Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've 0.5 ETH languishing in an online wallet for the last two years or so, along with a few other alt-coins hanging around the place; given the recent uptick decided to log in for the first time in about a year to see if everything was kosher. Have totally lost track of the details I need to access this wallet, like I've searched my devices and no sign. I'm a bit of a dead end Think that's $300+ down the drain...

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
      I've 0.5 ETH languishing in an online wallet for the last two years or so, along with a few other alt-coins hanging around the place; given the recent uptick decided to log in for the first time in about a year to see if everything was kosher. Have totally lost track of the details I need to access this wallet, like I've searched my devices and no sign. I'm a bit of a dead end Think that's $300+ down the drain...
      You wouldnt have printed seed phrase etc out on paper and tucked it away somewhere?

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Looks like a good Late Late tonight "a host of Irish musical talent"

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
            Feel I must have been added to some sort of inside twitter list of people for politicians to follow, as its notable the people who have joined in the last while. People that don't seem to follow many people and yet I've made the list. Without using full names I see a certain Roisin has arrived as a follower despite only following about 300 people, and a Simon, who doesn't follow many folks. So there must have been deliberate decisions to follow there.

I don't know if anyone who follows me on twitter has any thoughts on recent posting. I've been trying to mix things up a bit over the last few months, be more of a presence. Absolutely zero idea if its working really, so feedback appreciated even if its critical. I see from Twitter Analytics that my tweets are seen about 500k times a month, which seems high enough and is about double what it was at the start of the year.

Not really sure what the plan is, maybe just having a slightly public profile as an option that could be used at some point.
            I presume there'll be a 3:16am dick pic at some stage to really shake these followers up.

Comment

Feel I must have been added to some sort of inside twitter list of people for politicians to follow, as its notable the people who have joined in the last while. People that don't seem to follow many people and yet I've made the list. Without using full names I see a certain Roisin has arrived as a follower despite only following about 300 people, and a Simon, who doesn't follow many folks. So there must have been deliberate decisions to follow there.

I don't know if anyone who follows me on twitter has any thoughts on recent posting. I've been trying to mix things up a bit over the last few months, be more of a presence. Absolutely zero idea if its working really, so feedback appreciated even if its critical. I see from Twitter Analytics that my tweets are seen about 500k times a month, which seems high enough and is about double what it was at the start of the year.

Not really sure what the plan is, maybe just having a slightly public profile as an option that could be used at some point.
              Wouldn't worry about it, you have just been connected to the rest of the Russian bots

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak

Tony is also my postman, a top man indeed. Always finds a hiding place for a parcel when you are not home.

If you're looking for a bit of fun some day ask him about An Post as an organisation and lads getting it soft due to unions..
                Gimmeabreeak in garden with flashlight peering under bushes for several hours chuckling to himself "that Tony, such a kidder"

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                  Meh. Could be worse.......

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Tony is also my postman, a top man indeed. Always finds a hiding place for a parcel when you are not home.

If you're looking for a bit of fun some day ask him about An Post as an organisation and lads getting it soft due to unions..
                    You on about the Irish Times Company of the Year An Post?

Is your gripe with An Post or unions in general?

Comment

Sold ripple @ 47c yesterday for 6 figure sum.

Sadly that included the zeros after the decimal point.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post

You on about the Irish Times Company of the Year An Post?

Is your gripe with An Post or unions in general?
                        sounds like it's Tony that has the gripe....
                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Comment

Comment

ah I see raoul used a time machine to spy on my thoughts three minutes into the future and copy them.
                              we at the Great America First Freedom Heritage Liberty Centre for the Propagation of the American Way and True and Right Thinking have planted microchips into the brains of all suspected Thought Criminals such as yourself.

Prepare for Thought Deprogamming Phase One.

Comment

......aaaaaaand last work call for the year done.

I tried to be all inspirational and said 'think back a year to where we were and look at us now!'

got some very jaundiced looks and responses on Zoom so I will keep my uplifting speeches to myself from here on.

Comment

Maybe his gripe is with people who can't read his posts? Its Tony that has the stories, not BCB.
                                  Seeing as it panto season.......Oh no he hasn't. Read it again.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

I tried to be all inspirational and said 'think back a year to where we were and look at us now!'

got some very jaundiced looks and responses on Zoom so I will keep my uplifting speeches to myself from here on.
                                    I'm not sure everyone has the same appreciation for a rousing Churchillian speech.

Something to the effect of "There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man" may be lost on the majority

Comment

I think you need to read it again, failing that I along with several others herby request a more fulsome explanation of your interpretation.
                                      QUOTE=Wombatman;n1682771]

Seeing as it panto season.......Oh no he hasn't. Read it again.[/QUOTE]

He's BEHIND YOU.

Comment

First bit. Tony is gas.

Second bit. Ask your postman why An Post is getting milked by unionised workers?
                                        No indication from your post, why you have the impression, unionised workers in An Post have it soft. Is that what your postman told you? Second bit is a bit of a non sequitur to be fair.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                          That's rough.

