Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy Christmas ya filthy animals. Tough scene DP hope everyone is ok. Happened to a mate of mine his Op Manager got it and was notified as CC yesterday. Anecdotally hearing more people I know getting it or close contact.
    His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Oh man that sucks.

Thought it was fairly shit yesterday when the Indo wrote an article about how the agri minister was a shit head for going to Sheridans to buy cheese while waiting for a regularly scheduled test and gave no mention of the poor lad missing Christmas with his two kids.

And I don't even know that guy.

Hope it's still fun and the last Christmas like it DP.
        "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
          Oh man that sucks.
          Did the brother get a result from his test?
          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

Did the brother get a result from his test?
            Yeah they were quick. He's good.

Woke up with allergies today and the anti-histamine doesn't seem to be working. If I didn't get it every week since moving back to Dublin, you'd swear it was covid. So there will be a delicate reassuring act with the extended family.
            "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Happy Christmas everyone!

My wife brought our six week old for a checkup this week and the doctor said that this wave of covid is far more noticeable and impactful than the earlier ones, he's seen way more people in the area (D18) coming in with symptoms and subsequently getting positive results. It's a bit mad out there, so be careful folks.

Comment

Tweet

Stan Collymore
                @StanCollymore

Ursula von Der Leyen quoted Shakespeare, spoke in 3 languages and acted with dignity and humility.

Boris Johnson said "that's it from Brussels, now for the sprouts".

An apt contrast as to what Britain now is.

Comment

In keeping with recent trends my Christmas pressie is news of No 2 Grandchild and two hard fought for grand nephew nieces due in the Summer.

Covid feels like it is closing in all around hopefully we can all survive these last few months of it and have the bestest summer ever.
                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by DeeBrown View Post
                    Jingle Bells to all ye feckers and rejoice in being around your loved ones.
                    Happy Christmas DeeBrown.

I finally Googled "Happy Christmas ya filthy animals" last night as I had only ever come across it from you lot and wondered why it had become a thing with us. I've never seen a Home Alone film for some reason.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post

Happy Christmas DeeBrown.

I finally Googled "Happy Christmas ya filthy animals" last night as I had only ever come across it from you lot and wondered why it had become a thing with us. I've never seen a Home Alone film for some reason.
                      Angel's with filthier faces ( or dirtier) is where the quote is from.

Comment

Happy Christmas all

Was even more ridic busy than usual in shop yesterday (all the last minute presents) so was glad to get home and put the feet up.

Heading out for a run in a bit in the nice crisp air..build up an appetite.
                        Having Christmas on my own this year which is grand by the way (have done it before)...have crown of turkey etc.

Miscalculated my beer supply (as in drank way too much last night) plenty of vino though.

May head over to brothers at some point (for a beer reup) after dinner but probably just veg on couch watching films.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

Angel's with filthier faces ( or dirtier) is where the quote is from.
                          Angel's with filthy souls. Not a real film, it was made just for Home Alone. It is based on an actual film called Angel's with dirty faces though.

Watched Home Alone again last night. Such a great film.

Comment

Originally posted by dinekes View Post
                            Happy Christmas all

Having Christmas on my own this year which is grand by the way (have done it before)...have crown of turkey etc.

Sounds like heaven tbh

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post

Angel's with filthy souls. Not a real film, it was made just for Home Alone. It is based on an actual film called Angel's with dirty faces though.

Watched Home Alone again last night. Such a great film.
                              No way that's kind of class . All these years I thought it was a real movie . Even came up in a family trivia game a few years back. Reminds me of when my brother broke down crying laughing when after years of quoting the holy grail whilst drunk he never copped the castle guards were pronouncing Knights as Kaaniggetts . When he finally realised he wet himself simple things eh

Comment

Happy Christmas everyone.
                                I'm here with a nintendo switch taking over the tv and a very loud microphone being roared into.
                                Kids are such fun!!!
                                'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

No way that's kind of class . All these years I thought it was a real movie . Even came up in a family trivia game a few years back. Reminds me of when my brother broke down crying laughing when after years of quoting the holy grail whilst drunk he never copped the castle guards were pronouncing Knights as Kaaniggetts . When he finally realised he wet himself simple things eh
                                  Yeah, you can see Angel's with filthy souls written on the video he pops into the player. It may actually be a quote from the film it's based on but that was made in the 20s or 30s so I've no idea about it.

