Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The miracle run continues. Looked to be in huge trouble midway through the first half, but found a way out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
      Horrendous start for munster here. ​​​​​​.
      Quite a game now

The silence there of all places is very disconcerting.
      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Mayo could have rattled Dublin more if it weren't for stupid decision making in the final 3rd. Dublin are beatable but you have to rattle them on the scoreboard, the focus on the aggression was good up to a point but you need composure, and some of the decisions were akin to wetting the bed O'Connor was really good although I HATE the 'mark' calling, it ruins the game.

UP the DUBS. I'm celebrating. (fu PSV )

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

Quite a game now

The silence there of all places is very disconcerting.
          Awesome! Still anybody's game to be fair

Comment

I am enjoying Strictly... Its some craic to be fair.
            No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Just Newcastle left now for a 9/1 acca. Although presumably they are 6/4 for a good reason. Come on the toons (?)

Edit: Not for too much
              "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                Not my kind of show, but love Bill Bailey so much I've considered watching it.
                Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                  Bill Bailey has been quite the revelation. Hope I can still move like him when the raving comes back next year or the year after.

Comment

Even with no crowd, that's still an imcredible result to Munster to go to Clermont and come away with the win.

28-9 down and turn it around to an 39-31 victory. Big hearts.
                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Dublin Supremacy.
                      Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Sister in law planning was planning to travel over from London for Christmas. Her, the hubby and two young kids. Due to leave tomorrow and travel by ferry. Denied by Tier 4 lockdown the day before travel. Bummer.
                        Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Bill Bailey is Miguel Angel Jiminez

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                            The mandalorian season 2 delivers!

What a finale.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                              Sister in law planning was planning to travel over from London for Christmas. Her, the hubby and two young kids. Due to leave tomorrow and travel by ferry. Denied by Tier 4 lockdown the day before travel. Bummer.
                              My sis due to fly back Xmas eve but shes in Liverpool so allowed do so for the moment.

She's weighing up whether it's worth coming home given further restrictions on both sides and if she is likely to get back in after a couple of weeks.

I'm up home for a night as I previously decided I'd spend xmas down south and allow more space for her to isolate at home.

I'd be all for reining things in asap.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post

Bill Bailey has been quite the revelation. Hope I can still move like him when the raving comes back next year or the year after.
                                Bill Bailey was very good, and a deserving winner. However I thought Maise should have won as think she was the best dancer.
                                No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Silently, for the observer, dancing to disco here cooking up steaks. Headphones on, baby on the cusp of drifting 10 feet above me. Sister Sledge Thinking of You Dimitri From Paris remix the current choon.

Fucking Leo Sayer with You make me feel like dancing is the nut guilty pleasure
                                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Marvin Gaye Sunny Beaumon remix, holy fuckin hell

Comment

that Samhlú programme is being repeated on TG4 now, great stuff altogether.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                        Marvin Gaye Sunny Beaumon remix, holy fuckin hell
                                        'Baumon'

What a choon. Jesus. Needs bass, put headphones on.

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post

My sis due to fly back Xmas eve but shes in Liverpool so allowed do so for the moment.

She's weighing up whether it's worth coming home given further restrictions on both sides and if she is likely to get back in after a couple of weeks.

I'm up home for a night as I previously decided I'd spend xmas down south and allow more space for her to isolate at home.

I'd be all for reining things in asap.
                                          With that new strain in the UK being 70% more transmissible than more established strains, reining things in sound like the way to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post

With that new strain in the UK being 70% more transmissible than more established strains, reining things in sound like the way to go.
                                            Ah we're so conservative. We really need a few more Jack90210's to give us an alternative interpretation.

Comment

Am rather pleased with myself after a very productive day.

Up and into town fairly earlyish.

Mates KK present bought.

All bar one of Mrs Lao Lao's presents bought, will pick the balance up tomorrow.

Components for three booze and food hampers bought. One for my Dad's best friend who has been an absolute legend this year with him. One for the local chemist who has gone above and beyond looking after him and one for the woman who runs the local cafe, where, pre Covid, Dad would be in 3-4 times a week. She also has gone out of her way to look out for him for no other reason than she has a pure heart of gold.

Slabs of beer bought for Dad's three main careers as I know they love their Guinness.

Dry cleaning collected and wine and chocolates dropped in.

Christmas Day wine picked up.

Just home from dropping Mrs Lao Lao down to Mr Fox where she is having dinner with a couple of mates. G&T in hand, bottle of nice Bordeaux open and breathing and a large Torino pizza is en route from Base

Bliss.

