X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

I think it’s correct to get angry about physical goods that are worse in nearly every way then what they have replaced (financially and environmentally and privacy wise) then what they’ve replaced. But people can see it because “convenience “

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
        Are you saying that if you said the apple equivalent of 'hey google' that your phone wouldn't answer?
        I turn it off
        and apples equivalent of hey google is functionally retarded

Comment

Hue lights are great. Not sure about putting them behind a tv though.

Comment

Mink genocide one of the bright spots of this lockdown- good man tony

Comment

Did most people know we have mink farms here? I thought that kind of stuff died out years ago.
              Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                Finding a bit of time for reading lately. Almost finished Robert Harris' latest 'V2'. Really enjoying it. Have read his Cicero series and Pompeii.

Can anyone recommend anything else by him or similar authors?
                I thought V2 was the weakest thing he has turned out so far, just felt at times he was struggling to shoehorn the human interest story to the historical events in a way he usually masters with ease. Still a thumping good read.
                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                  Did most people know we have mink farms here? I thought that kind of stuff died out years ago.
                  I knew they were still a thing because I have relatives who had one until the late 90s/early 00s.

If what they've told me in the past is true, they have been declining for years.

A few years ago my mam found one wandering around outside Tesco in Kildare.
                  She knew exactly what it was and had to warn off the security guard from trying to catch it

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                    I replied to your questions here

HJ/OPR/Tar/anyone else that follows crypto What is the general view in the cypto world and it's role in the future. Is the consensus view that it's a non-fiat asset that's part of everyone's portfolio, or is it that it will be the actual main currency? A currency that doesn't suffer inflation sounds great for the individual

Comment

You've reminded me I need to put some mink oil on my shoes (which I don't wear anymore as I never go anywhere shoe-worthy )

Squeeze out a mink there Ted.
                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

The poor minks plenty of wild ones about. Price of good fur stuff be cheap for the Christmas. 20 odd years ago lived in the Netherlands. Two guys I knew got offered jobs skinning minks. As glamorous as it sounded I didn’t partake was 20 guilders an hour about 7 pounds tax free circa 1998. They came out in a big tray after being gassed. Then sharp knife or scalpel skin away. No wonder substance abuse was so prevelant.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                          I'll read all of that later, you might add in any other blogs/podcasts/publications you follow.

I clicked in to the first video, a little funny that his name is Raoul Pal

Comment

Comment

Comment

This is the type of nonsense you should be getting angry about PSV. Not physical goods.

According to a tweet I read this week it's now forbidden to say you're knackered.
                                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Comment

A few years ago activists released thousands of mink from a farm somewhere west.
                                    quote the hollow “salvation”. As they were non-native for a start, and once in the wild went about wiping out a lot of threatened wild birds.

Comment

blacklist has now changed to blocklist, a guy i was on the phone with yesterday from another company had to correct himself etc and say he wasn't allowed to say that any more.

The laughing smiley makes no sense as it is a funny/happy crying?

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                        blacklist has now changed to blocklist, a guy i was on the phone with yesterday from another company had to correct himself etc and say he wasn't allowed to say that any more.

Let the guardian explain

in fairness most likely place to encounter that emoji is when it’s accompanied by an extremely unfunny link/meme on WhatsApp

Comment

FFS!
                                          If there is one thing worse than a fucking month of Fairytale of New York its two fucking months of homophobic racists making out that their right to use the word faggot is the hill that freedom of expression should die on.

GTFO and knackered is fine an an expression for broken down and tired but but using knacker is not... It's not complicated its just good fucking manners.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

According to a tweet I read this week it's now forbidden to say you're knackered.
                                            Is niggardly OK? Used on morning last week, in the place of mean or stingy. Didn't have an issue with it myself.
                                            Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post

Whitelist still whitelist then?
                                              Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Irish people complaining about "words you're not allowed to use anymore" always makes me laugh/want my brain to explode

Same people lose their shit if they hear an English accent say Paddy!

Comment

Love my philips hue lights, have been replacing lights in the house with Hue equivalent as and when they wear out.
                                                  Designing new offIces for our Dept at the moment too, and will be the white versions of Hue lights above everyone's desk and in breakout area as well.
                                                  Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                  https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

You can say whatever you want, whenever you want. Words aren't banned in this country or, with notable exceptions, any other western country.

There may be consequences if you say them, however. But that's different. Speech has never been consequence free. It's just the inversion of the consequence of certain words (instead of the speaker casually racially abusing someone or perpetuating a stereotype now the speaker gets shunned or marginalised).

