• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it on anywhere before then?

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post

45 mins or so. Split tees. 3 balls.
      how come they're not teeing off in the normal order, ie bottom of the order to top ?

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

how come they're not teeing off in the normal order, ie bottom of the order to top ?
        I haven’t seen the order but I assume it’s so they can get everyone done today and back to normal tomorrow.

sunsets early in Georgia
        This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
        All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
        The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
          Is it on anywhere before then?
          Masters.com usually have a few live streams but I don’t know about tv coverage.

masters is unusual in that they control all the pictures and programming.
          All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

I haven’t seen the order but I assume it’s so they can get everyone done today and back to normal tomorrow.

sunsets early in Georgia
            the cut is only 50, it looks like they're starting in the middle of the order, and starting from both 1st and 10th and working up and down from there. not seen that before, or maybe I just never noticed.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

I think they are doing so, the last 5 groups starting at Hole 1 are the top 15 from the leaderboard, so it should all build to a decent finish to the day around 9-10pm.
              Those starting from the 10th Hole seems to be a different ordering alright.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post

I think they are doing so, the last 5 groups starting at Hole 1 are the top 15 from the leaderboard, so it should all build to a decent finish to the day around 9-10pm.
                Those starting from the 10th Hole seems to be a different ordering alright.
                Yeah, i guess it might be considered a bit unfair if the last group were playing the front 9 first and the penultimate group played the back 9 first.

Comment

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Rory doing a Rory.

Textbook. Any kind of expectation/necessity and the chap turns into a fucking biscuit.

Comment

Rory doing a Rory.

Textbook. Any kind of expectation/necessity and the chap turns into a fucking biscuit.
                      Is it the mental side of the game or coaching/caddy related? He wilts under the spotlight any time I watch him lately. Up until lockdown he had lots of high finishes. Pressure off now and he's -5 for the day through 10.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post

Is it the mental side of the game or coaching/caddy related? He wilts under the spotlight any time I watch him lately. Up until lockdown he had lots of high finishes. Pressure off now and he's -5 for the day through 10.
                        It’s hard to know. But I agree, he definitely seems to fall apart with any kind of pressure. Some on here don’t agree and I find it really hard to see how it’s not a thing.

His buddy on the bag, hard to know if that’s a help or hindrance.

He’s teasing us again today. Absolutely charging when there’s no pressure. Fully expect him to get to -10/-11 and fall apart again.

Comment

Kinda like the Irish rugby team.

Maybe we are just a nation of bottlers.

Comment

I don't really think a guy with 4 majors can be called a bottler.

Comment

Rory has two main problems

1. Can't putt

2. Not a psychopath.... Errr I mean he doesn't have that winning mentality...you know where you have everything but still need to win every week like your last meal depends on it

Apparently he never really had the "winning mentality"

He made it despite shit putting, got everything and dropped a little...like a human

Comment

Rory's done what Kaymer Faldo and Duval types . If it's not broke dont fix it. Plus the bravado types obsession with distance . He looks around too much and he definitely needs a caddie that's says NO RORY FFS NO. I dont think it's a bottle thing really , it's a concentration thing. Dustin got his wedges out and worked at them . Hes also prone to blowouts. Not over by a long chalk.

Comment

I could prob hear the concentration argument. Just hard to imagine how he doesn’t concentrate when trying to win his career grand slam. Or in any major. Could see it on the reg PGA weeks maybe.

The “he has 4 majors so can’t be a bottler” is such lazy analysis, if even for the fact he has admitted feeling the pressure and it affecting him on many occasions.

like even just read his wiki. So many examples of bottling for someone with such ability.

Comment

What Kaymer did might be the stupidest thing ever

I'm world number 1, world number 1's should be able to hit it both ways, I'm gonna change my swing WTF?

Said himself recently that it was stupid

Comment

It’s hard to know. But I agree, he definitely seems to fall apart with any kind of pressure. Some on here don’t agree and I find it really hard to see how it’s not a thing.

