• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Absolute mayhem in Paris at the moment,

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
      Absolute mayhem in Paris at the moment,
      Hopefully someone got the person with the vuvuzela and shoved it up their hole.
      Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Takes a while to win Tom Petty over

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
              Kimchi can be either pure rank or amazing, no in between, in my very limited experience. Had amazing Korean food in Blackrock market last week. An odd Korean beef burrito with melted cheese. It made no sense and yet there was none left at the end.
              Big fan of Korean food myself. Love a good bibimbap.

They might be on to something with the burrito as I always think of both Mexican and Korean as 'food you eat with beer' so why not combine the two.
              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Tenet is available from the cousins.
                Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

The knife crafter lad in Cork got back to me.

€250 for a one off commissioned 8" chef's knife.

I'm actually considering it. Am I mad?

I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                    We all need a treat now and then, but I think a €100 knife and €150 pair of runners would be more sensible.

Comment

The knife crafter lad in Cork got back to me.

€250 for a one off commissioned 8" chef's knife.

Yes you are. It's a Gimmick. A good Japanese knife will cost you half that

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

We all need a treat now and then, but I think a €100 knife and €150 pair of runners would be more sensible.
                        It would. You're right. Only thing is I've been looking at this kid's work and it's incredible. He's starting to make a name for himself, I can imagine it costing multiples of that in a decade's time.

Other than my guitar I don't own anything like that, this will be a piece of art, unique to me that I'll use for a lifetime.

Kinda seems cheap.

Comment

Fk the toy show this got me in the feels

The All Blacks made a tribute to the football legend before kick-off against the Pumas.

Comment

It would. You're right. Only thing is I've been looking at this kid's work and it's incredible. He's starting to make a name for himself, I can imagine it costing multiples of that in a decade's time.

Other than my guitar I don't own anything like that, this will be a piece of art, unique to me that I'll use for a lifetime.

Kinda seems cheap.
                            It's your money but it's just a feckin knife . 250 is a notch too much . Haggle . No knife will cost you multiples of 250 unless its has some noteworthy blood on it eg Thierry Henry (we dont forget)

Comment

If you feel that way about it there is really not much choice.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

If you feel that way about it there is really not much choice.
                                Well, it needs approval from the minister of finance who has already shelved my BBQ buying plans until the spring budget.

Comment

The local golf club re-opened the booking system at 8pm. Needless to say it was like trying to get Ed Sheeran or Post Malone tickets.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                    The local golf club re-opened the booking system at 8pm. Needless to say it was like trying to get Ed Sheeran or Post Malone tickets.
                                    Given those options is about the only way I'd ever play golf again!

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Comment

Comment

Thats a cool idea imo. Go for it. No harm in the occasional reward. Some of us choose virtual reality gangbangs, some of us choose fine knives. It actually genuinely seems like a cool idea.
                                          Do you still use your bread maker? Haven't heard mention of it since it's first usage, and the flour buying splurge.

Comment

Thats a cool idea imo. Go for it. No harm in the occasional reward. Some of us choose virtual reality gangbangs, some of us choose fine knives. It actually genuinely seems like a cool idea.
                                            I have a Hattori Hanzo katana , just in case Bill isnt really dead. Bespoke so it is.

Comment

Needs more drunks

Comment

The law the French government wants to bring in which has sparked these riots in Paris into high gear seems insane. They want to introduce legislation which would make it a crime to publish photos or video of on-duty police officers and people sharing such material can also be subject to prosecution. The security bill which this is part of has already been approved This comes on the back of a video being shared on social media a couple of days back which showed three police officers beat an unarmed man in his house and they have since been suspended.

Comment

The law the French government wants to bring in which has sparked these riots in Paris into high gear seems insane. They want to introduce legislation which would make it a crime to publish photos or video of on-duty police officers and people sharing such material can also be subject to prosecution. The security bill which this is part of has already been approved This comes on the back of a video being shared on social media a couple of days back which showed three police officers beat an unarmed man in his house and they have since been suspended.
                                                  Yeah this is the very censored version. The proposed law seems bizarre to me anyway.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

I don't know how its legal currently. Its generally illegal to film or photograph anyone in France without their permission.
                                                          Ah go bollox.

