This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post

Looks like NZ or France in quarter-final though.
    I think it's always better to be in a slightly tougher initial group but be paired with a softer group in the quarters.
    France would be a cakewalk for us obviously. New Zealand might be tricky but we could always go down the Gary Halpin route of taunting them to defeat. Worked well before. (watch the try celebration if you haven't seen it before)

"We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

You might have some interest in watching this Raoul Duke III I've watched 3 of the 4 so far and found it really interesting.

"you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
        You might have some interest in watching this Raoul Duke III I've watched 3 of the 4 so far and found it really interesting.

I'm just eyeing this book up which is sitting on my bookshelf taunting me to dive into all 1,120 pages of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
          The wife was protesting that €200 or so per kid was too much stuff for santa to bring. I'm thinking thats more at the low end of standard, no? It's all crap, so the less the better, but am I way off base ... I think not.
          Well she got 200e loungerais so anything goes. I tend to think of presents of what they would like/need (especially if they wouldn't or couldn't get it for themselves), not what it costs, within reason. So sometimes somebody may get a laptop, phone, art tablet or a DSLR, other times a hoodie and a fluffy hot water bottle or whatever. For kids jsut get em whatever toys de jour they want.
          Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 14-12-20, 16:34.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post

Well she got 200e loungerais so anything goes. I tend to think of presents of what they would like/need (especially if they wouldn't get it for themselves), not what it costs, within reason. So sometimes somebody may get a laptop, phone or a DSLR, other times a hoodie and a fluffy hot water bottle or whatever. For kids jsut get em whatever toys de jour they want.
            I just bought my brother a 3D printer. There is no category this goes into other than "Haven't a notion what to get".

Comment

Seems like a marmite of presents, great idea to me!

I don't know why I am having so much problems with a simple hat this year. I saw a coffee place I love brought out this pink beanie with their logo. I went in that evening and bought 2 of the last 3, one for my gf and one for a friend. The next morning my gf swanned in and tried to get one for me as a random surprise, however the last one had been reserved. I'm sitting there thinking phew, I don't want her getting me a random present that is part of her own xmas present. I then am talking to my friend later and he is telling me about this lovely new hat he got, of course he had been the one to go reserve the hat and buy it, rendering my attempt to get it for him moot, I'm sat there like oh yeah, sounds like a nice hat I'm very happy for you. Sitting here now with the hats with ambivalent feelings about the hats.

Comment

Sounds like you may be starring in the first episode of a new TV show "Hipster Shore".

Comment

filedata/fetch?id=1682536&d=1607969949&type=thumb
                  You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                  This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

I made a playlist of 62 of my favourite dream-pop songs... perfect for anyone who is in the midst (or thinking of) the end of a relationship: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/5t...fFaHEVUKyscfxU

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                      I made a playlist of 62 of my favourite dream-pop songs... perfect for anyone who is in the midst (or thinking of) the end of a relationship: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/5t...fFaHEVUKyscfxU
                      You do bespoke playlists ?

Can you do me one for a miniscus tear in the knee ?

Comment

Me and the missus are merely swapping cash as presents. She is transferring via 365 on Christmas Eve and just when she thinks I've forgotten to get her something I'll transfer back on Christmas morning. Who says I'm not romantic

Comment

Biden trading at 1.02 just now, think that's the first time he went that short.

Comment

The wife was protesting that €200 or so per kid was too much stuff for santa to bring. I'm thinking thats more at the low end of standard, no? It's all crap, so the less the better, but am I way off base ... I think not.
                            We would be around the 500 mark per kid. Sometimes more. Then there is the presents from us, which is usually clothes or toiletries and crap like that

Comment

Try to limit the kids Christmas presents to stuff I would end up buying them during the year anyway. Clothes, trainers, bikes, electronics, sporting equipment, bedroom furniture, vitamins, food etc.
                              Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

An post delays for anything non-Amazon are legit bad. I've a package from Decathlon sitting in a Dublin depot since the 8th with no update. Actually it's a large item too and not the kind of small packet that would go missing. The original order was made on 23rd November. I've contacted Decathlon who's only response has been hold your horses there partner, expect significant delays.

I've had lots of Amazon for business stuff delivered in a few days over this period. Max delivery time has been 1 week.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                    An post delays for anything non-Amazon are legit bad. I've a package from Decathlon sitting in a Dublin depot since the 8th with no update. Actually it's a large item too and not the kind of small packet that would go missing. The original order was made on 23rd November. I've contacted Decathlon who's only response has been hold your horses there partner, expect significant delays.

