This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Keane View Post

The one we bought doesn't seem to be for sale any more but it was this fella:

They're dear enough for the good ones but they're serious pieces of kit. That was probably about €150 when I bought it.

The ones I've seen in places which are just small plastic boxes with little balls in them are shite - they might take half a glass of water out of the atmosphere in a month, the one in the link will pull out 20 litres in a day or two.
    What about this, be nice to get something a little cheaper though like the €100 mark max

This is one from Tesco
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
    Her sky-ness
    © 5starpool

Comment

Yeah those Tesco ones are the sort I was thinking of, we got one and it was total rubbish.

The one in your link is 20l which is similar to the one I linked. If you drop down to a ten litre they seem to be slightly more reasonable so say something like this:

The ones with smaller tanks again are cheaper, might be ok just for stopping mould developing in a room but probably not much good for drying clothes in winter

Comment

Trump twitter account disabled.
        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
          Trump twitter account disabled.
          By himself or by the platform?
          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Suspended

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

By himself or by the platform?
              Twitter have permanently suspended his account.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

Twitter have permanently suspended his account.
                About 5 years too late but good!

Dems full steam ahead on impeachment too.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                  Beautiful, might as well enjoy the LOL's when we can, the bad guys have won, winter is coming and in timeTrump will look like a comic interlude.

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Phil obv
                    Phil and Ulick I've had before

Comment

L
                      Originally posted by limpwhacker View Post

Lance is good tho hadn't heard that one.

Comment

I was saving Rex Magee for you.

Comment

I'd imagine this might be the one act that drives Trump totally over the edge.

Comment

I was saving Rex Magee for you.

Comment

My surname is Magee. Not the first time I've heard it either. Any prizes for guessing what my nickname was as a kid
                              3 labourers on a building side . Murphy Lynch and Mcgee Foreman said hey Lynchie can you bring me over the shovel .
                              Ask Murphy hes closer to it . Hey Murphy can you bring me over that shovel. Murphy sez , ask Mcgee. Foreman sez. Ah ask me bollix I'll get it myself

Comment

Mcpussy?

Comment

Yeah those Tesco ones are the sort I was thinking of, we got one and it was total rubbish.

The one in your link is 20l which is similar to the one I linked. If you drop down to a ten litre they seem to be slightly more reasonable so say something like this:

The ones with smaller tanks again are cheaper, might be ok just for stopping mould developing in a room but probably not much good for drying clothes in winter
                                  No mould just alot of condensation on window every morning. My mother used sleep in that room and nothing so I'm Putting it down to breathing maybe.
                                  Window absolutely dripping wet every morning.
                                  Her sky-ness
                                  © 5starpool

Comment

I don't understand tictoc but I love that
                                    Do you remember David Bowie talking about the artist and the audience being in sympatico and nobody would understand it? That's what's going on here.
                                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                      Mcpussy?
                                      Disappointing effort from someone who usually delivers imo

Comment

Disappointing effort from someone who usually delivers imo

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

how many people not of skin colour are there, and yet here we are with the phrase 'person of colour' - which is apparently now the preferred phrase for non white people.
                                          That’s very different to “gender” though.
                                          Coloured was literally used as collective for people who were non-white.

And I don't understand how most Asian people, such as Chinese, don't count as white, given they clearly have white skin.
                                          Being “white” isn’t about a bit more than the general colour of skin. Certainly don’t think an Asians would feel included with white in its modern meaning.

At some point post war, a group met to discuss a preferred description. Asian was the chosen over other options. One of the other terms in consideration was “yellow” (which I found surprising). Filipinos present voted against it as they considered themselves brown.

Comment

I'd imagine this might be the one act that drives Trump totally over the edge.
                                            Would be good if it becomes a Twitter policy to ban people like this.

I just heard that the guard that Gemma O’Doherty and her followers abused over social media for most of a year killed himself.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post

I just heard that the guard that Gemma O’Doherty and her followers abused over social media for most of a year killed himself.
                                              That was last Monday, btw.
                                              Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post

No mould just alot of condensation on window every morning. My mother used sleep in that room and nothing so I'm Putting it down to breathing maybe.
                                                Window absolutely dripping wet every morning.
                                                I expect that's going to be at its worst currently as the cold weather will exacerbate the condensation. We have similar every morning in our sitting room which has a bunch of windows just from the difference in temperature inside and out. We wheel the duhumid in there many mornings and it clears it up alright. Just opening the windows regularly would do the same thing but not very pleasant at the moment!

