Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuck me...be a good time to start forming a new political party ( or for the Libertarians to try expand) in US as GOP trying to out FF FF

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post

hardly controversial. Salah is out due to Covid. 1st team defense all injured. Henderson out also I think. Leicester will rip through them.
      Leicester's back line is not looking great either, from the starting line up they're missing Castagne, Perreira and Soyuncu. Also no Ndidi in front of them.
      And I'd be waiting for Liverpool's line up before backing Leicester, the fitness of Fabinho, Henderson and Thiago are all still unknown.
      Last edited by Charlie Sheen; 19-11-20, 21:38.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
        Almost took my eye out this morning. Came back from a run and was walking back to the house, pitch dark. Jumped down off the kerb between two parked cars as there was a girl walking towards me on the path and felt a sharp sting.

Walked right into a car aeriel. Hit me a cm below the right eye and caused a cut. I'll have a shiner but Jesus I was lucky.
        Car Aerial, what was it a Datsun?
        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Having problems streaming from my laptop to chromecast, buffering like fck but surely my eir router should be able to handle a 1080p file
          Laptop is an i7 with 16Gb and wouldn't be too busy doing anything else
          Doesn't matter if I use VideoStream, VLC player or plex

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
            Having problems streaming from my laptop to chromecast, buffering like fck but surely my eir router should be able to handle a 1080p file
            Laptop is an i7 with 16Gb and wouldn't be too busy doing anything else
            Doesn't matter if I use VideoStream, VLC player or plex
            Get an Apple TV, problem solved

Comment

Rudi is a gift that just keeps on giving

EnN-k2QVQAAXbW1?format=jpg&name=small.jpg

Comment

Car Aerial, what was it a Datsun?
                Wife said similar.

A recent enough Hyundai coupe

I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                  This gallery has 1 photos.
                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Rudi is a gift that just keeps on giving

EnN-k2QVQAAXbW1?format=jpg&name=small.jpg
                    Dafuq is going on there?
                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Dafuq is going on there?
                          Cheap shoe polish or maybe some soy sauce. Rudy doesn't seem like a man into his appearance so any nearby dark substance is good enough to throw on his head.

Comment

FFS!
                            GTFO and knackered is fine an an expression for broken down and tired but but using knacker is not... It's not complicated its just good fucking manners.
                            What if the person in question is in fact a knacker (horses).

Last edited by Mellor; 20-11-20, 05:44.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post
                              Anyone use Qobuz? Probably gonna give it a test run this weekend. Is the 24-bit res all it's cracked up to be?
                              Did you try the tidal offer I posted recently? Really liking it so far and may scrap my Spotify membership all together

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

Did you try the tidal offer I posted recently? Really liking it so far and may scrap my Spotify membership all together
                                Let us know how you get on. I really want to stop supporting Spotify.

Comment

I finished the rough draft of my most ambitious track, it turned out way better than I had hoped for. 4 Violins, live drum and bass and a trumpet. https://soundcloud.com/user-53190158...ughmix-4-60bpm

Comment

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

nah its 'sufficient network calls'. Theres only two network calls - Fox+AP, all the others. So when they both call it, its done. Almost certainly today.

I feel you are doing a Trump here. Denying something that is going to be easily disproved when everyone is paid out today or at the latest over the weekend.

ah - so its impossible to prove that you are wrong, but I've already been proved wrong even when they will undoubtedly pay today or tomorrow. Its a weird type of wrongness to be honest given the question was about when we'll get paid.
                                      So it's been two weeks since the above, how's that payout coming along?

I am genuinely bemused at how confidently you stated that a payout was imminent, given the obviousness of the unfolding challenges.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post

What if the person in question is in fact a knacker (horses).
                                        That's a horse of a different colour

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                          I finished the rough draft of my most ambitious track, it turned out way better than I had hoped for. 4 Violins, live drum and bass and a trumpet. https://soundcloud.com/user-53190158...ughmix-4-60bpm
                                          Did you consider throwing your name in the ring as a wildcard for 2fm Rising Stars?

I heard Eoghan McDermott mention it on 2FM this morning, entries still open.

Comment

So it's been two weeks since the above, how's that payout coming along?

I am genuinely bemused at how confidently you stated that a payout was imminent, given the obviousness of the unfolding challenges.
                                            You beat me to it.

I was holding out for

2dddf5bd0fd43a5341351e96f7dc8f75.jpg

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post

A word play on some well-known poker/game based film or TV show that people will know.

The Queen's Gambler is about the best I've got.
                                                Call the Midwife
                                                You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Seems a bit mean to be holding people to account for past statements. I mean is that what we've now lowered ourselves to?
                                                  I'm only joking, I never intended on mentioning it tbh, I just wanted to use that meme.

My own thoughts on it could not have been more equivocal anyway, a lot of "I'm not saying they won't settle" etc. Also I was 100% wrong in my thoughts that PP would remain aligned with BF the whole way through.

