This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Degag View Post
    Bought some Ripple for shits and giggles. As an an absolute novice in this game, what are the odds on some kinda explosion that'd take it to bitcoin levels? I'm guessing slim to none?
    Do you mean in terms of Ripple going to $20k? 0% They have vastly different circulating supplies. Ripples market cap is about 10% of BTC currently. So even if it matched BTC the price would be $7

Comment

Return of Quiz Time.

Provide the middle name of the following US Presidents:
      1. Joseph R Biden
      2. Donald J Trump
      3. Barack H Obama
      4. George W Bush
      5. William J Clinton
      6. George HW Bush
      7. Ronald W Reagan
      8. James E Carter
      9. Gerald R Ford
      10. Richard M Nixon
      11. Lyndon B Johnson
      12. John F Kennedy
      13. Dwight D Eisenhower
      14. Harry S Truman
      15. Franklin D Roosevelt
      Par score is 8.
      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

How come FDR and JFK got the initials treatment and nobody else did?
        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
          Return of Quiz Time.
          I know the J in Trumps is for Genius
          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

How the fuck did Laura get this far. She's an absolute embarrassment to the competition

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
              I thought LBJ was pretty widely used for Lyndon Johnson?

I think I have 3 maybe 4

Comment

Incorrect.

6067_xweb.jpg&maxx=300&maxy=0.jpg

Comment

There's one reverso in the list btw. Bonus point for spotting it.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

How does profiteering from the human misery and climate catastrophe directly caused by BTC tally with ethics, it's about as non Vegan as can be

Buying fiat currencies with your Bitcoin is a highly speculative investment. They have shown a very high volatility in bitcoin terms. This is due in part to their mysterious creation process. Nobody knows how many more will come into existence. They have no intrinsic value and are involved in the large part of every criminal activity from drug and human trafficking, weapon, wars, you name it.

For its distribution, fiat currencies use heavy and highly discretional commercial banking infrastructures that have been found many times responsible of money laundry schemes and that consume a lot of energy consumption which cause pollution. Their paper and coin form is a danger for the public health, carrying around a lot of pathogenic agents.

Please invest in fiat the amount of satoshis you can afford to lose.

For a little perspective in 2011 you could buy 1 USD only if you paid a whole BTC but today that USD is worth 0.000055 BTC.

Comment

Round Two. Name their spouses.

Bonus points for naming the multiple spouses of the only two to have been married multiple times.

Comment

Arguably the 2nd most famous LBJ now

Mindset_List.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post

Arguably the 2nd most famous LBJ now

Mindset_List.jpg
                          I don't know who the other guy is.

Comment

French egg ball wizard Christophe Dominici
                            died today in tragic circumstances.

Only 5'6 but could change direction in mid step.
                            Fondly remember him winking at Lomu as he
                            side stepped past the giant in world cup match.

Comment

LeBron James. NBA great.
                              No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

You'll know him next year when you're off to the cinema to see Space Jam 2

Comment

Round 3. Name the US State that each grew up in.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post

LeBron James. NBA great.
                                    Never really been into basketball. Did see a game at the Olympics for 10 dollars once.

Comment

Return of Quiz Time.

1. Joseph R Biden
                                      2. Donald J Trump
                                      3. Barack H Obama
                                      4. George W Bush
                                      5. William J Clinton
                                      6. George HW Bush
                                      7. Ronald W Reagan
                                      8. James E Carter
                                      9. Gerald R Ford
                                      10. Richard M Nixon
                                      11. Lyndon B Johnson
                                      12. John F Kennedy
                                      13. Dwight D Eisenhower
                                      14. Harry S Truman
                                      15. Franklin D Roosevelt
                                      Par score is 8.
                                      I actually think I might not know Trump's middle name I have a notion that someone has an even weirder one than FDR, like Excelsior or something golf pro-ish. Have a sneaky suspicion it might be Nixon but dunno what it could be. * for guesses

SPOILER

1. Robert
                                      2. John
                                      3. Husein
                                      4. Walker
                                      5. Jefferson
                                      6. Herbert Walker
                                      7. William
                                      8. Earl
                                      9. Robert
                                      10. Michael
                                      11. Baines
                                      12. Fitzgerald
                                      13. David
                                      14. Stephen
                                      15. Delano
                                      Last edited by Keane; 24-11-20, 22:05.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post