Comment

Did two Tim's Twitter Listening Parties this evening:

1) Fine Young Cannibals - The Raw & The Cooked - fantastic album but Roland Gfit was a bit shite at giving any insight so I'd skip the 'co-listening' part and just listen to the album yourself which is class

2) MixmagLive! - Richie Hawtin / Plastikman (1995) Mix CD - A+ techno extravangza from the mid-90s - a wee bit of insight from Hawtin on the Tiwitter feed but if you were there, well, you know the score and don't need anyone to be blathering on about it. Fantastic acid-propelled mix.

http://timstwitterlisteningparty.com.../feed_584.html
                                                Last edited by BennyHiFi; 19-12-20, 22:01.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post
                                                  Did two Tim's Twitter Listening Parties this evening:

1) Fine Young Cannibals - The Raw & The Cooked - fantastic album but Roland Gfit was a bit shite at giving any insight so I'd skip the 'co-listening' part and just listen to the album yourself which is class

2) MixmagLive! - Richie Hawtin / Plastikman (1995) Mix CD - A+ techno extravangza from the mid-90s - a wee bit of insight from Hawtin on the Tiwitter feed but if you were there, well, you know the score and don't need anyone to be blathering on about it. Fantastic acid-propelled mix.

http://timstwitterlisteningparty.com.../feed_584.html
                                                  Wow, that plastikman took me straight back. Loads of memories of raves in Paris in the 90s partying/tripping away to that for days!

Comment

Lao Lao

You're making us look bad mate.
                                                    Managed to put dishes in sink earlier then had a nice lie down.
                                                    Last edited by dinekes; 19-12-20, 23:22.

Comment

I may be pissing of neighbours by having 'hounds of love' at near maximum volume.

Comment

Check out one of the best music docs ever made... Salad Days... 80s/90s/ DC punk rock/hardcore... Bad Brains, Minor Threat, Thurston Moore, Fugazi, Dag Nasty... etc...

Even if you aren't particularly into that scene this documentary is so well crafted it's a template for everything to come.
                                                        Last edited by BennyHiFi; 19-12-20, 23:25.

Comment

I thought City on a Hill was a lot better than the ratings it got.

It's a Showtime crime and political corruption series starring Kevin Bacon and produced by Danon & Afflek set in 90's Boston (obv)

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                            Silently, for the observer, dancing to disco here cooking up steaks. Headphones on, baby on the cusp of drifting 10 feet above me. Sister Sledge Thinking of You Dimitri From Paris remix the current choon.

Fucking Leo Sayer with You make me feel like dancing is the nut guilty pleasure
                                                            If yer still up BBC 4 is doing some disco for you. Burn baby burn

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                                                              I may be pissing of neighbours by having 'hounds of love' at near maximum volume.
                                                              Yer man next door is playing fucking hounds of love again Michael.

Shut up Mary this im trying to listen .

Comment

Wonder how many of the Tier 4 refugees from London are on their way to Ireland because they “just can’t face not spending Christmas at home”
                                                                mind Some of the shit people have been pulling over here the last week or 2 isn’t much better really not looking forward to January

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                  Wonder how many of the Tier 4 refugees from London are on their way to Ireland because they “just can’t face not spending Christmas at home”
                                                                  mind Some of the shit people have been pulling over here the last week or 2 isn’t much better really not looking forward to January
                                                                  Reminiscent of the opening scene of an apocalyptic film...Tier 4 stay at home, dont travel...you can just see the rest of the country turning red as infectious people do exactly as they were asked not to do.
                                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post

Reminiscent of the opening scene of an apocalyptic film...Tier 4 stay at home, dont travel...you can just see the rest of the country turning red as infectious people do exactly as they were asked not to do.

Comment

Signed up for Amazon prime, .50 for a week trial. Ordered something yesterday and it's arriving today. Some service. Better than paying 2x to the greasy till of the local shopkeep.
                                                                      Last edited by Denny Crane; 20-12-20, 15:33.

Comment

Enough people have and will still come from SE England that it will affect the numbers here too, but what difference will it make looking at the crowded pubs in Dublin last night with morons jumping up and down in each others faces and pretend meals of plastic bag cheese toasties discarded amongst a sea pf pints

I'll miss out on a lot this Christmas, only one of my lads who are away has managed to get home but that's nothing when I look around me and see all those who have lost loved ones, their health, jobs, businesses and sanity.
                                                                        We may just put up shut up and make the best of what we have and hope to feck we get these vaccines rolled out in double quick time.

Here's some great music and a few live tracks from Sam Amidon https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m000qj24

Comment

What's the bbv order from the little place by trinity, I'm on the way
                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Your new favourite person...

Comment

How much is prime per month? I ordered something and just paid extra for shipping and it came 28 hours after ordering. Let's see what happens with it and brexit etc too. Perhaps will be moving to de?

In other news Deliveroo have "challenged" me to eat only meals from there for a week in January, which they will pay for etc. I reluctantly accepted this challenge, which popped up in my inbox as I was ordering from them.
                                                                              Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 20-12-20, 15:24.

Comment

Comment

Ireland are the latest country to ban flights from the UK.