Feel bad for the poor fucker. Hardly a Kinahan by the sounds of it.
                                          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Ugh that sounds rough. Would he have amassed that selling on the silk road?

Nick Bilton's American Kingpin of the same topic was my favorite audiobook of I listened to this year. Didn't listen to many mind you. Also enjoyed Shoedog, Phil Knight's memoirs. Listening to them running in the park will be a lasting memory of Covid and 2020.

​​​​​​​Anyone any recommendations on the back of them two? Surely I'm not the only one around with >5 audible credits on board.

Comment

Jaysus, rolling Shane out is getting just desperate
                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                Any mention of it being Stalin's birthday yet?
                                                Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Also David O'Doherty's

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                    The guy is mentally disabled due to wet brain, its mad how they keep talking to him like he's normal.

Comment

I thought this was interesting about the Warnock campaign (Democrat) vs the Republican (Loeffler?)

If he wins next month, Raphael Warnock may have his pet beagle to thank. So far, Warnock, the Democratic candidate in one of Georgia’s two Senate runoff electio…

Comment

I thought this was interesting about the Warnock campaign (Democrat) vs the Republican (Loeffler?)

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...-black-people/
                                                        Brings a far more benign meaning to 'dog whistle ads'.

Comment

A.P. Bio seems to have passed me by over the years, but the first season anyway is very fucking hilarious.

Comment

Was in the hospital today for the last cardiac rehab session. Mad change in fitness over the six weeks. As a promotional message - if you are unhappy with your fitness - plan a minor enough exercise session of twice a week for six weeks - ten minutes warmup, followed by 30 minutes in cardio zone, ten minutes cool down. And you will feel a different person by the middle of February. It's surprising how little of an exercise routine helps change habits.

As I was leaving I popped into the hospital shop and was looking at the stuff on sale out of curiosity. Ireland's Own by far the biggest seller followed by the RTE Christmas Guide. Was cursing the luck for not having a sick elderly relative who I could buy Ireland's Own for, and it felt too odd to buy, so pulled the trigger on a mega RTE Guide. Glancing through it now and wondering what was going through my head - maybe the post exercise elation - I don't have a TV or access to TV channels and it seems to be mainly interviews with regional stars about an appearance they once had in Ros na Runa, as well as excitedly talking about movies that were released as torrents a year ago.

Comment

You'll be buying Old Moore's Almanac next

Comment

Anyone know of any old people living alone on Christmas day let me know .

I need to borrow a few chairs .

Comment

Was in the hospital today for the last cardiac rehab session. Mad change in fitness over the six weeks. As a promotional message - if you are unhappy with your fitness - plan a minor enough exercise session of twice a week for six weeks - ten minutes warmup, followed by 30 minutes in cardio zone, ten minutes cool down. And you will feel a different person by the middle of February. It's surprising how little of an exercise routine helps change habits.

As I was leaving I popped into the hospital shop and was looking at the stuff on sale out of curiosity. Ireland's Own by far the biggest seller followed by the RTE Christmas Guide. Was cursing the luck for not having a sick elderly relative who I could buy Ireland's Own for, and it felt too odd to buy, so pulled the trigger on a mega RTE Guide. Glancing through it now and wondering what was going through my head - maybe the post exercise elation - I don't have a TV or access to TV channels and it seems to be mainly interviews with regional stars about an appearance they once had in Ros na Runa, as well as excitedly talking about movies that were released as torrents a year ago.

Put this up on Twitter.

And stay away from my nurse

Comment

You'll be buying Old Moore's Almanac next
                                                                    Had an old dear come into the shop (my second job) several weeks ago wanting to order that title. For her friend in America who she sends it to every year.
                                                                    Ordered it online and doubled down with a phone call order to make sure.
                                                                    She was so happy in a kind of surprised way when I rang to let her know it was in under the counter for her like she didnt believe that it would happen or something.

Comment

Originally posted by dinekes View Post

Had an old dear come into the shop (my second job) several weeks ago wanting to order that title. For her friend in America who she sends it to every year.
                                                                      Ordered it online and doubled down with a phone call order to make sure.
                                                                      She was so happy in a kind of surprised way when I rang to let her know it was in under the counter for her like she didnt believe that it would happen or something.

That's really nice!

Comment

Last edited by Strewelpeter; 18-12-20, 23:48.
                                                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

That's really nice!
                                                                          In my poker days I would have gutted her like a fish.

And funnily enough Ithat would have been the right thing to do then too.

in terms of paying a hand versus an old dear
                                                                          Last edited by dinekes; 19-12-20, 00:32.

Comment

New owner of The Stars Group “strongly disputes” shock judgement as Supreme Court reinstates damages, overturning prior Appeals Court decision.

Comment

Those looks may also have been in response to being made to be on a work call at ~4pm on the last Friday before Christmas!

Calls on a Friday after around 3pm shouldn't be a thing really.