Comment

Lol
                                                            Attached Files
                                                            His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                                              Lol
                                                              They thought it was minging.

Comment

And don't really accept the basic idea that cameras solve police problems. Cameras *catch* police problems - training solves police problems.
                                                                The reason cameras are important is because without evidence the Police can write their own version of events. Without cameras society wouldn't be starting to realise there is a huge problem with the behavior of the police.

Comment

I don't know how its legal currently. Its generally illegal to film or photograph anyone in France without their permission. Like you can't just take pictures of a crowd on a street for example without getting explicit permission of everyone on the street who is in the photo. Everyone was always quite careful at kids plays to only picture their own kid rather than take a panorama. Its a great idea imo - that only you can directly sign away your right to your image in any event. So with that, I don't get how it has ever been legal to film the police there.
                                                                  Whatever about the current situation it seems like such a bad call in the wake of the video CC just posted to suddenly try and introduce legislation that protects the police? It is one of a number of high-profile incidents that have gone public in France over the last month involving the police in this way. I am not sure how I feel about it as I understand you can't have a situation where we are having trials by social media on police officers but allowing their actions to be censored under law seems crazy when you already have massive public distrust.

Comment

And don't really accept the basic idea that cameras solve police problems. Cameras *catch* police problems - training solves police problems.
                                                                    There was a guy on Rogan who did a good job of talking up the training angle. I agree with it in theory but it seems like pie in the sky stuff. You would need psych evals, massive training, a huge pay increase to attract quality people, and constant evals and training. You are talking about a massive overhaul of the system. In a time when Corona is going to devastate government funding.

Comment

. Its generally illegal to film or photograph anyone in France without their permission. Like you can't just take pictures of a crowd on a street for example without getting explicit permission of everyone on the street who is in the photo. .
                                                                      Just to clarify the 'ah go bollox' comment, none if this has ever been illegal. The publishing of photos without permission is. There is a difference.

Comment

Daniel and Doug playing another session in 20 minutes. They are about 5k hands into it now and Doug is around +$250k

Comment

btw The forum is almost unusable again. Pages and posts taking forever to load and submitting posts hangs forever at times.

Comment

This is obviously all the backstory to how RoboCop is born.

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                                                              Lol
                                                                              I seem to remember a very similar story from either the same auctioneers or another one in the same part of the country just a couple of years ago but not mentioned in the story

Hmmm.

Comment

The Waterboys - How Long Will I Love You (Bing Lounge)

This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post

The reason cameras are important is because without evidence the Police can write their own version of events. Without cameras society wouldn't be starting to realise there is a huge problem with the behavior of the police.
                                                                                  I would imagine that police body cams around the world back up the wearers version of events many times more than the people in custody.

The Irish police are very restrained imo and I don’t think it’s fair to say their is a huge problem with their behaviour at all. It’s one of the best things about living in Ireland.

Comment

The Edge, Jack White & Jimmy Page - Seven Nation Army

This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                      The Edge, Jack White & Jimmy Page - Seven Nation Army

Comment

The Waterboys - How Long Will I Love You (Bing Lounge)

What did you think of Elle Gouldings cover ole ?

Comment

The Cranberries - Zombie 1999 Live Video

This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

What did you think of Elle Gouldings cover ole ?
                                                                                            Made the band a few bob...feck all wrong with the cover in fairness, enjoyed it, she has a great voice.
                                                                                            This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                                                              Thats really great, love me American folk, and cant have enough fiddle !
                                                                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post

I would imagine that police body cams around the world back up the wearers version of events many times more than the people in custody.
                                                                                                The important point is how people behave when there isn't a camera, not when there is.