His buddy on the bag, hard to know if that’s a help or hindrance.
                                      Usually a hindrance.

Comment

I could prob hear the concentration argument. Just hard to imagine how he doesn’t concentrate when trying to win his career grand slam. Or in any major. Could see it on the reg PGA weeks maybe.

The “he has 4 majors so can’t be a bottler” is such lazy analysis, if even for the fact he has admitted feeling the pressure and it affecting him on many occasions.

like even just read his wiki. So many examples of bottling for someone with such ability.
                                        What's your definition of "bottling it?" Like for sure he's had instances of losing leads most notably 10 years ago (?) at Augusta. But so do most successful golfers. I just think it's incredibly harsh to label him as a bottler seeing as he has been a very successful golfer overall over a relatively short career. Lazy analysis if you will.

I think what frustrates most people about McIllroy is that he will shoot a terrible score in a particular round (often round 1 or 2) and then shoot the lights out on subsequent days even though the bad round has effectively blown his chances.

The likes of Westwood/Poulter are bottlers IMO.
                                        Last edited by Degag; 14-11-20, 20:28.

Comment

Who was the last World Number 1 who won the masters i wonder? Was it Tiger? Had a look through the past winners there and unless Speith was in 2015 it must have been i think.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Degag View Post

What's your definition of "bottling it?" Like for sure he's had instances of losing leads most notably 10 years ago (?) at Augusta. But so do most successful golfers. I just think it's incredibly harsh to label him as a bottler seeing as he has been a very successful golfer overall over a relatively short career. Lazy analysis if you will.

I think what frustrates most people about McIllroy is that he will shoot a terrible score in a particular round (often round 1 or 2) and then shoot the lights out on subsequent days even though the bad round has effectively blown his chances.

The likes of Westwood/Poulter are bottlers IMO.
                                              Bottling it is performing extremely poorly under pressure. Pressure makes every single person perform worse, but bottling it is performing significantly worse under pressure.

I actually agree with you that the terrible one round, lights out the rest is the issue. I think its just caused by pressure, either by himself, or by an opponent, of by a situation.

Examples of Rory performing poorly under pressure:

2016 WGC - gave up a 3 shot lead
                                              2016 Masters - five over par final round. 77.
                                              Ryder Cup - losing to Paddy Reed (this is arguable, he was beaten by a better man on the day, but Rory made some awful awful putts).
                                              2017 Masters - final round 74. He wasn't really in contention here, 3 shots back, but he had a chance. Shooting 74 when you need to shoot 67 is terrible. Crumbled.
                                              2019 Open First round - Tugged one OB on the first tee.
                                              2019 Open second round - tugged one into a bunker on when he needed to make par to just make the cut.
                                              2019 - How many top 5's with no close. Yeah, potentially variance and just bad luck but certainly a trend.
                                              2020 Masters - terrible first round when pressure is on, shoots lights out from then on.

Outside of all that, watch him week to week, his putting when he needs to make it is awful. 6-10ft when he needs it, he misses it.

Yes, it could be some other reason, it could be pure variance. But... my hypotheses is that he is a bottler. There are just too many examples.

Comment

Also at a really technical level, he tends to tug it when he misses in what I would call "pressure situations". Thats usually a sign of pressure affecting the tension in your grip. Holding to tight, keeping club head closed. Titty tugging it.

Comment

Couldn't be more perfect.

Comment

Fuck sake, there isn't a hole that DJ doesn't threaten.

Not a chance he blows this tomorrow.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

What has happened to Rahm since he topped that fairway wood? Madness.

He looks like me at my best out there.

Comment

Tomorrows a formality I think. DJ just looks too in control.

Comment

All my lads have fallen away pretty much. Might throw a few bob on Reed at 66s (or better hopefully) for a bit of interest. Guy could go low tomorrow with a bit of momentum behind him. Although may need the crowd to gee him up.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post

The replies to that are brilliant.

'You are now entering Free Delivery' ​​
                                                              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

This is a great listen. Some of these docs are top notch the last one for 2020.

