This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Keane View Post
    Even if it wasn't so crap it would be impossible not to get tired of rugby union. It's just constant. It is though, it's crap.

It must be cheap to buy the tv rights for it or something
    It’s a physical battle of a sport and if you don’t enjoy that then it’s dull and no amount of running rugby can cover that up. Taking away the crowd takes away some of the intensity of it too. For me Soccer, football, basketball, hurling are skills sports first and physical battles very much secondary and tbh it doesn’t do it for me nearly as much. But it’s a matter of taste.

A few Irish players realising how much more they have to improve today. Painful but necessary part of their progression I guess. Ronan Kelleher, JGP, Byrne, Porter, the midfield is dull....
    ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Ireland can't keep running into that white wall and expecting a different outcome.

Comment

FFS!
        Itoje is some player
        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post

It’s a physical battle of a sport and if you don’t enjoy that then it’s dull and no amount of running rugby can cover that up. Taking away the crowd takes away some of the intensity of it too. For me Soccer, football, basketball, hurling are skills sports first and physical battles very much secondary and tbh it doesn’t do it for me nearly as much. But it’s a matter of taste.

A few Irish players realising how much more they have to improve today. Painful but necessary part of their progression I guess. Ronan Kelleher, JGP, Byrne, Porter, the midfield is dull....
          I dunno I just felt watching the same five games every spring was tedious enough without some bright spark apparently deciding it would be a great buzz to have them in November as well.

It'd be like if the Premier League was on twice a year except it was just Liverpool Man City and four shit teams

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
            FFS!
            Itoje is some player
            Unreal. England are absolutely killing you physically.

Comment

Even if it wasn't so crap it would be impossible not to get tired of rugby union. It's just constant. It is though, it's crap.

It must be cheap to buy the tv rights for it or something
              It's painful for us to watch but even despite the one sided score and that England have been 1.01 since 15 minutes in this is is a really good game. IMO

Comment

It's painful for us to watch but even despite the one sided score and that England have been 1.01 since 15 minutes in this is is a really good game. IMO
                We've got no running threat from 9 or 10. And two bulldozers in midfield.

Need some skill and subtlety in there badly...
                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

We've got no running threat from 9 or 10. And two bulldozers in midfield.

Funnily enough it would be 18-9 if we’d taken the easy penalties that were there. Which would have meant the last ten minutes we’d have had something to play for.

Need to reconsider that tactic against the big strong teams.
                  ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Like that!

Why not do that in the first minute? Get their defensive line thinking, turning and maybe slowing up.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

Unreal. England are absolutely killing you physically.
                      We won the second half.

And where's the EU solidarity here mon ami?

Comment

What a waste by England. Bringing on a scrumhalf like Robson in a game like this. I question Eddie Jones longer term plan a little. Still wtf do I know.

Comment

Like that!

Why not do that in the first minute? Get their defensive line thinking, turning and maybe slowing up.
                          Ross Byrne was playing 5m further back that’s why. The guy has been given chances and he’s stayed too conservative. His is a career that is going to die wondering imo.

Comment

Like that!

No you need to wait 74 minutes first. Carty who's not in the squad anymore has an array of chips and grubbers which would have been ideal today. Great execution by Burns tbf.

Imagine playing a team and having 1/4 of the opposition tackles but completely dominated. England get the ball wide and kick to the space so fast on each counter. Very impressive defence and line speed.

Comment

We won the second half.

And where's the EU solidarity here mon ami?
                              I was rooting for you, but England were impressive physically. This isn't a very important tourney, but Ireland are looking very tired in a lot of positions. That back row of yours got demolished.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post

Ross Byrne was playing 5m further back that’s why. The guy has been given chances and he’s stayed too conservative. His is a career that is going to die wondering imo.
                                Barely saw him do anything creative. A shocker

Comment

Byrne had zero telling impact on the game today unfortunately. Against that linespeed taking that extra step back is a recipe for disaster. He's a smart player, I wonder why he wasn't trying anything a little more subtle with the gaps behind the line.

Burns did it, fair play and it came off too. But I think we need to put the ball into no-man's land a lot more, and earlier vs England and quick-line-speed defences more often. Only way to slow that down is to make them second guess.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

Barely saw him do anything creative. A shocker
                                    I was in Croke park the day Johnny Sexton came on to replace Contemponi and just took the ball and his body language screamed we’re going to do it my way now. And he had that famous pop at ROG. You just can’t imagine Ross Byrne ever doing that.

We need a Carbery miracle or 1 or 2 from Harry Byrne, Billy Burns or Frawley to step up.

