This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Opr View Post
    Daniel and Doug playing another session in 20 minutes. They are about 5k hands into it now and Doug is around +$250k
    Doug crushed this session for about 400k. He is now over 600k up. Doug ran like the sun and then this hand finally finished Daniel and he sat out.

Even Doyle who was looking to get action on Daniel prior to the match has seen the light.

Comment

Got one of these a few years ago, https://www.knivesandtools.com/en/pt...on-edition.htm for sharpening knifes, piece of piss to use, very little skill required and can do 7-8 knifes in less than 20 mins.

Have a few different systems, including the wet stones but those stones are a pain in the ass,

This was the first time i used it. Hair popping as they say.

This too shall pass.

Comment

You'll like this Raoul...

I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

The Hermitage and the port should be grand anyway.
          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Some crash in the F1...Grosjean lucky to be alive.
            Last edited by oleras; 29-11-20, 15:19.
            This too shall pass.

Comment

Georgia have certainly picked up their game but Ireland are poor today tbh

Comment

Good article in the times today about the scandal that is Spotify - https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/w...ists-cg0xsg3bl

Comment

Last week Cavan this week Cavani

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                    I see the Betfair Next President market just keeps on trucking. Nearly €1.3bn matched now.
                    • Wisonconsin recount just about done (with a tiny swing to Biden).
                    • Georgia recount just about done.
                    • No recount allowed in Arizona.
                    • Michigan certified.
                    • All the Pennsylvania court cases literally laughed out the door.
                    • Nevada done
                    Makes no sense to me but I'm sure there's some good stories to be told as to WTF is going on here, especially from within PP\BF. Feel free to post any unsubstantiated rumours here.
                    He has , according to himself in a batshit crazy rant today, "The greatest case ever"

I'm old enough to remember when Denny Lol'd or 'd me when I said he'd do this.
                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                      Georgia have certainly picked up their game but Ireland are poor today tbh
                      Same as last week. We're just very, very predictable.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

He has , according to himself in a batshit crazy rant today, "The greatest case ever"

You may most heartily enjoy this story.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                          Good article in the times today about the scandal that is Spotify - https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/w...ists-cg0xsg3bl
                          Behind a paywall. What's the scandal? Is it possible for an artist to remove their music from spotify if they're not happy with the royalties paid?

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post

Behind a paywall. What's the scandal? Is it possible for an artist to remove their music from spotify if they're not happy with the royalties paid?
                            Yes. Taylor swift refused for a very long time. Can't exactly remember how it was resolved though.

Comment

Is the issue not more to do with record labels rather than Spotify? Spotify pays out something like 70% of their revenue. Many artists have bad deals, but that's not Spotify's doing.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                Some crash in the F1...Grosjean lucky to be alive.
                                Some job by the people with the fire extinguishers. Really wasn't expecting anyone to get out of that.
                                Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

I lol'd at the idea of an attempted military coup or him refusing to leave on the appointed date next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                    Is the issue not more to do with record labels rather than Spotify? Spotify pays out something like 70% of their revenue. Many artists have bad deals, but that's not Spotify's doing.
                                    It's more a covid story, than anything to do with Spotify. The days of earning a good living with recorded music are long gone. Not being able to play live was the new thing this year.
                                    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

You may most heartily enjoy this story.
                                      Serious contender for the stupidest human of 2020 against some top level competition. Difficult call whether he was dumber handing out the money or in thinking they would give it back

Comment

Serious contender for the stupidest human of 2020 against some top level competition. Difficult call whether he was dumber handing out the money or in thinking they would give it back
                                        Or dumber still to make it public.

Comment

Pulled the trigger on the knife today. Joined his order list.

The only slight issue is my wife thinks it's €150.

150 is a battle that I knew I could win, she'd kill me in my sleep if I told her it was 250.

So I'll transfer him 150 from our account and give my mate €100 cash to transfer the rest.

That's totally normal right

Hope that Linda detective girl isn't still lurking. Don't rat me out.

Comment

That's not normal at all Laz.

Comment

You clearly don't golf.
                                              This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                              All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                              The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Laz, get yourself setup with a "Plan-B" bank account.
                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

150 is a battle that I knew I could win, she'd kill me in my sleep if I told her it was 250.