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post

Do you remember David Bowie talking about the artist and the audience being in sympatico and nobody would understand it? That's what's going on here.
                                                  I do remember that Bowie stuff and how aspirational and magical it sounded, and I'm trying to be less cynical about popular things in general at the moment so I must actually try and figure it out. Thanks

Comment

Jesus Christ will cunts never get their fucking comeuppance?
                                                    *cathartic sigh*

Comment

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

I don't understand tictoc but I love that
                                                        Mad how this kinda content builds up such a following.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

That was last Monday, btw.
                                                          That's awful.

Comment

At what point we we call it and say that the democratisation of media has been a bad thing? Ah for the days when the conspiracy nut had one or two conspiracies he somehow came across and had nobody to talk to about them who would listen. Now they can gather and storm Capitol Hill.

Comment

Wellerman overload
                                                              His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Who's the shout in the Welsh?

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                  At what point we we call it and say that the democratisation of media has been a bad thing? Ah for the days when the conspiracy nut had one or two conspiracies he somehow came across and had nobody to talk to about them who would listen. Now they can gather and storm Capitol Hill.
                                                                  I was thinking about this exact thing when I saw Trump removed from Twitter.

At what point does rhetoric cross that threshold where it becomes inflammatory enough to justify censorship.

Does his account get banned in the event that the Capitol Building doesn't get stormed but his tweets are exactly the same or is the ban simply reactive to the actions of others.

A difficult issue to navigate

Comment

He didnt kill himself, he just sadly happened to pass away.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

Mad how this kinda content builds up such a following.

https://www.tiktok.com/@miriammullins_?lang=en
                                                                      As we know, it's the children who are wrong. I'm finding that worst case scenario I'm getting many, many 15 second snippets of absolute bangers even if the video they're accompanying is stupid.

Comment

Tough watching Bitcoin from the sidelines after bailing out a couple of week ago. Is $100k the next realistic ceiling?
                                                                        Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

He didnt kill himself, he just sadly happened to pass away.
                                                                          Ah, social media strikes again. Either way Ireland would be a significantly better place if she was removed from social media.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                            Tough watching Bitcoin from the sidelines after bailing out a couple of week ago. Is $100k the next realistic ceiling?
                                                                            I suppose it's plausible that there would be sell orders at a number like 50k?

Comment

TikTok is genuinely class. For those brief moments in the day when you just want to switch off. I just block anything that seems even slightly political or serious. Mostly Irish cunts that want to bring their complaining to a new platform. But 99% of stuff there is mindless upbeat fun.

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Not having a go at you Richie, but it's the misinformation \ disinformation, like your post, that is the real danger, not the platforms themselves.

Topical, as that Irish CNN reporter, Donie O’Sullivan was going on about it during the week and the young scientist winner was detecting 'deepfakes'.

Amazing how easily bad information can spread and mutate like a virus. Most of the mutations happen in peoples heads not on Twitter or Facebook.
                                                                                  Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Seen that wine stair before, or a version. Very good, and piss easy to do, those boxes are available as modular pieces.

Too bad I’ve no stair.

Comment

Dominiteur

sorry about the spelling

Comment

I suppose it's plausible that there would be sell orders at a number like 50k?
                                                                                        I've started mining bitcoin (not exactly mining but selling my processing power). At these prices, profitability fluctuates between 3.5 to 8 quid a day. Just doing it out of curiosity if anything else, but it's a lot of fun so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                                                                          Who's the shout in the Welsh?
                                                                                          Going for Big River as my last bet before Cheltenham (mainly as I can see my time is going to be 100% split between schooling, general parenting duties and somehow getting a flying start at my new job and I won't have time for anything else )

Comment

Going for Big River as my last bet before Cheltenham (mainly as I can see my time is going to be 100% split between schooling, general parenting duties and somehow getting a flying start at my new job and I won't have time for anything else )
                                                                                            What’s the general word in your place regarding back to the office?
                                                                                            Not so much timeline because who knows but do you feel they’re happy with long term WFH for staff?

Comment

Originally posted by balfejohn View Post
                                                                                              Dominiteur

sorry about the spelling
                                                                                              Was top of my shortlist early but went off it completely so that should provide you with all the encouragment you need

I'm laying the fav and ew on Cloudy Glen and YalaEnke
                                                                                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

I've started mining bitcoin (not exactly mining but selling my processing power). At these prices, profitability fluctuates between 3.5 to 8 quid a day. Just doing it out of curiosity if anything else, but it's a lot of fun so far.
                                                                                                How do you do that?

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post

What’s the general word in your place regarding back to the office?
                                                                                                  Not so much timeline because who knows but do you feel they’re happy with long term WFH for staff?
                                                                                                  Depends on the location. NY and London were very much being told to get back into the office before the third wave. Dublin on the other hand has basically been a ghost building for the last 10 months and local management are 100% fine with that.

Lots of non-Irish people went home during the first wave and have now got serious tax issues. That is one thing pushing people back.

