmed much more.
                                                                                                          Also, “the fabric of society”. I don’t know about you, but I think society has far bigger problems than whatever FB/Google have done. That’s just me.

I’m also skeptical of anyone who says they don’t utilise FB/Google or equivalent services.
                                                                                                          FB is complicit in the Myanmar genocide and is one of the greatest facilitators of propaganda and disinformation to have existed in human history, that’s not in any way an exaggeration.
                                                                                                          they could do something about it (and in some recent high profile examples are belatedly doing something about it) , but it suits there bottom line better no to.
                                                                                                          not sure why you are sceptical about people saying they don’t use their services.

I don’t have a Facebook or Instagram account- there is no social cost to me for this - I don’t feel I’m missing out on anything- they are not useful or essential at all.
                                                                                                          unfortunately I still am a Facebook customer in that I have to use WhatsApp for work and a few other things- don’t like it but there would be a cost

Google- I use duck duck go for search, Apple maps for maps, outlook for mail and dont use google photos. Again not missing out and none of it an inconvenience at all.
                                                                                                          Can’t escape completely - I do use YouTube

im sure not all my alternatives are shiny white but it’s better than being presented with evidence of how scummy google and Facebook are and just shrugging your shoulders because “convenience “

Comment

Have a good piano wankin story actually.

Bought one for my wife's birthday years ago. I learnt how to play the opening few bars of Lean on me. That's all I knew how to play on it.

Got it down good, but couldn't play beyond the first 12 bars.

Was on a weekend away with some mates in Waterford, we gatecrashed a wedding on the Sat night.

Deadly craic, up dancing with oul wans all night.

We all went into the residents bar, about 50 people, big sing song.

I spotted a piano and jumped onto it and lashed into Lean on Me.

Dumm, de dum dum dum dumm, do do

Fucking crowd went wild. I shat myself. Am on the 6th bar wondering wtf to do.

I couldn't have scripted what happened. Just as I hit the last note the barman reefed me off it and shut it down.

Boos from the crowd and they all sang it a capella.

I was a hero

Comment

Allow me my irrational hatreds.

Ryan Tubridy
                                                                                                              Andy Murray
                                                                                                              Conor McGregor
                                                                                                              Daniel O'Donnell

I don't think I need actual reasons. This is instinct man. The kind of shit that saved our ancestors from sabre-toothed tigers.
                                                                                                              Great game.

My Irish contingent
                                                                                                              Donal Skehan
                                                                                                              Robbie Keane
                                                                                                              Eoin McDevitt
                                                                                                              Colin Harmon
                                                                                                              Jamie Heaslip

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post

The bro quit facebook and google as a result of some documentary on Netflix. Haven't seen it. Two months off both. Uses some search engine called Ecosia or something like that now.

Comment

Time to resurrect an oldie .

Comment

Time to resurrect an oldie .

Comment

I only found out this week that Nancy Pelosi is 80 years of age and so is Anthony Fauci. With Biden at 78 I have to say I'm very impressed with their capacities and energies to do the roles that they do at their ages. It's quite inspiring.

Comment

PP paying top 2 as winners in the 1.50 Ascot.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                                                          I only found out this week that Nancy Pelosi is 80 years of age and so is Anthony Fauci. With Biden at 78 I have to say I'm very impressed with their capacities and energies to do the roles that they do at their ages. It's quite inspiring.
                                                                                                                          Wow, Pelosi looks unbelievable for 80 years of age.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X