This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

I think I'm going to take a risk on it. Works out at about €270 if bought from UK version of Moss Bros and will then get hefty tailoring done. I presume Zegna wouldn't allow crap out there.
    Setback might not- but Zeyna might

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

The centras in the ifsc with their mix of unmasked school kids and builders must be among the most dangerous places in the city.
      Anywhere around Dublin where there is a site nearby. In my job, we deal with lads from Derry, Galway, Kerry. All over the country and all coming to Dublin for work. Packed vans, no masks and dirty bastards. Walk past any site in Dublin and the amount of yellow reg cars is mad. There was 4 sites we deliver to shut down when they reopened last time and I'm yet to see guidelines being followed on any site I deliver to bar 1 which was very strict.

It was fine in April, construction got shut down and I didn't have to deal with them. I'll be expected in work next Monday with cases heading for 2k+

As I said, half arsing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

Great docu on Ozzie on right now .
        First talking head Rick Rubin, says Ozzie changed everything, I lol'd heartily and switched it off.

He's the Joe Pasquale of rock music only half as funny and with a quarter the talent
        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

I think I'm going to take a risk on it. Works out at about €270 if bought from UK version of Moss Bros and will then get hefty tailoring done. I presume Zegna wouldn't allow crap out there.
          Measuring myself for this - My waist has risen since August from a 30 to a 36, chest from 38 to 40. Left hospital at 63kg. Natural weight was always almost spot on 66kg - same for my brother and dad. Now I'm at 78kg. Must be something weird following the operation, medication, or maybe just eating more after quitting smoking. But before no matter how much I weighed I couldn't go over 66kg. Maybe it was a high heart beat that was using up all the excess energy before. Still in the 'normal' weight category though as was in an underweight category before.
          "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by DeeBrown View Post

If it's not too late pull back on this and get the Logitech MX Master 3.

It's essentially just a new version of yours
            but uses a magnetic scrolling system
            which makes the scroll wheel way smoother.

Yes I know, could I be a duller nerd!!!
            This - is just a glorious piece of art. wow. What a beautiful and amazing idea.

Anyone any idea on an amazing keyboard, as seems churlish to have the mouse but not the keyboard?

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

First talking head Rick Rubin, says Ozzie changed everything, I lol'd heartily and switched it off.

He's the Joe Pasquale of rock music only half as funny and with a quarter the talent
              Gawd you are very precious.

It's a documentary not a rockumentary. Its fascinating actually . Should be dead , the man.

Joe who?

Comment

Measuring myself for this - My waist has risen since August from a 30 to a 36, chest from 38 to 40. Left hospital at 63kg. Natural weight was always almost spot on 66kg - same for my brother and dad. Now I'm at 78kg. Must be something weird following the operation, medication, or maybe just eating more after quitting smoking. But before no matter how much I weighed I couldn't go over 66kg. Maybe it was a high heart beat that was using up all the excess energy before. Still in the 'normal' weight category though as was in an underweight category before.
                Its 100% giving up the cigarettes for most part I'd say. I've put on 6kg since giving up in August/September bringing me overweight on BMI chart. Are you restricted in the amount of strenuous exercise you can partake in because of your ticker? (VR Headset not included)
                Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Mustard View Post

Its 100% giving up the cigarettes for most part I'd say. I've put on 6kg since giving up in August/September bringing me overweight on BMI chart. Are you restricted in the amount of strenuous exercise you can partake in because of your ticker? (VR Headset not included)
                  ha, no, no real restrictions on exercise. Just went through a six week programme in the gym in St Vincents where you wear monitors while doing exercise to work out ideal exercise patterns. Their official line after someone getting a replacement valve is that your heart is perfect, you just want to try to actually do the cardio exercises that everyone will do as its particularly important to not have any other heart issues. Its the getting out of the house is the issue maybe. Its so fecking cold out there!

Thats interesting about the cigs, and well done on joining the smoke free world! The wife has just given them up also - a ridiculous saving of about €500 a month at French prices, but would have cost about €700 at Irish prices. What were we all thinking?!

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                    #GeorgeNkencho is a fucking cesspit.