I actually think I might not know Trump's middle name I have a notion that someone has an even weirder one than FDR, like Excelsior or something golf pro-ish. Have a sneaky suspicion it might be Nixon but dunno what it could be. * for guesses

SPOILER
                                        1. Robert
                                        2. John (*)
                                        3. Husein
                                        4. Walker
                                        5. Jefferson
                                        6. Herbert Walker
                                        7. William (*)
                                        8. Earl
                                        9. Robert (*)
                                        10. Michael (*)
                                        11. Baines
                                        12. Fitzgerald
                                        13. David (*)
                                        14. Stephen (*)
                                        15. Delano
                                        You beat par. 10/15.

I got 11 myself, also did not know DJT's middle name.

The reverso is a good one.

Comment

Some sneaky hints:

One of the middle names has a Simpsons character named after him.
                                          Another one of the middle names has recently had a controversial role in a Hollywood movie.

Comment

Round 3. Name the US State that each grew up in.
                                            Bonus Round 3a. Name the state capital of each.

For the two states that have more than one Prez, (1) name the state capital of the state that the later Prez has relocated to () and (2) name the nickname of the state.

Comment

Return of Quiz Time.

1. Joseph R Biden
                                              2. Donald J Trump
                                              3. Barack H Obama
                                              4. George W Bush
                                              5. William J Clinton
                                              6. George HW Bush
                                              7. Ronald W Reagan
                                              8. James E Carter
                                              9. Gerald R Ford
                                              10. Richard M Nixon
                                              11. Lyndon B Johnson
                                              12. John F Kennedy
                                              13. Dwight D Eisenhower
                                              14. Harry S Truman
                                              15. Franklin D Roosevelt
                                              Par score is 8.
                                              Good man RD

SPOILER

1. Joseph Robinette Biden.....Jill..... Delaware (or Scranton PA if you prefer)
                                              2. Not sure John maybe .... Melania (ex Ivana) .... New York
                                              3. Hussein .... Michelle.... Hawaii
                                              4. Walker .... Laura ..... Texas
                                              5. Jefferson .... Hillary .... Arkansas
                                              6. Herbert Walker ..... Barbara .... Hmm Massachusetts?
                                              7. Pass .... Nancy .... California
                                              8. Pass .... Pass ..... Georgia
                                              9. Pass .... Pass .....
                                              10. Milhouse ... Pat ..... California
                                              11. Baines .... Ladybird ..... Texas
                                              12. Fitzgerald .... Jackie .... Massachusetts
                                              13 Pass ..... Pass ..... Kansas
                                              14. Is this the reverso, I think his middle name was S ..... Pass .... Missouri
                                              15 Delano .... Pass .... New York

Comment

Will the staff stop Trump if he decides to start a dirty protest in the White House? Still think he should have come out as a trans woman at the start of the year. Really could have mixed things up.

Comment

Originally posted by mcnugget View Post

Good man RD

SPOILER

1. Joseph Robinette Biden.....Jill..... Delaware (or Scranton PA if you prefer)
                                                  2. Not sure John maybe .... Melania (ex Ivana) .... New York
                                                  3. Hussein .... Michelle.... Hawaii
                                                  4. Walker .... Laura ..... Texas
                                                  5. Jefferson .... Hillary .... Arkansas
                                                  6. Herbert Walker ..... Barbara .... Hmm Massachusetts?
                                                  7. Pass .... Nancy .... California
                                                  8. Pass .... Pass ..... Georgia
                                                  9. Pass .... Pass .....
                                                  10. Milhouse ... Pat ..... California
                                                  11. Baines .... Ladybird ..... Texas
                                                  12. Fitzgerald .... Jackie .... Massachusetts
                                                  13 Pass ..... Pass ..... Kansas
                                                  14. Is this the reverso, I think his middle name was S ..... Pass .... Missouri
                                                  15 Delano .... Pass .... New York

Ha, you're good.
                                                  SPOILER
                                                  1. Yes
                                                  2. You missed a spouse. He's had three.
                                                  3. Yes
                                                  4. Yes
                                                  5. Yes
                                                  6. Wrong state
                                                  7. Missed first wife, wrong state.
                                                  8. Yeah, he's a tough one.
                                                  9. Think clinics.
                                                  10. Yes
                                                  11. Yes
                                                  12. Yes
                                                  13. Correct state
                                                  14. Correct! Bonus point for the reverso.
                                                  15. She was allegedly a lesbian if that helps.