So I'll transfer him 150 from our account and give my mate €100 cash to transfer the rest.

Yeah, I never pull shit like that. No not me, never.

On an completely unrelated note my wife was mighty impressed that i recently won my biggest buyin tournament ever recently (€10) for nearly a grand in the online IPO

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

On an completely unrelated note my wife was mighty impressed that i recently won my biggest buyin tournament ever recently (€10) for nearly a grand in the online IPO
                                                    Haha, exactly the type of shenanigans I was thinking about.

One of my favourite stories to tell people is the time you hired the gardener while your missus was out and you claimed the credit after spending the afternoon watching the nags.

Comment

I think €250 is pretty decent for a handmade custom piece. Would I pay that much for a knife? Probably not but I don't think it's a unreasonable fee for something that will take hours of work. On top of that it will last a lifetime and is possibly something you could pass on in time.

I'm in the GAB school of thought for knives, mine are cheap ones from Ikea also. I'll grind them a 1-2 times a year on a whetstone but otherwise I give them a few swipes off a sharpening steel and they're good to go. The only exception being my missus got me a single bevel sushi knife for my birthday a while back. It doesn't get used that often and I've not had any need to sharpen it yet. The shape and sharpness make it a lot easier to work with the fish.

Comment

Angry wife...insanely sharp knife

What could possibly go wrong!

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

Yes. Taylor swift refused for a very long time. Can't exactly remember how it was resolved though.
                                                          Fair enough. I'm not seeing the scandal part then. Surely any artist can just pull their music and try to sell more albums if they think it's worth more.

I love spotify but if I find a new band I like, or a smaller artist, I'll go buy an album or some merch from their site. Spotify is a business trying to make money. Once they pay what they owe, what's the issue?

Comment

The wife and the knife. There is a song in there somewhere
                                                            conor and goner also come to mind .

Comment

Anyway, I'm twenty years sitting through I'm a Celebrity, I deserve a quarter grand knife

Comment

In similar vein, I won the price of a wine restock on the US election.

Comment

Anyway, I'm twenty years sitting through I'm a Celebrity, I deserve a quarter grand knife
                                                                  With you all the way except in this silly idea of not using it. A knife is a tool and if you're not using it all the time then you are wasting the money. IMO

Comment

Comment

Fair enough. I'm not seeing the scandal part then. Surely any artist can just pull their music and try to sell more albums if they think it's worth more.

I love spotify but if I find a new band I like, or a smaller artist, I'll go buy an album or some merch from their site. Spotify is a business trying to make money. Once they pay what they owe, what's the issue?
                                                                      Well there are lots of issues if you scratch beneath the surface. Most of your money goes to artists you've never listened to for a start due to its shitty 'pooling; model. So very bad for smaller, independent labels and artists.

it pays only 65% out in royalties compared to 90% at bandcamp for example. In response to Covid-19 Bandcamp also waives its rev share on the first Friday of every month. Spotify was widely ridiculed for introducing a 'tip jar'.

Ultimately Spotify is a tech company whose main goal is to harvest data to sell audiences to advertisers rather than put music lovers in touch with great music and artists. You might say, so what? Same as Google.

And fair play to you for directly supporting artists but you are definitely in a minority. What chance to labels and artists have against a platform with the power and reach of Spotify when the global newspaper industry, for example, found themselves upended by Google with only small pockets of resistance able to turn the tide.

It's the 1,000lb gorilla in the room and it is steamrollering much of what made it possible for creativity to flourish in music.
                                                                      Last edited by BennyHiFi; 30-11-20, 11:37.

Comment

Broncos starting without a QB tonight.

FAI semi Athlone 0 - 11 Dundalk.
                                                                        Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

With you all the way except in this silly idea of not using it. A knife is a tool and if you're not using it all the time then you are wasting the money. IMO

I intend to use it every day. Not sure what I posted to give you that idea.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post

Well there are lots of issues if you scratch beneath the surface. Most of your money goes to artists you've never listened to for a start due to its shitty 'pooling; model. So very bad for smaller, independent labels and artists.

it pays only 65% out in royalties compared to 90% at bandcamp for example. In response to Covid-19 Bandcamp also waives its rev share on the first Friday of every month. Spotify was widely ridiculed for introducing a 'tip jar'.