Whilst obviously not a fan of police shootings,
                    a car chase, pepper spray, taser and warning shots didn't stop him swingin a machete.
                    I dunno what else they could have done.
                    I intially thought riot shields would have been the way to go but the guards appear to have done
                    every reasonable method of force escalating up to shooting.
                    Or course, comparing it to every incident where the other party didn't end up dead makes for dicey reading
                    Something to avoid clicking into in a few WhatsApp groups

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

Black Sabbath is widely considered to be the birth of metal.
                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

If we went to dig into the genre . It was Deep Purple . Nothing before them to speak of . After them Sabbath, Zepplin etc were a little lighter .

all opinion of course . For me machine head was a ground breaker .

Comment

One particularly popular hot take I saw this morning was: if you see a black person having a mental breakdown don't call the police on them as they'll be shot.

You get the impression some people would love to be living in Detroit so they could be out marching.

Comment

If we went to dig into the genre . It was Deep Purple . Nothing before them to speak of . After them Sabbath, Zepplin etc were a little lighter .

all opinion of course . For me machine head was a ground breaker .
                            Took me a second....at first I thought you meant the band...WTF is he on...oooh ya the album

Comment

Inspired me to listen to it on a run. Deadly.

Comment

One particularly popular hot take I saw this morning was: if you see a black person having a mental breakdown don't call the police on them as they'll be shot.

You get the impression some people would love to be living in Detroit so they could be out marching.
                                Having a mental breakdown is one thing. Attacking people with a lethal weapon is another.
                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Think this shooting incident will be a big eye opener for some people wrt to some of the “truth seekers” and “activists on Twitter” in addition to some of the race baiting politicians and activists who get far too much air time just because of their Twitter following
                                  Media organisations need to be reminded that Twitter is not representative of public opinion- it’s a completely gamed waste off space that needs to be actively censored due to the amount of bad actors and propaganda on it

Comment

Comment

A couple of well trained dogs might have immobilised him pretty quick and saved his life.
                                      Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Or 1 stun grenade

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                          Or 1 stun grenade
                                          Like a flash bang?

Because I thought the same at first, as a few months (could be nearly a year) back in Hartstown they used flash bangs on a guy that had killed his wife with a samurai sword. He was still inside, this guy appeared to be outside so not sure they'd work.

Comment

If anyone is near a SuperValu, there is ridic value atm on fillet steak. 17.50/KG, the piece i got had no chain or tails, just the center cut, very little waste, was going to do steaks but decided on a Wellington.

€22 for that.

PXL_20201231_143636968.jpg
                                            This too shall pass.

Comment

The killing of georgie part 2 .

Comment

Feckin gluten free puff she picked up by mistake, coudent figure out why it was crumbling in my hands...thought it was the whiskey.
                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

Comment

I'll bring the wine Ole

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                      If anyone is near a SuperValu, there is ridic value atm on fillet steak. 17.50/KG, the piece i got had no chain or tails, just the center cut, very little waste, was going to do steaks but decided on a Wellington.

€22 for that.

PXL_20201231_143636968.jpg
                                                      We're doing mini Wellingtons this evening as it's just the two of us. If I had seen this post last night, I'd definitely have lumped for a full size one at that price.

Comment

Why or how did Saorise McHugh always get such media coverage?

Some mad videos on twitter today. Weird mentality to live stream yourself in a mob.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post

We're doing mini Wellingtons this evening as it's just the two of us. If I had seen this post last night, I'd definitely have lumped for a full size one at that price.

dd0.jpg
                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Haha PSV, you gonna love this...

Comment

A less shit 2021 to all.

Feeling optimistic that normality will return faster than our social graces.

Comment

Haha PSV, you gonna love this...
                                                                Nothing wrong with the name really. Plenty of Josephs about the place despite Stalin. I'd more associate it with the inventor of the saxophone than the politician.
                                                                Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                  A less shit 2021 to all.

Feeling optimistic that normality will return faster than our social graces.
                                                                  Kinda hoping there will be a backlog in testing for STDs after a fun summer

Comment

Anyone got any New Year resolutions and do you keep them? I always write mine down to review and I've accomplished 2/5 from last year/for this year.
                                                                    Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Anyone got any New Year resolutions and do you keep them? I always write mine down to review and I've accomplished 2/5 from last year/for this year.
                                                                      Only way to achieve anything meaningful is to break it down into the smallest actionable task possible tbh. Big Ole Ambiguous Visionary Goals are great but execution is all that matters.

Reason most people don't ever meet their goals is the inability to break them down. So they get overwhelmed, and then just ignore them to avoid the anxiety.