In terms of backrow I think Rhys Ruddock and a fit Dan Leavy would have made a big difference today. I wasn’t convinced about the POM selection even though he was decent in the first half and did offer an important bit of leadership support for James Ryan (who played very well).

Im not nearly as despondent as I was in March leaving Twickenham. We need a new loose head, time for a few hookers to step up, Ryan Baird to get a shot and to back youth in the backrow. 9/10 is an issue but we have decent centres to come back and new young talent in the back three which is exciting.

I don’t think Ireland win the 6Ns in 2021 but you can see some green shoots...in a way if feels like some proper world cup planning if I’m honest. I’d love to hear how Lloyd sees it.

Comment

Can't see Carberry ever playing again for a prolonged period. Sadly, he's just too slight for the pro game.

Comment

Can't see Carberry ever playing again for a prolonged period. Sadly, he's just too slight for the pro game.
                                        As a fair weather follower of the game, I always thought he was rather slight at that level.

I've crossed paths with him in person quite a few times, obviously in great shape but certainly a slimmer build than what I'd expect from an international.

Comment

I dunno I just felt watching the same five games every spring was tedious enough without some bright spark apparently deciding it would be a great buzz to have them in November as well.

It'd be like if the Premier League was on twice a year except it was just Liverpool Man City and four shit teams
                                          COVID put paid to the autumn internationals we were supposed to play Japan Australia and I think South Africa. Rugby players livelihoods are on the line they had to do something get some game time. Personally I think a country of 5 million bearing a country of 50-60 million England or France is a great result. They are great days in Dublin when either team is over a day out I miss. Kerry having to beat what’s been a poor cork team for years to win Munster can hardly get you wet or hard ?Change of Durant now with the super 8 s but Gaelic football is an abortion of a sport.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post

COVID put paid to the autumn internationals we were supposed to play Japan Australia and I think South Africa. Rugby players livelihoods are on the line they had to do something get some game time. Personally I think a country of 5 million bearing a country of 50-60 million England or France is a great result. They are great days in Dublin when either team is over a day out I miss. Kerry having to beat what’s been a poor cork team for years to win Munster can hardly get you wet or hard ?Change of Durant now with the super 8 s but Gaelic football is an abortion of a sport.
                                            No sure football is nearly as bad as rugby

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                              IPB friday night music review . Last week Billy Bragg this week Rock. Next week Funk - step forward Benny
                                              Well tonight it's Dr. John (Gris Gris voodoo vibes), Megan Thee Stallion (new album is ace but, bizarrely, there's no physical release) before moving on to some classic Blue Note jazz shortly while just starting Faith No More's biography.

Comment

IPB friday night music review . Last week Billy Bragg this week Rock. Next week Funk - step forward Benny
                                                Funk a week early!?

Fela Kuti: Father of Afrobeat

9.30pm, BBC Two

tonight

Comment

No sure football is nearly as bad as rugby
                                                  Watched the Meath Game there very grim dubs are excellent lots of new young players.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post

Watched the Meath Game there very grim dubs are excellent lots of new young players.
                                                    I didn't bother putting it on but they're something else alright.

Comment

War on drugs new live album is something else
                                                      this ones dedicated to the rugger lads
                                                      https://youtu.be/eY13y7vR2yY
                                                      Last edited by Guest; 21-11-20, 22:43.

Comment

So good even an audience cam does it justice..

I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

[QUOTE=Lazare;n1681034]So good even an audience cam does it justice..

Did I read somewhere that being really clumsy is a sign of being gifted, handsome and intelligent?
                                                          Hopefully I'm the only one who imagined your wife finding you with a car aerial up your bum.
                                                          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

[QUOTE=ComradeCollie;n1681035]
                                                            Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                            So good even an audience cam does it justice..

Hopefully I'm the only one who imagined your wife finding you with a car aerial up your bum.
                                                            Dont move Conor , we are getting radio 6 loud and clear .

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                              Big fan of these .

Comment

Haha, so far up it came out me eye

The clumsiness thing is very weird.

I have really good spacial awareness in most situations but at home, particularly in the kitchen, I'm a clumsy fuck. I can't empty a dishwasher without clanging a knife off the floor.

Last weekend our soft closing toilet lid stopped working, as in t stopped closing softly. I noticed this after banging it shut.

I banged it shut another five times.

​After the third time my wife laughed at me for being an idiot. She then spent an hour and a half upstairs getting the baby to sleep.
                                                                She crept down the stairs afterwards, all quiet and we set Netflix up for The Queen's Gambit. 'I'm just goin to the jacks' I said.

BOOOOM

Felt like a fucking idiot.

Then did it again.

​​​​​​
                                                                Last edited by Lazare; 22-11-20, 13:28.