You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                    World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post

Whitelist still whitelist then?
                                                      Nah we call that blacklist now.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                        You can say whatever you want, whenever you want. Words aren't banned in this country or, with notable exceptions, any other western country.

There may be consequences if you say them, however. But that's different. Speech has never been consequence free. It's just the inversion of the consequence of certain words (instead of the speaker casually racially abusing someone or perpetuating a stereotype now the speaker gets shunned or marginalised).
                                                        So Amy Coney Barret. . Yey? Or Neigh ?

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                          Irish people complaining about "words you're not allowed to use anymore" always makes me laugh/want my brain to explode

The I'm all right Jack brigade dont like the limey comments either . Shit gets lost .

Comment

Originally posted by mocata View Post
                                                            Whole UK trade flow is backed up behind loads of containers of shite PPE bought by tory cronies.
                                                            It really is a complete and utter shit show of the highest order

It is now significantly cheaper to ship ex Asia to Ireland than the UK

We're seeing rates ex Asia to FXT in excess of $8K per 40' and people queueing up to pay it as they have to get their goods on the water before Christmas. There is a very small trend of people starting to say that they will wait until after CNY on Feb 12th (most can't wait though) to move goods but if that trend continues, it will just extend the current shit show even further.

Getting equipment/space is only half the battle as once you are on the vessel, there is no guarantee it will call in the UK as planned. Lots of vessels are diverting to other ports in the UK and some even discharging UK bound containers in mainland Europe with not much of a plan to get them across the channel.

When you do finally get the stuff into the UK, you'll be waiting a minimum of 2 weeks to get a haulier with availability to deliver it your premises.

Comment

Comment

Comment

I started a Photoshop course a couple weeks back and have 5 portfolio assignments to and one of them is to design either a "Magazine/Book Front Cover or Poster" I'll probably go down the route of a magazine and use one of the many winner shots I've taken over the years at poker events, I'm trying to think up a fictional name for a poker magazine so any suggestions greatly appreciate
                                                                  Last edited by tylerdurden94; 19-11-20, 15:38.
                                                                  "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Seems like some bright spark anticipated the Kayroo Defence.
                                                                    Morally banned was just such a stupid phrase I ignored it.

I presume you meant words have become taboo? Prohibited by means of social custom. Doesn't mean you can't say them, just that there's a social consequence if you do.
                                                                    You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                    World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post
                                                                        I had ordered the Philips OLED 805 55" TV from richer sounds but after delaying delivery they say now they can't fulfil it and are offering me an LG OLED55CX5LB instead (which is nominally dearer), but it is missing the killer feature I wanted, the philips ambilight on the TV. Stupid website. No irish retailer seems to stock it, I can't drive to Newry to buy one with Covid at the price it was on RS in Currys (they don't have it in the Irish Currys) and I don't really want to trust parcel motel with delivering it. Annoying when I decided what overpriced TV I was going to commit to.
                                                                        That LG tv is fantastic it's the one I'm looking to upgrade to at some stage.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                          I started a Photoshop course a couple weeks back and have 5 portfolio assignments to and one of them is to design either a "Magazine/Book Front Cover or Poster" I'll probably go down the route of a magazine and use one of the many winner shots I've taken over the years at poker events, I'm trying to think up a fictional name for the magazine so any suggestions greatly appreciate
                                                                          You are the only Danny on here that hasnt tried to rip people off so I will help you. Call it DANNYS EXPOSE
                                                                          Last edited by Solksjaer!; 19-11-20, 15:31.

Comment

Was cycling down the shop there and some guy takes what seemed like a flip through the air and landed on his ass on the road. Middle-aged guy, so he wasn't messing around. I don't know if maybe he was climbing down from something as it really looked like he properly flipped which he couldn't have done if he'd started on the footpath unless he deliberately set out to flip himself onto the road. Anyway, the notable thing for me as a spectator is that I saw this happening and it almost didn't even enter my head as a real thing that was happening. Maybe it was so movie perfect or I was lost in my head thinking about something - but my mind seemed to have processed the whole event as it was happening as if it was a perfectly normal part of the scenery for something like that to happen. Bit weird.
                                                                            Jaysus Hitch what's going on . I'm lost

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

You are the only Danny on here that hasnt tried to rip people off so I will help you. Call it DANNYS EXPOSE
                                                                              I should've been more specific in it being a poker magazine.

Comment

A word play on some well-known poker/game based film or TV show that people will know.