Comment

And Angel's with even filthier souls just made and appearance in Home alone 2.

Comment

Food coma. Happy Christmas all.

Spent day chopping,cooking,serving, eating and clearing up. Roll on tomorrows day of football, nags, beer and most importantly peace & quiet

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                        Food coma. Happy Christmas all.

Spent day chopping,cooking,serving, eating and clearing up. Roll on tomorrows day of football, nags, beer and most importantly peace & quiet
                                        Literally opened my first drink of the day.
                                        Considering past Xmas Day's consisted of whiskey and a selection box for breakfast, it's quite the change.
                                        Black forest stout was the only thing in the fridge as well.
                                        ​​​​​​​I'm a shadow of the man I was. Fucking adulthood
                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Pack of crisps on Christmas night is a traditional treat for me. Rounds it off nicely with a Guinness and fk Covid , I missed slagging my various siblings . Zoom doesnt cut it . My kids are great but so are my nieces and nephews but they are lousy Zoomers .

Comment

What site were you guys using to buy en primeur wines on and any advice on good picks.

forgot my brother in laws 40th is coming up in a few days and he likes his wines. This seems like an easy to order online and pretend I put a lot of thought into it present.

Comment

I'm not sure who needs to hear this but turkey legs, deboned, filled with stuffing, rolled and tied and then cooked in the oven.

If you don't already know, you can thank me this time next year.

Just had my first leftover sambo, sweet Jebus, it was delish.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                What site were you guys using to buy en primeur wines on and any advice on good picks.

forgot my brother in laws 40th is coming up in a few days and he likes his wines. This seems like an easy to order online and pretend I put a lot of thought into it present.
                                                I use Millesima but am sure there is others plus some good wine shops allow you to order through them.

Just check delivery dates before you pull the trigger as some may not deliver for months or even 2022.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post

I use Millesima but am sure there is others plus some good wine shops allow you to order through them.

Just check delivery dates before you pull the trigger as some may not deliver for months or even 2022.
                                                    Perfect, figured I would get him some bottles of good stuff that will be delivered staggered over a spread of time

Comment

Stephen's morning and not a text about a horse received. Sad times. Similar situation to a few here and isolating as a close contact. Won't be missing a race today.

I prefer playing other people's darts though as my own are brutal.

@dice, Pat, Balfe or Gab or anyone else? Anything you fancy and would share?

Comment

My young man, he's 6, started coughing yesterday evening, had a temperature and has a sore throat, same this morning. Waiting for a nurse to call us back now.
                                                        We've been really careful up until a couple of days ago when we let him see his cousins for the first time in three months. I'm hoping it's just a regular illness but I'm worried.
                                                        'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Best of luck Eagle,
                                                          I've a suspicion there's an uptick coming. Hopeful the imminent vaccine will ultimately win.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                                            Stephen's morning and not a text about a horse received. Sad times. Similar situation to a few here and isolating as a close contact. Won't be missing a race today.

Hi

got these 2 this morning
                                                            nice double if it lands
                                                            mc Muldoon in leopardstown
                                                            barbados blue last race kempton

Comment

Fag an Bealach is in great form and very well handicapped in a very competitive race in Limerick hasn't gone unnoticed by the market so is shorter than I hoped.

William H Bonney and Saint Calvados are my EW double at Kempton. Getting sweeter on Saint Calvados's chance in the big race the more I look at it.

Probably not one for today but I think Ideal Pal will do well hurdling, can't leave it unbacked at 60/1

Comment

El Stuntdog gone to the vet, possibly for good.

