This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
    Busy today. I think ye know what I mean so I'm not arsed to delve further .
    I do know what you mean. But I think it’s incorrect for the reasons given.
    Re-writing history on a case by case basis is simply not realistic. Happy to leave it on that note.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
      I hope the plan isn't that as soon as all the old people are vaccinated we should all go out and walk around getting infected. Like I want the virus wiped out, not just that it stops killing old people.

Seems its all about the Astra-Zeneca goodness. For holidays, I'd say June bookings will lead to heartbreak, but may as a result have the best value. August flights, hotels, everything are going to cost the absolute moon.
      I presume that the start is slower because you need to go each nursing home but once it gets past the old people stage we will all going to the vaccine if that makes sense.

Well I hope that a sort of industrial vaccination program is on the cards not everyone book a slot with your GP, I heard they were talking with the GAA about using their grounds.

Comment

I remember a couple of people here mentioning that they bought one of the D'Longhi Dedica espresso machines before.

I bought one but for some reason the larger 2 cup coffee filter isn't working?

Has anyone else had this in the past? Obviously I've exhausted everything on google to figure this out.

The only thing I can think of now is how coarse the coffee might be but not sure.

Comment

Classic IPB.

GAB throws in a request for a knife sharpening device and the conversation meanders effortlessly between how to sharpen knives and how to shoot knife wielders.
          "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
            I remember a couple of people here mentioning that they bought one of the D'Longhi Dedica espresso machines before.

Has anyone else had this in the past? Obviously I've exhausted everything on google to figure this out.

The only thing I can think of now is how coarse the coffee might be but not sure.
            Backflush it out with a blind basket (if you have one) and some Cafiza cleaner. That'll remove limescale, old coffee residue etc.

I remember to do this every year or so. It does make a big difference.
            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Backflush it out with a blind basket (if you have one) and some Cafiza cleaner. That'll remove limescale, old coffee residue etc.

I remember to do this every year or so. It does make a big difference.
              We did this over Christmas and its a ridic difference. Murdrum has probably a more mechanical issue though?

Comment

In other news. I seen that in December, the last cipher letter from the Zodiac killer was decoded. It had stumped the world cryptologists for 51 years. Took a lot of brute force through thousands of permutations.
                gave no clues to his indentured however.

Also in serial killers news. Samuel Little died in prison last week. Responsible for a possible 93 murders (50 confirmed). Which makes him America’s most prolific serial killer ever - more kills that Ted Bundy, John Wayne Gacy, and Jeffery Dahmer combined. Expect he’ll be subject of a Netflix documentary soon.

Comment

1. I've been talking specifically about this instance.
                  2. The death of this man was avoidable
                  3. The coppers job is also to protect ALL life .
                  1. It's not possible to have standard rules of engagement that are case-specific. Otherwise there'd be no objective standard against which to judge the ESU's behaviour.

2. You have absolutely no way of knowing that. They tazed him twice, pepper sprayed him and pleaded with him repeatedly to drop the knife and did not shoot until he lunged for a Garda. If that's all true (and we don't know that yet) then they took all reasonable steps to subdue the man and only fired when the life of a Garda was in direct jeopardy. That is entirely justifiable, if tragic.

3. You said we were missing the word "ALL" in a previous post. Well point 3 here is missing the words "within reason". If someone is running towards a primary school with a machine gun having threatened to kill everyone inside and then refuses to drop the weapon when commanded to do so, is it right to let him run into the building or to shoot? Once you accept that there are grey areas here (and there are) then you need to have rules for how to navigate the use of force. Which brings us back to point 1 above.

Shooting at his body mass to take down a civilian with a crude knife was not protecting all life adequately . This is my view on it and the remit for armed police should be to avoid administering a death penalty unless there is definite mortal danger . There is a part of me the feels if it were me with the knife I would be alive today .
                  Two things here. First, you appear to be accepting that if the shooter believed his colleague was in mortal danger that he was right to shoot. That's literally what the rules of engagement require of him. You are accepting a point that has been made regularly here but which you previously seemed to reject.

Second, your last sentence brings a racial element in to this for which (as of yet) there is no basis. It's an Americanisation of an Irish issue. We know American cops disproportionately shoot black people in shocking situations where there's no actual threat. A black person is shot here by AGS, therefore the same must apply? No. That's nonsense. It may well transpire that the shooter was, in part or in whole, motivated by racial animus. Or it may transpire that it was a real and genuine fear for the life of his fellow officer. It may transpire that, while the belief of the shooter was genuine, an objective assessment shows he was overly hasty or careless. There's any number of potential outcomes. But wild speculation about the motivations of the parties involved doesn't advance things one inch.