Comment

The Simpsons one was the one I was thinking of!

Comment

[*]Think clinics.
                                                      Ah yes

Comment

Ha, you're good.
                                                        Currently 100 pages into LBJ Master of the Senate. Easily my favourite series of all time, fiction or non-fiction. Despite having 2,000 pages left I have started to slow my reading down as I don't want it to finish. Looking for a good Nixon biography before I tackle volume 4, what's the recommendation?

Comment

Trump = TIT

Comment

Currently 100 pages into LBJ Master of the Senate. Easily my favourite series of all time, fiction or non-fiction. Despite having 2,000 pages left I have started to slow my reading down as I don't want it to finish. Looking for a good Nixon biography before I tackle volume 4, what's the recommendation?
                                                            So I'll give you another mammoth recommendation.

This series of books by Rick Perlstein doesn't have a single man at the centre like the Caro series but they do have the rise of conservatism as their common theme as they move from Goldwater to Nixon to Reagan. I think they're a great follow-on to the LBJ books. They also track the social history of America in much the same way that the LBJ ones too. But ultimately they explain how the Republican Party went from Eisenhower-era centrism to the right\far-right entity we see today.

Before the Storm (covers the rise of Goldwater from fringe figure to 1964 presidential candidate. explains where the forces that spurred the conservative rise came from)
                                                            Nixonland (covers how Nixon went from washed-up loser to President)
                                                            The Invisible Bridge (covers the fall of Nixon, the presidency of Ford and the ultimate riumph of a B-List actor who never had a complex thought in his life yet still became the greatest vote-winner of the 20th century)
                                                            Reaganland. Tells us how the modern conservative movement took over and transformed US politics.

Probably as long in total as the LBJ series (which of course isn't finished yet , 45 years after he started it)

Comment

I read 1 & 2 this year and I'm waiting until the new year to tackle 3.
                                                              I've checked before and there doesn't seem to be a universally recognised book on Nixon.

All the President's Men by Woodward about Watergate is good and apparently Richard Nixon The Life by John Farrell is a good https://www.amazon.co.uk/Richard-Nix.../dp/0385537352

Comment

Moan 1: Ray Darcy. Quiz of the Day tiebreak yesterday. Guess length of song. Closest to actual length wins. Contestant 1 - 3 min and 6 sec. Contestant 2 - 2 min and 50 seconds. Every time they do it. Every time!!!

Moan 2: Never know what to do with those little stickers they put on apples individually. The urge to stick it onto something else is always greater than the urge to put in in the bin for some reason.

Moan 3: I have a slow puncture.
                                                                Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Ask google 'Can I light a fire on a beach in Ireland'

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                    Moan 1: Ray Darcy. Quiz of the Day tiebreak yesterday. Guess length of song. Closest to actual length wins. Contestant 1 - 3 min and 6 sec. Contestant 2 - 2 min and 50 seconds. Every time they do it. Every time!!!

Moan 2: Never know what to do with those little stickers they put on apples individually. The urge to stick it onto something else is always greater than the urge to put in in the bin for some reason.