I've had lots of Amazon for business stuff delivered in a few days over this period. Max delivery time has been 1 week.
                                    I still have something sitting there since the 2nd, don't be in any rush.
                                    Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Also site has become usable again. Thanks to whoever seems to have sorted it out.
                                      Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Amazon is a different business model. If you order from Decathlon they just care about the sale and not the postal experience so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                          Biden trading at 1.02 just now, think that's the first time he went that short.
                                          Market suspended now

Comment

Comment

New 10 part mini-series called 'Your Honor' with Bryan Cranston as one of the leads.Really strong opening couple of episodes.

Comment

Market suspended now

Settled at last. I don't think they come out of this looking too great.

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Mustard View Post
                                                  Also site has become usable again. Thanks to whoever seems to have sorted it out.
                                                  I do things from time to time
                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                    New 10 part mini-series called 'Your Honor' with Bryan Cranston as one of the leads.Really strong opening couple of episodes.
                                                    The undoing and the flight attendant have been both very enjoyable viewing with the missus.
                                                    I feel raised by wolves should be right up my alley but something about the opener didn't grip me.
                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Settled at last. I don't think they come out of this looking too great.
                                                      Great to see the money this side of Christmas ! Do they care how they look? 2-5% of 1.9 Bn is €38,000,000 - €95,000,000

edit even divided by 2 - I don't know how they calc market size maybe 50 either side of a market is a 100 market, even still BIG BUCKS. They were paid handsomely to keep it open for the idiots
                                                      Last edited by paul8200; 15-12-20, 01:05.

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Mustard View Post

I still have something sitting there since the 2nd, don't be in any rush.
                                                        I bought a golf club from the US which I shipped to the AnPost AddressPal hub in NJ. It usually gets registered and shipped out within 1-2 days, total turnaround is 6-8 working days.

I had one delivered to the hub on Nov 28th and it’s yet to be registered. Any time before end of Jan is a potential win. Generally it’s a good service, they charge 15e shipped to Ireland where most others are 60-80e

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

I do things from time to time
                                                          the offer is still out there DP....

Comment

An Post is pure pot luck these days. Had a box leave Germany with DHL who use An Post here. Left on 19th November, still no sign on 8th of December and their tracking ends once it hits Ireland. They sent another lot on the 9th (last Thursday) and that arrived yesterday. First lot arrived this morning

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                              An Post is pure pot luck these days. Had a box leave Germany with DHL who use An Post here. Left on 19th November, still no sign on 8th of December and their tracking ends once it hits Ireland. They sent another lot on the 9th (last Thursday) and that arrived yesterday. First lot arrived this morning
                                                              I was looking at buying something from the UK last night and probably needed to use parcel motel. I thought I'd take a quick look at their social media and website in case there are delays.

Absolute radio silence from the company online. Nothing but irate punters saying they've essentially stopped picking up the phone and responding to emails. Missing packages and big delays everywhere. It looks really bad for the company. I haven't used them in a coupe of months.

Not a fun time to be in any kind of logistics business I'd imagine.

Comment

Not a fun time to be in any kind of logistics business I'd imagine.

Even less fun relying on them (not their fault i know). 17 pallets on route for a new hotel build. Might just turn phone off till January.

Comment

Guy I know brought out this . If you like flamenco guitar perhaps you might help pay for his efforts. At the moment hes just covering costs but this is a fine body of work by any standards .

Comment

Market suspended now

good lols here

Comment

good lols here
                                                                      Excellent. They'll still be claiming he won next Christmas too.

Comment

good lols here
                                                                        'Biden Betfair' searches on Twitter had some serious, scary delusion over the last few days too

Comment

Amazon is great altogether, less than 48hrs vs a week from Oneplus themselves

Comment

So maybe it was as simple as being that all that 1.1 money was coming from true believers. I can't even laugh its too funny
                                                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Never knew the death penalty in Japan was still done by hanging. Seems a tad barbaric in this day and age. At least they do the Long Drop.
                                                                              Last edited by Dice75; 15-12-20, 11:39.

Comment

Never knew the death penalty in Japan was still done by hanging. Seems a tad barbaric in this day and age. At least they do the Long Drop.
                                                                                I thought The Long Drop was one of the jacks models you flog.

Comment

On the positive experience side, I had a package leave Bergen yesterday at 16.38

It's since been to Stavanger, Copenhagen, East Midlands and now Dublin, where it is out for delivery, 19 hours later.

That package has travelled more than me these last 9 months.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

I'm just eyeing this book up which is sitting on my bookshelf taunting me to dive into all 1,120 pages of it.
                                                                                        Started listening to a podcast this morning by Rachel Maddow called Bag Man about Spiro Agnew, mad stuff.

Comment

Do the academics among us see that GMIT Zoom student review as standard practice?

Comment

CONFIRMED : The new vaccine will not contain a microchip however it will contain U2s new album.

Comment

For the BBV collective what's the best way to get a .edu or such email address without actually going back to college?