Originally posted by RichieM View Post

The Irish police are very restrained imo and I don’t think it’s fair to say their is a huge problem with their behaviour at all. It’s one of the best things about living in Ireland.
                                                                                                [/QUOTE]

That opinion is not really borne out by the evidence. Your experience might be vastly different than other peoples, especially those more easily marginalised.

Comment

Thats really great, love me American folk, and cant have enough fiddle !
                                                                                                  Molly Tuttle is so good. Dont see much of her in that , it's just a clip for a 30 minute session called deep end sessions . Worth a look if yer youtubing . but she is a really good guitarist and singer . Good cover here of the punkish rock band Rancid

Comment

Noice.
                                                                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

...

Comment

I think Laz's instinct us right to buy the knife.
                                                                                                        It's something he will use and enjoy for many years not only the quality craftsmanship but imagine in 20 years time carving the turkey with the "this knife"story.

Still gave my old trusty DVD player. I wouldnt sell it
                                                                                                        Last edited by dinekes; 29-11-20, 02:03. Reason: Typos bedam ed

Comment

I think we can all agree that knifemakimg is a special skill. If so, the value question is simple.

How much time do you think it takes the guy? How much should a skill like that justify? Then add material cost.
                                                                                                          I can’t imagine any situation where time and material isn’t worth €250. I’d be tempted also, but not for my daily knife. I’d still use a basic ikea job for dinner. But it’s a craft I appreciate.

Comment

btw The forum is almost unusable again. Pages and posts taking forever to load and submitting posts hangs forever at times.
                                                                                                            On the plus side, we are being spammed by a cricket lover...

5star\Kev\LL\DP; any thoughts on the offers of $$$ to resolve this?

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                                              I think we can all agree that knifemakimg is a special skill. If so, the value question is simple.

How much time do you think it takes the guy? How much should a skill like that justify? Then add material cost.
                                                                                                              I can’t imagine any situation where time and material isn’t worth €250. I’d be tempted also, but not for my daily knife. I’d still use a basic ikea job for dinner. But it’s a craft I appreciate.

Pricing strategy is kinda interesting, from commodity pricing, to luxury goods, to health services.

Go too high you lose sales, to low you lose value. You could argue it ties in more with human behaviour and psychology than economics.

In many cases it has little to do with input costs.

Discover how to properly conduct a pricing analysis and develop a pricing strategy to price your products, services, or events to drive revenue and profit.

It this case I would guess the cost reflects the input costs. Laz needs to believe there is value in craftsmanship or he will be off down to the middle aisle in Lidl.

A good knife sharpener could be a game changer here.

I do like the saying "Some people know the price of everything but the value of nothing".
                                                                                                              Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

I see the Betfair Next President market just keeps on trucking. Nearly €1.3bn matched now.
                                                                                                                • Wisonconsin recount just about done (with a tiny swing to Biden).
                                                                                                                • Georgia recount just about done.
                                                                                                                • No recount allowed in Arizona.
                                                                                                                • Michigan certified.
                                                                                                                • All the Pennsylvania court cases literally laughed out the door.
                                                                                                                • Nevada done
                                                                                                                Makes no sense to me but I'm sure there's some good stories to be told as to WTF is going on here, especially from within PP\BF. Feel free to post any unsubstantiated rumours here.

Comment

Can't decide if Hartley is doing a reverso with the 'challenging' bit but whatever its a good LOL

Comment

Nice version

Comment

A close friend of mine is a cardiologist in a London hospital and tells me they've been advised they should expect to be vaccinated on December 7th which seems like great news. It's the Pfizer vaccine.

Comment

Also may be of interest to those who aren't dedicated enough to their knives to regularly use the whetstone - a local locksmith here will sharpen three knives for me for less than a tenner. I seriously doubt it would be the ideal way to care for a knife you love but if you're only using cheap ones anyway they will be sharp enough to shave with after it. Done while you wait in the place I go to.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                                          Makes no sense to me but I'm sure there's some good stories to be told as to WTF is going on here, especially from within PP\BF. Feel free to post any unsubstantiated rumours here.
                                                                                                                          Looking forward to reading the rumours!

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X