Ultimately Spotify is a tech company whose main goal is to harvest data to sell audiences to advertisers rather than put music lovers in touch with great music and artists. You might say, so what? Same as Google.

And fair play to you for directly supporting artists but you are definitely in a minority. What dance to labels and artists have against a platform with the power and each of Spotify when the global newspaper industry, for example found themselves upended by Google with only small pockets of resistance able to turn the tide.

It's the 1,000lb gorilla in the room and it is steamrollering much of what made it possible for creativity to flourish in music.
                                                                            Powerful lyrics here from the artist's pov..

Comment

Ha! Just copped SP posted the exact same song.

Comment

My "beloved supreme leader" can tell me what I'm thinking even when I've pulled on my poker face.

Even more incredibly she can tell me
                                                                                what my opinion is even when
                                                                                I was thinking something completely different.

My guess is that your wife's secretly planning
                                                                                to purchase a top of the range bespoke chefs knife
                                                                                for €2 out of your winnings.

Comment

Seen a tweet earlier, there have been zero cases of flu so far reported..thats amazing
                                                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

It’s doing the rounds “ Just after hearing that Cody singling out one of his Warrior's Richie Hogan for a lazy performance in yesterdays loss. Fennelly and Walter Walshe not having any of it. Already fuming at not starting, told Cody he's a disgrace and his time is up. They want King Henry in. Cody's nephew took exception to the criticism of the uncle and threw a punch at Fennelly. All hell broke loose in dressing room. Major bust up afterwards. Cats old guards all calling it a day

The lads in Kerry also voted 28 to 9 on Thursday to ask Peter Keane to step down.

Cut throat business.

(Rumours)

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post

Doug crushed this session for about 400k. He is now over 600k up. Doug ran like the sun and then this hand finally finished Daniel and he sat out.

Even Doyle who was looking to get action on Daniel prior to the match has seen the light.

Any cliff notes/starting point on this "new way" of playing he is on about
                                                                                      ta

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                                                        It’s doing the rounds “ Just after hearing that Cody singling out one of his Warrior's Richie Hogan for a lazy performance in yesterdays loss. Fennelly and Walter Walshe not having any of it. Already fuming at not starting, told Cody he's a disgrace and his time is up. They want King Henry in. Cody's nephew took exception to the criticism of the uncle and threw a punch at Fennelly. All hell broke loose in dressing room. Major bust up afterwards. Cats old guards all calling it a day

The lads in Kerry also voted 28 to 9 on Thursday to ask Peter Keane to step down.

Cut throat business.

(Rumours)
                                                                                        The Kerry one definitely isn't true. Kilkenny one sounds fairly far fetched as well.

Comment

GTO Poker. Creating strategies with solvers.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post

Any cliff notes/starting point on this "new way" of playing he is on about
                                                                                            ta
                                                                                            He just means solvers. I think the likes of Doyle was completely oblivious to the solver world until Daniel started playing this match. On top of that people now have precomputed databases of solves which means they can be stored in the cloud and accessed instantly. It makes studying with a solver much easier as prior to this it took ages to run these sims and really powerful computers. Some players have even been caught cheating in real time recently where they are accessing the solves while playing. Both players in this match have a 360 camera on them when playing that the other can access to make sure they aren't using RTA in-game.

This is probably the best free channel to look at to see the kind of analysis that is being done. The guy who owns this channel is going to be releasing a version of a solver with a real-time database to the public called GTOx soon. There is also an app called DTO poker that you download for android and play some spots for free to see the kind of analysis being done these days.

The games at all levels are most likely invested with RTA these days. All you need to do is run it on a second computer and it is almost impossible to detect. It will give you the perfect bet sizes, frequency of bet etc for all spots, and then after that just don't play perfectly like an idiot and it's going to be very hard for a site to catch people. In an area with so much money involved where no one actually gets punished with jail for fraud it a breeding ground for this stuff.

Edit - btw for anyone interested in poker. I think this is a class video to show stuff that wasn't really been considered back in the day to how the solver finds bluffs
                                                                                            Last edited by Opr; 29-11-20, 23:51.