We seem to agree that there are situations where it is justifiable to use potentially lethal force. Whether or not this was one of those situations is something nobody here can say. That's for GSOC and any other inquiries established to discover.

You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                  World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

We did this over Christmas and its a ridic difference. Murdrum has probably a more mechanical issue though?
                    Thanks RD3 I’ll order one of them either way.

It arrived this week so not a limescale issue but not sure what’s up.
                    It works completely fine with single shot filter but double shot filter something isn’t working.

Perhaps it’s not mechanical either because the issue arises no matter if I press the single or double shot button so it’s a filter issue.

Ill try grind the coffee finer and order a second filter along with what RD3 said. The effort of shipping it back to Amazon makes me want to get it working.

Zodiac is the only unsolved murder type case I find interesting because for some largely unknown reason I happen to love the movie

Comment

So IPB are we racist in Ireland ? The cesspit of online comments I've read this week is really depressing reading.
                      it is somewhat of an eye opening even at my age.

For Kayroo . If someone is shot dead , its avoidable . A choice was made . I don't need to be there . Even the high level bare facts say to me , he doesnt deserve the fatal bullet.
                      anyway its irrelevant what I think but I am unmoved in my view .
                      Mental health is becoming a bigger problem in Ireland. It needs to be treated separately to terrorist attacks. Back to my seafood chowder . Good ol Aldi.

Comment

Coffee wankers

Comment

So IPB are we racist in Ireland ? The cesspit of online comments I've read this week is really depressing reading.
                          it is somewhat of an eye opening even at my age.
                          there is definitley a dark underbelly there.
                          The cesspit is a relatively small percentage of the population though.
                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

This is like Downfall in Washington right now. The Fuhrer about to go onstage and whip up the remaining loyal troops while simultaneously lashing out in all directions against his henchmen.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

there is definitely a dark underbelly there.
                              The cesspit is a relatively small percentage of the population though.
                              The vocal cesspit is a small percentage. The Cesspit as a whole is bigger than we think i feel.

Twitter has been my favourite and only medium for 10 years now. Don't even post but have always loved it. How have they not done something about Anon accounts posting lies, hatred and abuse at this stage? It is at its worst at the moment and is quite depressing reading. There's clearly a lot of pent up anger over the last year.

PSVs idea of shooting it unto the sun is a good one but it will just drive that traffic elsewhere. I always wonder do i know anyone that has an anon account and uses it.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58

There is an underbelly but they (rightly) don’t get any airtime - Twitter and YouTube need to do more but it’s fringe stuff

On the other side there is far too much time given to certain academics and NGO/Quangos whose raisin d’etre seems to be painting Ireland as an instutionally racist hellhole on par with the US and apartheid South Africa and who seem determined to import the worst type of Twitter shite into discussions about race in Ireland. This isn’t helping anyone
                                Ah there he is as i was posting.

It's not just what they are posting. It is who is reading it. I take my father as a(non-racist) example. I introduced him to twitter about 3 years ago. He's been a long term Anti FFer which is perfectly fine given his experience over the last 60+ years in his life but has now gone full two footed anti establishment. His arguments were always coherent and based on factual content from reputable(ish) news sources.

I've noticed some amount of horseshit in his arguments over the last while to the point i can't listen and it's led to arguments. Jumped on his twitter to see who he was following and was annoyed but when i checked what posts he was liking i couldn't believe it. Really floored me. Has no idea he is caught in a horrendous echo chamber, some of which is non factual and some of which is anon accounts. The 'Home' feed tweets instead of 'latest' feed is a horrific tool if used the wrong way and should be disabled.

Comment

I had same issue where the coffee was too finely ground and too tightly packed
                                  Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                  https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58
                                    And not saying there isn’t an ocean of racism on social media just that the Irish figures driving it are very much fringe figures of ridicule- Rowan croft (gran Torino) , Gemma o d, Justin Barrett
                                    I've see the likes of gript being referenced as a trusted news source a lot more in the last week or so
                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by mocata View Post

I had same issue where the coffee was too finely ground and too tightly packed
                                      Now that I read it back, I realise I’m an idiot and I tried coffee too fine instead of more coarse.