Comment

I'm only joking, I never intended on mentioning it tbh, I just wanted to use that meme.

My own thoughts on it could not have been more equivocal anyway, a lot of "I'm not saying they won't settle" etc. Also I was 100% wrong in my thoughts that PP would remain aligned with BF the whole way through.
                                                    It does seem like the main reason for not settling at this point is to see can they hit the magic €1bn number for the market.
                                                    €885bn right now and you can stick €11.6m on Biden at 1.05 should you have the dosh and feel so inclined...

Comment

Interesting. Must have missed it. What HiFi? mag reckons Tidal high-res sounds better than Qobuz. Will check it out too. Cheers.

Comment

Let us know how you get on. I really want to stop supporting Spotify.
                                                        i really like it to be honest. The interface is very similar to spotify, and so far every thing has been there that i've wanted to listen to. I mainly listen to music with headphones, and with a good pair, the quality is noticeably improved, especially with classical. I've no doubt that with a good sound system, the quality would be significantly improved also. Everything appears slightly less flat and sharper across the board. The only thing i'd see as an issue is their back catalog and more obscure stuff, which is why i'd be curious to see how Benny or SP got on with it from a rock/indie/folk perspective or you from a techno perspective.

i've got the whole family on it now, and just waiting for the opportune time to shut spotify down. (FWIW, there is a very simple process to transfer all your playlists etc. from spotify onto tidal, so no need to rebuild your database, which has taken the sting out of the kids arguments so far).

The only really stupid thing is their pricing model. it's 19.99 wherever you are so USD19.99, EUR19.99, GBP19.99, TRY19.99 , so worth using a VPN and getting on the TRY19.99

definitely worth a try anyway

Comment

This is great. Violins sound very excellent and love when the drums/sax come in. Super stuff.

So what software/hardware are you using?

Comment

Comment

ah yeah I'm messing also if it wasn't clear.

it does seem strange how PP and BF went separate ways. And I still don't get how BF hasn't closed. They should have used a term 'state projected votes' if thats what they meant, as most people understand 'projected vote' to be the process whereby networks call the election.
                                                              I wasn't sure but I have you on my blocklist and I consider you a bit of a vagabond now.

I think the gambling commission will step in somehow and tell them that there is too much ambiguity in the market and given it's size they need to clarify the terms better moving forward.

Next time around it will have to be different.

Comment

So if Trump somehow manages to coup his way back into the white house. Do the bookies then pay out on Trump or do they wait until the Democrats storm the whitehouse and take it for the electorate or do they wait until there is a counter attack on the Dems led by the Proud boys or do they………………….WTF are they waiting for is my point. Jan 20th I guess. I think Biden should have his inauguration in Gettysburg

scuse spellings.

Comment

I wasn't sure but I have you on my blocklist and I consider you a bit of a vagabond now.

I think the gambling commission will step in somehow and tell them that there is too much ambiguity in the market and given it's size they need to clarify the terms better moving forward.

Next time around it will have to be different.
                                                                  Terms should be: "we will settle this market once the following news organizations have called the winner"

then insert whatever news orgs take your pick - maybe CNN, ABC, AP, Fox, New York Times, BBC

That's unambiguous and gives clarity to both sides.

Comment

Missed the Leo tweet and TikTok's 1,100 hires.

I'm not surprised at all as pretty much everyone I worked with regularly in my last 2 roles have been messaged by TikTok in recent months.

Two different people who went on to 2nd/3rd round said the salary range was 30% higher than what they expected.

Comment

It does seem like the main reason for not settling at this point is to see can they hit the magic €1bn number for the market.
                                                                      €885m right now and you can stick €11.6m on Biden at 1.05 should you have the dosh and feel so inclined...
                                                                      that €885m just jumped by almost €30m in two hours - now €912m traded and the 1.05 is all gone. Would love to see what increments it went in.
                                                                      €7.3m there at 1.04 for anyone who wants a nice return.

Comment

it does seem strange how PP and BF went separate ways. And I still don't get how BF hasn't closed. They should have used a term 'state projected votes' if thats what they meant, as most people understand 'projected vote' to be the process whereby networks call the election.
                                                                        As I said you you on the night, the official winner of each state is also only a projected vote - actual vote is later by electors.
                                                                        They also made it clear that they would hold off for legal wrangling. No point did they suggest it was new media and news media only.

I'm not sure if TAB are paying out yet. Probably not the bastards.

Comment

Did you consider throwing your name in the ring as a wildcard for 2fm Rising Stars?

I heard Eoghan McDermott mention it on 2FM this morning, entries still open.
                                                                          Haha, cheers! I'm more of a behind the scenes producer. I have the face for radio and the voice for email. I actually have a pretty watertight plan for world domination though...watch this space.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post

This is great. Violins sound very excellent and love when the drums/sax come in. Super stuff.