Comment

...
                                                                                              "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

I don't get it. He's down 15 buyins which is surely a supernormal swing.
                                                                                                It is a supernormal swing for heads-up but I think Doyle is now aware of just how good Doug is through the technology. That is from both seeing Daniel use and improve with it and seeing all the video of analysis that is being done on the games, I think Doyle probably hass a much better grasp not just from the result so far but the actual skill level of these top heads-up online players thanks to solvers. I don't think there was as much understanding in the live world of these guys and what they are doing from the like of Doyle till following this challenge.

Comment

Should say that Doug actually thought Daniel played well in the last session. Doug has been using a much more complicated strategy which includes multiple bet sizes while Daniel has for the main stuck to using two sizes. The more sizes the harder the overall solutions are to implement as they have knock-on effects in many areas. Daniel came in with a few new sizes in the last session and Doug actually commented that he used them in correct places with good frequencies. From what I have seen Daniel has improved far faster than people thought he would and he certainly hasn't been a complete sitting duck that he appeared in the first session. You have to remember though Doug retired a couple of years back so he is also learning and improving as the match progresses and seems to be working 24/7 at his game. Daniel did run incredibly bad in the last session. He posted this today.

Comment

I bet these wish they were working from home

Comment

Just to add to what Benny said, the streaming figures are so pitiful that you need millions of streams every month to make barely above minimum wage. The whole system is broken and has been for a very long time, the people profiting from music are not the musicians.

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post

If either of yee are looking to get an under stairs unit, I couldn't recommend these more highly: https://smartstorage.ie/

My bro and her 2 bros are carpenters so we had plenty of options but they all thought these were great value circa 1k.
                                                                                                        I've to get the under the stairs converted to a jacks in our soon to be purchased house.
                                                                                                        Not a chance FIL will be running up and down the stairs.
                                                                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

This is Sinn Fein.

A vote for these people is a vote for jackbooted Fascism operating in the service of a criminal gang.

En__yjrW8AEsW_s?format=jpg&name=900x900.jpg

Comment

Just to add to what Benny said, the streaming figures are so pitiful that you need millions of streams every month to make barely above minimum wage. The whole system is broken and has been for a very long time, the people profiting from music are not the musicians.
                                                                                                            How would you fix it?

Comment

What would be really interesting would be if Stanley hadn't run away like the cowards who set off those bombs but had the courage to stand by his obviously heartfelt tweet and make his case to explain how he sees an moral equivalence between those two events.

Comment

How would you fix it?
                                                                                                                Imo the below would be a start in the healing process .

As part of Spotify’s monthly subscription there should be an option to pay 2 EUROS (for example) to be distributed to the artists you have listened to in that month and the money goes direct to them .

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post

Guitar toss was boss move. As was the backwards fall from the stage without breaking the solo.
                                                                                                                  The look over at the other guy during the solo was fully of "are you paying attention".

The expression on face of Dhani Harrison (George's son) is pretty good too.

Edit:
                                                                                                                  Dug up that MK thread. Some of the opinions, lol.
                                                                                                                  Deadparrot also posted in it MK, 10 years ago. Some missed the details then too.
                                                                                                                  I'm so far ahead of my time, my parents haven'y met yet
                                                                                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

someone posted a really nice wool person online I think in waterford or somewhere similiar a few weeks back but I cannot find it. Would anyone have the site address for it.

Comment

How would you fix it?
                                                                                                                      Create a minimum fee per stream that must be paid to the artist. Then the networks can compete on user experience rather than who can pay artists the least.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

Imo the below would be a start in the healing process .

As part of Spotify’s monthly subscription there should be an option to pay 2 EUROS (for example) to be distributed to the artists you have listened to in that month and the money goes direct to them .
                                                                                                                        Reminds me of Amazon asking you to donate to charity when purchasing. Should the payment to artists not come from Spotifys end, rather than the customer?
                                                                                                                        airport, lol

Comment

Create a minimum fee per stream that must be paid to the artist. Then the networks can compete on user experience rather than who can pay artists the least.
                                                                                                                          it's a pretty complex system to be honest. found this interesting.

music data, music market, music analytics, market intelligence, music industry, artist management, artist performance, music sales measurement, artist audience, artist statistics, artist stats

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X