I know you more asked about where people keep their goals stated but the above was massive for me tbh.
                                                                      This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                      All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                      The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                        Feckin gluten free puff she picked up by mistake, coudent figure out why it was crumbling in my hands...thought it was the whiskey.
                                                                        Back to the shops with her ! Bad idea starting on the top shelf rather then finishing with the whiskry..Dinner was planned for 5ish..Still, not Lazare time, as the ball drops...anyways..

Meat seared.

PXL_20201231_145209747.jpg

No chestnut mushrooms just white.

PXL_20201231_163304411.jpg

PXL_20201231_165435481.jpg

Beef added and wrapped up tight.

PXL_20201231_165728006.jpg

PXL_20201231_185047456.jpg

And done.

PXL_20201231_193645370.jpg

Soggy bottom like the best of us...lol

PXL_20201231_195321871.jpg

PXL_20201231_195429915.jpg

Hope everyone has a very happy new year !

This too shall pass.

Comment

Nice one Ole, that's stunning.

I've a curry made, just putting naan on now. Late lunch.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post

Only way to achieve anything meaningful is to break it down into the smallest actionable task possible tbh. Big Ole Ambiguous Visionary Goals are great but execution is all that matters.

Reason most people don't ever meet their goals is the inability to break them down. So they get overwhelmed, and then just ignore them to avoid the anxiety.

I know you more asked about where people keep their goals stated but the above was massive for me tbh.
                                                                            I said similar to herself earlier when we chatted about New Years Goals.

She mentioned something she heard recently about following that idea but having a one word type of skew to it.

So perhaps your goals are based on an underlying effort at "Creativity", "Calm" or "Structure".

FWIW I cant remember any time where I set goals for the new year but I think I'll try come up with a few pretty achievable ones this year.

I just thought the above was a pretty interesting way of looking at it.

Comment

Literally the first thing I do in the New Year will be to take a Covid test!!

Comment

Funny you mention that...eat less red met, meat in general, I do enjoy veg but will be having meat free days.

Need to lose a serious amount of weight, im sure the above may help somewhat...
                                                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by dinekes View Post
                                                                                  Literally the first thing I do in the New Year will be to take a Covid test!!
                                                                                  Already booked?

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post

I said similar to herself earlier when we chatted about New Years Goals.

She mentioned something she heard recently about following that idea but having a one word type of skew to it.

So perhaps your goals are based on an underlying effort at "Creativity", "Calm" or "Structure".

FWIW I cant remember any time where I set goals for the new year but I think I'll try come up with a few pretty achievable ones this year.

I just thought the above was a pretty interesting way of looking at it.
                                                                                    Thats interesting!

So like "Structure" might be concentrating on maybe getting up at the same time for a week or two until that habit is built?
                                                                                    Then perhaps block booking time in your work calendar for specific things you always want to, but never get done for the next week.
                                                                                    And then maybe attending one gym session for the next few weeks.
                                                                                    Etc etc. Cadence and Velocity mileage may vary obviously.

I don't usually set goals for new years specifically, I do set them a lot throughout the year in small chunks though. I actually find that not having the overarching visionary goal actually stunts me sometimes. I like your idea above.

One of my main goals for this year is to max out my current RRSP (retirement savings plan) and TFSA(tax free savings account) room.
                                                                                    To do this I plan on taking major advantage at tax return time and then consistent deposits throughout the year.

Another was to get to a scratch cap, but unfortunately we got a puppy a few weeks ago so my summer of 4 or 5 rounds a week is probably dead as a dodo.

Gonna spend some time today and tomorrow thinking, theres a few things I want to do, the plan is to figure out how to define the goal, and then break it down into chunks I can act on week by week. One you have that done, the rest is tenacity.
                                                                                    This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                    All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                    The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post

Focus is key too. I don't really do annual, more monthly, weekly but very easy to half do too many.

the cal newport time block approach is excellent too. Systems > goals
                                                                                      Last edited by Denny Crane; 31-12-20, 21:00.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

Already booked?
                                                                                        Tomorrow morning.
                                                                                        Symptomatic since Tue, GP consult Wed

Comment

My wife asked the same over dinner tonight. Mine is to move to a minimum of 2 days eating fish per week from the one currently.

She pointed out that I really like fish so that’s a reward nor a resolution. She’s right 2021 is already looking good.

Comment

Tomorrow morning.