I’ll try that and if it doesn’t work, I’m hopping onboard the PSV Bezos hate train

Comment

Now that I read it back, I realise I’m an idiot and I tried coffee too fine instead of more coarse.

I’ll try that and if it doesn’t work, I’m hopping onboard the PSV Bezos hate train
                                        are you grinding your own beans?

Comment

I've see the likes of gript being referenced as a trusted news source a lot more in the last week or so
                                          It's been posted here before, by Hotspur if I recall correctly

Comment

No state exams in NI this year. Schools here to close a few weeks, but LC students will be allowed back on a three day week, from Monday.
                                            Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Mitt Romney, Susan Collins and all other purple senators hiding behind Mitch surely sweating this run off, funking for either Red control, or blue control, a 50/50 puts them all firmly in the firing line on any contentious vote.
                                              This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                              All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                              The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

About as reputable as.....

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                  Mitt Romney, Susan Collins and all other purple senators hiding behind Mitch surely sweating this run off, funking for either Red control, or blue control, a 50/50 puts them all firmly in the firing line on any contentious vote.
                                                  the VP breaks any 50/50 tie

so 50/50 (which is what it is) is actually a Dem majority

Comment

the VP breaks any 50/50 tie

so 50/50 (which is what it is) is actually a Dem majority
                                                    Yeah but is there anyway the 50/50 could be used to put pressure on Fake Purple Senators like Collins? Mitt is a shoe in cos Mormons are weird.
                                                    This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                    All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                    The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post

Yeah but is there anyway the 50/50 could be used to put pressure on Fake Purple Senators like Collins? Mitt is a shoe in cos Mormons are weird.
                                                      I'd say he retires anyway.

Comment

anyone have an idea how much an understairs jacks runs?
                                                        Meant to be closing on a house mid jan but we care for the FIL in and he wont make it up and down the stairs

Comment

anyone have an idea how much an understairs jacks runs?
                                                          Meant to be closing on a house mid jan but we care for the FIL in and he wont make it up and down the stairs
                                                          Bit like asking how much doea a car cost.

It there one there (or at least a waste pipe and water access already)?

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

Bit like asking how much doea a car cost.

It there one there (or at least a waste pipe and water access already)?
                                                            it's a semi d with a waste pipe / shore just at the wall at the side.
                                                            I don't think it needs a saniflow job

Comment

Trump literally proposing a coup at the moment

Comment

Trump literally proposing a coup at the moment
                                                                'at the moment'?

he's been telling the world that the election was null and void (if he lost) for at least a year now!

Comment

'at the moment'?

he's been telling the world that the election was null and void (if he lost) for at least a year now!
                                                                  Planning on marching on the capitol to pressure the count

Comment

We're currently recruiting here, one position open for an ocean clerk, standard enough stuff, some experience required, etc

We just got a legit application in from some young one in the UK whose only job experience is down as a paranormal investigator.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post

We're currently recruiting here, one position open for an ocean clerk, standard enough stuff, some experience required, etc

We just got a legit application in from some young one in the UK whose only job experience is down as a paranormal investigator.

Did you have reference to 'transporting spirits'?

Comment

You can watch the joint session live here: https://www.washingtonpost.com/

Comment

This lockdown is already harder . The youngest is terrorizing the oldest and has no fear of me at all . Eldest fellow takes all the punishment but wont fight back. Can you get a mini tazer for a 4 year old ? He is a beast so I'll probably have to fire a body shot off. At my wits end with the little shite. Full on . Work is impossible

Comment

You want to be careful there, the talent pool among that lot can vary wildly

gb_main.jpg?fit=620%2C370.jpg

ghostbusters-2016.jpg?w=800.jpg

Comment

Main cost will be labour so if you know anyone that would reduce costs a lot. Toilet/Sink etc only a couple of hundred max.

Comment

I hope you’re a gentleman and respond.

Nothing worst than being ghosted

Comment

Mitch McConnell standing up to be counted and looks like he's about to give Trump the two fingers judging by his opening remarks....

Comment

Wow, he's laying it on thick. 'FU Trump' is the message for sure.

Comment

You know that there are loads of grants available therough the HSE under the umbrella of homecare. ITs more than a decade ago but I recovered 75% of the cost of a 10K bathroom conversion and fitout. You need to talk to the Public Health Nurse and get an occupational Therapist to do an assessment and that will open the purse strings.
                                                                                      There are some great supports available for keeping people at home and there is no need to be carrying it all on your own.