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                                                For the BBV collective what's the best way to get a .edu or such email address without actually going back to college?
                                                                                                Creep!

Comment

Originally posted by paul8200 View Post

Great to see the money this side of Christmas ! Do they care how they look? 2-5% of 1.9 Bn is €38,000,000 - €95,000,000

edit even divided by 2 - I don't know how they calc market size maybe 50 either side of a market is a 100 market, even still BIG BUCKS. They were paid handsomely to keep it open for the idiots
                                                                                                  ...They get a % of the winnings not the stake... So if you stuck €100,000 on it at 1.03, you'd be getting €3,000 winnings- it is the % of this so €60-€150 using the 2%-5% range...

Comment

I must say I have been having very positive feelings about the British and their military over the past week. Lots of items on the centenary of the burning of Cork city.

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post

...They get a % of the winnings not the stake... So if you stuck €100,000 on it at 1.03, you'd be getting €3,000 winnings- it is the % of this so €60-€150 using the 2%-5% range...
                                                                                                      Yup that's a fair point my bad. it's still a money printing business.

In fairness their initial investor didn't understand it either!

Listen to this episode from The Tim Ferriss Show on Spotify. Richard Koch on Mastering the 80/20 Principle, Achieving Unreasonable Success, and The Art of Gambling | Brought to you by Boll & Branch, Vuori Clothing, and Athletic Greens. Richard Koch (@RichardKoch8020) is an entrepreneur, investor, former strategy consultant, and author of several books on business and ideas, including four on how to apply the 80/20 principle in all walks of life.His investments have grown at 22 percent compounded annually over 37 years and have included Filofax, Plymouth Gin, Belgo, Betfair (the world’s largest betting exchange), FanDuel, and Auto1. He has worked for Boston Consulting Group and was a partner at Bain & Co. before joining Jim Lawrence and Iain Evans to start LEK, which expanded from three to 350 professionals during the six years Richard was there.In 1997, Richard’s book The 80/20 Principle reinterpreted the Pareto Rule, which states that most results come from a small minority of causes, and extended it beyond its well-known application in business into personal life, happiness, and success. The book, substantially updated in 2017, has sold more than a million copies, been translated into roughly 40 languages, and become a business classic. It was named by GQ magazine as one of the top 25 business books of all time.His new book, published on August 13, 2020, and available in the US in December, is Unreasonable Success and How to Achieve it. In it, Richard charts a new map of success, which he says can propel anyone to new heights of accomplishment. High success, he says, does not require genius, consistency, all-round ability, a safe pair of hands, or even basic competence — but it does require the nine key attitudes and strategies he has identified.Please enjoy! This episode is brought to you by Boll & Branch! When I decided to overhaul my life for better sleep, I landed on Boll and Branch for linens. They are incredible, and you’ll feel the difference immediately. They are the softest and most comfortable, pure organic cotton sheets available. They’re thousand-dollar quality for a fraction of the price, starting at just one hundred and sixty dollars.And right now, you, my dear listeners, can get $50 off any sheet set using promo code TIMTIM. Restrictions may apply.*This episode is also brought to you by Vuori Clothing! Vuori is a new and fresh perspective on performance apparel. Perfect if you are sick and tired of traditional, old workout gear. Everything is designed for maximum comfort and versatility so that you look and feel as good in everyday life as you do working out.Get yourself some of the most comfortable and versatile clothing on the planet at VuoriClothing.com/Tim. Not only will you receive 20% off your first purchase, but you’ll also enjoy free shipping on any U.S. orders over $75 and free returns.*This podcast is also brought to you by Athletic Greens. I get asked all the time, “If you could only use one supplement, what would it be?” My answer is usually Athletic Greens, my all-in-one nutritional insurance. I recommended it in The 4-Hour Body in 2010 and did not get paid to do so. I do my best with nutrient-dense meals, of course, but AG further covers my bases with vitamins, minerals, and whole-food-sourced micronutrients that support gut health and the immune system. Right now, Athletic Greens is offering you their Vitamin D3/K2 Liquid Formula free with your first purchase—two vital nutrients for a strong immune system and strong bones. Visit AthleticGreens.com/Tim to claim this special offer today and receive the free D3/K2 bundle with your first purchase! That’s up to a one-year supply of Vitamin D as added value when you try their delicious and comprehensive all-in-one daily greens product.***If you enjoy the podcast, would you please consider leaving a short review on Apple Podcasts/iTunes? It takes less than 60 seconds, and it really makes a difference in helping to convince hard-to-get guests. I also love reading the reviews!For show notes and past guests, please visit tim.blog/podcast.Sign up for Tim’s email newsletter (“5-Bullet Friday”) at tim.blog/friday.For transcripts of episodes, go to tim.blog/transcripts.Discover Tim’s books: tim.blog/books.Follow Tim:Twitter: twitter.com/tferriss Instagram: instagram.com/timferrissFacebook: facebook.com/timferriss YouTube: youtube.com/timferrissPast guests on The Tim Ferriss Show include Jerry Seinfeld, Hugh Jackman, Dr. Jane Goodall, LeBron James, Kevin Hart, Doris Kearns Goodwin, Jamie Foxx, Matthew McConaughey, Esther Perel, Elizabeth Gilbert, Terry Crews, Sia, Yuval Noah Harari, Malcolm Gladwell, Madeleine Albright, Cheryl Strayed, Jim Collins, Mary Karr, Maria Popova, Sam Harris, Michael Phelps, Bob Iger, Edward Norton, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Neil Strauss, Ken Burns, Maria Sharapova, Marc Andreessen, Neil Gaiman, Neil de Grasse Tyson, Jocko Willink, Daniel Ek, Kelly Slater, Dr. Peter Attia, Seth Godin, Howard Marks, Dr. Brené Brown, Eric Schmidt, Michael Lewis, Joe Gebbia, Michael Pollan, Dr. Jordan Peterson, Vince Vaughn, Brian Koppelman, Ramit Sethi, Dax Shepard, Tony Robbins, Jim Dethmer, Dan Harris, Ray Dalio, Naval Ravikant, Vitalik Buterin, Elizabeth Lesser, Amanda Palmer, Katie Haun, Sir Richard Branson, Chuck Palahniuk, Arianna Huffington, Reid Hoffman, Bill Burr, Whitney Cummings, Rick Rubin, Dr. Vivek Murthy, Darren Aronofsky, and many more. See Privacy Policy at https://art19.com/privacy and California Privacy Notice at https://art19.com/privacy#do-not-sell-my-info.