So what software/hardware are you using?
                                                                            Thanks Benny!

My answer is going to bore you though, I do everything with Ableton. I write the whole thing with VST instruments and then send it to musicians. I love the back and forth with the musicians - this song was supposed to be a minute short but the trumpet player sent me back two takes, and I loved both so I just extended the song. The violinist suggested having several violins which ended up working really well, the initial song is a shadow of what it is now.

Comment

...

Comment

As I said you you on the night, the official winner of each state is also only a projected vote - actual vote is later by electors.
                                                                                They also made it clear that they would hold off for legal wrangling. No point did they suggest it was new media and news media only.

I'm not sure if TAB are paying out yet. Probably not the bastards.

I'm not sure if the Oz TAB is the same as NZ TAB but if they are you'll be glad to know that it's PPBF running their book in the back so perhaps working off the BF decision making.

Comment

that €885m just jumped by almost €30m in two hours - now €912m traded and the 1.05 is all gone. Would love to see what increments it went in.
                                                                                  Looks like someone stepped in and bought 1M with a 20M bet this morning

Can't beat free money
                                                                                  1.05 €127,436,999
                                                                                  1.06 €65,751,879
                                                                                  1.07 €42,432,409
                                                                                  1.08 €21,440,061
                                                                                  1.09 €20,595,860
                                                                                  1.1 €25,814,974
                                                                                  1.11 €15,379,122
                                                                                  Extraordinary volumes now

Comment

Looks like someone stepped in and bought 1M with a 20M bet this morning

Can't beat free money
                                                                                    1.05 €127,436,999
                                                                                    1.06 €65,751,879
                                                                                    1.07 €42,432,409
                                                                                    1.08 €21,440,061
                                                                                    1.09 €20,595,860
                                                                                    1.1 €25,814,974
                                                                                    1.11 €15,379,122
                                                                                    Extraordinary volumes now
                                                                                    what would BF be picking up in commission here? Can't imagine they're in any hurry at all to close the market with these volumes

Comment

what would BF be picking up in commission here? Can't imagine they're in any hurry at all to close the market with these volumes
                                                                                      I guess approx 3% of the 1m bought so something in the range of 30k?

Comment

1.5% is supposed to be the lowest rate available but that is available to the likes of you and I so I'd imagine deals are done for big volume players.

Comment

Cheeky back-up tenner for Harris at 999/1 in case covid/trump fan wipes out Biden in the coming 2 months
                                                                                          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Lets not reopen the conversation too much, but right there in their rules they said they will pay out on projected votes. So I'd imagine common understanding was that this would be based on what is commonly called projected votes.
                                                                                            Sure, but they suffixed it with - unless Trump "one of the candidates" tries some legal nonsense and ties it up.
                                                                                            Anyway, only dug it up for the lolz.

Comically Melli meme might make a singular appearance in future though

I'm not sure if the Oz TAB is the same as NZ TAB but if they are you'll be glad to know that it's PPBF running their book in the back so perhaps working off the BF decision making.
                                                                                            It's the PP model afaik. They closed the book pretty promptly. So I imagine they have paid out. SportsBet paid out within hours.

Comment

What do we think the real % chance of Trump being the next president at?

Comment

What do we think the real % chance of Trump being the next president at?
                                                                                                2 to 5% shot? only way i can see is if he bribes is way into placing dodgy electors on the 14th?

no real clue tbh, but that would be my guess

Comment

2 to 5% shot? only way i can see is if he bribes is way into placing dodgy electors on the 14th?

no real clue tbh, but that would be my guess
                                                                                                  States have laws in place that the electors have to abide by the certified results

his chance is < 0.0001%

Comment

Comment

States have laws in place that the electors have to abide by the certified results

his chance is < 0.0001%
                                                                                                      What's that, a million to one? What's your max bet!

Comment

Trump has a good chance of being in the White House on Jan 20. Probably hiding under the bed . Should be gone by 9am though .

Comment

Wow, a poker book (how 2008). Has anyone read this?

Comment

his chance is < 0.0001%
                                                                                                            Not all the states, about half afaik

Comment

Another €18m in the following two hours.

Now €930m. Probably dwarfing the actual Election Day market itself.

Comment

I'm halfway thru and enjoying

Comment

Comment

Can buy the book for 3euros on Google and not the 14 dollars quoted there. Just brought it and read the prologue. Seems well written. Reading that small bit brought back the memories of the LA poker rooms and describes it perfectly.

The LA rooms really were the pits
                                                                                                                    No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Good piece on the war on drugs in the NYT today: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/20/o...mexico-us.html

Comment

Good piece on the war on drugs in the NYT today: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/20/o...mexico-us.html
                                                                                                                        Do you find NYT website terrible?

I don't even think that the IT website is as bad.

Compared to something like The Atlantic which I know you read or The Economist. The difference is night and day.

Comment

...

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X