"We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Ruff

Comment

Some assistance required please

Registered with Paddy Power through a link
                                                                    gave the usual name, address, password, email, dob , security q, lodged with card and got bets on.
                                                                    Left the page and when I tried to login again it asked for username which was not asked for during set up. Also not recognising email. Emailed support and still waiting for agent to get back to me.

Anyone have this happen before?

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                      Ruff
                                                                      She returned (and not in a box).

Basically she's totally decrepit but not in pain. Similar to a lot of us.

Comment

Some assistance required please

Registered with Paddy Power through a link
                                                                        gave the usual name, address, password, email, dob , security q, lodged with card and got bets on.
                                                                        Left the page and when I tried to login again it asked for username which was not asked for during set up. Also not recognising email. Emailed support and still waiting for agent to get back to me.

Anyone have this happen before?
                                                                        You'll most likely have to wait for them to verify your account. Copy of passport and utility bill. I wouldn't expect it to be sorted before the new year. And your account will be locked until you verify it.

Comment

You'll most likely have to wait for them to verify your account. Copy of passport and utility bill. I wouldn't expect it to be sorted before the new year. And your account will be locked until you verify it.
                                                                          Thanks Dobby

Strange though that they dont ask for a username during initial set up...and how do they allow you to set up an account/place bets etc and then not allow you to log back in....I didn't verify as message said I had 2 days.

Only did this about an hour ago.

Wait and see I suppose.

username=email address apparently
                                                                          Last edited by dinekes; 26-12-20, 14:22.

Comment

Some interesting jockeyship in that race at Leoparsdstown.

Comment

Thanks Dobby

Strange though that they dont ask for a username during initial set up...and how do they allow you to set up an account/place bets etc and then not allow you to log back in....I didn't verify as message said I had 2 days.

Only did this about an hour ago.

Wait and see I suppose.

username=email address apparently
                                                                              I'm not too familiar with the ins and outs of it but I got caught like that a couple of years ago signing up for a Cheltenham deal with Coral. Signed up, got money in the account, went to place a bet, account locked. Took weeks to sort by which time I'd no interest in betting on anything as I only usually punt Cheltenham and today's racing. With the very odd bet during the year.

I havent signed up to another bookie since cos I just cba, just use my boyles account that I've had for about 12 years at this stage.

Comment

Cheese overdose incoming

Comment

I'm not too familiar with the ins and outs of it but I got caught like that a couple of years ago signing up for a Cheltenham deal with Coral. Signed up, got money in the account, went to place a bet, account locked. Took weeks to sort by which time I'd no interest in betting on anything as I only usually punt Cheltenham and today's racing. With the very odd bet during the year.

I havent signed up to another bookie since cos I just cba, just use my boyles account that I've had for about 12 years at this stage.
                                                                                  Sorted now

suppport got back saying to input email address as username
                                                                                  so got back in to give loots away!

pretty poor sign up procedure though

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                    Cheese overdose incoming
                                                                                    Reminds me I must pick up some crackers and beer today
                                                                                    not that I need reminding on the beer

Got fancy smhancy sea salt crackers which were shite
                                                                                    Regular cream crackers are far superior.

Comment

Clan Des Obeaux for the last leg of a treble. And Real Steel for my EW pennies. Giddy up.

Comment

Drank a bottle of vino watching a documentary about Clannad . Went on the beer with Ciaran Brennan from Clannad in Roundwood after he picked a row with one of our group in 2003ish . True story . Invited me to the gaff for a session.

Get the documentary on rte player.. very interesting .

Comment

1296 cases. Only good thing is that the testing/analysis hasn't taken a chrimbo break.