Comment

How do you do that?
                                                                                                    Very straightforward with a site called nicehash who essentially brokers your hash power out to the highest bidder.

Comment

I presume above figures have taken into account increased electricity usage as mining obv uses a fair bit.
                                                                                                      Have you checked your leccy bills to reconcile?

How much of your processing power do they access or fo you just restrict them to times when you wont be using computer?

# was reading a bit about the co founder Matjaz Skorjanc
                                                                                                      Did 4 years for a malware program he developed called botnet. Scanned for passwords, bank deets etc.
                                                                                                      Last edited by dinekes; 09-01-21, 16:37.

Comment

Originally posted by dinekes View Post

I presume above figures have taken into account increased electricity usage as mining obv uses a fair bit.
                                                                                                        Have you checked your leccy bills to reconcile?

How much of your processing power do they access or fo you just restrict them to times when you wont be using computer?

# was reading a bit about the co founder Matjaz Skorjanc
                                                                                                        Did 4 years for a malware program he developed called botnet. Scanned for passwords, bank deets etc.
                                                                                                        Crypto world is full of scammers and fraudsters- you don’t have to do much digging

Comment

Depends on the location. NY and London were very much being told to get back into the office before the third wave. Dublin on the other hand has basically been a ghost building for the last 10 months and local management are 100% fine with that.

Lots of non-Irish people went home during the first wave and have now got serious tax issues. That is one thing pushing people back.
                                                                                                          I’ve heard people talk about the tax issues as it was the main thing that stopped a friend of mine travelling during the pandemic.

I’m interested how US firms based here approach it. They must see the benefit of having people not leave offices at 5/6 local time to commute an hour and instead use at least a proportion of that time to communicate with those in the US.

Comment

Not having a go at you Richie, but it's the misinformation \ disinformation, like your post, that is the real danger, not the platforms themselves.

Topical, as that Irish CNN reporter, Donie O’Sullivan was going on about it during the week and the young scientist winner was detecting 'deepfakes'.

Amazing how easily bad information can spread and mutate like a virus. Most of the mutations happen in peoples heads not on Twitter or Facebook.
                                                                                                            Just had an exchange with a mate who put on Facebook an RIP to the Gard and mentioned suicide. I said he didnt kill himself and he called me a GemBot

I tried to explain that spreading misinformation of any kind is bad and he said if its proven that the Gard didn't kill himself he will take it down. Tried to explain that the damage is already done, even if he deleted it and he couldn't see it.

As you say, it's all in the head.

Comment

How does the Ex get to keep the golden boot?

Comment

I admire her carpentry and glazing skilz.

Unless she got someone in to do it, then its not a lockdown project...imo.
                                                                                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

Not meant to be a great spot for the long-term

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                                                    Seen that wine stair before, or a version. Very good, and piss easy to do, those boxes are available as modular pieces.

Too bad I’ve no stair.
                                                                                                                    We've a playroom under ours. It's definitely getting that treatment in the future.

Comment

20k was a very natural ceiling because it was a round number, and also the previous ATH - so you had a tonne of people patiently waiting since 2017 who could finally get out at a profit/even. (I think there was a few from here).

There is no other level that will have the same effect - anyone who has ever bought BTC is hugely in profit so it's hard to think of a figure a sell wall would be constructed at. There isn't much difference in selling at 45k or 48 than 50k.

Comment

So finally feeling a bit chipper..

Basically since last Tue week have had an elevated temp between 100 and 102degs pretty much 24/7 unless suppressing with paracetamol and ibuprofen.

Constant headache from the higher temp, breathing a bit laboured, chills, weird pains that came and went, no energy, no appetite (soup and a few crackers was about all I could eat on daily basis) and no taste or smell.
                                                                                                                        Got worse after about 6 days with cough, pain on inhalation and higher temp.
                                                                                                                        It finally broke on Fri am sometime when I woke up completely soaked in sweat. So fever free now since then so another day or so I can venture out and see how the lungs hold up to a walk.

Worst part about it is the rinse and repeat nature of it.
                                                                                                                        It's not like a normal illness where you feel bad get worse get better.
                                                                                                                        It was pretty much day 1 repeated 10 times with an escalation after day 5.

My routine for the past long while now ...

Close contacts zero
                                                                                                                        Christmas shopping zero
                                                                                                                        Socialising zero
                                                                                                                        Family/Friends met zero

I suppose my part time job in retail put me at high risk despite my Howard Hughes like approach to sanitizing.

Comment

Gr

Very straightforward with a site called nicehash who essentially brokers your hash power out to the highest bidder.
                                                                                                                          Great name for a site. Do they sell grass as well as hash ?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X