I'd say by the end of the day most European countries will have confirmed same.

Comment

Looking at the absolute gobshites being interviewed at Dublin airport you can see whytthey ghhad to shut down... shouldn't have waited until midnight.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                      In other news Deliveroo have "challenged" me to eat only meals from there for a week in January, which they will pay for etc. I reluctantly accepted this challenge, which popped up in my inbox as I was ordering from them.
                                                                                      Explain. Sounds bonkers.

Comment

My daughter was making soup. I started making soup jokes. Not well received. So then I tried to explain The Soup Nazi episode from Seinfeld. She looked at me like I had two heads. Where's Rounders when you really need him?

She refused to give me any soup.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Explain. Sounds bonkers.
                                                                                          They want us to post about it on instagram for veganuary, so it's advertising for them and eating for me. I did this before on insurance dime when my apartment block was set on fire, that was an easy grand on food spent very fast.

Comment

750 cases today, and from memory Sunday cases tended to be always lower than the following days. Could soon be up to the 1000+ levels of late October which led to lockdown#2.
                                                                                            I wouldn't be banking on any Stephens Day pints.

Comment

The Eurotunnel closing at 10pm today too. Have to imagine most non UK truck drivers will refuse to travel to England too. Chaos Ted!

EptLP_0W4AkivvD?format=jpg&name=small.jpg

Comment

My daughter was making soup. I started making soup jokes. Not well received. So then I tried to explain The Soup Nazi episode from Seinfeld. She looked at me like I had two heads. Where's Rounders when you really need him?

She refused to give me any soup.
                                                                                                That's only gonna get worse. I'm not sure even people my age would be that aware of it.

Reminds me, I was in a bookshop recently looking at the bestsellers, and felt completely alienated by nearly the whole list.

Comment

Wouldnt mind some soup now actually.
                                                                                                  Cully and Scully chicken and veg with some broken up pieces of cheddar melted into it, a dusting of black pepper and some nice crusty bread or crackers.

Comment

Originally posted by dinekes View Post
                                                                                                    Wouldnt mind some soup now actually.
                                                                                                    Cully and Scully chicken and veg with some broken up pieces of cheddar melted into it, a dusting of black pepper and some nice crusty bread or crackers.
                                                                                                    No soup for you!!

5714f3f314a3c8ce1795a858033729baa1-06-soup-nazi.2x.h473.w710.jpg

Comment

No soup for you!!
                                                                                                      You might as well be quoting Benjy

Comment

Yesterday visited mother, sister's houses for first time since Oct.
                                                                                                        Tomorrow lunch in town with Mrs D3.
                                                                                                        Tuesday substantial meal in town with 2 * old friends.
                                                                                                        Wednesday family dinner in local restaurant.
                                                                                                        Xmas Eve, mother, brother family come for dinner in our place.

Starting to feel like Hitler for having such a (relatively modest) social schedule this week. Are the rest of you cutting back or what?

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

You might as well be quoting Benjy

I have no clue who that is Old Man.

(better take all remaining opportunities to say that)

Comment

Death of Stalin is starting on BBC2 for those who haven't borrowed/bought it.

Comment

Just cancelled a night out on Tuesday evening with a few old friends actually; with the new arrival in the house my better half is fairly nervous about the situation, so risking a night in a gastro pub is no longer worth the strife. Went down to Galway with my toddler for a night on Friday to see my folks and a brother, hadn't seen them since August, that'll be the extent of my socializing now until seeing the in-laws on Christmas Day in Portmarnock.

Comment

Starting to feel like Hitler for having such a (relatively modest) social schedule this week. Are the rest of you cutting back or what?
                                                                                                                Make sure you cough on some old people if you get the chance.

Comment

We're keeping the youngest at home next week so as to minimise the potential for disease carrying. The eldest was already staying at home as there is distance learning for them to facilitate half the school wanting to go to France for the Christmas vacations. Something which seems so monumentally stupid that only the french could think of doing it. I have mental images of the french jumping into german bullets during the world wars and then wondering how they lost.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                                    We're keeping the youngest at home next week so as to minimise the potential for disease carrying. The eldest was already staying at home as there is distance learning for them to facilitate half the school wanting to go to France for the Christmas vacations. Something which seems so monumentally stupid that only the french could think of doing it. I have mental images of the french jumping into german bullets during the world wars and then wondering how they lost.
                                                                                                                    French were on the winning side both times.

Leave the kids in school Hitch, home-schooling clearly isn't gonna cut it.
                                                                                                                    You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                                                    World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Was expecting it to be politicised. Tomorrow's front page from the Metro UK.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post

French were on the winning side both times.

Leave the kids in school Hitch, home-schooling clearly isn't gonna cut it.
                                                                                                                        I feel even the French themselves don't feel that they played a vital part in those victories apart from the offering of beaches.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X