Comment

Big fan of these .
                                                                  Check out their two KEXP sessions on YouTube

Comment

Didn't know this existed until las week, wow!

Comment

Didn't know this existed until las week, wow!
                                                                      Yeah.

Wow.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                        Such a strange band. The first 2 songs on their last album are the best driving songs I've ever heard. The album starts out 10/10 and fades into nothing. So disappointing.

Anyone seen them live? Do they fulfil the promise?

Comment

You should be able to change it in Power and Settings in Win 10
                                                                          Unless its subject to a work policy
                                                                          No, not subject to work policy, it’s a doozy. That setting doesn’t appear anymore in W10!

Comment

Another €30m done.

I feel there must be a story here but not sure what it is.
                                                                            Now gone over the €1bn mark.

It's a bit like lads betting on the winner of yesterday's rugby match today.

Comment

You can still bet on the outcome in Georgia (where the results have been audited and certified). You can also bet on the results in Pennsylvania and Michigan, where Biden has commanding leads and both of which certify their results tomorrow.

Just bizarre really. I don't think it reflects well on PP/Betfair/whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                The clumsiness thing is very weird.
                                                                                ​​​​​​
                                                                                What you described in this post is a question of mindfulness imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post

No, not subject to work policy, it’s a doozy. That setting doesn’t appear anymore in W10!

Comment

that is a breathtaking amount of tabs

Comment

There's absolutely a place for someone his size at test level - he's pretty much the same profile as Ntamac. Joey however, is unfortunately made of crystal. Munster still haven't given an ETA on his return from injury. Not sure what to take from that but they wouldn't give an ETA on Murray's neck injury in the past.

Comment

Try this setting for screensaver timeout -> https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/ans...indows-10.html

It should do what you're looking for provided your power settings don't conflict. Control Panel > System and Security > Power Option.

Comment

If anyone is doing a 3rd level course these OpenUni books are likely applicable to most courses, free via Amazon: https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?i=digital...ty&ref=is_pp_2

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                                                            That's just one window Another three windows in the background

Comment

Just bizarre really. I don't think it reflects well on PP/Betfair/whatever.
                                                                                              What does it matter to them? They are just collecting a %. The longer the market is active the better from their perspective. Clearly it is active if money is going in.
                                                                                              Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Those Tipperary throwback jerseys are a thing of beauty.
                                                                                                Be fitting if they held out for the win here (also would be lolCorktastic, but that's just a bonus)

Comment

Might be of interest to some on here.........

"Amazon customers warned about misleading product reviews ahead of busy Christmas period"

The Channel 4 documentary The Truth About Amazon investigated five-star ratings on specific products available on the website, finding that, for example, that popular products such as headphone adapters were boosted by unrelated items such as cat scratching posts, remote-controlled helicopters and even an inflatable birthing ball.

The programme also discovered that a ‘dog casino’ for pets, which had been reviewed more than 17,354 times and boasted an average 4.3 star rating, had pooled reviews left for other dog toys from the same range.
                                                                                                  Customers of online retail platform Amazon have been warned about misleading product reviews ahead of the busy Christmas period.

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

85 years is a long time to wait for a Munster.... Its a long long way to Tipperary!
                                                                                                    No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post

What does it matter to them? They are just collecting a %. The longer the market is active the better from their perspective. Clearly it is active if money is going in.
                                                                                                      Indeed as long as there is money there and Trump hasn't conceded they won't close it.

What doesn't make sense to me is that there is almost as much traded below 1.12 after most other similarly configured markets had closed and it became clear that any path to Trump being paid as a winner in that market lies in the fractions of fractions of a %. I see how a lot of it must be people buying money from people who want to close their positions but that cannot explain all of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                                                                        7 Guardian tabs. The woke gauntlet has been thrown!

Comment

Twitter has me confused as to whether Grafton Street is a ghost town, or party central. It's like that cat in a box.

Comment

Comment

The semis from 100 years ago. It had to be .

Comment

The semis from 100 years ago. It had to be .
                                                                                                                Ugh.

Comment

screenshot.png
                                                                                                                  I don't seem to get the same options?

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post

Try this setting for screensaver timeout -> https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/ans...indows-10.html

It should do what you're looking for provided your power settings don't conflict. Control Panel > System and Security > Power Option.
                                                                                                                    thanks, i'll try that

Comment

screenshot.png
                                                                                                                      I don't seem to get the same options?
                                                                                                                      Are you actually typing "power" into the search box ? It wont be in the populated menu. Only because I made the same mistake.
                                                                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Can anyone recommend a good place online to buy a chef's knife, or recommend a good knife.

Budget €100

Comment

I got a zwellig knife in arnotts for around that price in the sales a few years ago.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X