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Depending on your spec
                                                                                        low end bout 2-3 grand supplied and fitted
                                                                                        high end ie wall hung toilet fully tiled and nice vanity bout 3.5-4.5 grand
                                                                                        again these are dependent on size of area you are planning
                                                                                        can get one of the teams I work a good with to call you to discuss if you wish
                                                                                        they are fully insured and would be doing jobs like this all year round
                                                                                        i can supply materials to you if you wish

Comment

The bro is sending his kid to childcare on the grounds that hes an essential worker as he's an accountant. And it seems accountancy is indeed an essential service. I was delicately suggesting to him that (a) there was no point shutting the schools to contain corona if people are still sending the kids out the door, and (b) he hasn't been in his office for nearly a year. His line is that hes doing an essential service from home and therefore is entitled to avail of it.

Comment

These protestors in Washington probably see themselves as brave revolutionaries for the cause. Watch them all fuck off for a barrel of fried chicken once they get hungry.

Comment

The bro is sending his kid to childcare on the grounds that hes an essential worker as he's an accountant. And it seems accountancy is indeed an essential service. I was delicately suggesting to him that (a) there was no point shutting the schools to contain corona if people are still sending the kids out the door, and (b) he hasn't been in his office for nearly a year. His line is that hes doing an essential service from home and therefore is entitled to avail of it.
                                                                                              Long-term exposure to such an accountant could be very damaging to a child. Probably best to put them in childcare.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post

SatNav This is Us update

D'Mudder has completed all rest of the available episodes. However, as it's a new episode every week now, and she can't just click next, she has thrown a temper tantrum and apparently hates it.
                                                                                                18 eps per season, she did a right binge​​​​​​

I'm loving it. My mother also on it too now.

Tell her save them up lol

Her sky-ness
                                                                                                © 5starpool

Comment

These protestors in Washington probably see themselves as brave revolutionaries for the cause. Watch them all fuck off for a barrel of fried chicken once they get hungry.
                                                                                                  Real bang of “coup” off this.

All a bit mad

Comment

Hmmm, so I just got a new job and am taking my most trusted colleague with me. Pretty much bang on the 'move roles within 3 years or else you're wasting your time' timeline too. Although only an internal move so not quite as sexy.

Might be a cause to drink Saturday wine on a Wednesday.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post

Real bang of “coup” off this.

All a bit mad
                                                                                                      A proper coup would have stuff like organisation. And secret plotting.

These fools are as stupid as they look. They couldn't organise a coup in their local Rotary club.

Comment

What the hell is an ocean clerk?

I was just idly watching the film Red Lights there about paranormal investigators.

Comment

These fools are as stupid as they look. They couldn't organise a coup in their local Rotary club.
                                                                                                          Cruz playing to the mob.
                                                                                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Look at this genius.

Comment

As many coups have been by opportunism as strategy.

Comment

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post

As many coups have been by opportunism as strategy.
                                                                                                                  This is likely to (quite hilariously) end with MAGAts complaining about police brutality and calling for defunding of law enforcement

Comment

This lockdown is already harder . The youngest is terrorizing the oldest and has no fear of me at all . Eldest fellow takes all the punishment but wont fight back. Can you get a mini tazer for a 4 year old ? He is a beast so I'll probably have to fire a body shot off. At my wits end with the little shite. Full on . Work is impossible
                                                                                                                    Throw a net over him

Comment

The GOP and their cowardly handling and support of Trump has been one of the most idiotic miscalculations in modern US political history . The big worry is the rock has been lifted and every racist nutjob that crawled out will not let go of Trumpism. Atrocities await. On the plus side 'most' people reject his reign of blather.
                                                                                                                      Didnt take long

Comment

remarkably unprepared for something the world could see coming

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

You know that there are loads of grants available therough the HSE under the umbrella of homecare. ITs more than a decade ago but I recovered 75% of the cost of a 10K bathroom conversion and fitout. You need to talk to the Public Health Nurse and get an occupational Therapist to do an assessment and that will open the purse strings.
                                                                                                                          There are some great supports available for keeping people at home and there is no need to be carrying it all on your own.
                                                                                                                          Ah I know, but I need it on day one and the grant cannot be applied retrospectivly.
                                                                                                                          We have feelers out but the general idea is I'll have to cover this and go for grants for stairlifts etc

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X