100 years next week.

Listen to this episode from Documentary on One Podcast on Spotify. On November 21st 1920, British security forces stormed a Gaelic football match in Croke Park Dublin, killing 14 and wounding dozens more. 100 yrs later, Vincent Murphy sets out on a 100 mile cycle as he explores his Grand Uncle Gus McCarthy’s story as one of the Tipperary players involved in what became known as Bloody Sunday (2020) Hosted on Acast. See acast.com/privacy for more information.

Comment

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

99/91!

hahahah

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

The replies to that are brilliant.

'You are now entering Free Delivery' ​​
                                                                      RAmazon Prime

Comment

RAmazon Prime
                                                                        Release all those incorrectly imprisoned for the bombing of parcel motel

Comment

I challenge you....

This too shall pass.

Comment

I think this is a super song, but what a cover!

Comment

Not sure if many have heard this btw, it's special. Listen to it first, if you enjoy it google for the story.

Comment

lift it a notch

Comment

He did a live gig from the gaff tonight.
                                                                                  .

Comment

How's about a British jig & reel?

Comment

Comment

The UK do have some underrated beasts in the scheme of things

Comment

Smarter than us all.

Comment

Made the Eamokoftas tonight...

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                                                              The UK do have some underrated beasts in the scheme of things

His best

Comment

Acoustic Guitar Wanker Goals

Comment

His best

Kirstie nearly made it her own but it's hard to upstage Billy Bragg. She made it a different emotion .

Comment

15 min well spent.

This too shall pass.

Comment

His best

Seen him a few years ago in St Patricks Cathedral, was very good.

That "song for ireland"...goosbumps !
                                                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Autotune, second takes etc. All of that really useful for producing a really good single. But some bands above it. Wouldn't say GOTYE on any of my lists for anything but come on to fuck!!

Play the hard parts loud!!!

Comment

Solskjaer - are you still playing? I'm keen to pick up some music again as soon as I can. Dad's Mandolin sitting around desperate for some attention. My guitar skills appalling, never put in enough effort. Need to change it!

Comment

His best
                                                                                                            His actual best.

Comment

Solskjaer - are you still playing? I'm keen to pick up some music again as soon as I can. Dad's Mandolin sitting around desperate for some attention. My guitar skills appalling, never put in enough effort. Need to change it!
                                                                                                              Ha coincidence . I was in X music recently looking for a leftie Mandolin and they laughed at me. Eh NO. Bought a classical recently hoping to freshen it up. Playing for so many years you get lazy , stop trying. Play only a few hours a week . Boo. Gl . Get the feck back into it .

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

Ha coincidence . I was in X music recently looking for a leftie Mandolin and they laughed at me. Eh NO. Bought a classical recently hoping to freshen it up. Playing for so many years you get lazy , stop trying. Play only a few hours a week . Boo. Gl . Get the feck back into it .
                                                                                                                Agree, excuses are what I have, they're worth absolutely nothing though at the end of it. Will have to make time for it in coming years or it will all be swept away!

Only a few weeks out from life-changing event sure - maybe I'll be v different not long after.

Herself Scottish - this is appealing all round

Comment

Not sure if many have heard this btw, it's special. Listen to it first, if you enjoy it google for the story.
                                                                                                                  Thanks for that. Just bought the album. Will wait for it to arrive, listen, then check out the RTE Doc on One.

Comment

Tomorrows a formality I think. DJ just looks too in control.
                                                                                                                    I see my fake American\Mexican is still hanging in there in second. Hopefully he's a Mexi-can rather than a Mexi-can't.

I need some very important info for my sweat later on. Do you prounounce his name like 'anker' (as in wanker) or like 'anser'?
                                                                                                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

It got better

​​​​​​
                                                                                                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

This song never fails to put me in a good mood.

Comment

Strange request, but wondering if anybody knows where you could find Ortiz anchovies in Dublin?
                                                                                                                          Only style of anchovies I’ve ever enjoyed fwiw

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X