Moan 3: I have a slow puncture.
                                                                    I usually spit out those stickers but I've probably eaten some

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Quiz answers

SPOILER
                                                                        President Middle Name Spouse Grew up in State Capital
                                                                        Biden Robinette Jill Pennsylvania Harrisburg
                                                                        Trump John Melania\Marla\Ivana New York Albany
                                                                        Obama Hussein Michelle Hawaii Honolulu
                                                                        Bush Jnr Walker Laura Texas Austin
                                                                        Clinton Jefferson Hilary Arkansas Little Rock
                                                                        Bush Snr Herbert Walker Barbara Conneticut Hartford
                                                                        Reagan Wilson Nancy\Jane Wyman Illinois Springfield
                                                                        Carter Earl Rosalynn Georgia Atlanta
                                                                        Ford Rudolph Betty Michigan Lansing
                                                                        Nixon Milhous Pat California Sacramento
                                                                        Johnson Baines Lady Bird Texas Austin
                                                                        Kennedy Fitzgerald Jackie Massachussets Boston
                                                                        Eisenhower David Mamie Kansas Abilene
                                                                        Truman S (reverso) Bess Missouri Jefferson City
                                                                        Roosevelt Delano Eleanor New York Albany

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                          The man says Taoiseach very well. That wasn't an idle attempt at pronunciation.

he is not shy about his love for Ireland (and his disdain for Brexit)

Comment

Quiz answers

SPOILER
                                                                            His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post

this shit site

Answers:

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

On that note, I see we still don't have a brexit agreement. scarlet for Comical Melli, who I think claimed there would definitely be a brexit deal by the end of October and was willing to bet on it.
                                                                                  as opposed to you who claimed the same thing and did actually bet on it

Comment

Now you see why Milhous is not the best character in the Simpsons

Comment

...

Comment

as opposed to you who claimed the same thing and did actually bet on it
                                                                                        I think that was the joke.
                                                                                        Brexit bet being another case if the universe course correcting based on Hitch’s overconfidence. He’s like the reverse secret. The Terces

Comment

Speaking of overconfidence, I did like that Trump did a 1-minute press briefing yesterday to boast of the Dow breaking through 30k.

Stunned journo: "he does know it's going up because the markets know he's leaving? Right? Oh.'

Comment

he is not shy about his love for Ireland (and his disdain for Brexit)
                                                                                            Ooni started their 20% off sale today. March 2021 shipping dates though...

This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post

Ooni started their 20% off sale today. March 2021 shipping dates though...
                                                                                              thanks

so for maximum pizza awesomeness, I require the 16" oven and a correspondingly sized peel? Anything else to add in before I click buttons?

Comment

Thermometer is handy to know where you are with the stones temp.

Eliminate guesswork in pizza-making with Ooni's Digital Infrared Thermometer. Laser-guided, precise tool calibrated for perfect bakes on cordierite stones.

Turning peel is also handy.

The Ooni Pizza Turning Peel keeps pizza in contact with the base of your oven while you spin it, so it cooks even faster. Order here to spin your pizza like a pro!

Obv these are all ooni branded, similar can be got on amazon for half their prices.
                                                                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

WTF is a turning peel

Comment

WTF is a turning peel
                                                                                                    Pizza paddle

Comment

WTF is a turning peel
                                                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                                        that's mad. I kinda assumed it would be engineered to avoid this kind of bolloxology, i.e. equal heat distirbution

Comment

As crypto is again trending, I decided on a whim to check my oul Kucoin account
                                                                                                          LEND went up 4000%+ since I last checked it, handy few bob there
                                                                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Comment

I think it was Hitch that made reference to Tidal recently. If you want to check if your ears are discerning enough to justify it they have a BF sale currently.

Tidal Premium for 0.99 or upgrade to Tidal HiFi for just 1.99 (4 months)

Comment

The parcel delivery guy calls here every day . I think our whole house has a spending addiction . I have no idea what's coming tomorrow. Ah yes a turning pee. The very fellow .

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post

also

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                                                                    I think it was Hitch that made reference to Tidal recently. If you want to check if your ears are discerning enough to justify it they have a BF sale currently.

Tidal Premium for 0.99 or upgrade to Tidal HiFi for just 1.99 (4 months)

Guess the hardware matters too, alexa wouldn't be a great output for putting into speakers.

Comment

Yeah, the benzos and depression are not the reason Peterson is a joke, but that pic is a genuine LOL

I'd be willing to bet he's another victim of the reading Ayn Rand while adolescent syndrome
                                                                                                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Not much in the Michael Flatley sale taking my fancy. The chess table on the first page is nice enough, though missing two pieces https://www.sheppards.ie/catalogue/1

Comment

...

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X