Just meant you'd be unlikely to get one tomorrow if you were only looking for it today. General nosey parker question really

Comment

I've a very difficult New Years resolution. When the kids dont want to eat their dinner I will toss it out instead of zapping it in the micro and de ouring it between 2 slices of bread. That's from tomorrow on. Right now its chicken nugget sandwiches .

Comment

Comment

I've a very difficult New Years resolution. When the kids dont want to eat their dinner I will toss it out instead of zapping it in the micro and de ouring it between 2 slices of bread. That's from tomorrow on. Right now its chicken nugget sandwiches .
                                                                                                  I tend to stick on an extra 2 fishfingers and waffles when I’m making Luke’s dinner (the misses may make better balanced dinners)

nice snack to have before we get our dinner at 9 but its one of the reasons I’m a little more festive shaped this year.

Comment

Not one for resolutions but I really want to get my fitness back. Dropped so much since July when the baby was born. Found things really difficult on the running front with 3x young kids. That and the motivation dropping with races being cancelled. Dropped from averaging 60km a week to averaging less than 20.

Have made a plan for it. Gonna aim to run before work Mon to Thurs.
                                                                                                    No drinking Fri night and an early morn long run on Saturdays. Have been doing that bit successfully for a few months already.

Want to drink less on Sat nights too. Sick of being badly hungover on Sundays. Thats seperate to running/fitness goals though. I'm full of life and energy with my wife and kids on a Saturday. Need to be that way on a Sunday.

Comment

Not one for resolutions but I really want to get my fitness back. Dropped so much since July when the baby was born. Found things really difficult on the running front with 3x young kids. That and the motivation dropping with races being cancelled. Dropped from averaging 60km a week to averaging less than 20.

Have made a plan for it. Gonna aim to run before work Mon to Thurs.
                                                                                                      No drinking Fri night and an early morn long run on Saturdays. Have been doing that bit successfully for a few months already.

Want to drink less on Sat nights too. Sick of being badly hungover on Sundays. Thats seperate to running/fitness goals though. I'm full of life and energy with my wife and kids on a Saturday. Need to be that way on a Sunday.
                                                                                                      Mystery injury the past couple of months . Two physios couldn't help. Currently with an American hippy in Athgoe . Progress being made . Strange knee injury. I can walk for 100 yards or so then the knee is agony I can then shake it off and walk for another while. Rinse repeat indefinitely.

Dr Mark Sonnenberg , Harmonic Confluence Healing Arts. So far only one who had made Inroads . Would love to get back jogging soon. Cycling every day weather permitting but love running in shite weather . .

Comment

Tomorrow morning.

What's your symptoms?

I've developed a cough but haven't been out of the house in a week.

Comment

The second of Steve McQueen's Small Axe films Lover's Rock is a last minute contender that snatches the best Movie or TV show and the you can throw in the best music of the year.

Incredible... Ladbroke grove 1980 wasn't all that different from Moyne Road 1980 and McQueen captures something really special highlight of the year.

Comment

All the best for '21 I hope we can keep this show n the road

Comment

Mystery injury the past couple of months . Two physios couldn't help. Currently with an American hippy in Athgoe . Progress being made . Strange knee injury. I can walk for 100 yards or so then the knee is agony I can then shake it off and walk for another while. Rinse repeat indefinitely.

Dr Mark Sonnenberg , Harmonic Confluence Healing Arts. So far only one who had made Inroads . Would love to get back jogging soon. Cycling every day weather permitting but love running in shite weather . .
                                                                                                              Ah that's shit Willie. Although, good to hear you've found a physio that seems to be getting to the root of it. Nothing more frustrating than a mystery injury.

Comment

27 stars on the flag now.

No more transition bullshit, you're on your own fuckers.

Comment

27 stars on the flag now.

No more transition bullshit, you're on your own fuckers.

Comment

not exactly steaming out of Hong Kong harbour on the Royal yacht is it?

Comment

HOOTENANNY

Comment

not exactly steaming out of Hong Kong harbour on the Royal yacht is it?
                                                                                                                        The entire project looks shabby petty and sad and most of all full of uncertainty.

My Prediction is that whenever Labour get into power in 3 or 7 years they will realign initially on Norwegian terms rejoining in about a decade

Comment

Fuck me, watching Jools Holland. Finally turned into Lazare. HNY all.

Edit - hadn't seen your post Laz

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X