Last edited by paul8200; 15-12-20, 13:10.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                                          I must say I have been having very positive feelings about the British and their military over the past week. Lots of items on the centenary of the burning of Cork city.
                                                                                                          'what have the British ever done for us?' 'oh, OK yes lolCork - a career highlight imo'

Comment

...

Comment

Friend of a friend owns this business

Eatto | Healthy Meals Delivered to Your Door - Nationwide!

GF's parents (in their 70s, competent on mobile phones) took a notion to order something as cooking for 2 can be wasteful.
                                                                                                              Stuff was delivered next morning, cool bags and ice pouches in the box, driver waited until they had stuff in freezer then took packaging back.
                                                                                                              They have obviously put a ton of work into making the whole process hassle-free. Food excellent quality as well /shill

Had a few finish-at-home meals from different places during lockdown, Fade St Social was a fair bit ahead of the others in smoothness of the whole experience.

Its baffling why so many businesses haven't asked themselves in the decade+ the amazon juggernaut has been destroying all round it, are there any lessons we can learn from what these guys are doing?

Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                                                              https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

But more importantly hopefully the students take the advice on board and up their game. A shite presentation is a shite presentation no matter what and will hamper your career so there's no point pussyfooting around it. We all know people who have been held back due to an inability to present themselves. Now the obvious important issue is were they ever trained in how to present well - as its not something that comes automatically to a lot of people - yet we kinda just assume students have worked it out.
                                                                                                                It's more what was said 'off camera' I'm wondering about.

Is this type of lingo common practice and seen as acceptable among faculty, or are these two just outlying assclowns?

"I thought that f*****g [Name], I thought he’d never – and he’s sick, that lad – I didn’t like to, and eventually I said I have to do something, and he still didn’t stop."

"......but I thought the other fella, (named student) I thought I'd have to get a drill and start drilling my teeth they were so painful, to be listening to him."

Comment

Surprised also. Not so much executions per se. But the method being so primitive.
                                                                                                                  Would of thought if the Japanese we fairly pro-technology, and in many cases overly enthusiastic to automated tasks.
                                                                                                                  Where as in Iran, Iraq, etc not surprised at all. Obviously Saddam was famously hanged.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                                                      Surprised also. Not so much executions per se. But the method being so primitive.
                                                                                                                      Would of thought if the Japanese we fairly pro-technology, and in many cases overly enthusiastic to automated tasks.
                                                                                                                      Where as in Iran, Iraq, etc not surprised at all. Obviously Saddam was famously hanged.
                                                                                                                      I was surprised that the last execution by guillotine in France was in 1977. Wasn't done in public, though much later than I would have expected.
                                                                                                                      Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

...

Comment

I can't imagine thats in any way usual. Genuinely. I've heard about 160 students present this year so far and I found them really impressive. Notably better than our garlic-eating neighbours.
                                                                                                                          My initial thought was that you pretty much have to assume that this is the average thing these lecturers say so definitely scenarios where they say worse.

This is almost certainly not them at their worst.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X