Comment

I hadn't even heard of Pennyworth until yesterday, set in 60s London, well, the DC comic version of 60s London it tells the story of Alfred's formative years before working for Batman. Really good soundtrack and Paloma Faith steals every scene she is in, well worth a watch, binged 3 in a row last night.
                                                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

Mate is a plumber for Dublin Corpo and was on call this morning. Emergency call out at the crack of dawn, toilet overflowing in some house, can'tbe stopped.

Arrives on scene, water everywhere, asks have they flushed anything out of the ordinary down the jacks. No no was just overflowing when the woke up. He's manages to turn the water off and heads to the toilet/pipe to investigate.

A fucking full sized rabbit flushed down the toilet..don't know how it go there bud, must have jumped in, you know they like to jump wha, all in anyways.

Dubs are a different breed.
                                                                                  Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

#MayoforSam #JusticeforFloppsy
                                                                                    Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Originally posted by Degag View Post

Those looks may also have been in response to being made to be on a work call at ~4pm on the last Friday before Christmas!

Calls on a Friday after around 3pm shouldn't be a thing really.
                                                                                      It was 11am their time.

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Mustard View Post
                                                                                        Mate is a plumber for Dublin Corpo and was on call this morning. Emergency call out at the crack of dawn, toilet overflowing in some house, can'tbe stopped.

Arrives on scene, water everywhere, asks have they flushed anything out of the ordinary down the jacks. No no was just overflowing when the woke up. He's manages to turn the water off and heads to the toilet/pipe to investigate.

A fucking full sized rabbit flushed down the toilet..don't know how it go there bud, must have jumped in, you know they like to jump wha, all in anyways.

Dubs are a different breed.
                                                                                        "Ah Jimmy, the young fella changed his mind about the pet rabbit. He wants one of them X Box yokes instead."

"FFS. I'm off to the jacks."

Comment

Bugs in the system
                                                                                          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Hill Sixteen a topical runner in the 2.40 Haydock - surely worth a coincidence bet.

(Also - I really fancy him to win by half the length of the straight)
                                                                                            I'll play a topical solstice tip of Highest Sun against him. GL.

Comment

I'll play a topical solstice tip of Highest Sun against him. GL.
                                                                                              You picked the wrong topical ber SAMS adventure wins. Someone is trolling us

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

You picked the wrong topical ber SAMS adventure wins. Someone is trolling us
                                                                                                At least my beast was in with a chance 2 out. That Hill Sixteen yoke was beat a mile out.

Mayo will probably win now.

Comment

There is a nag called Clyne running at Haydock now Solks.

Form looks to have tailed off, formerly useful individual, should be retired.

Comment

Hate to say it but for the health Of our country and to prevent us being in lockdown for another year UP THE DUBS

even if there wasn’t a pandemic I think most dubs fans would be too embarrassed to celebrate at this stage given the gross unfairness of current system so it’ll keep things in check

Comment

There is a nag called Clyne running at Haydock now Solks.

Form looks to have tailed off, formerly useful individual, should be retired.
                                                                                                      A gallant effort by the old boy to finish second under a big weight.

Comment

London going to Tier 4 of their 3 tier system. Conspiracy theorists will have a field day.

Comment

The coincidence of the day instead goes to Betty the PP stalwart. Always cheery and good humored and an all round good egg. Hardly ever in these days but goes in early this afternoon and hear a Mrs Doyle type cuffuffle going on with her and a couple of regs giving something to her and Betty all a flutter(yes!). Smells like a retirement offering and is confirmed when i ask the wags when they peel off. Betty goes back 30 years there the days of the board markers etc. The nostalgia of time past hit me harder than the nag ive just backed a loser. I scurry into the shops and get a card and a few scratch cards and go in to present to betty with a farewell and some small talk about old times.and she says its funny as today she bumped into the cleaning lady who was there on her first day starting and she hasnt seen her in so many years. I agreed with Betty that this was quite a coincidence, You couldn't bate it.

Comment

The mandalorian season 2 delivers!

What a finale.

Comment

What à great game in Gloucester. Fantastic entertainment.

Comment

Horrendous start for munster here. ​​​​​​.

Comment

Is a goal still 3 points?

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                                                                                                                    Is a goal still 3 points?
                                                                                                                    Yes

They actually add a converter on sky sports so non Irish people can know what the score is

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

Yes

They actually add a converter on sky sports so non Irish people can know what the score is
                                                                                                                      Ah, they've put up the points totals on RTE2 now too

Comment

Dubs look like a handicapper with a couple of stone in hand trying not to win too far

Looked for a few minutes like it might be competitive but they are a juggernaut, they could ghave won this just as easily playing 12 v 15
                                                                                                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                                          Dubs look like a handicapper with a couple of stone in hand trying not to win too far

Looked for a few minutes like it might be competitive but they are a juggernaut, they could ghave won this just as easily playing 12 v 15
                                                                                                                          They just look to have the game solved. Long stretches knocking the ball around in the half back line. In Croke park, almost nothing can be done to combat it.

Whatever about Mayo/Kerry/Donegal but where is the motivation for the likes of Kildare. When will anyone else win a Leinster again.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X