The Queen's Gambler is about the best I've got.

Comment

I got that.

It was a nod to the dirty Danny's dealings in here . A bit obtuse but the front cover needs to be the 3 Dannys in a Charlie's Angel pose . Only ONE is an Angel . I've had sugar again.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post

Wouldn’t bother me in the slightest tbh. All a matter of perspective, we’ve outgrown it.

i think the issue is that there’s no real harm in much of what’s discussed, and no intention to harm, but it’s being weaponised by people taking extreme positions on both sides.

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post

A word play on some well-known poker/game based film or TV show that people will know.

The Queen's Gambler is about the best I've got.
                                                                                      SUITS ?

Comment

...
                                                                                        Attached Files

Comment

Re the front cover tyler. I wonder if its almost a bit outdated to go for the single shot front page cover that every poker magazine seems to want to emulate - not that you said you are going to do this, but I'm just assuming you will. When actually the only magazines that currently sell are those gossip magazines that have a load of gossip stories on the front that make you want to read inside. Those types of front covers seem to be better at getting people to pick them up off the shelf. E.g. this random example below. I'd say there's an element of snobbiness towards this type of front cover despite it being the only magazine type that still sells any copies.

HeatMagazineFront-Cover.jpg
                                                                                          Makes me realise how old I am. I know who Gwyneth Palthrow is although Gemma is probably only 5 G&T away.

Comment

Re the front cover tyler. I wonder if its almost a bit outdated to go for the single shot front page cover that every poker magazine seems to want to emulate - not that you said you are going to do this, but I'm just assuming you will. When actually the only magazines that currently sell are those gossip magazines that have a load of gossip stories on the front that make you want to read inside. Those types of front covers seem to be better at getting people to pick them up off the shelf. E.g. this random example below. I'd say there's an element of snobbiness towards this type of front cover despite it being the only magazine type that still sells any copies.
                                                                                            I'm only learning the application after avoiding it for many years so I don't think I'm going to get too fancy with the assignment, keeping it simple for now.

Comment

Society losing the dimensions of context and tone when it comes to language is really disappointing I think.

Comment

I'm only learning the application after avoiding it for many years so I don't think I'm going to get too fancy with the assignment, keeping it simple for now.

If you do want to go for the single shot from your archive, I do think this might be one of your best

1354618619_pokerhat.jpg.30f09ffb3a9bb8ee0e3d4c444c4ee502.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                  Society losing the dimensions of context and tone when it comes to language is really disappointing I think.
                                                                                                  Just as much as the desire to cause offence, it's the propensity to go from zero to screaming outrage that is the real problem

Comment

If you ever wanted to know too much about mink oil, well here it is

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post

If you do want to go for the single shot from your archive, I do think this might be one of your best
                                                                                                      Classic

Comment

Trump's latest genius idea is that he won Pennsylvania if you don't count black voters.

Comment

Leicester must be the value bet against liverpool on Sunday. Liverpool are down to the bare bones and are there for the taking. Leicester odds should be lower imo.
                                                                                                          No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                            I agree... But with regards to fairytale...

Apart from the twitter snowflake word police (who are a very small group in real terms and who should just be ignored anyway), the context of people being offended by this particular song is when you hear it in a pub and 50 people sing along, sing faggot louder than the other words and then laugh/cheer

I can understand people taking offence to that...so can the pouges fwiw

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                                                                              Leicester must be the value bet against liverpool on Sunday. Liverpool are down to the bare bones and are there for the taking. Leicester odds should be lower imo.
                                                                                                              Ah dream on would ya

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

Jaysus Hitch what's going on . I'm lost
                                                                                                                Hitch ran over some guy on his bike!

Comment

Originally posted by The Istanbul View Post

Ah dream on would ya
                                                                                                                  hardly controversial. Salah is out due to Covid. 1st team defense all injured. Henderson out also I think. Leicester will rip through them.
                                                                                                                  No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Anyone use Qobuz? Probably gonna give it a test run this weekend. Is the 24-bit res all it's cracked up to be?

Comment

Almost took my eye out this morning. Came back from a run and was walking back to the house, pitch dark. Jumped down off the kerb between two parked cars as there was a girl walking towards me on the path and felt a sharp sting.

Walked right into a car aeriel. Hit me a cm below the right eye and caused a cut. I'll have a shiner but Jesus I was lucky.
                                                                                                                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Fwiw... I basically agree with South Park but it doesn't affect me so...

Last edited by Guest; 19-11-20, 21:16.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X