Comment

Clan Des Obeaux for the last leg of a treble. And Real Steel for my EW pennies. Giddy up.
                                                                                            Aaaaaaaand that's why I dont gamble with any regularity

Comment

1296 cases. Only good thing is that the testing/analysis hasn't taken a chrimbo break.
                                                                                              Meh. Just cos more people were getting tested to spend xmas with family. Bound to pick up more than usual. Dont seem to be hitting the same amount of deaths or ICU admissions which is a good sign. Be grand.

On a side note, work are paying for private tests for us all before we go back on the 4th which I thought was a lovely touch. Hopefully other businesses are doing the same.

Comment

Meh. Just cos more people were getting tested to spend xmas with family. Bound to pick up more than usual. Dont seem to be hitting the same amount of deaths or ICU admissions which is a good sign. Be grand.

On a side note, work are paying for private tests for us all before we go back on the 4th which I thought was a lovely touch. Hopefully other businesses are doing the same.
                                                                                                I would have thought the opposite.
                                                                                                People not getting tested over the Xmas break. Battening down the hatches if unwell.
                                                                                                At least anecdotally, I've heard of a few liken that in the area.
                                                                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Aaaaaaaand that's why I dont gamble with any regularity
                                                                                                  Lol ... followed a few tips yielding 0.0 dollar

Randomly picked wide receiver and harry alonzo, romped home! come on my random free bet on lotto numbers for the loots

Comment

Youngest has taught herself to speak in a Boston accent. Fuck knows how or why. Her catchphrase is 'get your ass off my horse', it becomes somewhat wearing after the five hundredth repetition (imagine JFK saying it).

Comment

Youngest has taught herself to speak in a Boston accent. Fuck knows how or why. Her catchphrase is 'get your ass off my horse', it becomes somewhat wearing after the five hundredth repetition (imagine JFK saying it).
                                                                                                      Did your eldest get a guitar and become a total hippy? (I may be misremembering some previous post)

Comment

Have to admit I'm enjoying a 'carry on' marathon on ITV3 far more than I would have expected.

Comment

Proper cans of Guinness curing going on here. Jesus I went bananas last night.
                                                                                                          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Did your eldest get a guitar and become a total hippy? (I may be misremembering some previous post)
                                                                                                            Somebody else's kids imo. My kids have inherited my musical talent.

Comment

Somebody else's kids imo. My kids have inherited my musical talent.
                                                                                                              https://www.irishpokerboards.com/for...89#post1536189

rdguitar.JPG
                                                                                                              Last edited by ComradeCollie; 26-12-20, 19:43.

Comment

Yeah she lives at my gaff now.
                                                                                                                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

She was persuaded towards alternative paths.

Actually she does have a keyboard, the primary purpose of which appears to be auxiliary clothes rack.

Comment

She was persuaded towards alternative paths.

Actually she does have a keyboard, the primary purpose of which appears to be auxiliary clothes rack.
                                                                                                                    Ah I only searched it as I was wondering if I had completely imagined it. In general though, I wouldn't give up on anyone's musical abilities because they sound shite on the recorder or the tin whistle. You pretty much need years of practice on any wind instrument to sound anyway pleasant solo.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

I would have thought the opposite.
                                                                                                                      People not getting tested over the Xmas break. Battening down the hatches if unwell.
                                                                                                                      At least anecdotally, I've heard of a few liken that in the area.
                                                                                                                      Heard a fair bit about people who were travelling from one part of the country to another getting tested. Those going home to parents and what not. Very responsible of them and with the tests in Dublin airport being same day results youd hope they're also responsible enough to cancel plans after testing positive. That's the main reason for the spike in numbers imo, people reaching for a semblance of normality.

Comment

I watched Parasite there for the first time and turned it off with 30 minutes to go. On the other hand last night I watched La La Land was the first time and was blown away.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post

Sorry only seeing this now, wouldn't have made much with my selections today. But for tomorrow my e.w lucky 15 would be Secret Reprieve for the Welsh National, Home by the Lee in the PP in Leopardstown, Cap Du Nord at Kempton and Blazing Khal at Limerick.
                                                                                                                          Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X